l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (2) All [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> J-pop On Itunes, Now available
kenshin
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

A chat with you and somehow death loses its sting.

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 2215

My apologies if this has been posted before (did check) or if it was known for a while. . . . but it appears that there is now a separate category in J-POP in iTunes:

Click on "Browse", then "Music", scroll down until you see J-POP:

Artists includes:

Ayumi Hamasaki
Hitomi
BoA
day after Tomorrow

And quite a few that I never heard of before. . ..
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
roast-beefy
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Heeeeere's Sawako!

Member No.: 46450

Where are my damn pillows?
PMEmail PosterAOL
Zevuel
Posted: Jul 7 2007, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 58609

QUOTE (roast-beefy-weefs @ Jul 6 2007, 07:25 PM)
Where are my damn pillows?

SECONDED!!!

By Chise, where are The Pillows?

Oh, and is that the same Hitomi that plays Primula? Hakuto Minami was her real name.
PMEmail Poster
YangStaZ
Posted: Jul 7 2007, 10:45 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

What about Utdata Hikaru? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Zevuel
Posted: Jul 11 2007, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Local

Also, is the Jpop section in the American iTunes? Its been accessable from the Japan iTunes for a while.
PMEmail Poster
pixiebell
Posted: Jul 11 2007, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Flubber
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 36406

QUOTE (Zevuel @ Jul 8 2007, 01:24 AM)
Oh, and is that the same Hitomi that plays Primula? Hakuto Minami was her real name.

You do realize that Hitomi is a seriously common name, right?

Pop singer Hitomi Shimatani; Hitomi Yoshizawa from MoMu; Hitomi Kuroki, gorgeous former musical actress, and the list goes on. However, it's probably the popular artist "Hitomi" from the Avex label who was super popular in the nineties and is still really popular. (Avex supports itunes, unlike many other labels.)

I don't know if you can actually buy the Japanese tracks off US itunes, though some people have told me that you can listen to them. Japanese itunes has pretty poor selection though.

I heard Ayaka (a very talented young singer-songwriter) released her Jewelry Day music video for release on US itunes, so I do recommend checking her out if it's true.

Hikaru Utada was the first major artist on Japanese itunes to offer tracks without copy protection. It could be because of her American upbringing, but she's quite supportive of the download music industry, even offering online exclusives.
PM
krickett
Posted: Jul 11 2007, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 32468

Well, it's about frickin' time tongue.gif
Although my interest in J-pop has lessened recently since they seem to be in some kind of 'Hip-hop' phase that's really boring.
PM
cloudissocool
Posted: Jul 11 2007, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

omg thanks for this!!!
Zevuel
Posted: Jul 11 2007, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Local

QUOTE (pixiebell @ Jul 11 2007, 02:35 PM)
You do realize that Hitomi is a seriously common name, right?

Pop singer Hitomi Shimatani; Hitomi Yoshizawa from MoMu; Hitomi Kuroki, gorgeous former musical actress, and the list goes on. However, it's probably the popular artist "Hitomi" from the Avex label who was super popular in the nineties and is still really popular. (Avex supports itunes, unlike many other labels.)

I don't know if you can actually buy the Japanese tracks off US itunes, though some people have told me that you can listen to them. Japanese itunes has pretty poor selection though.

I heard Ayaka (a very talented young singer-songwriter) released her Jewelry Day music video for release on US itunes, so I do recommend checking her out if it's true.

Hikaru Utada was the first major artist on Japanese itunes to offer tracks without copy protection. It could be because of her American upbringing, but she's quite supportive of the download music industry, even offering online exclusives.

I did check the Hitomi site and the iTunes site. I'm not sure abouut the download/listen question, but the Hitomi I mentioned was the one on iTunes. I also got somethihng wronge in a that post. Hakuto Minami isn't her real name. It's th name she uses when she voies characters in games like Shuffle!. While Hitomi is a common name, her given name, her working name is just Hitomi.
PMEmail Poster
pixiebell
Posted: Jul 11 2007, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Flubber
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zevuel @ Jul 12 2007, 08:05 AM)
I did check the Hitomi site and the iTunes site.  I'm not sure abouut the download/listen question, but the Hitomi I mentioned was the one on iTunes.  I also got somethihng wronge in a that post.  Hakuto Minami isn't her real name.  It's th name she uses when she voies characters in games like Shuffle!.  While Hitomi is a common name, her given name, her working name is just Hitomi.

Out of curiosity, I looked her up, since it's pretty uncommon to have two artists of the same name. But they write their names differently (Avex Hitomi writes her name in roman letters, seiyuu Hitomi uses a combination of Kana and Kanji). Avex Hitomi is on Japan itunes as well. I've never noticed any anime music featured on Japan itunes, unless it was by a major pop artist. Which songs are listed? I'll give it a preview. (She can't be any less talented than Avex Hitomi anyway.)

Btw, it's Hokuto Minami, not Hakuto. Hitomi is probably not her real name either.

edit: I checked itunes when I got home and couldn't find the Hitomi you were referring to. I only could find Shimatani Hitomi, Yaida Hitomi and Hitomi (the Avex singer). If the Hitomi you saw listed songs such as Candy Girl, Love 2000, Sexy, Pretty Eyes, this is the Avex singer, not the seiyuu.

This post has been edited by pixiebell on Jul 12 2007, 08:46 AM
PM
Raikoh_Minamoto
Posted: Jul 11 2007, 10:46 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 60585

QUOTE (YangStaZ @ Jul 7 2007, 10:45 PM)
What about Utdata Hikaru? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Yes! I want Sanctuary, damnit!

First they don't have the HL2 soundtrack (after a press release from Valve that said it was).
Then they don't have Voices from DoRe (it's the theme from Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors, and it's nothing short of crazy).
Then they don't even have Picture from Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow.
Then they don't have the Batman Beyond soundtrack (What? I like my techno).

So far, iTunes has done nothing but dissappoint me, the closest thing to J-Pop I ever found was Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. Which is still an awesome song and all, but still.
PMEmail Poster
Rukia-Sensei
Posted: Jul 14 2007, 09:45 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

They have Utada Hikaru on there her newer album Ultra Blue I believe it is called
Zevuel
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 07:49 AM
Quote Post

Local

QUOTE (pixiebell @ Jul 11 2007, 08:17 PM)
Out of curiosity, I looked her up, since it's pretty uncommon to have two artists of the same name. But they write their names differently (Avex Hitomi writes her name in roman letters, seiyuu Hitomi uses a combination of Kana and Kanji). Avex Hitomi is on Japan itunes as well. I've never noticed any anime music featured on Japan itunes, unless it was by a major pop artist. Which songs are listed? I'll give it a preview. (She can't be any less talented than Avex Hitomi anyway.)

Btw, it's Hokuto Minami, not Hakuto. Hitomi is probably not her real name either.

edit: I checked itunes when I got home and couldn't find the Hitomi you were referring to. I only could find Shimatani Hitomi, Yaida Hitomi and Hitomi (the Avex singer). If the Hitomi you saw listed songs such as Candy Girl, Love 2000, Sexy, Pretty Eyes, this is the Avex singer, not the seiyuu.

Sou? Are you sure. i looked at the covers on the site and at iTunes, and they were the same. Hokuto Hitomi is her real name as far as I know, but the name Hakuto Minami was an alias. She might be considered a seiyuu, but because she hasn't had many roles in any games or anime, and she seemed a popular singer, I thought it was the same person.
PMEmail Poster
Zevuel
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Local

Ooops. I got the name wrong again... You may be more right than I think, but not completely. Go to iTunes and search hitomi. Yoiu get 4 album covers. Then, go to AnimeNewsNetwork and search Hakuto Minami or Hitomi. You get the page for the Seiyuu one way or another with mention of the anime roles and music career. If you go to the homepage liked on that page and go to discography, than singles, the 4 images in iTunes, and the album names, match.

There's really only one way to know though. Download, or buy, the ablum with Pureness (I did both at one point) and then buy a song or two off iTunes. Listen, then compare. I'll do oit as soon as I get a computer with iTunes, but that'll be a while. Check out the two sites an see what you think.
PMEmail Poster
pixiebell
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

Flubber
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zevuel @ Jul 15 2007, 11:02 PM)
Ooops.  I got the name wrong again... You may be more right than I think, but not completely.  Go to iTunes and search hitomi.  Yoiu get 4 album covers.  Then, go to AnimeNewsNetwork and search Hakuto Minami or Hitomi.  You get the page for the Seiyuu one way or another with mention of the anime roles and music career.  If you go to the homepage liked on that page and go to discography, than singles, the 4 images in iTunes, and the album names, match.

There's really only one way to know though.  Download, or buy, the ablum with Pureness (I did both at one point) and then buy a song or two off iTunes.  Listen, then compare.  I'll do oit as soon as I get a computer with iTunes, but that'll be a while.  Check out the two sites an see what you think.

All of the albums I see are for the other Hitomi. I don't see Pureness listed either. This other Hitomi is REALLY popular. It's possible that the listings you saw are for her, not the Seiyuu. The picture on these albums are of Avex Hitomi. And I've actually heard these albums, unlike you. She was a top ten artist when I was a teenage.

You do realize that the Hitomi you are talking about is in her 40's and wouldn't likely be posing partially nude on her album covers, right? If you haven't even heard of the Avex artist Hitomi, then you probably don't know what you're talking about.

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitomi this is the Hitomi I am talking about. Notice that she's not a seiyuu and her album information matches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minami_Hokuto this is the one you are talking about. Different person.

This post has been edited by pixiebell on Jul 15 2007, 08:24 AM
PM
Cortana
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

namada says: :●
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Hokuto Minami (nee HITOMI)'s original name is Hokuto Minami. (or she has yet another alias for real life. HITOMI is her alias for working 'in-the-light' as it were, doing legitimate non-erogame projects. She is NOT a singer.

Furuya Hitomi (古谷仁美) is avex's hitomi (ヒトミ). They are not the same person.

AND SHE'S NOT 40 YET! ONLY 39! =)
PMEmail PosterIntegrity Messenger IMICQAOLYahoo
CrackPr0n-EET-
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 11:25 AM
Quote Post

"It's は flavored for my pleasure."
Group Icon

Member No.: 760

QUOTE (Zevuel @ Jul 15 2007, 06:02 AM)
Ooops.  I got the name wrong again... You may be more right than I think, but not completely.  Go to iTunes and search hitomi.  Yoiu get 4 album covers.  Then, go to AnimeNewsNetwork and search Hakuto Minami or Hitomi.  You get the page for the Seiyuu one way or another with mention of the anime roles and music career.  If you go to the homepage liked on that page and go to discography, than singles, the 4 images in iTunes, and the album names, match.

There's really only one way to know though.  Download, or buy, the ablum with Pureness (I did both at one point) and then buy a song or two off iTunes.  Listen, then compare.  I'll do oit as soon as I get a computer with iTunes, but that'll be a while.  Check out the two sites an see what you think.

N'ah...

the only way to really know... is to not be a stupid fuck. You really don't know shit, yet you're arguing with Pixie, who follows JP music, and plenty of friends who follow music and anime etc.

THEY'RE NOT THE SAME FUCKING PERSON.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitomi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitomi_%28voice_actress%29

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

OMG they're the same person aren't they?!?!?!? I mean... 9 year difference and all. Song lists, etc.

Hokuto never did music outside of the chara-songs. She's not an idol, and itunes would not put up random fuck chara-songs up unless it was of an amazingly popular series. Furuya however... is a huge icon in Japan and has been an idol for quite a long time topping charts multiple times. She's on par with the biggest names of Japanese pop music. They would definitely put her up on itunes.

... so where exactly was Pixiebell wrong in this? And how in any way are you even remotely correct?

This post has been edited by CrackPr0n-EET- on Jul 15 2007, 11:27 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
sanhima
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Are you talking about the iTunes US or the iTunes Japan?

SO and I have been downlaoding from iTunes Japan for a few months now, since we discovered that J-List sells the iTunes card. I need to check and see how much we have left. We sort of went on a downloading spree the last time we reloaded our account.

For some reason, I have better luck downloading music than he does and he has a newer computer than me. Go figure. tongue.gif
Zevuel
Posted: Jul 18 2007, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Local

Uguu~ Bad information I guess. I was using the link from the ANN about the seiyuu and I guess it was linked to the singer's site. So yeah, I was wrong.

Oh, and the conversation is about the J-pop being accessable in iTunes America, sanhima.

Oh, and be I a stupid fuck or just miss informed, an at least not being an ass about it.
PMEmail Poster
CrackPr0n-EET-
Posted: Jul 18 2007, 11:07 PM
Quote Post

"It's は flavored for my pleasure."
Group Icon

Member No.: 760

QUOTE (Zevuel @ Jul 18 2007, 10:14 AM)
Uguu~ Bad information I guess. I was using the link from the ANN about the seiyuu and I guess it was linked to the singer's site. So yeah, I was wrong.

Oh, and the conversation is about the J-pop being accessable in iTunes America, sanhima.

Oh, and be I a stupid fuck or just miss informed, an at least not being an ass about it.

Oh but the thing is, you give people a REASON to be an ass to you. Because instead of realizing you were wrong even after being proven, YOU ACTED LIKE YOU WERE RIGHT, and OTHERS WERE WRONG. Pixiebell was rather polite to you and you kept acting like she didn't know what she was talking about, because you obviously thought you knew more about a subject you know jack shit about.

And ANN links the wrong page... but uhm... couldn't you tell by the picture of her on ANN compared to the pictures of her on the website and realize "HOLY MOTHER FUCKING GOD, THESE PEOPLE LOOK NOTHING ALIKE...!!!"

Or does that take too much mind processing power? Maybe looked at the profiles of the girls, realized the total differences? I don't know... maybe used a little intelligence at all?

iTunes has had a lot of JP stuff on it for a while now. It's growing a little bit, and it's almost entirely comprised of Avex stuff(LOL I wonder why).
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Zevuel
Posted: Jul 20 2007, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Local

QUOTE (CrackPr0n-EET- @ Jul 18 2007, 11:07 PM)
Oh but the thing is, you give people a REASON to be an ass to you. Because instead of realizing you were wrong even after being proven, YOU ACTED LIKE YOU WERE RIGHT, and OTHERS WERE WRONG. Pixiebell was rather polite to you and you kept acting like she didn't know what she was talking about, because you obviously thought you knew more about a subject you know jack shit about.

And ANN links the wrong page... but uhm... couldn't you tell by the picture of her on ANN compared to the pictures of her on the website and realize "HOLY MOTHER FUCKING GOD, THESE PEOPLE LOOK NOTHING ALIKE...!!!"

Or does that take too much mind processing power? Maybe looked at the profiles of the girls, realized the total differences? I don't know... maybe used a little intelligence at all?

iTunes has had a lot of JP stuff on it for a while now. It's growing a little bit, and it's almost entirely comprised of Avex stuff(LOL I wonder why).

Well, you are right my little ass, but isn't the point of asking questions, repeatedly or otherwise, about getting answers. Yes, I asked a lot, and yes, I looked at the pictures and compared. First, I asked so tht I could obtain the right information. Wheather I thought I was right or not I was never rude (or at least I never tried to be). Second, after working with cameras, I've learned just how easy it would be to make the same person look different in two pictures. I didn't know if Pixiebell was an expert, but I figured making sure wouldn't hurt. As you've proven, the internet doesn't always provide accurate information.
PMEmail Poster
sanhima
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

QUOTE (Zevuel @ Jul 18 2007, 12:14 PM)
Uguu~  Bad information I guess.  I was using the link from the ANN about the seiyuu and I guess it was linked to the singer's site.  So yeah, I was wrong.

Cool, I had no idea that iTunes US was finally offering J-Pop. I'm going to have to check it out later. I got an update last night, but I was too tired to really look at the store.

We were throughly convinced that the only way we could get J-Pop was either a) paying tons of money for the cd import to get one or two songs we liked b ) pray that some of the companies licensing anime would put out cds (so far Geneon has been the only one who answered our prayers) or c) illegally download the songs.

C would never be an option as I am a paranoid little critter. I wear my tinfoil hat everywhere!

This post has been edited by sanhima on Jul 23 2007, 09:09 AM
Zevuel
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 04:09 AM
Quote Post

Local

Funny thing. The Cds arn't expencive just because their imports. There expencive to start with. Random knowledge^^ No,m even if the Jpop you want isn't at the Anerican Itunes, you just switch the country and language (at the same time) and you spend 150 yen per song(about $1.15).
PMEmail Poster
sanhima
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

QUOTE (Zevuel @ Jul 24 2007, 04:09 AM)
Funny thing. The Cds arn't expencive just because their imports. There expencive to start with. Random knowledge^^ No,m even if the Jpop you want isn't at the Anerican Itunes, you just switch the country and language (at the same time) and you spend 150 yen per song(about $1.15).

Yes, I know how to switch from US to Japan iTunes; been doing it for about 6 months now thanks to J-List selling the Japanese iTunes card. I think we have about 1300 yen left on the account.

The problem we run into is trying to find songs for anime where the cd is out of print - the opening to Utawarerumono is a perfect example.
Zevuel
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Local

QUOTE (sanhima @ Jul 24 2007, 08:59 AM)
Yes, I know how to switch from US to Japan iTunes; been doing it for about 6 months now thanks to J-List selling the Japanese iTunes card. I think we have about 1300 yen left on the account.

The problem we run into is trying to find songs for anime where the cd is out of print - the opening to Utawarerumono is a perfect example.

Good example. Lest you go there and look for it yourself, torrents would be the only option in that case. Its hard enought ot get those cds without them being obscure or rare.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) All [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic