l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (5) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Avengers!, JOSS WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDON!!
Tech Knight
Posted: May 4 2012, 01:15 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 56221

WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAH!!!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

THE ACTION!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

THE DRAMA!!!

THE ACTION!!!

THE LOL!!!!

THE ACTION!!!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
PMEmail Poster
Raptor007
Posted: May 4 2012, 01:59 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 1412

Hands down the BEST Marvel movie yet
everyone pretty much gets equal amount of time
GO SEE IT NOW, if you have not already
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
shoeboxjeddy
Posted: May 4 2012, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Still accepting applications~

Member No.: 45553

So frickin' good, dudes. The Joss Whedon funny is in, but it also has the best and most satisfying action out of ALL the Marvel movies. And while some characters get shortchanged (Hill, Foster), they are obviously the best picks to do that with given the time constraints and so on. This movie is often comprised of pure joy beamed into the brain of anyone who's ever enjoyed a comic book.

No spoilers highlights:
-Best Hulk moment since (some comic thing I forgot about)
-Looking at where his shots are going is semi-optional for Hawkeye
-lol 2nd best Hulk moment
-Too many Tony lines to count
-Cap giving orders on two separate occasions
-Dat end credits scene. FUCK YEAH

This post has been edited by shoeboxjeddy on May 4 2012, 02:32 PM
PM
-sam
Posted: May 4 2012, 08:29 PM
Quote Post

Trapped by paradoxes

Member No.: 3659

QUOTE (shoeboxjeddy @ May 4 2012, 03:21 PM)
-Dat end credits scene.  FUCK YEAH

which one? laugh.gif

I said it after seeing Thor and I'll say it again, I love how Marvel is completely unafraid to let their freak flag fly

Hulk vs Loki was some of the funniest shit I've seen in forever, the theater was laughing so hard i couldn't even hear Hulk's line afterword.

We also need a Black Widow film....now.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
kenshin
Posted: May 4 2012, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

A chat with you and somehow death loses its sting.

Member No.: 2215

Only negative thing: I guess Joss can't resist being Joss. :|
-sam
Posted: May 4 2012, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

Trapped by paradoxes

Y'mean with the kick-ass chicks? Yeah totally.

As for other thing, 1) totally in service to narrative and any writer would go there -- they need something to Avenge after all, and, 2) I kinda think Fury's pulling a con.
shoeboxjeddy
Posted: May 5 2012, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (-sam @ May 4 2012, 09:29 PM)
which one?  laugh.gif

Hulk vs Loki was some of the funniest shit I've seen in forever, the theater was laughing so hard i couldn't even hear Hulk's line afterword.

We also need a Black Widow film....now.

The first one. The end end scene was amusing but pointless.

Yeah, trying not to spoil that for anyone but I involuntarily made a loud noise of shock and amusement right as it started. The sound equivalent of "ha ha ha wtf yes." No idea what that line was, apparently it was funny? That actually happened a lot, the jokes were so good we couldn't hear the next line or two after them.

Thor: Take care with your words, for all else that he is, Loki is still a member of my family.
Black Widow: *mildly* He's killed 80 people in 2 days.
Thor: *abashed* He was adopted.

And more like a SHIELD movie. MOAR Hawkeye, tons more Black Widow, Fury using a gun larger than a pistol (and smaller than an RPG lol), Hill having a character arc, and Coulson being revealed totally still alive, screw Whedon's druthers.
PM
-sam
Posted: May 5 2012, 08:05 AM
Quote Post

Trapped by paradoxes

QUOTE (shoeboxjeddy @ May 5 2012, 08:30 AM)
The sound equivalent of "ha ha ha wtf yes."  No idea what that line was

apparently puny god

And more like a SHIELD movie.  MOAR Hawkeye, tons more Black Widow, Fury using a gun larger than a pistol (and smaller than an RPG lol), Hill having a character arc, and Coulson being revealed totally still alive, screw Whedon's druthers.

I loved Coulson fanboying over Cap however it did raise the huge, "dude gonna die" flag in neon colors. Of course Fury did fake the cards, and he does have schemes within schemes.
shoeboxjeddy
Posted: May 5 2012, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

After the movie, me and my friend were like

"Wait, so did Fury use like a die cap or ketchup on the cards? Or did he like go over to Coulson's body after the fact and give them a good coating, really making sure to rub that one in there pretty good? Cuz... that's creepy as fuck, lol."

But yeah, seems like they could easily say his death was a fake. Like maybe he disappeared in order to run the Secret Avengers (rather than a SHIELD movie, call it that and introduce Luke Cage and whoever else you want for that). Seems like a weird plan to kill the guy right as he's become a major character in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and has now even appeared in the comics themselves.

But what was with the weird pistol obsession everyone had in this movie? Oh no, Loki is escaping in a jeep, shoot at it ineffectually with a tiny pistol! Shit, helicopter, shoot it with a tiny pistol. The Hulk? Um... tiny pistol? A second plane?! TINY PISTOL ATTACK! Only Cap used a proper weapon (except for that thing Fury does), and it was stolen from the bad guys. huh.gif
PM
-sam
Posted: May 5 2012, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Trapped by paradoxes

Plus if he lives Joss will have subverted Jossing which is just his speed I think

To be fair, a lot of those instances they didn't have time to grab a bigger gun. Plus you forgot Coulson and his "I don't even know what this does."
shoeboxjeddy
Posted: May 5 2012, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

I guess that explains it since you know, that happened right after. And also Nick Fury's big gun insistence was also somewhat of a fail. Not that small guns worked either... Okay only Iron Man guns and bows do anything unless you are Black Widow. New rule.
PM
kenshin
Posted: May 5 2012, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

A chat with you and somehow death loses its sting.

Member No.: 2215

QUOTE (-sam @ May 4 2012, 11:56 PM)
Y'mean with the kick-ass chicks?  Yeah totally.

As for other thing, 1) totally in service to narrative and any writer would go there -- they need something to Avenge after all, and, 2) I kinda think Fury's pulling a con.

That I expect, of course, but I should have known that Joss would <snip> smile.gif

Putting aside that, it was the movie I waited for most of my life. Everything is spot on and more. At this point, the only proper response from WB would be the a World's Finest movie followed by the Justice League. smile.gif

This post has been edited by kenshin on May 5 2012, 09:52 PM
daesim
Posted: May 5 2012, 06:35 PM
Quote Post

Too macho for the rapture. OHHHHHH YEAH!!!

Member No.: 48830

I'm totally on an avengers high right now. My favorite superhero movie ever. Finally, Whedon breaks his unlucky streak. I nearly stroked out when Loki tried to deliver a villainous denouncement to "The other guy." Anyone else would have known to just shut the fuck up, but not poor Loki. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
stageninja
Posted: May 5 2012, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

I'm a pony now. Ponies are cool.

Member No.: 18430

QUOTE (shoeboxjeddy @ May 5 2012, 10:22 AM)
But what was with the weird pistol obsession everyone had in this movie? Oh no, Loki is escaping in a jeep, shoot at it ineffectually with a tiny pistol! Shit, helicopter, shoot it with a tiny pistol. The Hulk? Um... tiny pistol? A second plane?! TINY PISTOL ATTACK! Only Cap used a proper weapon (except for that thing Fury does), and it was stolen from the bad guys. huh.gif

I was thinking that too. Although, I just took it to inappropriate subtext with this. Even though the weapon is flaccid, they still have to whip it out. rolleyes.gif
PM
shoeboxjeddy
Posted: May 5 2012, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (kenshin @ May 5 2012, 07:20 PM)
SPOILAHZ

Putting aside that, it was the movie I waited for most of my life. Everything is spot on and more. At this point, the only proper response from WB would be the a World's Finest movie followed by the Justice League. smile.gif

Yo dude, way to break the streak of being considerate to people popping in for an impression of how good it is before going to see it. Please edit that part into tiny text. dry.gif

One thing that was great in retrospect is how thematically similar (and basic plot similar) it ended up being to the original comics despite being very different.

*Outline of movie spoilers follow*

-Loki accidentally forming the Avengers
-Loki assuming the Hulk will prevent the team from stopping him
-The team concentrating more on impressing each other than solving the problem at first
-Iron Man coming up with new armors on the fly (always true, lol)

Only thing missing is Giant Man getting punked in front of his girlfriend. Maybe in Avengers 2... laugh.gif
PM
-sam
Posted: May 5 2012, 08:13 PM
Quote Post

Trapped by paradoxes

QUOTE (daesim @ May 5 2012, 07:35 PM)
I nearly stroked out when Loki tried to deliver a villainous denouncement to "The other guy."

I think this might be relevant to your interests (spoilers I suppose)
daesim
Posted: May 5 2012, 10:54 PM
Quote Post

Too macho for the rapture. OHHHHHH YEAH!!!

Member No.: 48830

That is awesome! No chance it won't get taken down though.
PMEmail Poster
Tomar
Posted: May 5 2012, 11:23 PM
Quote Post

Ultimate l33t One

Member No.: 205

QUOTE (-sam @ May 5 2012, 08:13 PM)
I think this might be relevant to your interests (spoilers I suppose)

That is Whedon for you. He arranges a double trope and subverts big time for laughs. happy.gif

It has been asked and raised by DC fans why WB can't figure out how to do their movies where The Dark Knight appears to be more of an exception than the rule. If the reboot-reboot of Superman doesn't do well then there is little chance anyone will want to fund a live action Justice League and maybe we are better off without it. I personally think it is more a reflection that the basic underpinnings of Marvel characters and stories are more grounded than DC's characters and stories. It isn't that Thor is more "realistic" than Superman but it seems those at Marvel who are shepherding the stories and characters consider more questions and ideas that are in our real world.

This post has been edited by Tomar on May 5 2012, 11:38 PM
PMEmail Poster
Wavehawk
Posted: May 6 2012, 12:52 AM
Quote Post

"O Galileo Galileo~~GALILEO LET ME GO!!"

Member No.: 555

I need to say nothign more. Loved the film, but can't stand the idiots here in Australia who refuse to see it because "of that lame-o who was on Neighbors" (---eg Chris Hemsworth). I can't wait for the next one, this was definitely worth more than the time and money I spent lining up to watch it on opening day.

Although I definitely suggest to save your cash and watch it in 2D. The 3D version isn't worth the extra cash and headache.

BTW, on DC movies---Green Lantern was probably proof positive that DC doesn't know what the hell to do with any of their characters not named Batman.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
shoeboxjeddy
Posted: May 6 2012, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Saw it again with people who hadn't seen yet. The guy I went with the first time did the same thing. Likely, this sort of behavior on a wide scale helped Avengers become the best opening weekend for a movie ever (not adjusted down for 3D or inflation or whatever of course).
PM
-sam
Posted: May 6 2012, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Trapped by paradoxes

Joss Whedon's next tv project sure as hell isn't going to be aired out of order and cancelled early, I can tell you that.

DC fails because they are owned by a movie studio, compared to Marvel which is the studio.
errantrogue
Posted: May 6 2012, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Captain?

Member No.: 37041

Of course only Joss could make a Wash moment for Marvel... I both love it and mourn it. Good show.

The swarma at the end didn't feel right. Like everyone was pissed. Or maybe the food was just bad.

Also you lampshade/handwave how Thor comes back to earth, but not how he knew to? Should've been mention of Heimdal.

Was there ever a miniepisode about the cellist?

DC fails because they are owned by a movie studio, compared to Marvel which is the studio.

uhhh, isn't Marvel owned by Disney?

This post has been edited by errantrogue on May 6 2012, 07:39 PM
PMEmail Poster
Eclectic Replicant
Posted: May 6 2012, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Active Membrane

Member No.: 32665

QUOTE (errantrogue @ May 6 2012, 09:34 PM)
The swarma at the end didn't feel right. Like everyone was pissed. Or maybe the food was just bad.

They were probably just tired.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
-sam
Posted: May 6 2012, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Trapped by paradoxes

QUOTE (errantrogue @ May 6 2012, 08:34 PM)
uhhh, isn't Marvel owned by Disney?

Marvel is a studio owned by Disney, that produces its own movies.

DC is a content factory for WB studios to make movies out of.

There is a difference.
Tomar
Posted: May 6 2012, 10:01 PM
Quote Post

Ultimate l33t One

Member No.: 205

So a good question is "What do they do next?" Clearly some sequels are in the works but would it be a good idea to add another movie and character into the mix? Who would that be? I'm not a comic expert so I honestly can't say.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll