l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Woa, I just noticed something, Woa, I just noticed something
Kindred
Posted: Jul 17 2003, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 12780

Not sure if anyone's pointed this out already, but I just noticed something in the last panel of [180] . Look behind the computer. Have we seen that little bundle of fur elsewhere ?
PMEmail Poster
Integral
Posted: Jul 17 2003, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 10654

I put forth the motion that the comparison between the cat on Miho's desk and Belphegor be added to the drinking game. It's come up often enough. A side-by-side comparison reveals that they don't look very similiar at all. Plus, I think the cat on Miho's desk isn't a real one.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Opt498
Posted: Jul 17 2003, 09:05 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 4928

The general concensus is that Miho's cat and Belphagor are separate entities.

Thank you for playing.
PM
Kindred
Posted: Jul 17 2003, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 12780

ah, sorry, I try to follow along, but I hadn't seen it posted before.

*goes back to his corner*
PMEmail Poster
Ray Kremer
Posted: Jul 17 2003, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

Fanmod #1
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3418

Alright, time to add some new ones, I guess.

Take a drink when...
Somebody thinks the cat by Miho's computer in strip [180] is Asmodeus's cat Belphegor.
(We haven't ruled it out completely, but the general consensus is no.)
Somebody theorizes that the vanished pop star Dom is talking about in strip [420] is Erika.
(That was supposed to be obvious. Her name is on the CD cover, for one thing.)
Somebody complains that we didn't get to see everybody at the bath house in chapter 4.
(It was a plot device to get Piro, Largo, and Miho all together at the same time, not an opportunity for fanservice. Get over it.)
Somebody is confused about Endgames.
(Endgames is a series of DPDs that are part of the main storyline. See these strips: [158] [185] [203] [229] [239] [241] [253] [259] [281])
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Karinka
Posted: Jul 17 2003, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 15592

In reply to:

Somebody theorizes that the vanished pop star Dom is talking about in strip [420] is Erika.
(That was supposed to be obvious. Her name is on the CD cover, for one thing.)

Well, I'm a toroi baka...I didn't know that T-T
PMEmail Poster
vorkon
Posted: Jul 17 2003, 11:39 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 552

I just wanted to point out that I don't think the differences in character design between Belphegor and the cat on Miho's desk prove anything. Just look at the differences between how the characters look today and Fred's original concept sketches of Piro, Largo, Erika, and... um... who the hell is that? Kimiko? Yuki? Some strange combination of the two? If that cat is supposed to be Belphegor, you can't blame Fred for revamping the character design. It's was a LONG time between that strip and Belphegor's "first" appearance.

However, I DO believe that this issue gets brought up often enough to deserve to be added to the drinking game. Hell, there were people theorizing that cat was an evil counterpart for Boo LONG before Belphegor was ever even introduced.

Speaking of which, BOTTOMS UP!!!
PMEmail Poster
Char
Posted: Jul 17 2003, 11:41 PM
Quote Post

♪So I got married♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 803

WAHH!! GREEN TEXT!!!111 OMFG FLAME
PMEmail PosterIntegrity Messenger IMICQAOLYahooMSN
warpshadow
Posted: Jul 17 2003, 11:49 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 12228

That looks like a gargoyle to me.
lammah
Posted: Jul 24 2003, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 16149

Don't Gargoyles usually look down and have a scary face? This one is looking to the side, and it doesn't look all that scary at all.
PMEmail Poster
Darkness087
Posted: Jul 24 2003, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 16618

Here here! No offense to Kindred, but this is definately drinking game material...Not saying it isn't the same cat, but it HAS been asked enough. And any reason to play the beloved game (read: any reason to get completely tanked) is fine by me!

To Kindred: Feel proud. It is with but your one simple question that the drinking game, one of everyone's favorite pastimes, has been updated. Therefore, I dedicate this glass of sake to you...and this next one...and this next one...ah hell, gimme the bottle, I'm gonna drink it all anyways.

________________________________________________________________________________
__
PMEmail Poster
lammah
Posted: Jul 24 2003, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 16149

Hmm... Okay... so a some of these things might have been discussed and dealt with a while (months / weeks) ago.

However, was the possibility that Piro was (is?) going to be working for the company (CubeSoft) that is making the game Kimiko got hired by mentioned? This also might help explain why Piro decided to fly to Megatokyo at the start (to get to his new job). See Kimiko Nanasawa.

I'm sure it'll be pointed out that these shouldn't / cannot be considered 'canon' since they aren't part of the official MT web comic art and / or rants, but still, I find it rather interesting.

In reply to:

Kimiko (shown here) and Largo's main protagonist (we haven't named her yet). Kimiko is a seiyuu who is working on a game project at the company Piro is currently working for.

Intersting stuff, you can find more MT tidbits if you browse through the stuff at www.fredart.com that is related to MT and seeing how the story / characters have changed.

Some of the stuff just makes you go hmm... we have Yuki-chan showing (Nov, 2000) so I guess the whole Piro-Yuki-Kimiko love triangle thing wasn't really a solid part of the story (or Fred just didn't have the character design finalized)... guess it just sort of evolved for some... reason and then we have suggestion / hint that Kimiko might just end up killing Piro!? See kimiko 'misato' & piro 'kaji' also rather odd that it also seems to have "Megatokyo 2" on it.

In reply to:

Erika should be the one in the Misato outfit, right? happy.gif Kimiko is a sweet girl, nothin like Misato. But are we sure of that, i wonder... and considering Kaji's fate, what the hell is he doing dressed up like him? Heheh, it's just a sketch, right? happy.gif

Now so far the only mean thing we have seen from Kimiko is the dumping scalding hot coffee onto guys laps (usually fanboy types) (usually it appears as if it was an accident, but the one time she did it on purpose )

Then we have the fact Largo warned Prio when Kimiko showed up.. [275] "Cannot you feel the hidden threat?" Of course this is Largo, but still, since he is so instinctive, he does seem to pick up on things before Piro does. I'm not sure that Largo should really be dismissed out of hand. I mean has it been shown that Largo's l33t senses have tingled wrong so far up to this point? Largo also did manage to surprise Seraphim with his observations about Piro's potential weakness just prior to Asmodeus capturing her. So Largo isn't really as out of touch with reality as his behavior would seem to suggest. Perhaps its all just an act, so that people will tend to let their guard down around him or something like that. Dunno.

I guess Kimiko could have a sadistic streak since she does end up pouring hot coffe into guys laps. Sure, it's an accident although that one time she did to to four people who happened to be discussing her apparent "size reduction".

I'm sure we all remember when Yuki was introduced in [44]

as Piro was reading something a manga plot synopsis that went as follows

In reply to:

Yuki is a Jr high school girl who falls in love with her English teacher, a shy American with blond hair who is much older than her. She is very stubborn and does everything she can to win him, which leads to a tragic ending where they both die separate violent deaths...

Oh well... now that doesn't sound good at all, does it? Was that just a joke or was that intended as a portent? (or maybe even both?)

After all, not every story has to have happy ending, does it? And sometimes things just don't work out, no matter how hard you try or want them to. Oh well... that's life. I guess I could just be reading way too much into things and with my tendency to overanalyze things that doesn't help either... hope I'm jumping to conclusions about Kimiko, since I like the character, but not enough to become a fanboy

Hopefully I'm not beating a dead horse with a Killstick... if I am then have a drink or two on me!
PMEmail Poster
Ray Kremer
Posted: Jul 24 2003, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Fanmod #1
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3418

In reply to:

This also might help explain why Piro decided to fly to Megatokyo at the start (to get to his new job).

Note that that Fredart drawing is from a very long time ago, and the planned story has changed much since then. Even if Piro still somehow ends of working at CubeSoft, it's pretty clear that it will be a new development and not something that Piro had lined up before he left the States. He's been in Japan for over six weeks, after all.
In reply to:

Oh well... now that doesn't sound good at all, does it? Was that just a joke or was that intended as a portent? (or maybe even both?)

You have indeed earned a drink.
Gravitron
Posted: Jul 25 2003, 12:05 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 14457

Actually, just like sera is sort of in service of Piro, who's to say Asmo hasn't partied up with Miho?
Think about it, kidnapping Piro's moral/conscience, destabilizing him, won't it help Miho's goals, whatever those may be?
Quite logical to assume that evil will cooperate with evil, even for a brief period when their short term objectives overlap, each to achive their own agendas eventually.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOLYahoo
catmatica
Posted: Jul 25 2003, 12:50 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 715

In reply to:

Actually, just like sera is sort of in service of Piro, who's to say Asmo hasn't partied up with Miho?

There is one major flaw with that idea. If Asmodeus was in league with Miho, wouldn't he, as a fulltime conscience operative, know where his charge is? Now this does not rule out Belphegor being Miho's cat. He may be taking on a temporary position much on the same manner as Boo.

Though it has been implied otherwise, Asmodeus may be the one that is operating as a rogue agent. Certainly, the respective conscience agencies would have a regulation that prohibited the direct engagement of an opposing operative and requiring them to work solely with their charges.
PMEmail Poster
Gravitron
Posted: Jul 25 2003, 02:06 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

I knew my phrasing is going to be problematic.
I did not mean she's his assignment.
I meant that they conspire to colaborate on Piro&Largo's downfall.
catmatica
Posted: Jul 25 2003, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 715

In reply to:

I did not mean she's his assignment.
I meant that they conspire to colaborate on Piro&Largo's downfall.

Conscience Operatives can only be seen by other Conscience Operatives and by their own charges or assignments. For reasons stated earlier, it is unlikely that Miho is Asmodeus' assignment. Therefore, the likelyhood of a collaberation between them would be slim.
PMEmail Poster
Darkness087
Posted: Jul 25 2003, 11:09 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 16618

Hmmm...hasn't the whole Miho/Asmo conspiracy been talked about enough, both here and in other threads? It's not a part of the game yet,but...ah to hell with it, good enough for me. *glug glug glug*

________________________________________________________________________________
______
PMEmail Poster
Gravitron
Posted: Jul 25 2003, 01:39 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

And who decided that this is the case?
There's no reason an agent can't forcibly be visible to someone if they so choose to.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options   Reply to this topicStart new topic