l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (6) All 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topic

> Miho Is Gay, And Here's The Proof
EvilDeath
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 41051

QUOTE (Wavebird_Ocelot @ Mar 11 2007, 08:05 PM)
You mean in the Cave of Evil? There's nothing there except that Miho seems disappointed that Largo claims not to care about their online relationship - which can be explained a number of ways. Even if she does have romantic feelings for Largo, this is hardly evidence that she's bisexual.

I think he meant when Largo talked about the treason he and Piro suffered in EndGames to Erika or mainly this strip [852]
PMEmail Poster
wordwarrior
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

~Super☆Affection~

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 57076

QUOTE (2007digitalboy @ Mar 11 2007, 07:58 PM)
When Largo tells Erika of the betrayal of his and Piro's character and tere's an image that looks like Pirogoeth nude under a blanket or something (am I seeing things?) that I always took to have been her having slept with Niho.

Oh creepin' hell ... I'm going to get a slap for pimping this out of the Fanart sub-forum, but for all you other color-blind people:

user posted image

The whole 9 yards context. mad.gif

(unless there's more on this topic in the book 1 extra ... I don't have that).
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
Seth
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 35045

I just finished 2 bottles, This is one hell of a Miho theory thread.

I seriously doubt she is a lesbian though.
--------------------
Rakka from Haibane Renmai needs your vote! Dont let a dating sim character beat the inspiration for Circuity

This post has been edited by Seth on Mar 11 2007, 08:46 PM
PMUsers Website
MoneyMan
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 08:52 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 18393

More likely, this is Miho trying to wrest control of Piro's character by acting toward Pirogoeth as she would respond to a man acting toward her. Inside information.

Frankly I'm almost suprised nobody is accusing Largo of being gay for brushing off Erika twice now.
PMEmail Poster
CountAlpicola
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 08:57 PM
Quote Post

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10078

QUOTE (AfroManFlounders)
I am pretty sure when you are being very suductive to a member of the opposite sex, who at the time was drunk, is a tell tale sign they are attracted to the opposite sex.
I don't see where you get this from. Miho's actions at the Cave that night were not really the sort that come from that sort of sexual attraction. The analogy cuts close to the mentality behind rape; sure, there's a sexual component to it, but the act itself is about control, not sex.

Likewise with Miho, her play at the Cave was an exercise in control. She wanted Largo to recognize her, not necessarily as a romance partner, but at least as an individual. But Largo, even in his weakened state, wouldn't submit, and so she kept turning up the intensity to try to keep herself on top of him. None of that implicates her sexuality as much as it does her need to be in charge.

~~*~~

Oh, and Miho is straight. The gay character is Sayuri. wink.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
wordwarrior
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

~Super☆Affection~

QUOTE (MoneyMan @ Mar 11 2007, 08:52 PM)
Frankly I'm almost suprised nobody is accusing Largo of being gay for brushing off Erika twice now.

Dude, you and Rip Van Winkle laugh.gif The forum was aflame with this kind of comments last month. Some guy even called Largo shitless laugh.gif (actually meant shirt-less, but the typo was dead on).

[edit] Wot ? You cannot mean ... the ant-eater was a she ? ph34r.gif
laugh.gif

This post has been edited by wordwarrior on Mar 11 2007, 09:23 PM
Wavebird_Ocelot
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 10:10 PM
Quote Post

Just happy to be here

Member No.: 35190

QUOTE (EvilDeath)
I think he meant when Largo talked about the treason he and Piro suffered in EndGames to Erika or mainly this strip [852]

Ah, thank you for actually quoting a specific strip. I'd forgotten about that, for some reason. :/

Still, I think that could still possibly be chalked up to just being part of the game. One's actions in a role-playing game don't necessarily equal real-life attitudes.
PM
wordwarrior
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

~Super☆Affection~

QUOTE (Wavebird_Ocelot @ Mar 11 2007, 10:10 PM)
Still, I think that could still possibly be chalked up to just being part of the game. One's actions in a role-playing game don't necessarily equal real-life attitudes.

Like, for some unknown reason, Fred made strip 440, 'Naze Nani "Gameworld" MegaTokyo'. Panel 3, Piroko: 'Even though our actions are dictated by our real life counterparts, we really are separate entities. Piro and I aren't even the same gender.' Followed in panel 4: 'Yet there is a synergistic relationship that gives us 'will' and our players the ability to have adventures that they could never ...'. Linku.

Yeah, what's all that babbling about ? wink.gif
l33t_m45t4_cr0w
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 12:25 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 58497

QUOTE (k0llin @ Mar 11 2007, 06:35 AM)
In [612] she's wearing one on her left hand, and in [432] both hands.

Therefore, I can't see any greater meaning than fashion choice.

must be bi
PMEmail PosterAOL
Pilomotor
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 01:12 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 58320

QUOTE (l33t_m45t4_cr0w @ Mar 12 2007, 01:25 AM)
must be bi

Y'know, Elton John has been known to wear earrings in both ears. Your reasoning would make him bisexual. What do you think of that?
PMEmail Poster
Avanindra
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 01:19 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Come on guys... See how many video games she plays? They've got to be magnetic rings. Like them magnetic bracelets stooges buy because they think they help arthritis.

Please note that I am just blowing this theory out my ass.
Piro
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 01:26 AM
Quote Post

seraphim fanboy
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Supercookie @ Mar 11 2007, 06:35 AM)
This has been claimed several times before, and now I have the evidence to prove it. Take a look at frame five it comic 872. A thumb ring, on her right hand. Now, what does Wikipedia have to say about thumb rings?

There you have it. The evidence that Miho is a lesbian!

Well, two things:

first off, it says 'more recently.' Miho may not be an 'ancient' evil, but i'd hardly equate 'a more recent vintage' of evil with something like a 'more recent' symbolic assignment to a fashion accessory. It wasn't long ago that if a man had an earing, he was gay. That hasn't been the case for a long time.

And the most definitive proof of all that you're 'proof' is bullshit is this: She's not gay.

Feel like arguing with me about it? go ahead. It won't change the fact.

Considering the fact that you really don't even know if she's human or alive or if she even really exists at all, i think her sexual orientation is rather moot. You folks have a tendency to think that just because something exists in piro's world it's solid and real. Just like Largo's world, it might or might not be. For all you know, Kimiko could be a fantasy, while Largo's zombies could be real. You gotta admit, there is something odd about Piro's world, don't you think?

Finally, the point has been raised - so what if she was gay? When points like this are made this way, with big forum posts "MIHO IS GAY!" it is done almost as an accusation.

There's enough gay bashing in the world, don't do it on my forums. I see it again, and its a permanent ban.

Oh, and as i've said before there is a gay character in Megatokyo, but she's not a major character. Her sexual orientation has little to do with her interaction with other characters in the story so its not really an issue. (just because she's a Lesbian doesn't mean she comes on to other girl characters, etc). It just happens to be part of who she is, as much as anyone's sexuality is part of what makes them them. No one ever obsesses over the fact that someone is straight, so whats the deal?

fred
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
stsparky
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 02:01 AM
Quote Post

Otosan no Ninja no Hime Satomi

Member No.: 30339

Culture is odd enough in the real world, which Megatokyo isn't. One's orientation should not matter. And having something clearly spelt is often strange in popular literature even when someone is teaching a lesson in tolerance.

Which is why I never agreed with Sabyr as to who is gay and who isn't. Actions seem more important than fashion as an indicator. And one should hope Fred has the final word as to what's what here.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSN
The One_(part2)
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 02:08 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 46593

And the most definitive proof of all that you're 'proof' is bullshit is this: She's not gay.

Well, now this thread can be closed.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Philweasel
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 02:43 AM
Quote Post

Not a Pedophile

Member No.: 27356

QUOTE (Piro @ Mar 12 2007, 01:26 AM)
Finally, the point has been raised - so what if she was gay?  When points like this are made this way, with big forum posts "MIHO IS GAY!" it is done almost as an accusation.

I think it's turned into some forum in joke now personally, a rather tiresome one I admit as it just shows some of the clichés people still seem to believe.

Bisexual people aren't all sluts who are into threesomes. People who roleplay heterosexual characters of opposite genders aren't gay (It's still a heterosexual romance, and it's just writing). Taking enough interest in someone else’s body to notice they're anatomically correct does mean you want to sex them up, it just means you're not TOTALLY BLIND (Is this the same reasoning that claims looking at naked men makes you gay?)

Miho seems comfortable in her own body, and with her own sexuality, I think that's what made me think bisexual. That too is cliche I suppose, that if everyone was honest with themselves they'd be bisexual. I guess none of us are immune to vast generalisations.

This post has been edited by Philweasel on Mar 12 2007, 03:05 AM
PM
2010digitalboy
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 03:45 AM
Quote Post

DANGEROUS BOY

Member No.: 57037

Finally, the point has been raised - so what if she was gay? When points like this are made this way, with big forum posts "MIHO IS GAY!" it is done almost as an accusation.

Just like in the story, we all have our fantasies. Some of us robably want Miho to be gay/bi somewhere in our minds laugh.gif

(I don't mean that in the perverted sense neccessarily either)
PMEmail Poster
MoneyMan
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 05:32 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 18393

QUOTE (Piro @ Mar 12 2007, 07:26 AM)
She's not gay.

Is she a fairy godmother?
PMEmail Poster
i_sniff_blue
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 56271

<snip>
Considering the fact that you really don't even know if she's human or alive or if she even really exists at all, i think her sexual orientation is rather moot. You folks have a tendency to think that just because something exists in piro's world it's solid and real. Just like Largo's world, it might or might not be. For all you know, Kimiko could be a fantasy, while Largo's zombies could be real. You gotta admit, there is something odd about Piro's world, don't you think?
<snip>

well, i'm glad this is over.

oh yeah, Piro's world has been a bit too 'dating sim-ish'...I had always accepted this as part of the reality of the comic. I hadn't ever considered that both characters might be living life in their own gameworlds...hmmm

*goes off to ponder a while*
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOLYahooMSN
xkaliboor
  Posted: Mar 12 2007, 06:46 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 35104

QUOTE (FreezingFire @ Mar 11 2007, 01:48 PM)
I've been saying (to myself) for a while now that I'd love to meet/date someone like Miho. 

I'm kidding, of course... but I do think a woman like Miho would be interesting/intriguing/fascinating to date.

lol i really agree with this
i'v always thought it may b fun to date a goth girl

one of my best friends in highschool was a neo-goth girl -- she was more obsessed with japanese lolita fashion than i am with other japan things.... o_o (tho i've only seen her wear one of those loli dresses once......)
[yes, im a guy.. and yes, i've had female friends without actually wanting to go to bed with them.. and no, i am not gay - ask my girlfriend tongue.gif]

theire very interesting people, neo-goth girls...

as for the ring thing, its a FASHION thing
we have to remember, Mihosan IS japanese.. and as a japanese, people should know and try to understand that they have a rather.. interesting fashion..
specifically the tokyo youth - both males and females

do some research, people...

edit: forgot to say, just because she acts the way she acts with pingchan, it doesnt mean she's gay..
but personally, trying not to judge her, i believe she may be bi-sexual, as most neo-goth japanese girls i know, if not all of them, are bi-sexual... and i know more than a handful of them....
(understand that not all lolita's r neo-goth, and not all neo-goths r lolitas - they perceive both styles as being a way of life and not just another fashion statement - there ARE some (quite a few) who r both neo-goths AND lolitas tho..)

hope i made some clarity in the subject
-x, out emot-eng101.gif

This post has been edited by xkaliboor on Mar 12 2007, 06:52 AM
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
pixiebell
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Flubber
Group Icon

Member No.: 36406

QUOTE (xkaliboor @ Mar 12 2007, 09:46 PM)
lol i really agree with this
i'v always thought it may b fun to date a goth girl

one of my best friends in highschool was a neo-goth girl -- she was more obsessed with japanese lolita fashion than i am with other japan things.... o_o (tho i've only seen her wear one of those loli dresses once......)
[yes, im a guy.. and yes, i've had female friends without actually wanting to go to bed with them.. and no, i am not gay - ask my girlfriend tongue.gif]

theire very interesting people, neo-goth girls...

as for the ring thing, its a FASHION thing
we have to remember, Mihosan IS japanese.. and as a japanese, people should know and try to understand that they have a rather.. interesting fashion..
specifically the tokyo youth - both males and females

do some research, people...

edit: forgot to say, just because she acts the way she acts with pingchan, it doesnt mean she's gay..
but personally, trying not to judge her, i believe she may be bi-sexual, as most neo-goth japanese girls i know, if not all of them, are bi-sexual... and i know more than a handful of them....
(understand that not all lolita's r neo-goth, and not all neo-goths r lolitas - they perceive both styles as being a way of life and not just another fashion statement - there ARE some (quite a few) who r both neo-goths AND lolitas tho..)

hope i made some clarity in the subject
-x, out emot-eng101.gif

Uh . . what was the point of this post? The debate is OVER. Stop talking about her sexuality.

And no, you didn't add any clarity. And for someone telling people to do research, you don't seem to have done any yourself. You certainly seem to like your stereotypes.

(What the hell is a neo-goth?)

It'd probably surprise you if I told you what one of the most common accessories in Tokyo is. It's a Louis Vuitton bag. Yes, a LV bag. Japan accounts for over 30% of LV's WORLDWIDE sales from what I was told. Considering that Japan isn't even 30% of the world population, imagine how many people own these bags.

Sure, some people in Tokyo interestingly, but most people dress prettty normal. I would hardly call thumbrings out of the ordinary. I recently sent Fred a shipment of Japanese youth fashion magazines. These magazines hardly look different from any teen mags you see in any other country. (Though I think some of these kids could use more flattering colors and fit). Most of Tokyo thinks the gothic lolitas are weird.

Using Miho's nationality as a reason for how she dresses is like saying all of America dresses like gangsta rappers.
PM
BinaryTears
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 08:09 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 54878

Hah, thats funny. Just about to say something, and then Fred ninja's the thought even before the typing.

QUOTE (Fred)
Considering the fact that you really don't even know if she's human or alive or if she even really exists at all, i think her sexual orientation is rather moot.

Interesting way of putting it. Considering I think Miho is NOT human, and given what I suspect she is, the issue of whether she's 'alive' or not might be rather difficult to answer. (Even by Ping.) I'd suggest Miho definitely exists (in the MT world) given her ability to influence events.

The point I wanted to make, is that she's likely not human, and so the idea of her 'sexual orientation' is nearly meaningless. Whether she _wants_ to be human, whether she has some chance of becoming human, and what her preferences might be if she suceeded, those are the questions. The last is of little significance, relative to the other two.

Once again, most people here interpreted actions and events in the MT world by the scales of their own worldview. Hence, sexual preference considered important in itself, or important to understanding Miho's actions, or at least worth debating.

Btw, it appears to me that her rings (one each thumb) are not fashion accessories. They are something to do with her powers, as is her hair ribbon, and also her 'mobile phone' (whatever it really is.)

You gotta admit, there is something odd about Piro's world, don't you think?

Oh yes, I do, I do.

Edit: PS. I'd like to date Miho too. Whatever 'she' is. I love a mystery.

This post has been edited by BinaryTears on Mar 12 2007, 08:12 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Philweasel
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

Not a Pedophile

In a way sexual orientation is similar to character age, and Piro and Largo’s real names. Not really important to the story, but a source of continual fascination on our part.
Taking enough interest in someone else’s body to notice they're anatomically correct does not mean you want to sex them up, it just means you're not TOTALLY BLIND

Yay, dislexia strikes again! happy.gif

This post has been edited by Philweasel on Mar 12 2007, 09:23 AM
PM
Kalium
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Pun Putter
Group Icon

Group: Fake Mods
Member No.: 52475

QUOTE (Piro @ Mar 12 2007, 02:26 AM)
You folks have a tendency to think that just because something exists in piro's world it's solid and real. Just like Largo's world, it might or might not be. For all you know, Kimiko could be a fantasy, while Largo's zombies could be real. You gotta admit, there is something odd about Piro's world, don't you think?

This is probably the most interesting part of Fred's rant. The reader is presented with what seem to be dual realities. The general assumption is that the one closer to what the reader is familiar with must be correct, rendering the other one a delusion. I think it's fair to dismiss this on two counts. First, it's entirely too simplistic, too neat, and too easy by half. Second, it completely fails to account for all the ways in which Largo-vision bleeds through into other things.

I need to formalize some of my ideas on this, but they have shades of "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it".
CountAlpicola
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 10078

QUOTE (BinaryTears)
The point I wanted to make, is that she's likely not human, and so the idea of her 'sexual orientation' is nearly meaningless.
If I may depart fairly dramatically from the topic for a moment, I'm curious what, exactly, you mean by this. Is the argument that you can't meaningfully question the sexuality of a non-human? Or perhaps more that the question of her humanity so outweighs the question of her sexual orientation that the latter becomes entirely insignificant?

[edit]
QUOTE (Kalium)
Second, it completely fails to account for all the ways in which Largo-vision bleeds through into other things.
Nor, on a similar note, for Largo's relatively high accuracy rate when identifying and evaluating problems. He's actually a lot better at it than Piro, despite the assumption that Piro is working from a much more correct point of view.

This post has been edited by CountAlpicola on Mar 12 2007, 09:31 AM
Philweasel
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 09:34 AM
Quote Post

Not a Pedophile

QUOTE (CountAlpicola @ Mar 12 2007, 09:27 AM)
Is the argument that you can't meaningfully question the sexuality of a non-human? Or perhaps more that the question of her humanity so outweighs the question of her sexual orientation that the latter becomes entirely insignificant?

I think an answer to that might be a little too much to hope for, don't you? That was already about 300% more than Fred normally reveals outside the comic.

I quite like that he did however, it certainly hints at dozens of interesting posibilities.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) All 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » Closed TopicStart new topic