l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What Anime Are You Watching This Quarter?, Q1 2017
omoikane
Posted: Jan 11 2017, 09:58 AM
Quote Post

♪mojimoji shite kimoi ne♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 14

last quarter

What anime/manga/etc are you watching/reading/etc ?

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
DaRk_KnIgHt
Posted: Jan 13 2017, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

blaarghlebleeeergh--

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 3729

Hand Shakers - I thought I knew what I was getting into but clearly I haven't seen how deep the rabbit hole can go yet. Bravo Go Hands. The first few minutes was some of the most nauseous shit shit I've watched ever. It's almost enlightening just how horrible this looks. Sad thing is that it feels like they are trying. Halfway through I questioned just what I was doing with my life, skimmed through the rest of the episode and stopped. Yeah nope.

Masamune-kun - I could live with or without this. There's a lot of stereotypical school anime type stuff that I find tiresome.

Ao no Exorcist - It's like meeting up with some old friends that you never really cared about, otherwise you would have stayed in contact or something.

Kuzu no Honkai - loldrama

Maidragon - Not feeling anything. Having already read the manga doesn't help.

Demi - Not as trashy as I'd thought it'd be from the description. I could roll with this.

Gab - Could be funnier but I'll keep watching.

ACCA - A show that was completely off my radar but I find it pretty interesting.

IBO2 - Takaki's arc was a bit poop, but it's been pretty exciting. At least compared to the first season, so I hope they keep it up for the second half.

Rakugo - Not feeling it as much as the first season, but I guess its about getting used to the new cast.

3-gatsu - I've been enjoying this, but it's somewhat depressing.

LWA - I'm happy with this.
PMEmail Poster
Yl33 D4 N00b
Posted: Jan 29 2017, 02:34 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 77929

Let's see if I can post this before the forums crash again.... tongue.gif

3 Gatsu - I'm really happy that Shaft is continuing the 2 chapters per episode thing. I hope they can do more seasons of this, since the good stuff starts after the current 22 eps. Don't like the new op and ed as much as the Bump originals.

Acca - Liking this show a lot. It's laid back, but very complex.

LWA - Very cartoony, but it's very well done.

Rakugo S2 Started off slow, but it's picking up. Still smells of death, though.

Masamune's Revenge - I have mixed feelings about this show. I like most ofthe interactions, but half the characters in the op haven't even showed up yet.

Gundam IBO - Pathos and death flags. Lots of death flags.

Demi-chan - This is a cute, though the threat of it becoming a harem show with the MC being a thirty-something teacher remains. Hikari is probably my favorite character this season(Though Hina from 3-gatsu is awesome, but her time is not yet.)

Zestria S2 - The pacing this season is much slower, though the animation remains top notch.

Maid Dragon - It's stupid but cute.

Rerwite WTF is this? The only reason I keep watching is that I'm expecting a big payoff, but it hasn't happened yet. If it doesn't, then it's a waste.

Edited to remove all the "reallys" I originally put in there. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Yl33 D4 N00b on Jan 29 2017, 02:39 AM
PMEmail Poster
Mamma Peach
Posted: Feb 3 2017, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 76699

I'm watching now... (following some of the recommendations too)
Naruto Shippuuden
Maid dragon
Demi-chan
Acca
Tales of Zestria X (2nd season)
D.N.Angel
Folktales from Japan (a kids' show, but I like folktales from many places)
PMUsers Website
Nestor
Posted: Feb 3 2017, 05:59 PM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

Member No.: 24897

QUOTE (Mamma Peach @ Feb 3 2017, 09:40 AM)
D.N.Angel

This was some decent stuff if I remember right. It went in some bizarre directions, though.
PMEmail Poster
Nestor
Posted: Feb 8 2017, 10:18 PM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

Rewatched/ Rewatching:
Rinne no Lagrange - Maru~ I actually think this is the first rewatch since it first aired.
Now I know why I didn't bother rewatching it.
Legend of Legendary Heroes - Dear god, the levels of chuuni.

Watching:
Maid Dragon thing - was cute. getting boring.
Konosuba S2 - rough start.
Little Witch Academia - I had hopes for this, but it seems sort of... blah.
PMEmail Poster
Telliamed
Posted: Feb 11 2017, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Delusional Fool

Member No.: 343

Most of the stuff I'm watching now is unremarkable. The best ones are the highly dramatic Rakugo Shinjuu and the impeccably comedic KonoSuba 2.

Maid Dragon isn't bad but what I've seen of the manga looks like a risque gag comedy, where the anime is coming off as a ruminative and wistful. Is it really a faithful adaptation?

And then there's Kemono Friends. AOTS? Well no of course not. But who could have foreseen it being as popular as it is? Definitely a phenomenon you'll want to get in on. Unless you're too churlish to enjoy cute anthropomorphic animals doing cute anthropomorphic animal things.
PMUsers Website
Random Wanderer
Posted: Feb 12 2017, 01:14 AM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

Member No.: 51878

QUOTE (Telliamed @ Feb 11 2017, 06:43 PM)
Maid Dragon isn't bad but what I've seen of the manga looks like a risque gag comedy, where the anime is coming off as a ruminative and wistful. Is it really a faithful adaptation?

Hmm... yes-ish. There's anime-original content, although several times the original content has been the gags, rather than the non-gags. Some other times some of the humor from the original has been cut or altered... eh. Who can say. The emotional contemplative stuff is definitely there in the manga, but the anime may be focusing on it a bit more. Maybe.

They're definitely devoting more attention to Kanna. Apparently someone figured out that audiences react well to adorable things.

And then there's Kemono Friends. AOTS? Well no of course not. But who could have foreseen it being as popular as it is? Definitely a phenomenon you'll want to get in on. Unless you're too churlish to enjoy cute anthropomorphic animals doing cute anthropomorphic animal things.

Looks kind of ugly and doesn't make a good first impression, but get a couple episodes in and what seems to be a post-apocalyptic scenario is emerging from underneath this cutsey park full of anthropomorphic animals.

KonoSuba: It's KonoSuba. More of what made season one pretty great at the time. Although they've got some quality issues, apparently stemming from one of their animation directors.

Urara Meirochou: Cute girls tell each other's futures cutely.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai: May be my favorite series of the season. Slice of life like, but with undertones of deeper implications.

LWA: Hmmmmmmmmm... Akko's kind of a brat, isn't she?

Gabriel Dropout: Vigne is adorable. Enough said.
PMEmail Poster
Mamma Peach
Posted: Feb 20 2017, 11:24 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 76699

Fininshed D.N.Angel, and now am almost finished with Blue Exorcist which I started a little bit before now. (Posting on this forum is difficult at best.) I'm caught up with the newer ones and searching old lists for any good stuff I might have missed. (At least there are some lists to search now.) I run through this stuff way too quickly...
PMUsers Website
Nestor
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 11:42 PM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

Watching
Little Witch Academia - Akko is still obnoxious. We're finally getting some plot.
Attack On Titan S2 - It's YUGE. Just tremendous. They built a great great wall, and they made the Titans pay for it. Simply the best.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options   Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll