l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (4) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [disc/rec] Nadir, The way out is through
thethirdrider
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Group: Mafiosi
Member No.: 54616

Nadir is a biopunk game in the vein of Surrogates and Bio/System Shock. In an alternate world similar in technology to the mid to late 1800s bioengineering has sprung up. People called Wicks burn up their life to do powerful feats. The rich buy the bodies of the poor cheating death and illness. Disease makers offer everyone a chance to be anything, learn anything, all you have to do is stake your life in a high risk gamble.

What would you give up to never have to worry about growing old or disease or injury? The cost is more than money; to do this you have to take another’s body. Find some poor, pathetic, desperate slob and steal their flesh. Well not steal, buy.

What would you risk if it meant power beyond anything possible? Beauty, intelligence, strength, charisma could all be yours. Disease makers, thriving in the black market offering plasmids and tonics and flu to let you have anything you want, change anything about you. A few days of sickness, maybe a week, and you wake up speaking a new language or playing the violin with no effort. Only you can’t understand the language, or forgot your own. Or the violinist fingers you were given won’t stop growing and your well trained ears are so sensitive you can’t bare even the faintest noises. But maybe it will work out. You can’t win unless you take a risk.

What would you give up for unlimited money? Would you sell a year of your life? Two? Three? More? Would you burn up your years, feeling yourself decay and fall apart so that you can live high and rich and carefree for a few short years? The candle that burns brightest burns shortest, and with an offer like that there are more than a few Wicks willing to burn themselves out for money and prestige

Since I am loathe to repeat myself... Original discussion thread, Q/A on social, governmental and technological questions, Q/A on magic and disease makers.

We'll keep this third person please, despite below... Once we have a few people we can try to get the ball rolling. smile.gif I hope we have some interested peopleses. If you have anything you'd like to run by me for ideas by all means do.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Occupation: This also includes social rank. They can be a disease maker, wick, etc. Anything that would be appropriate for the period.
Appearance: Height, weight, any deformities or notable features. Clothes are also a good addition. Give us a clear idea of that they look like.
Personality: Give us a clear idea of what kind of person they are.
History: Who are they, where were they born, what have they done up until now. Politlcal/social views, thigns of that nature.

QUOTE (Narrative)
Chimes jangle overhead as the door swings inward. After the noon sun in the street the shop is too dim for your eyes. The slat floor boards are worn in blond paths trailing off around shelves now gone missing and leading to the still dark counter. Once this place had been a baker’s. You can still smell old flour in the air and yeast. The bread loaves on the dirty glass have been only half heartedly scraped away and painted over with the weeping eye wrapped round by a winged snake eating its tail, the hybrid abomination of the doctor and Disease Maker.

The door closes behind you and the sounds of hooves and wheels clattering on cobblestone fade. From the back of the shop the keeper calls, “Come in, come in.” You hear shuffling as he rises and walks slowly to the counter. “Now now, one does not enter a shop such as mine and not wish to have something,” a hand extends into the light and you see too many fingers, glistening like a beetle’s shell. “Now, what can I make you into?” Leaning forward the shopkeeper grins at you, feelers waving along half his mouth, light glistening from the chitin spreading over his cheek.

This post has been edited by thethirdrider on Apr 19 2012, 07:28 PM
PMEmail PosterAOL
Codenametrigger
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 57328

Name: Fredrick Williamson Sutherton, III

Occupation: Count of Sutherton, Current Owner of Sutherton Arms, a firearms manufacturing company that provides a majority of the infantry firearms to the British army, also a Wick as for a year ago.

Appearance: Around 5'5", 150 lbs, lanky would be an understatement. Many other lords wonder if he would blow away if the wind was strong enough. But he dresses impeccably, his top hat always straight, jet black mustache always waxed, and his short hair is never out of place. He usually is found in a double breasted gentleman's jacket and matching trousers, but he finds himself too young to use a cane. His Blue eyes are always intense and focused, he always seems bristling with energy.

Personality: Despite his looks, Fredrick is a shark. He has gained an enormous amount of money and power in a short amount of time, gaining military contracts and outing old, decrepit swindlers from the system. He streamlined his fathers company in 6 months, and designed the new firearm himself to produce. He is intelligent, ruthless, and downright mean to people he does not like.

History: Sutherton arms has been a reliable brand for a long time in Nadir. They were used in the colonial wars decades ago, and they have held on ever since. Charles Sutherton, Fredrick's father, was content to ride along the train to mediocrity as their competitors, The Longsight Rifle Company, slowly gathered market share.

Fredrick was raised in a similar fashion to the way his father ran his company. Lackadaisical and without any exuberance. Nannies catered to him while his father was off enjoying the good life. Eventually, Fredrick came to resent his father. He could have so much more from life instead of being a fat oaf that spent all of their family's money.

Fredrick enjoyed a good education (But not great), tutored with good minds (but not great), so his is well educated, but he wants more out of life instead of just 'alright.' He heard of a few of these "Wicks" that could accomplish great things in their lives at the expense of years off of their lives. He quickly found a doctor that would implement the 'surgery' on him.

Within a week of the procedure, he had ousted his father in front of the whole company, engineered an assassination that could never be linked back to him, took the company over in a hostile take over, set up a new system, designed a new rifle, and stole military contracts from Longsight in under 6 months.

But he is nowhere near finished....
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
thethirdrider
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Well if that doesn't just stoke the fires of the imagination I don't know what does. Things are already taking on a tone and direction I wouldn't have thought to go, and that's what I love. Very cool, CNT, I like him. smile.gif

Now I need to figure out how to incorporate your ruthless shark. Is he a hands on, down and dirty man? He seems to be. If there was a... problem would he be the one to personally handle it?
PMEmail PosterAOL
Codenametrigger
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 10:41 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

No. His Wick was spent on intelligence. So, while he is still a normal man, his mind is the weapon. If he can't kill you, he'll ruin you, if he can't ruin you, he'll embarrass you, and if he can't do any of those things, he'll buy you off and make you an ally without you knowing it.

But he'll never be associated with any of it. He assassinated his own father through four or five different people, and none of them ever saw him, nor can he be tracked through any of them.

He wants to protect his power base.
Tormented_Soul
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 19265

Name: Edmond Mitchel Tesla

Occupation: A highly esteemed "Doctor", Dr. Tesla is well known in circles high and low. He does not make his own diseases, but has used them in his operations, and seems to have a long list of diseases that he has 'friends' that could put them in his hands. It is unknown to all but those that served with him a few years ago in the northern insurgence across Dublin'Dover, He studied the arts of being a Wick. Much of his time is taken by those wishing to jump bodies, or replace parts of their body that have withered. He seems to have not only connections to disease makers, but he also seems to tinker along with an old friend of his that works in new technological alternatives. "What can The Doctor do for you? A little cough for a stronger arm? Has your leg been taken by war, and you want it replaced? Are you old and have bought yourself a young body to enjoy? Nothing is out of his reach for the right price."

Appearance: Leaning on a lavish cane at five foot eleven, this pale man seems eccentric at a glance. His thin frame concealed under his well kept cloths. Weighing in at one hundred and fifty pounds soaking wet, it's no wonder most would think him worthless in a scrap, but his four years in military service mark him as clean and accurate as many other soldiers. He remains clean shaven, with a short mop of light brown hair that sits neatly as it pleases. In general he wears dark slacks, sharp toe lace ups, a gentlemen's vest, and an impractically thin tie. When he is doing surgery he wears an old plague mask to protect his face, and a bowler hat to keep his hair from his eyes. Speaking of his eyes, if looked into they are as deep a vortex of brown as you would ever wish to lose yourself in.

Personality: It's not that he would do anything for money, it's that he wants money for pushing his underlying hunger for change. He, by no means, brings his voice to political arenas, but does seem to plant an idea in all his patients that they would protect him to the best of their ability. He is not beyond using a few months of life to smooth an operation out or clean up a transfer from one body to another. The thing that none seem to know is that his months of life are used to ensure a long life to work his agenda. None speak of his wishes to push a change in government, as the words never pass his lips. Just many that see him find a common interest in legalizing certain activities, or raising a rebellion in one place or another. His silver tongue seems to weave words around to twist wills to his wishes and whims.

History: Born to the owner of a mid ranged operation for replacement appendages, Edmond had the best education his father could afford. It seemed the youth had caught a few attentions in his academy years, and before he moved onto finishing school for his titled profession, he was enlisted to the military. He was interested in the abilities of Wicks, and Life Magic, but his interest gave way to studies in the nights between marching and fighting. His time in the forward units for north border expansion of the empire was cut short by a gun shot to his right thigh. The wound healed mostly, but was never quite the same.

He moved on to finishing school, and let his mind mend a 'logical' step between disease, body transfer, and mechanical replacement parts for lost biological ones. His views were kept in notes that he never made public, or added to his papers to his professors. He was regarded as a bright hope for the future of medicine before he was gifted his Doctors favorite decorating piece.

After he graduated, Edmond began speaking with Pharisaical experts, and began to build a network to the disease makers. In a short year, he had built himself a support of solutions for many, and opened his first office. As his practice grew in notoriety, he stretched his fingers into the pockets of his father's old friends in search of the children who may have followed the footsteps of their parents. He found a few, but closed the gap with a man he remembered from the days he sat with his father watching him work.

His first practice grew, and Edmond was forced to expand to a new office. He may have been young, but money was coming easy, and life was not unfolding unpleasantly for him. He began to act on his notes from the days back in his final years of his learning.

He has been pulling strings without opening his mouth. Letting his lips stretch his practices, and letting his Wick abilities stretch his hypnotic operations to grow his agenda to move the streets against the government without putting himself in a connectable agenda to the disturbances. His high society clients seem to continue to return to him more and more regularly while his rebellious clients seem to disappear from him before starting their own brand of chaos.
PMAOL
Codenametrigger
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Oh, i feel like we are power players, Soul. :> Here's to a good game.
Tormented_Soul
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

wait until i am OKed with this character before you say that.

played enough lower to the ground characters lately. Feel like pulling a few strings again.

>.> however, it seems like I may be on the greedy middle ground(lowest of the high society), instead of the greedy evil corp angle.
PMAOL
thethirdrider
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 09:16 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Well damn, but you guys are going to make it a challenge for me aren't you? Soul, I love it and, again, we've taken an interesting direction here that I hadn't expected. And I like it. I'm trying to think how we'll get these two shadow players in our story interacting by anything but proxies, and how I'm going to keep up with you at a battle of wits. tongue.gif

I'm honestly looking for feedback on this. Power players are awesome, but I need to think about how we'll do this. For this game I was half expecting a more dungeon crawler, party of heroes/scoundrels sort of character group which seems to have been the classic shape of things, but this is more interesting... and so a little harder. How will we do it? I'm not totally stumped, I do have some ideas, but I would like to know your expectations while I ponder moving forward. If this is how we're doing it I'm going to need to make at least a few senators and business men and have a good understanding of connections and motivations so we have an environment to work in. If you want to politic and play behind the scenes you need characters to play with, use and manipulate. What are you picturing guys, how will your characters interact and what do you want back from me in return? I want this to be fun for all of us so I need to know what I can do to make it that way.

CNT has a bit of an idea on where the plot may be heading and, honestly, if we move that way you'll need connections and resources because things are going to get weird, messy and chaotic very quickly. At the very least things are ripe for revolution, and either profiteering from it or taking part in shaping what is to come.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Codenametrigger
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

From your description in the OP, this is a very unbalanced society. One big push, and over it goes. The real limiting factors are the Wicks on the Upper classes side.

So, at least for Fredrick, he is aiming at a high power spot. He's going for Duke/Arch Duke/Grand Duke. His ultimate goal is to take over power completely, taking The Emperor's spot on the throne. He is not up for world domination, his life span is too short to do that.

But he knows that a good revolution is a great way to overthrow an emperor.

So big spots i can see coming up:
-Revolution in the country itself
-Revolutions in the Colonies (Involves traveling and maybe an exploration of their culture around this)
-The manipulation of the lower class in the form of riots, crime, and maybe gangs
-The clash between 'heroes' of the Revolution as it originates.,

Interesting ideas to throw in:
-Counter culture clashes (anti-body swappers, etc)
-Religious inflections (A form of Catholicism or Anglican faith present in the cities)
-Economic interests (Loss of jobs to 'Germany', heavy industry developing, etc)
-Major scientific breakthroughs (Psychology, Areonautics, radio, etc)

I think revolution is a prime plot point, obviously.
Tormented_Soul
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 11:03 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

I don't remember the boards having a good uprising riot game. So this will be fun as hell.

There is the option of letting CNT and myself using NPCs to interact with the other players or the world until we get pulled into the thick of things with the other players.

On the other hand, there is always need for the lower society character to be around the doctor, or guard the weapons contractor. They may have loyalty to one of us, and not the other, or both of us, or neither. Just because we seem to have silver tongues, doesn't mean that we are trusted by everyone.

CNT and I also have a business angle to work. You could have competitors for either or both of us worked out, that are working to make our lives difficult from climbing the ladder.

As for where my character is aiming... He was not keen when he went to war, on the idea of dying for someone else to make money, or push through a power play. He sees the current government to be at fault, and is amassing wealth and power himself to usher the change. Maybe not as a new emperor or duke or lord. He has learned a thing or two in his time since his service to the country. He knows that the man in the thrown is not always (maybe not ever) the most powerful man in the country.

He plans on pushing the rebellion from the bottom, while pulling it from the top as well. Put the right men in place to push it through from below, and the right senators to wave their hands at issues, and his dreams come to fruition.

He thinks he can push his bounds outside of the country, and beyond the limits of a kingdom. An uncrowned King among the developing upper crust of the world. He may or may not believe he can live forever should he time things right and make the right moves.

>.> I sort of came up with this character by tossing Greg House, Watson (from the nesest sherlock holmes movies), and the doctor in a cement mixer, and seeing what came out.
PMAOL
thethirdrider
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Well I'm excited. smile.gif And not quite so nervous now that I have a better understanding of your characters and plans. Just to warn you guys I have finals over the next two weeks. I'd like to keep discussing ideas until I have enough time to really focus and work on the start of the story thread.
PMEmail PosterAOL
thethirdrider
Posted: May 1 2012, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

I have two lab practicals tomorrow and a test, two tests and a 12 page paper I need to start and then finish by Sunday and three finals next week, so I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment. However, I've been doing work a little at a time on a story post to start things off so don't think I'm vanishing.

I'm going to go with the whole flash shtick to start things off and set them moving in a certain direction for now, I'm thinking an event about a month forward in time from the start of the game. It won't be the resolution of a conflict but the catalyst for a much bigger one. You can help us get to that point, and then more interestingly decide how things go from there. smile.gif I won't spoil things even though I'm excited. I think it will be a fun idea to play with and the outcome will be all up to you.

I'll let you guys introduce your characters and set some tone before I do anything with you. I want you to set exactly the tone you want. If you want to work on something between now and when I've gone insane by all means do.
PMEmail PosterAOL
thethirdrider
Posted: May 8 2012, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

3X COMBO!!!!

Someone should break up my constant posting. I feel vaguely uneasy at my lack of forum etiquette. sad.gif Someone else say something! Please!

I wanted to inform you guys that this afternoon is my last big final then I have a month or so off, I have been working on the start of the story post and I hope to have it up tomorrow afternoon. Very likely I will since it's mostly done. Also it's huge. If you want some story events to work with before then there's going to be a terrorist 'suicide bombing' where someone sets off a disease in themselves in a market and dies, calling for an end to the Senate. Not many will will be hurt and nothing will come of the event itself (no plague will start spreading) but the panic at this new threat may be something your characters would like to take advantage of.

In addition I've decided on a power player NPC both of you folks can play off of. To give you a bit of an idea I'm going to create a Tribune named Seneca. He's wildly ambitious, coming from a small farm collective he's not incredibly wealthy, but was elected on his platform of populist appeal. He served in the military in two campaigns against the Highland Tribes (I like the idea of Hadrian's or Antionine's wall standing and having a GoT sort of feel) and attained a low level of command. He's principled, but not selfish or out for his own gain which may make him more dangerous. He's a man of ideas and he has a Purpose™. Also he's very utilitarian. I think he'll offer a fun foil to the goals and ideas of your characters. He may be an ally or enemy, or both. I don't know, we'll see how he evolves. I'll introduce him and some senators as well as a few other elements to play with and some Bizarro London elements and we'll see where this takes us. smile.gif I'm going to play super loose with geography and names and whatever, it's not real London so whatever, in my mind it's really unimportant at this point. If we need to establish where things are for story elements to work we can when we get to that point.

A message from our sponsors: This post was proudly brought to you by the makers of Adderall. Meth, you get shit done.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Tormented_Soul
Posted: May 8 2012, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Amen, one of our new games is lifting off. We may have a small player base for this one, but I don't plan on letting that make it any less fun.
PMAOL
thethirdrider
Posted: May 8 2012, 10:47 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

We shall soar the skies! smile.gif I have high hopes for this one because we have every issue that CNT mentioned and more. Your characters and Seneca could form a triumvirate, become mortal enemies, betray each other, rebuild the world or help it fall into chaos. I have no idea, and that's exciting. I think we'll have fun with this.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Codenametrigger
Posted: May 8 2012, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

This is going to be awesome.

That is all.
thethirdrider
Posted: May 9 2012, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

I hope so! smile.gif Hey look at that, a story post! Don’t expect them all to be quite that long. I just wanted to setup the universe some and Seneca. Trust me when I say the wording and the events in this post have been very well thought out on what I have planned. Subtlety, somewhat. smile.gif Here are some photos for atmosphere if you’d like.

To expand on my post the Office of Disease now has a number of new things. The ability to recruit from the military and from civilians, a real budget and, most importantly, legal carte blanche in matters of public health. Decisions now made outrank military personnel unless overruled by a senator. The ability to search properties, detain individuals until their health is verified and to confiscated property if deemed necessary as well as to impose quarantine. The officers in the field are going to wear black leather versions of these.

Guess what swarms around death and for the superstitious sometimes predicts it? Ravens. I thought that would look pretty bad ass. smile.gif

This is something I'd like your thoughts on. I was thinking about the culture in this world. I feel like this would need to be a society that found poisoning very dishonorable or everyone would be poisoning/infecting all their enemies and everyone would be dead. “There’s no honor in killing someone unless you face them” that sort of thing. I think this ‘suicide bombing’ needs to be something new that goes totally against the grain, which would make the use of it even more unsettling. What are your thoughts on this?

I would also really like feedback on what I post. I want to know what you think about where things are going and how I'm posting. I'm certainly doing this because I enjoy it, but also because I want you to. This is for the players, in my mind, I know it's just the few of us but I'd like you to enjoy this story and so I want to know what I can do to make that possible, as best as I can.

Edit: Depending how you develop things I'm going to throw in some stuff to make this world more bizzaro. Jesus as some weird eastern Buddha-like figure maybe, ancestor worship. Weird customs and other things. We'll see what I come up with. I'm not married to anything specific about this time, so if you want to make dress or social customs wildly diverge from the time by all means do so.

This post has been edited by thethirdrider on May 9 2012, 02:13 PM
PMEmail PosterAOL
Tormented_Soul
Posted: May 9 2012, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

XD so My character is somewhat mimicking this department when he is doing his hands on work then. Interesting.

Let me see now. I only spotted two parts in that entire intro post that you said one word instead of the one that you meant, but my mind filled it in correctly so I have no worries about it.

I like the idea that there has never been a man made plague, but this incident brings the possibility to light. Also that we are bringing forth the possibility of new gene formed thanks to these diseases. I'm not going to tinker with that without PMing you first, but it's nice to know that it is within the bounds of possibility.

I like the idea of honored ancestors, and honoring the dead for this setting. It could prove decidedly bothersome to our characters, and that is part of the fun.

Time for me to break out my thinking hat, and typing fingers. See you on the other side of my first post.
PMAOL
thethirdrider
Posted: May 9 2012, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

You will find I have a problem with homophones. I know the difference and I think my grammar is pretty decent but I guess my thinking is more audible inclined. Sorry about that, I try to proof read. Sometimes a sentence will make sense in my head but read outloud is nonsense, so let me know if I worded something in a confusing way.

I'm fine with you taking pretty big liberties but I appreciate you PMing me if you think it will be world breaking. I don't think anyone will kill the whole senate and name themselves Godking in one post. tongue.gif Also if you want to plot against CNT by all means plot with me. wink.gif Let me know what you may have in mind and we can figure it out.

I like the idea of strong societal rules that will hamper outright moves from the characters. Constraints make things more fun in my opinion. Also not being able to betray or kill someone you're related to or an in-law could be fun. A strong value on family may fit.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Tormented_Soul
Posted: May 9 2012, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

You could have done the same thing I did, and when you were proof reading your brian just filled in the right word instead.

As for counter balancing against other players, I thing this has turned into the sort of game where we all understand there is no winning, but an infinite ways of losing. "PVP" should be expected in this setting, but not maliciously enough to make any of us want to quit. This is a shadow game now where politics is the battle ground, and the streets are our maps of the war field.

You know me, TTR. I try to help, but enjoy a bit of hard play in my games. The more you struggle the more you enjoy the fruits of your labors.
PMAOL
thethirdrider
Posted: May 9 2012, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

When I play board games losing spectacularly can be just as fun as winning sometimes.

I think you could 'win', I don't think the story can't end any other way than with Caesar being stabbed by Brutus, but you're right that there seems to be a high chance of it. We'll have to see where things go!
PMEmail PosterAOL
Codenametrigger
Posted: May 10 2012, 04:58 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Yes, but if ceasar hadn't been stabbed ,the story would have not been nearly as spectacular in it's complexity.

The starting moves have been made, now it's time for me to respond... ::cracks knucles:: Lets see here....
thethirdrider
Posted: May 10 2012, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Still, I think I'll try to hold off my sadistic glee and keep from killing 50/100% of my players' characters early on. tongue.gif

Tormented_Soul, I'm curious if you could expound on your character's power structure in your next post some. I'd like to know where it would hurt to have things poked at. Now I have a few different avenues I could engage both of you, perhaps at the same time. I'm curious how you want to do that. Do you want me to take a passive, more reactionary role and respond to posts that need NPC feedback and let you move the story or do you want me to actively throw story elements at you and have you respond to the story? Or do you prefer if we meet somewhere in the middle? I'm just not sure exactly what you want of me and since things are already looking very PvP, as has been stated, I don't want you guys to come back and find that I've burned down your home and arrested and ruin fun schemes you had planned out. Yes, some schemes will get ruined but I would prefer it not be because I charged ahead without considering your ideas.

Feedback, my friends, let me know if you want to expand on your own a little more or have me start taking a hand in things. Either way I'm going to work on some side stories to do some world building.

Some possible avenues of engagement for either of you:
TS:An NPC could approach you to help investigate the possible origin of the 'suicide bomb' or on the flip side to help make one.
I have a side plot idea that could get quite large that I could use you for a catalyst. It may overshadow or accompany the future chaos. It could get very, very large and out of hand. We'll see.
The OoD may start arresting disease makers and cracking down. And/or contagions could start cropping up in the form of more aggressive plagues or disease makers trying their hands at more radical tonics.

CNT: Weapons, armor etc for the new OoD.
The same, but to go against them.
Scottish insurgents may start making trouble within/around the city.
A military situation arise like Gaul or Germania getting ideas at showing off their new, fancy military. The Scotts take enough time off from fighting each other to move south of the wall and start fighting other people.

Both: The senators may start regretting their haste and start trying to make a play against Seneca's new found power. First Seneca may start using his abilities as a pretext to influence the senate.
Corporations may start colluding against each other either outside the government or using them as a tool.
Terrorist/freedom fighters/radicals.
The emergence of the first 'post-humans'.
New crazy religions from the east where people worship a carpenter, of all the crazy notions.
Famine.
Drought.
The invention of Crocs.
Freaky Friday/Faceoff, where your characters accidentally swap bodies and hilarious hi-jinks and bad one liners ensue.

These are some ideas that I was thinking of tossing at you. Feel free to toss some back at me.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Tormented_Soul
Posted: May 10 2012, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

I didn't show exactly how the Wick ability was being used, but i did show that he seems to used it in each practice, and the kid didn't pick up on it.
This isn't to say that others wouldn't pick up on it, but at least an attentive child didn't know what to look for.

I also didn't paint out that he was wearing masks, but they were meant to be a given with him. Even with the house call, He would have been wearing his mask once he crossed the threshold of the house. The mask isn't hard to speak through, (i would know, i have talked in a few of them in real life) but his voice would be a little muffled.

I like the idea that to start us off you give us a few things to put in the news that we could pick up on, while showing what our everyday might be. Now I have shown a bit of his leisurely days, and sewed in him reacting to the article about the senate's decision. After we have a bit of flow going between the world and these characters, then maybe we could figure things out as to what is the right mix for the game.

---
I will happily expand on the power structure in my next post, or at the very least in PM with you.

Fleshing out the world would help not only you work the story as you see fit, but give us new avenues to take into consideration with each post. So I am all for it.
---
I like the idea of doctors, corporations, and government officials dealing with infighting over matters that have been made public.

Terrorist/freedom fighters/radicals? always a good thing for me to run off of. Heal the wounded, Treat the sick, and wash a few minds a long the way.

new found religion popping up can always through a new political angle into the mix.

Drought and Famine are wide spread terrors, and would effect everyone high and low. I wouldn't take it off the table, but I would say that these things don't fix themselves in short order.

Incoming war talk on the private channels could be interesting for both of our characters.

Not sure what you mean by the invention of Crocs.

Actually the only thing I am really against in the line up is the swap roles thing. The shadow game seems to be a much less hands on sinister feel, and the role swap would be far too hands on for the way it seems we built our characters.
PMAOL
thethirdrider
Posted: May 10 2012, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Crocs. Some people hate them, I personally can't summon up the energy to hate much, but I groan inwardly when I see an overweight woman in stained, too small sweatpants stumbling into the gas station to buy beer and cigarettes at 8am.

The last two were jokes. tongue.gif

EDIT: I like your idea of approaching this TS, that's kind of what I was hoping for. I'll work up on some of the dealings of the OoD and some of the senators, maybe some private or public deviant activity, some street crimes, something news worthy and interesting. I'll try to have that up in the next couple days for you. I'm not sure quite where the gears are in all this yet, not to mention how exactly they all mesh. I think I need to make more gears. tongue.gif

Future post for me should address: The flesh markets, some more on disease makers, a Wick or two (that aren't PCs) and some regular street events and maybe economics.

This post has been edited by thethirdrider on May 10 2012, 01:34 PM
PMEmail PosterAOL
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic