l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (4) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Diablo 3 Has A Release Date..., ...finally. 05/15/12
errantrogue
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Captain?

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 37041

It is also available to pre-download. For 59.99US you too can own the locked file~

I'm in the Beta... been hanging out with the RHGaming folks. Anyone else get an invite and want to play?

I'm really enjoying Demon Hunter... I mean, of course I would~ being an awesome ranged class.

Wizard and Witch Doctor can be fun, too.

I like the power of the Wizard, as well as its early CC (man, that frost nova can be helpful against elites on hardcore) and a runed shock wave.

Witch Doctor can be fun, but takes a bit to ramp up to something useful besides pot throwing... and the animation for the plague of frogs is downright obscene.

Monk is annoying to me... I don't like finesse melee classes. If I'm going melee, I prefer the Barbarian! Cleave runed with explosive blows is the most awesome of abilities EVAH.

This post has been edited by errantrogue on Mar 16 2012, 08:46 AM
PMEmail Poster
Tomar
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Ultimate l33t One

Member No.: 205

How did you get access to the beta? I'd be curious to take a look and do a little testing.
PMEmail Poster
errantrogue
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Captain?

i won one of the sweeps... a lot of game sites are running giveaways (or were). I got my beta key about three weeks ago from gamesradar.com's facebook giveaway.
PMEmail Poster
omoikane
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

♪mojimoji shite kimoi ne♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 14

i got my beta key like a couple months ago back when blizzard was taking signups.

really ... i don't know. it's just what diablo would be if it was made in 2011. not too excited. maybe it's more fun in a group.

how does multiplayer work?
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOL
errantrogue
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

Captain?

QUOTE (omoikane @ Mar 16 2012, 11:22 AM)
how does multiplayer work?

pretty simple setup... based on your battletag#xxxx. looking for party works amongst all your friends (if two friends have two different games going you can see both with how many slots are filled and by what).

loot and gold increases based on party numbers (but your gold and loot find bonus stats are averaged among you)... not sure about mob numbers and difficulty. the only difference i've seen in multi is that elite groups show up more often. that could be because dps is pretty balanced (based on the weapon you're holding, not purely stats) and cc and aoe abilities are pretty tight.

the only time i've died in HC was pairing my fresh lvl 1 barb with a lvl 5 monk and splitting up. not having cleave screwed me as i was overwhelmed.

edit: i really like the teleporting banners at homebase. instead of having to catchup even from the convenient teleports to chapter starting areas, you can just click on a teammates banner NEAR the teleporter and just go directly to them. this is VERY handy if joining a game in progress.

This post has been edited by errantrogue on Mar 16 2012, 11:39 AM
PMEmail Poster
Genshie
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 12:34 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 59919

I will give it to Blizzard at least they have the balls to say enough about delaying the game. Still find it funny though that it was going to be delayed again. I still don't take this release date seriously. Might as well release the game and add whatever features (in this case PVP) after release.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
VasHtheStampede
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 10:11 PM
Quote Post

Ultimate Old One

Member No.: 118

Well it's finally about f*in' time my over 1 year-old PC gets some decent gaming action going on it. (the only other PC games I have are Torchlight and Doom 3, everything else on either 360 or PS3). Also I'm assuming that the console rumors for this game are debunked, personally I would never play any point and click dungeon crawls on console.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Random Wanderer
Posted: Mar 18 2012, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

Member No.: 51878

QUOTE (VasHtheStampede @ Mar 17 2012, 11:11 PM)
Also I'm assuming that the console rumors for this game are debunked, personally I would never play any point and click dungeon crawls on console.

Um... no, quite the opposite. The game IS coming to consoles. That was officially announced a while ago.
PMEmail Poster
Zorrah
Posted: Mar 18 2012, 04:13 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 13823

Ah, for the old console versions of DarkStone and Diablo I.

I'm such a sucker, I walked into gamestop asking about my pre-order and about the midnight launch, and I walked out with a pre-order on the strategy guild too. Limited edition hard back and collectors edition of the game. It better damn well be as good as Diablo II for all this.

PMEmail PosterAOL
errantrogue
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Captain?

So there was some power switching last beta patch and I'm just noticing a few key differences... especially in the case of the witch doctor.

While Zombie Dogs are much squishier, I've fallen in love with the Soul Harvest... which effectively doubles my dps.

My first post patch playthrough on my WD was a little tougher than normal because of the nerfing... but as soon as I got Soul Harvest, everything was a piece of cake. Especially since all abilities key on intelligence (which SH buffs TREMENDOUSLY).

If anything gets renerfed next patch, I'm guessing it's this.
PMEmail Poster
dreamshade
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

KOTOKO says, "Ohayou~"
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 80

I just checked out the skill trees a little more. I have to say, I actually like the idea of saying, you must have one defensive skill, you must have one ultimate skill, etc. Sounds easier to balance and means I don't go into analysis paralysis trying to figure out seventeen different moves to take...

I've put in for my preorder. Monks look fun.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
omoikane
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

♪mojimoji shite kimoi ne♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 14

Monks look really fun. I tried it and I'm like, wow, yeah. Maybe I should figure out what to spec...oh wait you have to level up to unlock action slots. So maybe not.

I think the game is structured in a way if you just spend the time to do your single player experience as the first thing after getting the game, you'll be fine. after that you can do all your math to your heart's content. which is kind of how i initially thought it would be anyways.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOL
errantrogue
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Captain?

QUOTE (dreamshade @ Mar 26 2012, 02:51 PM)
I just checked out the skill trees a little more. I have to say, I actually like the idea of saying, you must have one defensive skill, you must have one ultimate skill, etc. Sounds easier to balance and means I don't go into analysis paralysis trying to figure out seventeen different moves to take...

I've put in for my preorder. Monks look fun.

well, there IS elective mode... where you can put any ability anywhere amongst your six buttons. but I prefer the default mode.

PMEmail Poster
Random Wanderer
Posted: May 1 2012, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

Two weeks, kids. Is everybody ready?

QUOTE (Random Wanderer)
Um... no, quite the opposite. The game IS coming to consoles. That was officially announced a while ago.

It appears I may have to retract that statement. The only versions that seem to be coming out on the 15th are PC and Mac. The announcements I read have apparently been retracted to say "we just meant that we're still seriously looking into the idea of console versions, but nothing else."

Doesn't make a difference to me personally, but I'd prefer not to have people coming in here saying they were waiting for a console release that never came, because I told them there would be one.
PMEmail Poster
shoeboxjeddy
Posted: May 1 2012, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Still accepting applications~

Member No.: 45553

QUOTE (Random Wanderer @ May 1 2012, 10:39 AM)
It appears I may have to retract that statement. The only versions that seem to be coming out on the 15th are PC and Mac. The announcements I read have apparently been retracted to say "we just meant that we're still seriously looking into the idea of console versions, but nothing else."

Doesn't make a difference to me personally, but I'd prefer not to have people coming in here saying they were waiting for a console release that never came, because I told them there would be one.

Been playing Torchlight on 360 for a while now. A 360 version of D3 might actually be something I'd look into now. But I bet they'll skip it because MS/Sony will throw a stink about the real money marketplace. Which, let's be honest, is the whole reason Diablo 3 is even coming out.
PM
Tomar
Posted: May 1 2012, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Ultimate l33t One

I too believe the issue is the real world money auction house is the real reason they needed to back off. The liability for fraud and other issues is only Blizzard-Activision on PC but now MS and Sony and Blizzard-Activision on consoles if something goes wrong. Management tools would also become "doubly" complex where you'd have to go back to the PC and Battle.net to manage account settings for money you earned on either console.

I'm okay with just PC-Mac where it feels like an issue with some game designs work better on one platform over another. Although Tourchlight works well on consoles, it is still not quite the way I would want to play this type of game anyway that goes beyond keyboard + mouse.

This post has been edited by Tomar on May 1 2012, 10:39 AM
PMEmail Poster
TheWinkel
Posted: May 1 2012, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

I'll catch you yet, my pretties

Member No.: 23699

I think Blizzard absolutely wants to release the game on consoles, but the problems of actually porting it and having it not suck and having to release the full featured game at release (i.e. pvp) are pretty big obstacles in their way.
PMEmail Poster
Random Wanderer
Posted: May 5 2012, 03:44 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

unsure.gif ...10 days.
PMEmail Poster
Random Wanderer
Posted: May 6 2012, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

...9 days.

It's not like I'm counting down the days until it comes out or anything! Don't get the wrong idea! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Random Wanderer on May 6 2012, 03:39 PM
PMEmail Poster
Genshie
Posted: May 7 2012, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 59919

What is this I hear about people complaining about the difficulty being to easy? From those in the beta that is.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Random Wanderer
Posted: May 7 2012, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

QUOTE (Genshie @ May 7 2012, 12:46 PM)
What is this I hear about people complaining about the difficulty being to easy? From those in the beta that is.

I've heard that as well, but I also heard that Blizzard got enough of those responses (people saying that even for a tutorial section it was too easy) that they've increased the difficulty accordingly. I can't tell you how recent that change was, though.

Since I'm in here... 8 days. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Random Wanderer on May 7 2012, 11:06 AM
PMEmail Poster
TheWinkel
Posted: May 7 2012, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

The beta was on the easiest difficulty with no way to change it. The highest difficulty is absolutely insane. I saw a stream of someone trying it with a premade 60 and he got owbed by the first two skeletons.
PMEmail Poster
Tomar
Posted: May 7 2012, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Ultimate l33t One

It is a beta. They wanted to get as many people exercising the scripting and quest stuff as much as possible. Besides I'd rather have it start too easy and adjust upwards than the other way around.
PMEmail Poster
Random Wanderer
Posted: May 7 2012, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

Blizzard has created a Launch Day Preparation Guide for everyone getting ready for the game's release. Just remember, no matter what they say, the servers will be down 90% of the time for the first few days after the game's release. It simply is not physically possible for them to have enough servers running ahead of time. It doesn't happen. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
TheWinkel
Posted: May 7 2012, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

And they're going to deserve every little bit of hate that gets thrown their way because the reason D3 is always on is so Blizzard can make more moolah.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic