l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (9) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [1331] Not Looking, "this is not good...."
Invisigoth
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

Group: Fake Mods
Member No.: 63090

New strip up!

This post has been edited by Invisigoth on Mar 19 2012, 12:04 PM
PMEmail Poster
paarfi
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 67417

Miho: Why Yutaka! I didn't realize you were here.
Yutaka: Well ... I am.

Do I spy the ghost of snarky bear in panel 4?

It's a shame Piro interrupted. It looks to me like Miho was about to say something heartfelt.

I'm already starting to cringe about next comic. Miho knows Yutuka well enough to know that if he's here, Yuki is too. That means they're following her, which will likely make Miho angry. If she wants to lash out on Yuki, then calling her over and giving her hell about Yutaka's obvious injuries seems like the place to start. sad.gif

I hope that doesn't happen though. Yuki's going to feel bad enough without Miho rubbing her face in it. And Miho really needs to stop pushing away people who care about her. She's made a start with Piro. Can she take it a step further? unsure.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Tangent
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 12:06 PM
Quote Post

Annoying Forums Since 2000

Member No.: 60328

I like the graffiti bear on the back wall. Cute touch. happy.gif

So. Looks like our boy there has been caught (and Tohya is aware now that two players at least have caught up to them). I wonder what will happen next... and if Piro and Tohya will realize he's been hurt.
Roborat
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 66228

So Yuki assumed they were talking through the wall, and weren't in the room together. Silly girl. And now the real world intervenes, and the long hoped for big reveal gets deflected.

Miho should use this as a teaching moment, and instruct Yuki on how to do high speed travel without injuring her passengers. Perhaps Miho will use this as an opportunity to remove her last remaining stalkers, by making Yuki take her sidekick to the hospital.
PMEmail Poster
Arwael
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

I saw the dreamers dreaming, I heard the people singing...

Member No.: 72897

QUOTE (Tangent @ Mar 19 2012, 01:06 PM)

So. Looks like our boy there has been caught (and Tohya is aware now that two players at least have caught up to them). I wonder what will happen next... and if Piro and Tohya will realize he's been hurt.

Well, considering the massive bruising there, they'd have to be blind to realize he's not seriously hurt.
I haven't seen bruising like that for anything less than a cracked rib, myself.
Boyo there needs a trip to the hospital at the very least, even if they can't do much for the ribs themselves, they can at least assess the damage.
PMIntegrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSN
Cthulhufish
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 68362

QUOTE (paarfi @ Mar 19 2012, 01:04 PM)
It's a shame Piro interrupted. It looks to me like Miho was about to say something heartfelt.

Over and over again in this scene: yes.

Y'know, Yuki does kind of deserve a bit of a talking to for breaking Yutaka. Breaking people is bad. Usually.
PM
mylemonblue
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 01:27 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 47150

To bad for all the internal bleeding, Yutuka probably doesn't have the blood left to nose bleed... (*.*)

Ducky! d-(^.-)z

I also would love to know what was not said in panel 4 when Miho started saying, "You know..."

Next scene Hospital for Yutuka?

Edit, traded a "he" for a "Yutuka"...and add a "also"

This post has been edited by mylemonblue on Mar 19 2012, 01:30 PM
PMUsers Website
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

The one true Green Lantern of sector SD!

Member No.: 39158

This really feels like a dodge...
PMEmail Poster
Invisigoth
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

QUOTE (Teddy-Werebear @ Mar 19 2012, 02:56 PM)
This really feels like a dodge...

nope, it's a Peugot!
PMEmail Poster
Arwael
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

... That was bad and you should feel bad.
mylemonblue
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 47150

I bet Miho was going to give an off hand compliment to Piro for not really being an idiot before his interrupt in panel 4 got her calling him idiot again. LOL. wink.gif
PMUsers Website
'zilla
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 03:32 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 53970

Erm, out of curiosity, how'd Miho run into Kobayashi? Isn't he on the men's side? Having trouble getting the floor plan straight.
Arwael
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

They're all on the Men's Side. Miho followed piro in there, IIRC.
paarfi
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 67417

QUOTE (Arwael @ Mar 19 2012, 03:34 PM)
They're all on the Men's Side. Miho followed piro in there, IIRC.

And that's where she left her clothes too. So to get dressed she had to go back to the men's side.

That's also why Yuki is asking "where is she?". Yuki's on the girls side and expected Miho to come her way to get dressed.

QUOTE (Arwael @ Mar 19 2012, 01:00 PM)
Well, considering the massive bruising there, they'd have to be blind to realize he's not seriously hurt.
I haven't seen bruising like that for anything less than a cracked rib, myself.
Boyo there needs a trip to the hospital at the very least, even if they can't do much for the ribs themselves, they can at least assess the damage.

Now that I think about it, Yutaka should be pretty familiar with this. It wasn't all that long ago that he was in the hospital with some Yuki-broken ribs [1027]. So this is the second time around. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a regular habit on Yuki's part. wink.gif

I wonder if this means we'll get to see Ririka again. happy.gif

This post has been edited by paarfi on Mar 19 2012, 03:59 PM
GreyWolfe
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 1040

Yup, I figured we'd run the course of 'meaningful conversation' between those two. Thus things will never be resolved and we'll be right back where we were beforehand.

*sighs*

Yuki, I blame this all on you. Someone needs to have her MG powers revoked for a day.
skulker
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 75105

C'mon, y'all didn't really expect the whole back story to be written out in text did you? Where's the fun in that? It's more interesting to be shown in bits and pieces, liberally sprinkled with Fred herrings, than to simply be told what's going on. MT is a puzzle! biggrin.gif We got some good intel in this scene and should get to see some crazy action soon. Will Piro see one of the girls fly Yutaka to the hospital? Will Piro vision be shattered at long last? Will his brain lock up so badly that he drops his towel? tongue.gif Tune in next week (or the next), same bat-time, same bat-channel. All is well.
PMEmail Poster
GreyWolfe
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

QUOTE (skulker @ Mar 19 2012, 11:00 PM)
C'mon, y'all didn't really expect the whole back story to be written out in text did you? Where's the fun in that?

It's getting tiring listing to them crap on. Either out with it or not.
iffy
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 67265

She's wearing a towel covering at least the front from below neck to we'd guess mid-thigh or knee. So after the surprise now being shown, Yutaka's the kind of lad who'll avert his gaze so she can dress. If not shut his eyes and run out. Unless somebody screams. One or both of them or somebody else. However it goes, what he assumes after that, that's another matter. Because although Yuki's wrong about where Miho and Piro are exactly, she has been following that they're talking to the point where she thinks they're not in the same room. Yuki has some idea of what's going on. Yutaka on the other hand has been left out of the loop on everything going on. While learns the truth first, he has no context at all. So Miho walks into the men's side in bathing attire +, and that's what he sees and all he knows. BOOM

What Miho does next remains to be seen; which might be quite different depending on if she knows that Yuki and/or Yutaka are there/around or not. Or it might not be different at all, given who and what she is. She almost certainly knows they're around, and generally or even specifically what they're doing, leading them along like this from Megagamers so only they could follow. (Or at least that's how it turned out.) Although it's probably wrong to assume Miho's behavior will be radically different either way. Thus it might not even matter if it's an accident or on purpose, because it's all real anyway.

When it comes to what happens next, and to whom how and why; Yuki, Yutaka, Miho, and Piro, if nobody else shows up suddenly for some reason. Depending on everything else, maybe that's the reason Seraphim is here, this whole whatever happens next with Yuki and Miho.

Or even the question if Piro and Yutaka will or even can stay in the background this time like most/all the other times. What does Yutaka do next, regardless of what he thinks. If he needs rescuing, who rescues him? Or how about Piro. Does he pick up on it all better than he did in the 790s and 800s? That would change things considerably. Will he? Can he? Is he able to? Or has Miho failed for the first time/yet once again.

What to do.
PMEmail Poster
DrunkenSailor
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 48029

Yuki can't feel Yutaka's love for her. But every other girl in school notices all the regular outward symptoms. Yuki has come to rely on her magical girl skills to 'sense' how other feels, so she has never learned to recognize the NON-magical clues. She's probably the goto girl friend amongst her peers because this magical sense is so effective that she probably knows which boy is crushing on which girl first amongst them every time. Except for Kobi.

Kobi's mother is a magical girl. To get away with ANYTHING as a child, he would need to subconsciously learn the secret art of hiding ones emotions from magical girls.

He hasn't told Yuki about his love, OR ABOUT HIS RECENT PAIN. He's hiding the pain because he doesn't want to hurt her. He probably doesn't even know he can mask his feelings from her in this magical sense, nor that's it's important right now. But before we yell too loudly at Yuki, remember she has probably never learned to recognize normal visible to all of us signs of pain. She never had to, she could feel physical pain of others magically. But probably not Kobi's, if he chooses to hide it from her. Kobi's hiding of his pain is a large contributor to his current injuries.

That said: what of Kobi's promising baseball career. They made a big deal of that this morning. Is it over? Is Yuki going to blame herself? Will Kobi blame her? Just as looking into this situation reveals why she can't feel his love for her, allowing her to accept the opinion of others that he does, will that love vanish?

Maybe it's just a problem for the school team this year, and he's not a real budding pro prospect. He's pretty young. Might not be an issue at all. Just putting it on the table.

DS

This post has been edited by DrunkenSailor on Mar 19 2012, 06:02 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
GreyWolfe
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

QUOTE (ifyoucannotgoaboveme @ Mar 19 2012, 11:47 PM)
Or how about Piro. Does he pick up on it all better than he did in the 790s and 800s? That would change things considerably. Will he? Can he? Is he able to? Or has Miho failed for the first time/yet once again.

Piro will simply move on and treat this as the failure that it is. Nothing was really explained, nothing was really resolved. But did we ever expect it to be?

Next, move on.
4'33"
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 54054

QUOTE (paarfi @ Mar 19 2012, 03:51 PM)

Now that I think about it, Yutaka should be pretty familiar with this. It wasn't all that long ago that he was in the hospital with some Yuki-broken ribs [1027]. So this is the second time around. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a regular habit on Yuki's part. wink.gif

I wonder if this means we'll get to see Ririka again. happy.gif

It's been less that two weeks (11-12 days?) since he was in the hospital. The ribs have not had much of a chance to heal.
PMEmail Poster
Invisigoth
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

QUOTE (GreyWolfe @ Mar 19 2012, 06:01 PM)
It's getting tiring listing to them crap on. Either out with it or not.

You know, the really funny thing about posts like this is the fact that the last few strips were a total reveal on certain aspects of the Objective Reality in Megatokyo and NO ONE caught it!

PMEmail Poster
stsparky
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Otosan no Ninja no Hime Satomi

Member No.: 30339

hmmm Power reveal!? What young Yukata says and what Miho does will inform.

Theories?
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSN
GreyWolfe
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

QUOTE (Invisigoth @ Mar 20 2012, 12:24 AM)
You know, the really funny thing about posts like this is the fact that the last few strips were a total reveal on certain aspects of the Objective Reality in Megatokyo and NO ONE caught it!

We know that Piro won't accept MT's 'reality'. That is nothing new.
GreyWolfe
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

QUOTE (stsparky @ Mar 20 2012, 12:26 AM)
hmmm Power reveal!? What young Yukata says and what Miho does will inform.

Theories?

What, you mean you aren't going to go on for the next six months with the conviction that Piro and Miho didn't do the nasty in the bath Sparky? I'm shocked...
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (9) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic