l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (3) All [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> What Are You Watching This Month?, May 2012
omoikane
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

♪mojimoji shite kimoi ne♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 14

what anime/manga/related are you watching/reading/related in May of 2012?

Last Month

As for me, uh...

Up
Kids on the Slope
AKB0048 - helps that i play im@s as to getting used to (and excited over) 3d dolls doing their dances. I miss im@s the animuuuu
Tsuritama - still loving it
Fate/Zero - YEAAAH FLASHBACK YEAAA dead servants and master YEAAA
Space Bros - bros before hos
Sankarea - fanservice OF THE DEAD
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - Takane OF THE DEAD
Korean Zombies Desk Car OF THE DEAD - OF THE DEAD
Jormungand - koko, loco, oh noes.
Eureka 7 Ao - EUREKAAAAAAA
Natsuiro Kiseki - TROLL STONE COLD

Steady
Fujiko - got better once everyone's in the show.
Medaka Box - my sort of crap anime
Saki - not as good as s1 just on the basis of development
Nazo no Kanojo X - dropped. because yawn, no time and just isn't hooking me.
Sengoku Collection - DAT masaMUNE, otherwise interesting!
Accel World - interesting! need more teenage hormone-fueled fanservice!
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - \(・ω・)/Letísにゃー!

Down
Upotte! - same as Acchi Kocchi maybe, but I probably won't drop it yet.

Out
Acchi Kocchi - too low-tension for humor, i fell asleep 2 out of first 3 eps.
Kuroko - Never got to ep 3.
Zetman - just not my sort of thing, not because it's bad.
Shining Heart - hahaha did you think i would watch more than 1 ep.
Queen's Blade S3 - no time
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOL
Nestor
Posted: May 1 2012, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 24897

Watching:
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - Well, I'm technically watching it. It's getting downloaded and sorted into its folder, but I haven't actually watched anything beyond episode 2.
Eureka Seven - AO - See above, except that I haven't watched beyond episode 1.
Mysterious Girlfriend X - I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop this. It's pretty fucking boring.
Sakamichi no Apollon - I have a rule in my RSS downloader that automatically downloads this series (and the series listed up there) but I haven't actually watched a single episode.
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - I am watching this with some degree of consistency. Well, I haven't missed an episode yet.
Seirei no Moribito - This looks fucking awesome in blu ray. Also, the dub isn't bad.
Fate Zero - Saberrrrrr

Oh, I'm also watching some fucking blu rays of some "maru!" chick.

Reading:
Mathematical girls - math and shit.
Nana to Kaoru - heh, woof.

My copy of Ore no imouto volume 10 should be arriving this week. Or next week. or sometime.

This post has been edited by Nestor on May 1 2012, 11:51 AM
PMEmail Poster
Random Wanderer
Posted: May 1 2012, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

Member No.: 51878

QUOTE (Nestor @ May 1 2012, 01:47 PM)
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - Well, I'm technically watching it. It's getting downloaded and sorted into its folder, but I haven't actually watched anything beyond episode 2.

You should watch episode three at least before giving up on the series. The stuff that happens in that episode is significant, and the mood at several points is notably darker.
PMEmail Poster
WorkPanda
Posted: May 1 2012, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

Worst panda EVAR

Member No.: 587

There's too much good anime on at the moment. So I've started watching Fairy Tail instead.

I don't understand myself. Even if I absolutely had to watch some typical long shounen series, there are obviously less bland, unremarkable options.
PM
Random Wanderer
Posted: May 1 2012, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

A blog post about Accel World episode 4 made me go watch what there is so far of the series in order to find out who would hurt a girl that badly, and why. I don't know if I'll keep watching it; the series itself isn't exactly to my taste; but I'm going to need to see at least one more episode to make certain that she's all right.
PMEmail Poster
dm
Posted: May 1 2012, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Bothering no one, touching nothing, just fixing the Primus.

Member No.: 263

QUOTE (WorkPanda @ May 1 2012, 02:58 PM)
There's too much good anime on at the moment. So I've started watching Fairy Tail instead.

I don't understand myself. Even if I absolutely had to watch some typical long shounen series, there are obviously less bland, unremarkable options.

I can sympathize. I find myself watching Nyarko-chan even though I have an episode of Kids on the slope and acres of Uchibros queued up.

Started v3 of Yume tsukai. I'd been reading scanlations, but it turns out the books are an easy-enough read. It will take a while to get through the books I have before turning to Discommunication.

This post has been edited by dm on May 1 2012, 04:02 PM
PMEmail Poster
Nestor
Posted: May 2 2012, 12:03 AM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

QUOTE (Random Wanderer @ May 1 2012, 11:20 AM)
You should watch episode three at least before giving up on the series.

I haven't. I want to watch it. I'm downloading it. I just ... haven't gotten around to it.
PMEmail Poster
Remolg
Posted: May 2 2012, 01:28 AM
Quote Post

Dem Thighhighs

Member No.: 51260

Currently Watching
Fate/Zero - I've generally agree with Kiritsugu's methods to fighting this war, but forcing Lancer to kill himself just hit me in a bad way. But on the other side, even though I kinda figured it would happen due to how things are in FSN, Kirei killing Tohsaka was a good move for the story. Makes things interestin'.
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - Good zany show. Comedy wise, the show is fairly generic, but the concept of the show is hilarious to me. The Crawling Chaos as a goofy high school girl, the Nightmare Corpse-city is an amusement park. It's just amazing.
Jormungand - Not a whole lot is going on in this show, but I'm digging it. The characters definitely make this one.
Kuroshitsuji - Finally jumped on this bandwagon. Had a hard time watching for the first few episodes, mostly because it felt like a jumbled mash of genres (and the fact that it comes off as a fujioshi's wet dream, at least to me), but now that I've gotten into the show and the story's unfolding, it's starting to be interesting. And then there's fucking Grell...
Medaka Box - Filler at this point. Not doing a whole lot for me, but now shitty enough to drop.
Nazo no Kanojo X - Yeah, it is slow. But it's cute, and it really has me scratching my head. Even if I didn't like it, I'd keep on watching just cause I want to know what the fuck is up with this drool!?
Sakamichi no Apollon - Moar plz.
Sankarea - This show just makes me smile. That's all there is to it. It's a fun concept and Rea's cute as shit.

This post has been edited by Remolg on May 2 2012, 01:29 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
uncreative
Posted: May 2 2012, 02:08 AM
Quote Post

Endlessly looping, never updating.

Group: Mafiosi
Member No.: 54034

QUOTE (Remolg @ May 1 2012, 11:28 PM)
Kuroshitsuji - Finally jumped on this bandwagon. Had a hard time watching for the first few episodes, mostly because it felt like a jumbled mash of genres (and the fact that it comes off as a fujioshi's wet dream, at least to me), but now that I've gotten into the show and the story's unfolding, it's starting to be interesting. And then there's fucking Grell...

Yeah, it's a shounen manga written to have fujoshi appeal, but it balances both sides pretty well. Like seemingly everything, the show is better when they're not making up new material, although the second series is noteworthy for being an enormous troll.

Grell :3
PM
Random Wanderer
Posted: May 2 2012, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

QUOTE (Nestor @ May 2 2012, 02:03 AM)
I haven't. I want to watch it. I'm downloading it. I just ... haven't gotten around to it.

In my personal experience, that's often the first stage to just letting something drop. I just wanted to say that I think you should watch the third episode before letting that happen.
PMEmail Poster
Basroil
Posted: May 3 2012, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

Irresistible.

Member No.: 16396

The Delusional Eu group meetings at the end of the Kore wa Zombie episodes this season are awesome, best part of the show actually.
PMEmail Poster
DaRk_KnIgHt
Posted: May 4 2012, 04:03 AM
Quote Post

blaarghlebleeeergh--

Member No.: 3729

Started some Simoun, besides the bizarre and somewhat intriguing setting it is rather dull and feels like a pretentious attempt to be poetic or something.

3 episodes in, not sure if I want to keep watching. I might be better served by finishing off the rest of Pani Poni Dash.
PMEmail Poster
uncreative
Posted: May 4 2012, 01:27 PM
Quote Post

Endlessly looping, never updating.

Group: Mafiosi
Member No.: 54034

QUOTE (DaRk_KnIgHt @ May 4 2012, 02:03 AM)
3 episodes in, not sure if I want to keep watching. I might be better served by finishing off the rest of Pani Poni Dash.

Gotta hit the fourth before doing that, ideally eighth.
PM
Telliamed
Posted: May 4 2012, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Delusional Fool

Member No.: 343

Accel World - A bit of nerd wish-fulfillment, perhaps. I've mainly been watching for the princess, but what will happen after *SPOILER*? Well, there's also the intentionally unintentional innuendo to amuse me.
Natsuiro Kiseki - A lesser Hanasaku Iroha. Even for not being as finely crafted as what PA Works does, it has it's moments. But I expect it'll be quickly forgotten once Tari Tari hits.
Kimi to Boku 2 - This is hovering just above the point where I'd get bored and drop it. But worth watching just for the relaxing mood.
Polar Bear Cafe - Even more relaxing than KtB, and funnier. It's not that the jokes are original by any means, but because it's not just a group of high school girls like every other anime, it feels that way.
Recorder to Randosell 2 - It fascinates me how far this joke can be stretched.
Medaka Box - Dropped. I guess it's just too META for me, or something.
Hyouka - Those eyes. Sort of a "book girl" type, but not really. Close enough to grab my attention at least.
Sengoku Collection - Mouretsu Samurai. This show has no reason to be as good as it is. It's based on a Facebook game, and is just a vehicle to promote Sweety. And yet it's clever, looks nice, and keeps me entertained by not being entirely predictable. One week it's a noir Masamune drama, the next a Bokuden mockumentary.
Sakamichi no Apollon - Anime for grown-ups. It's a bit dry, but very well done. And has me humming jazz tunes all week. (A change from the usual jpop fluff.)
Lupin III Fujiko saga - More grown-up anime. Green >>>>> Red
Fate/Zero - The first season seemed more exciting because stuff was happening, although surreptitiously with lots of talking and walking in circles. The second season is when all that maneuvering comes to a head. As they say, no battle plan survives the first engagement. Or more succinctly, the shit has hit the fan. It's still exciting but of a different flavor.
Sankarea - Good but not great. It's delivering everything I expected from the manga. But it doesn't go much further than that. Nevertheless, Rea is all kinds of cute and the current darling of the internet.
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia - Stiff competition for Rea. Oh, ha-hah. I said "stiff". A dead person joke, get it?
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - I'm suffering the lousy animation for the sake of amusing (if predictable) jokes and silly elder-god abuse. Too much annoying plot, though.
Mysterious Girlfriend X - Yodare ... Yodere ... Yandere ... Yuri ... Yume ...
Mouretsu Pirates - (not-so) Surprise, lesbians. Yuri: It makes everything better.
Ozma - Just finished. Dropped after 6 episodes. Okay, that was the end of the series. But I wouldn't have bothered if it went on longer. Such a disappointment.
C3 - Cube x Cursed x Curious OVA - a.k.a. episode 13. Everything a OVA should be. A field trip, fanservice, sight gags, test of courage, and self-deprecating humor. Also, neko-mimi tent.
Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA - In the queue as I wait for it to be translated.
Sakasama no Patema - The prologue has recently been translated. I had missed that the elders know about the surface world and keep it a secret.
Onegai Teacher - Went back to this because of Ano Natsu de Matteru. It really is the same story. There are some continuity problems so you can't say it was a sequel. Surprisingly poignant in contrast to what I was expecting. And though Teacher had an unsatisfactory ending, at least there weren't any men-in-black.
SDF Macross - Plodding along. The plot has settled down into a more stereotypical space opera. And a lot of not unexpected anti-imperalist sentiment.

yeesh... that's a lot of anime
PMUsers Website
Random Wanderer
Posted: May 4 2012, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

QUOTE (Telliamed @ May 4 2012, 09:19 PM)
Yuri: It makes everything better.

Hey, that's my catchphrase! tongue.gif

C3 - Cube x Cursed x Curious OVA

Seeing a blog post about this got me curious about the series, and I've begun watching it. I've just reached episode 6. The first episode has a... rather different feel to it, compared to what follows. Or rather, it's pretty much 100% of the lightheartedness and 0% of the drama, where the following episodes have them mixed.

This post has been edited by Random Wanderer on May 4 2012, 08:46 PM
PMEmail Poster
Random Wanderer
Posted: May 5 2012, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

I've finished watching the 12 regular episodes of C3. I found it surprisingly good. The first episode didn't do much for me, but after that, the more I watched the more interesting it became. It's probably better when marathoned, like I did, than when watched week-to-week, though.

I like all the girls. I'll take the whole set, please. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
mostlyharmless
Posted: May 5 2012, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 4001

Seem to have struck a vein of student/tsundere teacher. "Wain no Kachikan" & "Unbalance X 2". Both good, tho one is hentai/manga and the other ecchi/manwha.
PM
Shiro
Posted: May 9 2012, 03:37 AM
Quote Post

Beautiful fighter.

Member No.: 36127

Fairy Tail - Filler material at the moment. Not really paying much attention.
Fate/zero Second Season - It's
Hunter x Hunter 2011 - So good. Totally blowing the original anime out of the water.
Kuroko no Basket - I'm not sure how long i'll be watching it for, though for now it's just fun.
One Piece - Hoping Tate joins the team again for the upcoming fight scenes.
Saint Seiya Omega - wub.gif
Sakamichi no Apollo - Obviously loving this.
Shirokuma Cafe - Penguin is the best character.
Sket Dance - OP shows some pretty chapters. Can't wait.
Tsuritama - Can understand why it's Omo's favourite show of the season.
Uchuu Kyoudai - My favourite show of the season.

Finally watched Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos over the weekend. Ended up enjoying the film a lot more then i thought i would. Story was very solid, not coming across as just another simple side story to the original. Lot's of impact, which is what i end up loving about the franchise. A lot can be said about the animation as well, hot damn.

Because of that, i've been rewatching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Still bummed about the blu-ray release here, though DVD's are doing the job.

I finally finished Legend of the Galactic Heroes on Monday. Not much needs to be said. Loved it all so much.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
omoikane
Posted: May 9 2012, 05:25 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ungo ep 00 is ep 00

it explains the whole monster fight in the end, i suppose.
omoikane
Posted: May 10 2012, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

michael moore parody in sengoku collection.

yay i am not behind for about 12 hours! lol.
Nestor
Posted: May 10 2012, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

Watching:
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - I'm caught up.
Eureka Seven - AO - I'm not caught up.
Mysterious Girlfriend X - I'm dropping this. It's a one-trick pony.
Sakamichi no Apollon - Haven't watched a single episode. Probably should at least give it a shot if I'm going to keep downloading it week after week.
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - The chaos that crawls up to you with a smile~
Macross - Marathoned the last few episodes to complete the series. Minmay is a bimbo. Hikaru is derpy. Misa is hot. Let's throw a baby around the room, wheee~
Fate Zero - Saberrrrrr
Evangelion - Yeah, I didn't see a thread go up this tuesday, so I'm guessing nobody was actually interested in watching the show. I think the weekly series rewatch has reached its end.

Reading:
Ore no Imouto #10 - I'm actually struggling. If you're not actually using a language, you forget it. having to relearn the language as I go.

This post has been edited by Nestor on May 10 2012, 11:13 AM
PMEmail Poster
Qix
Posted: May 10 2012, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 21092

QUOTE (omoikane @ May 10 2012, 11:51 AM)
michael moore parody in sengoku collection.

yay i am not behind for about 12 hours! lol.

Wat.

I thought it was set in the sengoku era, about cute girls doing warring stuff?
PMEmail Poster
omoikane
Posted: May 10 2012, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Qix @ May 10 2012, 12:14 PM)
Wat.

I thought it was set in the sengoku era, about cute girls doing warring stuff?

nope, modern world. and very little warring of any kind.

i think they're just doing whatever for the anime, because the source material is a pokemon-y mobage sort of thing.
Nestor
Posted: May 11 2012, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

So I checked out the new... Young Animator Training Project- the one with the spider. That was pretty interesting. a good mix of story and animation and moe.
PMEmail Poster
Telliamed
Posted: May 11 2012, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Delusional Fool

Member No.: 343

QUOTE (omoikane @ May 10 2012, 12:54 PM)
i think they're just doing whatever for the anime,

A winning formula. It's when directors second-guess themselves with trying to meet the expectations of an established fanbase, or read opinion polls and blogs, and so on... that's where productions go wrong. It reminds me of Mayoi Neko Overrun that took a similar do-what-we-like approach.

Anyway, the plot goes even further off the rails with the Gennai Hiraga story, where Nobunaga doesn't even make a cameo. But it's cute and has some service for sci-fi fans.
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) All [1] 2 3  Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll