l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Megatokyo Books, Vol 6 out now!
Ray Kremer
Posted: Jul 15 2010, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

Fanmod #1
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3418

Per tradition, a new thread for the release of a new book. This one is so jam packed with comics there wasn't much room for anything by way of extra bonus material. Still, enjoy your offline version MegaTokyo!

MegaTokyo book FAQ

When is Volume 7 due out?
Ask us again when chapter 12 is finished on the website.

Where can I buy the MT books?
Pretty much any place that sells manga. I.e. many common book store chains such as Border's, Barnes and Noble, Waldenbooks, and the online equivalents of those stores. Also Amazon, of course. Probably your local comic shops as well, and most online anime/manga specialty stores. Naturally, they are also available in the MegaGear store along with the T-shirts and such.

Should I buy the books from MegaGear or a book/comic store?
QUOTE (Fred's 874 rant)
I often get asked which is better, to order the book from us at the MegaGear store or buy it at a bookstore or a comic book shop. The answer is simple - if you would like to purchase book 4, please purchase it in whatever way is most convenient for you. Every purchase, no matter where you buy it, helps support Megatokyo. We do profit a tad more from books sold through the MegaGear store, but it is also important that the book do well in bookstores and comic book shops. It makes publishers and retailers happy with Megatokyo -- and that's a good thing.

How many books are there?
The first three volumes of MegaTokyo are published by Dark Horse, and the fourth through sixth are from CMX/DC Comics. You may see mention of the first edition of Volume 1 that was published by IC Entertainment/IronCat. Don't worry about that one, the second edition from Dark Horse is better and has an additional section of sketches from MT's early developmental days.

What strips are covered by the books?
Volume 1 is Chapter 0, or strips [01] to [133].
Volume 2 is Chapters 1 and 2, or strips [134] to [306].
Volume 3 is Chapters 3 and 4, or strips [307] to [525].
Volume 4 is Chapters 5 and 6, or strips [526] to [742].
Volume 5 is Chapters 7 and 8, or strips [743] to [972].
Volume 6 is Chapters 9 and 10, or strips [973] to [1268].
(Guest strips and some of the SGD strips are not included in the books, however.)
All the strips are of course available for reading online.

How can I keep up on the latest MegaTokyo news?
Read Fred's rants. They're in the left column under the comic.

Are the books available in anything other than English?
Yes. They are published in German, Polish, Italian, and Japanese. A French version is pending last I heard. There is also a fan-run translation project on the web.

DarkHorse.com miscellany
MegaTokyo wallpaper taken from book cover art.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Cyrialis
Posted: Jun 25 2011, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 73771

I live in Germany and wanted to ask whether there arte more than 3 Books already avaible..
I Tried to order over quite a few Book shops, but none of them had them Further than Book number 3.... sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
sk0llv4ld3r
Posted: Jun 29 2011, 02:45 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 69987

@crysalis - only the first three books are available in German for the remaining books you have to keep up with English. Actually I never bothered buying the books in German because you loose quite a lot of the humor in the translation. However, there are more comic strips in German on megatokyo.de, I guess until the end of chapter 9 but there wasn't posted a translated strip in years.

So my suggestion - read the original. Positive side effect - you will train your English skills. cool.gif
PMEmail Poster
VampiricGhost
  Posted: Sep 16 2011, 07:23 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 74926

so, umj my nearest bookstore only sells 1-3 i bought 6 biggrin.gif but i havent had a chance to buy 1-5 , um yeah, if i had a credit card i probly buy stuff off the website, but all i have is cash tongue.gif OOOOOOOOOOooooo is it ok if people photoshop color into the pictures?
PMEmail Poster
Ray Kremer
Posted: Sep 18 2011, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Fanmod #1
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3418

QUOTE (VampiricGhost @ Sep 16 2011, 08:23 AM)
is it ok if people photoshop color into the pictures?

Sure, people do it all the time.
VampiricGhost
Posted: Sep 19 2011, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 74926

oh, okay, now i need to figure out how to use photoshop to add color, im not really great at it, only the basics. but i need to have a hobby lol
PMEmail Poster
Nobuyuki
Posted: Oct 14 2011, 01:42 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 5723

PMEmail Poster
sk0llv4ld3r
Posted: Oct 14 2011, 04:10 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 69987

QUOTE (Nobuyuki @ Oct 14 2011, 09:42 AM)
This is new-ish, I think. happy.gif

But it will be published april next year earliest.

Anyhow, one question arises - will the omake be published only in the datapack or also online? unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster
Lilkat
Posted: Oct 14 2011, 05:33 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 47319

Not to be nit-picky, but I thought it was kinda funny that TRSI is offering the book for $13.39. They soooo should have knocked off another two cents at that point, and gone for t3h funny.

-Lilkat

This post has been edited by Lilkat on Oct 14 2011, 05:33 AM
PM
Con
Posted: Oct 14 2011, 04:16 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 58078

LOL! When you're right, you're right. They totally should.

Wow, next April? That's a long time to wait...I wonder what the other 12 pages of content are? o.o
PM
DrunkenSailor
Posted: Apr 9 2014, 02:21 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 48029

According to Amazon my copy of the MegaTokyo Omnibus arrives this Tuesday (April 14, 2014).

Wwooot !!

Anyhow, it comes with 2078 100 x 75 inch full color 3D pages of Original Content plus several thousand more covering books 1 through 7 and continuing to book 13 (yes that's two books past the end of the comic !!!). You'll be able to sneer with confidence at others silly predictions of the future here in the forums. And that's not all. It comes with a Free nuclear powered reading lamp and full length sparkle bunny leather couch with MT star of your choice already reclining on it. All delivered to your door by special MT customized SONY armored black ops blimp (yours to keep) !!

Wait,... you DID... pre-order it right? Oh well, it's still a nice book and absolutely essential to own. Get it or all your friends will laugh at you. No, I mean even worse than they do behind your back.

DS
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
4'33"
Posted: Apr 11 2014, 04:34 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 54054

It came in the mail! Well, UPS anyway, a week before the estimated delivery. Lots more stuff in it than I thought there would be. Just like DS said. Now to get it autographed.
PMEmail Poster
richvh
Posted: Apr 16 2014, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 19795

Somebody ought to change the subtitle on this thread. Can someone summon Ray or Cortana?
PMEmail Poster
Umi_Ryuzuki
Posted: May 16 2017, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 33658

Almost there, ... Stay on target.

wub.gif
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options   Reply to this topicStart new topic