l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (4) All « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Flcl Explained At Length, (warning) It's quite long
Faze
Posted: Aug 10 2004, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 30001

Wow, and I thought this thread was done.
I don't wish to start the arguement again, but the main reason I was tempted to post this was how many people mentioned FLCL in the "most confusing" topic. There were quite a few people mislead into believing that FLCL made no sense.
PMEmail Poster
I'm Unemployed
Posted: Aug 10 2004, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Hell yeah I'm the motherfuckin' princess.

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 23573

QUOTE (Faze @ Aug 10 2004, 01:55 PM)
I don't wish to start the arguement again, but the main reason I was tempted to post this was how many people mentioned FLCL in the "most confusing" topic. There were quite a few people mislead into believing that FLCL made no sense.

It would have been better to post the essay (or link to it) in that thread.
PMEmail PosterIntegrity Messenger IM
Beneath
Posted: Aug 10 2004, 04:06 PM
Quote Post

(minase)

Member No.: 8483

> However, the fact is, it really offers nothing that hasn't already been covered in multiple several-month-old threads

Well, that would be my difference in perception of this thread, then - i have not seen those earlier threads, as i usually avoid discussion of the storyline of an anime i haven't seen yet.

I think, then, a slightly more polite announcement of the fact that all the points have been covered in the past, and thus aren't really interesting to most posters here, would have been more appropriate... rather than the 'hahahahhaha zomg it's obvious ur stupid' and 'haha analysing is for idiots' that we got, and turned the thread into a confusing semi-flamey thread :)
PMEmail Poster
I'm Unemployed
Posted: Aug 10 2004, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Beneath @ Aug 10 2004, 02:06 PM)
I think, then, a slightly more polite announcement of the fact that all the points have been covered in the past, and thus aren't really interesting to most posters here, would have been more appropriate... rather than the 'hahahahhaha zomg it's obvious ur stupid' and 'haha analysing is for idiots' that we got, and turned the thread into a confusing semi-flamey thread smile.gif

....b....but those are my favorite types of threads. sad.gif
Dukat
Posted: Aug 10 2004, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Nyannyannyannyannyannyan

Member No.: 11506

QUOTE (I'm Unemployed @ Aug 10 2004, 06:15 PM)
....b....but those are my favorite types of threads. sad.gif

They're an enjoyable read. I like watching n00bz talk themselves into holes. And I missed watching LOAE flame the living daylights outta n00bz.
PMEmail PosterICQAOLMSN
I'm Unemployed
Posted: Aug 10 2004, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Dukat @ Aug 10 2004, 02:20 PM)
They're an enjoyable read. I like watching n00bz talk themselves into holes. And I missed watching LOAE flame the living daylights outta n00bz.

Meh, the guy's not really a n00b, he just made a mistake. It really is somewhat of a grey area, anyway.
Randomkun
Posted: Aug 10 2004, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 16974

QUOTE (I'm Unemployed @ Aug 10 2004, 04:49 PM)
This would be like if someone made another thread for that news article about that 11 year old Japanese girl killing her classmate.

Nevada-tan~:0
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
stormy001
Posted: Aug 10 2004, 08:10 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 23541

QUOTE (I'm Unemployed @ Aug 10 2004, 03:49 PM)
The main point I was getting at was that we have gone over analyzing FLCL over and over again. This would be like if someone made another thread for that news article about that 11 year old Japanese girl killing her classmate.

I have nothing against the article itself. It's a nice article and it's rather intelligently written. However, the fact is, it really offers nothing that hasn't already been covered in multiple several-month-old threads. It answers a question that nobody has asked recently, and those who asked in the past already had answers given to them.

Is that me you talking about?
PMEmail PosterMSN
I'm Unemployed
Posted: Aug 10 2004, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (stormy001 @ Aug 10 2004, 06:10 PM)
Is that me you talking about?

....In which instance? The Japanese girl? The people who asked questions?

No, I don't believe I was talking about you specifically.

This post has been edited by I'm Unemployed on Aug 10 2004, 08:44 PM
Demon-Eyes-Kyo
Posted: Aug 10 2004, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Herbert Hoover~

Member No.: 25243

QUOTE (Randomkun @ Aug 10 2004, 08:57 PM)
Nevada-tan~:0

I really want that sweater, anyone find a site that sells them? They look really warm and comfortable after all. I suppose that the girl may have murdered her classmate because she tried to steal her awsome sweater.

This post has been edited by Demon-Eyes-Kyo on Aug 10 2004, 08:54 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Randomkun
Posted: Aug 10 2004, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 16974

QUOTE (Demon-Eyes-Kyo @ Aug 10 2004, 09:48 PM)
I really want that sweater, anyone find a site that sells them? They look really warm and comfortable after all. I suppose that the girl may have murdered her classmate because she tried to steal her awsome sweater.

You could always go to a Nevada Rest stop/seuveneir shop. That's where she got hers.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
simplestuff
Posted: Aug 11 2004, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 4428

Sorry to resurrect the thread, but after reading 4 pages of flames, I thought it would be worth it to say that I found the article an interesting read.

We all know about FLCL. We all know/don't care what's the plot and it's hidden meanings are. End of story. Leave plskthx.

I'm glad we have someone in the forum who can speak for all of us. Makes me wonder why I even registered for this forums if there's someone here who can speak my opinions for me.

Honestly, this whole thread disgusts me. The initial poster posted because he found the article interesting and wanted to share it on a public forum. Considering that the article and the commentary provided by the first poster was presented in a clean, respectful fashion, I would like to think that any opinions of dislike should be held to the same standard. It's sick when I see people who abuse their privilege to be rude and condescending because they are well known on these forums. Yes, that last sentence was an editorial, and no, I don't care what you have to say about it.

This post has been edited by simplestuff on Aug 11 2004, 11:07 AM
PMEmail Poster
Formerly Wu
Posted: Aug 11 2004, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 9409

QUOTE (simplestuff @ Aug 11 2004, 05:05 PM)
Honestly, this whole thread disgusts me. The initial poster posted because he found the article interesting and wanted to share it on a public forum. Considering that the article and the commentary provided by the first poster was presented in a clean, respectful fashion, I would like to think that any opinions of dislike should be held to the same standard. It's sick when I see people who abuse their privilege to be rude and condescending because they are well known on these forums. Yes, that last sentence was an editorial, and no, I don't care what you have to say about it.

Quite.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Rah-Rah
Posted: Aug 11 2004, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

Howling

Member No.: 25668

QUOTE (simplestuff @ Aug 11 2004, 11:05 AM)
Sorry to resurrect the thread, but after reading 4 pages of flames, I thought it would be worth it to say that I found the article an interesting read.

I'm glad we have someone in the forum who can speak for all of us. Makes me wonder why I even registered for this forums if there's someone here who can speak my opinions for me.

I completely aggre with everything you just said.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Tomar
Posted: Aug 11 2004, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Ultimate l33t One

Member No.: 205

I don't consider it respectful...

Here's an interesting article found on the enigma that is FLCL:

If he had just searched once he would have seen that FLCL has been beaten to death. In short there is no enigma about FLCL in MT's Anime Forum. If Faze wants to discuss why he likes FLCL then give it a go. However what was posted is nearly entirely unnecessary since by looking at search real quick you can see its been discussed a little before.

If I dropped a a 10k word post Disgaea Explained At Length starting with "Here is an explaination on why Disgaea is cooler than any other game out there:" then I will just a hostile response. These message boards aren't a place to archive essays. Put that stuff in a review site not a message board that are supposed to be about disucssing.

Instead of letting the post go 100% hostile people throw in frivolity. No harm there. Hopefully a lesson is learned: Copying an essay into a post and throwing a minor throught at the end is a piss poor way to discuss anything you like.

This post has been edited by Tomar on Aug 11 2004, 12:31 PM
PMEmail Poster
omoikane
Posted: Aug 11 2004, 12:36 PM
Quote Post

♪mojimoji shite kimoi ne♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (simplestuff @ Aug 11 2004, 12:05 PM)

You think Eiken is disgusting? I don't blame you.

However, I think the original article while is interesting, it wasn't as respectful as you think it is. In fact it starts with a very rude and prideful presupposition that is probably the cause of this entire mess.

And while I can see how you can find a lot of the comments regarding that article and the subsequent "flame" as flame or snideful potshots by people who abuse their status in the forum, I don't think they are truely so or they are really undeserving. They may be counterproductive but I think it's better than it being wholly ignored.

The proper procedure is to just "don't bite"
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOL
Faze
Posted: Aug 11 2004, 12:43 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 30001

QUOTE (Tomar @ Aug 11 2004, 12:29 PM)
If he had just searched once he would have seen that FLCL has been beaten to death.  In short there is no enigma about FLCL in MT's Anime Forum

As I explained on the very first page, by enigma I meant the offbeat plot characters, plot, and dialogue make for some confusion. Perhaps in your haste to criticise me you missed it? Exactly what is it you find so intimidating about my posting an article on the subject of FLCL's plot?

By the way, I did run a search, none of the topics had an answer which explained everything this article has attempted to, but I did, once again, find the title quite a number of times in the thread titled "most confusing."

Now, could someone please lock this thread?

This post has been edited by Faze on Aug 11 2004, 12:44 PM
PMEmail Poster
I'm Unemployed
Posted: Aug 11 2004, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Tomar @ Aug 11 2004, 10:29 AM)
If he had just searched once he would have seen that FLCL has been beaten to death.  In short there is no enigma about FLCL in MT's Anime Forum.  If Faze wants to discuss why he likes FLCL then give it a go.  However what was posted is nearly entirely unnecessary since by looking at search real quick you can see its been discussed a little before.

If I dropped a a 10k word post Disgaea Explained At Length starting with "Here is an explaination on why Disgaea is cooler than any other game out there:" then I will just a hostile response.  These message boards aren't a place to archive essays.  Put that stuff in a review site not a message board that are supposed to be about disucssing.

Instead of letting the post go 100% hostile people throw in frivolity.  No harm there.  Hopefully a lesson is learned: Copying an essay into a post and throwing a minor throught at the end is a piss poor way to discuss anything you like.

The sad part is that most of that has already been iterated, yet some people just don't get it.

Quit playing the fucking victim. He's speaking the truth. If you are curious about FLCL, then you could use your damn brain and run a search on these forums. There have been more threads on FLCL than could be enumerated on my hands and feet. You WILL find explanations. If those still didn't satisfy you, you could run a google search, since there are countless fansites, essays, and such littering the internet. Like I said, this essay would have been better off linked to in the "Most Confusing" thread, directed at someone who had FLCL as the most confusing. It's not logical to see people ask questions in a thread, and then you make ANOTHER thread in order to answer those questions. If you saw someone ask in the Eva Platinum thread "Will all the director's cut episodes be included?" then you would not make another thread based around the content "All the director's cut episodes will be in the platinum edition," you would supply that information in the form of a reply in the Eva Platinum thread.

Basic gist of this post: FLCL has been discussed over and over and over, and over yet again on these forums. Anyone who is curious about the plotline could run a search on these forums for the countless explanations many have expounded onto this place. Anyone still curious could run a google or msn search for the countless essays and fansites amongst the web, including theories just as detailed and just as "correct" as the one in this thread.

By the way, I did run a search, none of the topics had an answer which explained everything this article has attempted to

But the fact is, they still provided an answer. Just because it wasn't as in-detail as this doesn't make it any less accurate or less complete (since anything written without the direct cooperation of the producers is, by default, incomplete).

This post has been edited by I'm Unemployed on Aug 11 2004, 12:58 PM
omoikane
Posted: Aug 11 2004, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

In relation to that: anyone who has to make a 1-liner thread about not being able to understand FLCL isn't going to bother reading such a long essay that explains everything and then interperts it for them (at least, one interperation). I mean, we'll probably get another FLCL thread within the next 60 days, odds are.

Faze: let's discuss FLCL, not why the essay is one thing or another. Unless you wrote that there's no need to feel defensive wink.gif
Rah-Rah
Posted: Aug 11 2004, 12:55 PM
Quote Post

Howling

Member No.: 25668

He's getting defensive becuse he has been called and idiot by a lot of people on this forum for posting the essay, so I think he has every right to get defensive.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
omoikane
Posted: Aug 11 2004, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Rah-Rah @ Aug 11 2004, 01:55 PM)
He's getting defensive becuse he has been called and idiot by a lot of people on this forum for posting the essay, so I think he has every right to get defensive.

If you go back and read how it all started, it's really a good example of two-handed clapping.

I guess we'll lock it since we're done with it.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) All « First ... 2 3 [4]  Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll