l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (4) All 1 [2] 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fifteen Years Later--tokimemo?, Just checking...
Wavehawk
Posted: Nov 16 2009, 04:30 AM
Quote Post

Some would say I'm the Reverse...

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 555

QUOTE (Yoshio @ Nov 16 2009, 09:56 AM)
Just what we needed, another reason for the Shioris of the world to reject us. "I admire how you've maxed out your stats, joined my club, gotten admitted to a top university, and learned to say just the right thing whenever we talk. But your tech tree is so primitive! Cue the consolation girl!"

Oh, so you've never actually won Shiori in the original game? happy.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Yoshio
Posted: Nov 17 2009, 11:23 PM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 5295

Oh, so you've never actually won Shiori in the original game?

Oh man, is it that obvious? I like to tell myself I was never that interested in Shiori. She reminded me of some real live girls who were friendly enough, but whom I could never figure out how to please. In the game as in life, I mostly preferred to search for the the diamonds in the rough, rather than pursue the unattainable ones.

I had an idea for a fanfic that I never got around to writing. Nozomi confides to Ayako that she has a crush on the hero, but that it's hopeless because he's always hanging out with his childhood friend Shiori. Ayako bursts out laughing. "Don't worry about Shiori -- he doesn't have a chance with her. No one does! She's a nice girl, we get along and all... but she'll only go out with someone as perfect as herself."
PMEmail Poster
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Nov 18 2009, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

Azifu~ forever and always~
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 201

We should have a poll about who even tried going after Shiori! I know I didn't. tongue.gif
...and inside our Tokimemo circle of friends, she wasn't that popular either (you were the only one, Wave-kun).
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Wavehawk
Posted: Nov 18 2009, 08:20 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (OLF @ i.e. Olf Le Fol,Nov 18 2009, 12:29 PM)
...and inside our Tokimemo circle of friends, she wasn't that popular either (you were the only one, Wave-kun).

I take pride in being a Knight of Faith. wink.gif

In this knight’s world, there is a beautiful princess. He loves her, but she is so far removed from him, that he can never reach her to marry her. Assuming the actual impossibility of the marriage of the two, the knight has two choices. He can submit to resignation and rationally realize he will never have her. In this case, he will not be buoyed up by irrational false hopes, but we still weep for his unfortunate situation.

Or else, he can become a knight of faith—he can have blind trust that he will obtain the princess, based on nothing else but his own faith. This is much more difficult to achieve than the knight of infinite resignation—it goes completely against the faculties of reason. Yet he continues to trust that he will marry her and loves her based on the absurd incomprehensible belief that he will obtain her in the end.

This post has been edited by Wavehawk on Nov 18 2009, 08:22 PM
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Nov 18 2009, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

I would post a few emails you sent me that proved the Knight of Faith lost his faith long ago, but they're personal letters so I shan't.

Don't tempt me, though~
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Wavehawk
Posted: Nov 18 2009, 08:52 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (OLF @ i.e. Olf Le Fol,Nov 19 2009, 02:35 AM)
I would post a few emails you sent me that proved the Knight of Faith lost his faith long ago, but they're personal letters so I shan't.

Don't tempt me, though~

It's an analogy, remember? I.E. why I was going for Shiori when everyone else didn't. Right now, I'm not a Knight of Faith in any way, shape or form.

...more like someone Passing-thru. 通りすがりの仮面ライダーだ.

~~覚えておけ!.

"...全てを破壊し、全てを繋げ!"

This post has been edited by Wavehawk on Nov 18 2009, 09:20 PM
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Nov 18 2009, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Bah, if we're going sentimental, I maintain that Yuko was the better girl, with only possibly Saki and Miharu close to her, and mayhap Yuina somewhere behind because she was a Mad Scientist™. tongue.gif
Anyhow, Koala Girl > Childhood Friend + Miss Perfect. wink.gif
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Yoshio
Posted: Nov 19 2009, 01:27 AM
Quote Post

Local

Thanks for keeping this, possibly the last Tokimemo thread ever, alive for awhile longer. We need to find esper ranger, who kept Tokimemo groups alive on Yahoo for a long time, and invite him to put in a word for his beloved Ayako.

I have a soft spot for Yumi. When I first got the game all I had were a few vague game guides in English and my new hiragana dictionary that I barely knew how to use. But I could still win the game with Yumi. Yeah, she could be annoying, but I once had a dream that I met her again in college after she had matured a little. A girl with a bright future, she was.

I liked Yuko because in real life I am an uncool person who never dated Yuko's type. But she never held that against me in the game!

Nozomi I liked because she was different from the other girls, tall and athletic, and I found her insecurities to be charming. Also I have this great poster of her where she's sitting by the pool looking at you with a serene gaze. I really like serene gazes. I was glad that the OAV did such a nice job with her. Good to see her shrine is still alive.

Yuina rounds out my list of favorites. She was more mature than the other girls and always thinking of the future, which is how I was in high school. And of course you only got to see half of her face. My theory is that the hidden side was burned when one of her science experiments went awry. Who wouldn't want to be the guy who brushed her hair back to look her in both eyes?

This post has been edited by Yoshio on Nov 19 2009, 01:28 AM
PMEmail Poster
gekiganwing
Posted: Nov 23 2009, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 24936

For those who are interested, Tokimemo Girl's Side 3rd Story was recently announced for the DS. Here's a worksafe link with more info: http://www.gamertell.com/gaming/comment/ja...or-nintendo-ds/
omoikane
Posted: Dec 2 2009, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

♪mojimoji shite kimoi ne♪
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
omoikane
Posted: Dec 2 2009, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

something tells me olf is interested in this
http://blog.livedoor.jp/insidears/archives/52092712.html
Wavehawk
Posted: Dec 3 2009, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (omoikane @ Dec 3 2009, 03:49 AM)
something tells me olf is interested in this
http://blog.livedoor.jp/insidears/archives/52092712.html

blink.gif
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Dec 3 2009, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

There's a yandere in TM4? Oh, wait, now I need to try it! wub.gif
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Wavehawk
Posted: Dec 3 2009, 10:09 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol @ Dec 3 2009, 03:38 PM)
There's a yandere in TM4? Oh, wait, now I need to try it! wub.gif

...the first person to say this is all my fault gets a flame email from me. dry.gif
Yoshio
Posted: Dec 5 2009, 02:02 AM
Quote Post

Local

I found Esper Ranger, hopefully he will be joining us soon. Is anyone still in touch with Mari-chan? It really isn't a Tokimemo thread without her.

Sadly, Tokimemo was long before the age of YouTube, but our friends in China have uploaded some TM1 videos to baidu.com. This link should take you to a list of videos where you can see the girls with different hairstyles. Are these the epilogues from the Quiz Show game?
PMEmail Poster
omoikane
Posted: Dec 6 2009, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

side note, in love plus i unlocked one of manaka's dreams. it was lols because it took you back to a TM1-style prompt touch session w/ Manaka.
Esper Ranger
Posted: Dec 7 2009, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 68159

Hi, Yoshio invited me to come in and say a few words in support of Ayako. She is such a favorite character for me that I've even had a monitor mascot of her that used to sit on my computer until the cat started getting interested in her too. The poster in my den is the colored pencil profile from the Tokimemo drama Irodori no Love Song. I've gone so far as to even friend the seiyu Masayo Kawaguchi on Facebook. My Yahoo Group dedicated to Ayako doesn't see much traffic these days but it is an archive of images of her and always open for new ones.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayako_Katagiri/

I have the Sega Saturn version of TM1 and I "think" I have won the game with Shiori before. Of course I have an advantage with the Japanese guide books that I pick up whenever I visit Japan (every year or two). The girl that I have never won with is Miharu. She seems to be a random win character even if I try specifically for her I always seem to end up with a girl that I never even dated. blink.gif

On a side note, I'd definitely look forward to a remake of the original Tokimemo for the DS if Konami ever announced one.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Neo_Cafe_Tokimemo/

This post has been edited by Esper Ranger on Dec 7 2009, 05:15 PM
PMEmail Poster
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Dec 7 2009, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Oh, Esper Ranger, hi~
Is Yoshio truly trying to get us all Tokimemo folks to gather or something? smile.gif

hooi is still hanging in the RAML, if you want to contact him. For the others I think Jemmy retired from galgames and davepy dropped the hobby. Manoa, I don't think anyone has news, and same for ijuuin_kun.
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
Esper Ranger
Posted: Dec 7 2009, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

I think he is trying to gather the true believers. He remembered me and tracked me down to my studio email somehow using Google. Amazing really, but I'm glad he did or else I would have had no idea that there was a Tokimeki Memorial 4 coming out. Too bad it is for PSP.
PMEmail Poster
Wavehawk
Posted: Dec 7 2009, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

The only reason Olf's gotten interested again was due to reports of a Yandere winnable chara in TM4...
Yoshio
Posted: Dec 8 2009, 12:11 AM
Quote Post

Local

I have a Tolkienesque love of lost things, and because TM1 is all but lost over here, I am indeed trying to round up the Fellowship of Tokimemo (Fellowship of the Tree?). Also, I wish I had done more archiving during the golden age, so I am trying to make up for lost time. I have deciphered some ancient runes at archive.org and rediscovered Calvin Chiwon Choi's excellent Tokimemo site, which has English ending translations for all the girls except Ayako and Rei.
PMEmail Poster
DocMui
Posted: Dec 12 2009, 10:55 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 11642

Hi, all! Well, I've kept in touch with Mari-chan, but unfortunately, she's still within the grips of Final Fantasy 11. She did express interest in updating a Tokimeki Memorial wiki, but she shelved it for a while.

I've actually bought a PSP copy of TM:FWY and the guide book and gave it to a friend for a birthday gift. Unfortunately, the prospect of looking up Japanese characters had intimidated him, and as such he hasn't gotten very far in the game at all. I even gave him some printed archive translations and a link to Kimi ni Soba Ni, where they've translated a good portion of the game.

That's more than I had, and I managed to get through the game. *sigh* Kids today, no appreciation for the classics. mad.gif

Anyway, here are some TM-related links, including the translation efforts:

http://kiminosobani.webs.com/downloads.htm

http://pages.prodigy.net/plward/TokiMemo/TokiMemo_Guide.txt

(The Tokimeki Memorial Fanfiction Writer's Guide, last updated in 2001, then abandoned. I haven't been able to contact the author ever since.)

--Doc
Esper Ranger
Posted: Dec 13 2009, 08:08 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

I was in contact with a member in the Cafe Tokimemo group a few years ago who wrote an interesting Tokimemo fanfic where the person playing was actually a freedom fighter from the Matrix universe with the game uploaded into the Construct (mini matrix) of one of the ships computers. The guy had to say goodbye to the girl since they had to an emergency delete of the program to free up space.

On odd mix and match idea but well written and kinda sad IMHO.

This post has been edited by Esper Ranger on Dec 13 2009, 08:08 PM
PMEmail Poster
Yoshio
Posted: Dec 13 2009, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

Local

DocMui, thanks for posting those links. And please tell Mari-chan that we miss her.

This may be a long shot, but is anyone else a big fan of the TM1 music? I haven't played the game itself in many years, but the music is still with me. I have the park theme (Chudah's Corner translates it as "Tree-Lined Road of Memories") on my computer at work. Sometimes I put it on endless loop to help me achieve a zen state while I finish a big project. Also, I find myself humming the autumn theme ("Footsteps on Dry Leaves") when I'm walking to work in cold weather. Yeah, I've played too much Tokimemo...
PMEmail Poster
OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol
Posted: Dec 14 2009, 07:27 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Yoshio @ Dec 14 2009, 04:59 AM)
This may be a long shot, but is anyone else a big fan of the TM1 music?
I shall take a picture of all my TM1 CDs...
PMUsers WebsiteICQYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) All 1 [2] 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll