l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (17) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Megatokyo Campfire 2: School Days Part 4, The Rise and Fall of the Ripper
Grimblaze
Posted: Dec 21 2009, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 65047

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

You know the drill by now~
PMEmail PosterMSN
Elven Bookwyrm
Posted: Dec 21 2009, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 62653

Junko and Gabriel slid to a stop, barely a foot from each other, just inside the door to the dojo.

"Gabriel-sensei! I have some news I . . " She broke off as she saw Gabriel's battered and exhausted features, her rigid posture, too perfectly in-control.

"Oh my God, Gabriel! What happened? You look . ." She couldn't find a word that described what she could see, so she settled for " . . like hell."

Gabriel broke eye-contact and looked away. She cleared her throat, "Bad night. It's nothing."

"But that's not nothing! You . . did you have a fight? Or get attacked or something?" A vivid memory of the huge tiger leaping past her flashed in her mind.

"Junko, I...I really don't want to talk about it." Gabriel looked out the door, her desire to flee almost tangible. She looked back down and then grabbed Junko by the upper arms. She squeezed and lifted, turning to set the girl down out of the way. Walking quickly away, she made it to the door and swung it open. Gabriel froze. She could see Patrick sitting on the curb. Junko had been furiously following her, and the girl peered over her shoulder. Seeing Patrick, she scowled and grabbed Gabriel's hand.

"Come on," Junko tugged, dragging Gabriel towards the dinning room. She propelled the taller woman inside and then slid the screen door shut behind them. "What is going on?!"

Gabriel pulled away and walked over to the other side of the room. "It's... not been a good couple of days...."

Junko paused, considering. "Okay, what have you done? What has HE done?" Another pause. "I can't believe you let him hurt you." she added, with disbelief.

Gabriel dragged her hands across her head, fingers digging into her scalp. "He... didn't hurt me." She half-turned. <This is insane. What... what...> "What have I done?" She laughed. "What haven't I done...." Gabriel rubbed at her hair again, Junko noticing dark handprints begining to show on her forearms.

Junko frowned. "I don't know," she said, darkly, "why don't you tell me? It looks like whatever it was you lost badly."

Gabriel leaned into the wall, sliding down and turning so she ended up sitting with her back to it. Head on knees, Gabriel pounded her fists into the floor. She sat straight, looking blankly at the opposite wall. "Yesterday was the anniversary of my sister's suicide and the day I set aside for remembering all the people I have killed, all the innocents I could not help." Her voice was completely blank. "I... Stuff kinda crashed on me, and I started drinking again, for the first time in years. That broke through my already rather weakened control, and I lost it.... I would have killed myself if Miho hadn't of shown up at my flat." She paused. "Patrick figured it out this morning when he saw me. He... said some stuff, true stuff, just to me, but something set Smith off, and then Sakaki heard Pat and figured it out... And I came so close to losing control again... So yeah, bad couple of days." Her head thudded into the wall, her eyes closing.

Junko stared at Gabriel, with so many conflicting emotions running through her mind that she scarcely knew what to say. She was frightened to see Gabriel like this, terrified even that she might have managed to harm herself, even kill herself and that she, Junko, had known nothing about it. There was a huge sense of relief that Gabriel was still here, still kicking out, even if it was with just a shadow of her normal strength. There was a sense of shame that this might somehow, impossibly be her fault and then a surge of anger that Gabriel had managed to make her feel ashamed and frightened and all those other feelings. She dropped to her knees alongside the older woman and, so, so gently, put her arms around her shoulders, whispering into her hair as she did so, over and over, “I’m sorry, I’m so, so sorry.”

Gabriel stiffened, and then slid her arms around Junko. Brushing a hand over her hair, Gabriel said softly, "Hush, hush. Com'on now, you have nothing to be sorry for. It's just, a little complicated. When things get bad and I lose control... It's a bit like the battle rage...." <God, Patrick was right... I really wasn't thinking was I... Oh, god... One more mistake to add to the list....>

Miho regarded them from the entrance to the dining room. She had wanted Gabriel to find someone to talk to; someone besides herself. Why? Why did she have to talk with Junko? Empty night... Despite her self-control, a spike of jealousy from Miho caused Gabriel to look up and notice her.

This post has been edited by Elven Bookwyrm on Dec 21 2009, 06:34 PM
PM
RedWolf4
Posted: Dec 21 2009, 08:31 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 67271

Patrick was completely oblivious to the world around him as he sat on the gutter, staring through the bitumen on the street. Myriad thoughts and feelings rippled throughout his body, a lit cigarette in his hand slowly burning away, gradually turning into a long thin finger of ash. A gust of wind blew down the street, carrying with it the threat of rain and thunder, taking the ash with it, swirling like memories in his past.

<"I had no right.">, he barely whispered to himself.

----------

<"I had no goddamn right at all.">

He sat in the back of a van, drinking from a bottle of clear liqour, the flash of lightning and thunder occasionally cutting through the steady patter of rain that slashed down out of the clouds tonight, cutting streams through the frosting on the windows like tears. he looked out the windows, watching as a steady line of traffic crept pass on a nearby highway, the same scene he'd been watching for a good hour now after the bar whose carpark he was in had manged to finally throw him out after the fight he had caused had wound down, the bouncers beating and stomping on him, and he had just laid there and took it. The hurt he felt had been dulled by the real pain of fractures and lacerations at first, but then it had come back worse than ever. Everytime he closed his eye's, he could see the flames, and horrible screams echoed in his head, never relenting in their calls for him. He sat back sobbing now, thrusting his fist in the cold steel floor until the pain was unbearable. He rolled to his side, curled into a ball, rocking back and forth as thunder and lightning crashed, illuminating a shape under the front seats. He stared at it for a little while as he realised what it was, that it was the rifle that she had bought with her from the clinic. He'd laughed at her when she had put it there, wondering why she would bring such an old bolt action with her, but she had just ignored him. They hadn't had to use it, and now it just sat there, as though it was waiting for him. Slowly he reached out and wrapped his hand around it, dragging it towards him as his heart pound like a drum, drowning out everything in his conciousness, even her screams. He sat up now, shaking slightly in anticipation of . . . something, he didn't now what. Trembling hands worked the action on the rifle slowly, the lethal bullet filling the chamber with a snick of finality. It lay across his knees now, a long dark shape that filled his hands with a sense of purpose and strange comfort. His finger curled around the trigger now, the other hand raising the muzzle of the rifle to a point under his chin, wavering back and forth as he shivered in the cold van. Then, on a whim, he pulled the trigger.

Fire filled his vision, and his ears ruptured from the sound, then it all went black.

He woke, and he could see nothing but grey. He floated. . somewhere, he had no clothes, and it was cold, so cold. he could see himself, his hands and his body, but nothing else. He called out into the murk, trying to gain some point of recognition, something he could hold onto and use to fight back this overwhelming sense of helplessness that seemed to nibble all around his soul, laughing at him. He twisted and turned frantically in the grey nothingness that surrounded him until he could take no more and went fetal, his head in his knees and sobs wracking his body. Out loud he wondered if this was hell, if he was dead.

A hand caressed his head, and he looked up in shock. It was her, beautiful just as he remembered her, smiling at him and telling him not to cry, that everything was ok now, cupping his face in her hands and kissing deeply, wiping away tears and fears and worries as she did so, slowly embracing him and drawing him in closer to her, chasing away the cold and helplessness as she did so. For a while there was nothing but the feel each others skin on their bodies, the sounds of little gasps and cries in each others ears, then the sense of contentment of just being there with one another floating in the grey, curled in each others arms, because with each other nothing seemed so bad. They stayed like this for what seemed to be ages, an eternity even, until finally she broke the silence with her sweet voice.

<"You know you'll die if you stay here.">

<"I do.">

<"But you don't really care, do you?">

<"I don't.">

<"Patrick. .I ..">

<"I don't care, Katrina, I'm here with you now, and it's all I ever want. Don't you want that?">

She turned to him now, hands light upon his chest, and looked up at his eyes, hers sad now, tearful.

<"Patrick, I'm just another dream now.">

And she pushed him away.

And he fell.

Fell back to the reality that hurt so much without her.

----------

Patrick walked back into the Dojo, stepping up to the table that Seraphim was still sitting at, then he noticed the state the room was in, and the eye's all staring at him, the silence almost deafening.

<"What happened in here Seraphim?">, he asked her quietly.

She related the events that had occurred after he left the Dojo, and suddenly he needed to sit, falling heavily on his ass as it sunk in what had almost happened.

Seraphim fluttered down to his shoulder and asked him, <"Patrick, what did you say to her to cause all that hurt? I heard your client yell something but didn't quite catch it.">

Patrick glanced at her and said, <"Nothing that concerns you, but basically I got shocked about her condition and I said some pretty outta line things. Do you know where she went?"> he asked, a panicked concern for her creeping into his voice, wondering if he'd pushed her too far.

<"She's fine, she's just in the dining room with a couple of the kids.">, she whispered, feeling the tension in his shoulders leave as he relaxed.

<"Thank God. I . .I guess I should go in there and apologize, right?">

<"Yes, but, just leave her for a little while, let her work out what's going first, don't rush in.">

<"Are you sure?">

<"Yeah, I'm sure.">

<"Ok.">

With that he turned back to all the staring face's, waiting for one of them to say. .

Say something.

This post has been edited by RedWolf4 on Dec 22 2009, 02:11 AM
PMEmail Poster
maldrul
Posted: Dec 22 2009, 09:33 AM
Quote Post

wandering idiot kitsune

Member No.: 23343

After Maldrul was satisfied with the healing he had performed on John, he got up and walked over to Junpei. "Could you tell me exactly what happened?" Junpei whispered quietly into Maldrul's ear as he nodded, then started to frown. "I see, thank you, Sensei."

Maldrul walked over to where Kira had Smith pinned to the wall. "I invited you here for training and friendly sparring to help this group to defend itself from outside attackers. We do not need for members of this group to be attacking and injuring each other. I am afraid I will have to ask you two to leave, now!" Maldrul then signed what he had just said as he stood right in front of Kira, then he raised his arm and pointed to the door of the dojo.
PMEmail Poster
magi_wildcard
Posted: Dec 22 2009, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 65775

Red felt the surge under himself, under his own mind as Blue and Orange tussled. Maelstrom was still, but only because he was trying to calm Blue down, and get a handle on their current situation.

He nodded at the foxboy, his body devoid of emotion.

"Very well. Once the young miss let's me down."

--------------------------------

Maelstrom and the grey one helped Blue stand up, while he looked at his orange opposite. "What is he?" he asked Maelstrom.

"<I can't tell you.>" Smith gave him a funny look. "<I can't. It's one of those things. I can't...>"

"Fine. Whatever. I'll just kill it and be done." He started to step forward, cracking his knuckles.

A hand stopped him, and a shadowy old face looked at him, shaking its head. "Not a good idea, boyo. He'll murder you. We'll take care of this."

The old guy stepped forward, holding out his hand while Maelstrom morphed from the black coat wearing man into the familiar black katana form Smith had met him in. Smith watched while the old guy ran toward Orange, using the signs around him to bounce around, making his movements nearly incomprehensible. Orange had not chance. He was knocked away and smashed so far away with one strike that Smith couldn't see him anymore.

"<Sugoi...>" Smith said, completely stunned. "Who are you?" he asked the grey, old man.

"I'm who you wanna be when you grow up. Except I'm already old." The man yawned and then winked. "Well, I'm all kinds of tired, now. I guess I'll go put Orange back where he goes. Take care of him, Maelstrom!" He waved, good naturally, while Smith stared, unsure what to think. Then he felt himself moving forward, as though falling, and he was feeling very, very angry about Kira sticking him to the wall.

---------------------------

"On second thought, I'll just let myself down." Smith's eye was blue again, but he was clearly unhappy. He dropped Maelstrom, ripped forward, losing his hands, but reconnected them on the other side of her barrier, while catching Maelstrom. He made a similar move with his feet, and then he was whole, physically, and grinning wickedly at Maldrul.

"Sorry about that, Patrick, ole mate, Guy-sama. We should have a spar when I'm not going a little crazy. In the meantime..." Smith continued to stare at Maldrul. He thought he saw something there in his eyes, behind his quiet fury. He was left with a simple choice.

And of course, he knew what he would do.

"Thanks for the memories, Mal-kun. Of course, if you start to go a little crazy too, at least you'll know who to call." It was a shot in the dark, really, but Smith wanted to prick the fox boy just a little bit.

He turned away and started toward the door, his disturbing grin fixed on his face, but absent from his eye. As he passed each person, he looked up at them, flashing his grin to show them that he didn't want to be talked to or messed with. He wasn't in his right mind, right then, though he couldn't fully understand why. While he knew what it was like to be insane, he couldn't remember fully when the last time he had broken was. It felt like a very long time ago, before he could remember.

When he got to the door, after that long, long walk through the crowd of various emotions and levels of disapproval, he turned around and looked at Maldrul's eyes straight on. He felt a little of the madness come up under his mind, but he pushed it aside. He wanted to freak Maldrul out a little, make him realize what he was putting outside in the streets of Japan.

"Later then, Mal-kun," he said, his voice dripping perhaps a little more rage than he had intended. He dind't wait for Kira. He was too pissed off. He ran straight ahead and jumped onto a wall, ran along it and slammed his body into overdrive. When he was a few miles away, he stopped looked at the sky, and roared as loud as he could.

Far off, perhaps, some thought it was merely thunder.

This post has been edited by magi_wildcard on Dec 22 2009, 12:48 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Grimblaze
Posted: Dec 22 2009, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

Member No.: 65047

Kira watched as Smith walked away and the kitsune made hand signs. She glared to Maldrul then, her hands raising up to make the signs for one swift sentence before she stormed out after Smith, "I'm mute not deaf you dumbass". Once she was outside she watched as Smith raced off and closed her eyes as she clenched her fists tight. Walking quickly down the street she entered an ally before her form shifted to the ethereal plane and she began to move through the walls heading swiftly for her home.

As she entered her apartment a short time later the same chill covered her as she had gotten at the coffee shop. She dropped the bear to the ground as she watched the crone, Baba Yaga, rise from the couch and walk past her. The old lady stopped at her shoulder with a chuckle, "you know that our lord will not be happy about this. He will find out, and you will be reminded what you owe him. You will forget that boy and whatever you have learned. The past is best kept hidden." Kira whipped around firing a sonic burst which blew apart her door but Baba Yaga no longer stood there. The Banshee Ground her teeth together as she returned to the material realm, glaring at the broken door.

This post has been edited by Grimblaze on Dec 22 2009, 06:01 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN
DB_Explorer
Posted: Dec 22 2009, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 64806

David glanced around the group as they stared at Patrick before coughing and getting their attention. "Maybe we should head to sparring practice?" He glanced toward the dinning room. "- Those of us that are ready at least. Maldrul did do us the kindness of bringing a ninja to help teach us."

This post has been edited by DB_Explorer on Dec 22 2009, 01:31 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Ryo0955
Posted: Dec 22 2009, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 61334

In. Out. In. Out.

Sakaki was leaning on a nearby wall and needed to calm herself down. Gabriel had almost scared her to death. Literally.

Those eyes were so… she didn't know how to describe them. But there was something else about the eyes, like they had felt something she would never hope (or want) to feel. It shook her up so much that she was 'un-shaken' from everything else. There was only her and those eyes; if looks could kill, those eyes alone could have cleaned house in a manner of seconds.

She shook her head and focused on why those eyes looked so feral. It was… it was that look, wasn't it? Is that the look she gets in her eyes when she goes completely berserk? I… She continued shaking her head. Just… Wow.

She halfheartedly looked at Smith and the 'maid girl' as they left the premises. She didn't know what to say about that. She didn't know if she should say anything.

"Jeez, I dunno how much more I can take; I seriously need some Pepsi…"

And she needed something else; something to pass the time; something to distract her from everything that had been going on around her. Something-

"Maybe we should head to sparring practice? - Those of us that are ready, at least. Maldrul did do us the kindness of bringing a ninja to help teach us."

-like that.

"Sure, all right. We all need to let off some steam, don't we?" she responded as she walked over to the kitchen in search for her soft drink. "Hey, I call dibs on the ninja, all right?"
--
The monkey was sorta skittish at the time; he didn't seem to approach Taro, even though Taro wanted him to. He didn't have anyone else there at the time.

After a while of odd outbursts from the main room, Sakaki walked in. She looked a touch out of it and was holding her head oddly.

"Suzu-, <eto>, Sakaki, <daijoubu desu ka>?"

"I… I think I'll be OK. You happen to know if they have any Pepsi around here?"
PMUsers Website
maldrul
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 07:47 AM
Quote Post

wandering idiot kitsune

QUOTE (Ryo0955 @ Dec 22 2009, 02:13 PM)
"I… I think I'll be OK. You happen to know if they have any Pepsi around here?"

Momoko turned toward Sakaki "No, dear, sorry. But we do have some delicious peach nectar in the refridgerator."

Meanwhile Maldrul approached Patrick. "Sensei told me what you said to Gabriel. I'm afraid my healing ability cannot heal her internal wounds, nor yours for that matter. I was hoping that the two of you might be able to help each other, but I'm not so sure now. She needs you to be supportive, not judgemental. Trying to make her feel guilty about her suicide attempt wasn't a smart move." Maldrul looked at the closed door to the dining room that Gabriel, Junko and Miho had walked through then he looked back at Patrick. "By the look on your face, I'd say you've already figured that out. When she comes back out, I think you know what you need to do."

This post has been edited by maldrul on Dec 23 2009, 07:48 AM
PMEmail Poster
RedWolf4
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

"I wasn't trying to make her feel guilty, Mal, I . . I don't know what I was trying to make her feel. I just lost control, big time, so yeah, I know what I gotta do, but for now, I think you were all here to learn some self defense I believe, am I correct in this assessment?", Patrick replied to Maldrul in fair Japanese, deciding he should really start practising if he was gonna be a teacher, and stood up and placed a hand on his shoulder.

He looked around at the gathered Coalition members and continued, "As some of you may already know, my name is Patrick O'Shea, and I'm a associate of Maldrul's. What you don't know is that I'm an ex-SASR mercenary, and that I've been hired in response to the Yakuza threat to Mr. Taro and Mrs. Sakaki. I have over nine years worth of combat experience in some of the worlds most dangerous battlefields, places like Colombia, the Congo, Chechnya. I will also be a Gym Teacher at the SDHS come this monday, so I thought I'd take the time to get to know some of you guys, see what you're capable of, and try to get Ideas for a lesson plan."

He scratched at the back of his head nervously as he glanced from face to face, then turned to Junpei and Maldrul.

"So what did you two have cooked up for today?"
PMEmail Poster
Elven Bookwyrm
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

[Meanwhile, in the dinning room...]

Junko felt Gabriel stiffen in reaction and looked up and around. Her tear-stained gaze locked with Miho and she too froze.

“What did you do?” she said, hoarsely. “What happened?” She shook her head, trying to focus. “No, it’s done. You were there, that’s what matters.” She hesitated. “That, tha-- Thanks.”

“And you,” she said, sitting back on her heels to look at Gabriel once again, “you tell me I shut people out. What a mess! And that guy out there - Patrick - I s’pose he was trying to fix things? I hear that’s what guys do, anyway. It’ll be a miracle if he doesn’t wonder why he bothered or worse.” She sniffed angrily and crossed her arms then uncrossed them and carefully hugged Gabriel once more.

“What am I going to do with you?” she whispered. Or without you came the mocking thought, unbidden.

Gabriel's eyes closed, Patrick's voice echoing in her mind. <"...they would be wounded, just like you were, and who knows, years from now, maybe Junko would try to follow you, or maybe Miho..."> She felt like a hand was squeezing her heart, a physical pain in her chest. <"And Liz would be disappointed too, I think."> Suddenly, she hugged Junko tight, briefly, before pulling her feet in and standing up, pulling Junko up with her. She gently pushed Junko away, hands on her shoulders. <Pat was right...> "You aren't going to do a thing." Gabriel raised a hand and wiped the tears from the girl's cheeks. "I'm going to try and get my act together and remember that no one exists in a vacuum." She smiled, managing to force confidence and hope into her expression and her aura.

Raising her eyes, Gabriel looked past Junko to Miho. "I should go make an appearance out there; might as well get it over with." Gathering her slowly returning reserves of energy, she formed a weak probe and sent it to Miho. No one exists in a vacuum... Face the past, or it will haunt you. After giving Junko's shoulders one more squeeze, Gabriel slipped around her and walked over to the door. She reached around Miho to open the door and then slid through the opening, closing the door behind her. <Once more unto the breach...>

---

She paused in the doorway to the dojo, hand on the frame. <Okay, deep breaths. Oh god...>
PM
maldrul
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

wandering idiot kitsune

QUOTE (RedWolf4 @ Dec 23 2009, 08:26 AM)
He scratched at the back of his head nervously as he glanced from face to face, then turned to Junpei and Maldrul.

"So what did you two have cooked up for today?"

Junpei stepped forward. <"Ru-tan's lesson today is 'Ninja Mirror', a defensive technique against magical attacks. Junpei show others Ninja Stealth kata..."> Junpei motioned to the long sheet of rice paper laid out on the floor. <"Good for balance, strength and concentration.">

Maldrul then spoke up. "And I was also going to take the group to my dojo for some teamwork exercises again."

As Gabriel stepped out of the dining room, everyone got quiet and Maldrul gave Patrick a knowing look and jutted his chin in Gabriel's direction.
PMEmail Poster
Elven Bookwyrm
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

[backtracking a bit, bear with me]

Akito watched as the situation slid from happy to tense to explosive. He sighed. Stupid humans. From the way the foreigner who smelled faintly of smoke stood close to the one who saw too much, he at least had a right to react to her weakness and the scent of blood. Guitar boy's reaction showed exactly why Akito had refused to hunt down the zoo animals with him: the fool human did not think. The dark foreigner certainly had strong instincts, but something about his focus seemed unnatural. And guitar boy had upset Kira when his body language changed. Akito did not like that Kira was upset. In fact, he almost followed her when she left, but something suggested to him that his presence would be unwelcome.

The one who smelled of smoke returned, the scent stronger now, and they began to gather and to move. It seemed that fighting lessons with the hidden one were the point of this entire meeting.

Suddenly, he felt the room change. He glanced over and saw the one who sees too much standing in the doorway, her posture uncertain but strong, her knuckles white as her raised hand gripped the door frame.

------

Her eyes swept the room. She swallowed. Squaring her jaw, Gabriel caught Patrick's gaze and held it. A few moments later, she curled her fingers into a fist against the frame, tapped lightly with her knuckles, and dropped her hand. A slight gesture with her chin, eyes still locked with his, and then Gabriel turned away. She walked to the front door, glancing back once.

Outside, she plopped down on the curb, legs stretched out into the empty street. There were sticks and leaves collected in the gutter; Gabriel began idly, nervously breaking them into smaller and smaller pieces as she waited.
PM
RedWolf4
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 08:28 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Patrick turned as Maldrul jerked his head in the direction of the Dining room, and when he saw Gabriel, her eyes locked with his, she nodded her head towards the street, pausing as she walked out the door to glance back at him, an action that stilled him for a little before he brushed past Maldrul and stepped through the door and into the street again. He saw Gabriel sitting there on the curb, crumbling leaves and twigs in her hands and nervously sat next to her, leaning forwards on his knees. They sat there for a little while, neither speaking or acknowledging the other, the tension palpable int the air, until it was too much.

<"I'm sorry.">

<"The things that I said. . . I . .I had no right, no right at all, to say the things I said in there, to hurt you like that. I didn't mean to . .to say, anything really, I just lost control, and for that, I'm sorry.">
PMEmail Poster
DB_Explorer
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

QUOTE (maldrul @ Dec 23 2009, 10:38 AM)
Junpei stepped forward. <"Ru-tan's lesson today is 'Ninja Mirror', a defensive technique against magical attacks...>

David looked towards Maldrul “Maldrul no offense to your Ninja but I don’t think now is the best time to learn something that requires fine emotional control, and considering the recent events perhaps we should move on to team exercises. Blow off some steam and stress; you know.”

“Your little world is mainly a meadow right? Well instead of learning a new skill that would take weeks to get right we could do something like capture the flag. That will allow everyone to get use to working with each other and their fighting styles. Furthermore due to the open terrain we can have your ninja give us advice on stealth tactics.” He took a second to catch his breath. “How’s that sound for a plan?”

This post has been edited by DB_Explorer on Dec 23 2009, 09:02 PM
Ryo0955
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 61334

"No, dear, sorry. But we do have some delicious peach nectar in the refrigerator."

Peach nectar?

"Sure, why not?" she replied. She decided to get it herself: she opened the refrigerator door, reached in to nab the whole pitcher from there, made sure it was open, and proceeded to drink the entire pitcher-full of strange-looking drink.

Momoko took this in stride, merely chuckling. "My, you were thirsty, weren't you?"

Sakaki sighed once she finished the pitcher. "Well, I needed a pick-me-up," she responded. She then winked at Momoko as she continued: "Thanks for your generosity, ma'am. C'mon, Taro, better see what the rest of them are up to."

"<Hai.>"
--
Sakaki walked into the group as they were discussing what they were planning to do for today (something about 'capture-the-flag' at the moment). She looked sort of okay, but not completely, like her <genki>-ness had been muted to an extent. Taro looked like he was trying to keep attention away from himself; he didn't look as affected because he had left before things really happened.

The pair simply strode in; Sakaki asked the nearest person in a sorta-hushed voice, "Hey, did I miss anything?"
PMUsers Website
maldrul
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 10:03 PM
Quote Post

wandering idiot kitsune

QUOTE (DB_Explorer @ Dec 23 2009, 08:43 PM)

David looked towards Maldrul “Maldrul no offense to your Ninja but I don’t think now is the best time to learn something that requires fine emotional control, and considering the recent events perhaps we should move on to team exercises. Blow off some steam and stress; you know.”

“Your little world is mainly a meadow right? Well instead of learning a new skill that would take weeks to get right we could do something like capture the flag. That will allow everyone to get use to working with each other and their fighting styles. Furthermore due to the open terrain we can have your ninja give us advice on stealth tactics.” He took a second to catch his breath. “How’s that sound for a plan?”

Maldrul and Junpei looked at each other then Maldrul addressed David. "First of all, Junpei is not 'my' ninja, he is my Sensei. I do as he instructs. And as I said, the plan is to travel to my dojo for team exercises after you all have warmed up with Sensei's kata. I have a different exercise to perform while you and the rest get to do that. Believe me, the centering and self control technique should calm the group down a bit so that when we get to the team exercise, we won't be sloppy and possibly hurt someone."

Junpei looked David up and down. "<Junpei go easy on coalition members. Not all are disciplined enough for advanced technique.>"
PMEmail Poster
DB_Explorer
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

QUOTE (maldrul @ Dec 23 2009, 11:03 PM)
Maldrul and Junpei looked at each other then Maldrul addressed David. "First of all, Junpei is not 'my' ninja, he is my Sensei. I do as he instructs. And as I said, the plan is to travel to my dojo for team exercises after you all have warmed up with Sensei's kata. I have a different exercise to perform while you and the rest get to do that. Believe me, the centering and self control technique should calm the group down a bit so that when we get to the team exercise, we won't be sloppy and possibly hurt someone."

David nodded “My apologies on the misidentification; but what I was referring to was the ‘ninja mirror’ technique you mentioned, not the kata. I am worried that during this time, we may have to deal with many potential threats in the near future. You are wasting useful resources, like your sensei, on something that, while useful, won’t provide dividends for some time. Detailing the the fundamentals of the ninja arts and basic infiltrations tactics would be more useful immediately."

QUOTE (maldrul @ Dec 23 2009, 11:03 PM)
Junpei looked David up and down. "<Junpei go easy on coalition members. Not all are disciplined enough for advanced technique.>"

David looked up at the ninja; who was tall even by his standards. “Of course; not all of us are ninja, or even trained in the martial arts and I thank you for the consideration sir”

This post has been edited by DB_Explorer on Dec 23 2009, 10:54 PM
Lacronton
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 11:56 PM
Quote Post

404 Error (Not) Found

Member No.: 62150

QUOTE (Ryo0955 @ Dec 23 2009, 09:15 PM)

Sakaki asked the nearest person in a sorta-hushed voice, "Hey, did I miss anything?"

"Only Maldrul kickin Smith out and Kira storming off to follow." Wayne replied in the same hushed tone. Grinning at her slight jump he then asked her a question. "You okay? It looked like sensei was trying not to hurt you despite her instincts."

---------
[MegaGamers, Piro and Largo’s apartment]
[same day]

Ping slowly woke up, but continued to lay in the small nest of cardboard boxes that made up her private area for the large single room apartment. Pulling her blanket closer, she wondered why she felt strange, ever since the spat she had had with Miho at school over a week ago. It wasn’t an error code, but nor was it any of her various emotional sub-routines either.

’Maybe Piro-kun would know,’ she though, sitting up. But just as she thought of that, she remembered what had happened to him. Largo was still recovering from the injuries dealt to him by Piro, yet he continued to search for him. “The fool, he has gone and unleashed his monster” was what the subtitle had read, but then again, it might have been a mistranslation on the Tr4n51337’s part. Even after Piro had worked on it, it still had trouble with ‘leet.’

Sighing, she laid back down, still not feeling like getting up. Meanwhile, her phone, which had been performing a net-wide search on the dpsn59.exe file that she had found, had stopped . The SONY page it was displaying had it labeled as a depression file, subcategory guilt. It was for production-line SEVS units, and according to the site, it had not been leaked, it had been stolen.
PMEmail Poster
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Dec 24 2009, 12:22 AM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Member No.: 40427

((You saw nothing........))

This post has been edited by HatsuharuZ on Dec 24 2009, 12:45 AM
PMEmail Poster
maldrul
Posted: Dec 24 2009, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

wandering idiot kitsune

QUOTE (DB_Explorer @ Dec 23 2009, 10:48 PM)

David nodded “My apologies on the misidentification; but what I was referring to was the ‘ninja mirror’ technique you mentioned, not the kata. I am worried that during this time, we may have to deal with many potential threats in the near future. You are wasting useful resources, like your sensei, on something that, while useful, won’t provide dividends for some time. Detailing the the fundamentals of the ninja arts and basic infiltrations tactics would be more useful immediately."

"Oh, I'm way beyond those lessons. And Sensei has already shown me what I have to do today. I am just waiting until everybody else is ready so that I can perform the exercises he has shown me while he coaches the rest of you in the kata. That will probably take less than an hour. Then we will all move to my dojo and work up a team exercise. I'm hoping that Junko, Gabriel and Patrick will provide some direction as to what would be best to help us learn how to work together."

QUOTE (DB_Explorer @ Dec 23 2009, 10:48 PM)

David looked up at the ninja; who was tall even by his standards. “Of course; not all of us are ninja, or even trained in the martial arts and I thank you for the consideration sir”

Junpei bowed slightly to David. Then he looked around the room. "<Is this all of coalition that coming, Ru-tan?>"

Maldrul looked around. "Tohya-san and Junko-san are in the dinning room, Patrick and Gabriel-sensei are out front, Smith and Nobouyashi-san have left so that leaves Teramoto-san. Sonoda-san, do you know if Teramoto-san will be coming?"
PMEmail Poster
RedWolf4
Posted: Dec 24 2009, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

((OOC: Look!! It's another Collab from the minds of Elven and Red!! We promise we'll let someone else do huge collabs soon, but for now we're just having too much fun!! God I love working with that girl.))

Patrick turned as Maldrul jerked his head in the direction of the Dining room, and when he saw Gabriel, her eyes locked with his, she nodded her head towards the street, pausing as she walked out the door to glance back at him, an action that stilled him for a little before he brushed past Maldrul and stepped through the door and into the street again. He saw Gabriel sitting there on the curb, crumbling leaves and twigs in her hands and nervously sat next to her, leaning forwards on his knees. They sat there for a little while, neither speaking or acknowledging the other, the tension palpable int the air, until it was too much.

<"I'm sorry.">

<"The things that I said. . . I . .I had no right, no right at all, to say the things I said in there, to hurt you like that. I didn't mean to . .to say, anything really, I just lost control, and for that, I'm sorry.">

Gabriel drew in one leg, placing her elbow on her knee and leaning her head on her hand to look sideways at him. She clicked her tongue, "<Well, you certainly could use some practice with the whole tact thing...>" She studied him for a while, the dark evidence of his grip hardening the cloth of her shirt, grim lines forming the shadow of his hand clear on the gray cotton. "<Truth, no matter how indelicate, or out of line, is truth. And it usually hurts.>" Her voice was soft, thoughtful. <And damn it still, for all the 'good' it does.>

"<I wasn't in much of a place to be remembering the things you reminded me of -- the kids, namely. And to be frank, no matter how many times you've held a pistol to your head, or settled down with your rifle and your vodka, you don't know anything about the place I was in last night. You couldn't. Don't go looking at me like that, it's the simple truth.>" Gabriel shifted her head to rest her chin in her palm instead of her cheek, staring out across the street. "<You saw me come out of that warehouse. I was still fighting when Miho found me, I don't know if you knew that. And I would have kept fighting 'til every single person in that building was dead, or until they killed me. That's the battle rage, and not even the full rage. It makes me stronger, faster, it makes the pain so distant I honestly don't even notice. And it won't let me go until the end or until I can banish it. I've pushed it back for so long, when it gets free it's very difficult to force back in it's cage.>" She paused again, carefully relaxing muscles in her shoulders that had tightened instinctively at the mere thought of the rage.

"<I tried going for a ride yesterday; usually it helps, having something else, something physical to focus on. But not this time. These last few weeks, the fighting, watching a doppleganger shaped like one of the girls -- Mami -- take a knife to the heart, these kids, y-->" Gabriel's eyes flicked sideways. "<You. It stirred up a lot. My control had been weakening since the first attack, and something weird going on has been keeping my Senses on high alert constantly: I've been getting more and more exhausted. As I rode, the old fears, the pain, the guilt, not just for Liz but for everything I've done, it all started slipping 'round the edges. By the time I made it back to town, I was sliding. There was a liquor store: just cheap stuff. It had been so long since I really drank: I can just manage a taste here, a taste there. But it all felt so damn much like those first few years... I went in and grabbed a bottle. The next store I grabbed two. And on and on. Eventually it was the Cave: I drank until one fellow firmly suggested I leave. I don't remember how much, then or later, but I do remember buying every single bottle of alcohol I could find, making trips back and forth to the loft with whole crates. I got about as near to drunk as is physically possible for me, the last fibers of my control gone. Why? Because once that control slipped, just an inch, just a hair, the rage could sneak in. For me, there is no sitting with the pistol in my lap, no muzzle under my chin, no decision. Lose control, and the rage finds an enemy: me, in this case. No stopping 'til the end, or 'til I regain control. And remember, the best way to take a fort is from the inside out.>"

Patrick sighed a little after that last comment about forts, then sat back, hands on the pavement.

<"Its true, I don't know what it's like to have that sort of trance, the one where you lose all thought except your rage, your anger, your hate, but it doesn't mean you can't talk about it to the people who care for you. Bottling up like you did, that's not healthy, especially for someone who has to walk the tightrope between extremes like you do. Those kids in there, they're smarter than most adults I know, I think they can handle that headspace of yours. All you really need to do is talk to them, let them listen. They want to listen to you, Miss Gabriel, because they care for you, and they love you. You're lucky to have that here, and I don't think that you realise that. Miho saved you last night didn't she, that's why she was at your place this morning. That's how much these kids care for you, they'll put themselves in the way of lethal danger to stop you from hurting yourself, and that is what she did last night isn't it? I never had someone to do that for me when I tried."> Patrick tilted his head back, showing a long scar on his neck, <"One of those nights, I actually pulled the trigger.">

Gabriel turned her head once more, eyes tracing the scar. "<You missed.>"

Patrick chuckled grimly at that. <"Nope, as a matter of fact I didn't. Damn thing had a faulty round in it, so I spent the next three days with a piece of metal in my neck before I decided to find a hospital. It was about a week, two weeks after Katrina had died, and I was outside a bar,"> he told her the story of what had happened that night in the van, and the dream he had of Katrina too, though he didn't know why, <"So I spent three days with a bullet in my neck. Most of that time was spent hunting down the guy who had double crossed me, but , I dunno, it just felt wrong in the end, I left a family without a father, and it turns out he was a pretty decent guy, so, if someone had been there to stop me, it might not have happened, and I'd have one less set of nightmares, and wouldn't be a nightmare myself.">

He looked at her now, <"What do you think?">

"<I think....>" She paused, searching his face. "<I think you did have somebody to stop you, just maybe not the way you'd like. Your Katrina sent you back. Maybe it just took a while for the message to sink in.>"

<"Thats the problem, I don't think it ever has sunk in. I was just so . . .angry, after she died. She'd had such a shitty life and how did it end for her? She burned to death because some fucker couldn't even make a decent car bomb."> Patrick blew his breath out slowly, shaking his head as he did so, <"I don't know, thinking about all that now, it just leaves me feeling empty, and lost, and whenever I have that dream I wake and it's . . it happens all over again, the anger, the fear, the sorrow, but the one thing I do know is that she would of been so disappointed in me after I tried to shoot myself. It's why I really joined up with Peter in the end, because it gave me someone to talk to.">

<"Is there someone you can talk to, Gabriel?">, he asked, running sad eyes over the bandages on her arms.

"<I don't really make a practice of letting people get that close. People who get close to me have a tendency to wind up hurt. Even the friends I've had for years, the ones who saw me at my worst... I'm the one who listens. It's always been that way. A few... have tried.>" She rubbed her thigh with her free hand, feeling the bandage beneath her pants. "<Only person since Liz I really talked to, well, it wasn't a very healthy relationship. We haven't spoken since I came to my senses and walked out. You mentioned talking to one of the kids here: first off, I met these kids... what, two weeks ago? And second, I am their teacher, no matter what else has happened.>" Gabriel swallowed. "<I've been talking to you though...>" She looked over and grinned a bit. "<It's a start. Pretty damn good for only four days.>" Gabriel jabbed Patrick lightly in the arm with her elbow. "<You can talk to me too, like I said, I'm a good listener.>"

He smiled at that, grinning back at Gabriel, reaching over to ruffle her hair playfully. <"Well look at you, smiling like that, all goofy-like. Tell you what, you talk to me, and I'll talk to you, seeing as we seem to be the only viable listeners for one another, how does that sound to you, eh?">

Gabriel rolled her eyes and ran a hand over her hair, taming the flyaway frizz somewhat before tucking a few loose curls behind her ear. "<Ass.>" She smiled and stood, stretching down a hand to help him up. <Well, that could have gone a lot worse....>

Patrick looked up at her, with her hand strecthed down to him, and raised an eyebrow at the blood stains on her shirt sleeve and the bandages he knew ran up and down the length of her arm, but sensing it was a matter of pride, took the offered hand, still making sure that he was taking all of his own weight when he got up.

<"So, what now, Miss Gabriel?">

She squared her shoulders and looked towards the house. "<Now I get to drag out my acting skills; if I can keep these kids from overreacting, I guess it proves I can handle the new teaching job...>" Gabriel smiled, still hurt, still guilty, still broken, but resigned. "<Com'on boyo...>" She lead the way up to the front door, but stopped with her hand on the doorknob and spun around. Patrick had been right behind her, so now they were only inches away. <Hm, he's actually as tall as me....> "<And for heaven's sake, would you stop with the 'Miss Gabriel' this, 'Miss Gabriel' that. I swear, if you don't I'm going to have to kick your ass.>"

He just had to laugh out loud at that.

<"Well then, Gabriel, I guess all those years of theater are about to pay off, aren't they? But first, just to remind you that you are NOT alone in the world,"> Patrick then paused to give Gabriel as big and gentle a hug as he could, careful not to disturb any of the bandages,<"And I really am sorry I used Liz's memory against you like that, I really am.">

<Warm...> "<To be honest, she probably broke out in applause somewhere when you did.>" Ignoring the pain, Gabriel slipped her arms around his waist and squeezed, strong enough to push the air out of his lungs. <Even weak as a kitten for me, I could still crack his ribs if I really wanted to...> She pulled away and turned, opening the door.

Patrick paused for a minute to catch his breath after that little display of Gabriel's ability, reminding himself, Remember, Pat, m'boy, she could wreck you in less time it takes than to say 'That doesn't go there', and then replying to himself, True, but she could do it with style and class and look good doin' it.

<"Say, Gabriel, when was the last time you went to a decent restaurant?">

This post has been edited by RedWolf4 on Dec 24 2009, 05:33 PM
PMEmail Poster
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Dec 24 2009, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Member No.: 40427

Miho and Junko both stared after Gabriel as she left the room. As soon as she was gone, they both turned to stare at each other.

The silence became deeper.....

....and deeper....

....and deeper.....

Miho spoke up. "<See the lilies of the field....>"

"What?!" Junko stared at Miho with a confused expression that quickly turned to a glower. "Is that all you have to say...hey!" Miho turned and walked to the doorway.

"Why do you always do that?!"

Miho turned her head to look back at Junko with an inscrutable expression. "These...people...need someone to direct them. That IS one of your specialities, is it not?" Then she turned and walked toward the dojo.

Junko took a step toward her and stopped, her hand half raised to reach out and try to stop the other girl from leaving but that never worked well did it?.

"There's a crowd of confused upset people out there you mean and that's one of YOUR specialities as I recall. Try not to foul it up this time okay?"

Miho just have her the smile that stopped just below her cold golden eyes. Then she turned and walked torward the dojo.

This post has been edited by HatsuharuZ on Dec 24 2009, 06:02 PM
PMEmail Poster
mistersaxon
Posted: Dec 25 2009, 04:23 AM
Quote Post

Purveyor of High Class Weaponry

Member No.: 60230

Junko let out a breath she hadn’t realised she had been holding. Well that could have gone a lot worse. I suppose I’d better get out there and see what’s happening now. Damn. She headed for the door.
PMEmail Poster
Lifinia
Posted: Dec 25 2009, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 65665

[Day 12, 4 PM (GMT -10), Day 13 11 AM (GMT +9)]
[Pankin Island, to Honolulu International Airport in Hawaii, and eventually on a Westbound flight from Airport]

Choosing to have at least a day to prepare for their return to school, the twins had, beforehand, decided to return to and reach Japan before Sunday afternoon, the twins were all packed up (not that they brought much with them anyway) and ready to depart from Pankin Island.

The time they had spent on the island was, to say the least, leisurely. Lifinia, who had spent much of the time at the beach, certainly did enjoy herself... for the first day, anyway; she ended up getting sunburnt after spending more than eight hours under the sun, even with sunblock, and mostly spent the remaining few days under an umbrella, still out on the beach, enjoying the sea breeze. As for Isa, she could be said to have had just as much fun as Lifinia did, although she did manage to keep her own skin in a mildly tanned condition. It was clear who had thrown caution to the wind, just with that. Perhaps it was just because it was a long while since Lifinia had truly had fun.

With a short helicopter trip to the nearest airport, which happened to be the Honolulu International Airport in Hawaii, it wasn't long before they boarded their private jet, a Learjet 45, which had been at the airport since the day before in preparation of their arrival.

Before long, they were in the air, heading West back towards Japan.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (17) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic