l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (40) All « First ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topic

> Megatokyo Campfire Story, Bring your own plot!
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Dec 2 2008, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 40427

Hatsu couldn't sense any killing intent from the Resu formerly known as Katarn, so he rolls his eyes as he pulls Brigid back from the potentially lethal robot. "Gee, Katarn, can't you be a little more melodramatic? Hurry up, we got places to go and End of the World plots to stop." Then Hatsu detects several malicious life-flames around them. Hatsu draws his blades. "Cry, Heartless Angel!!!!" Silver feathers scattered to surround the group. Hatsu tried to set up a barrier, but the three aspects of 'Tom' were faster. Miho and the Z.H. Lacronton had vanished, along with the three enemies. "Damn it!!!!" Then Hatsu sensed that one of his silver feathers appear somewhere else in Tokyo. He could detect something that was made from his spiritual power from a farther distance than he could sense life-flames. How did that get there?
------------------------------------------------
Elsewhere, Miho felt something in pulse in her shoe. Reaching down and pretending to adjust her shoe laces, she felt what felt like a flat metal leaf. She flinched when she felt it's cold, metallic surface. It must be of the Holy Element, then. How did that get there?
------------------------------------------------
Hatsu's eyes turned fiery with wrath as he invoked the power of his gauntlet. "The heartbeat of the Earth is in the pulsing of the ground. Natus Flamme!!!!" The ground beneath Hatsu caved in with a blast of heat and sound. Hatsu took a deep breath, and he 'swam' through the earthquake-weakened ground by use of the extreme temperatures that Natus Flamme could call up, and headed torwards the signal from the feather. Hatsu burst up from the ground, only to find Miho and Yuki (didn't she go home?) squaring off against what looked like a child. Hatsu could see it's similarity to Grimblaze and Tom in it's life-flame, though, and unsheathed Heartless Angel again to fight it. "Scream, Heartless Angel!!!!" Hatsu's blades broke apart into many silver feathers, and reformed into a thin-bladed western style longsword. More silver feathers coalesced behind Hatsu's back. These feathers were at least a foot to two feet long, and hovered behind Hatsu's back in two curved rows, with feathers stretching out behind Hatsu forming each 'wing'. Hatsu points his sword at Kage and says "You have two choices: You are going to give vague hints about your master's plan, then die while laughing maniacally, or you are going to fight me and die while screaming; CHOOSE!!!!!"

This post has been edited by HatsuharuZ on Dec 2 2008, 08:05 PM
PMEmail Poster
B. Katarn
Posted: Dec 2 2008, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 58911

Enam ignored Hatsu's comment and pulled Ryo over to one side. "What the heck happened? You dissappear and then show up alive to help Tom. Then, not long after that you return old... or, um, middle aged looking... with these new things and have given up your name? Explain, then I'll talk."
Enam turned towards his D-Wheel. "I left Tom's employment soon after the part with you. That was just to get me free. I was then confronted by the man I am now, who told me a few details of when I'd go and return and what I'd need to know. I had to leave to make the loop stable and went to the future. The future. Megatokyo is not the same, not even a city anymore really, but I shouldn't say much. Stuff happened, I moved into a new idenity, and, 8 years later, I returned with my spoils. Good enough?"
"And why the name?"
Enam looked at him. "Katarn is gone. Do I really have to go indepth on that?"
Ryo pause for a second, shrugged, then said, "What do you want with me?"
"I want to leave. I've been through too much in this place. I want to do what you do, or rather, disintegrate myself from here and go back to the normal universe. How do you leave?"
"...I don't exactly 'leave,' but I get in or out by a computer. I don't think it'd work for anyone else, though."
Enam was quiet for a while, thinking, then nodded and said, "Fine. Shall we go back to them?"

As they moved to rejoin the group Brigid came over to Enam. "If you changed so quickly, how do I know you aren't a fake? Anyway you can prove you are- ...were Katarn?" He turned to her and smiled for the first time, saying "Pudding." Brigid stopped and looked confused and thoughtful simultaniously, then shrugged and followed. Teddy had returned, and yelled "I got the food! Anyone want..." He noticed Enam. "HEY! YOU!!! YOU HIT ME!!!"
PMEmail Poster
Ryo0955
Posted: Dec 2 2008, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 61334

A rather suspicious-sounding melody had started playing as soon as Enam Resu had come into the little crowd. He was rather weary of him when he first appeared, because he thought that maybe he was another of Tom's cronies.

Then he saw the blades.

Those were the ones… wait, no…

Later…

So he's Katarn from the future or something?

When Resu looked aggressive, he hid behind a local trash can, replicating what Largo had done way back in Chapter 1. Snap… Snap… Snap… Snap… Snap…

When Resu had come over to talk to him, the fellow still felt a little nervous around him. He decided to take off his backpack and leave himself open to show that he was on speaking terms.

He was thinking, and he decided to ask a simple, yet really, really touchy question.

Touchy, but it may be the answer I need.

He looked at Enam with the most serious face he could muster (and one could tell he didn't have much experience), and spoke in the clearest voice he could manage:

"OK, Enam, I want you to think back, and I need you to answer as honestly as you possibly can, given your resources. Did you ever have any sort of identity before B. Katarn? Were you ever just a normal kid, a normal 16-or-18-year-old or whatever age you were, with no swords, no powers, no nada? Were you ever someone normal who just wanted to have a good time at the Megatokyo Forums? Were you ever a normal person, with a normal life, and a normal family, yet with extraordinary dreams, that somehow got fulfilled by another entity?"

"In short, were you ever a normal human being living in the real world??"

This post has been edited by Ryo0955 on Dec 2 2008, 09:52 PM
PMUsers Website
Ryo0955
Posted: Dec 2 2008, 09:51 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 61334

(OOC: Double post (annoying dial-up!), taking advantage)

Meanwhile, Piro, Largo, Erika, and Kimiko were having a rather normal dinner, which, given their situation, consisted of bento boxes.

All of a sudden, they all got this wierd feeling…

"Did you feel that?" asked Erika.

The others nodded.

They weren't sure what to do, but they knew that they needed to do something…

Largo used a random cell phone he found, and asked for Junko's number. He needed to get his class assembled, NOW. There was no other way.

He thought that this trial would serve well as their final exam…

Erika was getting a number of weapons from the back room, and she found them all to be real and actually working. Something's not right…

Piro and Kimiko didn't know what to do, but then, they decided to give the store a quick clean-up and pack whatever stuff they could carry (for some reason, the boss took the week off. Maybe he saw this coming…).

This post has been edited by Ryo0955 on Dec 2 2008, 09:59 PM
PMUsers Website
Lacronton
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 01:09 AM
Quote Post

404 Error (Not) Found

Member No.: 62150

~~~WARNING!! MASSIVE OMGWTF-WALL-O-TEXT AHEAD!!~~~

----------------
Boringly, Lacronton caught the first strike from the scythe with his hand, the blade cutting deep into it. White fire roared down the weapon, destroying it as it leapt down the haft toward the Deathwalker. Releasing the now ruined scythe, Charon leapt back, reappraising the Hunter.

"A Deathwalker heh?" asked Lacronton, clenching his fist, it's wound already gone. "I used to come here back in my home universe and whack the lot of ya just for kicks." Stretching his arms out to either side, white glyphs lit up in the air around them, then two translucent swords appeared in his hands, one black, the other white. Both dripped with a flame the opposite color of the blade they enveloped. As some of the ever-burning flame fell from the swords, the spirits of the dead seemed to shriek and flee from it.

"Meet my Fuocoanima blades, Vita and Morte. They're my partners in the quest to keep the dance of life and death going on forever.” Crossing the burning swords before him, he then eyed Charon, far more focused than he had been for awhile. “Katarn said that by comparison the demons and angels here are stronger than those from my realm.

Licking the flames from both blades, he grinned. "Don't disappoint me."

----------------

The Battlemagi watched the creature come at him and stood his ground. Quezacotl grunted in surprise when he flew thru the magi as if he was a ghost. Turning, he found the magi was now reading from a book. “Don’t mind me, I just need to redo my spells.’ he said, turning a page. “I failed to act when you first pulled me here, an insult to my Order.”

Hissing, the serpent struck again, and again and again.. Lacronton continued to read, merely phasing from one side to the other, sometimes just phasing. Closing his book suddenly, he teleported away from Quezacotl. “I don’t have time to deal with gods from a dead culture today. But I do know someone who very much wants a word with you.” Stomping his foot while clapping his hands together, the magi caused a great waterway to appear before them. Upon the water was a raft, it’s construction that of seething serpents. It’s lone passenger, a heavily muscular man with the head of a jaguar, looked at the two in surprise, then recognized Quezacotl. “Brother, how I’ve longed to slay you again.“ growled Tezcatlipoca, his jaguar eyes narrowing to slits. Leaping from the raft to the shore, he drew forth a black blade from which smoke continuously billowed. Landing, he stood up on his feet, one of flesh, the other of gold. “Let us now end this, here and now!!!” With a roar, Tezcatlipoca struck Quezacotl, who guarded every blow while angrily glaring sideways at a departing Lacronton the Battlemagi.

Grinning, he replied to the unvoiced snarl of distaste. “I would of fought you, but being as it’s the War of Gods, I felt it wasn’t my place, not did I want you to miss out.” Turning from the god battle, he begun to speed back to earth at the speed of darkness. ‘That beast had partially succeeded though,’ he thought sadly, ’I will not be able to lend aid to either side in this conflict now. Given the distance from here to there, I may arrive just in time for the final curtain fall.’ he thought, as galaxies and star systems flew past him.

And as he sped there, he made a mental note to himself. To actually attend and learn something from the Order’s Magic School of Long Distance Travel. If he survived this cycle of Ragnorok…

----------------

Lacronton blinked then shook his head. Both his doubles had been taken within a second of one another, along with two others. Of the two trackers he had planted on his doubles when he first met them, he could only detect the one on the Hunter. The other one was either destroyed or too far away to locate. Looking back at the group, he made his decision. And then merged with the roof and disappeared.

-----

The ground before Enam suddenly rippled and Lacronton rose up out of it. Far faster than any of the humans could see, he had him by the collar. R.E.G.I.S., on the other hand, was tightly restrained by several doc-oct arms that had erupted from the ground.

Pulling Enam close, he allowed himself to slow down to their temporal speed. He then heard the gasps of dismay from the group and the angry sounds of the cycle droid. Looking into Enam’s now shock instilled eyes, Lacronton allowed his own to glow their usual deadly red.

“I have but one question for you. Your continued existence depends on the answer I receive from you.” he snarled, his restraint at this point close to it’s limits. “Three where just taken from us, along with one that stood with me simply watching. Having distracted us, I hold you responsible for this. What part did you just play in their abduction just now? “

---note Only the Battlemagi knew of the connection between all of Grimblaze’s chars. He hadn’t told his doubles just yet.
PMEmail Poster
Grimblaze
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

Member No.: 65047

Hel glared at Jin, pulling the whip back to herself as the legion who had tried to retstrain Jin surfaced. "Who do you think you are talking to mortal? You speak of no disrespect and then demand I tell a mortal my name?" Spitting on the ground Hel raised the whip's handle into the air a circle of flames erupting up around them. The legion that had risen moved toward Jin axes ready to strike as Hel watched the man there and waited for a moment to strike.

Kage smiled at Hatsu after he summoned his holy spirit and then closed his eyes. "It won't work against me, you will need something much more efficient." White wings emerged from Gabriel's back as he moved forward in his childish form and smirked at Hatsu. "I choose option three, you will walk away and leave these two to me. Or I will make you leave. The scales of justice are tipped in my favor since I am the judge, jury, and executioner in this trial and as such I can simply. EXPEL." At that last word a flurry of white feathers wrapped around Hatsu rendering him blind before he was launched backwards from where he stood before collapsing in the field by the others.

Quezacotl battled against his nemesis but smirked as he raised his sword to strike the other god. A spell that had been taught to him by Baldur came to mind which he uttered slowly, there seemed to be some problems in the pairing they had planned so they should change them. A white mist rose up around both Charon and Quezacotl as they were dragged to where the other had stood. Raising his scythe Charon moved away from the Jaguar-headed god the spirits of the deceased rising from the ground and wrapping the god in soul-binding chains. Moving through the air at this time the boatman for the river Styx appeared before the Battlemagi before long and swung the scythe for the man's head.

Meanwhile Quezacotl appeared on the banks of the river styx his black flame sword still held in hand. The hunter looked shocked at this sudden change between the two before the god of death moved down upon the hunter the blade held high over his head he swung down as the flames flared and the flames of death swelled upon contact with the ground at the bottom of the swing.
PMEmail PosterMSN
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Hatsu slammed into the ground with a huge *CRACK*. As he stared up into the sky, he thought: He did that on purpose, that &%$#. Then he blacked out. Brigid rushed over to him in order to check his pulse. "Help!!! He's not breathing!!!"
But what Brigid couldn't see was that Hatsu's Chain of Fate, which connects a mortal soul to it's body, had not yet been cut. Indeed, it led off to... somewhere else....
-------------------------
(Warning: Wall of Text to Follow.)
Hatsu was wandering through what seemed to be a perpetual volcanic plain. He didn't notice, in his despair, the chain that led from his chest to... elsewhere.A gout of lava splashed against him, and quickly cooled against his shoulder. Hatsu said to himself "This must be my personal Hell. None of my cosplay outfits would survive a day here, and there is no one to dress..."

"Ummm.... Hatsuharu...." Spoke a voice from the direction of Hatsu's left hand. "Oh, now I'm starting to hear things... Geez..." Hatsu said to himself. Hatsu's left hand suddenly warmed dangerously.
"YOU AREN'T DEAD, YOU DEPRESSING IDIOT!!!!!!!" Yelled Natus Flamme. Hatsu suddenly noticed the gauntlet on his left hand. "I'm not? Hey, Natus, what did you do to deserve this place?" The gem that made up the core of Hatsu's gauntlet pulsed. "This isn't Hell. We're in Muspelheim."
"But I thought I heard my bones break from that fall!" "That's true, but I was able keep your Chain of Fate from breaking by increasing your metabolism to heal you faster. I couldn't stop your spirit from traveling to a higher plane, though. Now you have to find your way back. Being bonded to you, I can't do much more than this by myself. You need to absorb some spiritual energy, alot of it, and channel it into me. Then I should be able to drag you back. Lets hope someone can take care of your body until then. For now, try to avoid the Fire Giants. Especially their leader, Surtr. He's the one with the sword as bright as the sun." "Alright." Hatsu looked down to find Heartless Angel still in it's sheathes at his waist. Ah, of course, it is an extension of my soul, after all.
Hatsu closes his eyes, and begins to try and absorb energy from the enviroment around him like he did when he uses his Bankai.... and suddenly feels a gaze fall upon him. Not now!! He opens his eyes to find himself surrounded by what he assumed were the fire giants. They were all at least three times as tall as Hatsu, had bodies of god-like proportions (especially the women) and were wreathed in flame. Hatsu felt as if he were in a forest fire, and all the trees were staring at him accusingly. Then one stepped forward, and the ground trembled. It was 5 times as tall as Hatsu, and was as dark as a starless night. In it's hand it carried a bright sword that made Hatsu squint his eyes and look away. "The Last Battle is almost upon us, mortal. Do you seek to meet your end so quickly?" Surtr spoke with a rumble like thunder. Hatsu stared up into it's eyes. "I don't have a deathwish, unlike all of you so-called 'Gods'! I want to live, and I'm tired of @##$s like you telling me the world is going to end! I WILL NOT ALLOW IT!!!" Surtr laughed at this, and slapped Hatsu with the flat of his sword, sending him flying across the field. Thankfully, Hatsu was still shielded by Natus Flamme, and wasn't roasted instantly by the flames. Surtr strode over to look down at Hatsu. He sighed with resignation. "No one can stop the last battle. Everything dies, mortal." Surtr raised his blade in order to smite Hatsu. On the ground, Hatsu spat blood from his mouth and stared into the eyes of his killer. "DO YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE THE END THAT BADLY?!" Surtr's molten lava eyes widened in shock for the first time, ever. He lowered his blade to his side, sparing Hatsu.
"No, I don't."
Surtr stared down at Hatsu silently for many minutes, then kneeled down to look more closely at him. The Lord of the Fire Giants stared at his sword, his symbol of authority, and then laid it down in front of Hatsu. "Take it, mortal. You will need it more than I." All of the fire giants watching the confrontation stared at Hatsu as he crawled over to the blade and touched the hilt. The blade shrank to fit Hatsu's hand, and as soon as it did, Surtr's body crumbled into a large pile of black rock. Hatsu cried out in agony as the power and some memories of the great fire giant rushed into him. 'Tom' was actually Baldur?! Hatsu quickly grabbed that Chain of Fate that was still attached to him and channeled his energy into Natus Flamme.
-------------------------------------------------
In the real world, Hatsu's eyes now pupil-less lava-colored eyes opened, and the Chain of Fate phased back into his body. Hatsu sat up, and was wreathed in flames. He drew in a breath to shout "BALDUUURRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!" his cry echoed across the dimensions and floored everyone near him....

Hatsu blinked, the flames receded, and his eyes returned to normal. Hatsu examined himself, and found that he was fully healed. Had Ser worked her magic? Hatsu finally looked around at the destruction around him "What happened while I was gone?"

At his left hand, Natus Flamme was silent. Natus, only slightly older than the universe itself, had never before heard of an Elder Elemental such as Surtr giving his life and power to a mortal, and he wasn't sure what it would do to Hatsuharu...

This post has been edited by HatsuharuZ on Dec 3 2008, 12:17 PM
PMEmail Poster
B. Katarn
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Enam back at glared at Lacrontron, uttering angily, "I just need to ask Ryo something. I only came to see him because they were about to move out. I don't care what Tom is planning now, because gods and Ragnarok and this place don't matter to me. You, on the other hand, do. and, apparently, you underestimate R.E.G.I.S.

"R.E.G.I.S., Absorb!" The black machine became a bit less solid, letting the arms pressure work against them as they sunk inward a bit and were quickly surrounded, ripped off, and added to the bot, which showed only a physical change of growing in size. "Don't make me use him against you. You have little chance to stop him unprepared for his abilities. Just leave me to my ways and I won't disturb yours or get in the way."
PMEmail Poster
Jindra34
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 62829

Ser smiled at Enam's arrogance as she shifted the her arrow to her left hand. Then with her right hand circling over her head she said, "Those like me, who listen to fates voice and heed the its loom, are rarely unprepared. By the day's last rays of light I call forth chains ephemeral to bind your beast where it stands. Twilight's Imprisonment!" at which point she pointed at R.E.GI.S. and watched as translucent yellow chains erupted from the ground and wrapped around the robot until it looked like it was in a yellow cocoon. Then turning to Enam she knocked the arrow and drew the bow adding, "Even if your attack robot can break free I doubt it can get between the two of us before this arrow of light would kill you. So your staying until this turning point in time is over, primarily because we cannot be sure Ryo could return in time. I must ask what is it that you fear so much that you would leave this place? Is it the fact that you may again make things worse? Is it that you fear you may never find a place to belong? Or is it that your afraid you may ended up liking this place to the point where you never want to return?"

Jin smirked at the legion that Hel had called up and simply incanted, "By the powers that be i call for the strength, Earth spikes." As he finished the last word stone spikes shot up out of the ground and either impaled or immobilized the entire legion, though it left a space open around Hel. Jin then stood up and said, "I am Jin, transcendent, swordsman of gales, claiment of the principle shards know as voice of beginnings and voice of ends, my station is that of the keeper of the balance of mortals and immortals, and furthermore I am the last knight axial embodiment of the full potential of mortals. Now I ask again who is it that I address? Who is it that demands my respect?"
[ooc:Hatsu: Natus Flamme is actually slightly older than the universe]

This post has been edited by Jindra34 on Dec 3 2008, 12:12 PM
PMEmail Poster
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Hatsu had felt this feeling before. He felt it when he first claimed Natus Flamme. It was the exultant yet painful feeling you get when you eat too much good food at Thanksgiving, and feel the need to lie down after eating too much. The fact that he had 'absorbed' Surtr simply meant that he felt kind of warm and slightly depressed as well. Wierd. What he learned from Surtr simply told him the true identity of his enemy, and that he had just taken a bite out of the Ragnarok legend, as well. He knew that Surtr's sword gave him a massive power boost as far as he could tell, and command over the fire giants, but they wouldn't be much help, unless Hatsu wanted to set fire to all of existance. Not much help, there. Hatsu checked his equipment, and found that his twin blades, collectively named Heartless Angel, had changed. The 2 and a half foot length hadn't changed. Instead of having an edge on one side, his swords now had two edges, and had lost the distinctive curve of japanese katanas. They now looked like a mix between western short swords and an ancient style of japanese sword that the katana had replaced. The white and silver color-scheme hadn't changed, but the blades looked like Damascus steel now, except that they had red swirls of impurities in the blade, instead of blue. Hatsu moaned softly. "Heartless, what happened to you?" Hatsu put away his swords, and struggled to get up. He looked over to where the others were still standing, arguing with Resu-Katarn, and starts to walk over. Hatsu didn't have any hatred torward him, and really hoped that they wouldn't start fighting...
PMEmail Poster
Grimblaze
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

Hel looked at Jin coldly her whip held at her side, she seemed about to make a comment when her attention turned to something else and vanishing from the circle of fire she headed back the direct she had come from. A rumbling began to shake all of Megatokyo 2 as a hammer abandoned on the roof of a building glowed with the brightness of the sun. These shadows were cast into the portal it sat under shattering the framework and allowing the massive beasts inside to move into this realm. The elder gods in all of their horrific appearance moved through the city which finally alerted the gods who had not yet realized what was happening. Those who feasted in asgard, those who sat on olympus, those who remained hidden in long dead temples, and the eleven who remained of the zodiac all became aware in that second of the slowing of the wheel of time.

The squirrel had been chittering away at those arguing with Enam for a while and finally bit Ryo on the leg angrily before moving away. A horrific beast of tentacles moved toward them from the opposite direction into the park at that time, and a crack in reality leading to the place that dead worlds went to appeared over 7 inconspicous gems lying in a dead end alley.

The two magical girls still bound in the world of fog with gabriel did not experience any of the events though, they watched as the small being walked in front of them a sword inscribed with divine runes held in his hand. "You see, our little game is if either of you can escape actually. You have as much time as you want, and you win if you do not escape. Its simple really, I am to keep you here and you will live if you comply. That is such a crude way of saying it though so I thought you might like it better if I called it a game." Kage turned to them and smiled coldly his divine sword piercing into the ground before him.
PMEmail PosterMSN
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Miho couldn't believe that Hatsu had been pwned so easily. Then again, she thought, fools always rush in first. Yuki, after the initial shock of being kidnapped, broke through her fear, and grabbed on to Miho. She teleported away, only to land 5 feet away from where she started. The little angel simply smiled at the attempt. "This space is under my control. You can't escape that way."

Miho thought about what that thing had said to Hatsu, and what it had just said to Yuki. Miho kept her face perfectly blank as she reached behind her and under her skirt and pulled out the ceremonial dagger she always kept on her person. She quickly traced a circle around herself and Yuki. 'Gabriel' just watched with amusement. "That won't protect you from me. Not for long."

Miho pricked her finger with the knife and touched the blood to the circle, then with an effort of will forced the sacred circle closed. A purple column of magical energy came into existance, enclosing the circle Miho had carved. Miho looked at the brat with the sword and smiled. "A true sacred circle, such as the one a witch like myself can create, is a world of it's own in which the most powerful spells can be created without the interference of something as trivial as reality. This space is under my control." Miho grabbed Yuki, and the two teleported away to safety, leaving an enraged Kage behind.
----------------------------------------

Hatsu walked over to where Ser and Resu were arguing. He snapped his fingers in between the combatants, and a ball of flame appeared between them. Hatsu smiled benignly, but the heat that eminated from him bespoke of his supressed rage, and everyone near could feel it. "Okay everyone, here's an idea. R. Katarn and Ryo can have their chat while Katarn escorts Ryo to wherever the squirrel is going. The rest of us can defend ourselves from that huge tentacled monster that is about to pounce. Sound good?" The monster that Hatsu mentioned took that moment to pounce.
PMEmail Poster
Grimblaze
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

Gabriel calmed himself quickly enough and touching the divine sword embedded in the ground he focused. "SEEK." Hundreds of threads of energy pierced through the ground from the sword in every direction and moved through the city in mere seconds, once they had found the two Gabriel smiled and vanished in an instant and appeared before the two magical girls. His wings outstretched he pointed the divine sword at Miho before stating a word of power again. "SEAL." Miho found her voicebox and magical essence locked in the next instant as Kage landed before them the fog-barrier appearing again to seal them in his realm again. "You are a witch as you said, that means you are subject to the laws I govern. All impure souls shall be vanquished." Moving forward toward Miho Gabriel lifted the blade which became surrounded by a holy flame. "I judge thee guilty of witchcraft in the highest degree. In the name of god, Impure souls shall be vanquished." A maniacal smile coated Kage's face as he moved the sword down toward Miho, the blade passing through her but as it left her body it dragged with it a purple essence which was consumed in the divine light of the sword. Miho gasped for air as she fell to her knees in shock. Yuki stood next to her unsure about what was going on because of the english they had both been speaking.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Brigid
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 63363

Too much was happening all at once, and Hatsu... what the heck did he do? Or go? And Lacrontron appearing out of the ground, and threats to people's lives, and Katarn going all middle aged, and...

"STOP!" Bachi transformed into her larger metalic form as Brigid swung at the nearest safe target. Which happened to be Katarn/Enam. The shock wave pretty much sent everyone to the ground, though.

"We can't be wasting time with riddles and death threats right now. The world is going to come to an end if we don't do something right now!"

The squirrel, frustrated that no one was paying any attention to him, scampered up Brigid's clothing to sit on her head. He chattered in a manner closely matching Brigid's tirade.

"You have scores to settle, fine. Settle them *after* we save the world. For now turn down the testosterone and FOCUS!"

Brigid stomped off in the direction the squirrel had originally indicated. Flicking his tail, the squirrel jumped down and hopped a few steps ahead of her.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Jindra34
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Ser paused for a second and calmed down, then half-order, "Flame, Retribution relay. Hatsu, Brigid handle organization. I'll scout and Jin will trouble shoot." She then manifested her gossamer wings and took to the sky, where she started mentally tracing a picture of the city with big white blots for the horrors and various other colored dots for various people.

Jin immediately started heading for the nearest blip as he pulled forth Sealbreaker and yelled, "Sealbreaker unbind, unchain, and unseal let my nature shine!" which was followed by a glassy liquid flowing over him and then hardening into something like armor. He then manifested Oblivion's Edge and chuckled a little, if this is how things began then maybe it wasn't so bad after all he thought.
PMEmail Poster
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Hatsu pointed a thought at Ser, signaling his assent. "Battle Stations, Everyone!!!" Natus Flamme blazed as Hatsu spoke one of the few incantations he needed. "Burst from within, Natus Flamme!" Now to get rid of the immediate problem. Hatsu snapped his fingers, and the tentacled monster charging at the group burst into flames, and emitted an unearthly scream of pain. Hatsu drew his blades as well. "Cry, Heartless Angel." He wondered if it still worked properly. A large barrier of light surrounded the the central portion of the park, and the group. Yep, it worked. He then used Natus Flamme to connect the barrier with the lava that flowed beneath Japan in order to use fire energy which is abundant in a volcanic island as a power source. Eco-friendly power!

Hatsu saw the dot map from Ser in his mind. Useful! Now I can quickly rescue Miho and Yuki. Hatsu believed that those who had been kidnapped were still alive. Why had they been kidnapped though? Why hadn't anyone else been kidnapped?
Hatsuharu wanted a rematch with that kid who had teleported him. People who teleport their opponents without a fight need to be taught some manners. The fake angel would pay. Hatsu ran torward the purple dot on the map. He had discovered that Natus Flamme could increase his physical abilities, and Miho wasn't that far away.

This post has been edited by HatsuharuZ on Dec 3 2008, 08:15 PM
PMEmail Poster
B. Katarn
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Enam agreed in his head with Brigid. Way too much happening. Just another sign of the instability. As he used to confusion to inchant his escape and run over to R.E.G.I.S., he thought about what Ser said-
QUOTE (Jindra34 @ Dec 3 2008, 01:57 PM)
"I must ask what is it that you fear so much that you would leave this place? Is it the fact that you may again make things worse? Is it that you fear you may never find a place to belong? Or is it that your afraid you may ended up liking this place to the point where you never want to return?"
She's wrong about "fear." This place is too many bad memories and no one is ever going to really trust me anyway. Hell, they probably shouldn't anyway for their own safety. I was already in a low point before I left for the future, but it did have a few influences to this feeling. Brigid's family tree might have been one factor, but I'm thankful I found that early after arriving. Heh.

Reaching R.E.G.I.S., he unbinded him and waited for a short bit for him to recharge. His thoughts turned to Ryo's comment-
QUOTE (Ryo0955 @ Dec 2 2008, 11:47 PM)
"Okay, Enam, I want you to think back, and I need you to answer as honestly as you possibly can, given your resources. Did you ever have any sort of identity before B. Katarn? Were you ever just a normal kid, a normal 16-or-18-year-old or whatever age you were, with no swords, no powers, no nada? Were you ever someone normal who just wanted to have a good time at the Megatokyo Forums? Were you ever a normal person, with a normal life, and a normal family, yet with extraordinary dreams, that somehow got fulfilled by another entity?"

"In short, were you ever a normal human being living in the real world??"
A grin spread across his face just at the thought of those words. You truely are perceptive, Ryo. I was once a real world human until the integration. I started after picking up books 1-3 for a trip, liked them enough to buy book 4 not long after arriving, and folowed SD for a month before joining. I just wanted to be an SDer, but Fanworks sucked me in and I became to close to it. I may have missed most of the Chicago battle, but I became close here at the wrong time. And, you're right, B. Katarn was not my first identity, but, even thought, I'd rather not go there. And extrodinary dreams? Maybe I thought this was my way to fufill those that I thought I had, but times and dreams change.

Ordering R.E.G.I.S. back to the bike and following after it, he mounted. Activating the duel mode (normal style for non-riding), he shouted "Fulcio Visio Praesentia!" and played 3 Marshmallons to defend him. With this, I have 3 immortal defenders that have materialized into existance. I'll wait until the storm passes.
PMEmail Poster
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Miho wanted to scream in agony, but she couldn't even let out a whimper. She could breath with some effort, but she couldn't move yet. She stared blearily at her captor. Her theory was that this guy imposed moral 'laws' on this space they were in by using words. This place must react to voice commands. On top of that, he used his sword as an 'antenna' to divert magical energy, including her own, which had been ripped from her body. Miho also knew that you didn't have to be 'Good' to use Holy Element magic, you just had to be completely certain that you are doing the 'right thing'. You had to be a zealot, in other words. Damn, If Yuki could steal that sword and use it... no, that girl could steal it easily, but she didn't have the will to use a weapon. We're screwed.

At that moment, Hatsu entered the misty space which contained 'Gabriel', Yuki, and Miho. Miho watched as Hatsu burst in, his eyes pupil-less, and glowing like molten lava. Hatsu, get away you idiot!!!!! "EXP..." Gabriel started to speak, but all that came out of his mouth was black smoke, as if someone had lit a fire in his throat. He dropped his sword, and began coughing profusely. Hatsu spoke: "This time, I'm not going to let you make a sound." What is Hatsu doing, Miho thought.
Hatsu continued. "What kind of angel are you, anyway? Real angels don't kidnap teenage girls!" Gabriel flinched at this,and his skin visibly cracked in many places. "You are just an aspect of some former diety who, I might add, has nothing to do with Christianity, Judaism, or Islam!" Gabriel's wings visibly wilted. Dammit, Hatsu, stop lecturing, Miho thought. "Also, who do you think you are, proclaiming that 'I am Judge, Jury, and Executioner'? You're too young to even VOTE, much less be a Judge, or serve on a Jury!" At this, Gabriel and his sword turned to dust and the mist cleared. Miho found herself in Tokyo again, with Yuki and Hatsu looking around in confusion. "What happened? I didn't even touch him." Hatsu said. Miho felt a chill down her spine. I can't believe it, Miho thought, he just defeated that guy on accident?! Then Miho finally succumbed to exhaustion.
-----------------------
When she woke up, Miho found herself in bed at Yuki's house, with her teacher, Meimi sitting next to her.

PMEmail Poster
Grimblaze
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

White Rabbit of Chaos

As a feather that remained from Gabriel's wing fell to the ground it hit the earth causing another large earthquake to shake tokyo. The fallen elder gods reformed at that second and the rift above the seven gems grew in size. Tom sat in the nethersphere as Fenrir watched him spit out more blood after another fit of coughs. A smile spread across his now cracking lips as Baldur drew a second line in the earth before him, his teeth dyed red from blood as he looked up. "Each of us is bound to this wheel and each plays a part in the end Fenrir. The pieces move to their places as we speak, the sacrifices necessary are made for the end. Its sad how mortals seem to forget that all gods are bound to each other even if seperated by the mortals themselves." Looking at the sword bound to his heart Tom smiled sadly, the time was coming for the finale and the lullabye was winding down. "Two more... two more and the rift will be complete. Asgard, Olympus, and the others will move soon. Its too late though, because this destiny can not be changed even for a god, everything must die in it's own time..."

On the banks of the river styx Quezacotl and the hunter continued to fight, their swords would slash through each other but never fatally. With a grin once he felt the hunter was weak enough Quezacotl wrapped his tail around the hunter and with a single movement thrust himself and dragged the hunter with him into the river of death. A place that even a god might meet his end. As the last of the winged serpent submerged beneath the cold waters a pulse extended in the realm of the dead which caused a shattering of the walls of reality in the real world. A rift that was forming cracked further revealing a sepia colored world through a small hole.

Charon and the battlemagi stood face to face as Charon moved his scythe to sever the head of the magi. Using his magic though Charon was forced to miss the magi, but his scythe caught on something else, tearing apart the fabric of space that he had pierced a black hole was formed which quickly pulled both of them into a compact sphere of non-existence. Thus was Charon the boatman of the river styx silenced along with a battlemagi who did not belong here anyway.

The squirrel had led Ryo to an alley where the seven emeralds lay on the ground at the end, glowing brighter as Ryo approached suspicious of these items he dared not to pick them up. He noticed the rift forming above the emeralds at that time but as soon as he was about to wonder what it was a final earthquake formed from the death of Charon causing Ryo to stumble onto the 7 emeralds. A black energy surged up from them which shattered the area around the rift and at that time all of the storytellers found themselves in a sepia colored Tokyo. In the center of the city a massive tree was growing and a light came from there, no elder gods, no zombies, no living creatures besides those who were storytellers stood in this realm. Moving toward the tree because it was the only place that they seemed to be able to go they slowly encountered one another; Teddy, Brigid, Enam Resu Katarn, Ryo, Ser and Jin, Hatsu, and Lacronton.

By a massive wolf chained to the massive tree sat Tom a smile on his face and a blade before him he merely looked at them at this time to judge what reaction they would have. He said only one thing when they arrived, "You're late."
PMEmail PosterMSN
Lacronton
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

404 Error (Not) Found

Member No.: 62150

The waters ot the Styx fell silent, the air hung stangnetly still as well, then, a white flame that was slowly burning back on the battlefield flared once, then grew in size. It then took humanoid form, and Lacronton stood there once more, staring at the River Styx, unable to comprehend what had just occoured.

"Never, have I faced such enemies, my equals in almost every way." he said alouded to none. Holding both blades before him in salute to the one who had fallen in his attempt to kill him as well, then then spoke a phrase "Dinner is served on a silver platter." A interdimensinal device appeared before him, just as Katarn had promised.

"I accept this 'defeat' and shall honor your final wish. I will depart from this plane and return to it nevermore." With that oath spoken, he activated the device, and returned to his home realm, never to be seen again.

(OOC: In other words, he's out for good. In this story anyways...)

-------------

'Blast it all to the nine hells and the seven heavens!' he thought, as he was pulled into the rift. 'Of all the ways to die, that fool could of at least picked one I haven't had before.' Chanting quickly, his soul left his body, allowing the vessel to be swallowed up by the rift. Then, in a form that none could touch him in, he continued his journey. It would now take longer, and he was unable to see his surroundings, but the beacon he had planeted shone brightly befoer his 'eyes'. For that he sped toward...

--30,000 years later--
In a buried bunker on the darkside of earth's moon, a clay doll sat on the floor. It had been there a long time, and the pressure of the centuries had taken their toll on the old moon base. Then, a crack echoed within the room, then another, and a another. The clay doll burst apart in a blaze of light, and Lacronton the Battlemagi stood again in the realm of the living. Not feeling the chill of the room despit his lack of attire, he thought for amoment: To go topside and see what had happened to the Earth or not to. He could also use his powers to return to the time he had been taken unwillingly away. But both options were beyond his abilities, having expended a vast about of his considerable powers to even arrive here.

'No, I will not risk it.' he though, using alittle of his remaining power to recreate his long lost belongings and clothes. Clearing his thoat, he the spoke: "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain." With a slight pop, an ancient looking control panel appeared. Dust and grime covered it, as well did several strange looking bugs. Brushing them aside, he cast a restoration spell on it, restoring it to new. Pressing a button, he found himself back in his study, a mere monemt after Katarn had hired him for that cross-dimensonal jump. "I see, he was kind enough to set these to return us to the time we left." With a sigh, he sank into his chair, very much tired from his cross-universe travel. Then he cursed himself and rose up. 7pm was the deadline for the next class signups and it was 5:50. "'A promise made is a debt unpaid'" Lacronton muttered, taking his staff and walking out. "Damn self-notes, I never can forget them, nor not fulfill them..."

(OOC: and he's back home as well, not to return again either. here that is...)

----------

Lacronton, stared at the retreating form of Enam, ignoring the battles taking place around him. 'There was another just like me' he thought, as the sun sank into the horzison and night fell. 'yet it is under the control of that person.' He then turned and strod toward the elder gods. looking them over he smiled whimsicaly. Cthulhu was not amonst them, which ment that if he assorbed them... Lacronton stoped and frowned. No, there was no guarentee that he wouldn't go mad again, even thought he had survived asorbing one before.

Then, he felt it, the Hunter's tracker winking out. 'So, he had known of it' he tought, reviewing it's log. 'Interesting, his entire self is of white flames. So long as there is but a spark still burning, he is immortal. And his honor knows no bounds, even toward his foes.' He smiled...but only for a moment, there was an additional file, but it shouldn't be there. Accessing it, he learned of what had happened to his magi double, up to the trading-of-dancing partners moment. 'Him as well, should of known. They are 'me' after all.'

Now armed with new information, he turned himself back to what was unfolding before him. He and the others had been gathered underneath a giant tree. He looked at each one of the others then a the person before him. 'Something is not right here' he thought 'best to 'lurk' and find out.'
PMEmail Poster
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Hatsu looked around him, and saw the great tree before him. He frowned slightly as he realized he had been pulled into another dimension. "Gee, Baldur, how about a written invitation next time? rolleyes.gif " Hatsu's eyes revert to their fiery, pupil-less state, and the shining blade of Surtr manifests in his left hand. Then Hatsu begins the ancient pre-fight ritual known as 'trash talking'. "So, What does the patron diety of bishies and mama's boys want with us?" The song from the opening of 'Final Fantasy VIII' begins to play as he stares down Baldur....

This post has been edited by HatsuharuZ on Dec 4 2008, 09:42 AM
PMEmail Poster
Brigid
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 63363

((Um. Where am I right now? An I with Ryo facing down the oversized wolf? With Hatsu on his flame-powered rampage across dimentions? Or someplace else?))
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Jindra34
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 10:32 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Jin paused for a moment, then muttered, "After all this, all the battles, all the heros, all the tales of glory, this is how it comes to an end? by the hand of one deranged fallen god?" Jin then looked up and shook his head vigorously enough that his sunglasses fell off revealing eyes that cycled through the colors. Then he yelled, "No this shall not be how it ends. By all the powers that be I shall not allow this event to come to pass, no matter what the personal cost. I ask only that this, my last act as a mortal, be one for that shall be remembered in legends to come."

Seeing this Ser pulled back Hatsu and said, "Let them settle this."
(ooc: yes brigid your in the group with all of us.)

This post has been edited by Jindra34 on Dec 4 2008, 11:12 AM
PMEmail Poster
B. Katarn
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 10:41 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

QUOTE (Brigid @ Dec 4 2008, 11:51 AM)
((Um. Where am I right now? An I with Ryo facing down the oversized wolf? With Hatsu on his flame-powered rampage across dimentions? Or someplace else?))

((Could have Tangent return and once again reset everything. It is a good way to fix stuff when we get too crazy. I'm not helping you guys out, though. Don't have the tech anymore.))
PMEmail Poster
HatsuharuZ
Posted: Dec 4 2008, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Fruit Baskets~<3

Hatsu dispels his sword, but his eyes didn't change back. "As you will." Then Hatsu sees the blood on the corner of Baldur's mouth, and the stains on the ground in front of him. "Hey Ser, does Baldur look kind of sick to you?" He points out the blood. "It looks to me as if this guy is ill. I can see nihilistic tendencies in his life-flame, as well."

The ominous FFVIII music continued to play.....

This post has been edited by HatsuharuZ on Dec 4 2008, 12:31 PM
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (40) All « First ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... Last » Closed TopicStart new topic