l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (6) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ah! My Goddess Season 3 News
Kenichi Tanaka
Posted: Sep 5 2006, 04:27 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 30756

It looks like that there might be problems with Ah My Goddess getting a third season. Apparently, from a source on my website, it's being reported that Ghoada wasn't successful in getting the TBS directors to authorize a third season for this wonderful anime series and they're betting the third season on the ratings game for the last few episodes of the second season as well as DVD sales for the Season 2 DVD's.

Has anyone confirmed this news?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Tomar
Posted: Sep 5 2006, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

Ultimate l33t One

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 205

As much as I have a soft spot for this show, the problem with AMG is that they are just "recycling". If you know the series, in particular, read the material then you know exactly what happens in each and every episode. If no one is watching the show it is simply because everyone has seen it before.

I've always felt they need to do some original material as well as do well established stories. That will get people interested in the show again. There are some old stories that would be interesting animated but if a third season is just going to be more of the same then no thanks.
PMEmail Poster
DaRk_KnIgHt
Posted: Sep 5 2006, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

blaarghlebleeeergh--

Member No.: 3729

For people who never read the manga like me, its all good.

But well, some fans can go a bit omg, its not following the manga properly its bad. Well, there has been a bunch of anime converted from manga that took a nosedive at the ending because the manga hasn't reached its end therefore they came up with their own way of ending things.

Original material done right would be good for sucking in old fans of the series but it wouldn't mean much for people who didn't follow the manga. But then, I guess most people who are watching this were fans of the manga.
PMEmail Poster
pixiebell
Posted: Sep 6 2006, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Flubber
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 36406

Well, I doubt it has to do with the funding so much, though I didn't ask. There'll probably be a third series eventually. The plan for now is to put space in between.

Certain members of the staff are glad to have a break for at least a bit. They've been working endlessly for like two years. The last ep. should be done by the end of this month.
PM
Sorwen
Posted: Sep 6 2006, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 6859

I can't of course say anything about 2 & 3, but while I was 50/50 on what I liked of season 1. My main problem was that they went to close to the manga and then missed the mark. All show no substance? Lacking the heart? If you are going to try to follow something as close as they did it becomes very important to keep the "spirit" of what you are showing as much as what you are showing. I found often they would show almost the exact same thing, but totally miss the point that was made in the story. Every volume/set/series/sub plot what ever you wish to group it had a point. Something the Manga-Ka seemed to want to say or inadvertently said that just doesn't seem to come across in the anime. For once I have to say I would have enjoyed it more if it wouldn't have been so close to the manga. Not because I've seen it before, but because to me the whole point was lost.

I can't say this is why others might have a problem with it, but I would think some might think the same way. I might buy season 2 when it comes out, but right now I'm not sure.

This post has been edited by Sorwen on Sep 6 2006, 11:53 AM
PMUsers Website
Kenichi Tanaka
Posted: Sep 6 2006, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Well, I'm the admin of "The Goddess Project" and when one of my community members posted that information through a PM he had sent me I thought I'd post the question here since I'm aware that there are a lot of members here that are from Japan and who might be aware of industry news or have access to it.

The fact that this could merely an extended break from the series to determine what direction the series is going to go in or possibly wait unitl the sales of the DVD's from Season 2 are generated a little better, I thought I'd see if anyone here had any information.
Cymbaline
Posted: Sep 6 2006, 02:53 PM
Quote Post

This Plane Will Crash Tomorrow
Group Icon

Member No.: 8329

Th... They're still making this show? But... why?
PMUsers Website
omoikane
Posted: Sep 6 2006, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

♪mojimoji shite kimoi ne♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 14

People are interested in it! I mean, people are still buying robotech today, for crying out loud. Fujishima's AMG empire, if anything, is seriously underexploited.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOL
Tomar
Posted: Sep 6 2006, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Ultimate l33t One

QUOTE (Cymbaline @ Sep 6 2006, 02:53 PM)
Th... They're still making this show?  But... why?

It isn't a bad show. It just isn't anything that special especially if you know the ending of each episode.
PMEmail Poster
stormy001
Posted: Sep 6 2006, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 23541

It is one of the anime that goes no where in terms of resolution. I liked the art but I have no patience with the s-t-o-r-y.
PMEmail PosterMSN
pixiebell
Posted: Sep 6 2006, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Flubber
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kenichi Tanaka @ Sep 7 2006, 04:11 AM)
Well, I'm the admin of "The Goddess Project" and when one of my community members posted that information through a PM he had sent me I thought I'd post the question here since I'm aware that there are a lot of members here that are from Japan and who might be aware of industry news or have access to it.

The fact that this could merely an extended break from the series to determine what direction the series is going to go in or possibly wait unitl the sales of the DVD's from Season 2 are generated a little better, I thought I'd see if anyone here had any information.

I'm close friends with someone who works on AMG, and he hasn't heard anything about money, but that's not really his field either. He just draws pictures.

He put it this way, "Haven't we put out enough that we're allowed to go on a break for a while?"

But he encourages you all to buy the DVDs!

(And while we're at it, I think you should also buy the Count of Monte Crisco (Gakutsuou) DVD's)

Edit: I forgot to add . . I would also like to encourage you to buy the AMG novel that just came out. (Hehe, shameless plugging)

This post has been edited by pixiebell on Sep 6 2006, 09:05 PM
PM
Tomar
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

Ultimate l33t One

I do wonder if they should "slow down". I don't mind watching the show where I would not mind if they did a "one on, one off" kind of thing.
PMEmail Poster
DaRk_KnIgHt
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

blaarghlebleeeergh--

I watch it as if I watch Aria. The story is probably just going to banter and go nowhere so lets just enjoy it as a slice of life.
PMEmail Poster
Deetheories
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 54141

can anyone tell me if the seconde series went past episode 15? as at the end of ep 15 it has a previeww of the next episode but i cant find it anywhere...

~Dee~
PMEmail Poster
BFP
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 23661

I would rather just see the manga finally end with a wedding or whatever, then have the series as a whole made into a single series (either 26 or 52) by some totally crazy person who can put a different spin on it.

As it is now, the series is quite boring because it's meandering along to an ending that nobody knows.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Kenichi Tanaka
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

Addict

I have to say that the wedding theory is one of the most popular opinions being discussed on the forums on my site, at least, as-so-far as the manga series is concerned.

pixiebell, thank you for sharing that information with me. It's always nice to hear that the series may return at a later time after a much deserved break. Gives TBS time to run AMG season 1 and season 2 completely through, giving some promotion time to hype the sales of the DVD's in Japan.
Cymbaline
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 05:59 PM
Quote Post

This Plane Will Crash Tomorrow
Group Icon

Member No.: 8329

QUOTE (Tomar @ Sep 6 2006, 07:37 PM)
It isn't a bad show.

I think it would almost be better if it were!
PMUsers Website
pixiebell
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 07:09 PM
Quote Post

Flubber
Group Icon

Another announcement (shameless plug) for you AMG fans. I have just been told that Hidenori Matsubara will be putting out his first artbook late this year!!! *round of applause*

He says as much as he would love for you to buy all the DVD's and such, he would REALLY REALLY love for you to buy this artbook. He's not sure if you can order import artbooks, but he'd love to hear about you guys buying it off Amazon, if possible. smile.gif

He will also be working on another project right after the AMG season ends this month in a much smaller capacity, and that project is supposed to be announced today. (Though his name won't be in that announcement, but it's going to be a big announcement, nonetheless.)
PM
DaRk_KnIgHt
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

blaarghlebleeeergh--

I watch it as if I watch Aria. The story is probably just going to banter and go nowhere so lets just enjoy it as a slice of life.
PMEmail Poster
Great S.G.
Posted: Sep 8 2006, 01:08 AM
Quote Post

Ridin' the Storm Out

Member No.: 4197

As much as I like the series, what others have said is true, if you've read the manga you pretty much know what will happen. I did enjoy the first season, but I never bothered to watch any of the second, it really was just something to pass the time with but the pacing is incredibly show and the music is unbelievably dull.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Kenichi Tanaka
Posted: Sep 8 2006, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Thanks, pixiebell. I'd love to post that information over on my site. The more support we can get for the DVD purchases and the artwooks, the better we can do to bring the third season to anime fans everywhere. wink.gif
Kenichi Tanaka
Posted: Sep 9 2006, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Addict

pixiebell, have you heard anything about the number of episodes that's supposed to end this current season? There's been some speculation that the current season will end at 22 broadcast episodes with 2 OVA episodes (Direct to DVD) while some of us have been speculating a full 26 episodes.

Any hints at all about this?
pixiebell
Posted: Sep 9 2006, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

Flubber
Group Icon

I haven't heard anything about OVA. I am assuming there isn't one. Hidenori Matsubara is slated to work on the evangelion movies (as an animator) soon after this, so I doubt there is time to make any OVAs.

I'm not sure about the number of episodes either. I've been trying to call Hide to tell him this funny joke about a turkey and he hasn't been answering his phone, so they probably have him locked up finishing the last eps. (Or he's passed out from lack of sleep.)

I thought he said they had aired 20 or 21 already and they were working on 2 more. I don't know how big the gap is though between episodes airing and what they are working on at the moment. I don't really follow the show though.

Oops: minor error.

This post has been edited by pixiebell on Sep 9 2006, 10:18 PM
PM
Kenichi Tanaka
Posted: Sep 10 2006, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Thanks, pixiebell, for the information. When the first season ended with the 24th episode, they did episode 25 and 26, which fans are stating are actually OVA's. I had disagreed with that assessment.

The reason I asked regarding Episode 23 and 24, which everyone is assuming are the OVA episodes, is the reason for my inquiry on this most recent posting. wink.gif
pixiebell
Posted: Sep 10 2006, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Flubber
Group Icon

I finally got a hold of him this morning and apparently, he's been working at night and didn't want to wake me.

I asked him about the OVAs and instead of just summarizing, I figured you might be amused at our actual conversation:

K (me): "Rumors say you're making an OVA. I told them you don't have time for that."
H (him): "Haha. I haven't even heard of the OVA."
K: "So how many eps is this season anyway?"
H: "24, but two are going straight to DVD."
K: "Wait, then aren't those OVA's?"
H: "Huh? Would that be the case?"
K: "OVA=Only Video Animation."
H: "But they're going to be aired on tv."
K: "When?"
H: "Like 6 months to a year later."
K: "Man, those are OVAs!"
H: "Really?"

So, it really depends on your definition of OVA, I guess. In Hide's definition, these aren't OVAs since they will go on tv eventually.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll