l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (2) All 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [fancomic] Mt Endgames Doujinshi, Preview, Details, Ect
mistersaxon
Posted: May 16 2011, 04:04 AM
Quote Post

Purveyor of High Class Weaponry

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 60230

Light novels? For reals?!

You mean you've sat down and actually worked out a full history and method for Endgames? That must have been . . . interesting smile.gif

Well the cover looks good, even in ScribbleVision™ so that's the first hurdle cleared.

Also, changing the subject - I get such a strong "Pirogoeth" vibe from Hideyoshi in Battle Girls - Time Paradox. I think it's the hair thingies biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
sk0llv4ld3r
Posted: May 16 2011, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 69987

Magnificent cover art. I even would bother if you'd keep it like that.

Anyway, will be worth adding it to my little collection. Do you guys already have an idea when it will be published?

Behind Moh/Miho's mask?
PMEmail Poster
chemi
Posted: May 16 2011, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

Addict
Group Icon

Group: Fake Mods
Member No.: 37563

QUOTE (mistersaxon @ May 16 2011, 04:04 AM)
Light novels? For reals?!

You mean you've sat down and actually worked out a full history and method for Endgames? That must have been . . . interesting smile.gif

Well the cover looks good, even in ScribbleVision™ so that's the first hurdle cleared.

Also, changing the subject - I get such a strong "Pirogoeth" vibe from Hideyoshi in Battle Girls - Time Paradox. I think it's the hair thingies biggrin.gif

Light Novels are the plan. Currently, I have story arcs for 4 in total; whether or not it'll stay that way is anyone's guess. There are times where it feels like I am working with myself, honestly... so the scope of the project could change a 100 more times by the end of the summer.

As for the history and method; Fred had a whole ton of events and pieces. Really all I've been doing is stringing things together, and developing story that gets from Point A to B to C, etc.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
chemi
Posted: May 16 2011, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (sk0llv4ld3r @ May 16 2011, 09:01 AM)
Do you guys already have an idea when it will be published?

Behind Moh/Miho's mask?

Heh.

Ha ha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

You do realize the two people you're talking about here? I'm not even sure we could set a lunch time and not be 4 days late.

Serious attempt at answer: No, we really don't, and any attempt to offer one at this point would no doubt be horribly wrong.
mistersaxon
Posted: May 16 2011, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Purveyor of High Class Weaponry

Member No.: 60230

QUOTE (chemi @ May 16 2011, 03:03 PM)
Really all I've been doing is stringing things together, and developing story that gets from Point A to B to C, etc.

That's the best way if you're a storyteller I understand - certainly it's what I do when I'm writing (if you want to grace it with such a grand name smile.gif ).

I read an interview BY Anthony Horowitz WITH Jeffery Archer and apparently JA often doesn't know how books will turn out until he gets there. AH was frankly sceptical that this would work but 330 million books sold says that JA does something right (write?).

Anyway - good luck and keep us posted. And if you get the urge to write "The End Of MegaTokyo" and aren't sure where to go with that you can ask in here biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
Rudbeck
Posted: May 16 2011, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 57270

QUOTE (chemi @ May 16 2011, 12:25 AM)
This is a rough sketch-out of the cover of the Endgames short Fred and I hope to publish at some point this summer; serving as a little taste of what the larger light novels will be like coming later.

Nice-looking cover and very intriguing story topic!

So will these be hard-copy published or posted at Fredart or downloadable?

I suspect you'll have little difficulty in moving these out. There's a high portion of the SD crowd who would love some more detail and exposition on the Endgames saga. Consider my pre-order placed!

Thanks for the update. We'll be waiting....

cool.gif
PMEmail Poster
chemi
Posted: May 16 2011, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Addict
Group Icon

That's not something I really can say at this point in time. The content will likely be printed... eventually, I'm just not sure in conjunction with what or how.
Ray Kremer
Posted: May 17 2011, 01:27 PM
Quote Post

Fanmod #1
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3418

QUOTE (chemi @ May 16 2011, 10:51 AM)
You do realize the two people you're talking about here?  I'm not even sure we could set a lunch time and not be 4 days late.

user posted image

You really are the perfect collaborator for Fred.

QUOTE (Rudbeck @ May 16 2011, 12:54 PM)
So will these be hard-copy published or posted at Fredart or downloadable?

I recall hearing something about doing them as ebooks. Certainly that's the easiest thing to do logistically. Some type of dead tree edition could probably materialize later if it seems worthwhile.

QUOTE (Brimm @ Apr 11 2011, 05:46 PM)
Just thought I'd let you know about one of the fan-doujinshi I'll have available at my table in ACen's artists alley this year!

Since it's this weekend, I suppose we should ask for tips on locating your table.

This post has been edited by Ray Kremer on May 17 2011, 01:30 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
sk0llv4ld3r
Posted: May 18 2011, 07:07 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 69987

QUOTE (chemi @ May 16 2011, 05:51 PM)
Serious attempt at answer: No, we really don't, and any attempt to offer one at this point would no doubt be horribly wrong.

I anticipated that. But patience is good for the karma. tongue.gif

No, honestly any date in the near future would be amazing bearing in mind Fred's current workload. And story arcs for FOUR light novels - that's a lot of frames to draw. Even if Fred would be an octopuss. happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
chemi
Posted: May 18 2011, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (sk0llv4ld3r @ May 18 2011, 07:07 AM)
I anticipated that. But patience is good for the karma. tongue.gif

No, honestly any date in the near future would be amazing bearing in mind Fred's current workload. And story arcs for FOUR light novels - that's a lot of frames to draw. Even if Fred would be an octopuss. happy.gif

Well, for what it's worth, the art load for a light novel isn't nearly as heavy as a full comic book. The current thought is one image for every page, and currently the prose for "Behind the Masque" is a little over 14 pages.

For the larger light novels, the first draft of the first book is roughly 50 pages (the editing and revision process can vary the final size slightly), and I don't anticipate any of the others being much larger or smaller.

tl;dr version: While it's still a fairly large scale project... it's not quite as daunting for him as it would be if he was trying to do it all himself.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) All 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topic