l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (4) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topic

> Cyborg Babies, Ping + Piro = Uh....How does that work?
Lafy
Posted: Feb 26 2005, 10:57 PM
Quote Post

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 10034

Ok so obviously i'm not really asking "how could ping and piro mate?" My post is directed at anyone who feels sorry for ping in the last couple comics, or in general thinks piro should see her as a romantic interest. I dont get it. A PS2 accessory and a person have very little business being together. It seems to me that Piro making that phone call is the smartest thing he could do. I'm not sure what should happen with Ping... I think she has a right to be happy with someone... But who would want to be with an android? It's unfortunate that Ping is attracted to someone who doens't see her as a woman... And here's where i trail off...
PMEmail PosterICQMSN
TheGreatHibiki
Posted: Feb 26 2005, 11:02 PM
Quote Post

Master of the Avatar of Swirly Doom

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 25983

Like Rumiko Takahashi said when someone asked if Ranma could have kids when in Female form I will use the same words.

"I don't ever think like that and neither should you."

But you didn't ask about the birds and the bees,

I think Ping should go for Ed. They would be cute together.

This post has been edited by TheGreatHibiki on Feb 26 2005, 11:03 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
UserGoogol
Posted: Feb 26 2005, 11:07 PM
Quote Post

Math is Power!

Member No.: 10723

I don't see what's wrong with Piro and Ping being together, although it ain't happening. Intelligent robots are just as good as humans, because it's the intelligence which makes humans into things worth caring about.

It is probably valid that Piro doesn't view my views, and that's of course very tragic. (Although even if he did view Ping as a person, I think they probably wouldn't get together. (Or at least in the foreseeable future.) Piro has his eyes on other girls.)
PMEmail Poster
TheGreatHibiki
Posted: Feb 26 2005, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

Ping and Piro would be cute, it's just not to be.

I still like the thought of Ed and Ping. I think I got a taste of it when Ed said, "Such a cute smile for a machine."

Ed I could see while chasing her, he would have the most contact with her. THe more contact, the more he watches her evolve and become some thing more than she is.

Okay my fully shippingness is comming out. Damn you, damn you all....
da dick
Posted: Feb 26 2005, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 37964

just makes me think of how No.18 and that baldy from Dragonball Z created a daughter at the very end of the series. So No.18 was a cyborg who could reproduce almost like a human?

maybe ping could kill piro, borg him, and make him pregnant by downloading her algorithams(sp?) into him!
PMEmail Poster
KhanProject
Posted: Feb 26 2005, 11:15 PM
Quote Post

Lvl 21 Stoopid Slayer

Member No.: 21579

I think Ping should go for Ed. They would be cute together.

and they work for the same company.
PMEmail PosterAOL
TheGreatHibiki
Posted: Feb 26 2005, 11:18 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (da dick @ Feb 26 2005, 11:13 PM)
just makes me think of how No.18 and that baldy from Dragonball Z created a daughter at the very end of the series. So No.18 was a cyborg who could reproduce almost like a human?

If I remember correctly Krillian or what ever the little bald dude's name was was wished her into being a human.

Score one more point for having Ex obsessed with DBZ. She liked the green guy too much, the one with antenna... :gross:

and they work for the same company.
True! Another good reason!
Javer
Posted: Feb 26 2005, 11:21 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 32270

If I remember correctly Krillian or what ever the little bald dude's name was was wished her into being a human.

Yeah, he wished for her to be human, but the Dragon guy wasn't able to. Later, though, he explained it away by saying that before Android 18 was . . . Android 18, she was a regular human girl.

This post has been edited by Javer on Feb 26 2005, 11:21 PM
PMEmail PosterAOL
hikaru99
Posted: Feb 26 2005, 11:31 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 23355

It'll be somewhat like Armitage III: Polymatrix, though this would probably give a reason for Ed to kill Ping?

This post has been edited by hikaru99 on Feb 26 2005, 11:34 PM
PMEmail Poster
stsparky
Posted: Feb 26 2005, 11:44 PM
Quote Post

Otosan no Ninja no Hime Satomi

Member No.: 30339

We have Magic Grrls. They can magic the womb so we have hybrid babies. But it really should be a humanized Ed than a pathetic Piro. It's all good.

- Sparky
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSN
Vexx
Posted: Feb 26 2005, 11:52 PM
Quote Post

Negative waves, Moriarity...

Member No.: 34168

Is the only purpose for a relationship to produce offspring? What is going on here? That's like saying two sterile people shouldn't date or marry.

If Piro and Ping fall in love... they fall in love -- they have a relationship. They might adopt.

If an android provides levels of companionship similar to human+human relationships, then fabulous.
PMEmail Poster
Lafy
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 12:00 AM
Quote Post

I wonder if nanites and sperm can... hmm...
PMEmail PosterICQMSN
hikaru99
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 12:00 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 23355

QUOTE (Vexx @ Feb 27 2005, 01:52 PM)
If an android provides levels of companionship similar to human+human relationships, then fabulous.

Wow, if this really happens, we r talking about the end of the human civilization as we know it. laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
Vexx
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 12:03 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (hikaru99 @ Feb 27 2005, 12:00 AM)
Wow, if this really happens, we r talking about the end of the human civilization as we know it. laugh.gif

Well.... the steam engine and the computer was the end of human civilization as those people knew it. <shrug> Not everyone would sign up for an human+android relationship, just as not everyone signs up for an inter-racial relationship.

Besides, its the holodeck that will doom human civilization smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
UserGoogol
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 12:05 AM
Quote Post

Math is Power!

Member No.: 10723

Not now, I'm making out with my Marilyn Monrobot.
PMEmail Poster
TheGreatHibiki
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 12:05 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (hikaru99 @ Feb 27 2005, 12:00 AM)
Wow, if this really happens, we r talking about the end of the human civilization as we know it.  laugh.gif

Or a true adaptation to the Chobits ideal. That was the thing about Japan, and such an eye opener with that anime. As physical things take the place of humans in an ever more paranoid world the fact human reproduction will lower until we inevitably cannot reproduce. The fact that it's already happeneing with things people in Japan and a few other nations. People are refusing to get married, some for the sole reason of not needing human interaction because of other things in their life.

Is the only purpose for a relationship to produce offspring? What is going on here? That's like saying two sterile people shouldn't date or marry.

No, I'm just saying that one of them should be a gun wielding Bishie and the other a cute little android girl.

This post has been edited by TheGreatHibiki on Feb 27 2005, 12:08 AM
Vexx
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 12:15 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (TheGreatHibiki @ Feb 27 2005, 12:05 AM)
Or a true adaptation to the Chobits ideal. That was the thing about Japan, and such an eye opener with that anime. As physical things take the place of humans in an ever more paranoid world the fact human reproduction will lower until we inevitably cannot reproduce. The fact that it's already happeneing with things people in Japan and a few other nations. People are refusing to get married, some for the sole reason of not needing human interaction because of other things in their life.

No, I'm just saying that one of them should be a gun wielding Bishie and the other a cute little android girl.

Actually... do we know what Ed's current form is? Bishie got blasted.... I seem to remember a Darth Vader comparison of what the current Ed may be ... "more machine than man"...

The danger of hum+andy would be if androids were actually superior companions. I find that scenario unlikely because "superior" is a subjective assessment.
PMEmail Poster
Piro
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 01:14 AM
Quote Post

seraphim fanboy
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Vexx @ Feb 27 2005, 05:52 AM)
Is the only purpose for a relationship to produce offspring?  What is going on here?  That's like saying two sterile people shouldn't date or marry.

If Piro and Ping fall in love... they fall in love -- they have a relationship.

Nail on head, vexx smile.gif

It can be argued that from a biological point of view falling and love and the desire for sex exist only for the purpose of the survival of the species. That's a pretty cold and unemotional way of looking at the world, in my opinion.

It's normal for human beings to feel the need to pair off in some way. That pairing has more to do with emotional completing a part of you than fulfilling some duty to pass on your genes (which is kinda pointless anyways, since you really aren't adding anything to the gene pool that isn't already there anyway). The world doesn't need more warm bodies, it needs happier people. I don't think that the survival of the species crap really means anything to the individual. What about those who could have kids but don't? Does this apply to them too? What if you aren't comfortable with kids? what if you would not be a good parent, and you know it? Does that mean you should step aside and be alone for the rest of your life?

It's hard enough to find someone you emotionally connect with and who can be that other half. It's really really sad when a potential happy relationship between two people is taken apart by the expectations of society, or family, or when others force their beliefs on you about things that should be none of their fucking business. Marriage to me is about a relationship between two people, not having to feild that fucking annoying "so when are you two gonna start having kids?" question.

I'm not giving anything story related away here, this is more of a personal rant on the subject. What i believe may not even be what my characters believe, but i just find it highly insulting to a character to simply write her off because she can't have babies.

And who says she cant?

Always question your assumptions. They tend to be the greatest source of amusement for me smile.gif

fredrin.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Lafy
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 01:32 AM
Quote Post

In the vast majority of cases my goal in social situations (and i am including forum posting in that grouping) is to choose a point of view in opposition of the view i expect people to have. I play devils advocate more often than not. I have spent hours telling athiests that god _could_ exist, and spent just as many hours telling religious people that they're beliefs are unfounded.

I especially like reading Fred's reply. It hadn't really occured to me until I read it that a decision regarding reproduction and happiness may face me in the coming years.... A large part of me has a wish to eventually procreate, raise little human beings who are influenced by the way i think, and who will grow up to in turn influence others... I dont think i care to keep explaining this actually... I've typed out the next couple sentences 4 times in different formats... Just make your own assumptions

--matt
PMEmail PosterICQMSN
korosu
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 03:36 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 31380

I think if Piro and Ping got together they would be happy, but People would think Piro is a Dirty Dirty man having a relationship with well.. a PS2 accesory.
PMEmail PosterMSN
da dick
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 03:43 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

QUOTE (Lafy @ Feb 27 2005, 01:32 AM)
In the vast majority of cases my goal in social situations (and i am including forum posting in that grouping) is to choose a point of view in opposition of the view i expect people to have.  I play devils advocate more often than not.  I have spent hours telling athiests that god _could_ exist, and spent just as many hours telling religious people that they're beliefs are unfounded.

so what? you're trying to pretend to be a progressive liberal? or a joker/anarchist?
why don't you try out my core value for interacting with textual representations of whateveryamamacallsya...

"... Leave big foot prints"
- Married With Children (that episode with the guitar man on the mountains with a victoria's secrets catalogue)

and oh yeah. i agree with the chobits kinda world... but im the kinda guy who wouldn't mind having a world of.. errmm... a world where all humans and robots reproduce asexually, in peace and harmony. hey , think about it. if everyone eliminated their sex drive, they would be a whole lot less aggressive(n rude n noisy n sexist n maybe a lot less blogs too) or violent. like neutered(sp?) dogs and sterilised bitches. nope. bad comparision.ah screw it. i just wanna do robot chix0rs
PMEmail Poster
Spyderflame
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 36812

Theres another problem than just Ping being a 'robot girl'. If you guys haven't forgotten, she acts and looks like a high school girl.
PMEmail Poster
da dick
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

QUOTE (Spyderflame @ Feb 27 2005, 06:14 AM)
Theres another problem than just Ping being a 'robot girl'. If you guys haven't forgotten, she acts and looks like a high school girl.

that would only increase the appeal for someone like dating-sim-lurvin-piro.
and there're 6 forums full of paedo-bait lurvin people in case you didn't notice. although i dunno if all of em could accept the whole chobits thing.
PMEmail Poster
alunde
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

osananajimi

Member No.: 2130

QUOTE (Lafy @ Feb 27 2005, 01:32 AM)
In the vast majority of cases my goal in social situations (and i am including forum posting in that grouping) is to choose a point of view in opposition of the view i expect people to have.  I play devils advocate more often than not.

It's my opinion that this forum is not in need of (another) devil's advocate.

If you use the search function you can find a recent thread where we discussed Ping+Piro in considerable detail.

So I'd suggest you ought to have more to your position than stating what you think is contrary to generally accepted views. (There's probably more diversity of opinion here than you think.)

One of my conclusions from that thread is that Ping may have a basic behavioral contradiction between her general programming for love-simulation games, and her specific non-H (read "non-ecchi") programming.

She's programmed to fall in romantically love with people, and to have behaviors that will lead people to fall romantically in love with her. But she's got compulsive adverse responses to anything resembling a sexual situation. I see this as a more serious stumbling block than anything regarding her hardware or her ability to reproduce.
PMEmail Poster
CodeWarrior
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 36607

From a purely technical perspective there are two ways to approach this problem. One, you could analyse piros dna and pings schematics and specs and extrapolate what their child would look like then build an android based on that.

Two you could just analyse ping schematics and fabricate a set of chromosomes based on them. You would use these to replace the dna in a donors egg and the egg could then ether be fertilised in vitro and implanted in to a surrogate or if pings body could be adapted to house an artificial uterus it could be implanted in to her and fertilised in the usual manner.

Actually her body might already have such a uterus, as I've mentioned before humanoid robots would have many applications and Sony would want to experiment with them all. Surrogate mother and wet nurse would be two possibilities. Think of all the childless couples who would love to have a ping to help them have and raise babies?

She's programmed to fall in romantically love with people, and to have behaviors that will lead people to fall romantically in love with her. But she's got compulsive adverse responses to anything resembling a sexual situation.  I see this as a more serious stumbling block than anything regarding her hardware or her ability to reproduce.

If she is in the process of acquiring full self determination all such pre-programmed responses will have to be deleted at some point. If she beats largo up it has to be her choice not a pre programmed response other wise she would not be have full free will.

Ok this may be a shock to you guys but there are actual 20 year olds who look and act like, older, high school girls. I know one girl she's 18 she looks 12, she has to have her id to rent videos. Plus she also acts 12 most of the time. Ping is probably 1 to 2 years old, normal rules do not apply.

This post has been edited by CodeWarrior on Feb 27 2005, 08:25 AM
PMEmail PosterAOL
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Closed TopicStart new topic