l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (2) All [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Devil Don't Care [disc/rec], renewal vs. revival
Tormented_Soul
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 19265

You have been born in an age after man's history was reduced to scriblings, and stories handed down from the last generation to the next. Once, long ago, mankind used the word demon in superstition. Now it is a very real word that carries meaning past the metaphysical.

Earth is a name long forgotten by most, but I remember. Man used to rule this world with great numbers, and tools of great complexity. However it was over two centuries ago that we were over taken. Yes. Those Demons that you are told of by your parents came pouring out of portals, and took humanity by surprise. We fell from the grace under the attack. Men lost their lives fighting the Demons much like they do today. As our spirit broke we found that the survivors were to live as slaves to the new master race of the this world. DEMONS.

Yes my child, we still fight them to this day. The clans are wide spread, and while some are named after the Demon Lords that have enslaved them, the free clans have founded themselves in the barrens. Be you from either, it is fate that has brought you here to listen to the rantings of an old sage like me. Humanity was left prophecies from ages long before the Demons invaded. You may be one of the chosen to lead the charge to bring humanity out of these dark times of Demonic reign.

Simply put, you will save the world with others from some of the other clans. You will face Demons, Undead, and even the broken spirited slaves of Demons.
Are you a Warrior? Perhaps a Reaper? Maybe a Shaman? A Hunter? Mage? Whatever your skills, I am sure you will be of great importance to the effort to free the world once more.
---

The year is 2228. The world has been under Demon rule for over 200 years. The magic that had once harbored in this planet left, while humanity depleted the Earth of every resource and wonder it could. In the year 2012, Magic started to return to the world. While the magic was still weak, Demons used the chance to open their infernal gates into this world. With the surprise that demons were real, humanity had very little time to react, and were enslaved in under a decade. The planet has gone to hell. The oceans seem barren save to the most skilled fishermen, and the planes have become nothing more than hunting grounds for man kind to capture what animals they can for food, while evading the demons that roam in search of them.

Most weaponry from the days when man’s technology was still strong have been lost, or stolen for trophies by the demon lords. The few bits of technology that man kind has scraped together has been kept secret and worshiped like relics of a time of peace. Those clans that have such weapons tend to lay them in the hands of their patron, or in the care of keepers.

Since the invasion, magic has gathered its full strength here on Earth once again. Humanity has discovered precious tomes, and found other artifacts from the middle ages that still harbored the knowledge of magic to be taught to them once again. Life has become difficult for most of the world. The last hope of humanity lies in some ancient prophecies that have been long forgotten.

Some of the peoples of the world have escaped their demon lord masters, and forged a new life in the barrens. The barrens are the lands between the kingdoms of all the Demon Lords. In these barren zones, the only things left are ruined cities, grave yards, old battle grounds, and natural structures. Clans have formed in spite of the gathered storm of demons, and have learned some of the prophecies from the first to learn from the very tomes that taught humanity magic once more. The call has gone up between all the clans for a band of the bravest people in their villages to come to the contest grounds so that a group of heroes could be forged. These Contest grounds have long been abandoned for the knowledge that demons frequently hunt in them.

A band of heroes shall set forth on a journey free the world of chaos and hellfire. They shall be selected in a contest by the very people they aim to protect. Their ancestors may bare them assistance along the way, but they shall accept great help from the living in fear of treachery. Even those of humanity that have kissed the feet of demon lords for so long, may stay on that short leash for the sake of disbelief. Time will bring the worthy forward, and the demons they kill will temper them to the strengths they will need to destroy the Demon rule that has befallen this world.
So says the prophecy... well ...at least the bit they know.
---
There will only be five playable classes in this game. They are as Follows:

Warrior:
These people have trained their bodies to make up for their lack of magical abilities. They found peace in hard work, and a great place between the demons and those they wish to defend. (They gain the most weapons, and continuous skills. However they also have the least versatile skill set.)

Hunter:
These people have trained their minds and bodies in light that they had no magical abilities. They concentrate on sneaking up, and a single fatal strike. More ranged combatants are counted among their ranks. (They have access to the second most weapons, and the second most continuous skills. However they also are weaker in body than the Warriors.)

Mage:
A magic user that concentrates on power. They have learned spells through old tomes, and have nurtured natural talent. Though they can be found blasting large holes in the armies of demons, they are very frail. (They have access to the largest pool of spells, and have the most versatility and devastating direct damage abilities. However, they have no weapons aside from their walking stick, are fairly frail, and have no continuous skills.)

Reaper:
Bringing back the dead to do their biding, they have a bad rap for dealing with the dead. On their own, a reaper can amass an army of death given the time, but find it difficult to defend themselves, and launch more of an assault than armed undead. (They have access to the second highest amount of spells, are the only ones that can summon assistants, and can actually use a weapon aside from a walking stick, and are the only way of returning a character to play after death. However without their hoard they are no fighter, have no continuous skills, are still not very hearty, and may have a social stigma for working so closely with the dead[or maybe not].)

Shaman:
The Shepard’s of souls. They bind with a spirit of old and share their strengths, and wisdoms of that past life. It is said that the more spirits that they hold under their sway, the stronger a shaman becomes. (They are the only ones that have access to healing abilities, the only ones able to see spirits and ghosts, have access to a few weapons, and versatile skills. However their abilities rely heavily on the spirits they take in, they have no continuous skills, they lack the range of a spell caster, and though they can be on the front lines with a Warrior, they will never be able to withstand the battle like a Warrior can.)
---
Any and all questions are welcome. This game has a long plot figured for it, but is still completely open to influence by the PCs. as SS used to say, GAME ON!
PMAOL
Codenametrigger
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 57328

I can definitely get into this. It sounds very Hellgate:London meets Battlefield earth. I assume you want questions for it?

1) Where is this taking place on earth? To be surrounded by demons it would be either north America or Russia area...

2) Stone age technology, iron age, etc? Nomad tribes, maybe a fortress or two?

3) How powerful are these demons? I'll tear the earth itself apart to get to you, or i'll just knock you across the street with a punch?

4) Types of demons, maybe classifications?

5) Are we making up skillsets, or are they given? Are they going to be customized per player, or is there a set tree per class?

6) The reaver seems like he'd be slowly building an army as he goes. How long does his army last before succumbing to rot/decay?

7) Are there going to be specialization for the mage? Maybe type of spell, or classes in themselves?

8) Is there going to be cross training later?

9) Are the demons themselves a society? Are there objectors to the treatment of humans?

10) Since we are introducing a hell based race, is heaven calling anything down to claim back "neutral ground" from a religious standpoint?

11) Is religion even a factor? Would someone's faith have an impact on the demons?

12) The tribes would be varied? Any common ground between them besides freedom or lack thereof?

13) Would there still be scientists in the world, working toward technology?

14) Legend travels fast, so do these people know of any famous NPC's? Maybe an old warrior that killed a demon himself, or a mage that destroyed a city and herself to protect her tribe?

15)Would the magic open any other realms in possibly, maybe into the fae or other planes?

Thats all i got for now. :>
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 08:51 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Member No.: 40427

Interesting~

I would, however, like more info on weapons, skills, spells, etc.
PMEmail Poster
Grimblaze
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

Member No.: 65047

1: How much does an undead retain from their previous life? You say armed undead but would bringing a mage back allow for liches and such?

2: Would a reaper be able to attain a lich status himself given enough time?

3: Can a Reaper bring back dead demons as well or does he need to find suitable human corpses?

ninjanatsD.gif I may have an intense interest in a single class...
PMEmail PosterMSN
Tormented_Soul
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Glad to see there is interest for this. I'd like to get at least one for each of the classes, but could happily run with more than one of any of the classes.

1) Where is this taking place on earth? To be surrounded by demons it would be either north America or Russia area...

The band of heroes will be starting in a particular area of North America. That isn't to say they will stay there.

2) Stone age technology, iron age, etc? Nomad tribes, maybe a fortress or two?

There are three general life styles of free-clans. Nomadic life is appealing for the fact that demon hunting parties would have a harder time finding a mobile clan. Small hidden hamlets would be scarce, but not unheard of, since they would be hard to defend past being hidden well. The barrens have many old castles, and fallen military bases, that have not been completely swallowed by demonic rule. These places that have been resettled by humanity are generally under attacks and raids, but hold up rather well between these events very well.
The enslaved clans, or clans under demonic rule have a more settled life style. They do not move around much, and though they act as the physical labor force for their masters, they do enjoy the ability to see technology from previous peeks in human history.
Generally most clans have come along to reinvent or rediscover technology. Some are stuck in the stone age, while a good portion are in the iron and medieval ages. other historic periods from other cultures are no exception. Where armor is not a normal sight, weapons from around the world are a common sight, though not everyone can wield them with ease.

3) How powerful are these demons? I'll tear the earth itself apart to get to you, or i'll just knock you across the street with a punch?

I like this question, and hate it all at the same time. I have a long list of demons already thought up, and they are no where near the same levels of strength, speed, intelligence, perceptive nature, etc... of one another. The most common demon that would be seen is about the size of a child and looks mildly disturbing to those unused to the sight of a demon, and they can cut a farmer to ribbons, but would have trouble with any of the PCs one on one. I will keep you updated on the demons as they are sewn into the story.
They range from 'squish it under your foot' weak, to I stood under your bomb as it wiped out life around me, and came out with hardly a scratch' strong.

4) Types of demons, maybe classifications?

As I stated just above this one, there is a long list of demons that I have already cooked up, and will keep you informed.
I have ones that fly, ones that burn, ones that can use magic, ones that are fast, ones that are slow, big ones, small ones, red ones, blue ones. do you see where I am going with this? ^u^

5) Are we making up skillsets, or are they given? Are they going to be customized per player, or is there a set tree per class?

The skill sets for the classes is a good question. I have each class boxed up and ready for shipping. At the beginning and as the story progresses, the players will have options from the class they picked up. Each class has a number of options built into them, and for the skills that are not built to be continuous, the more times you select a skill the more often you are allowed to use it per day.
You may choose to select all the skills in time to round out the class, or select a hand full of skills that you are going to just be able to do all the time from how many times you select them.
For the mean time, I will not be allowing to cross class. However this may change further down the line if it seems to be dragging the game down.
I will be putting up the class lists in a few days, and from that you can assume the classes are cemented. However the description of skills on each list will be left for after people choose a class they would like to play, and will be PMed to the player for selection. *being a little methodical*

6) The reaver seems like he'd be slowly building an army as he goes. How long does his army last before succumbing to rot/decay?

I like this question. This is very true. A Reaper is built to build an army and try to keep it. However just buying the ability to raise the dead does not make them stay undead forever. Each undead that a Reaper can learn to create or summon has a set time limit built into them, but there are a few abilities that a Reaper has to extend this time limit. A large force will not be able to be sustained permanently, but can be summoned or created. However having that endless sea of undead at a demon lord's gate is a nicer effect than the handful of zombies that you keep with you at all times.

7) Are there going to be specialization for the mage? Maybe type of spell, or classes in themselves?

Mages are have utility to them, but have the largest number of damage inducing abilities. Some Mages might have chosen to stick to a handful of spells, and destroy demons at their village gate with ease. Others might have chosen a rounder path, and wanted to be able to use their abilities in more situations than just combat with demons. I currently have no intention for higher calling trees for any of the classes, including Mage. That said, with the twenty spells they can choose from at character creation and later on, it would be hard to find two Mages that will be the same.

8) Is there going to be cross training later?

I mentioned this above. Right now I am against the idea of cross training classes, but if I see that this decision is dragging the game down, or I get enough PMs about needing to change that rule, I will rethink my position on it.

9) Are the demons themselves a society? Are there objectors to the treatment of humans?

Demons have a social ladder based on strength. Lords at the top, their guards below them, elite below them, the rabble below them, and human slaves below them.
There are some demons that keep human pets, or personal slaves for every use under the burning sun. However, most demons do not keep human pets. It isn't understood whether this is a mark of pride, favoritism from the reigning demon lord, or personal choice... but it is what it is.

10) Since we are introducing a hell based race, is heaven calling anything down to claim back "neutral ground" from a religious standpoint?

There are only rumors of heaven opening up wrath on the demons, but most seem to think these stories are simply tales of men and women that were strong and stood against the raging tide of demons. You may find this out in time in the game if you look for an answer.

11) Is religion even a factor? Would someone's faith have an impact on the demons?

Religion has it's place. Some of the old faiths are still alive and well in humanities time of need. After all, many people turn to faith when all else is taken away. There is even a faith based on the known prophesies. However there has been now sign of that the stronger the faith in a person the more effect they have on demons. Some say that one would need faith in the first place to take up arms against the new masters of the world.

12) The tribes would be varied? Any common ground between them besides freedom or lack thereof?

The ones that are closer to one another seem to have trade between each other. With the human populace thinned so much, most clans could not be picky with those they let in at the beginning of their clan histories. Many are such a mixing pot that they have no single language about them. All clans seem to have adapted to understand the guttural tongues of the demons and have, over the ages, learned to speak the foul language in the dark. It seems to be the only truly common language between all clans. most try to use other dialects when possible, because it seems that most demons only understand their own language, or refuse to learn the ones that they rule over.
If you like I can go into more detail with this question, but I think you need to be a little more specific for any more information.

13) Would there still be scientists in the world, working toward technology?

There are some that are considered crack pots. It seems all the scientists working on improving technology again rely on old books that can be scavenge, or reverse discovery from items taken from other clans, or slain demons. There are a few scientists under the thumbs of the Demon Lords, for keeping their prizes in nice working, or at least visually pleasing, condition.

14) Legend travels fast, so do these people know of any famous NPC's? Maybe an old warrior that killed a demon himself, or a mage that destroyed a city and herself to protect her tribe?

Legends travel, and hope holds them in your hearts. Some legends fade just like any other memory. Children are told stories of some legends of past generations that tried to rise against the demons. Many of the heroes from these stories are localized, but there are a few from long ago that most clans know of.

Harold the first Arch Mage. A man woven in legend to have learned his art of magic directly from the unearthed tombs. He was one of the first to feel the touch of magic upon this world. He stood in the days when men could fly, and speak to each other form a month's travel away from each other. He held fire in his hands like they would go cold without the flames. The most famed tale of his life was his last. He had snuck into a well defended fortress, and left a wake of dead demons in his wake. Men and women lay among the dead, all in uniform and weapons clutched in their rigid hands. He sought one of the origins, portals. He found it. As he reached the chamber blue light washed over the scene, and he found himself in a situation none could survive. He was killed by the first Demon Lord to emerge, Lord Dragon. Cut and crushed and squeezed and burned and dropped and torn to shreds. He fell, but not without fighting. Not without taking so many demons to the gates of death that a Lord had to personally deal with him. He died a hero, even if he did fail to turn the tide in the old days.

Thompson the Weapon Master! It is said that he had a collection of weapons that made easy work of the demons we struggle with today, and knew how to use each and every one of them. He held a stick that threw fire. Rocks that exploded. A box that burned the demons from inside out. A log that sent demons running, or blew them to bits. So many weapons, and so many demons dead at his hands. His story ended not fighting a demon, but playing with his weapons. The doors were forever sealed to his hidden vault. They were sealed from the inside though, and some say his bones still guard the vault from demons, so that humanity may one day have the tools to wage war against the demons once more. His helm was simple, and only held his name, and the letters Cpl.

There are others, but these are just hte first two examples that came to mind.

15)Would the magic open any other realms in possibly, maybe into the fae or other planes?

This is possible, but seems to be undiscovered. It seems the only tales that even tell of the portals that survive to this day, paint a grim sea of demons pouring out. Few humans know whether the portals are still in existence, or not, and even fewer know where they lead.

1: How much does an undead retain from their previous life? You say armed undead but would bringing a mage back allow for liches and such?

The easiest of the undead to create and keep have little if any of their mind of the past life left. However there are certain undead that are based on reviving certain kinds of people for their knowledge and skill sets in life.

2: Would a reaper be able to attain a lich status himself given enough time?

The Lich based undead is actually a Mage that was killed and is returned as undead. At the moment there is no actual undead that is stated up that was once a Reaper. However, that is not to say that there will never be one. It will just not be one of the main abilities of a Reaper, considering that could be very game breaking (infinite army of undead anyone?).

3: Can a Reaper bring back dead demons as well or does he need to find suitable human corpses?

A dead demon is just another body. They can be brought back as undead that are similar to what they were in life. If the demon has skills similar to one of the other human classes, then the correct spell could be used to turn them into the special undead such and lich or vampire or the like. The larger the corpse of a demon the more uses of your spells you may have to use.
For instance, a demon that died under the last wave of undead you made. He was two stories tall, and built like a brick shit house. he will need more uses than the little demon you hit in the face with your sword, and killed.

---

Keep the questions coming. I can reveal more, and finish fleshing out othe rlittle bits the more you ask.
PMAOL
Grimblaze
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

As a Reaper with multiple ranks in reviving the dead, would you need to cast them all individually or does one cast effect all noted corpses in the area? Essentially is it individual or mass ressurection?

wub.gif But I totally want to make the meat puppets dance~
PMEmail PosterMSN
Tormented_Soul
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 12:40 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

You can say in some way, that you start a mantra of your incantations for the spells. That way the spells go off one after the next.
However, in most cases the spells animate or summon one undead minion. There are a few spells that create or summon a group of undead at a time.

Making a reliable force, and making a large force can be the same thing. You just need time to do it. In a pinch, you can generally only have one. That's what preparing ahead of time is for.
PMAOL
Codenametrigger
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

I am very interested. I am thinking an older mage (Think the wise old 40 year old) that spends his time looking for books in one of those hidden places. Maybe by himself. I'm fleshing it out, but i love the idea.
Grimblaze
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

I'm somewhat tempted to have a female reaper named Wanda Firebaugh. Thats mainly a temptation I am trying to avoid though. ninjanatsD.gif
PMEmail PosterMSN
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

1) Please tell me more about shamans, their spirits, the kinds of spirits available, and their (the shamans & spirits) limitations.

2) Is there such thing as a human/demon hybrid?

PMEmail Poster
Tormented_Soul
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

1) Please tell me more about shamans, their spirits, the kinds of spirits available, and their (the shamans & spirits) limitations.

Shaman is the only class able to see and hear (therefore talk to) spirits. All of their abilities, including healing comes from channeling a spirit that they have communed with. At the beginning I will limit the use of spirits to one at a time, but as the story progresses, a shaman may learn to channel more spirits at once.

Each spirit can only connect to the shaman a certain number of times a day, and for only so long. Some spirits can possess the shaman more than once in a row, but others need time to rest between channelings. Some spirits are from humans, others are from animals, and maybe some could be from demons. The spirits themselves may hold insight into the workings of their past lives, and impart skills on the shaman while they are bonding. The spirit may lack enough memory of itself that it simply becomes a mist of ghostly essence, and only be able to strengthen the shaman. The spirit may not be able to be channeled, but scout for the shaman instead.

A spirits are not of the material plane, and can pass through solid objects that are not spiritually charged (like a shaman them self). However, they can only see in the same ways they did in life, not through walls, or the ground.

In order for a shaman to maintain his spiritual abilities, he must keep the spirits with him to bond with them and channel their abilities. Every shaman keeps a fetish, where they house the spirits who wish to rest or hide from the world. To any other person, but a shaman the fetish seems as unremarkable as any other object like it. However to a shaman, a fetish gives off a faint white glow, and the scent of fresh rain. Each fetish has no limit to the number of spirits that can reside in it, but a shaman may keep more than one.

When a spirit of considerable power is channeled, and the shaman pushes past his normal limits of his body, the act seems to work as effortlessly as the spirit had done in life. However once the channeling is over, the tax takes it's toll on the shaman. Exhaustion, pain, hunger, dizziness. Any problem that would make sense, happens after the channeling ends, instead of while the ability is being used.

If mistreated, a spirit may leave. They tend to stay close to the shaman for an inexplicable draw to them. The grow attached, but if they see fit they may leave all the same. A shaman is only as effective as his spirits help him to be.

2) Is there such thing as a human/demon hybrid?

The short answer is yes. Half breeds have occurred in the past, and have no reason not to occur now. (in a previous incarnation of DDC I had a player running a half demon mainly for the visual play he could work up with it.)
PMAOL
Tormented_Soul
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

I would, however, like more info on weapons, skills, spells, etc.

My apologies. I didn't realize I skipped over this question.

Weapons may be as basic or complex as you think you can get away with. They all bare getting passed by me, so that nothing is game breaking to start. Even guns can be found later in the story, and trained with. Some weapons have even been enchanted somehow, but they must be woven into the story correctly as well.

You want a katana? sure.
You want a limited edition titanium bat with speed ridges? not a problem.
You want a kukri blade? without hesitation.
You want a pike? won't stop you.
You want a soul rending net that destroys demons on contact? that is a flat no.
You want an M16? not in the starting gear.
You want a grenade? not a working one.

I am willing to talk things out about weapons. I just ask you to be reasonable.

In the coming weeks I will be posting Character Sheets. I would really like to run this with no less than 5 characters. I can(and probably will be) run a character as well, but that still leaves four slots open.

This post has been edited by Tormented_Soul on Apr 28 2012, 12:19 PM
PMAOL
Tormented_Soul
Posted: May 5 2012, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

I have three interested parties, with classes they are interested in. So I will post the Character Sheet now, and hope to pull someone for either hunter or warrior before I promise a start date.

Character Sheet:

Name: (first and last)
Class: (from above selection)
Appearance: (Clothing, clan tattoos, scars)
History:
Weapons: Anarchic weaponry only please. Mages receive no weapons at character creation, but may have a walking staff. Reapers may have one weapon. Shamen may have two weapons. Hunters may have three weapons. Warriors may have four weapons.
Spells/Spirits/Styles: Mages may have five spells. Reapers May have four spells. Hunters may have three styles. Shamen may have two spirits. Warriors may have one style.
(most of these have only a limited number of times a day they can be used. Taking the same one multiple times means that your mastery over that ability is stronger, and you have more uses of it.)
Equipment: (anything that really doesn't fit in the weapons slot, but you want on your character as they travel)
any other questions, just ask here and I will get back to you...
History:

Clan:
Clan History:
PMAOL
Codenametrigger
Posted: May 5 2012, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Name: Markus the Wise
Class: Mage
Appearance: Markus is an older man, wrinkles beginning to develop, his hair starting to thin out. But his blue eyes twinkle with a burning intellect and wit, his stance still filled with strength and passion. He wears mostly jeans and sweaters of his old clan, grey with blue bands around the waist and arms.

History: Markus was once a wise man of his clan. They were nomadic by nature, always moving from one ruin to the next. He was okay with his existence, but yearned to learn something of the ancestors, to learn knowledge that had been lost over years of enslavement. But when one day, his clan took up residence in a ruin called "Lib-ary," he knew that he had found his home. Here, amongst these bricks of paper and ink, were the secrets that he wanted. He searched for days, teaching himself the language of the ancestors. He read the texts for days, never leaving the chair that he first found. When his clan started to pack up to leave, he protests, saying that they should guard this knowledge, to help others learn, because knowledge was power, according to one of the texts. They called him a fool, rooting himself where the demons could find him. There was almost a fight, but Marcus still refused to leave. So they left instead. That was years ago now.

Weapons: Markus has fashioned a staff from a long pole and a flat piece of steel, that he stuck a "Bybal" onto, opened and strapped onto it.

Spells/Spirits/Styles:

1)Read the Eyes: 1/day
-The Mage looks into the eyes of his target, and understands their intentions, and surface thoughts, as well as if they are telling the truth or not. This spell lasts for up to an hour.
2)Freezing Sigh: 4/day
-The Mage rolls his eyes at his target, and sighs heavily. His breath carries and freezes with arcane power. The Mage’s target becomes encased in a thick layer of ice.
3)Invisibility: 1/day
-The Mage renders himself undetectable by the naked eye for up to ten minutes. He still leaves signs of his location, but is otherwise undetectable by conventional sight.
4)Void: 2/day
-The Mage pulls all the air out of a pocket in space ten feet in diameter. This sphere of no atmosphere must be summoned within sight of the Mage, and is rendered immobile once it is formed. This spell only lasts for a half hour.
5)Fire Ball: 5/day
-The Mage forms a ball of flame in his hand, and may throw it. The fire will spread in the correct conditions, but normally will simply burn the target on impact.

Equipment: Walking staff, clothing, water bottle, small rucksack for supplies (Rope, rations, etc), a "Sur-vy-val Gwide" that he is still translating.

Clan: None.

This post has been edited by Codenametrigger on May 5 2012, 07:46 PM
Tormented_Soul
Posted: May 5 2012, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

please PM the character sheet to me so that I can run over it before it is posted for everyone to see.

also I must speak with each of you so that you know what skills, abilities,spells, or spirits you have to choose from.

Sorry for not putting that in my previous post.
PMAOL
Grimblaze
Posted: May 6 2012, 10:34 PM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

Name: Grigori (formerly Dimitri Petrovich)

Class: Reaper

Appearance: Wears a black hooded cloak with the hood up at all times to hide the scarring of his face. Underneath the cloak he wears light linen clothes and old leather boots. Has scarring from whips, restraints, and burns across the majority of his body.

History: Born into a large clan within the mountains, when he was about 8 the clan was betrayed by a stranger. The demons killed or enslaved the vast majority of his family except for his Grandfather who had carried on old stories of "mother russia". Between the raid they were captured in and the years of servitude, almost all of Dimitri's body ended up scarred in some way or other. Dimitri's Grandfather had been an early reaper but had limited access to such powers and over their enslavement cautiously taught what he could.

On the final day of the old man's life he gave Dimitri two gifts. He renamed Dimitri as Grigori, after a man who was said to have defeated death in Russia, and he gave the boy his first weapon to escape. Throughout all these events and from that final day with his grandfather Grigori had slowly become twisted in the head. After his Grandfather's remains aided his escape, Grigori became obsessed with advancing the reaper arts and defeating death by any means necessary.

Weapons: A Scythe that had once been used to harvest grains.

Spells/Spirits/Styles: Call Horde: 2/day
-The Reaper summons forth a shamble mass of zombies and skeletons numbering up to a dozen. These undead are not created from actual bodies, but rather raw energy of death and the spark of life. They are more fragile than their physically created kin, and only last up to a week. However the reaper does not need to raise each undead separately, and therefore services more immediate needs. These undead respond only to direct orders by the Reaper.

Raise Zombie: 5/day
-The Reaper calls upon powers of life and death to raise a fresher body to serve. The undead will only last one month before it returned to being nothing but a pile of bones. The same skeleton may be raised over and over again as long as the bones still mesh together or the flesh can hold their innards in place. Zombies are more durable than Skeletons.

Siege engine of the Undead: 1/day
-The Reaper calls forth a great surge of power over the recesses of death, and pulls the physical bodies of the dead together into a single giant skeleton. These gigantic undead harbor great strength and speed, but seem frail compared to their smaller kin. They only last half an hour before leveling to a huge pile of bodies once more.

Onyx Storage: 1/day
-The Reaper has master death’s door. The Reaper stores his soul in an onyx gem for up to one hour. In this time if his body falls dead or is destroyed, the gem reconstructs a new body for him, made in the same condition his body was in when his soul was stored. After reemerging from the gem, the Reaper is fatigued, and has extreme trouble casting his spells until he has rested. The Reaper’s new body appears standing over the gem, and the old body fades to dust in under a day. His things remain on the original body, but he is veiled in a black robe. If the gem does not create a new body in the three hours, the Reaper’s soul returns to his body. His body and mind continue to act as he would normally during this time.

Equipment: A book where he writes down the results of his "research" and "experiments".
PMEmail PosterMSN
HatsuharuZ
Posted: May 12 2012, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Name: Sakura Noihara

Class: Shaman

Appearance: Sakura is Japanese in ancestry, and thus has dark eyes with epicanthic folds and black hair, but her half-demon heritage has made her taller than average, around 5' 10''. She also has black cat ears and a tail. She has no other unusual characteristics, but she often gets unwanted interest due to her exotic looks.

Weapons: Naginata and Japanese Longbow.

Spirits:

Spirit of Nature: -The Shaman calls upon the spirit of an animal long decayed, but does not channel it through himself. Instead he may have it search, explore, and investigate with the idea of reporting back each detail. This spirit can only find the strength to leave the Shaman for three hours at a time, with an hour of rest in between trips.
(Can be used three times per day)

Healing Spirit: -The spirit of a monk flows healing energies through the Shaman. This allows him to heal himself or another he makes contact with over time. The more severe the injury the long the healing will take. The Shaman can only channel the healing effect for up to half an hour per use, but can use multiple uses in a row. Bones mend, Flesh knits back together, blood dissipates and cleans itself, and illness is sped along
(can be used 3 times per day, for half an hour each)

Equipment: Wide-brimmed straw hat with a semi-transparent cloth screen on the sides and back that hides her cat ears and keeps the sun off of her face. Along with her usual hakama, haori and sandals, she wears a small cloth bag on a necklace. This bag contains a lock of hair and her shaman's fetish, a teardrop-shaped jade stone. For combat, she wears a pair of gauntlets, a pair of shinguards and a headband, all made from cloth and leather-backed metal.

History: Sakura was the priestess for a clan that worshipped and served a certain cat demon. This was only natural, since that demon was Sakura's father. She used her shaman powers to find water for the clan and be the clan's healer, until one day when the demon demanded a sacrifice... and that sacrifice ended up being Sakura's daughter. So while the cat was sleeping off it's meal, she fled the clan and her former deity, never to return. But outsider her clan, she found that life was hard for a half-demon, even if she was an experienced healer. She found that most humans didn't like half-demons like herself, unlike the clan she'd left behind.

Clan: Kuroneko (This translates into 'Black Cat' in their tribal dialect, in honor of their demon 'god'.)

Clan History: While the Kuroneko clan doesn't remember much about the past, they do know that one day their 'god' came in, wiped out the old god that dwelled in the shrine at the center of what was once a great city, and promptly took over. It particularly liked dances, festivals, and the occasional human sacrifice, but luckily for the clan it liked the first two every year, and the last only once a decade. The cat demon wouldn't usually take an interest in purely human affairs, but any time raiders from another clan came, or some other demon wandered in, the demon cat would attack and kill them. Oh, and sometimes it would get very drunk and rape a woman it took a fancy to, but this was considered a minor inconvenience by the clan, since it happened so rarely.
PMEmail Poster
Tormented_Soul
Posted: May 13 2012, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Name: Flint Broadshadow
Class: Warrior
Appearance: He stands 6'8" barefoot, but tacks on a few inches in his normal boots. His mid length hair hangs as brown as the dirt, and as free as the grass in the wind, occasionally covering his eyes from view. The eyes are a piercing emerald, and have the look that they have watched many men and women die. Four white lines mark his left cheek to forehead, as a scar from one of his first times standing against demons. His entire right arm up to the shoulder and down to the wrist, though generally covered, is twisted with the scars of long since healed third degree burn. A few nicks mar his clean shaven face. Under his heavy shirt, there is a deeply embedded brand on the back of his right shoulder, of two swords crossed over a skull, and under a upwardly barbed ring. His clan Tattoo seems to be drawn around the brand on his shoulder, working up his neck, and down his side, but leaving his back relatively clean.
He wears a heavy long sleeved shirt that is mostly grey in color save for the patches of black and white sewn over holes that have formed from combat. A pair of fingerless brown leather gloves cover his hands, or hang from his thick leather belt. Heavy black pants cover his legs to the boots, and seem worn, but unmarred by battle. His boots come to his knees, with a spike jutting from the heal and back of his calf, and a very points toe. The spikes seem to be steel, and the boots plated over leather. In bad weather, he wears a very large brown cloak that has been patched many times.
Weapons: A large metallic round shield with a bladed edge, a barbed hatchet, a long handle sledge hammer with 20 LB head, heavy spiked and cleated climbing boots(two spikes off the heal of the boots, and one on the toe facing straight forward)
Styles:
Breezy Speed:
-The Warrior uses his momentum to speed his every movement in combat to take his enemies by surprise, and charge across the battle field more swiftly.
Equipment: A rucksack with a large spool of rope attached to the bottom, A small packed tent(tied to the top of the rucksack), A small sewing kit, A few torches tucked into a belt on his right leg, A handful of whetstones, A block of flint secured to the inside of his shield, a stick of chalk, a pen with ink, a small leather bound book, a three pronged hook with eye hole on the handle(grappling hook).

History:
Flint grew up the son of miner, and a smith. Upon reaching a working age he was taken from his parents by the demons closest to the Lord. His screams were heard from the Lord's chambers, all the way down the mountain. He emerged with his clan's tattoo forever changed. He was branded as a guard to the vault. He would be trained to wield a weapon, and tortured hard enough to kill those who tried to enter without the Lord granting them passage in person.
He spent years training, and guarding. Demons with greed in their hearts, and men with pleas of escape, fell to his swift skill. In time he could no longer take killing the men that were pressured by demons to come to the vault. One night he went to his old house, and spoke to his father. Before dawn, he left with only his father, and him knowing why or how he got clear of the mountain. He had a long road ahead, and no map to show him the way.

Clan:Draconis
Clan History:The Draconis clan remains enslaved to the Demon Lord it is named after. The clan works themselves to the bone each day to entertain the whims of the Lord they bow to. Many of the clan have taken to mining for minerals, and precious metals under the very mountain their master calls his throne. Not all slave away in the mines. Some work the forges, or farms. Some build and repair the houses the slaves are to slumber in between shifts.
The guards of the Vault stand day and night, and are to kill any who make efforts to enter, save for their lord. The reign of the demon lord is cruel, and ever present, however those that win a note of praise tend to have some liberties allowed to them.

The oldest remember tales in the shame of the clan itself. Some books scattered around the world still hold the story of the invasion of the demons, and the formation of the first clans. Draconis was the first Demon Lord to step forward, and it is unknown why he never sought to expand his kingdom like the other Lords. However, the elders tell tales, that make the children shiver in their beds, and remind the clan night by night what shame they descend from.
PMAOL
DB_Explorer
Posted: May 15 2012, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 64806

Name: Samael Aller
Class: Mage
Appearance: Contrasting with his rather pale skin tone both the trousers and tunic Samael wears are brown, the latter being darker then the former. While the leather duster he wears is almost black as his the fedora he wears to keep the sun out of his eyes.

Weapons: A Walking staff.

Spells:
Samael prefers to do his spells as quickly as possible, to help with this and in order to avoid accidently spell discharge he has trained so he cannot use his spells until he utters an activation phrase, the phrase being “egressus terribilis potential” then each spell has a simple phrase associated with it rather than a long utterance.

1) Lightning Storm: 4/day “hamr slag”
-The Mage spreads his hand, and fans lightning over an arc. The fan of electrical influence carries through water and metal as would natural lightning, and will catch everything in the influenced area.
2) Fire Ball: 5/day “Incaendo”
-The Mage forms a ball of flame in his hand, and may throw it. The fire will spread in the correct conditions, but normally will simply burn the target on impact.
3) Stone Armor: 2/day “Meinen panzer“
-The Mage encases himself in a thin layer of soil, stone. The armor crumbles away as it is struck to keep its wearer form being injured, however the portions not struck stay in place held by arcane magic. This spell only lasts for one hour.
4) Wind of the North: 1/day “Saut de vent”
-The Mage calls upon the strongest winds to blow away his foes. The wind dwarfs hurricane walls wind-force, but only lasts for up to five minutes, and only flows in one direction. The Mage is unaffected by the flow of wind unless he so chooses to be.

Equipment: water bottle, small rucksack for supplies (Rope, rations, etc.) and a notebook for writing down notes on his magic studies, a book or two and a large collection of BiC pens he stole from a demon lord (See below)

History: About 13 years ago the Aller’s were simple farmers’ merely trying to make it by while toiling under the rule of a demon lord Virgo. But as was want with the nature of farming a season came when they could not pay the tithe required. Though much pleading was given the Aller’s were not the only ones to have harvest issues that season and if a pardon was given this season then perhaps next season they would ask for a reduced rate. An example was to be made for the failings of the peasants and that example was to be the Aller’s. The lord’s soldier’s fell on the Aller’s like a pack of wolves, farmland burned, men and boys killed outright with the women following only after they had used like toys. Samael escaped only due to having gone off to fetch firewood and by the time he returned his home of his entire 13 years if life was not but a smoldering ruin.

Samael spent the next year wandering the territory of Virgo until one of the lord’s underlings found him reading, a skill his mother had taught him along with writing and basic maths. Soon Samael found himself caretaker of the Lord Virgo’s vast library. This gave Samael an idea for a plan, for he had not forgotten what Virgo had order his family put to the sword, so he waited as he poured over the books in the lords vast library, held only to show off to the odd quest. From this vast array of books he learned over the next four years the art of magic. Then one day he struck proceeding not only to way last to the library and numerous guards but razing every valuable possession he could see and find, but for a large collection of pens Virgo had collected, before escaping into the barrens.

Samael was unable to slay Virgo that day, too many guards between him and the demon king. But in the wastes he was able to continue his vendetta against demon kind as he wandered from settlement to settlement. It’s been eight years since he started his travels and Sam has collected many names. The Angel of Death for his feats as he helped settlements fend of demon raiders. The Seducer for his womanizing ways, The Accuser for related reasons and the Destroyer for anyplace he stays at for too long inevitable faces a demon horde few hope to defeat as Virgo seeks vengeance for the insults against him.

Clans: Aller’s (Eradicated) & Virgo (connected)

Clan History: The Aller’s were a simple folk, they farmed and cut lumber and we’re ruled by Virgo. While they detested living under a demons rule they valued the simple act of living their lives more than trying to remove the yoke of their oppressor. But after their eradication as an example Samael found himself associated with the Virgo clan proper until he set off into the barren lands.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Tormented_Soul
Posted: May 15 2012, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Alright ladies and gentlemen. We are starting up. Here's how things are starting out. Either you are wondering into this derelict city, or you were given this duty by your clan. Either way, you find yourself in the dead city that many would refer to as the testing grounds.

You are going to be in possession of a letter. Weather it was given to you by your clan and you came here to represent them, or you came after finding the letter on someone's remains, or they somehow were delivered to you personally.

The contest grounds is the dead remains of the city of Detroit. Let that image help you paint out your environment for your posts.

The Dihy are the first demons I am introducing. They are a very common demon to know. They are fairly weak. They are as fast as a small child after a bag of sugar, have claws(sharp as needles), and fangs(that secrete a numbing and slowing poison). They enjoy heights, and tend to hunt in packs. They tend to rush prey and rip it to shreds, hoping their numbers will count for everything in the fight.

after we are all in the city, I will explain the next step.
PMAOL
HatsuharuZ
Posted: May 16 2012, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

A couple of questions:

1) Is it possible to cross the Pacific Ocean?

2) Can a Shaman help a spirit to 'pass on'?

3) Does this rp have it's own IRC channel?
PMEmail Poster
Tormented_Soul
Posted: May 16 2012, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

1) Is it possible to cross the Pacific Ocean?

Yes, there are ways. Boats, land bridges, and magical ways undoubtedly.

2) Can a Shaman help a spirit to 'pass on'?

Yes. You can help them deal with their baggage that keeps them on earth.

3) Does this rp have it's own IRC channel?

Yes, #devildontcare
PMAOL
Kinkou
Posted: May 19 2012, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 13680

Ahhh. It is good to see this being brought back to life in some way. I really missed this games, but can not wait to see where the next group takes it. I have to admit, the path ours took was interesting....I hope this will be as well. I'll be lurking around if you so need me, TS. wink.gif
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Grimblaze
Posted: May 22 2012, 12:27 AM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

So, two questions. Do we need you to give us a challenger note or is our first just run by us. Also, how many days can I say have gone since arrival since Grigori will be summoning once a day for his spells to build up force.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Tormented_Soul
Posted: May 22 2012, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

You can write the name, place and time on the note for your character. The biggest issue is that each one of these fights is going to be with a different class. You will have one with each of the other classes, and ending with one against someone of the same class as yourself. I request that you refer to me in PM or some other private method so that I can find out which class you are going to be dealing with in each post, so I can send you a list of their abilities and what they do. You may make up their weaponry as you like, but I do need to maintain what abilities they hold so that things are cannon.

Since the opening ceremonies of this event is six days after the first heroes started appearing, and I am not saying that it is exactly one day after each of your posts, you may have spent up to four days before the announcements.

I would also like to point out something else. Currency. Most clans work in trade, since the global stock market has been dead for a few hundred years. The most widely accepted currency is called 'shine', and looks like smooth black glass, with a number of jugged holes punched into it denoting different worths. one hole=one shine, two holes = five shine, three holes = ten shine, four holes = twenty shine, five holes= fifty shine. The size of the odd glass is also mildly relative to the value, as they must hold more holes. It seems all these strange things have the same mass and weight even with their different size.
Free clans and escaped slave clans prefer this form of currency, compared to those still under demon boots. The currency is a common link between all demons, and is actually part of their body. It is the vertebrae that connects the head to the rest of the spine. none of the other ones seem to have these qualities.
Those good at killing demons will find themselves with more wealth than those that aren't.

And Kinkou, you are always welcome to toss your hat back in the ring, and show this new batch how the old players got their hands dirty on this game.
PMAOL
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) All [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic