l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (29) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Megatokyo Campfire Story: Part 4, The dwindling flames and coming dawn.
Grimblaze
Posted: May 5 2009, 11:20 AM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 65047

Grim wandered through a park in a spiral fashion before stopping and looking around he shook his head. Nearby was a lake with a trashed mecha near it and also nearby he could sense Squirm who had been tailing Brigid. Looking to the north he saw a familiar Library and to the east he could see the spectral traces of the world tree standing in the center of that area. "So this is where it will be? We keep being drawn to this place but I wonder if it is just us or if it is Kefka that created this effect." Grim shook his head before wandering over to the mecha and looking at the dents against it's shell. Shaking his head he walked around and past the others a spell of chaos manipulating their perceptions to block him from view until he reached a nearby tree and jumped up into it. "Report Squirm? Also try not to use your new powers quite so often."

---------

Deathwalker had arrived near Saxon again and began to follow the man while hiding his presence further again. He kept testing the area for any unusual presences such as those of the rat he had been following earlier. The wraith-like being cursed to himself about this job and how blind this english-man seemed to be about the others following him. He would be able to return to real work if this man didn't hold the only key to finding the collector.

((Hooray part 4, hopefully the last but I don't know if we should hold our breaths. Anyway the last story post: Part 3 end ))

This post has been edited by Grimblaze on May 5 2009, 11:24 AM
PMEmail PosterMSN
Tangent
Posted: May 5 2009, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Annoying Forums Since 2000

Member No.: 60328

What, not going for Part 5? happy.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Brigid
Posted: May 5 2009, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 63363

Brigid shrugged at Sakura-san's comment. "It just seemed like the sort of thing a bunch of frat boys would have someone do in order to join the group, that's all."

She got a bit of a surprise from Sonoda's compliment. "Uh, thanks. Though it did help that there weren't many buildings nearby to wreck. I'd hate to be the landscaper for this park, though." Brigid scratched the back of her neck and laughed nervously.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
GrimmNomad
Posted: May 6 2009, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 59947

G. Nomad hung nervously in the background. As he saw Inspector Sonoda's arrival, several things began to click together in his mind. The image that was forming was both awesome and terrifying.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
HatsuharuZ
Posted: May 6 2009, 11:44 AM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Member No.: 40427

"As long as you catch them Inspector, I will have no complaints." Sakura looks at her watch. "Oh dear, it's that time again. Well, Inspector, Brigid, Everyone, it was nice seeing you, but I fear that my daughter and I have other business to attend to." She turns to Misa. "<Misa-chan, say goodbye, it's time to go.>"

PMEmail Poster
Brigid
Posted: May 6 2009, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Curiouser and curiouser. Though there's enough to worry about without asking what they're off to in such a rush.

Then a lightbulb went off in Brigid's head. "Say, Sonoda-san, you wouldn't happen to know anything about someone called The Collector, would you? Seems to have some relation to The Dragon of Destruction and The Dragon of Creation. The former is a guy I used to know, who seems to have a thing for Wonderland characters. Ever read those books?"
HatsuharuZ
Posted: May 6 2009, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

"<Bai bai, Brigid-oneechan! *nya* Let's play again, ok? *nya*>" Misa waved back to Brigid as she and her mother walked out of the park.

Inspector Sonoda just shrugged at Brigid. "I don't know. Truth be told, the really dangerous guys don't announce themselves or go by ridiculous names like that. Gahh... I got enough on my hands with these fetmodders."

Inspector Sonoda turned to a helpful-looking TCPD agent. "<Takeshi-san, could you call Agent Sohma? We'll need him if this is fanboy-related.>"

"<Oh, don't worry about that, Inspector, I already called him. Actually, he had his cell turned off, but I found that he'd been with the R&D boys when I called to advise them about the incoming mecha parts we're bringing them. He's coming right now.>" The man beamed at his own 'brilliance'.

"<Oh crap. What did they give him this time?>"

"<Well.....>"

Then suddenly, the group heard a noise, and it was getting louder. Everyone looked around, wondering where the sound came from. "<What the hell is that?>". "<There!>" one of the TCPD agents pointed torward a cloud of dust coming torward them.

As it came closer, the group could see Bonta-kun, wearing a pair of aviator goggles, riding a rugged-looking motorcycle with the TCPD logo on it. The motorcycle had a very close resemblance to the Fenrir motorcycle from certain Final Fantasy VII spin-offs.

The group stared as the motorcycle came to a halt a few feet in front of them. Bonta-kun turned a dial on the motorcycle, and the music suddenly shut off. "<I came as fast as I could>" said the rider. The riders' arms blurred and in place of Bonta-kun stood Hatsu, who was wearing the padded clothing sometimes worn by bikers.

"<What the Hell was with that entrance?>" said Inspector Sonoda.
PMEmail Poster
Ryo0955
Posted: May 6 2009, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 61334

I'm glad that she took off those collars; who knows what could've happened if we still had them on…

The two decided to stay back a bit and let things develop as they did.

Fet-modding… why does that remind me of that 'UnMod' omake?

`They forced the girls to act like maids? The nerve of those idiots!`

Jeez… Brigid was a bit scary with that power of hers…

And where are those two headed in such a hurry?

`…Hey.`

What?

`You wanna go look for 'sari now?`

Well, if nothing else happens…

Then Hatsu came in, blaring his music. Nice touch…

The fellow decided to say, "<Hey, don't mind him, sir. That's how he rolls.>"

Then she added, "<So did you and Tohya-san have fun together?>"
PMUsers Website
Brigid
Posted: May 6 2009, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Brigid facepalmed. The motorcycle was one thing, but *Bonta-kun?*

"Well, I guess now that we're all...Wait a minute." She looked from Ryo and Ryoko to Hatsu and then to Sonoda-san. "Oh I just had a really weird thought. Hatsu, Ryo, you guys were at the tea party and were probably able to pay a little more attention than I was. Is there any chance The Collector is connected to the fet-modders? It's not like it was specified what he collects and I just realized that fet-mods could be considered life-size ball-joint dolls."
mistersaxon
Posted: May 7 2009, 02:54 AM
Quote Post

Purveyor of High Class Weaponry

Member No.: 60230

((OOC: @Brigid: Uh, really not connected to the Fet-Modders. And he doesn't call himself The Collector (note capitals) except in an ironic way. He's just this psycho genius who wants to live forever. Is that so wrong?

I will try and put a post up today moving things forward. Hopefully Deathwalker won't crash my party too badly tongue.gif ))
PMEmail Poster
JamiroquaiAlien
Posted: May 7 2009, 03:41 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 65631

"Oh, marvelous." Jami said sarcastically, as Hatsu appeared in the place of the bear costume. He vaguely recognised him as being one of the people from the crazy-ass tea party. "The Goon Platoon is fully assembled. I have even less of an idea what's going on now."

My head hurts. I want to go home. Damn, I sound like a whiny kid now.
PMEmail PosterMSN
GrimmNomad
Posted: May 7 2009, 06:55 AM
Quote Post

Local

"It's possible, but... before that, I have to ask something..." He paused, as if he considered the next question completely insane. "Is... is this Megatokyo? And that was Inspector Sonoda?"
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Ryo0955
Posted: May 7 2009, 07:52 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

"Actually, you could call this a 'modified' version of MT; I think it's been termed MT2 because MT1 got destroyed when this whole deal started. For all I know, there's an infinite number of these 'other' worlds; think those Infinite Crisis comics from Marvel… or is it DC?"

"To put it simply, this is Megatokyo… but it's not how you remember it."

"Still, it's a long story for how this came to be. Would you like to hear it?"
PMUsers Website
GrimmNomad
Posted: May 7 2009, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Local

"A modified MT world?" He mused, watching the good Inspector talking to Hatsu. "I suppose we have nothing but time to kill until the wannabe kidnapper wakes up. Let's hear it."
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
HatsuharuZ
Posted: May 7 2009, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

"<Sorry Inspector, I wore that costume for the sake of anonymity. No one would know it was me if I was weaing that costume. The R&D guys insisted on it for some reason.>"

The Inspector rolled his eyes. "<I'll talk to them about that later... Now, we got a possible fanboy-related crime on our hands, and I need you here. This time though, I'd prefer it if you refrained from dressing the suspects when you handcuff them with that ability of yours.>"

"<*sigh* fine, fine.>" Geez, whats' wrong with black and white striped prison outfits. It was entirely apropriate....

Hatsu takes out a bottle of water from a compartment as he answers Ryokos' question. "Oh yeah, we had fun. We went about twenty rounds. Not to mention her hand technique...." .... with the controller. I've never seen anyone able to pull off one of Ivy's whip combos with one hand!

Hatsu takes a sip from the water bottle as he strides over to the fallen otaku. He looks at the medic. "<Is he injured?>"

The medic shakes his head. "<Not really, Agent Sohma. He just fainted after being intimidated. Kinda pathetic, really....>"

"<Okay then.>" Hatsu proceeds to dump the entire contents of his water bottle on the otakus' face. The shock of the cold water causes the man to wake up. "<Gaaaaahhhhh!!!!>"
------------------

"<Mama, why did we have to leave so quick? *nya* I wanted to play with Brigid-oneechan. *nya* Are we going to get takoyaki? *nya*>"

Sakura sighed. "<Dear, we need to get you home where it's safe.>"

Misa pouted. "<No takoyaki? *nya*>"

Sakura groaned softly. "<*sigh* fine fine. We'll get some on the way...>"

This post has been edited by HatsuharuZ on May 7 2009, 08:59 AM
PMEmail Poster
Brigid
Posted: May 7 2009, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Brigid cocked her head at G.Nomad's question. "Eh? Oh, yeah, you are new so you wouldn't know."

She took a deep breath and started. "Well, basically we started out with a sort of round robin fanfic thread but somehow we were sucked in as actual characters and the world fell into chaos. I think the breaking point was when the moon turned into a mech and I mistakenly dragged Haruhi in to try to fix things. Anyway, a reset button was pressed and we ended up in MT2. There were a couple resets since then, including Ragnarok of all things. Grimblaze turned out to be a portion of Tom's personality, and he turned out to be a former Norse god with some unresolved history with Nobunaga, who became a demon king. So there was a demon invasion and a bunch of us gained magical powers. Thing is Tom's still around but now he's calling himself The Dragon of Destruction. He seems to have something to do with The Collector, but I didn't catch too many details because Tom decided to use me as visual aide, so I was kinda in pain during some of his lecture." She looked over at Ryo. "That about covers it, right?"
Ryo0955
Posted: May 7 2009, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Ryoko looked at Hatsu oddly. Are we even talking about the same thing?

The fellow had to add: "Actually, the moon looked like the one from 'The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask', and there are some of us that had powers to begin with; others got their powers during the process, so don't worry if you can't do anything yet; it may only be a matter of time, considering how this world works. And it's not just the Collector we're dealing with this time. We're also having to deal with someone called the Destroyer, and, wait for this… Kefka. The Kefka from Final Fantasy VI, if you've ever played that game. I don't know why he's involved, but he is."

He now looked at the Nomad with interest. "Also, after the demon invasion, we were allowed to commute between this world and the real world for a short amount of time. It recently got locked up again, right before the 'tea party' happened. There is something bothering me, though. About how long ago did you enter this story, and did you enter it by your own will or were you forced into this story by some other event?"
PMUsers Website
JamiroquaiAlien
Posted: May 7 2009, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 65631

"See?" Jami added, triumphantly if not very helpfully, at the end of Brigid and Ryo's descriptions. "See? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! This world defies anything and everything you and I thought we knew about the world, and everyone else seems to find this perfectly normal. And you wonder why I want a drink so badly?"
PMEmail PosterMSN
Ryo0955
Posted: May 7 2009, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Ryoko glared at Jami. "Did you expect a fictional world to act like the real world? Because that's a pretty pathetic expectation."
PMUsers Website
Brigid
Posted: May 7 2009, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

"Ah right. See, I'm not familiar with those games so I didn't recognize it."

She turned from Ryo to Jami. When'd he pop up? "That's not quite true. I was going nuts when I first ended up here. I'm probably even partially responsible for the destruction of MT1. But I got used to it. Had to really, as the alternative was going insane."
HatsuharuZ
Posted: May 7 2009, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

While the others had been talking, the TCPD officers had read to otaku his rights and had handcuffed him.

Inspector Sonoda used one finger to push his glasses up onto the bridge of his nose. "<Kidnapping is a serious crime, mr. mechafan. What were you planning on doing with her? Don't try to deny it, we found the cat tranquilizers among the armorment of your machine, and you had a whole bunch of pictures of her and her mother in the cockpit.>"

"<I-I... I want my lawyer. I'm not saying anything!>"

"<You don't get a lawyer, sir. Haven't you heard? People who get arrested by the TCPD don't get all of the same rights that normal citizens get. You see, some of the entities we deal with have special powers that make them too dangerous to put into contact with normal people. We have every right to detain you indefinetely, gag you, put you in a straight jacket, or just shoot you for resisting arrest. You aren't getting a lawyer. Just a judge. Just the visual records from that mechagodzilla are enough to put you away for quite a while.>"

"<No way, no way, I'm not talking!>"

"<Let me talk to him, Inspector,>" said Hatsu. He began putting on his red gloves while staring ominously at the otaku. The otaku himself started panicking as he caught sight of Hatsu. Any otaku, even those who weren't cosplayers, would recognize those red gloves....
PMEmail Poster
Grimblaze
Posted: May 7 2009, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

Member No.: 65047

As the various people gathered around the mech went about their business Grim finished getting the report from Squirm before heading over to the mech and examining it while standing behind Brigid and Ryo while listening. "You know he complains quite a bit for someone who chose to return here after exiting. Yes, we were watching we typically do that." Grim Smiled mischeviously at Brigid and Ryo before looking right at Jami. "Now if this place is so bad why did you choose to return? You accessed the world again after we gave you an escape. Unlike some others you did it pretty quickly as well. Strange behavior for someone who doesn't like this world." Grim stretched slightly and placing a paw on the mech he allowed a surge of energy into it which caused it's damaged frame to rise from its prone position and can-can over to sit before the library. "Welcome to my world, we pulled you in and pushed you out but you turned the key to return. You can make another decision, you can adapt or you can die. I assure you that in this world, when marked as an outsider, you are in danger as long as you remain powerless."
PMEmail PosterMSN
Brigid
Posted: May 7 2009, 07:42 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Brigid jumped. "Grim! When did you get here! AH!" She grabbed him by the ear. "What exactly does Tom expect us to do and why. I'm not liking his methods but if he has a good reason for wanting our help I'm willing to listen."
HatsuharuZ
Posted: May 7 2009, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Masamichi groaned. "Dammit! Could you put that back? We're in the middle of a clean-up here."
PMEmail Poster
GrimmNomad
Posted: May 7 2009, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Local

"As far as I know, I arrived just today... I think..." He strained his mind trying to pull together what happened. "I was on the Megatokyo forums reading some sort of round robin story... I was thinking about whether or not to join and decided not to..."

But you wanted to... you wanted to from the start. You were just afraid of committing yourself to something.

I'm starting to hear voices... great...

"So I went about my business that day and went to sleep... then I woke up here."

He stopped to look at Grim's arrival and to listen to his little lecture.

Something about this guy pisses me off...

Let's punch him in the face!

I can't do that. I don't know how strong he is...

We could take him!

Since when do I refer to myself as 'we?'
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (29) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic