l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (4) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Interest In A Fallout Rp
RedWolf4
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 67271

Been toying with the idea on and off, but would people be interested in messing about in a Fallout RP for shits and giggles?
PMEmail Poster
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Member No.: 40427

*chuckles* I still have yet to play any of those games, but I understand the general idea. Yes, I would be interested!
PMEmail Poster
Codenametrigger
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 57328

Omg my god, i was going to do this before i remembered my Tokyo racing RP. Count me all in baby.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
RedWolf4
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Alright, well, I think I might just start it up and let people join as they may. Also, to start, the game will be based in the recent area's revealed in Fallout 3 and New vegas.

Suggestions and questions?

This post has been edited by RedWolf4 on Apr 28 2012, 08:58 PM
PMEmail Poster
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Member No.: 40427

QUOTE (RedWolf4 @ Apr 28 2012, 08:56 PM)
Alright, well, I think I might just start it up and let people join as they may. Also, to start, the game will be based in the recent area's revealed in Fallout 3 and New vegas.

Suggestions and questions?

What kind of RP are you going for?
PMEmail Poster
RedWolf4
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 05:52 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Much like the others we've been playing, Hats. Few restriction, a bit of oversight, etc. There will be no classes, that sort of thing. You could be a Brotherhood paladin or a Jackal's raider, that sort of thing. Simply don't be stupid about it or Sue out, and I won't feel obligated to open up a nest of Deathclaws beneath your feet, yadda yadda. Really, it's just a make your own adventure. Although I might give you a good nudge.

Also, in relation to distances and populations in places, in the game a town like Primm might have had 10 NPC's, in this game there's probably 200 or so, and to get from there to say Goodsprings might take a couple of days walk.
PMEmail Poster
Codenametrigger
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

You said exploring places that are already revealed in Vegas and 3, are we going to be starting in either? Are the expansions wrapped in? What about people that haven't played either game/expansions? What are we going to do about new places to explore (Montana/colorado/texas, etc)? Are we going to include vehicles like in fallout: tactics?

How epic are we going to go? Resurrecting a centuries old Commie killing robot? Charging NCR troops on top of a mounted Deathclaw? Sinking a Chinese Spy Submarine?
RedWolf4
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

We'll be starting with them to begin, and if it catches we'll open up the expansion area's. If someone hasn't played these games, they can READ THE WIKI and ask questions. As for other area's, I'm not familiar with them, but hey, if you wanna open them up I'm not gonna object. Vehicle's are there, probably (They can build sentry bots but not a car? what gives?) But they'd be rare outside militaries or societies with a high degree of technological aptitude, so Brahmin trains and shanks mare are probably the main modes of getting around. For travel between the capitol wasteland and the Mojave, I suspect there's an airship system in play.

As for epicness, we'll see.
PMEmail Poster
John_234
Posted: May 1 2012, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 67922

So, you're going to involve all of the various wastelands into the RP? Sounds cool.

I'm definitely interested.
PMEmail Poster
RedWolf4
Posted: May 5 2012, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Right, well, whoever is up for this for the moment, go ahead and slap a profile up on here. Nothing special, just a name, who you are, what you are, any special equipment etc. etc. Just don't overdo it. We'll all be looking and judgmental and shit anyhoo.
PMEmail Poster
Codenametrigger
Posted: May 5 2012, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Name: Texas
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 200

Apperance: Texas is a cowboy from the south. He has the old straw hat, the toothpick constantly in his mouth, and a mean right hook. But his light kevlar vest with the words "Austin PD" written on it, and his combat boots do nothing to belay that. His is fairly muscled from his life traveling across the wastelands, but his kind brown eyes and sandy brown hair let people easily trust him. That and his rascalion 5 o clock shadow.

Personality: Texas is a man of integrity. You give your word, you keep it. He has scars from living this adorning his body. But he isn't dead from it yet. He has a kind heart, but carries a big stick.

Equipment: Lever action shotgun with about a handful of ammo, he calls her Grendel. M1911A pistol with a box of ammo. He keeps a set of brass knuckles close by at all times, a light kevlar vest, his cowboy hat, small first aid kit (Mostly empty), a pair of combat boots, and a flask o' whiskey.

History: Raised in a small community in the fledgling Republic of Texas, he was raised like everyone was family, Even strangers that stopped by were treated like they were coming home to them. His father said that kindness turns away more evil than fighting. But fighting had its place. While growing up, they got visited by a wandering group, a part of the Followers of the Apocalypse. They treated everyone well, tried to cure any diseases they could, and taught them how to fight off infection and generally have a better life. He always looked forward to their visits and when he came of age, asked permission to follow with them. His father was reluctant, but saw the benefit of having someone in the community with medical training.

He left and enjoyed his life, treating people, seeing himself fighting back and giving people hope. But after a few years, he returned to his home only to find it burned to the ground. He was shattered. He left immediately, not even going back to the Followers, just walking. He's kept that up to this day.
RedWolf4
Posted: May 5 2012, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Nice and simple, I like it. Get the feeling his outfit looks a bit like Joshua Graham's?
PMEmail Poster
Codenametrigger
Posted: May 5 2012, 09:05 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Yeap. With the hat of the Lonesome drifter.
RedWolf4
Posted: May 5 2012, 09:16 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Nice.
PMEmail Poster
John_234
Posted: May 6 2012, 09:05 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Farin
Description: Appearance She's pale, with dirty blond hair and a compact frame, being 5'3. Her eyes are a striking blue, and she carries herself around with a sense of purpose. Farin is naturally fairly curvy, but a lifetime of constant training and tough situations has slimmed her down to an athlete's stature. Her hair, normally shoulder length, is tied back out of convenience. A smoking habit has made her voice huskier, but when she speaks, it's clear, dry and imminently recognizable. (Copied from another RP.)

Outfit: Typical outfit from bottom up: Leather paratrooper boots with grey cargo slacks bloused into them, a black, short-sleeved thermal T-shirt, a lightweight vest with titanium inserts. Brown leather suspenders with utility and ammo pouches are worn on top of the vest, and a heavy duster on top of that. A large canvas backpack is also common-sight for Farin. Depending on the occasion, she will wear goggles, shemaghs and gloves for brutal weather, and she keeps a gas mask on hand for toxic finds.

Personality & History: Farin came to New Vegas mostly to find something new. From a young age, she dealt with abandonment in a poor area and kept herself sane by learning and becoming competent with as many trades as she could find. Commonly, she found work as a courier, where her solitary nature and self-sufficiency were perfect for the role. Farin wasn't a famous courier - she didn't speak about her jobs, worked fast and worked reliably. Those who knew of her swore by her services, but she stayed out of the eye of major powerplay, which is just how she liked it. A lack of obligation to any given faction was what allowed her to travel so freely, the decision to visit New Vegas being little more than an impulsive decision.

Farin can be dry and honest to the point of being grating a times, and while she talks little, she has no hesitation of speaking out when the situation dictates. She's pragmatic to the core and seldom lets emotions effect her - something that probably spared her from firefights with the many Legionaries she ran into during travels.

Equipment:
*1911 (.45 Auto Pistol) - A surprisingly well-maintained Canaanite pistol, with luminous sights, a rounded-off grip tang and beveled magazine well. It's been recently reblued, and the wood grips were cut to shape by Farin.
*Winchester 1897 Trench Shotgun - An ancient type of pump-action shotgun used by military predating even the old-world days. Modified with a shorter barrel, removed heatshield and bayonet plug, as well as internal reinforcement for heavy loads. This model is actually a reproduction, so it's speculated that not everything is accurate to the original.
*M79 Custom (Grenade Rifle) - A 40mm grenade launcher modified heavily for Farin's uses. She removed the wood stock and replaced it with one taken from a Chinese assault rifle, as well as lengthened the barrel slightly.
*Survival Knife
*Frag Grenades

Farin generally carries enough supplies to last for three days on the move, relying on scavenging to supply the rest. The pack she carries is loaded with essentials; canteens, notebooks, knives, medicine, compass, maps, a quantity of caps and old-world cash, booze, smokes. Farin carries a moderate loadout of weaponry, a shotgun being her primary weapon. The grenade rifle frequently lashed to her pack gives punishing long-range firepower if need be, though she carries few grenades due to their bulky nature.

*Motorcycle - A one-off motorcycle built by one of Farin's contacts. It's built from bits and pieces of pre-war designs. The core of the bike is a microfusion cell engine, highly efficient and cool-running.

((I was also wondering about a motorcycle, since she's a courier, but that's optional at best. Any problems with the rest of it, though?))

This post has been edited by John_234 on May 7 2012, 02:08 AM
PMEmail Poster
RedWolf4
Posted: May 6 2012, 10:35 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

I could buy a motorcycle, easily enough, though I doubt you'll be running it off gasoline. And I'm willing to bet that trench gun looks like a scrap heap, after all it's been through.
PMEmail Poster
John_234
Posted: May 7 2012, 02:09 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Alright, I edited the post. Stated the shotgun is a repro (which makes more sense anyway) and that the motorcycle uses MFCs.
PMEmail Poster
RedWolf4
Posted: May 7 2012, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Better off running it on fission batteries. Seeing as MFC's can go plasma-critical. You wouldn't want her sitting on a giant plasma bomb, would you?
PMEmail Poster
Codenametrigger
Posted: May 7 2012, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

I see potential for Farin and Texas to know each other. Is it okay to speculate on this, maybe for something concrete?
RedWolf4
Posted: May 7 2012, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

I'm not stopping, but talk to John.
PMEmail Poster
John_234
Posted: May 7 2012, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Fission batteries, I'll make a note of that since the edit expired.

@Code: Any specific ideas?
PMEmail Poster
Codenametrigger
Posted: May 8 2012, 10:50 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Maybe current partners, or knew each other from several encounters, or even longtime friends that keep running into each other. A courier and a wanderer would meet more than some might think.
John_234
Posted: May 8 2012, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

I'd prefer if there was some sort of interaction you were aiming for with that, though. We can certainly add that sort of relationship in later if it's important.
PMEmail Poster
Codenametrigger
Posted: May 9 2012, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Okay. That makes sense. Did you have anything in mind?
DB_Explorer
Posted: May 9 2012, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 64806

Name: Louis Martel
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 145 pounds

Appearance: Louis is a ghoul meaning his appearance is less then pretty. He lacks any type of hair and his necrosis afflicted skin has taken a sandy color as a result of partial desiccation from the arid desert air. Normally wears a long brown duster with similarly colored pants, under the duster he wears a set of tan colored combat armor along with a sturdy pair of boots and a well-worn cowboy hat to round out the ensemble. Louis is not well built, almost lanky, and his voice is gravely but his brown eyes remain unaffected by any necrosis.

Personality & History: Turned to a ghoul when his shelter got hit by a near miss from one of the few nukes that managed to land near Vegas. Louis has managed a living by offering his skills in repair to anyone willing to pay and by salvaging and restoring what technology he could find to sell. The latter task is made vastly simpler by his immunity to radiation and the former by the fact that he remembers when the stuff was new. He currently runs a small repair and antique shop just off of the strip.

Louis has seen many people travel through the wastes and seen just as many die in new and interesting ways over the preceding years and is more than happy to smoother anyoneís enthusiasm with a sarcastic remark or two as a result. Itís not that he wishes to be spiteful itís just he rather not see any potential costumers die gruesome deaths. While he will help people he finds if they are in danger he stays out of conflicts like that between the NCR and Legion were his actions would do less to help solve the situation and more to get him killed.

Equipment:

An Assault Rifle for his primary weapon.

A 10mm Pistol as a backup

Combat Armor serves as his main armor.

Normally when he goes salvaging he also carries a pack with several daysí worth of supplies in terms of food and things like Stimpacks along with things like a shovel and tools to assist in salvage work.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic