l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (4) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Galaxy Angel: Eternal Lovers, It's being fantranslated!
Neko_Len
Posted: Sep 19 2011, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

poe~poe~

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 37891

(Mod edit: splitting the thread because I can! This thread is a continuation of the GA:ML one)

aand, much, much sooner than expected, a fully, all route playable beta patch for EL is out!

Oh Mint, how i love you~

user posted image

oops....

This post has been edited by OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol on Sep 23 2011, 07:01 PM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Random Wanderer
Posted: Sep 19 2011, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

Member No.: 51878

Sounds like it still needs some fine-tuning, but yes this is good news. Now I just need a way to get it.

Wow, how did you manage to get that reaction from Mint? She's fine with public declarations of their love, so it must have been something pretty impressive.
PMEmail Poster
Neko_Len
Posted: Sep 19 2011, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

poe~poe~

QUOTE (Random Wanderer @ Sep 19 2011, 06:17 PM)
Sounds like it still needs some fine-tuning, but yes this is good news. Now I just need a way to get it.

Wow, how did you manage to get that reaction from Mint? She's fine with public declarations of their love, so it must have been something pretty impressive.

that would be spoilers.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Sep 23 2011, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

Azifu~ forever and always~
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 201

Let's note that cab agrees with me on the score Mint's route deserves, that is a sounding 9.5! Viva Wein and Lushati~ \o/
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Neko_Len
Posted: Sep 23 2011, 08:14 PM
Quote Post

poe~poe~

Tried sim mode with mint. F11 brings up the controls. takes some getting used to. her beams seem quite weak, however you can aim them anywhere, regardless of your frames facing. Range is...well, could be better, but then again im the kind of person in flight games to use Beyond Visual Range ordnance as a rule, or if im in a closer range setup, i lock and macross missile massacre and gun strafe. Her rate of fire is also quite poor, as her primary mode of attack are the drone beams.

Oh yea..watch your energy. afterburners, and excessive use burn it up quite fast.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Hisui
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 01:45 AM
Quote Post

the power of Azusa compels you

Member No.: 12633

As blasphemous as this sounds, I'm actually willing to wait until the final, bug-checked, grammar-checked version of the patch comes out. I am nothing if not patient these days, thanks largely to waiting for translations of games that will never happen and consoles I will never own.

Yeah, I'm probably going nowhere near Sim Mode. I hate flight simulators.

This post has been edited by Hisui on Sep 26 2011, 01:46 AM
PM
Sky_Paladin
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Reliable and trustworthy~

Group: Mafiosi
Member No.: 50545

I finished with Ranpha and then tried the sim mode. Whoah. I need joystick controls X_X

Being able to look behind you and jink away from shots is very helpful in keeping the girls alive, but my inability to actually hit anything hurts a lot more.

I was deeply impressed by the length of the campaign. I felt Moonlit lovers seemed very short, there was a part where I thought the game was about to end and then it went on for another two or so hours. Overall, it was quite satisfying.

I was going to do Mint's route next but apparently her story is the best. So I might save her for last smile.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IM
Random Wanderer
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

If someone can assure me that everything I need for gameplay is translated (including all aspects of the interface in combat and the combat chatter (and obviously all aspects of the story mode)) to an acceptable degree of accuracy, then I'll be ready to start playing. I don't want to wait for it to be 100% complete, because these things are NEVER 100% complete. I don't think even the translation for the original Galaxy Angel is considered 100% complete to this day.

This post has been edited by Random Wanderer on Sep 26 2011, 10:06 AM
PMEmail Poster
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Sky_Paladin @ Sep 26 2011, 04:45 PM)
I was going to do Mint's route next but apparently her story is the best. So I might save her for last smile.gif
IMHO, Ranpha's story is the best, but that's just me. OTOH, I considered Vanilla's to be the weakest. As I wrote:
QUOTE (OLF @ i.e. Olf Le Fol,Jun 15 2010, 03:29 AM)
Final scores:
  • Milfeuille: 9,
  • Mint: 9.5,
  • Vanilla: 7.5,
  • Chitose: 8.5,
  • Forte: 9,
  • Ranpha: 10.

That being said: ALL HAIL WEIN AND LUSHATI!!! \o/
Now that you played the game, you can probably see why I loved both of them (as individuals and a couple) so very much!!!
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Hisui
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Random Wanderer @ Sep 27 2011, 12:05 AM)
If someone can assure me that everything I need for gameplay is translated

As far as I'm aware, most of it has been translated, but parts of the combat interface still don't display properly, particularly at higher resolutions. I think the plan is for them to finally declare it Patch 1.0 instead of 0.98 once they get that fixed.

This post has been edited by Hisui on Sep 26 2011, 04:50 PM
PM
Random Wanderer
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 05:04 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

QUOTE (Hisui @ Sep 26 2011, 06:35 PM)
As far as I'm aware, most of it has been translated, but parts of the combat interface still don't display properly, particularly at higher resolutions.

Yeah, that's why I've held off for the moment. At the rate they've gone with this translation, I don't imagine it will take them too much longer to get that stuff cleaned up. I don't know if I'll need to wait as long as version 1.0, but I'll see how this turns out. If it takes more than another couple of weeks I'll probably just settle for the current version, so that I won't be discussing it too long after everyone else has already finished.
PMEmail Poster
Sky_Paladin
Posted: Sep 27 2011, 03:09 AM
Quote Post

Reliable and trustworthy~

Group: Mafiosi
Member No.: 50545

The only problems I have at the moment is that frequently text scrolls off the side of the screen (it's annoying, not catastrophic) and sometimes in combat, you'll have somebody saying, "Tact, ◘'╡'╚''►╤Eܿ║σ├!" which kind of breaks the flow a little.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IM
Hisui
Posted: Oct 8 2011, 09:42 PM
Quote Post

Patch progress now at 0.99. Seems like the folks behind it have given up on fixing the layout issues caused by higher resolutions, as well as certain hard to replicate bugs related to the battle commentary the Angels make.
PM
Random Wanderer
Posted: Oct 8 2011, 11:06 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

QUOTE (Hisui @ Oct 8 2011, 11:42 PM)
Seems like the folks behind it have given up on fixing the layout issues caused by higher resolutions

Before I figured out how to get my video drivers to not force the games into fullscreen on my widescreen monitor, this would have been a problem, but entirely for the sake of these games I went to great trouble (and finally succeeded in) finding exactly that. I should be able to get the game to run in its native resolution. That means there will be a wide black space surrounding the game window, but I'm totally fine with that. It's much better than having the characters stretched out and looking like they're all 80 pounds overweight.

This post has been edited by Random Wanderer on Oct 8 2011, 11:06 PM
PMEmail Poster
Neko_Len
Posted: Oct 9 2011, 03:59 AM
Quote Post

poe~poe~

QUOTE (Random Wanderer @ Oct 8 2011, 09:06 PM)
Before I figured out how to get my video drivers to not force the games into fullscreen on my widescreen monitor, this would have been a problem, but entirely for the sake of these games I went to great trouble (and finally succeeded in) finding exactly that. I should be able to get the game to run in its native resolution. That means there will be a wide black space surrounding the game window, but I'm totally fine with that. It's much better than having the characters stretched out and looking like they're all 80 pounds overweight.

add -w to the shortcuts target line. a space after the target line before the -w.It forces windowed mode.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Nov 2 2011, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

So, cab, how much did you play with the SIM mode? Did you reach the parts where you fight in the atmosphere and have to compensate for gravity and all?

P.S. Your image sig is too big.
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Hisui
Posted: Nov 2 2011, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol @ Nov 2 2011, 09:36 PM)
So, cab, how much did you play with the SIM mode?

Knowing him, he got distracted by shiny fighter jets in Ace Combat and forgot all about it.

In my case, I finally got tired of waiting for them to fix up all the grammatical and spelling errors in the translation which, I'm sure, will annoy me to no end once I spot them. Enjoyable so far, but progress has been slow due to various other things that require my attention.

I also found that I could not locate any way of uninstalling any of these games apart from deleting them manually. Curious.
PM
Random Wanderer
Posted: Nov 2 2011, 08:13 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

QUOTE (Hisui @ Nov 2 2011, 07:30 PM)
I also found that I could not locate any way of uninstalling any of these games apart from deleting them manually. Curious.

That used to be the way all games worked. Back before things insisted on adding their own content to the Windows registry, the only place a game existed was the directory you installed it to. It was expected that everyone knew enough about computers to just delete the directory when they were done forever with the game.

It sounds like I'd best get in on this before I'm left behind everyone else. Time to see about acquiring the game.

This post has been edited by Random Wanderer on Nov 2 2011, 08:14 PM
PMEmail Poster
Neko_Len
Posted: Nov 3 2011, 12:46 AM
Quote Post

poe~poe~

QUOTE (Hisui @ Nov 2 2011, 03:30 PM)
Knowing him, he got distracted by shiny fighter jets in Ace Combat and forgot all about it.

In my case, I finally got tired of waiting for them to fix up all the grammatical and spelling errors in the translation which, I'm sure, will annoy me to no end once I spot them. Enjoyable so far, but progress has been slow due to various other things that require my attention.

true, yes i have been flying the unfriendly skies.

aaaand battlefield 3 also just cam out, so yeah, ive been...distracted.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Random Wanderer
Posted: Nov 6 2011, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

Game is functional. Reactions, responses, opinions, reviews, questions, comments, and/or regurgitations shall be forthcoming.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot how much I LOVE seeing Ranpha when she's happy! *hugs*

This post has been edited by Random Wanderer on Nov 6 2011, 10:22 PM
PMEmail Poster
Neko_Len
Posted: Nov 7 2011, 12:28 AM
Quote Post

poe~poe~

between being sick, Battlefield 3, and Ace Combat:Assault Horizon, i have been neglecting the girls. need to fix that.

also i should work on GA color schemes for assault horizon....starting with Kung Fu Fighter, oddly, cuz i have the perfect plane...no armor to speak of, stupid agile and pretty damn quick.

This post has been edited by Neko_Len on Nov 7 2011, 12:43 AM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Random Wanderer
Posted: Nov 7 2011, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

For some reason I cannot get the movies to play in any resolution beyond the game's native resolution. The screen just goes black, and I hear the sounds but get no video. It pretty much requires me to play in windowed mode. That's all well and good for the story segments, but when it comes to combat everything is awfully small and hard to use at that scale...
PMEmail Poster
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Nov 7 2011, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Check/tweak/change the game video settings.
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Random Wanderer
Posted: Nov 7 2011, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

The in-game settings? They're all in Japanese still. I can't tamper with them because I don't know what they mean.

EDIT: Ok, I managed to set it to 1024 x 768 for combat settings... I think. Hard to tell for sure. Frankly there's still a lot of untranslated Japanese in here. I'm going to go dig up the most recent patch, just to make sure that's what I'm playing with.

This post has been edited by Random Wanderer on Nov 7 2011, 08:26 AM
PMEmail Poster
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Nov 7 2011, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Random Wanderer @ Nov 7 2011, 04:17 PM)
The in-game settings? They're all in Japanese still. I can't tamper with them because I don't know what they mean.
It's in there, though...

EDIT: Ok, I managed to set it to 1024 x 768 for combat settings... I think.
Mine, for instance, were 1280x960 for the SLG part. The AVG part can't go beyond 640x480 IIRC. After you've changed the settings, check the contents of your "GA_config.ini" file; you should have a [SCREEN_ADV] and a [SCREEN_SLG] entry with values... I'm not sure changing them manually works but you may try~

I cannot start my game since I need the DVD so I cannot check, but if you give me a screenshot, I may help and tell you where to click~
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll