l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (4) All « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fifteen Years Later--tokimemo?, Just checking...
Yoshio
Posted: Feb 13 2010, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 5295

Mari-chan, thanks for coming! It wouldn't be a Tokimemo thread without you. Did you manage to get every single ending?
PMEmail Poster
Lufia
Posted: Feb 25 2010, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 4358

Oh, it's been a long time since I used this account. I'm glad this thread exists. Thanks for the links to the translation projects!

Lately, I've been playing Tokimeki Memorial 2 on the PSP, downloaded from the Playstation Network. I have both Tokimemo 2 and the append disc downloaded, but I can't seem to load files from the append disc memory card to the Tokimemo 2 memory card. Does anyone know how to do this on a PSP? I'd really love to play a Miho/Maho game with EVS, that's been my dream for about 10 years now.

Also, this might be some help to those who are playing on the PSP: To access the R2 button (so you can move the cursor manually to call for Maeka), hold the control stick to the left, hold down the R button, and use the arrow keys to move the cursor manually.
PMEmail Poster
zero_kanipan
Posted: Mar 5 2010, 05:13 AM
Quote Post

Mr. Procrastinator

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 10203

wouldnt say im a fan of the series, but i have played the first two games a few times and enjoyed it. heck im using it as a reference for a flash dating game im planning to make. anyway, i need to go back and play it again as ive only gotten just a handful of the girls (the arts and science girl from TM1 and Kotoko from TM2). also i think i managed to get Shiori, but by using some cheat for stats XD

This post has been edited by zero_kanipan on Mar 5 2010, 05:14 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Mar 5 2010, 08:08 AM
Quote Post

Azifu~ forever and always~
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 201

Could you make some efforts and write in correct English?
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Wavehawk
Posted: Mar 5 2010, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Some would say I'm the Reverse...

Member No.: 555

QUOTE (OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol @ Mar 5 2010, 02:08 PM)
Could you make some efforts and write in correct English?

Olf, Zero and I are from the Philippines.

We don't speak English, we speak American. tongue.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
burnout02
Posted: Mar 26 2010, 03:40 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 36456

Finished Miyako's route in TM4.

That was...disturbing as all hell. GODDAMN BUNNY.

So, since when did Tokimeki Memorial start taking place in Silent Hill? Are we going to see a survival-horror spin-off, with the protagonists of the past games being menaced by Pyramid Head?

-Seriously, though, the voice was actually quite disquieting...Especially when you consider that it's your childhood friend that has apparently gone crazy. I thought I was doing something wrong, at first~
PMEmail Poster
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Mar 26 2010, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

I guess it means you're not into yandere, are you? OTOH, mayhap such a character doesn't fit the Tokimemo world of yore, but one has to adapt to his time, hasn't one?
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
burnout02
Posted: Mar 26 2010, 07:55 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 36456

Mmmm, I guess so. I just felt it was...kind of abrupt. (I loved her introduction, though.) After all, I never saw it coming. 0_0

I like the new interface. This is, graphics and system-wise, a massive improvement over 3, which I gave up on after the first month. Here, though...The bunny *never goes away*. Even after Miyako wasn't in yandere mode any longer, when I offered to walk home with Maki~

...Well...*shudder*. Guess that's one way to lock you onto one girl's path.

The skill that identifies and prevents bombs is *very* useful, especially when you're not too good at Japanese, like me.

The new RPG battles are hilarious. I love how the gamer girl inputs the KONAMI CODE. "Ah, it's the Vic Viper! Thank you, Vic Viper- I'll never forget you~" Not to mention it actually seems to be part of the game, now, instead of being tacked-on...And you get bonuses, too! (Chugging milk tea~)

Kai's John-Woo twin pistols attack- Complete with doves- made me laugh.

So far, after completing Miyako's route in the first playthrough, I like- In no particular order- Maki, Kai, Rizumi (The headphones girl) and Fuu-chan~ I'm fairly sure I haven't met some of the cast, but it's all good. -_^

PMEmail Poster
flowerthief
Posted: Mar 29 2010, 05:55 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 9573

Btw, I know there have been multiple attempts to fan-translate the original Tokimemo. Why did all those efforts fail? What was the hangup in each case?

Are there any attempts to translate it underway now?

How about other games in the series? I'm aware of the DS Girl's Side project.
gekiganwing
Posted: Jul 16 2010, 08:44 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 24936

QUOTE (flowerthief @ Mar 29 2010, 05:55 AM)
Btw, I know there have been multiple attempts to fan-translate the original Tokimemo. Why did all those efforts fail? What was the hangup in each case?

Are there any attempts to translate it underway now?

How about other games in the series? I'm aware of the DS Girl's Side project.

I apologize for the delayed reply, Flowerthief. I should've followed this thread a bit more...

To be honest, I posted now because a partial fan translation for TMGS First Love Plus (DS) has been released to the public. I'm a bit worried about my budget lately, but if I find the game enjoyable, then I will make sure to import the original cart as soon as I can.

I remember about two attempts to translate Tokimemo 1 for Super Famicom, and both died quietly. One of them managed to translate the opening screens and nothing else. I'm not entirely sure why this happened. But I'd chalk up their failure to the tendencies of fan projects -- for everything that gets finished, there's probably ten more things which never get done. (In the world of fanfiction, this is known as "dead fic.")

In the time since you asked, two more new things have happened...

1 - There was a classified ad on another site -- which I won't name -- looking for people to help translate the Playstation game Tokimeki Memorial Forever with You. According to an article on Hardcore Gaming 101, the PS1 version has voiced dialogue and better graphics. I don't know if this project will get anywhere.

2 - There's been talk (again, on another forum which I won't name) about translating the DS version of TMGS2, and the third TMGS game. No promises yet...

If nothing else, there's always the FAQs in English.
gekiganwing
Posted: May 30 2011, 06:33 AM
Quote Post

Local

This thread ended quietly last year. I decided to post again, since 1) it's Memorial Day, so talking about Tokimemo makes sense in a weird, non-sequitur way... and 2) there's been news in the months since the last message. The news is that the fan translations of the first two Tokimemo Girl's Side DS games are both done. (Unfortunately, neither English patch will work with a legit import cartridge...)

To celebrate this landmark in fandom, I will take time today to build the main character girl's stats, so that she gets a best friend ending with one of the other girls. Now as for other people on the forums, are you doing anything to celebrate this Tokimeki Memorial Day?
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: May 30 2011, 06:59 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (gekiganwing @ May 30 2011, 02:33 PM)
To celebrate this landmark in fandom, I will take time today to build the main character girl's stats, so that she gets a best friend ending with one of the other girls. Now as for other people on the forums, are you doing anything to celebrate this Tokimeki Memorial Day?
I guess I could print a picture of Shiori and burn it? tongue.gif
Or give it to be eaten by wild koalas if I had some at hand? wink.gif
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Wavehawk
Posted: May 31 2011, 04:06 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol @ May 30 2011, 12:59 PM)
I guess I could print a picture of Shiori and burn it? tongue.gif
Or give it to be eaten by wild koalas if I had some at hand? wink.gif

~~~~~OOOOOOOLLLLLFFFF!!!!
<<--(Lives in a place where there are Wild Koalas)
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: May 31 2011, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Wavehawk @ May 31 2011, 12:06 PM)
~~~~~OOOOOOOLLLLLFFFF!!!!
<<--(Lives in a place where there are Wild Koalas)
Too bad you're into Shiori and not poor Miharu then! With that many koalas at hand, you'd be able to build perfect Miharu traps!
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Wavehawk
Posted: Jun 1 2011, 07:50 AM
Quote Post

No, I'm too busy upskilling the little Drop Bears to annoy the hell out of Yuina. You know me...happy.gif
Wavehawk
Posted: Dec 13 2013, 11:40 PM
Quote Post

I had this weird dream. It had Miyako in it.

Just woke up had a freakign weird dream Charlotte was in it plus this cute yandere girl named Miyako from Tokimeki Memorial 4 involving a part wherein I use a sonic screwdriver and steal Rafale Revive's pilebunker thingamabobby and attach it to Gurren Laggan's drillrhesostat and have the entire thing materialize in midair to drill a holde into an alien void ship filled with blue-suited potatohead aliens with laser wands trying to invade multiple universes at once and you have the girls blaming me even though it wasnt my fault i just supply the tools to everything no that big crater in the backyard had nothign to do with me and oh my god this is why i should never drink vodka plus energy drinks before I go to bed

Olf, you wouldn't have had anything to do with that, did you? dry.gif

Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and the dark will rise
When a good man goes to war

This post has been edited by Wavehawk on Dec 14 2013, 06:28 AM
Yoshio
Posted: Aug 13 2016, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Local

I feel like Mark Watney in the Martian digging up the old Mars lander. Hey, the forum still works! This is the only place I know to mention these thoughts.

I recently came across a reference to Suzune Misaki's big scene in TM Drama Series No. 2, Irodori No Love Song. I never played any of the drama series. But playthroughs are online now.

Here it is on
YouTube. Here is a useful summary and English translation from 2001. (My thanks to that website for keeping those ancient forum posts!)

I love everything about this scene. The writing, the art, the voice acting. The way it makes you think about all the people you must have hurt without even realizing it.
PMEmail Poster
Wavehawk
Posted: Aug 14 2016, 12:03 AM
Quote Post

I'm actually being evil right now.

A large number of Metal Gear Solid fans are whining and crying about MGS3 beign turned into a Pachinko game. All I could tell them was "Now you @$#(# know how I felt when Konami made Tokimemo Pachinko."

Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Konami spends the rest of it's operating time sitting on their franchises and making Pachinko games out of them while suing the pants off of anyone trying to revive them.
Yoshio
Posted: Aug 16 2016, 08:18 PM
Quote Post

Local

Can you enter the Konami code into a pachinko machine? Remember the walking Konami logo? Seeing that was how I knew my emulator was finally working.

Another link that is new-ish from the last time this this forum was active: This person posted a very detailed playthrough with lots of pics, translations and cultural notes. I really wish this information had been available to me back in the day. I forgot how hard the game was! I had no clue about how to win the mini-games and fights. Also, I forgot how mean you have to be to the girls you're not chasing. Poor Megumi!
PMEmail Poster
Wavehawk
Posted: Aug 19 2016, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Wavehawk @ Aug 14 2016, 06:03 AM)
Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Konami spends the rest of it's operating time sitting on their franchises and making Pachinko games out of them while suing the pants off of anyone trying to revive them.

OH WAIT.
https://youtu.be/X3hjRKGrC40

...If the Konamiexecs then think: "Hey, that's a GREAT Idea! Let's revive Tokimemo, Zoen of the Enders, Love Plus, and put Zombies in it! That'll make them LOVED by our fans!"

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
gekiganwing
Posted: Nov 12 2016, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

Local

The last time I posted in this thread was 2011. Now, all three Girl's Side games have full fan translations.

I still enjoy some translated games and console titles. However, I get the impression that I'm one of only a few remaining OJLVN and OJLVG (original Japanese language visual novel / video game) fans. There is an increasing number of stat-driven romance games written in English, mostly for PC, with a few on mobile devices.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) All « First ... 2 3 [4]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll