l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (6) All « First ... 4 5 [6]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Horizon On The Middle Of Nowhere, 12 pounds of wonderful in a 4 pound bag
KILLelALL
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Tasteless hoarder

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 42760

you could construe it to some kind of reverse harem. but here is the difference between 1 and 3+, which is the number of romantic interests involved.

But Aoi doesn't have that many romantic interests either.

Blind girl - Romantic interest...or rather, she has a crush on him & prefers him to be happy with Horizon from the start of the show, rather than desiring to be with him.
Horizon - Romantic interest.
Mechanic - Does she even interact with Aoi?
Spear girl - Does she really interact with Aoi?
Glasses girl - Does she even interact with Aoi?
Wheel chair girl - Never even sees Aoi.
Merchant girl - Loves someone else.
Large handed girl - Loves someone else.
Fake Trap - Doesn't feel for him in that way. She mainly questioned why everyone followed a goofball like Tori and tried to understand it.
Archer - To be honest, I don't remember much about her and Aoi's interaction other than her fantasizing of Aoi with another woman and not being jealous in the least.
Witch #1 - <3 Witch #2 and not Aoi.
Witch #2 - <3 Witch #1 and not Aoi.
Teacher - doesn't have feelings for him in such a way.
Sister - doesn't have feelings for him in such a way.
Knight - doesn't have feelings for him in such a way.

Aoi flirts around & teases people, but that's just who he is. Just because he flirts with someone doesn't make them an interest... then again... he was getting pretty close to that bucket he was flirting with. tongue.gif
*quickly remembers Star Ocean's Ashton & one of his romantic interests being barrels.* x_x

This post has been edited by KILLelALL on Mar 31 2012, 05:40 PM
PMEmail Poster
dm
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Bothering no one, touching nothing, fixing the Primus.

Member No.: 263

I think the novels talk about the night and the miko having had crushes on him at one time, but it doesn't seem to be too prominent in the anime.
PMEmail Poster
Nestor
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 01:29 AM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

Member No.: 24897

QUOTE (wordwarrior @ Jan 31 2012, 07:15 AM)
Volume 2 of the DVD release comes with a CD release of the theme song for the Flying Witches, titled Morgen-Nacht.

All of my love, take it.

When it comes to anime music I tend to stay away, and if I listen to it, it generally doesn't last in my rotation for long, but Morgen Nacht isn't bad.
I've been listening to the soundtrack all day, even at work. Well, I've been deleting a bunch of it because it's fucking stupid, but there are pieces worth keeping around.
As far as soundtracks go, though this is a cut above most: there's all sorts of different styles displayed; there's some techno, some rock, some jazzy bits, just... a wide variety there to sort of... sample.
PMEmail Poster
dm
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 02:20 AM
Quote Post

Coincidentally, the same composer did the music for Kampfer and (it shows) Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls.

Also the forthcoming Medaka Box.
PMEmail Poster
Wavehawk
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 05:59 AM
Quote Post

"O Galileo Galileo~~GALILEO LET ME GO!!"

Member No.: 555

Gave this series another watch (Eps 1-11, I don't have 12-13 because I originally dropped the series after ep 3). It makes a tiny bit more sense now, but I'm also wondering whether most of the cast aren't expys/parodies of other LN/anime/manga characters.

No I don't have proof (and I don't read many LNs), it's just a vibe I get considering there's:
- A guy whose right fist can punch through anything
- A Ponytailed japanese warrior-woman with no social skills
- A shy girl with bangs covering her eyes
- A grey-haired golden eyed flat chested warrior chick voiced by Marina Inoue
- An Idiot/Genius/what the hell voiced by FukuJun

...I mean, I'm just SAYING...

This post has been edited by Wavehawk on Apr 14 2012, 06:00 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
dm
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

It's like Tori Aoi -- genius? Clown/parody? Tired cliche? -- only time and events (and the eyes of the beholders) will tell.
PMEmail Poster
Cthulhufish
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 10:23 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 68362

QUOTE (Wavehawk @ Apr 14 2012, 06:59 AM)
Gave this series another watch (Eps 1-11, I don't have 12-13 because I originally dropped the series after ep 3). It makes a tiny bit more sense now, but I'm also wondering whether most of the cast aren't expys/parodies of other LN/anime/manga characters.

The light novel and anime both seem to really embrace common tropes and such. I think it's quite intentional if every other thing makes you think you've seen it somewhere before.

Still, Horizon managed to seem really novel to me somehow. I guess it's in how it tells the story... It seems like a "less is more" sort of deal with the exposition. The characters are more interesting because it doesn't go to any real effort to introduce them, so you have to pay attention. Same for the plot. I also want to say that it pays some nice attention to detail with a select few characters, giving them back-stories and personalities instead of just a character archetype. Time will tell how much of class 3-Plum that applies to.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) All « First ... 4 5 [6]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll