l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (22) All « First ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fate/zero, Type-Moon x Ufotable + Gen Urobuchi
Dom
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 11:29 PM
Quote Post

Dream Crusher
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried to buy the F/Z season 1 box set from Aniplex at cons? I'm tempted to pick up the BD set, but I don't know if I'm willing to go over 300 for it. The asking price on Right Stuf is 370, and I'm hoping to cut an at-con deal if possible...
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
omoikane
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 04:32 AM
Quote Post

♪mojimoji shite kimoi ne♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 14

hmm, good luck with that. i haven't heard anything to that being possible (i would imagine this would make the various forums, if someone did score it at a lower price).
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOL
inquis122
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 59693

Well, they did just announce KnK DVDs, which makes me think we will probably have reasonably priced Fate/Zero sooner or later. Not that KnK has been priced yet, but I can't imagine it will be as high as the blu-rays...
PMEmail Poster
Nestor
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 11:52 PM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 24897

So, I was reading through the Fate/ Stay Night's Fate arc, where Shirou and Saber are in the lion's den with Kotomine and Lancer.
Saber: "Kotomine. I shall ask before I defeat you. What are your intentions? What do you wish as the supervisor of the Holy Grail?"
Kotomine: "Well. To put it simply, I wish for 'entertainment'. But it's not something I need in a hurry.

Seems like he took Gilgamesh's words to heart.
PMEmail Poster
omoikane
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 04:46 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (inquis122 @ Apr 17 2012, 11:48 PM)
Well, they did just announce KnK DVDs, which makes me think we will probably have reasonably priced Fate/Zero sooner or later. Not that KnK has been priced yet, but I can't imagine it will be as high as the blu-rays...

if they re-release fate/zero, it would be DVD only most likely. i am going to assume that is something of a last resort for most otaku.
dm
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Bothering no one, touching nothing, fixing the Primus.

Member No.: 263

It's probably just me, but gosh this show seems to have lost something these past two episodes. It's pretty enough (especially things like the Berserker fighter jet), but just doesn't seem as interesting.

Maybe I'm just watching it for the Waver and Rider manzai, and I'm grumbling at the lack of that. Or maybe it will just take a while for me to get back into the groove, or maybe there's just a ton of good shows out there that this one no longer stands out as much.

I did like Illyasviel fumbling with the cellphone.

Why did Shirou-dad want to position the Caster-return where he did? What did it matter?

This post has been edited by dm on Apr 18 2012, 06:45 AM
PMEmail Poster
omoikane
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 08:08 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

i think the issue regarding pacing is that they dillydallied a lot in the first half of the series. it's fun to watch that stuff but the story gets pretty quick and intense later on, and the 1-cour break didn't help. i'm going to assume they're just going to bang it out from this point on, while taking a few breaks to flesh out the alex-waver story and kiritsugu's backstory.

the rest would be more about kotomine/archer and all that good jazz~
Nestor
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

QUOTE (dm @ Apr 18 2012, 05:42 AM)
Why did Shirou-dad want to position the Caster-return where he did? What did it matter?

Excalibur is an anti-fortress noble phantasm. He positioned everything so that (as far as collateral damage goes) she hit nothing but river and the boat he was on originally.
PMEmail Poster
omoikane
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 10:41 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

yesss finally butch time~
uncreative
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 12:06 PM
Quote Post

Endlessly looping, never updating.

Group: Mafiosi
Member No.: 54034

Nico hand jokes were pretty priceless.

SO CHEERY.
PM
omoikane
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

i love Maiya's disarming attitude about her work.
DaRk_KnIgHt
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

blaarghlebleeeergh--

Member No.: 3729

The awesome feeling of Fate/Zero was kinda missing there. I was kinda expecting this scene to feel pretty dramatic, but it kinda just felt off.

PMEmail Poster
omoikane
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

interesting, that's how i feel about last week. this week feels 100% more like how fate/zero is suppose to feel like.
Shiro
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Beautiful fighter.

Member No.: 36127

QUOTE (omoikane @ Apr 21 2012, 07:34 PM)
interesting, that's how i feel about last week. this week feels 100% more like how fate/zero is suppose to feel like.

Yeah, i was feeling it. TRAGIC followed up by the classic heroic conversation. This episode makes up for the previous two that i didn't enjoy as much.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
Nestor
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

QUOTE (omoikane @ Apr 21 2012, 12:34 PM)

One of the things I fucking loved about the books was this scene and how it was set up.
The fight with Saber and Lancer, Kiritsugu binding Kayneth with the contract and then having his assistant kill him, Lancer's spiteful castigation- all of these things came together amazingly.
PMEmail Poster
dm
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Bothering no one, touching nothing, fixing the Primus.

Member No.: 263

I was kvetching before, but now I think they (or I) have gotten the groove back. Pity about Lancer. The Lancer in Fate/stay night is a different character from Irish folklore, isn't he?

I guess I just like Urobuchi existential chat.

Now I'm looking forward to more of Kiritsugu's back-story.

This post has been edited by dm on Apr 21 2012, 03:51 PM
PMEmail Poster
Moridin84
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Group: Mafiosi
Member No.: 14034

Gah, poor Lancer and especially when he was getting some respite by fighting against Saber.

I'm assuming that Kiritsugu was originally like Shiro in Fate/Stay Night. It makes sense considering how Archer is very Kiritsugu-like and Archer is the result of Shiro following Kiritsugu ideals.

This post has been edited by Moridin84 on Apr 21 2012, 04:34 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN
wordwarrior
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

~Super☆Affection~

Member No.: 57076

QUOTE (dm @ Apr 21 2012, 03:50 PM)
I was kvetching before, but now I think they (or I) have gotten the groove back. Pity about Lancer. The Lancer in Fate/stay night is a different character from Irish folklore, isn't he?

Yep, Cuchulain.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
omoikane
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nestor @ Apr 21 2012, 03:28 PM)
One of the things I fucking loved about the books was this scene and how it was set up.
The fight with Saber and Lancer, Kiritsugu binding Kayneth with the contract and then having his assistant kill him, Lancer's spiteful castigation- all of these things came together amazingly.

I think that was like, the start of all the cool stuff in Fate/Zero. The story was kind of just pussy-footing around before then, maybe with the 1v1 inside Iri's castle aside.

which is why i wanted to see it like, in ep 13 or something. sucks that we got the caster showdown as the mid-season cliffhanger. killing lancer would've been way better for that.

anyway, the two things i like the most about fate/zero are the way rider/waver story concludes in fate/zero, and kiritsugu's backstory. I hope they do at least 1 full episode on the backstory~~~
DaRk_KnIgHt
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

blaarghlebleeeergh--

Member No.: 3729

I'm probably too sleep deprived to appreciate the scene then, having slept at like 6am the previous day.

PMEmail Poster
omoikane
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Ubiquitial
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 74144

QUOTE (Moridin84 @ Apr 21 2012, 04:33 PM)
Gah, poor Lancer and especially when he was getting some respite by fighting against Saber.

I'm assuming that Kiritsugu was originally like Shiro in Fate/Stay Night. It makes sense considering how Archer is very Kiritsugu-like and Archer is the result of Shiro following Kiritsugu ideals.

Not quite. Kiritsugu I think is more of an "ends justify the means" kinda guy while Archer is more of a Kantian who became jaded with that concept. Their roles are similar, and they're both disillusioned, but I think their attitudes are quite different.
PMEmail Poster
3Power
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 11:05 PM
Quote Post

Whatcha know about sugar comas?

Member No.: 38817

QUOTE (Nestor @ Apr 21 2012, 03:28 PM)

Sorta jumping in the middle of things here, but I thought the end result of that contract deal was rather predictable, if overly dickish. You'd think kayneth would have at least seen through the obvious loophole, even if there was nothing he could really do about it at that point.
PMEmail Poster
omoikane
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 04:26 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (3Power @ Apr 23 2012, 12:05 AM)
Sorta jumping in the middle of things here, but I thought the end result of that contract deal was rather predictable, if overly dickish. You'd think kayneth would have at least seen through the obvious loophole, even if there was nothing he could really do about it at that point.

Mage, honor, code, different way of thinking, etc.

That was something the book spelled out much better, right from the start.
omoikane
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 05:18 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Humor: No need to use a command seal
http://twitgoo.com/5plsfm
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (22) All « First ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll