l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (4) All « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Galaxy Angel: Eternal Lovers, It's being fantranslated!
Random Wanderer
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 51878

Finished Mint's route.

...Wow, that was good. I'd say it's the second-best route out of the ones I've played so far, and the best of the Mint routes out of all three games. Her disability after the sabotage was interesting, both in its nature, and in the fact that it's the first of the ones I've seen that was solved before the ball/dance/thing. The scene where she was trapped in the wreckage was particularly poignant. Also her speeches to Wein worked better than anyone except Ranpha's.

Most importantly from my perspective is the fact that I really came to like her a lot, this time. In the previous two games Mint's routes have never really worked for me. I felt that her personality was simply incompatible with my tastes. Not that I disliked her in any way, don't get me wrong. But I didn't have the spark with her that I got with most of the other girls, in Galaxy Angel and Moonlit Lovers. I expected it to be the same this time, and I'd pretty much resigned myself to it.

I was wrong. Mint's route worked in this game. My compliments to the writers. It feels that they finally managed to pull off what they've been aiming for with Mint.

This post has been edited by Random Wanderer on Feb 1 2012, 10:48 PM
PMEmail Poster
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Feb 2 2012, 07:34 AM
Quote Post

Azifu~ forever and always~
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 201

QUOTE (Random Wanderer @ Feb 2 2012, 06:48 AM)
I'd say it's the second-best route out of the ones I've played so far, (...)
See? We do have similar tastes in stories and girls! biggrin.gif

Mint's route best quotes:
QUOTE ("When she gave her thoughts about the other girls")
【ミント】(思った通りですわ。ランファさんの大きなおしりでは、貨物の間に引っかかってついてこられません)
【ミント】(いくらあの方がガンマニアで、引き金にかかった指が限りなく軽かろうと、撃ってきたりはしないと思いますが)
(けど、フォルテさんだけに、やりかねないというか、なんというか)
【ミント】(ちとせさん、おしとやかな顔をなさってるわりには、存外暴れん坊ですのね。まさか花壇を飛び越えてくるだなんて!)
(あっ、でも着地に失敗して顔から転ばれましたわ)
(そういえば、ちとせさんはいつも、うっかりミスが多かったですわね。まあ、今回はそれで助かりましたわ)
【ミント】(ヴァニラさんは少々とろいところがおありなので、楽に逃げられます)
【ミント】(ミルフィーさんは食い意地が張ってじゃない、甘いものに目がないタチでよかったですわ。さあ、今のうちに!)

QUOTE ("Tact asked her whether she has a place where she felt more at peace other than by his sides")
【タクト】ミントが一番安心できる場所が、オレのそば以外にあるのかい?

QUOTE ("Mint confronted Wein about how his eyes were similar to hers at that time and、upon Wein asking her what she wanted to say、answered that it wasn't her but HIM who wanted to say something")
【ミント】あなたであれば、もしや知ることがかなうかもしれませんわね。 以前の私と同じ瞳をしている、あなたであれば。
【ヴァイン】 何が言いたい、ミント・ブラマンシュ?
【ミント】 言うのは私ではありませんわ。あなたです、ヴァインさん。己の全てをさらけだすということは、己の弱さや醜さを直視することにつながるかもしれません。

QUOTE ("Wein's final speech to Lushati、when he was AT LAST able to tell her what he'd always wanted to tell her、his feelings for her")
【ヴァイン】姉さんは楽しかった? 僕や、エルシオールのあの人たちと、一緒に過ごすことができて?
【ルシャーティ】こんな時に、どうしたの?
【ヴァイン】答えて、姉さん。
【ルシャーティ】ヴァイン。
【ヴァイン】頼むよ。
【ルシャーティ】ええ楽しかったわ。EDENが解放されれば、きっと、毎日があんな風に楽しいんでしょうね。私のそばに、あの素敵な人たちがいてそして、あなたがいてくれて。
【ヴァイン】そうだね。僕も楽しかったよ、姉さん。そして、きっとこれからも、楽しい日々が続くんだ。僕はそこにいることはできないけど。
【ルシャーティ】ヴァイン? あなた、何を言って。
【ヴァイン】もう、僕が思うとおりの『姉』を演じる必要はない。
【ルシャーティ】えっ。
【ヴァイン】僕たちが初めて会った、あの日の少女に戻るんだ。そして、僕を憎むといい。『ヴァル・ファスク』である僕を。
【ルシャーティ】ヴァ!
【ヴァイン】ルシャーティ。ひとつだけ、言っておかなきゃいけないことがあるんだ。僕は君を。

"...Lushati. One thing, there's one thing that I cannot not tell you... I do... About you..." \〇/
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Random Wanderer
Posted: Feb 2 2012, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

Lester... you're pulling me away from maintaining the morale of the Angels, the most important job I have which allows them to remain functional as a fighting force, in order to talk about plotting a course for the ship? dry.gif That's it, you're getting a time-out. Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

Oh, and go ask Almo out on a date. Commander's orders. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
Random Wanderer
Posted: Feb 2 2012, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

Fighting these battles without Vanilla... This is going to be all but impossible.
PMEmail Poster
Random Wanderer
Posted: Feb 2 2012, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

QUOTE (OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol @ Feb 2 2012, 08:34 AM)
See? We do have similar tastes in stories and girls! biggrin.gif

Sometimes. Only sometimes.

Anyway, as I thought, battles without Vanilla are always a real pain. I lost Angels a couple of times because of a sudden burst of damage and the inability to get back to the Elsior before more missles caught up with them.

There's something I've been wondering. The big reason why no girl's disability could be treated was because they didn't have another dual-HALO system set up. But even while they say that, they're standing in the factory that made the things in the first place. Why didn't they just build another one? Given the production rate the Black Moon displayed, it shouldn't take very long, and it could have saved them a fair amount of trouble.
PMEmail Poster
Random Wanderer
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 01:35 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

Finished Vanilla's route. She is a sweet, innocent girl, and I will always love her. And they got married after the end! wub.gif

Due to her innocence, pretty much all of the jealousy-inducing moments with Lushati were completely overlooked. Vanilla simply didn't realize that there was any reason she should be worried by them. I found that rather refreshing. On the other hand, her quiet nature meant that in scenes where most of the other Angels had something significant to say, she barely said a sentence or two. The conversation with Wein, immediately following the battle for Eden comes to mind in particular. There wasn't really anything wrong with what she said there, but compared to Ranpha or Mint's verbal trouncing of Wein, Vanilla's just felt lacking.

On the gripping hand, her bit with Wein when he's dying and she's trying to heal him felt surprisingly powerful. He told her to stop because it was futile. She replied "I will decide if it is futile, not you. I am only following my heart. And my heart is telling me to help you." There was a strength in her voice at that moment that I've rarely heard from her. She believed trying to heal him was the right thing to do, and she would do so, no matter what he said.

Also, there was what was probably an unintentional echo between an earlier scene and the very last one. After Vanilla came back from trying to leave the ship due to her disability, they told her the proper thing to say in that situation was "tadaima." Touching, but fairly common. Then there's the final scene when she and Tact are rescued. Every girl says it there, on their route, but in this case it felt like a call-back. They'd taught her what to say when she returned from a less-significant departure, and now, in an infinitely more appropriate moment, she remembered and said it again. It probably wasn't supposed to come across that way (like I said, every girl says that at the end) but it did for me.

Anyway. Good route. Nothing inherently wrong, just a few places where I felt they could have done more than they did.

One girl left.
PMEmail Poster
Random Wanderer
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

I feel like replaying all three games from the beginning. I'm not sure how far I'll get before I lose interest in continuing, but right now I feel like building up the relationship with each girl from the start again. Preferably playing it out as one contiguous whole, rather than split up into chunks several months apart. I'll see how that turns out.

For some reason the movie files for the first game refused to play, and I ended up having to reinstall the whole thing to get it to work. Not a big deal, since it only took a couple of minutes.

I'd forgotten how poor (relatively speaking) the graphics are in the combat sections of the first game. Moonlit Lovers improved things quite a bit. But I can put up with it for the sake of romancing mym lovely Ranpha again from the start. wub.gif
PMEmail Poster
Random Wanderer
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

Hmm... well, with all respect to Noah, upon reviewing the evidence I must maintain that destroying the Black Moon was the correct response. It completely obliterated a planetary population, and when acting on its own it behaved in a violent and destructive manner. Also, it remained convinced that its method of fighting (using mindless machines) was superior to the White Moon's method of using humans, despite the fact that the White Moon's creations had defeated the Black Moon's in every encounter. It attempted to intiate the merge with itself as the victor, even though it was clearly no such thing.

It was clearly malfunctioning. And even disregarding that, the fact that it was willing to commit mass murder of the people it was supposed to be protecting on that scale proved that it could no longer be trusted as the defensive system it was supposed to be.

Sorry kid, but if you didn't want us to break it, you should have kept it under tighter control.

PS: I still love Ranpha's redecoration of the Elsior's bridge, and the almost-panicked flight of the bridge crew when the two lovebirds got too sweet for them.

This post has been edited by Random Wanderer on Apr 22 2012, 09:10 PM
PMEmail Poster
Random Wanderer
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

Ah, and there is no beginning in the games that I love quite as much as Milfie and Tact's happy beginning in Moonlit Lovers. It's just so sweet and peaceful. They're the one pair where you know for a fact that they'd be perfectly happy to just live ordinary lives together.
PMEmail Poster
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Oh, come on. Ranpha would obviously adore any kind of life, as long as she can be lovey-dovey with Tact! Especially an ordinary life where they'd live in a big house that she'd be able to decorate to all her wishes!
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Random Wanderer
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 02:43 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

True, but I also think Ranpha enjoys her life in the military in and of itself. She likes the challenge and the combat. Not that she wants people to be at war, but she's an athlete, and she enjoys testing herself against competition. Milfie, I feel, stays in the military because her friends are there and because she wants to help people, but does not actually enjoy the job for its own sake. So long as she could keep her friends, and so long as no one was suffering because she wasn't there to help, Milfie would gladly give up her job in the military. Whereas Ranpha would give it up to be with Tact, but I feel she would miss elements of it.
PMEmail Poster
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

I don't know. Contrary to Forte, Vanilla or Chitose, I think Ranpha isn't attached to military life as much as to elements she finds in it, such as helping/protecting people or being physically active. The way I see it, she could be a civil servant such as a policeman, a fireman or the like and enjoy it the same.
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Random Wanderer
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

I... can't picture her in those roles. Ranpha is a pilot, and a good one. She went to the military's pilot school by her own choice. I believe she enjoys being a pilot, and I know she loves flying Kung-Fu Fighter. Just talk to her after the mission where the Emblem Frames' wings first appeared. No one is more enthusiastic than she is about how amazing it felt to be flying her ship when that happened.

I really can't see her doing anything else. I'm sure she would find something to do if she and Tact did leave the military together, but I really think she's happiest where she is.
PMEmail Poster
Random Wanderer
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

Ranpha's SERIOUS BUSINESS game with Noah to get the latter to stop hiding in the core is so over-the-top ridiculous, it's.... well, really, it's perfectly suited to Ranpha's route. If anyone's going to be over-the-top, it's her. Still, coming complete with battle commentary from the sidelines and secret finishing moves... Somebody was having fun when they wrote this.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) All « First ... 2 3 [4]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll