l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (40) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topic

> Megatokyo Campfire Story Part 2, Throwing another log on
Ray Kremer
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 03:04 AM
Quote Post

Fanmod #1
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3418

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
xp194
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 64710

(WHOO! First topic on SDFW to make two topics! We can has sticky, please?)
PMEmail Poster
Grimblaze
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 65047

((Sigh... Busy busy busy... going to update the wikispace to the thread change point... figured this was happening soon anyway.

Thank katarn for the image... Link = user posted image

Edit time!: @Katarn If you want to throw it over in pm go ahead. I will tell you if it conflicts and my way can change pretty easily actually so it wouldn't matter anyway. You have probably seen by now I have ways to adapt my plans in here.))

This post has been edited by Grimblaze on Dec 30 2008, 06:52 AM
PMEmail PosterMSN
xp194
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Local

"No, Jin... I'm not sure if the Stormburg's rifter could produce that kind of accuarcy." Said xp194 shaking his head, "I suppose it'd be possible if I had... a few months to calibrate everything correctly..."

A new idea had popped into xp194's head

"That's it! If I adjust the Rift-drive slightly, I could surround the Stormburg in a bubble of Real-Space. Provided it was the right shape, I think we could enter Liquid Space without harming the barrier, as technically, we'd be still in normal space... I suppose it relys a lot on hoodwinking physics, but it'd allow us a day or so of travel in Liquid Space if it worked. More if we only need the bubble to cross the barrier... Do you think that'd work? If not, then I'll need help doing the calibrations."

xp194 heard a dropship engine whistling, and whirled around to see the drop-pod recovery in progress.

"Last time I'm doing that with a nearly broken chest." He muttered under his breath.
PMEmail Poster
Jindra34
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 62829

Jin simply shook his head at Xp's idea of flying into a chunk of chaos, and then said, "The issue isn't with maintaining 'real space'. All space is real, though it doesn't all operate under the same rules. Up there in the liquid space blob nothing is constant, not even the spatial relation between two points. Staying in there for more than a few seconds would likely destroy anything corporeal. My thought was to spread it out in little itty bitty bits, bits small enough to be safely diffused by a universe, across a large number of parallel worlds, and then free this one and let the universe do what it naturally does."

This post has been edited by Jindra34 on Dec 30 2008, 06:41 PM
PMEmail Poster
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Member No.: 40427

Hatsu's eyes gleamed in interest. "Interesting idea, Jin, but you'd need alot of power for that, even if it is physically possible. What could generate that much power?" Hatsu knew of certain artifacts that could generate massive amounts of energy. He currently had posession of two of them.
PMEmail Poster
Ryo0955
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 61334

(OOC: I suppose it's time to get back on board…)

Since he didn't think of much else to do, since Katarn had just up and disappeared, the fellow decided to sit on the ground next to the bench where Brigid lay, while catching up on a book that his history teacher assigned him (624 pages out of 1089 is not my idea of taking it easy!)

Meanwhile, he found the collar from a while back and looked at it. He wasn't quite sure what it could do to him…

Looking at Lifinia (I probably shouldn't underestimate her anymore; she seems… different, maybe more powerful, even), he said, "Not sure if anyone can help her; I think she was in a test or something. It might be something she has to do herself."

Suddenly, he was curious. "Not to bother you too much, but besides teleportation, what else are you capable of?"
PMUsers Website
Jindra34
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Jin answered Hatsu in a tone typical of a college professor lecturing, "It would take a considerably larger amount of power than we have available to do all the work. However we would not moving it around directly, we would be creating short lived channels for which it could then flow into. Like moving a lake, doing it by hand with buckets would be a pain but giving it a path in which it could flow is considerably easier. Though it does take a significant amount of precision and control to manipulate something on this scale."

This post has been edited by Jindra34 on Dec 30 2008, 07:25 PM
PMEmail Poster
Brigid
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 10:06 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 63363

Brigid's attack struck Order guy square in the side of the head. As he went skidding across the ground Brigid followed the shallow trough he carved just in case he tried to get up and attack.

When he stopped so did she. "Now listen up! I agree these creatures need to be stopped but simply destroying them is not the answer! If you care anything for the proper order of the world you will stay where you are or help me put these creatures back in the rift *alive!* The last thing I need is another element going rogue."

Bachi still held at ready, she waited for an answer. Some help with these shadow things would be great if that guy would listen to reason.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Lifinia
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 10:43 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 65665

(OOC: Actually what was intended to happen was that the WHOLE group be teleported to the Nergal, and I had intended to ask Katarn what I could have done to help... But, if only teleporting Katarn was what you thought I did, I'll stick with that, though I should probably point out that I was supposed to say the "I'm just glad the location based off your memory worked..." to Katarn, since I'm not supposed to know if he ended up on the Nergal or not, which, I once again point out by the point where I said "Next stop, the Nergal... I think.", which will now become a plothole, making it so that I said something to Katarn via 'Mental Portal', or so I'd like to dub it. I think that works tongue.gif)

"Hmm... Well, as you can probably observe, my abilities are triggered by a few series of symbolic gestures, usually done by hand and arm movement, and also with the need of deep mental focus. That means that I am able to manipulate most forces of space(position, direction and velocity, more at this link), as well as some other elemental abilities, and, because I have mastered much in the aspects of mentality and focus, which is required before I am able to manipulate anything, I am also able to read into the minds of others, as well as communicate with them telepathically if I wished to." Lifinia explained, in great detail. "It wouldn't be too far-fetched to say that I am an Esper, I believe."

(also note that, while in constant movement, it is fairly difficult to attain the focus sufficiently to trigger my abilities, which explains why I HAD to crash-land. You could also just take it that I forgot all about it because of 'fear')
PMEmail Poster
xp194
Posted: Dec 31 2008, 03:33 AM
Quote Post

Local

"Surely it isn't solving the problem? With the dissapitation of the barrier, whatever's on the otherside will be free to get us. Not to mention that so many holes across universes would be easy crossing for anything wanting to come here. Heck, in the inter-universal boundry of this place weakens too much, it could merge with another, with quite easily disastorous consqeunces. Of course, I suppose if you knew what you were doing"

xp194 pondered this over and decided that Jin knew what he was doing.

"xp194 to Stormburg, prep for landing. Repeat, prep for landing."

"Aye aye sir. Where do you want us?"

"Somewhere on or near the island. We'll need access to the Rifter systems if nothing else."

"Roger that."

"Right, we'll try it your way, Jin. If people would lend me a hand in the calibration, I'd be much obliged."
PMEmail Poster
Jindra34
Posted: Dec 31 2008, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Jin smiled at Xp's decision and then said, "I do know what I'm doing, I have done it before though on a much smaller scale and with more help available. And I advise you always remember the first rule of thaumatology: Belief enables possibility."
PMEmail Poster
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Dec 31 2008, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Hatsu was annoyed. There had to be some way I could help, he thought. "So, professor, what can I do to help?"
PMEmail Poster
Lifinia
Posted: Dec 31 2008, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

(We need a little recap on who's where... I thought all of us were at the same place, while Brigid's body IS here, no doubt unconscious... But some of Xp's statements seem to say otherwise... I mean, Brigid's body is supposed to be on a park bench, and we're on the Stormburg, or on the island?)
PMEmail Poster
Grimblaze
Posted: Dec 31 2008, 10:21 PM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

((Brigid continue when you get a chance. and lifi. I am in a clearing elsewhere on the island, almost everyone else is there, brigid is physically there and mentally/spiritually not. TK is not around yet and katarn is on the nergal.))

This post has been edited by Grimblaze on Dec 31 2008, 10:22 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN
Lifinia
Posted: Dec 31 2008, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

(Oh yea, forgot to mention that Katarn's on the Nergal because I teleported him there... tongue.gif Oh yea, another thing, I actually wanted to make myself something like a mage, but, if I coupled it with the already mentioned powers, it would make myself a little bit too much on the strong side... heh. Of course, though, my weakness is that I would require focus to make use of any of my abilities, so I would unlikely be able to do anything if I was directly confronted, even if I -do- have a light dagger with me. Oh, were we supposed to know that you're there, so that we could go and retrieve you or something?)

Calibration, huh...

Lifinia asked Xp, "Well, what do we do, to help you with the calibration?"
PMEmail Poster
Grimblaze
Posted: Dec 31 2008, 10:40 PM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

(i walked there and I can walk back. Most do not concern themselves with my coming and going in this story because I have plots/subplots/schemes and agendas. I can also take care of myself pretty well.))
PMEmail PosterMSN
Brigid
Posted: Jan 1 2009, 12:09 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

((Um, so I get to dictate what that Order guy says? I don't want to mess up your plot too much by making a mistake.))
Grimblaze
Posted: Jan 1 2009, 01:04 AM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

((It won't, I believe you have the basics down and if It did I would change it in my own way wink.gif If you haven't noticed I can adjust plans around unexpected situations at any time. Edit = Postage.))

Thinking to himself for a second after the elder spirit had returned to Brigid's test, Tom shook his head and then headed back to the others. The spirit having come probably meant her fate was chosen already anyway, but it was up to her to come back. As XP begins to issue the movement orders Tom places his hand over XP's mouth and shakes his finger before turning to Jin. "You do know how to work with closed space right? I need someone to mend the reality tear out here while I enter to fix it from the inside, its only repair and not complete creation. I am probably the only one here with training in the chaotic spells needed to mask my presence and prevent the normal rules inside there from applying. I also have the spells that can prevent my side from being repaired fully for a short time so I can exit before it finishes." Shrugging silently after this statement Tom moved his hand from XP's mouth. "Most of you need to prepare for two or more battles afterward it seems they are all approaching quickly. Hatsu, and Ser if Jin doesn't need her help, should work with Ryo, as well as possibly Lifi and XP. I will need Brigid's help if she survives the tests and makes it back, then she can work with Hatsu for further training."

This post has been edited by Grimblaze on Jan 1 2009, 03:16 AM
PMEmail PosterMSN
Jindra34
Posted: Jan 1 2009, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Jin glared at Tom and asked, "How does mending a reality tear stop the giant ball of doom? Or did you forget about that?"

This post has been edited by Jindra34 on Jan 1 2009, 09:07 AM
PMEmail Poster
Ryo0955
Posted: Jan 1 2009, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 61334

(OOC: Happy New Year, people!)

Every once in a while, he poked Brigid on her shoulder. Nothing. He wondered how long it would take.

When he heard his name mentioned by Tom, he thought, What do they need me for? Looks like they have it all under control…

…but if it gives me something to do other than reading this book, I suppose it's something I could do.
PMUsers Website
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Jan 1 2009, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

"Perhaps, Jin, there is a relationship between this 'tear in reality' and the 'liquid space'?"
PMEmail Poster
Brigid
Posted: Jan 1 2009, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Order guy blinked a few times as he lay on his back. Slowly he got up and stared at Brigid. "You weakened me. How?"

"I hit you. Not really sure about the specifics after that. Anyway, if you're quite through disrupting the balance of the universe, I'd appreciate some help putting these shadow things back where they belong."

"They are the ones trying to destroy Order. They must be punished for the sake of justice."

Brigid waved her free hand. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever. I'm sure foiling their plans will be punishment enough. Now unless you want to enter low orbit you're going to either help me or stay out of my way."

He rose to his feet, not once taking his eyes off Brigid. "You spoke of balance, but you do not seem to be a representative of that elder spirit."

"Because I'm not. Yet. And until I figure out just exactly what Balance does I probably won't be ever."

"In simple terms it has the power to negate other elements. Such as what you did to me. The effect is temporary but useful."

"Ah! So I just pummel these guys, toss them into the hole, then cover it with something heavy! Perfect!"
Grimblaze
Posted: Jan 1 2009, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

Sighing slightly Tom placed a hand over his eyes before speaking. "The nothingness is bound by reality, it was the beginning and the elder spirits could be said to have imprisoned it with reality. The liquid space as we keep referring to it is a form of closed space that is actually the fraying of the fabrics of reality, it is the weak point and the only reason it has been weakened is us. If we mend the closed space it can't escape now can it?" Tom glared directly back at Jin then, "Understand? Or do I need to make some diagrams?"
PMEmail PosterMSN
Jindra34
Posted: Jan 1 2009, 03:24 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Jin sat down cross-legged and closed his eyes eyes before asking Tom, "Where did the strength that kept the barrier strong go? Who or what allows the barrier to stand between all that is and all that is not? Who or what provided the power to hold apart the two halves of the whole without separating them? What change allowed the barrier to weaken? And what is it that makes you think I can take up that role?"

This post has been edited by Jindra34 on Jan 1 2009, 03:25 PM
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (40) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Closed TopicStart new topic