l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (9) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Katawa Shoujo - Any New News?
Magister Aurelius
Posted: Mar 20 2011, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 28733

Has there been any news on the release of a full version of Katawa Shoujo? I was actually looking forward to this project.
PMEmail Poster
Nobuyuki
Posted: Mar 20 2011, 10:23 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 5723

Sometime this year is all they'll say.

Although story direction for 3 of the 5 girls is completed, it doesn't mean they've 40% to go.
PMEmail Poster
gekiganwing
Posted: Dec 15 2011, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 24936

The creators have confirmed January 4 2012 as a release date. Source: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4324
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Dec 15 2011, 08:23 PM
Quote Post

Azifu~ forever and always~
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 201

Swatty-sama! It may mean I should play Cartagra this month, as my winter game, in preparation for Kara no Shoujo~ (I'd rather play the game in Japanese but I think the English version should end up being cheaper...)
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
GVmanX
Posted: Dec 15 2011, 11:33 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 60515

QUOTE (gekiganwing @ Dec 15 2011, 07:57 PM)
The creators have confirmed January 4 2012 as a release date. Source: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4324

Good things do happen to those who wait!
PMEmail Poster
Nestor
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 12:11 AM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

Member No.: 24897

You can download the game now.
I haven't played any games in the past couple of years, but I'm downloading this. I figure I'll give it a whirl.
PMEmail Poster
omoikane
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 10:47 AM
Quote Post

♪mojimoji shite kimoi ne♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 14

how long does it take to go through each route by the way? trying to budget some time this week to do thissss
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOL
1337guard
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 04:04 PM
Quote Post

I will make you lewd

Member No.: 28632

QUOTE (omoikane @ Jan 4 2012, 11:47 AM)
how long does it take to go through each route by the way? trying to budget some time this week to do thissss

A good 7 hours or so.

I feel strange things playing this with pants on and it feels good. unsure.gif
PM
Nestor
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

I think I'm about halfway through the game. Largely dissatisfied with it. I always feel like I'm getting railroaded. Hey, I want to go to the library and flirt with hanako... NOPE you're going to go running. and then help foot girl with her painting. and go do this. and go do that.
PMEmail Poster
Ubiquitial
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 10:53 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 74144

QUOTE (Nestor @ Jan 4 2012, 07:23 PM)
I think I'm about halfway through the game. Largely dissatisfied with it. I always feel like I'm getting railroaded. Hey, I want to go to the library and flirt with hanako... NOPE you're going to go running. and then help foot girl with her painting. and go do this. and go do that.

All VNs in a single statement.
PMEmail Poster
Wonder Chicken
Posted: Jan 5 2012, 12:30 AM
Quote Post

~Makoto's Way~

Member No.: 33190

First Off, yay!

And secondly, Blind GIrl or Horribly Scarred Girl, either way ima jumping in!
PM
Laevatein
Posted: Jan 5 2012, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 64488

Halfway? You're only describing events from Act 1. You're only 1/4th of the way into the game by the time you see the animated FMV for the route you're taking.

Act 1 is the starting chapter where you set which route you're going to take, then if you've triggered enough flags, you'll proceed to the route of the girl you've "chosen" from Act 2 to Act 4, where the game then becomes to get to that girl's Good (True) Ending.

For Maximum Romance, I suggest doing the Lilly route last. Damn route so full of WAFF like you won't believe. wub.gif

This post has been edited by Laevatein on Jan 5 2012, 12:04 PM
PMEmail Poster
Remolg
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

Dem Thighhighs

Member No.: 51260

I've been seeing this game pop up every where the past couple of days. Might have to give it a try.

From what I've seen, Hanako (Scar) is very popular, but I think I'd prefer Shizune (Deaf-Dumb Kaichou). Most normal of the bunch appearance wise, probably one of the easier disabilities to cope with outside Lilly (No Eyes), and I do believe I saw her wearing thighhighs.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Wonder Chicken
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

~Makoto's Way~

Nothing says heart-attack like being a pack mule biggrin.gif

Thoughts so far; Scar route is both heart warming but railroads on cliche territory. Did the Pres route and found it rather unusual, plus with the added side bonus for sundry additions.

Personally, I like the Lilly route the best due to the complexion and her blue pajamas.
PM
Nestor
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

I know that I'm going to get a lot of shit for this, but I'm going to be the first to say that I didn't really like the Hanako route. Keep reading, I've got some pretty concise reasons for my dislike.

First, the MC comes off as a retarded white knight. The game railroads you into white-knighting her, and if it weren't for a couple of key points, you'd be "go away I hate you! lol ok FOREVERALONE.JPG go on message board BEACHES AND SHORES." So when he starts going on and on (and on and on and on) about how she needed to be coddled and protected I was throwing up in my mouth.

Secondly, she's a project. I don't mean the scars. the scarring is fine, I'd date her with or without scars, except that she is a project. When you date a girl with issues, you're not dating the girl, you're dating her issues. I've dated a few girls with issues, and they're not fun at all. In fact, they go out of their way to make sure you're not having fun at all, ever, for any reason. When he was trying to be nice to her and trying to draw her out of her shell, I was gritting my teeth.

I enjoyed walking around town with Lilly because she wasn't ridiculous high-maintenance and didn't need to be coddled and cozened to.

Hanako is nice and very sweet, but overall the stuff I mentioned is pretty off-putting.
PMEmail Poster
Ubiquitial
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Addict

QUOTE (Nestor @ Jan 6 2012, 02:08 PM)
I know that I'm going to get a lot of shit for this, but I'm going to be the first to say that I didn't really like the Hanako route. Keep reading, I've got some pretty concise reasons for my dislike.

First, the MC comes off as a retarded white knight. The game railroads you into white-knighting her, and if it weren't for a couple of key points, you'd be "go away I hate you! lol ok FOREVERALONE.JPG go on message board BEACHES AND SHORES." So when he starts going on and on (and on and on and on) about how she needed to be coddled and protected I was throwing up in my mouth.

Secondly, she's a project. I don't mean the scars. the scarring is fine, I'd date her with or without scars, except that she is a project. When you date a girl with issues, you're not dating the girl, you're dating her issues. I've dated a few girls with issues, and they're not fun at all. In fact, they go out of their way to make sure you're not having fun at all, ever, for any reason. When he was trying to be nice to her and trying to draw her out of her shell, I was gritting my teeth.

I enjoyed walking around town with Lilly because she wasn't ridiculous high-maintenance and didn't need to be coddled and cozened to.

Hanako is nice and very sweet, but overall the stuff I mentioned is pretty off-putting.

Did you get to the end? That bothered me quite a bit (though by eroge standards it was fairly sensible and tame, I mean, most the time it's just "Herp Derp I'm Emiya Shirou and I protect this girl from harm even though she's skilled at hand-to-hand combat and can fire lasers") Though I don't wanna spoil anything, they do address that point specifically.

This post has been edited by Ubiquitial on Jan 6 2012, 06:57 PM
PMEmail Poster
Nestor
Posted: Jan 7 2012, 12:02 AM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

QUOTE (Ubiquitial @ Jan 6 2012, 05:07 PM)
Did you get to the end?

I collected all of her ends. Her ero scene felt sort of stuck-on and her ending seemed sort of written off-handedly.
PMEmail Poster
Ubiquitial
Posted: Jan 7 2012, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Addict

QUOTE (Nestor @ Jan 7 2012, 12:02 AM)
I collected all of her ends. Her ero scene felt sort of stuck-on and her ending seemed sort of written off-handedly.

To each his own, I disliked the scene but found the ending rather effective. The whole white knight issue was resolved in my opinion, though not completely, but then what do you expect. Heard great things about lily and rin, starting one of them next.
PMEmail Poster
Nestor
Posted: Jan 7 2012, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

Went through Rin's arc last night. Lots of WORDS WORDS WORDS and LOL ECCENTRIC ARTIST.

I want to go through Lilly's arc, but I'm holding off. I'm having a tough time choosing Emi or Shizune. Well, if I go Shizune I'll be SHUT UP MISHA GOD and FUCKING FATASS MISHA GO EAT A STICK OF BUTTER and other such nonsensical utterances. (I really don't like Misha at all)
PMEmail Poster
wordwarrior
Posted: Jan 7 2012, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

~Super☆Affection~

Member No.: 57076

Done with Lilly, got both bad end and good end, in that order. Raged a little at the @#%# context part (she loves Hisao but she either leaves or stays, based on the very same facts and logic). Shit, even Akira gets better brains in the good end and doesn't have to dump her boyfriend.

So ... she takes to alcohol because she's half Scottish? Looool.

Off to do the Rin and Emi route. I have them saved each at the beginning of Act 2.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
Wonder Chicken
Posted: Jan 7 2012, 05:59 PM
Quote Post

~Makoto's Way~

QUOTE (Nestor @ Jan 7 2012, 12:02 PM)
I want to go through Lilly's arc, but I'm holding off. I'm having a tough time choosing Emi or Shizune. Well, if I go Shizune I'll be SHUT UP MISHA GOD and FUCKING FATASS MISHA GO EAT A STICK OF BUTTER and other such nonsensical utterances. (I really don't like Misha at all)

Stick it to Misha, you'll understand when you go through the arc. And there are several "interesting" characters from the arc that border on wanting to literally kick their ass, to plugging their ears with liquid metal.

Replayed the Hanako arc, and Nestor's rambling has taken a heavy toll on it. Also, the arc itself certainly felt shorter and less "stuffed" like the others.

I'll pick up the Emi route later tonight.
PM
Ubiquitial
Posted: Jan 7 2012, 09:16 PM
Quote Post

Addict

QUOTE (Wonder Chicken @ Jan 7 2012, 05:59 PM)

Replayed the Hanako arc, and Nestor's rambling has taken a heavy toll on it. Also, the arc itself certainly felt shorter and less "stuffed" like the others.

I dunno, I still don't see a whole lot of that retarded white knight shit. I mean, it's there, certainly, but Hanako's finest moments have always been those where she wasn't being quite as coddled. Besides, the entire point of that arc was that "moe sexism is bullshit, let the bitch handle her own stuff," so I view these issues I see them as more subversive and lending to character development than cliche.
PMEmail Poster
Remolg
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Dem Thighhighs

Member No.: 51260

QUOTE (wordwarrior @ Jan 7 2012, 05:06 PM)
she's half Scottish

She is now in contention.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Wonder Chicken
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 03:57 PM
Quote Post

~Makoto's Way~

Still working on Emi route, as KS suffers a retarded segfault error. I suspect the libPython gods are to blame. Just for note, I run a separate rolling release 32 bit distro for compatibility and it has been running pretty dandy till now.
PM
Ubiquitial
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Lilly arc was glorious. I mean, nothing at all like you would expect it to be. A tad cliche, but lovely nonetheless.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (9) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll