l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (11) All « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [0704] In Clubs, No One Can Hear You Scream, "'err goin"
GoldenEye50
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 37643

The comic is good cant wait for the next
PMEmail Poster
FinalDestiny
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 39593

Damn, and i thought miho was scary before. I dont think Miho knows the whole story yet though, since she said Erika will never let Largo touch her, and we all know she actually told him to to make him leave, this comic just keeps getting better and better. Keep up the awsome work fred.
PMEmail PosterIntegrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSN
Izuko
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Emperor of the Americas

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 615

QUOTE (xenoandroid @ Apr 29 2005, 07:58 PM)
That's like asking someone who put their hand on a hot burner to put it on again without hesitating.  Maybe the analogy is going a little too far but the fact that most of the guys that teenage girls tend to be interested in are scum doesn't help.

Does that mean I should assume that all women are greedy, gold-bricking devouerers of souls who just want to be economically supported and saddle some poor guy with her kids from previous marriages, relationships, affairs, or one-night stands?

Granted, this isn't personal experience, but something I've seen happen often enough to my friends on the ship.

This post has been edited by Izuko on Apr 29 2005, 09:04 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOL
Sarellion
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:19 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 40515

This sound in the background is intriguing me, too.
PMEmail Poster
Urazz
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 22844

QUOTE (Blacksilver)
This is assuming, of course, that Largo isn't as drunk as he appears to be. Not an completely unreasonable assumption, I believe, considering he was displaying some amount of coordination of body (playing games, walking around carrying things) and aptitude.of mind (ordered thoughs, articulated speech), when, all of a sudden, as soon as he ented the cave, he started staggering about, his face became hammered and his speeched started slurring. Suspicious.

Actually he wasn't hammered so bad until he started drinking the alcohol Miho gave him in strip 698. It must be some strong stuff for it to affect him so much physically with the little bit he drank in the few minutes between 698 and 703. I think panels 1 and 2 in 703 supports it with Miho telling him to do small sips and Largo saying 'Guah'.

Anyways, I think that in panel 7 of today's comic, that There was the noises before Largo yelled to Piro about leaving. Though I think that Largo may be to the point of passing out now since the last part about leaving is not in bold to show yelling.

I think Largo may end up getting thrown out of the club now or Largo will try to get Piro to leave again and will be turned down and will leave. But once he is outside he will be attacked by the ninjas. I don't think he will hit Miho, but just shrug her arm off.
PMEmail Poster
Matev Kenas
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 39855

QUOTE (Texas Ben @ Apr 29 2005, 07:08 PM)
And what exactly is that WhoomfWhoomfWhoomfWhoomf?

Ping entering rejetion mode perhaps? tongue.gif

Uh....dude, it's a rave, there's heavy bass going. At least that's assumation.

I'm personally in the boat of "Largo doing what he did earlier today." That is, doing the right thing (twice in a row you say! Yes, it can be done with the magic of comic books dear audience!) and just walking out. But who's to say that is the right thing. from what i know of drunks, leaving them alone is a very bad idea, possibly Miho is on to something socially redeeming still despite her having to be bitchy about it.

This post has been edited by Matev Kenas on Apr 29 2005, 09:32 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
emisu
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 31653

Hmmm, is it me or... is sony ps2 robot whatever they're called (Yeah, some fan i am, gomen, im pretty tierd sleep.gif' Dont remember what its called), is just to get a relation ship and...the, wanting to do it? o-O Kinda looks like what Miho wants to do. Or said o-O
Ping tried.

*cough* Uhmm, hmm interesting of me to say. >_> Sorry, im tierd.

i do believe this is the first time Largo called Piro by his name? not sure, but i've never noticed if he did or not.

Naw, i think... yeah he called out Piro's name before. Im pretty sure.

But, heh dunno. When i read that, i thought emotional. Dunno (ish stupid) Then again, everything for me is emotional..

*sigh* I have no idea what the hell im saying, im tierd, hitting the hay. So i'll shut up now... >_>
PMEmail PosterMSN
Kthardin
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 38785

Well, this certainly seems to be the time for these sorts of "OOOOOOHHHH!!!" moments. The author is most assuradely on a roll, heheheheh.

The thing about what Miho was stating, about Erika not letting Largo touch her, was not so much in the physical sense. I get the feeling Erika would have indeed let him were he any less of a man than he was and took her up on her rather FUBARed offer. She'd have done it, probably felt really disgusted with herself afterwords, and possibly even convinced herself she deserved what she just did to herself, and even to Largo. He, in turn, would then be expected to take a hike.

This is not touching a woman and having her sigh in longing and passion at the caress. This is not inflaming her ardor with a kiss here or there. This is not having her yearn for your body intertwined and intermingled with yours as you make her cry out in pleasure so intense it is really a strange sort of pain...and there at the end, she looks at you with, if not love, certainly affection, and even a sated, though quickly growing, hunger.

That's the kind of touch Miho is talking about. Anyone can walk up and touch another, but to have them want it...need it more than life itself...ah, that's a bit different.

I was curious as to Miho's actual state of wellbeing in the previous page. Was this part of her game? Was she simply manipulating events to an end only she would know? Or did Largo indeed REALLY just rock her world?

I'm more inclined toward the latter at this point. That was the face of a girl barely restrained from screaming and/or crying...possibly while trying to kill Largo with her bare hands. But no, in her eyes, she knew exactly how to hurt him the most...and she did because she had just been hurt in a way she was not prepared to deal with...probably the most she's ever been hurt. If she didn't feel any of this, I doubt it would have mattered at this point, simply the dialouge would have been sufficient to rile Largo as wasted as he obviously is. Therefore her showing the emotion she did was...unneccessary were she playing him. This is all conjecture, of course.

I could see those two having some serious hate sex. sleep.gif

Which could be interesting, however, if Miho is indeed just a normal goth girl, she still ranks as jailbait even over there (though I could be wrong), or if she's an undead Lich Queen...well...either way there are some serious repercussions that Largo will have to deal with, not the least of which is the fact he just did their mortal enemy. Though doing so may clear his head.

Sort of like that scene in Gantz where the main character winds up doing some very hot woman that was a new player to their game o' death. He'd been all fucked up over some other girl that he started the game with, lived with him for a time, and wouldn't let him touch her...no matter that he rather liked her a lot. When that girl busted in on him doing the newcomer, that entire scene clarified a LOT of things about the entire situation for the main character.

Or as my friend put it, "Sometimes, you just need to get laid."

Of course, sometimes when you do...it complicates matters further.

Personally I don't advocate any relationships, I just desire a good story with characters I can love...or love to hate...and in this I've never been disapointed concerning Megatokyo. I look forward to seeing how this turns out...however it turns out, heh.

This post has been edited by Kthardin on Apr 29 2005, 09:39 PM
PM
MojoJojo
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:38 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 40517

I've always disliked Miho, but now I hate her more than ever. She's making such cutting remarks when she doesn't even realise that Largo's the one who turned Erika down, not the other way around. She's always been a manipulative little bitch, but the fact that she doing all of this.. I don't know. Makes me want to punch her in the face until she stops moving. I hope Largo gets all in her face and blurts out that he's not the one that came on to Erika, but the other way around. She deserves a nice dose or reality right now.
PMEmail Poster
MaulingMonkey
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:44 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 17836

QUOTE (Izuko @ Apr 30 2005, 03:02 AM)
Does that mean I should assume that all women are greedy, gold-bricking devouerers of souls who just want to be economically supported and saddle some poor guy with her kids from previous marriages, relationships, affairs, or one-night stands?

To play it on the safe side, yes tongue.gif

But of course, the dangerous side is more fun. It's just that not all people realize that.
PMEmail Poster
Matev Kenas
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:46 PM
Quote Post

Addict

And she's been getting, from what we saw last strip, which is why she's making the bitchy remarks to Largo, she's been hurt. She thought all the Endgames stuff made him actually care, but when he said (not that he may have meant it.) it didn't matter, he hurt her bad. I know how she feels, to be sucked into the game, to have emotional investment in it. To have one of your greatest foes (or allies or lovers etc.) say it was nothing, can be as bad as a physical death. Thus she activates her self-defense mechanism, retreating to where she's safe and can pull all the strings. She said it herself, she always gets hurt when she personally handles the games.

Oh, and hate her all you want, but don't threaten lest you wake the Mihoists from their slumber. (Not mention the strikes called by her other...supporters wub.gif )

This post has been edited by Matev Kenas on Apr 29 2005, 09:48 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Blacksilver
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 34793

QUOTE (Urazz @ Apr 29 2005, 09:21 PM)
Actually he wasn't hammered so bad until he started drinking the alcohol Miho gave him in strip 698.  It must be some strong stuff for it to affect him so much physically with the little bit he drank in the few minutes between 698 and 703.  I think panels 1 and 2 in 703 supports it with Miho telling him to do small sips and Largo saying 'Guah'.

No, Largo starting slumping, squinting, and slurring before he layed a hand on the bottle, which is inconsistant with his behavior outside the Cave.

And even if the scotch has a 60% alcohol content, I'm not sure how much more alcohol that would put into his blood stream. Judging by the cans scattered across in the apartment and the ones he carried down to the employee room, Largo has drunken anywhere from 40 to 60 beer cans. Assuming their your typical 12 oz cans, that's anywhere between 3.75 to 5.63 gallons of beer.

Assuming he drank 45 beers with an alcohol content of 4% over a period of six hours, and he's about 190 pounds, he should have a Blood Alcohol Content of around .763%. Folks, this is a somewhat unhealthy number.

This post has been edited by Blacksilver on Apr 29 2005, 10:12 PM
PMEmail Poster
|\/|3647|20|\|
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:48 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 39650

Once again, I am too late to introduce anything interesting to discussion...

Oh holy HELL, this next series of comics is going to kick so much freaking ass.

So very, very true.

Things are occurring at such a pace and at such an important time that I'm hesitant to say anything concrete about anyone yet.

Largo's lack of speech disturbs me. He is normally the most vocal cast member, but now he hardly says a word, let alone said anything to frame this in his 'Largovision' which might make the situation impact him less.

I am on the edge of my seat.
PMEmail Poster
MaulingMonkey
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 17836

QUOTE (FoxyRokie/Snea @ Apr 30 2005, 02:29 AM)
risque...but i love it!
+EDIT+
i do believe this is the first time Largo called Piro by his name? not sure, but i've never noticed if he did or not.

Nope, [004] would be the first instance of largo using piro's name. I don't have a link handy to the list of all the instances that Largo uses Piro's name, but rest assured, it's happened quite a few times.

I also don't have a link to the drinking song handy, my vauge recollection makes me think that we're supposed to drink on this?
PMEmail Poster
emisu
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:54 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 31653

QUOTE (Kthardin @ Apr 29 2005, 09:37 PM)
Personally I don't advocate any relationships, I just desire a good story with characters I can love...or love to hate...and in this I've never been disapointed concerning Megatokyo.  I look forward to seeing how this turns out...however it turns out, heh.

True, that what makes a comic book so good. You get to know and get into the caracthers position. And some caracthers which you hate or wants something bad to happen to them. But, i kinda like where this story is going. It's... something i didn't really expected to happen, in this.
Cause, it started all nice, and calm, they got to Japan, they're stuck. Piro meets up with a cute girl and work with her room-mate, Largo was a teacher and Junpei kicking around here and there(haven't seen him in a while. I miss him ><), Seraphim with her ebil twin sister, which.. we haven't seen Seraphim, the actual nice little angel back since that huge day at the store with Erika and the fanboys. Im pretty sure of it. Ed and Dom (which they're probably wandering somewhere around the country, again been a while we haven't seen them) and Piro supose to give Yuki her dra...and allways mi... Hey. What happen to Yuki?
o-O I completly forgot about her!! Its been ages. When was the last comic with her in there?
Anywhoos, and then BOOM! Outta nowhere, theres this happening. And its much deaper and serious-ish, with some emotional stuff in there. Ya know? I kinda like it ^^
Hmm, its kinda like... Bone by Jeff Smith (well not exactly) but...its started off nice and then a war is on!!
Hmm i duno if ALL comic start like that.. hmm, yeah i imagine so. but, its stuff you didn't expected to happen.
Really, i dont think Kimiko/Piro or Largo/Someone will hook up. I dont think ANYBODY will hook up. Just like in Bone, Thorn and Bone never hook up. Bone just went back home with his cuzins.

I say at some point, Piro and largo will get back home. And that will be the end of that. We dont see anybody hook up, we dont see Piro and largo at home seeing there friends back. Just see them hopping on the plane.

Thats what i gotta say... >_>
And wow i wrote loads..

This post has been edited by emisu on Apr 29 2005, 09:59 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN
rufiangel
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 36566

Poor Largo. I worry for him. ;_;
Where IS Erika?
And is Piro going to listen to Kimiko at ALL tonight, or just listen to a part of it that sounds like Kimiko is belittling him or something? @_@ Myaaa... Keep it up Fred.
PMEmail Poster
Cyclops
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 37309

I said in the last one that Miho had almost felt hurt when Largo said he hadnt cared much about his loss in Endgames. And it looks like this time, its Miho's chance to stab back at him...

Panel 3: Looks like he is thinking as she is talking...
Panel 4: That smile shows that Miho is liking this return barage.

Nice Comic. Prio, Did you say something about being late? I didnt notice....
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Mr. Lostman
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:58 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 33349

She'll kill.

Great strip. Can't wait until Monday to see the damage report...

This post has been edited by Morph_Ball on Apr 29 2005, 09:58 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Matev Kenas
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 09:59 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Knowing how K&Piro's comedy of errors has gone before, I'd opt for the latter, but you never know, Fred's surprised us before.

Erika I'm speculating is drowning her sorrows at the b33r garden or home. (If she's really not cold and heartless that is.)

And yes, everyone wants to see Largo and Piro suceed (well, most of us.) But like any effective story, it's gotta jerk us around before that happens. Or it could be an effective tragedy and despite our "Heroes" best efforts, they fail. Personally, I'm just enjoying the ride.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
corncob
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 39629

QUOTE (Matev Kenas @ Apr 29 2005, 09:31 PM)
Uh....dude, it's a rave, there's heavy bass going. At least that's assumation.

Actually, it's the ancient drums that no doubt mark the beginning of the zombies' hedonistic rituals. Largo, upon hearing them, realizes he has no time to spar with the 3v1L 0n3 and must retreat with his friend (not to mention needing to recover from the telling blow she dealt him).
PMEmail Poster
Matev Kenas
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 10:20 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Well, that was my second guess of course. But Largo's efforts would be for naught as he(Piro) is in the grips of the Dark One's mechanical love servant right now!

This post has been edited by Matev Kenas on Apr 29 2005, 10:20 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
eldritch2k4
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 10:22 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 26215

Out of curiousity, I checked Largo's approximate Blood-Alcohol Level. Assuming two cases of beer (48 cans) and six shots of the scotch (he hasn't drank that much of it) over a five hour period of time (assuming it was late afternoon when he started) and that he weighs 220 lbs, I've determined that he's sportin' a .848 BAL. For reference, see Below.

I think it's safe to say Largo isn't putting on an act. In fact, in the US he'd be setting records, again see below.

# 0.030 BAC - Slowed reaction time,
# 0.040 BAC - Federal prohibited limit for commercial drivers license,
# 0.050 BAC - Increased risk taking and American Medical Association recommended prohibited limit,
# 0.080 BAC - Recommended prohibited limit for criminal charges and impaired vision,
# 0.100 BAC - Poor large muscle control, loss of balance and prohibited limit in most states,
# 0.170 BAC - National average blood alcohol level of drivers in a fatal crash,
# 0.190 BAC - National average for first time DUI offender and of persons who have killed police officers,
# 0.200 BAC - Loss of emotional control,
# 0.220 BAC - National average for replete DUI offenders at time of arrest,
# 0.300 BAC - Loss of orientation as to time and place,
# 0.350 BAC - Blackouts and stupor,
# 0.500 BAC - Published overdose level leading to death,
# 0.740 BAC - Highest recorded blood alcohol level by a US hospital.

Also, the sfx in the background is bass. I don't think it's too hard to figure that one out. What with it being a night club hosting a rave.

This post has been edited by eldritch2k4 on Apr 29 2005, 10:23 PM
PMEmail Poster
Ray Kremer
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Fanmod #1
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3418

Wow, Miho has range! Wednesday gave us the surprised look, and today a scowl. Other than the rare vulnerable moments, we usually only get creepy/smug, and the occasional "I'm genki and harmless, no really" smile. Hmm, now that I put it like that, I'm reminded of Guu.

*Has mental image of Miho as Guu*

OH GOD!!!! OH GOD GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!! GET IT OUT OF MY HEEEEAAAAADDDD!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (The Electric Triangle @ Apr 29 2005, 05:29 PM)
I barely have ANY guesses about Largo's PISSED-AS-FUCK expression.

"Pissed" in the American sense or the British sense? Oh wait, never mind, it's both. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Terrytigre @ Apr 29 2005, 05:42 PM)
Youre reading Erika wrong. What Erika was saying indirectly, 'If i allow you to get close to me, so that you can hurt me, will you leave me after we have sex?'

Remember, that she did allow someone to get close to her before, and he hurt her bad. What she want is some sort of reassurance that he wont score, and leave.

Wow, that debate is going to live forever.

QUOTE (MaulingMonkey @ Apr 29 2005, 10:52 PM)
I also don't have a link to the drinking song handy, my vauge recollection makes me think that we're supposed to drink on this?

It's not on the list, but the "Is this the first time Largo has called Piro by name?" question has been coming up a lot lately, so maybe it should be. I'll think about it.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
sansele
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 10:47 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 40336

O_O Miho has returned to her state of the Evil incarnate. Clearly she is not used to retreating away from a battle; she has to win it. I wonder if Largo will choose this point to go violent...

This comic was excellent. Really picking the pace up now. *waits eagerly for next one*

When I saw the title of this comic strip, I was so freaked at first. I thought
1) Largo had finally decided to strangle Miho.
2) Miho had decided to tell Largo she had poisoned his drink.
3) Ping decided to go angry on Piro.

happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
Initial B
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 10:47 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 16323

QUOTE (Ray Kremer @ Apr 29 2005, 11:24 PM)
*Has mental image of Miho as Guu*

OH GOD!!!! OH GOD GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!! GET IT OUT OF MY HEEEEAAAAADDDD!!!!!!!!

Gee, thanks Ray. That's going to haunt my nightmares tonight. Yes, I can just imagine what would be living inside Miho. dry.gif

As my contribution to the discussion. I'd like to postulate that Largo and Miho never stopped playing the game, whatever the rules might be at this time. This particular round is set up in "real life" and to goal appears to be to emotionally hurt the other person as much as you can. For some reason, Largo and Miho are saying things to each other just to be mean, but to what end? Sure it started out relatively innocuous, but the verbal barbs are becoming increasingly vicious. When a game gets spiteful like this, no one wins.

And based on Miho's expression in Panel 6, she is nowhere near done with Largo yet. In a sense, Largo is probably going to win this round since he probably won't remember the past 12 hours by tomorrow morning. But Miho... she's going to be thinking about his comments for a long time.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (11) All « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic