l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (39) All « First ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What Game Are You Playing?, Any bishoujo, not necessarily romance.
houkoholic
Posted: Aug 20 2011, 01:49 AM
Quote Post

Thinking With Portals

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 2441

So I've finished Steins;Gate while the forum was down laugh.gif. I can see why this game was voted as the best VN in 2010 amongst the 2chers, for a story that deals with time travelling it is internally very consistent and it ticks a lot of the right boxes for geeks such as the terms and lingo used. However I think the game is only really good for the Mayuri ending, Kurisu ending and the True Ending, it was a bit of a chore to have to finish the other routes for completeness sake though they aren't required to "unlock" the True Ending like most VN games so it is a plus. The most painful ending has to be Rukako's, although it fills in some unanswered questions such as what happens when someone else besides Okabe uses the Time Leap Machine etc. Either way the best ending is obvious the True Ending and everything in it wraps up neatly and in a very clever way, the amount of details and attention to the setup is pretty amazing, since it looks like the anime is going to be quite faithful I think I won't spoil it for the fun.

Best heroine in the game is hands down Kurisu, I keep repeating this but she has to be the textbook example of what a perfect tsundere character done right would be.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
DaRk_KnIgHt
Posted: Sep 14 2011, 12:19 PM
Quote Post

blaarghlebleeeergh--

Member No.: 3729

Decided to play Saya no Uta. Since I heard of and was therefore braced for what it was about though, it was less shocking and surprising than it could have been. Also pretty damn short.

I thought it was pretty heavy handed and blunt with the whole 'shock' and 'impact' elements. Liked the creepy music with the la la las though when Saya came on screen.

It was an interesting ride though, I found myself more amused and close to laughing at how crazy some parts got rather than shocked or horrified.
PMEmail Poster
ニック
Posted: Sep 14 2011, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 74961

can anyone recomend some japanese games for the xbox preferably ones i can download off of the market place for 1200 mps or less plz and thank u smile.gif

This post has been edited by ニック on Sep 14 2011, 09:55 PM
PMEmail Poster
Neko_Len
Posted: Sep 19 2011, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

poe~poe~

Member No.: 37891

playing Galaxy Angel:Eternal lovers.

patch is playable, all routes, just editing and some interface left.

i could not wait.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Sep 23 2011, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Azifu~ forever and always~
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 201

Due to new company firewall policies, I can no longer visit the MTF from my office (along with many other sites, which sucks) so my presence is has become even thinnier than it used to be, but I'm working on a solution, hence this post.

So, I completed 『AR ~ 忘れられた夏 ~』 and, wow, I was impressed, way more than I expected. Truth to to said, the game's first chapter is incredibly deceptive, being best described as an over the top ridiculous love comedy, so much over the top I did think about giving it up and play something other. It being somewhat related to 『水夏 ~Suika~』 both made me want to give it up, because 『水夏 ~Suika~』 was such a heavy, serious game whilst 『AR ~ 忘れられた夏 ~』 seemed to ridiculously comedic and over the top, and decided m to keep playing, because I believed a game "related to 『水夏 ~Suika~』" couldn't possibly be that bad.
I'm glad I kept playing.
So, the game started as what seemed to be an over the top ridiculous love comedy. Then, slowly, things happened, and it became an end-of-the-world adventure story, then slowly and slowly, a story to save mankind from eternal damnation and from hell taking over. As the story progressed, as the first chapter made sense, comedy was replaced by despair, less and less hope remained as the story went, until all the named characters in the game died. \o/
In a nutshell, it was a wonderful ride~
In most galgames I play, I have a girl I easily prefer above the others. Somehow, I like that my feelings were so... balanced in 『AR ~ 忘れられた夏 ~』, leaving me unable to choose between three girls. I like the girl who offered to be sent to hell in order to save her beloved, to shoulder all the pain and sadness of mankind for the whole eternity, to be forever alone, yet to never complain about this fate she accepted. I like the girl whose life was so miserable that when another girl went with death in her place so that she would remain alive to protect the protagonist, considered said girl didn't save her but cursed her to keep living, to be refused eternal rest until the protagonist died, and whose life you followed so you could perfectly understand why she'd think so. And I like the manipulative, lying bitch of a girl, who used just about every main character in the story, then pretty much betrayed and caused all of their deaths, as it was her intend from the start, especially since she did actually care about all of them but had sworn an oath to save the world.
That being said, despite this game being very high in my list of games with the most filled with despair and hopelessness story, I think it may be possible to consider it ended happily. Sorta. I mean, sure, probably over 90% of mankind was killed and sent to hell but there are survivors... probably. And the main villain is out of the picture! ...I think. Sure, all the named characters are dead but the epilogue takes place in the afterworld, in the instant between death and reincarnation and they "exist" happily there. Kinda. Well, it's heavily hinted that it's the instant between death and reincarnation, so it won't last long before everyone is reincarnated but, heh, it happens. Well, OK, nothing guarantees that anyone will be happy in in their next life, but nothing guarantees they will be unhappy either! (except for the protagonist who is apparently out of the reincarnation loop)
So, yeah, let's say the ending is kinda happy.
Since its a circus game, there's a possibility the game ll be released outside of Japan and if that happens, I strongly recommend it, especially to people like, say, Ranwan, in order to correctly place it on the Olf-Ranwan scale. tongue.gif

Oh, yeah, I think I gave it a 9. Or mayhap a 9.5. Not sure any longer; have to check.

Anyway, now playing 『輝光翼戦記 天空のユミナ』, if only because it's supposed to be released soon (?) in the USA by Jast! Since it was made by some of the Aselia team, obviously the game and its system have a strong Aselia and Spitan feel~ So far, I love the system and one girl (coincidentally, she's the manipulative, magnificent bitch) but, alas, I just dislike the main girl!! Oh, well, we'll see~
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Lilkat
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 47319

After having long since acquired the patches (JP voice, English text, and conversion to All-Ages Edition), I've finally started playing Kanon. As this is only the second VN I've really decided to delve into, I have high hopes that it'tl be as enjoyable (if not moreso) than playing Ever17: Out of Infinity.

Having marathoned the 2002 anime series, and having watched the 2006 series as it came out, I've long wanted to play this VN, so at long last!

My only regret so far is that I didn't *purchase* the game yet. (My sig says exactly how I feel about purchasing media where and when reasonably possible.)

-Lilkat
PM
TriOmegaZero
Posted: Nov 2 2011, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 5576

Why am I not surprised this is one of the few active threads on the forum? tongue.gif

Trying to support the few companies that do VN translations, like JList and Mangagamer. Pretty cool to see Shuffle and Higurashi available. Ordered Saya No Uta as well.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Dec 5 2011, 09:34 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

I've been very busy the past months, so I only recently finished 『輝光翼戦記 天空のユミナ』 (that, and mad levelling-up). Since it will be released one daysoon in English, I'll try not to spoil it "at all" with my comments. Let's say the system wasn't too bad, even though incredibly frustrating at times. I don't think I ever swore that much against a game because its system favoured so much the enemies! Story and character-wise, there was one girl whose personality I just wasn't able to like (because I found her to be incredibly boring, flat [no, not in that meaning], and insipid) and whose story I found way too "shounen-manga" (i.e. a boring, large ham), one I found so-so (though I'd agree she was the most hilarious character in the whole game, thanks to her... obsession ^^;;;;;), and another I just loved... and that was absolutely unrelated to the fact she was a manipulative bitchmotivating leader, animated by hatred and revengelove and setting right what went wrong, and whose story contained the highest named characters body countbest treatment of the named characters, really. More because she was frankly very darkcool a character, wielding a cool weapon instead of the boring, stereotypical ones. Totally my kind of girl, ufufu~ wub.gif
8/10 for the whole game, individual scores being (character/story): 6/6.5, 8.5/7.5, and 10/10. Bonus points for the SD character parts.

Now playing the fandisk, 『輝光翼戦記 天空のユミナFD -ForeverDreams-』. Apparently, it'll focus more on some side characters of the main game. Considering I liked them more than one of the heroines (WAY more), I think I'll enjoy it~
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
gekiganwing
Posted: Dec 5 2011, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 24936

Yesterday was a lazy Sunday, and so I started up Heartache 101 ~Sour into Sweet~. It's among my favorite freeware games of 2011. It includes complex gameplay, adjustable difficulty settings, and mod-friendly content. Haven't finished it yet, but I'm about halfway to a positive ending.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Raenir Salazar
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 05:10 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 74224

Trying out "Yin Yang Xchange" eroge, it's actually a decent story and pretty funny. Although the characters are walking tropes incarnate; but on the other hand it makes it easy to understand them.

Also working my way through Kirakira which I think is what if you had K-On! but you threw in a male character into the middle of it.

Eventually going to play Tsukihime, does it have FSN's Tiger Dojo?
PMEmail Poster
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Raenir Salazar @ Dec 7 2011, 01:10 PM)
Eventually going to play Tsukihime, does it have FSN's Tiger Dojo?
Considering it was created before FSN, no, it doesn't. OTOH, you have Ciel-senpai's lessons...
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Raenir Salazar
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 74224

Are they as funny smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Dec 8 2011, 02:49 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

That, is a relative consideration but let's say that "yes, they are."
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
GVmanX
Posted: Dec 15 2011, 11:35 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 60515

Well, I just finished the KiraKira demo, and I absolutely loved it. I definitely want to buy the full game now, but I'm torn between getting the normal version or the all-ages version. The all-ages version is cheaper and I can get a physical copy of it, but is lacking much from the normal version?
PMEmail Poster
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Console-wise, I took out my Saturn (well, it's probably my favourite console, after all) and started (once again) 「悠久幻想曲 2nd Album」, with this time the firm intent to complete it (or, at least, to get all the girls), despite how long it'd take me. The decision was helped by me finding at long last a somewhat complete kouryaku~ \o/
Too bad that Claire's, my favourite girl, ending reads :
アルベルトを仲間に加え、最終的に「高すぎず低すぎず」の絆度となれば良い。(高すぎればアルベルトED、低すぎればヘキサED)
具体的なボーダーは不明なので「確実な方法」というものはない。ほどほどに仲良くする。イベントの選択肢をクレア寄りに、とかいうことは全然関係ない。
sad.gif
Oh well... Me and often falling for sub-characters... wink.gif Albert, why do you have such a cute little sister?

Laura~ Trisha~ Eve~ And, is it me, or is there really more subtext about you and Celine than there is with any other girl? ^^;;;;;;

*wonders a bit about how many know, or remember, about a 1997 game but...*
OTOH, it's the reason why to complete it takes a little time: they don't often make games with 10 main characters any longer~
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Dec 30 2011, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Now that I'm reaching the completion of 『輝光翼戦記 天空のユミナFD -ForeverDreams-』, I'm wondering: should I play next a winter, seasonal game, an utterly depressing and depressive game, or a sweet, heartwarming, romantic love game? Between the three, my heart is torn~ tongue.gif

Tell me, guys, what do you think? Seasonal is, well, seasonal, I like depressive games whilst I could use the opportunity provided by a sweet, romantic love game to update the RAML picture... Then, of course, I'll have to choose whether to play a relatively recent game (2000+) or relatively old game (1995-2000), then which one exactly! sleep.gif
*sighs*
How hard can it be to be an erogamer? sad.gif
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

『輝光翼戦記 天空のユミナFD -ForeverDreams-』 was fun, Ai becoming de facto the best character because she was even more hilarious than she ever were, each scene featuring her being but hilarious! XD
An example of "Flanderization is not necessarily a bad thing", I guess.
Aside from that, Nayuta was a game breaker, but that was expectable. Lily was as well, but you can't have her in your team, so that's OK.

Anyway, next.
Going seasonal, nine years after the game was released, I'm now playing... SNOW, Studio Mebius' famous winter game~ \〇/
Since you apparently have to play the stories in order, I'll go Sumino, Asahi, Shigure, Ouka. I may try to post my feelings about the game as I play it, I'll see. From what I remember, it should be a story about forbidden love, eternal damnation and curses from the gods. In other words, a game like the ones I love~ \〇/
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Wonder Chicken
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 11:46 PM
Quote Post

~Makoto's Way~

Member No.: 33190

Relative in the glorious southern neighbor of the lland of the rising sun has asked me if I want Little Busters or Kud Wafter?

Current opinion is Little Busters! because I heard about the baseball mini-game.
PM
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Jan 11 2012, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Wonder Chicken @ Jan 11 2012, 07:46 AM)
Relative in the glorious southern neighbor of the lland of the rising sun has asked me if I want Little Busters or Kud Wafter?
Kud Wafter is also an omake game of sorts, so playing the main game beforehand may not be such a bad idea.
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 07:52 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

SNOW completed~ \o/
Now, on 『永遠の終りに』, from TamaSoft, mostly because I installed it last year because I mistook it for the other TamaSoft game, 『世界ノ全テ ~remind of you~』 and because, well, I like its name (and its character CGs, i.e. the girls are cute)~
Erogamescape gives it a mere 65 (whilst 『世界ノ全テ ~remind of you~』 gets a 79 and 『Snow ~ スノー』 a 80) but, blah, I'll see~
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 08:37 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

『永遠の終りに』 completed, next is Katawa Shoujo, because I promised I'd play it afterwards if Ranwan played Narcissu. Which he did.
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Yoshio
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 5295

I just finished my first run through Christine Love's Analogue: A Hate Story. I was a big fan of Love's Digital, and the interface is similar (minus the retro graphics, of course), which is good and bad. I admire Love's storytelling and for $15 it's a good value.
PMEmail Poster
DaRk_KnIgHt
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

blaarghlebleeeergh--

Member No.: 3729

Been playing Yume Miru Kusuri. It has been lauded as being really emotional or something? And I was in the mood for drama.

Instead my suspension of disbelief was strewn all over the floor or something.

So far I'm done with Aeka and Mizuki's route.

Despite being absolute pants on head crazy, I really liked Mizuki. Though when cocaine strangulation sex off a building into a pool happens... regardless of how crazy it was I pretty much liked her route.

Aeka's route was. Well. Yes I felt sorry for her and wanted to protect her but the whole bully side seemed kinda weak. Maybe Japanese school bullying is just on a whole new level, but when kids start bringing stunguns to school(are they that easy to get?) and the whole class uniting under a complete idiot just out of malice? Either way the bullying plot I've kinda seen a whole bunch of anime/manga so I was rolling my eyes at how cliche it all was rather than feeling touched. How it ended was just downright hilarious though.

Still have yet to do Nekoko's route, but I suspect its more interacting with a batshit insane girl than dealing with drug addiction issues. And I kinda want the later.

PMEmail Poster
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Now playing F&C 1998's game, PALETTE, a game that I've always wanted to play. Or so I'd like to say but it's been 14 years already since I bought it so such a sentence may sound... untrue. ^^;;;;;
I hope I won't meet too many problems playing it under XP...
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 04:39 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

It was short, it was simple, it was classical, it was light-hearted yet, ultimately, it was possibly not totally undeserving to be called enjoyable. \〇/

Going forward in time, I'm now playing ALICESOFT's PERSIOM -約束の集う場所- game from 2000. It's considered to be merely slightly above average in erogamescape but should be entertaining enough for the time being. I first hesitated between the (rumoured to be) way better games DiaboLiQuE or アトラク=ナクア but I eventually didn't find myself in the state of mind for such dark and heavy stories (albeit better games), not to mention for the latter's Visual Novel's nature, or even for the former AVG's nature. Nothing like a RPG to rest the mind! Besides, I like PERSIOM's graphics very much~ I'll leave games about damnation or spider-like human-eating eldritch abomination for later.
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (39) All « First ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll