l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (2) All [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Mega Tokyo Movie
LinkDX
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 19668

I dont know if anyone else said this befor, but i think a Mt movie would be cool.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
LemLemine
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 18402

And we all think you should get a life.
PMEmail PosterAOL
IAMGOD
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 15637

to quote the Drinking Game:
(#17) ...Somebody starts a thread about MegaTokyo should be turned into anime.
(No, you're not the first one to think of that.)

PMEmail Poster
dominater89
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 11:44 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 18027

QUOTE (LemLemine @ Dec 22 2003, 05:30 PM)

I think most of us here need to get a life instead of spending 10 hours a day on MT forums laugh.gif.
PMEmail PosterAOL
IAMGOD
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 15637

QUOTE (dominater89 @ Dec 22 2003, 05:44 PM)

I think most of us here need to get a life instead of spending 10 hours a day on MT forums laugh.gif.

no, their isn't anything wrong with that...

lalalalalalala, must not spam, must not spam
PMEmail Poster
Deutsch Sniper
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Retired

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 7096

It should be noted that Fred once said that, if MT were turned into an anime,"it could quite possibly be the worst anime ever made." Not sure if those are his EXACT words, but you get the idea.

Locky.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Arrot Zang
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 8914

i don't seem to remember fred saying that, but then i again i been absent for a year already, wink.gif I think if it was made to a movie or an anime, it would be crazy... at first and have a feel of randomnesss ... then a bit more then shojo and shonen type anime... then .... forget this, its pointless. blink.gif
PMEmail PosterAOL
dominater89
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 18027

QUOTE (IAMGOD @ Dec 22 2003, 12:50 PM)

I didn't say there was anything wrong with that smile.gif. Wow, a quote within a quote, within a quote laugh.gif.
PMEmail PosterAOL
TriOmegaZero
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 5576

QUOTE (dominater89 @ Dec 22 2003, 06:10 PM)
QUOTE (IAMGOD @ Dec 22 2003, 12:50 PM)

I didn't say there was anything wrong with that smile.gif. Wow, a quote within a quote, within a quote laugh.gif.

I remember the NNW thread on the test forums. How many quote boxes were made? 20? 22? T'was madness indeed. biggrin.gif

And I only spend 9 hours a day on here....
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Chobyheld
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 20616

Somebody already mentioned that Fred said that a MegaTokyo anime would suck, but you have to take into account that it was Fred that said this. Fred if you read this YOU DO NOT SUCK. The whining is quite annoying though.
PMEmail Poster
Tak
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 16934

HA how little do you know I spend only 7 hours a day here durring work.

It might make a good anime but I like it better as a comic and it let fred be a little more creative with the words and the Chars. If it was and anime he have to follow soem kind of rulzs and that what would suck. ph34r.gif
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
south pacific islander
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 22206

hm... maybe it would be good. but some of the elments in the manmga would be incompatable with anime guidlines. so we see something like that love hina anime compared to the manga.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
LinkDX
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 19668

I know i need a life, but its not spending my whole day here. I was just wondering what had been said about a movie/anime before. Hey, i could even help draw it, i mean I am a good artist and all. that would be real cool, because you would need lots of people to help outandijustrelizedthatimtalkingwaytomuch. maby i'll just stop talking for a while...tongue.gif
Deutsch Sniper
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Retired

Member No.: 7096

You do that.

Locky.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Kuroyoshi
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 20687

I've wanted to post this for a long, long time...

Okay, here we go!

MEGATOKYO: THE ANIMATED MOTION PICTURE (2008)

Directed by Hayao Miyazaki
Screenplay by Fred Gallagher, Dominic Nguyen, and Hayao Miyazaki

Genre: Comedy / Adventure / Animation / Science Fiction

Starring:
Andy Dick as the voice of Piro
Kevin James as the voice of Largo
Sigourney Weaver as the voice of Seraphim
Dat Phan as the voice of Dom
Keanu Reeves as the voice of Ed
Margaret Cho as the voice of Erika Hayasaka
Lucy Liu as the voice of Kimiko Nanasawa
Robin Shou as the voice of Junpei
Linda Park as the voice of Miho
Rumi Hiragi as the voice of Ping

Plot:
After an unfortunate incident trying to sneak into E3 in Los Angeles, two American video gamers end up fleeing the country and taking refuge in Tokyo, Japan where they come across a young girl who turns out to be an escaped prototype for a large corporation's new Emotional Doll System. Complications ensue as the three end up facing up with an old archnemesis as well as zombies, giant tortoises, and occasional women problems. Based on the popular online comic.
st1100
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 7046

QUOTE (Kuroyoshi @ Dec 22 2003, 01:13 PM)

Okay, here we go!

MEGATOKYO:  THE ANIMATED MOTION PICTURE (2008)

You realize that this must first be released in Japan, without sub/dub or extras (as is the tradition).

Then 2+ more years for someone to license it in the US, then at least 1 more year for them to do anything about it.

Add another year to do the dubbing..... and probably a total rewrite of the script to get past the censors.

Yeah, I think Fred would be happy with 2012 or so. Of course, I didn't add in negotiation delays, plot changes, scene deletions/adds, etc.

That should add at least a year to the original Japanese release...

wink.gif

PMEmail Poster
TriOmegaZero
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 5576

QUOTE (Kuroyoshi @ Dec 22 2003, 08:13 PM)

DIE. NOW.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Kuroyoshi
  Posted: Dec 22 2003, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

Local

Yay! Attention!

Keanu Reeves would make a great Ed...

"dude...I am, like totally going to retrieve the EDS or something!"

WAHAHA!!!

Anyways...somebody seems to be under the impression I want the Megatokyo movie to be released in Japan first. Yeah, right...I'm sure the biggest fanbase for an American comic in English that showcases a nerd's skewed vision for Japan would be in that country.

No...rather, my proposal is to form a collaboration between Japanese and American studios. And how will we get Miyazaki involved with the project? And by we, I mean Fred and Dom. Well...money. Lots of money.

And it should be released originally in English for the US and Canada...and then dubbed or subtitled for whatever other countries want it after that.

Also note that the movie version won't include Tsubasa, Yuki, l33t d00d, or any references to Sony or Sega.

Oh...and for the fun of it, they should also make a deal with McFarlane Toys to release action figures based on the movie.

And...a deal with Wendy's to promote the film with a Megatokyo special edition L33t Kids' Meal! ^_^ j00 will ph34r the t0yz in every bag!

Oh, yes...it will all be perfect...

Now, all they need is a few billion dollars and the cooperation of two major animation studios.

And a script.
Kage Zoku
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 03:20 PM
Quote Post

I'm evil and republican!

Member No.: 12126

Tradition blows. In any case, I'm perfectly satisfied with the comic.

Please for the love of god, never mention Keanu Reeves ever again. Especially in relation to MT. That really hurt my head. It was like getting hit with a shovel.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
ph00tbag
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

The ONE AND ONLY

Member No.: 4372

No. Megatokyo is nowhere close to Miyazaki-san's style. If Miyazaki were in charge of this, it would no longer be megatokyo. If there were any Japanese director, I would opt for someone more like Hideako Anno, or if you want to push it, Shinichiro Watanabe.
No. Hell no. I'm siding with TOZ here.
Name looks Korean. Does she even know Japanese?
Chinese. I doubt she knows any Japanese either.
Wow, that name isn't even eastern. Granted, I don't know who she is, so her father may be western and her mother Japanese, but I still have to question her knowledge of the Japanese Language.

I don't know; maybe you have a different vision of what the movie would be like, but the comic is in English and Japanese, so I always looked at any pontential ideas for the movie as being bilingual. For the movie to be bilingual, you would need bilingual actors, unless you want the character to sound completele different in both of their languages. I think they did this with Asuka speaking German in Eva, and let me tell you, it sounded wrong; either that, or they had Miyamura-san do the German, in which case it still sounded wrong. You need someone who is fluent in both languages for the bilingual parts. I'm not sure, but this may even rule out Andy Dick as Piro. Please, try to seriously consider the validity of the parts before you choose them blindly.

[edit]
Also note that the movie version won't include Tsubasa, Yuki, l33t d00d, or any references to Sony or Sega.
Nevermind, I was wrong. You do want them to completely destroy the story. I'm terribly sorry I misunderstood you completely.[/edit]

This post has been edited by ph00tbag on Dec 22 2003, 03:29 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Nightwalker AK
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 541

Jeezus ph00t, chill out, man...

I don't agree with most of the idea, but still, man, no need to get pissed over it.

Here, have something to calm yourself down.

And here, ph00t: IMDB record for Linda Park. Aside from the minor bilingual sticking point (it would be difficult to find this many bilingual actors, methinks), I actually think she might be able to pull Miho off fairly well.

Also:

Hayashibara Megumi as Erika. Simple as that. When Erika speaks, I hear her voice (probably thanks to her excellent role as Haruka in LH). Hayashibara is also reasonably good at English.

Horie Yui as Ping. C'mon, folks, this lady's the one who did Multi in To Heart. Need I say more?

PMEmail Poster
LemLemine
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Local

Okay, here we go!

MEGATOKYO: THE ANIMATED MOTION PICTURE (2008)

Genre: Comedy / Adventure / Animation / Science Fiction

Starring:
Kevin James as the voice of Largo
Sigourney Weaver as the voice of Seraphim
Dat Phan as the voice of Dom
Robin Shou as the voice of Junpei
Rumi Hiragi as the voice of Ping

Plot:
After an unfortunate incident trying to sneak into E3 in Los Angeles, two American video gamers end up fleeing the country and taking refuge in Tokyo, Japan where they come across a young girl who turns out to be an escaped prototype for a large corporation's new Emotional Doll System. Complications ensue as the three end up facing up with an old archnemesis as well as zombies, giant tortoises, and occasional women problems. Based on the popular online comic.

PMEmail PosterAOL
Kuroyoshi
  Posted: Dec 22 2003, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Local

Okay, I'll admit it. I picked the names completely at random just to be reactionary. But I went with the names that gave me the most entertaining mental images when I imagine them in the process of making the movie.

The decision to use Vietnamese comedians (I think Linda Park is Vietnamese...not sure) is because I've decided I would rather have the movie done completely in English...and I wanted the Asian characters to be played by people who sound vaguely Asian.

Anyways...Megatokyo isn't writen as a movie. It's barely written at all. Mr. Gallagher admits he comes up with the stuff one page at a time...which explains why it follows very little rhyme or reason.

A movie would have to trim out unnecessary stuff and focus on a single element. I decided I would focus on Ping. Dom and Ed are both after her. Miho wants her for...something. She makes a good MacGuffin.

So anything not relating to Ping would be cut out. Sure, you'd still have Seraphim, Boo, and Asmodeus...but not as a major story arc. Also, the l33t d00d sucks. And Tsubasa, while he would add a lot to the Ping story, doesn't want to be in Megatokyo anymore...which is why he was written out.

I think Hideako Anno or Shinichiro Watanabe would actually be MUCH better for Megatokyo than Miyazaki if we're going with a Japanese director.

I picked an honest-to-goodness Japanese seiyuu to do Ping's voice because I wanted her accent to be distinctively Japanese.

And I should also mention that I've put no thought into this at all. While it's true I've always wanted to discuss the details of a Megatokyo movie that will never happen...I never really prepared anything, deciding instead that random stuff off the top of my head should be better.

And there are some options besides going with a Japanese director.

For instance...it could be animated in 3D by Pixar, Dreamworks, or...oh, heck...Mainframe.

Some time back, I thought of a Johnny Quest style of using cel animation for the 'real' world and then having Mainframe or some company do the 3D parts for the Endgames stuff.

Or what about a live-action one?

Wouldn't that be fun?

Oh, the wonderful possibilities.

And you know, I have yet to hear any other suggestions for the role of Ed.

Keanu Reeves stays in the picture!!
LemLemine
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

Local

I HATE

HATE

HATE YOU.

Of course, it was inevitable... now, may I ask, if the movie were live action... any possible acting candidates? Regardless of bilinguality...
PMEmail PosterAOL
xiao sow
Posted: Dec 22 2003, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 12430

QUOTE (Nightwalker AK @ Dec 22 2003, 10:58 PM)
Jeezus ph00t, chill out, man...

I don't agree with most of the idea, but still, man, no need to get pissed over it.

Here, have something to calm yourself down.

And here, ph00t: IMDB record for Linda Park. Aside from the minor bilingual sticking point (it would be difficult to find this many bilingual actors, methinks), I actually think she might be able to pull Miho off fairly well.

Also:

Hayashibara Megumi as Erika. Simple as that. When Erika speaks, I hear her voice (probably thanks to her excellent role as Haruka in LH). Hayashibara is also reasonably good at English.

Horie Yui as Ping. C'mon, folks, this lady's the one who did Multi in To Heart. Need I say more?

that clamed me down
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) All [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic