l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (40) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Megatokyo Campfire Stories Part 3, Bringing out the gasoline~
Grimblaze
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 01:16 AM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 65047

Continued from this thread.

As the others held their various conversations a large crash came from inside the front of Saxon's shop. Kyoukou had been dropped unceremoniously onto a not so steady pile of tower-shields, and at a nearby table a gizmo had been picked up by the "poltergeist" and was being messed with currently. Kyoukou woke up in the middle of a jumbled mess of shields and began to swear violently before hurling the shields at the floating gizmo, or more specifically what was holding it. "God damn it Fritz! I am going to cut your head off when I get my hands on you! Fucking Hellbourne Shitfaced..." Continuing with this discourse Kyoukou jumped to his feet and slammed into the air before rolling on the ground with it and being launched off it soon after and out the front door. He skidded to a stop in the middle of the street positioned almost like a cat with his back arched but stopped when he heard squealing tires before he vanished in the next instant a car sliding to a stop where he had been. Kyoukou hung from the arm of a lamppost over where he had been and looked down before the Gizmo Fritz had been playing with nailed him in the face and he fell onto the car below denting the roof in.
PMEmail PosterMSN
mistersaxon
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 05:03 AM
Quote Post

Purveyor of High Class Weaponry

Member No.: 60230

Sax had caught the chaos occurring in the shop with horror and as his stock began to float out of the door he took off after it, grabbing his helmet and dropping it on his head as he did so. In his HUD he could make out a vague shape that seemed to consist of bound energy – without a little time to analyse the readings Sax couldn’t say what kind of energy but clearly it could handle material goods – his material goods!

“OI!” he yelled, his helmet PA boosting the volume to a locally painful level. “WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?”

But as he watched the chaos unfold and the unfortunate figure being thrown around like a toy he started to become concerned. Clearly this energy field had some kind of paranormal personality disorder while his victim just seemed vocally upset. He ran across to the car and helped the guy off the roof of the car then gripped the roof with a glove magnet and pulled it roughly upwards and back into shape. The terrified driver took one look at the armoured figure and the body that had wrecked his car, albeit temporarily, and sped away into the traffic.

“Let’s get you somewhere a bit safer than the middle of the road first of all, and then hopefully you can explain what’s going on.” Said Sax, as he scooped up his ‘gizmo’ – the fake quantum shifter that Mami had originally been toying with days ago, he noticed – and led the guy to the side of the road. He did a quick scan for the energy field – had the guy called it ‘Fritz’? – and, finding nothing for the moment, he released his helmet locks and pulled it off with his free hand.

He led the way back into the shop and grabbed the ‘emergency chair’ from by the door, shaking his head at the mess. He sat the guy down and said
“So, who are you and where are you from? And, more importantly, who’s the paranormal prankster trying to mess you up?”
PMEmail Poster
JamiroquaiAlien
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 06:03 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 65631

Jamiroquai quickly turned face and walked away, not really wanting to be involved in the unpleasant experience that Sarah was about to have. Also, he appeared to find some sort of pleasure in watching the other newcomer being tossed around like a ragdoll by someone who was invisible. It was certainly nice for bad things to be happening to someone else, for a change.

"Wow." he muttered to himself. "I'm actually impressed. That guy has a fouler mouth than I do."
PMEmail PosterMSN
Lifinia
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 65665

Doing a quick mental scan of the surroundings, Lifinia said, "A poltergeist, second class(smaller number meaning stronger). Not exactly malevolent, but fairly playfully violent state of mind. It's apparently hiding in the sewers at the moment."
PMEmail Poster
Brigid
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 63363

Sax's tech-enhanced yell knocked Brigid out of her BSOD, and nearly out of her shoes. She held her ears against any further attacks.

"Sax! We're having a traumatic moment here, this isn't the time for comedy relief!"
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Grimblaze
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

Kyoukou sighed slightly once he was sitting, "Its not a poltergeist its a mythological being originating in Ireland. I don't know his real name but I call him Fritz. He is a Pouka which is a species made famous by a black and white american movie by the name of Harvey. Its sort of a curse my family has to be followed by a pouka for the entirety of our lives." Kyoukou looked around silently before speaking again, "sorry about the mess I could help clean up if you want, I've been trying to start a shop, I guess you could say was similar to this one, recently but I keep messing up somewhere or Fritz will screw it up." Sighing slightly Kyoukou rose and began to reorganize some of the items that had been displaced but kept speaking while he did. "Its weird but there are two sides to this curse I guess. One matter is we have to deal with the pouka but the other effect is we become near invincible. Its possible to get injured or killed still but I can survive most things." Stopping at that moment Kyoukou turned and showed his arms and back which revealed no damage from falling on the car or the fight. After he finished he returned to organizing, "So its not all bad, we have had the curse for three generations actually but it only effects the first born, my little sister is pretty normal but she can see Fritz in full form. We all can but people outside of the family that can see him are few and far between."

This post has been edited by Grimblaze on Feb 18 2009, 10:45 AM
PMEmail PosterMSN
Lacronton
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

404 Error (Not) Found

Member No.: 62150

Coming out of the back room after donning new cloths and armor, Lacronton just shook his head at teh chaotic sight that had just happened.

"Fritz heh? Still causin mischif I see." he chuckled. Fingering the new No.7 caster shells he had finally gotten, Lacronton walked over to where the food and beverages were at and grabed a cup full of OJ.

"So Saxon, you happen to have a 60-sec self-erecting skyscraper pod handy? One that I can program in the type of bulding I want?"
PMEmail Poster
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 10:00 AM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Member No.: 40427

Hatsu didn't want to deal with Sarah right now. He still had vivid memories of that mini-reset and B. Katarns' body. Damn, I could have revived him back then!

Hatsu turns to the man with the pouka. "A family curse? I can sympathize. My family curse had me turning into a cow every time I hugged a person of the opposite sex, unless she happened to be cursed as I was. Of course, the only people who were cursed as I was were my distant cousins."
PMEmail Poster
Tangent
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 10:34 AM
Quote Post

Annoying Forums Since 2000

Member No.: 60328

*comes back with a fresh thermos of hot cocoa, settles down to watch and heal if necessary*
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
B. Katarn
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 58911

*Do need to respond, but can't now (busy and sick-ish). Sarah now knows about her 'involvement' and wants to write something, so I'll have her write the response to this. Don't worry, I'll keep continuity and make sure it fits.*

*Expect it later, evening most likely*
PMEmail Poster
Brigid
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 12:15 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

"A pouka, huh? I've heard those can be nasty. So it must have been Fritz who pushed me into the sewer with you." Brigid took her hands off her ears as she looked at the sky. Now Irish mythology's getting mixed in? Guess it all depends on the player's interests. "You know, I really liked that movie. Is Fritz a giant rabbit or the more traditional horse?"
mistersaxon
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Purveyor of High Class Weaponry

Member No.: 60230

Sax turned to Lacronton as Hatsu took up the new guy’s attention.

“I only got one self-erecting thing in the place at the moment and you’re not having that! What I do have is a Hammerspace™ Base. Basically, a portal – folds right down, see – and inside is spatially compressed, like the bags you get, but much more powerful. There’s about 20 rooms in this one, with a full CHP unit drawing off zero-point energy and recycling like crazy to keep the thermals in check. There’s water, waste reprocessing – don’t ask too many questions about that: I’m just gonna say that the water is chemically pure – heat and lighting. You can paste the portal onto someone’s wall and lock it there if you want a base with a front door. It’ll be up to you to hook up comms, security and stuff but it’s better than a skyscraper because if you do need to go in a hurry you can grab the base on your way out.”

Sax demonstrated the Base by pulling up a metallic frame that resembled a doorway made of Meccano. He opened the door and stepped ‘inside’ and back out again, then collapsed the unit into a small bundle of metal rods similar in size to a small camera tripod.

“Tell you what, you take a look round the place – let me know what you think. Price is good too on these – especially compared to renting round here. I’m asking 1500 CrG in coins, not notes, and that’s cutting my own throat, to be honest. If you wanted to settle your tab while you’ve got your wallet out the price would come down a bit on that as well.”
PMEmail Poster
Grimblaze
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

Kyoukou sighed and hung his head, "Its always embarrassing to answer this when they get to this section. He can change shape but for some odd reason he decided he wanted to look like a giant Koala. Its never nice to be walking around and have a little kid point behind you and yell Hey mom its a koala!." Kyoukou shook his head and then glared at a spot in the air that gave off the feeling of a sheepish expression as he did. "Yeah, little kids can see him but most grow out of it. No one believes them when they say it so the Pouka don't seem to care."
PMEmail PosterMSN
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

"That's amazing!" Hatsu laughed. "One of my relatives, Hatori Sohma, was posessed by the spirit of the Dragon. You know, the one from the chinese zodiac? Well, one time a girl accidentally tripped and fell against him, causing his curse to activate. Hatoris' curse causes him to transform into a seahorse instead of a dragon for some reason. The aforementioned girl who fell against Hatori started panicking when she saw his form, since she thought that he might die of suffocation if he didn't get into some water. Then, she panicked since she couldn't remember if seahorses lived in fresh or saltwater. Thankfully, since Hatori wasn't a real seahorse, he didn't die when she threw him in the bathtub. Hahaha..."
PMEmail Poster
Brigid
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Brigid narrowed her eyes as she glanced sideways at Hatsu. "Uh, I hardly think that's the same thing. Maybe we should focus on the problem at hand?"
Ryo0955
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 61334

(It takes a unique individual to put on their iPod before breaking the news of someone's death.)

(OOC: He was putting it on for others to hear through the speakers. I believe that music should be used to enhance the mood when needed. I chose that specific music because of where it's heard in 'Mother 3', and the similarity to this situation.

Don't worry; I've already done this before, and people haven't complained… yet.)

After a while, the tears dried. Once they did, he spoke up again:

"Well, it seems like your main purpose in here has been fulfilled. I doubt there's anything any of us can do to bring him back to life until the story ends. If you feel that this place isn't right for you, you should be able to log out. If you have a cell phone, look in the menus and somewhere, it should say 'Log Out'. Jami, if you're listening, this should apply to you as well.

It's your decision. Either stay and risk your life to see your brother again, or 'log out' and be safe, and hope for your brother to come back soon.

Now that I'm wondering, why did you ask if I was single?"

(OOC Edit: Wait, will she go through Brian's account, or through her own 'account'?)

This post has been edited by Ryo0955 on Feb 18 2009, 05:23 PM
PMUsers Website
Lifinia
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

"Log out? What exactly are you talking about? This isn't just a game, is it?" Lifinia said, uncertain, as she also locked onto Ryo's mind.

... What? He wasn't joking?... But what about me and Isa? Are we just NPCs in a game?

Her expression suddenly turned to that of a grim one, as she turned away and started to walk away, saying "... I think I'll head home now."

Her brother, sensing something is wrong, ran up to her and walked alongside, saying, "I'll come with you."
PMEmail Poster
B. Katarn
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

QUOTE (Ryo0955 @ Feb 18 2009, 07:13 PM)
(OOC Edit: Wait, will she go through Brian's account, or through her own 'account'?)
*I think the registering part makes it separate if you mean in story. If you mean posting, she'll use mine but I'll tell when. But conflicting schedules earlier today meant she could add (not that American Idol is helping now either). I'll leave her thought process part to her. So, for now...*

Sarah only heard the parts about her brother after the initial reveal. She sat and stayed silent as she thought. Ryo looked at her for an answer, but one didn't seem to be coming soon. He looked over his shoulder at the others, once again starting to do their 'normal' things in this world, then back at Sarah. He didn't want to be left behind if everyone left soon, but he didn't feel right leaving her alone, especially in her current shock-like state. He had to choose one or another.
PMEmail Poster
Ryo0955
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

He looked at her, then sighed. Whatever. I'll stay with her. If anything serious happens, these people have ways of letting me know…

…and besides… the only two times I ever really made a difference in this story is when someone else forces a decision upon me. It's never completely up to me, and I really doubt I can make that much of a difference in the long run. I'm not sure if the story would have been that different if I wasn't here…

…but since I'm here…

Somehow, the girl was either lost in thought or having one of them 'Heroic BSOD' moments.

"Hello? Hey, you there? She's out of it…"

He walked over to her side. Well, it worked on Lifinia. Why not try it on her?

He started to massage her back. It wasn't much, just a bit of impromptu stuff that he got out of watching others massage people. He hoped it would help.

If I were writing about this, I'd be shipping Brigid/B. Katarn. After the hostage situation, of course.

He paused to take a clothing bag out of his HammerSpace. "Hatsu… go ahead and take the outfit back. Won't need it for now." He then went back to his massaging Sarah.

I wonder if she truly likes me… that would have been the only reason she ever bothered to ask if I was single…

I really need to talk to the twins; I think I've figured it out… And I also need to talk to Jin, see if he can figure out what's inside me…

…but first, I need to make sure that this girl won't be burdened by her brother's death. And she really has to make a decision about whether she's going to stay or not.

Please be okay, Sarah. Please…
PMUsers Website
B. Katarn
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

'I can't believe this is where he was! He was only gone two and a half weeks! I thought he'd taken off on some sort of stupid adventure with James, but no. He's dead. He came to this freaky place and got himself killed! I can't believe this! He's gone! Forever! And he didn't tell me he was leaving! How will I tell mom and dad? How will I tell anyone this? This is insanity! I come back from a parallel universe or whatever to tell my parents their only son is dead? I'll be committed! This can't be real... None of it. Brian's alive. And... I'm dreaming. I really am insane. I'd accept anything to explain this by now! This can't be real... It just can't be,' Sarah thought to herself, her eyes wide, blank, and staring, dead to the world around her. Rhythmically, she banged her head on the wall behind her in sync with the music playing, the slow thunks ringing through the air.

'What about James then? Is he alive? Is he back? Or maybe he's still here... Wherever 'here' is... no! I have to stop thinking this! This isn't real, none of it. Total fiction. Some new TV show... I'm on candid camera, or something... but this is just cruel... inhumane... maybe... I am in some sort of new video game, where they tell you one of the worst things that could happen to you has happened, and how you deal with it decides the outcome of the game.

That's a stupid game.

But that really must be it. I don't think I'd accept any other explanation right now. I don't really have anything to lose by staying though... i can't possibly die anyway, not since that operation...

I might as well stay, gain some pwnage by kicking everyone else's sorry butts in this sorry excuse for a 'game', get her brother his 'life back' (because he really truly couldn't be dead) and then I'd come out of the game and appreciate my very-much-still-alive brother even more because I'd learn some sort of crappy moral. Maybe I wouldn't mind playing through... the sewer girl seemed nice enough and Ryo wasn't half bad... alright. I'd stay and I'd continue on thinking what I wanted of this world whether they liked it or not. That's how it would go, and if anyone tried to make me think otherwise, they were going down.

I just really hope there isn't a bad end to this game.

Sarah came out of her 'trance' and looked at Ryo, asking innocently, "Why are you touching me?"

PS- HI EVERYONE!!! IT'S SARAH!!! I REALLYREALLYREALLYREALLYREALLYREALLY LIKE WRITING (ooh, spell check hates me now...) BRIAN LOVES ME AND I'M HIS FAVORITE PERSON IN TEH WHOOOOLE WIDE WORLD!!! *squeeeeee* Right Boobly? (Pronounced Boo-ba-ly)
Brian- *heavy sigh* (robotic monotonous voice) yes. I love you. You're the best sister ever. Please don't tase me again.
Me- Shut up. (waves taser threateningly)
Brian- ...
tongue.gif

*Yes, that was all Sarah. She far surpasses my writing ability.*
PMEmail Poster
Lifinia
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 10:05 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

(She definitely delivers better walls of text tongue.gif)
PMEmail Poster
Brigid
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 10:59 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Brigid rolled her eyes at the guys and turned to see how Sarah was doing. She seemed pretty... stunned. Even when she came out of the trance she seemed rather out of it. What an odd question. Then again, she seemed kinda odd at that first meeting before she found out about her brother. Maybe that's just how she was.

So she sat on her heals in front of Sarah and crossed her arms over her knees. "Look. We'll do what we can, okay? Since this is an anime world there's no guarantee that death is permanent. If his soul is still floating around in here somewhere there may be something we can do."
Ryo0955
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 11:00 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

"I was only massaging you. You looked like you needed it. Hope you don't feel offended or anything."

At least she's out of it…

(OOC: It's going to be quite interesting having Sarah around.)
PMUsers Website
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Feb 19 2009, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

(OOC: Welcome to the madness, Ms. S. Katarn laugh.gif )

Hatsu opens up his cellphone. He scrolls through the menus until he comes to the wi-fi menu. Right below the e-mail icon and the car summoning function, he spots an icon that seemed to be formed of flames, and had the words 'Log Out?' floating on top of it. "No...." Hatsu felt that dizzying feeling of otherness again, as if he were someone else. Hatsu bit his lip and suppressed the feeling. Ryo was right... dammit....

Hatsu looks away from his phone and put it away. No... I will always be myself, but I will choose who I wish to be.... Hatsu takes deep breaths to calm himself.
Then he notes that both Ryo and Sarah are looking sad. I'm not the only one with problems....

Then Hatsu gets an idea. He activates the car calling function on his phone, and the silver-grey car the TCPD let him borrow (he was one of the few people who were brave enough to test the things that the R&D department made) drove up a few moments later.

Hatsu got out the remote for the car and pressed a button. With a barely audible mechanical whine the car drew its' top into its' body, changing it into a convertable. This function was originally intended to allow the use of ejector seats and a mounted 50 caliber machine gun (not included in test models), but it was nice if you wanted to drive with the windows down, save energy by not turning on the AC, or toss someone bodily into the car.

"Oh, cool car" someone said behind him. Hatsu, arms blurring, tossed Ryo, Brigid, Sarah and the Pouka guy into the car. For some reason, all of them landed upright in the seats. Then he threw himself into the driver's seat. Ignoring the protests and confusion, he started the engine and activated the GPS system and auto-pilot.

The car drove off by itself, and the A.I spoke in a crisp mechanical voice: "Destination: Happy-Go-Lucky Joyland Amusement Park." As Brigid started choking Hatsu from behind, the car also started playing some music:

"Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide.
No escape from reality!!"

The car drove off while playing "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen.

Oh crap... thought Hatsu, as Brigid began banging his head against the headrest, I just wanted to cheer everyone up....

PMEmail Poster
Lifinia
Posted: Feb 19 2009, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

When the twins had already walked quite a distance away, while the others had flown away in the 'car', Lifinia pulled out her cellphone, and, looking through the menu, found a single 'fire' for a logo, with Logout below it.

I guess I'm not an NPC after all... But... what does this mean?... Unless...

She glanced sidelong at Isari for a moment, before looking forward again and shaking her head wildly.

No, no, no! That can't be the case!

She stopped walking abruptly, as if an idea had came to her, as she suddenly spoke, "Isa? Wait right here."

"Okay."

She accessed the "Logout" program on her cell phone.

Both Lifinia and Isari disappeared from the street that they had been.

Back in Joey's room, he was thrown out of his laptop screen again, and into his chair.

... Guess I came back much earlier than I had expected... Lifinia will likely figure out that both Isari and herself are actually a single entity. Both of their memories are in my mind, after all... Hmm... I guess neither of them bears any memories of mine.

He got off his chair and went to flop down on his bed, somewhat tiredly.

Maybe I won't go back for a while... Chances are that there'll be plenty of drama between Isari and herself anyway, because of this. Ah well, not like I can do anything about it.

He fell asleep not long after.

(OOC: This doesn't mean I won't be returning. Rather, it's just a little sub-plot of my own. No true complication, I guess.)
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (40) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic