l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (6) [All] 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [disc]: The Current Games On Mt: Rp, Discuss and Pimp your RPs!
wapa
Posted: Dec 1 2004, 10:33 PM
Quote Post

Inquisitor

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 19585

Quite a while ago, E-l337 posted a topic in which to talk about the current games on the MT RP forums. As he said,

Got any other cool games on the boards you want to talk about or is looking for more players? Talk about it in here. After all... a simple title for a game can sometimes be what drives a person away, but the game itself may be truly interesting...

Now, that thread may have died, but the principle is sound. We could use a place to put more info about our games, garner interest for an upcoming idea, or even simply pimp a game that's losing players for whatever reason. The last thread was quickly gone from the all-important First Page, and so sunk to wherever the hell it is now. So, I propose we get this stickied, like Andy's Guide to The Forums.

Now, to provide some actual content, would anyone be interested in an old-school Sword and Sorcery-type RP, in which the magic is (mostly) subtle, and the players are out to fulfill prophecies devised by both the GM and themselves?

Simply enough, the Overplot will be preplanned, just like in Opposing Forces - taking the form of ye olde standard tricksy Prophecy. The players would make up a prophecy of their own, which would have been given to them at some point - whether at birth, adulthood, just ten minutes ago by that crazy blind peasant woman, or what have you, and each one would entwine together somehow with the other players. As before, I'll be keeping my overplot general and interpretable, so you could wind up with any number of Whys and Hows - and given that it's prophecy, quite a few whats as well.
PM
Fricative
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 03:28 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 13037

I don't feel like pimping right now, but I will say that I'm interested in your idea. Depending on how my schedule plays out and whether or not I retreat due to being unable to think of an original idea, if your ideas gets off the ground (I hope so and do not doubt that it will), you'll either have a player or a lurking fan.
PMEmail Poster
Phagin
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 34014

I was wondering why there wasn't a thread like this already stuck to the top. You will have to be careful to keep it cleaned up with only the current games in it, or unsticky it and create a new one every so often. I wouldn't suggest having discussions about the games themselves here. Just a short description and a link to the [disc/rec] thread for more info or asking questions would be best.

I also think that having a separate thread for players looking for a game is a good idea. You never know if 6 people have the itch to play the same kind of game a GM may arise from the mists.
PMEmail Poster
yalborap
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

roleplaying postwhore extraordinare

Member No.: 26515

hurray! pimpage time!

My new RP hell's flame has just recently started. It is a sequel to fei's RP, rain of fire. Essentially, the idea is that evil has taken over, and all have been left as mere demons, serving satan himself. A small group have regained a sliver of humanity, and now must tear through the forces of evil and destroy satan. It's kinda cool.
http://forums.megatokyo.com/index.php?showtopic=1689422

We need more people!
PMAOL
E-l337
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 09:34 AM
Quote Post

Father of Death

Member No.: 2719

On another board, well over a year ago, many people cried out for a Futuristic Fantasy game... and I gave it to them. It went great, till I realized that particular board didn't have dedicated players like we do. That, and internet problems killed it.

Why do I say this? Well... because I just wanted to point out that, sometimes, when people say "I want this kind of game to be run!!" sometimes a GM CAN arise from the mists.

Refer to my sig. Though I've got one more game I'm currently considering running, I haven't recieved any info on it lately, and if it doesn't get off soon, I might be tempted to take on another game project (along with the one I'm already running).
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
wapa
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Inquisitor

I was wondering why there wasn't a thread like this already stuck to the top. You will have to be careful to keep it cleaned up with only the current games in it, or unsticky it and create a new one every so often.

Well, really, you'd just need to hit "Last page" to get to the most current ideas.

I wouldn't suggest having discussions about the games themselves here. Just a short description and a link to the [disc/rec] thread for more info or asking questions would be best.

Well, that's true. I guess it should have been [rec], but [disc] seems the standard tag for this sort of thing.

I also think that having a separate thread for players looking for a game is a good idea. You never know if 6 people have the itch to play the same kind of game a GM may arise from the mists.

Hmmm...now there's another good idea that wouldn't really work outside a sticky, and E-l337 makes a good point...

[editus maximus]

I think that that's actually why TBA restarted Fallen World, actually.

Well, I'll give Charchar a PM then.

This post has been edited by wapa on Dec 2 2004, 04:20 PM
PM
Char
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

♪So I got married♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 803

hmm..stickied.
PMEmail PosterIntegrity Messenger IMICQAOLYahooMSN
Fei
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 05:04 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 21417

Allright. The RP that I started is "Rain of Fire". It's about the end of the world and whatnot. It has not started yet and is still in the [Disc] phase. There are already some experinced RPers in there and should be cool.

I as the GM will have minimal control over the RP. That means that it is almost completely character run. The side that wins is completely based on the character's actions. There is no preset winner.

Check it out, Rain of Fire.

Will you usher the war forward, or bring it to an end?
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IMICQAOLYahooMSN
KhanProject
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Lvl 21 Stoopid Slayer

Member No.: 21579

New Tide series.

Basically, lots of water, orks and bling bling items. Oh yah, i try to find pictures whenever possible
PMEmail PosterAOL
Context
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 09:51 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 16193

I had an idea.

Why not create a "Game Card"?

It would be like a character sheet but for games....

Something like this:

Title: ((This section is for the title of the game. The current Story thread could be linked.))
Chapters: ((This is for the names and numbers of the different Chapters. The chapter titles could also be linked.))
Start Date: ((This is when the game started))
Currently Active Players: ((This is where you list your currently active players. If you were feeling really insane one could theoretically link their profiles but I think that would probably be excessive.))

Genre: ((Is it sci-fi? Action? Fantasy? Romance? Put that here))
Mood: ((This is a general mood of the game. Is it light-hearted? Brooding? Scary? Fun?))
Power Level: ((This is how powerful the characters are in comparison to regular people. Are they gods? heroes? normal people? The power level of the average player should be defined here.))

Overview: ((A general overview of what the game is about and what the goals of the game are. This should probably touch on setting and incorporate things like themes.))
History: ((A very general and brief look at what has happened so far in the game. Who did what where, basically))
Current Status: ((This is where one summarizes the current state of things within the game. Are players dropping out? Is everything going fine? Has nobody posted for weeks.... Put that here.))

And that's it.

As an example I am going to fill out Zoan: Aftermath's GameCard

I know it's Silver's game but it's close to me heart...

Title: Zoan: Aftermath
Chapters: Prologue, Chapter 1 – Beyond the Dome
Start Date: Jun 16 2004, 09:05 PM
Currently Active Players: SilverSeraph, Roku, Kinkou, Deadeye, GameStar

Genre: Science Fiction - Mystery
Mood: Paranoid
Power Level: Significantly powerful. The characters are hero’s of significantly superior ability. While not absurd the power level of this game is high.

Overview: Zoan takes place in the post apocalyptic city of Psynestria, a massive floating goliath sitting over the blasted rubble of what once might have been Japan. Within it’s environs live over 150 million human inhabitants, all that remains of humanity.

The world of Psynestria is controlled by the Military, a quazi-government that retains power through the simple expedient of killing those who threaten the city. The actual governing is done by five super-corporations, their names are Cortosis, Psynestetics, The Tao, Hodei Kaido, and ShadowCorp.

Within the sky city technology thrives. Nano-tech and cybernetic engineering have reached pinnacle levels. Anti-gravity has become so refined as to be capable of being carried in one hand. The only banned technology is that of biological engineering. There are no geneticists in Psynestria, the Military disappears all those who try it.

The game revolves around the actions of a small den of Stalkers, semi-legal mercenaries used in espionage and terrorism work by the Corporations. The game follows these Stalkers as they uncover mysterious plots and explore the strange and deadly world of the floating city.

History: Two Stalkers, Synth (SilverSeraph) and Wolf (Roku4), friends and fellow students of an elderly warrior, take a simple job to dispose of a murderer who apparently has some corporate sponsorship. With the help of their friend Glitch (Context), a victim of a childhood accident that left her biological body dead and her brain living within a cybernetically replicated shell, they quickly find their target but are put into great danger when the degree of protection is insanely high. Despite several near misses the three stalkers do manage to kill the murderer but are unable to ascertain the identity of the mysterious corporate backer. During this conflict Wolf fights and defeats a man named Chief, an intelligent guard of the mysterious corporate Boss.

A strange young woman named alternately Matricks, D. Moness, and Diz (Kinkou) steals her way into a banking headquarters and steals some data for the Tao. The young woman has something akin to voluntary multiple personalities resulting from a traumatic experience from her childhood.

Some days later Synth, Wolf and Glitch find themselves hired to dispatch a band of hover-cycle thugs named the Hawk-Bats. These brutes have stolen several experimental druids from Cortosis and the Stalkers must retrieve these droids before they can be sold on the open market. During their raid on the Hawk-Bat’s base Synth finds himself confronted by a strangely armed woman with the unlikely name of M120. She, armed with a powerful energy weapon, succeeds in almost killing Synth but with a last bold stroke Synth overheats her energy cannon, almost killing her in the process. Rather then dispatching his foe Synth shows mercy and injects her with a nano-tech medpack, saving her life. Glitch herself runs into the powerful cyborg Jimbo Climber and by playing possum gets close enough to disembowel him wit her bare hands.

The Hawk-bats defeated the Stalkers gather the droids but find that one of them is missing. Defeated, the Stalkers return the droids and are paid their much-reduced reward. While they are doing this an entity named Sylus, a massive man with a ShadowCorp corporate tattoo on his head was retrieving this still living remains of M120.

While this is happening the Military grants Corporations the rights to mount surface scavenging operations; the first such operations to happen since the apocalypse. A Hodei Kaido employee code-named Rhythm (GameStar) is part of the first one of these. She encounters and defeats and retrieves a bizarre genetic mutation, proof that life survives beyond the dome.

Synth, who’s real name is Zeo Valentine, rents the night club the Abbyss for a private party and calls his many friends from the Mecha Nation (a group of teenaged, cybernetic addicted, drug addicts) to drop by. As he prepairs for the Rave, Glitch is contacted by an old friend called Frankie, a man she has sworn that she will kill for reasons dealing with a prior contract. Frankie has a job for her. She is to return a small briefcase, unopened, to the Tao. In exchange she will be paid more then many Stalkers make in a year. Glitch agrees.

The briefcase is being held by a man dying of Pynth 7, a disease that eventually causes spontaneous combustion but prior to that gives immense psychic strength. The man gives Glitch the briefcase after ensuring that she will not tell anyone that he had managed to determine what was inside. He tells Glitch what it is: A single perfect cell. Proof of illegal genetic research. Glitch returns the briefcase and gets paid.

At Zeo’s rave things go badly wrong. ShadowCorp, the employers of Sylus and M120 attack the Rave just as something horrible happens to the network known as the Zoan, a strange signal causes all those connected to it to experience horrible nausia and vertigo along with something akin to spiritual pain.

While this is going on Zeo is almost killed by the resurrected M120, and his cybernetic assailant inserts something into his wounds. He falls unconscious where he hears a strange mantra. Three words, repeated ad infinitum, “Confound, Unfound, Define.” The meaning for these words are a mystery.

Wolf and Glitch manage to save their friend but Glitch is unable to find any traces of what was placed into his wounds. She does recognize that he is now infected with some kind of lymphatic virus. Something that bears a startling similarity to Psynth Seven. During Zeo’s convalescence his old lover Jordan shows up. She had been thought dead but was, instead, simply captured. She had apparently been used for medical testing which had left her almost dead. Glitch healed her as best she could and put her to sleep.

Along with several dozen other Stalkers, Lance (Deadeye), a young and upcoming stalker looking for his missing father, takes part in a disastrous mission to remove a rogue AI from control of a factory. Many of the Stalkers are killed but Lance survives and takes down the AI with a virus designed by Matricks. Lances eye patch, a powerful piece of cybernetics, is damaged. He managed to get some information from one of the factories employees about one of the men who might have been involved in his fathers disappearance, a man called Rewind.

Rhythm, who’s real name is Kimi, is given information about a group called the Vec Tir'nar. A secret society that lives in tunnels underneath the main living areas of the flying city. They are a strange group of thinkers and spies, but powerful. They offer to take care of Kimi’s badly wounded comatose son in exchange for her allegiance. She accepts.

Using the stolen eyes of the bouncers at the Abbyss Glitch and Wolf track one of M120’s henchmen to the underground fighting tournament called Bloodfist, a competition in which Wolf was once a champion. While investigating Wolf receives a transmission from his old Mentor Zen, a man no-one has heard from in many months. He follows the instructions and meets his mentor in his old Dojo where he finds him changed. His mentor attacks him, apparently unable to control his own actions, and Wolf kills him when his master recovers control at the last possible second.

Glitch meanwhile has her own problems. She is abducted by the same corporate employee whom she and her friends almost killed at the beginning of this story. He seems intimidating but non-threatening. He seems to know much about them but gives nothing away. He gives glitch a small envelope to give to Zeo. A gift, he says, free of charge. She enters her store to find Zeo slumped over a table unconscious and Jordan gone. She was apparently under some kind of hypnotic compulsion. Now someone who knows their secrets is out and about. The stalkers are naturally quite concerned.

Kimi arrives, having been asked by the Vec to investigate these three Stalkers, about whom many events seem to be unfolding. She knows Glitch, who used to be a friend of her son. There is some discussion and Kimi is sent off to the Ghettysburg where her questions about Stalkers can be more clearly answerer. On her way there she is contacted by a Hodei Kaido employee who offers her the opportunity to return to the surface, this searching for the remains of a previous salvage team. She accepts and heads off to the Ghettysburg.

D.Moness and Lance, along with several of their friends, have been hired to move some sensitive materials through the city. After many near misses and an all out firefight with the man called “Rewind”, they do finally manage to succeed in their mission. They are currently recuperating while Lance searches for some way to track Rewind down.

Several days pass and Zeo and Wolf’s wounds heal. They accept a contract for some light work involving recovering some data from a hacked computer system. The track of the thief leads them into the Warrens, a honeycomb of ancient housing blocks, where they are currently being chased by thousands of drug addled Dwellers.

((That took WAY more time then I though it would. I hope I didn't miss anything important.))

Current Status: Slow. We desperately need more players. The momentum of this game is lethargic despite the near fanaticism of our love for it. We need more players to keep things rolling. Zoan needs YOU! A new disc thread will likely to be thrown up when the current chapter ends.

Anyone else want to try?
PMEmail Poster
E-l337
Posted: Dec 3 2004, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Father of Death

The only problem with cards like that is that you might accidentally scare away the new people, or bore away the guys that regularly play. The best way to get someone hooked is to give a brief description. Think of pimping your game as posting an ad for it in the paper. It must be short, concise, and to-the-point.

For example:

Name: Megatokyo: Death and Rebirth (Currently on chapter 2)
Genre: Action/Mystery/Whatever you make of it
Currently Active Players: About 4, including Jargon, DragonWarrior, and a few other oldbies.

MT DnR is set in the Megatokyo Universe, slightly in the future. If you've followed the previous games (Megatokyo: Zombie Attack, Megatokyo: Rebirth), then you'll see a little bit in here for you, as this is a continuation of those games. And if you're not... well, you're in for a hell of a ride.

So what's the basis of the game? Well, kill zombies, fight for truth and justice (or just some hot apple pie [wai for pie!]), and unravel the events that are slowly beginning to unfold around the city. Piro and company appear to be out of town, and you know what they say: When the cat's away, the mice will play. And these mice enjoy playing rough.

In a world that is slowly being overcome by zombie hoards, demonic armies, and faction wars, you must decide who and what you fight for. Is it yourself? For family? Or just the almighty dollar?

Lock and load. Because no matter who or what you fight for, you're in for a hell of a ride.
Llewin
Posted: Dec 3 2004, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 33829

QUOTE (Phagin @ Dec 2 2004, 06:59 AM)

I really like that idea. When I say "like". I mean that someone should really do something about it. Since it's not my idea and dont really know how to introduce it, I'll ask that someone else try.

As for why I'm here. Raiders of the Lost Age is in dire need of more players. I'll post a game card but this is a very open RP.

Title: Raiders of the Lost Age
Chapters: Chapter 1, Find your courage... Make your legend...
Start Date: Idea started a long time ago, refreshed Nov 29 2004, 02:31 PM
Currently Active Players: Llewin, Leos, and Keith.

Genre: This is a modern fantasy game. The time is now but we use swords.
Mood: Very brooding, alot of mystery is involved.
Power Level:On a scale, 1 lowest, 10 gods, our characters are a 6. A bit above normal.

Overview: We are simply travelers in Great Briton, drawn together by fate. We are to band together and stampout myths that have arisen. Currently we intend to go after King Arthur. When I say stampout, it isnt limited to brute force.
History: Basically, we all started in the town of England, drawn together for no apperent reason. This game just started so it doesnt have a long history.
Current Status: Right now it is extremely slow. People dont post very much, probably once every four days. We havent had anything. Im serious when I say anything. No one has even bothered to come in and burn the thread. Or complement the idea or anything. It's weird.

This post has been edited by Llewin on Dec 3 2004, 10:49 AM
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
DragonWarrior
Posted: Dec 3 2004, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 5229

Well, might as well pimp mine out...

Name: Demon Hunters
Chapters: 1 & 2
Started: Damned if I know.
Active Players: DragonWarrior, Cyberlance, Jack, Yalborap, Femalefox66, ThatGuy, ugh...I hope I'm not leaving any ACTIVE players out...
Inactive players: Shadowcat, Philopsychoanthro, Rare_Heroine

Genre: Fantasy
Mood: Light hearted fun with lots of serious parts.
Power Level: Varies. Different characters, different power amount. Those interested in making an ultrapowerful unstoppable force, please apply elsewhere.

Overview: Demons infested the human world, 200 years ago. Human society still exists, but mainly in walled off cities, and small villages near those large cities. Humans, demons, half-demons. They all exist in this world, though Half's have the hardest lot of them all, rarely accepted anywhere. The game is relatively freeform, but noone is really doing that, so I'm having to set a few rails.

History: Long story short: We're kinda hunted by a powerful demonlord. Not that everything else ignores us though

Current status: Less active then I would prefer. But still active.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Redkun
Posted: Dec 3 2004, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 19630

Wouldn't be a current games thread without this. happy.gif

Right now we're pretty active, but we are always open to new players. The more players, the better the game.

Title: Scavenger Plains [disc] [story] [official guide]

Chapters: Each "chapter" covers one day. Currently we are on Day 3
Start Date: June 16, 2004
Currently Active Players: TracerBullet, Kreoss, Luki_Dimension, wapa, DolceVita, Samu, E-l33t, Kawaii Catboy, The_Blind_Artist & R41d3n.

Set in a desert world surrounded by a sea of vicious sandstorms named "The Void", Scavengers roam the dunes searching for fame, fortune or whatever they desire while living off the numerous treasures hidden deep in the sands of Incuria.

Believe it or not, it really is as simple as that. You play the role of a Scavenger, and you have an entire world as your playground. Each of the six Oasis Towns that form the cornerstones of Incuria's civilisation has its own background and culture that give you plenty of creative freedom in deciding the story of your character.

You can choose to get swept up in the big events that are rocking Incuria, such as the underground war between a political leader looking to make all Scavengers obsolete and the tiny mercenary group opposing him. You can choose to make your own adventure, and find your own rewards. You can choose to hunt legendary creatures, play a high-octane sport, follow religion, sell your services as a mercenary, research the history of Incuria, or just hang out and shoot the breeze.

Incuria is a place where you create your own legend. And your legend begins here.

This post has been edited by Andrew I on Dec 3 2004, 03:06 PM
PMEmail Poster
Samu
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 08:21 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I'd like to pimp Scavenger Plains even further.

One of the coolest things about it is all the little stuff Andy works in. If you leave the current group and go to a certain Oasis town on a certain day, you might still find work(hint hint). If you get a certain number [disc] post, you can find yourself the owner of a powerful new weapon mailed to where you were going for absolutely no apparent reason.

We've got ex-thieves, misunderstood demons, religous zealots, blasphemers, unsung heroes, rich kids run away from home, the occult, and, if you're interested in joining my sub-plots, a cataclysmic clash of good against evil threatening to tip the balance of power in Incuria toward a freaky little gnome commanding armies of desert warriors just asking to be slaughtered.
Nestor
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

Member No.: 24897

Title: Cybernetic Nilhism
Chapters: Cyberntic Nilhism: Sanguine- Meet the boss.
Start Date: Idea started a long time ago, implemented a few days ago.
Currently Active Players: ThatGuy1079, Last of Fallen, TormentedSoul, katanacowboy777.
Genre: This is a dystopian cyberpunk world.
Mood: Very brooding, alot of plot twists are to be expected.
Power Level: If you judged on a scale of 1-10, we're at 3 or 4. strong enough to be fearsome to normal people, but limited by technology, society, and circumstance.
Overview: A team of promising thugs is recruited by a high and powerful exec to forge into a useful fighting team. His goal is to play the corporations off each other enough to keep their center of power destabilized. If they're worrying about each other, the governments may have a chance to reassert themselves.
History: Not much history, we're about a week old.
Current Status: Right now it is extremely slow, but I'm hoping it'll pick up.
GMs: Last of Fallen, ThatGuy1079

This post has been edited by ThatGuy1079 on Dec 4 2004, 03:00 PM
PMEmail Poster
Samu
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Currently Active Players: ThatGuy1079, Last of Fallen, TormentedSoul, katanacowboy777.

Oh...that hurts.
Last of Fallen
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Joy! Runner baffles gonad.

Member No.: 19695

Oh...that hurts.

But TG and I would like it if you made a post *hint hint*.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Wonder Chicken
Posted: Dec 5 2004, 02:22 AM
Quote Post

~Makoto's Way~

Member No.: 33190

I'd just like to say that you don't need colossal amounts of players for an rp game, that's something I didn't realize, but a stable core of at 3-5 folks who post good written work and spend time making it a fun read. I think I'd like a few more voluntteers for my RP, but for the most part I think I could only handle ten people at the most. I have no intention of cheapening my material for the wandering masses.

Viva Quality!
PM
Fei
Posted: Dec 5 2004, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

I would like to point out that we are in a desperate need of players for the Rain of Fire RP.

Current Players: E-l33t, Samu, Keyo, Fei, Yalborap, (maybe Wapa: hasn't decided yet), and...Is that it?

This RP calls for alot of people. Those who like the freedom of Scavenger Plains will like the freedom allowed in this RP.

Please join!

Mooseman
Posted: Dec 5 2004, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

mrowrrrt

Member No.: 15197

Hm...Why not..

Title: The Teen Titans
Chapters: #1 Titans Atlast?
Start Date: November 5th
Currently Active Players: RavenDrake, Kawaii Catboy, PhilWeasel, Llewin, Keyoooooh!, Fei'd, Yalboraparoiticastimation...Eh Yal, S(h)amu edit: forgot the ol' switch but won't link XD

Genre: Old school Comic nerd..genre
Mood: From Opinions of others, they prolly don't know. But it's basically a Teen Angst Horror action story. And bygones I hope they atleast pretend to have fun.
Power Level: They Probably all feel like gods, but I plan to aid in smacking them down to reality every now and then like a caring parent would.

Overview: Setting concepts of interaction between kids who all live isolated lives and are intended to gather together to find other isolated soul that they must learn to work together with. One big Drama, perfect for the Gilmore Girls or One True Hill side of ya :D
History: Kids meet, angst shout and scream. Thrown on crash course in training, one gets hurt and makes big fuss, another goes through puberty in about 3 pages of posts. Soon in Future threads will DEPART for super fun action ride(no one has heard this HOT gossip before XD), while the others eat breakfast. A grim day for Cap'n Crunch.
Current Status: All the ladies are totally over me-...oh, you mean...the game, right. The game is actually being viewed and posted LIKE FREAKING HOT CAKES!!! So yeah, it might be bragging, but this is one sucess I never saw coming...

SUPREME LINKAGE!!! Anyone Jealous? :P

This post has been edited by Mooseman on Dec 5 2004, 08:28 PM
PMICQAOLYahooMSN
Samu
Posted: Dec 6 2004, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Is your "o" key broken or something? It's SHAMOO DAMMIT!!!11

For those who are interested, I'm thinking of starting a fantasy RP after all the games I'm in now die out. I can see some of them gone within six months, but Scavenger Plains will be hard to kill. I'm going to spend the time between now and then fleshing a load of shit out, doing the math to figure out where stuff is and how far you'd need to walk to get there, and what exactly the difference between a Samu and a Shamoo (Mooseman!) is. It'd be ambitious, so I wouldn't be joining a whole lot of other games. I'd probably need an assistant GM, and I'm deciding who I'm going to ask.
Mooseman
Posted: Dec 6 2004, 12:25 PM
Quote Post

mrowrrrt

Member No.: 15197

QUOTE (Samu @ Dec 6 2004, 11:06 AM)
Is your "o" key broken or something? It's SHAMOO DAMMIT!!!11

No one likes Seaworld jokes these days ¬¬

I'd probably need an assistant GM, and I'm deciding who I'm going to ask.

I wouldn't mind helping, I've been an assistant GM before and it kinda just got me yelled at by people for being a bossy ass, when I was unofficially one.
PMICQAOLYahooMSN
PaoRou-sama
Posted: Dec 7 2004, 12:35 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 32048

uhh... I'm going to start an RP thread...

Title: 'Requiem: Universal Rebirth'

Story: The world has ended in an event somewhere in the pacific ocean known only as 'the event'. The few human survivors find themselves in a world filled with wandering spirits and demons of mythologies once untrue. However, another miracle occurs, and the human survivors each gain a link to a spirit/demon who in turn grants them powers. Now, a new war is being waged as beacons for creation
shine in many parts of the world. The few Human survivors race to these beacons carrying their hopes and dreams to create a new world. Allies will be made, foes will be vanquished, and the world will be reborn, or destroyed, depending on the outcome of this battle.

Players: none yet... I have a few players who may or may not play, though.

System: More on story passing... if 2(or any number) players decide to fight each other, they will recieve a PM from me telling them who should win or lose. it's up to them how they want to do it.

Characters: Each player has 1 character only. he/she must describe that character in detail, as well as the spirit/demon the character has a link to. If the player decides to use a deity, he must choose from existing mythologies here:
Greek/Roman, Egyptian, Norse, Chinese, Japanese, Hindu.

pimping done.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
wapa
Posted: Dec 21 2004, 05:45 AM
Quote Post

Inquisitor

Well, here's a belated further pimping.

I've just posted my Sword-&-Sorcery attempt, The Prophecies of Arrath.

It's somewhere between freeform and preplanned saga, with an emphasis on player creativity...but a rather large and detailed opening post all the same. Complete with Map! ZomG!
PM
Elcampbello
Posted: Dec 22 2004, 06:25 AM
Quote Post

Do you find youself looking at me?

Member No.: 25096

I'd like to Pimp Gray: Conflicts.

Kio Pimps it better than me.

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
RavenxDrake
Posted: Dec 25 2004, 01:16 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 33518

You know, as much as I've been working in the forums, I didn't even connect this sticky with advertising for my RP.

Some days I'm just not real bright. I stuck it in my Sig, but nobody reads sigs anyway so...

For those who've never seen it:

The SAC Wants YOU!

A Bale of Distant Suns: A far future Science Fiction Roleplay.

Everything you need to know (and then some, thanks to the Inquisition. Hey guys. smile.gif) is covered in the Descritption and Recruitment thread above. I'm about to move into a new section of the story, and situtations are Ideal to include new players at this time, should anyone wish to join. Thank you.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Wonder Chicken
Posted: Dec 26 2004, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

~Makoto's Way~

Wing Commander: Task Force 112 (Finally Updated)

Heh. Why not?
I guess I'll blab then.

Wing Commander: Task Force 112 is a side story based on Wing Commander 3 and the Freespace 2 mod Wing Commander saga. The story revolves around the carrier TCS Hornet and its crew. Unlike other carriers in the Confed Fleet, the Hornet's task force is assigned to clear out the Kilrathi (large bipedal felines) from occupied systems. Only one problem - the Kats are slowly winning.

Not only can players be pilots and flight leaders, but they can also command the majority fo the capital ships in the Task Force. Also, players can help create their NPC wingmen, the idea being that the NPC will evolve from a callsign (their name in combat) to either a buddy or nemesis of the players.

TF 112 is a space combat RP, where your actions at the flight stick or interactions with pilots and fellow crew members will affect the outcome of your story. And people need to keep a tally of all their Kitty kills.

I've got the core of the game done and after a few minor revisions, gonna get it underway.

Well, since I've now gotten underway with more updates and such, I'm proud to say that even more updates are coming. Due to many technical problems (kicks computer for a good measure), I had some trouble with RPing and posting in the forums, but those have been happily fixed. If some viewers have noticed, I've been working on a steady (yeah right) update of ships and other materials for players. Pics Included. I've got more in store, such as a good galactic map to explain the Terran-Kilrathi War and a bigger and badder ship list of Confed and Kilrathi forces.

So anyhow, here are the links and enjoy some space combat fun.

(Disc/Rec) Join Confed and fry some Kilrathi TODAY!

(Story) WC: TF 112, How many kitties have you dusted today?

This post has been edited by Wonder Chicken on Dec 26 2004, 09:50 PM
PM
AirTperrec
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 36930

As a complete and utter newbie to these forums i'm probably commiting some kind of heresy to even trying to create something on here never the less promote it.

The 19th century fantasy.

Industrial revolution type setting but with magic as well as technology. Based off the game Arcanum. Various races, magics, and technologies. Characters gain skill levels in their jobs and technical/magical skills. Also cultural differences between difference races and groups like dwarf clans and localized human city states.

I left it rather open on rules and limits for people to be creative if anyone ever decided to join.

This post has been edited by AirTperrec on Jan 2 2005, 02:05 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Astorite
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 10806

Severance - The Landing

The short version:

What - A freeform RP full of goodness and yumtasticity.

The Who - You are one of 200 colonists.

The Where - You've traveled to the nearest habitable star, 1.4 lightyears away. The ship you came on was the Hope's Launch, Earth's largest object ever put into space at its time.

The Why - After World War III the Earth's population has greatly declined, large portions of the planet is unhospitable, and a rich bunch of corporations need their stocks to rise.

The When - The Ship left in the year 2060, passengers and crew going into a cold sleep procedure with programmed wake cycles. You now have awoken in the year 2132, the shuttles have landed, man walks on a different star system's planet for the first time ever.

The How - Try to help colonize the planet, kill off your fellow passengers, or maybe just go take a swim at the beach; all any way possible. Characters must be submitted and approved.

Does anyone actually read this, I wonder?

The Long Version:

Title: Severance - The Landing Story Thread

Chapters: We're on our first one: The Landing If We get far enough further chapters will come

Start Date: Our Disc went up Dec 10, 2004. The Story thread started rolling Dec 17, 2004.

Currently Active Players:
Ayane112
SilverSeraph
Last of Fallen
Shinomori
TBA
Lunatix
HamHam
TheDivineWind
Stageninja
Wapa
Guitar (He hasn't replied in a while though, so I'm not quite sure.)

Genre: Science Fiction/Fantasy

Mood: A strange mix of Light-hearted and Demented

Power Level: Humans are pretty mcuh the same in this game, the only difference is that they have a telepathic ability of 1 to 2 miles.

Overview: You are part of a colonization effort of the planet Haven, Earth-type and fourth body from its sun, Rigel Kentaurus (IE: Alpha Centauri.) The planet is somewhat colder than Earth due to a greater orbital distance. Life does exist in varying forms, several types categorized and spotted from long-range satellite/probe lander system that reached orbit halfway through the Colonial Ship's passage. Also reported by satellite are no signs of humanoid intelligence. The planet is made up of two continents, a chain of islands the two's only connection. Names have yet to be decided on, one dubbed Westland, the other Eastland.

Current plans for the primary settlement are on an island the colonists have dubbed playfully, "New Hawaii." The ship's computer, Miranda, has already sent down several payloads via parachute and Remote Guided Aircraft containing needed supplies to build up the area. Those listed as most skilled and needed have gone down to the planet in the first shuttle, part of a Rotation of three others that will bring down the rest of the crew. The greater part of the Colonial ship Hope will be left in orbit to act as satellite and data gatherer, only a skeleton crew left to be rotated out via Shuttle once the settlement is established.

History: The first shuttle has made its historic flight down onto the surface of Haven. Sliding in using the island's watery surroundings as a landing pad, the shuttle moved far up onto the golden sands of an uninhabited beach. The Captain was up and out first, claiming the title as the first human to step foot on the planet's grounds. Then he went swimming.

The first order of business for the colonists is to get a couple of the main utility systems up and running. From a prefabricated factory to the needs of transportation, everyone is doing their part so they can begin building a home and start exploring. Soon enough the next three shuttles will come down and add more of the crew, freeing up those with specialities that allow for exploration and data gathering.

So far one of the colonists has been involved in an accident. Cid, the demolitions expert, ran into a problem with an unknown ore, blowing the drillbit arm off of the workMech. In the event of the explosion several things happened, one being the death of Khan, a gerbil meant to experiment local inclusion to wildlife. Also, the drillbit's landing was near the form of one Aaron McMahon, only saved from meeting the gerbil's fate by a telepathic shout from Jasper.

Furious at the incompetence he sees in Cid, Aaron gets into a brief argument, then turns and stalks off down the beach by himself. The rest of the colonists either ignore the spat or try to soothe it, most continuing to work on their personal areas of expertise. Captain Drekkar spends a moment trying to keep the argument settled, then lets them alone as he moves to set up some airborne transportation; small two-man helicopters called hoppers.

Meanwhile, down the beach, Aaron sudden finds some new wildlife, the experience seemingly hazardous to his health. His current status is unknown. Back at camp, Jasper finds that the local fauna is returning to the landing site, apparently having been spooked by the crashing and rumbling. Some sort of creature lands on the scientist's arm, its intent not quite clear.

Current Status: We're rolling along decently, overall with a good number of posts for its start. We've just started, so people are still getting into their characters, getting themselves into plots, trying to find ways to kill each other. Still, everyone seems enthusiastic and seem to at least enjoy what's going on.

This post has been edited by Astorite on Jan 2 2005, 05:42 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
Halconnen
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 26620

Does anyone actually read this, I wonder?

I do.

May not really fit (as only RPG ads are in here), but I read em and hereby encourage the GMs (or players) to keep pimping their RPGs.

EDIT: Oh and if you pimp, do it detailed. I won't read the disc, if the ad doesn't get my attention. Context made a good one. As did everyone else who used the 'game card sheet' *hint* *pokes wapa, Khan and Elcampbello with stick*

Scavenger Plains will be hard to kill.

Don't tell me you're trying to kill it >_>.

This post has been edited by Halconnen on Jan 2 2005, 12:42 PM
PMEmail PosterICQMSN
Elcampbello
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Do you find youself looking at me?

Member No.: 25096

I would have used one but I didn't know the entire history etc.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
BobJones
Posted: Jan 6 2005, 11:43 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 29208

Hey... I'm not sure if I should be posting this, since I don't host my game on the megatokyo forums, and I haven't been big on playing in the forums here (although I do read a lot of the topics). Still, this is right up your alley if you're into free-form gaming.

Title: Freedom City
Start Date: About a year ago, but we just changed where it's hosted so it's like a brand new start.

Genre: Modern Free-form (ultra-free; very little moderation)

Mood: Whatever you want it to be. So far, it's been a lot of simple day-to-day drama with lots of undercurrents of secrecy.

Power Level: Most people seem to be going for your average-joe type people. The god-like characters don't seem to last long unless they're quite well done.

Overview: Freedom City is a world filled with gangsters, the supernatural, and really bad traffic jams. With a guy named "Lucifer" and a bar filled with wenches, you can expect anything and everything from this game.

History: It was originally hosted on Yahoo, but it's only picked up since we've moved to the new forum.

Current Status: New but growing fast.

The site is http://s7.invisionfree.com/Freedom_City in case you don't want to click on the title.

Anyway, don't flame me for posting here, i'm just making it available in case anyone's interested.

PMEmail Poster
RavenTW
Posted: Jan 24 2005, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 13031

Gundam: Evolution

Chapters: Chapter 1 - From the Depths (Link gone), Chapter 2 - Baptism by Fire, Chapter 3 - Rest and Restitution, Chapter 4 - Crucible of Loss, Chapter 5 - Insert Curse Here.

Start Date: August 13, 2004.

Characters: RavenTW, Keyo, SilverSeraph, Switchblade1701, yalborap, Cyberlance, Drake nailo, Joy (whom I'd like to thank for using her first post on this RP), 6Shooter, Totobear.

Genre: Sci-fi/Mecha

Mood: Varies between fast-paced and philosophical.

Power Level: Like traditional Gundam, the characters are young adults. They are more powerful than most civilians. There are also a few middle-agers that are stronger mentally than physically. The mecha they pilot are stronger than most human made mecha, but depending on they enemy they face (Mobile Suit or Gundam), their strength varies.

Overview: After exile from Earth for their own follies, the human race lives in orbital colonies, trying to ressurect the wanton destruction they caused that left their home planet barren. Eventually, they discover an alien device that allows them to create powerful mecha, codenamed Gundam. After trying to create a sentient Gundam, their experiment goes horribly wrong, and the result strikes a holy war against the human race. No, pre-generation Gundams have been designed to battle against this monstrosity, in hopes that humanity will be able to avoid another catastrophe like Earth.

History: Orbital colony Florida has fallen. A defeated Gundam team decides to get the thought of failure of their minds by heading to Louisiana for Mardis Gras. The partygoers welcome the pilots, and soon, another pair of pilots are added to their roster, Sage and Sloan. Conner is performing his jet acrobatics for the crowd as Azrael and Roy prepare to duel...

Current Status: We are in the perfect place to recieve more characters. Our major problem is not really people but consistency of posting. Keyo has a hard time getting to the forums and his character is in the spotlight at the moment. So basically, this is to advertise the RP.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Kage
Posted: Jan 24 2005, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Victory Donut!

Member No.: 15747

AHS (Remix)

Title: AHS (Remix)
Start Date: As soon as I feel like I have enough players
Currently Active Players: TIA (formerly known as Black Rose Tears), Chantler, Morpheus1684, Tormented_Soul, l33tm0nk3y
Currently Thinking About Joining: ShadowForm, wapa, yalborap, Ayane112, Elcampbello, DolceVita, Aeuna, CyberLance, Ghoti_Ghreye, SilverSeraph, stageninja. (I'll have one hell of an all-star cast if this gets off the ground...)
GM type people: Kage, Zephear
Genre: General Fiction... Magic and superscience both exist in places, but it takes place in a modern-day high school
Mood: Despite the people signing up as drug dealers and assassins, I plan on this being a light-hearted game until all the characters are firmly established and I (or the other people playing) think of a good plot twist to take the series in a new direction.
Power Level: Fairly low. However, everyone has their own unique skills that make them people you wouldn't want to piss off. From information dealers to shape shifters to assassins to drug-peddling chemists to ex-military gym teachers.

Overview: AHS originally stood for Anime High School. It was a place where cliches abounded, and much fun was had. Unfortunately, due to mod/player conflict, the series was dropped and lay dormant for some time. Why Anime High School in particular? Because the fact that you could play with anime stereotypes meant that you could create any type of character you wanted (Anthropomorphs, mech pilots, magical girls, etc.), and throw them into a high school setting with a bunch of other crazies. And that's really the point right now. Once the characters get settled in, we'll throw them an ancient evil, a prophesy that needs fulfilled, or some such to keep them occupied.
History: This is a fresh start for AHS.
Current Status: Hasn't yet begun... but feel free to sign up at any time.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Kage
Posted: Jan 26 2005, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

Victory Donut!

OK... a few things have changed in the past couple of days (Corrections bolded).

Title: AHS (Remix)
Start Date: Will be Jan. 28/29 2005
Currently Active Players: Kage, TIA (formerly known as Black Rose Tears), Chantler, Tormented_Soul, l33tm0nk3y, ShadowForm, yalborap, Ayane112, Elcampbello, AntiAngstNinja, Aeuna, SilverSeraph, stageninja.
Currently In the Process of Joining: DolceVita, Morpheus1684, CyberLance, Ghoti_Ghreye, R41d3n, wapa.
GM type people: Kage, Zephear
Genre: General Fiction... Magic and superscience both exist in places, but it takes place in a modern-day high school
Mood: Despite the people signing up as drug dealers and assassins, I plan on this being a light-hearted game until all the characters are firmly established and I (or the other people playing) think of a good plot twist to take the series in a new direction.
Power Level: Moderate. From the power of information to the power of science to the power of magic, this RP has it all. Some characters are more powerful than others, but all have their own unique skills. Oh, and I'm a mod who doesn't mind powerful characters, but if you're a jerk about it, rest assured that you will be crushed in a most painful and humiliating manner
Overview: AHS originally stood for Anime High School. It was a place where cliches abounded, and much fun was had. Unfortunately, due to mod/player conflict, the series was dropped and lay dormant for some time. Why Anime High School in particular? Because the fact that you could play with anime stereotypes meant that you could create any type of character you wanted (Anthropomorphs, mech pilots, magical girls, etc.), and throw them into a high school setting with a bunch of other crazies. And that's really the point right now. Once the characters get settled in, we'll throw them an ancient evil, a prophesy that needs fulfilled, or some such to keep them occupied.
History: This is a fresh start for AHS.
Current Status: Starting soon... but feel free to sign up at any time.

This post has been edited by Kage on Jan 26 2005, 08:08 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN
Gnome
Posted: Jan 27 2005, 12:47 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 24553

Trying to get this RP a little more interest...so I’ll try filling out one of these here game cards.

Title: Project: Atlantis
Chapters: Well, it is on the harder side of life to have chapters finished before it the RP has started, isn't it?
Start Date: How about not yet.
Currently Active Players: Those who play are needed in the greatest manner. Currently interested are: Wapa, Panzeh, and (?)j4d3d_1nk

Genre: A blend of modern-day with fantasy and sci-fi. Stirred, not shaken.
Mood: Semi-horror, Semi-brooding, All survival.
Power Level: Average to Moderate. Four races possible for PC's, each with their own quirks.

Overview: Several meteors struck the earth in mid-California. The force of the 'landing' disturbed the tectonic balance in the crust of the earth. It had caused a great earthquake and most of California had fallen into the ocean. The resulting tidal wave destroyed everything up to the Rocky Mountains. If that was not bad enough, the tectonic movements pushed up an island from the depths of the Pacific Ocean. On this island are all the horrors that man has only thought of as myth. Now the remainder of mankind has to struggle to keep what little land is left. Maybe there are secrets on this island itself, or within the meteors that have landed, but the long treacherous journey across barren wastelands and vast seas just for some small glimmer of hope is too much to ask anyone. Maybe other creatures more favorable to man have also arisen from the depth of the ocean. No one knows. Everyone is just trying to survive and hold onto what they have.

History: Read the [Disc/Rec] thread for more information. The RP is yet to start.
Current Status: Did I tell you that it hasn't started yet? In need of players.
PMUsers Website
lucifereacention
Posted: Jan 31 2005, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 17364

Seeing as the person blamed for it's existance has left for the time being, I'll fill in a little on MT:tC.

Title: Megatokyo: The Clans

Chapters:
Yet ANOTHER Announcement (AKA:The Great Fanboy War)
Church of Miho (fake) Bulletin
A Normal Day in Megatokyo
Church of Miho: New Blood
The Miho Files
War of the Last Stick Figures
Of Light, Shadow, and Love
Battle for Continuity
Us Versus Them
Rise of the Dark Goddess
A New Confusion in Megatokyo

Start Date: October 13, 2001(approx)

Currently Active Players: DWCs site (linked below) has an outdated list, but current players are around 20-50, depending on how many are caught up that week.

Genre: Fantasy/Sci-fi/Action. Anything and everything goes.

Mood: Variable, Scenes range from Hilarity bordering on stupidity, and deathly serious. It all depends on who you interact with.

Power Level: Characters range in ability, due to respect, and writing ability of their authors. Characters can be anything from Charles Fox, a rather normal man with no more than an Engineering degree, and a lab to work in, to the tC Monk, who rends and repairs reality on a daily basis.

Overview: Living life in a city filled with factions of idol obsessed mad men (and women), And surviving from day to day under the watchful eye of various forces.

History: http://dietwaterempire.8k.com/mtrp/archives.html

This website has up through the current story arc: A New Confusion in Megatokyo, which are as follows

[mt:tc] A New Confusion In Megatokyo., Episode 1: A Fork in the Future

[mt:tc] A New Confusion In Megatokyo, Episode 2: Making New Friends, Part 1

[mt:tc] A New Confusion In Megatokyo, Episode 3: Making New Friends, Part 2

[mt:tc]a New Confusion In Megatokyo, Episode 4: A Line in the Sand

Current Status: Running strong, and always looking for more players.

This post has been edited by lucifereacention on Jan 31 2005, 02:10 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
MothaFus
Posted: Feb 14 2005, 01:49 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 38225

lolz. because of the registering thingy i lost my copied text.

I had an idea about a RPG. I posted a link to some online recruitiing thingy and I'm banned
PMEmail Poster
MothaFus
Posted: Feb 14 2005, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 38225

http://www.herowar.com/recruit.phtml?id= Simple is attractive biggrin.gif

no it isn't
PMEmail Poster
Char
Posted: Feb 14 2005, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

♪So I got married♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 803

QUOTE (MothaFus @ Feb 15 2005, 03:51 AM)
http://www.herowar.com/recruit.phtml?id= Simple is attractive biggrin.gif

even by the looks of that link you can tell it's one of those annoying recruiting thingies.

No. (p.s. thanks for the report)
PMEmail PosterIntegrity Messenger IMICQAOLYahooMSN
MT ninja-pirate
Posted: Feb 24 2005, 01:58 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 33538

NOW PIMPING: Empire of the Stars
PMEmail Poster
Tormented_Soul
Posted: Feb 25 2005, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 19265

I currently have two RPs running, and both have really good players, so I would suggest at least checking them out at least for their tallent if not for the plot setup for them...

Title: Devil Don't Care

Start Date: I restarted it on Jul 8 2004, 09:35 PM

Chapter: 1, neo-genisus

Current Players: Silver Seraph, Kinkou, Marrowmeld, Ghoti_Ghreye, Tormented_Soul.

Power Level: moderate, but will eventually become heros.

Overview: Demons have taken over the world, and have enslaved the human race. the free clans that fled the demon rule kingdoms have sent forth some of their people to partisipate in a tourniment to fidn the most skilled for the job of ridding the world of the demons and the lords they serve. Magic is ever present, and modern day tech is found in hidden locations since it has been taken by the demon to help make sure an uprising doesn't happen.

History: the PCs have prooved their places in the profisised tourniment that has chosen them as the champions of the human race, and now they are fighting in the first city because of a demonstorm striking at their cerimony to see the PCs on their way.

Current Status: slowly moving, but with good quality in every post.

Side Note: most of the actions the PCs take will affect tohe plot line, I have big ideas that can happen for almost anyhting you can choose. Good or Evil? you must shape the future of the world, since no one else can.

Title: Doomed!

Start Date: Feb 7 2005, 07:39 PM

Chapter: 1 (there won't be a second most likely)

Current Players: Silver Seraph, Kinkou, katanacowboy777, stageninja, Marrowmeld, fei, TheDivineWind, Ghoti_Ghreye, Totobear, Keign, Tormented_Soul.

Power Level: weak, the PCs are just a little more able than the average NPC, but not in combat or strength, just the way they will react to the situation.

Overview: End of the world. A strange event has triggered the appocolypse. A gateway to an infernal demension has opened in china, and will open others around the world. through these gateways, demons will pour out and take the human race by storm, killing most and enslaving the remains. it is basically a prequil to DDC. Modern day, no high tech, no magic.

History: everyone woke up, some NPCs are blabbering on about the end of the world, but the PCs aren't paying attention to them. day to day life so far, just to set up relationships between the characters.

Current Status: just starting, but you can alway join in late if you want to.

Side Note: this is most likely goign to be a 1 chapter game, so you almost definately will die in this game.

This post has been edited by Tormented_Soul on Feb 25 2005, 10:32 AM
PMAOL
richvh
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 19795

Now playing in Story Discussions: [url]http://forums.megatokyo.com/index.php?showtopic=1693915]Kidnapped by Zombies Piro Day[/url]

Scenario: Fred Gallagher, webcomic artist, has been kidnapped by zombies. An intrepid band of heroes attempts to rescue him.

Currently active heroes: richvh, Elcampbello, -=Spanners=-, WolfenKahlon, Shotoman, rapierman, reblekid2003, SpyderGreywolf, stsparky, Kerwing, UserError, roastpuff

Villains: umhyuk, TheGreatHibiki, NightStrife, Artemi, Shinmeko

We have sufficient villains. If you want to join our band of heroes, please:
  • No power playing
  • No more dropping through plotholes ™ to join the group or move around
  • We have a stock of anonymous NPCs that can be customized to your PC specifications if you don't want to write a complicated intro

This post has been edited by richvh on Feb 27 2005, 08:57 AM
PMEmail Poster
wapa
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 05:42 AM
Quote Post

Inquisitor

I'd just like to step in and mention Gnome's latest game idea, that being the Great RP contest. It's in tentative stages now to say the least, but it's developing into a very unique looking game.

Players join and create a character in a similar fashion to most other RPs - though with a lot more detail than those. Not so big a departure there. However in-game, things get a little different. Instead of each player writing their one character, players will either swap characters, or switch characters from post to post, a major aim being to write a post as in character as possible with someone they have not created themselves. I should point out that this solves the perennial problem of abandonment faced by most games in this forum - or at least minimises it.

The setting and scenario has yet to be decided - however it seems to be leaning towards a realistic setting rather than the standard SF and Fantasy fare of the boards. The game has already attracted interest from some of the more talented players of the board such as Last of Fallen, Samu and Kage, and is shaping up to be one of the more arthouse-style games - but I should point out that this is an extremely early stage of the design period.

If, like myself, you've been feeling that there's a staleness to most rpgs of the moment, I suggest you take a look and see what there is to see. I'm naive enough to hope that this game sparks a bunch of fresh new RPGs. Variety is the spice of life, after all, and while I'm a massive fan of SF/F and anime (these make up most of my books and most of my DVDs, respectively) there's more to this pastime than that. There'll always be room for the freeform scifi, but I'd like to think there's also room for drama, westerns, comedy or even pirates in here, and I think this game gives us an excuse. And again, for more than just scenarios and the occasional advance like Contexts relationship system. You may remember a little game called Opposing Forces...

In any case, I like this game, and urge you with all my illusory authority to try to make it happen.
PM
Last of Fallen
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Currently pimping Ghost World.

Title: Ghost World
Chapters: Ch. 1; Ghost World: Transfer (this has not yet started)
Start Date: Frebruary 27
Currently Active Players: - Wapa, SilverSeraph, ToToBear, Kreoss and Kinkou have expressed interest.

Genre: Fantasy/SciFi
Mood: Cataclysm/times of change
Power Level: Moderate - right now

Overview: Tourists: To explore Ghost World and have the time of their life.
Natives: Each have their own seperate goals, however there seems to be some political upheaval in Korenna.
History: This is a revival of Ghost World, it trailed off to a halt sometime last June or July.
Current Status: So far people are perusing and figuring out if they can get in.
PMEmail PosterMSN
X_The Nameless
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Hey could anyone "pimp" my RPG? I've been working on it for a while:

Name: Dream Life
Genre:Fantasy
Characters:
Races: Dwarfs, Humans, Elves, Dragon-halves (half dragon, half human), Pixies, Fairies (there is a differnec between pixies and fairies.)
Powers:Magic (six types: Dark, Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Light)
Weapons:Swords, Knifes, Bows, Axes, Crosbows, Small Firearms, Staffs & Rods
Jobs: Warrior, Fencer, Miner, Magister, Wizard, Ranger (Rangers being like law enforcement) Theif, Healer (Healers being like preists) & Knight
I was thinking about adding immortality, being you can't die by age, sickness, hunger or thirst but decided against it.
Setting:
In the world of Imagice, In the kingdom of Drangaria
Drangaria is like a vast mountain range with many lakes, forests and plains.

This is what I have so far could some one give me some advice since I'm new?

This post has been edited by X_The Nameless on Mar 31 2005, 09:27 PM
wapa
Posted: Apr 1 2005, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Inquisitor

The most important thing to do when designing an RP, or worldbuilding in general, is to constantly ask yourself questions like "Why?" "How?" and "And then what?". About everything.

You gave an okay amount of information for a threadpimp, but make sure you include much more in your discussion/recruitment thread, obtained by asking yourself those sort of questions. When you do something like this, it's amazing how much you can get - a whole world can be grown from a single phrase. And it only gets better when other people start asking you questions which you haven't thought about, because your gameworld may start going in entirely different directions to what you intended. That's the entire reason we have the C.I.S, otherwise known as the Inquisition.

Read Red's guide to the forum if you haven't already as well.

If your game attracts players enough to start, then keep yourself involved with it. If the GM isn't involved, then the players have a tendency to lose their enthusiasm. Not always, but it's only fair.

If your game doesn't attract many people, try to work out why it didn't succeed, fix the problems and try again. In the meantime, join some other games and play a while to build up your skills and reputation.

I don't need a reply by the way - post up your [disc/rec] thread and I'll see about Inquiring there.
PM
pirokorayje
Posted: Apr 1 2005, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 33263

Here, since it's just starting out. We need more people in order to get it running. Character sheets are on the first post in the thread. Information about the world is one the third post in the thread, not the first.

Title: Starfox Generations
Chapters: Mission 1 - Oikonney Returns
Start Date: March 31
Currently Active Players: Strike5(GM), Falgor the Half Demon, Pirokorayje, kaine_tonaki

Genre: SciFi/Action
Power Level: Not sure, as it is just starting. Assume slightly above average.

Starfox Generations is an RP based of off the video game Starfox. Unfortunately, not much is known for the game's future, as only four people have decided to even comment. Come and share your opinions. Refer to Strike5 for all matters regarding gameplay if you decide to reply and show interest.
PMUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
Akatsu
Posted: Apr 2 2005, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 39698

Here is mine, I'm new to the forums, so let me now if I made any mistakes.

Name: Imagilife
Story summary: The King of Dardurin has sent armies of soldeirs to invade countries that the king is friends with, why would he do that? so many people are sneaking in to the palace, following the soldiers, and doing the general stuff that's gonna anger the king. You and a group of people troubled by this are busting into the palace, but you don't know how to get in. How are you gonna do this?
Characters:
Races: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Fairy, Catalor (<-- cat person), Kanatal (<-- dog person), Phyner (<-- bird person) & Snalson (<-- snake person)
Weapons: The midevil stuff tongue.gif
Magic: Plently of magic types, Fire, Thunder, Water, Ice, Earth, Plant, Dark, Light, Wind & Time. You get more magic when your character learns a new skill, levels up, etc.
Setting
The country of Dardurin, a vast country much like Ireland, with lakes, mountains, caves and lots of fun places to explore!
Technology
The midevil stuff, swords, bows & arrows, axes, catapults... But a few magisters have inveted the clockworks which are basicly robots, but very flimsey and breakable, some of theses machines are said to have emotions.

That's mine lete me know what you think.

This post has been edited by Akatsu on Apr 2 2005, 10:30 AM
PMEmail Poster
Redkun
Posted: Apr 2 2005, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 19630

Here is mine, I'm new to the forums, so let me now if I made any mistakes.

First mistake: you don't post your idea here first. You create a [disc/rec] thread for your game, post your idea in there, and then you can pimp it here to attract some interest. This thread is for promoting games, not ideas.

Read this. It was made to help you.

Also, everything that wapa said above applies to your idea:

The most important thing to do when designing an RP, or worldbuilding in general, is to constantly ask yourself questions like "Why?" "How?" and "And then what?". About everything.

You gave an okay amount of information for a threadpimp, but make sure you include much more in your discussion/recruitment thread, obtained by asking yourself those sort of questions. When you do something like this, it's amazing how much you can get - a whole world can be grown from a single phrase. And it only gets better when other people start asking you questions which you haven't thought about, because your gameworld may start going in entirely different directions to what you intended.
PMEmail Poster
Psionicist
Posted: Apr 2 2005, 09:35 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 39612

I'd like to shove my new RP, The Orchestra, into the "pimping ring".

Name: The Orchestra
Genre: Fantasy Warfare
Brief Description:
The Continent is readying itself for war. Not between rival nations, nor for peace, or oil, or money.

The denizens of the Continent are fighting for their very right to live. For they are coming. The Oni have been released by a foolhardy adventurer, seeking power through the Ancient Runes, guarded by the Oni in the darkness of The Well, their resting place in the center of the world.
Our cheesy motto: Welcome to the Orchestra. Which part will you play?

Our discussion thread can be found here: "The Orchestra" Discussion Thread

Chapters : Right now, I'm keeping the name of the first chapter a secret until I get some interest, mostly because I don't want to reveal where the story begins until the story ... actually begins.

Now, for some minute details:

Races: Humans and Oni. The only playable race are humans.

Technological Advances: Steam-powered mechas and tanks, magic-powered mechanicals, early stages of guns. Think Industrial Revolution with a crapload of magic shoved into the mix.

Mood: Cataclysmic. Basically, if this war fails, everyone on the Continent dies to prevent any further attempts to gain the Ancient Runes.

Our Current Status: Non-existent. I've only had one person sign on. Being so, I'm going to hold off on the whole "listing of players" thing, until I can get some more people.

No, I'm not new. I used to post under Psykhanimucha, but too many people were expecting to see the standard "get blown up then rebuilt" kind of character that was played in the [in]famous Psykhanimucha Rikaryu in E-l337's "Megatokyo: Rebirth" campaigns.

Please, look at it, make a character, and have some fun.
PMEmail Poster
TracerBullet
Posted: Apr 4 2005, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Here (in spirit).

Member No.: 2641

Well, I finally decided it's time to pimp my RP.

My masterpiece-in-progress I call Made In America

Story Thread: Shoot #1: I was Born in Chicago...
Disc Thread: (click here)
Genre: Cops vs. Mob story, but not so black-and-white.
Story start date: 1/13/05

Active Players (off the top of my head): TracerBullet (me), Ayane, TBA, jimmys-last-stand, Crin the sniper, Murgatroyd, Shinomori No Ookami, Shadowform

Power Level: We are all but human, however, you might be able to have some bullettime-like moments.

Calvin Maxwell, a.k.a. Tracer Bullet (my character), starts this tale by going to the closed-casket, outdoor (despite heavy rain) funeral of his beloved friend and mentor, Ace. Ace's ex-wife hands him a manilla folder with...something.

Later on, he goes to drink at Murphy's (Shadowform) bar (whatever it's called), and drinks some alcohol along with James King (Sonny, who seems to have vanished into thin air). The bar also later becomes inhabited by an Arab guy (DarkToaster's character, can't remember his name), and Zuka (Kindren, who also seems to have disappeared). Three thugs come in to collect "insurance," but the team subdues them quickly. Calvin gets a tip from one of the collectors about how to find the man behind the "Rico" scam, as he calls it. As Calvin leaves the bar, the Arab guy slips his business card to him without him knowing, expecting a visit later on. Calvin tracks down the low-level mob boss Michael Vincetti and leaves him for the cops to pick up.

Meanwhile, Progressive Party Congressman and presidential candidate Howard Delano Roosevelt, a descendant of FDR himself, flies into O'Hare International, gives a speech, and goes to his hotel for a brief press conference. Afterward, he goes to dinner at a local steakhouse, where his brother Michael joins his table along with a girlfriend HDR didn't know about. HDR seems to be a little concerned that his brother is hiding something.

Elsewhere, police officer Ed Cobb (TBA) talks about his life and helps calm down a domestic abuse case, though not after the husband got killed by a shotgun blast from his wife, not in that order.

After viewing the funeral of Ace, Michelle Wu (Murgatroyd) goes to a party being attended by her employer, Sam Kwan, stopping by her parents' resturant to say hello. While in the resturant, she runs into Paradox (Shinomori), who is trying to blackmail a Russian mafioso. Also attending the party is Finnigan/Deadman (LoF). And Stacy (Kai-sama). The party is disrupted by sniper fire.

In other news, a couple of bums appear near Murphy's bar. Jimmy (jimmy) vaguely remembers being used in some sort of experiment, and has a dog named Snuffy. "The Bum" (Pau-Rou) kills people with pointy sticks for arcade tokens, or something like that.

Back at the bar, David (ThatGuy1079) helps repair a doornob for Murphy and beats up some thugs.

Elsewhere, Aadam (Crin) and a few Russian mobsters are going to war with a whole group of Sicilian mobsters.

At the steakhouse, a mysterious man named Vincent drags Jimmy with him and kills HDR's brother just as the lights mysteriously flicker out in the building. Just before he is shot, Michael tells HDR about something called "Project Infinite Resolve." Vincent escapes in the chaos, but is able to plant the gun on Jimmy before leaving. Jimmy gets arrested by Secret Service agents and is on his way to jail.

Current Status: Moving a little slow, but still quite alive. There is still time for people to join. If anyone needs help getting thrown into the story, just ask me.

(EDIT: fixed synopsis a little)

This post has been edited by TracerBullet on Apr 4 2005, 04:21 PM
PMEmail PosterAOL
<3
Posted: Apr 19 2005, 02:46 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 26789

Story Thread: Not Here yet...
Disc Thread: Ages Past
Genre: Futureistic Fantasy
Story start date: Hasn't Happened just yet

Active Players : None yet either...

Power Level: Power Levels vary quite a bit among the races.

The Spliced Race tends to be a bit stronger pysically
Mages Arn't all powerful but do have to shoot fire balls and lightning as well as interact with and minipulate many electronic devices... (Yeah strange... I know)
The basic humans have normal physical strenth depending of course on how much the exersice(Go figure) The rest of the "races" fall into this cateory.

Transportaion:
Horses, and bikes Bikes are mostly used for travel as well as Marmas, a large Lizard like beast its slower than a horse but has more endurance.

Due mostly in part to personal matters The original rp titled "After Earth" died before it could reallly get all that far.
It was know best for its very original take on mages and its interesting plot line.
This would be about the 1st anivesary of the rp (and my leaving the forum). Hopefully this will get going agian and I can repay all the people who actualy wanted to keep the story moving.

This isn't your normal fantasy rp...

At first glance, this seems like a medieval kind of setting no electricity or guns or mechs, but people known as treasure hunters begin to find items like these and they usually sell them to the highest bidders. Because many of these items are so inivative and powerful they are beginning to fall into the hands of the powerful who are trying to gain more power, got that? Wars begin to be fought over good “hunting ground” the world once full of peace is now at the brink of a total world war!
But, (and here’s the zanny twist) this is our future. A future where all we know has been forgotten due to some cataclysmic apocalyptic event. This story really takes place about 5000+ years from now, and the people who survived this horrible time have birthed this new generation.

I'd tell you more but that would ruin it, heck I already said to much...

Curently we are trying to get more members to get this thing off the ground.
PMEmail PosterMSN
wapa
Posted: Apr 28 2005, 10:18 PM
Quote Post

Inquisitor

Here's my next bit of Work, which I feel the strange need to pimp:

Arn : Exiled

---------------------|Intro puff|----------------------------

The desert of Marl stretches through the interior of an entire continent, thousands of kilometres in which only the briefest specks of rain ever fall. Parched, hellishly hot in the day, freezing cold after dark…

And yet, rising out of the heat haze is a city, surrounded by lush farmland, thronging with people in defiance of all common sense. Irrigation canals fill the land around it, and at the very centre of the city is a lake. Overshadowing the buildings are gigantic, stone windmills – the only stone structures in this city of brick.

But at night, the city is made stranger still. The plants in the fields, the people, and the few animals all begin to dimly glow. The water shines brightly enough that glass jars of the stuff are used for lighting.

This is because the water, bubbling from the hundreds of hand-sized openings in the mills, is not water at all. It is a magical substitute for water that enables the city to survive in this waterless land. And this unwater vanishes the instant it gets too far from the last of the watermills, at the limits of the farmland…whether or not it’s inside a living thing. Because this is Arn, the great prison-city of the Marjh Empire. The ultimate solution to the problem of too many criminals, and too little space.

There are no guards, there are no walls. There is no need for them.

This is your home.

Who are you? The closest thing it has to the law.

The city, while rough, is by no means in lawless savagery. Most of the prisoners were simply in poverty, stealing to survive. Some of them were political, or deviant, or responsible for horrible accidents. Since nearly all of them are able to make a relatively decent living now, they have no need to break the law.

But some of them are worse. Psychopaths, rapists, kleptomaniacs…the list goes on. And humans being human, there is a need to deal with petty crime as well.

It is here that the bounty hunters, the Dogs, come in. People who supplement or even make their living from hunting down and punishing others. Or taking jobs for one of the city’s many factions, and their squabbles for power.

Punishments vary. Capturing a criminal, a Rabbit, is not so common as destroying or stealing their property, beating, maiming or even killing them, depending on the severity of their crimes. Arn can be a little rough.

Work poorly, and you yourself may play the Rabbit.

Work well, and you may become rich – as rich as an economy based on barter and IOUs allows. You may even get a chance to escape…

If you still want to...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genre: Manapunk Fantasy (magic is technology), Law Enforcement

Tone: Gritty and dark, especially after the latest few character submissions

Player Power: Mid to high - it's semi-GMed, with great potential for Substance to be injected but a reasonable amount of guidence from yours truly. Players have a great deal of freedom with character and plot creation.

Character Power: Middle to low to begin - it's possible to play characters who are technically more powerful than the others, but this is only by incurring Debts, which limit the character's actual power.

Game Status: Awaiting Launch; three characters have been approved, but a few more are needed before it starts

Joinability: Unlimited. New players may join at any time.

Current Participants:

Have Characters:

<3

JackAr34

Astorite

Have expressed an Interest to Join:

Context

SilverSeraph

Kinkou

BlankGravity

Linky
PM
RPF Reborn
  Posted: May 1 2005, 01:32 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 39791

Story Thread: Need More People
Disc/Rec Thread: Roots of Crime
Genre: 1920's Mafia
Story Start Date: Need more people, once there are at least 10 people
Tone: Dark, set in Seatle, A lot of Rainy, Dark Nights
Player Power: Medium-High, have control over what happens in Family-Family relations and interactions, GM's have control of Police actions, characters respond to police interaction. Characters also have control over their facilitie such as casinoes and craps games.
Character Power: Dependent on position in a Family
Status: Currently have 2 approved characters with a tentative 3 coming
Joining: Join at any time
GM's: RatPack Fiend and KatanaCowboy777

Introduction:

The 1920's have begun, and the issue of alcohol has taken reign in the United States. The government is overwhelmed by the rising problem. In response they declare a new law, prohibition. They believe that it will overall help the society, but prohibition has opened a door to a new realm of crime- The Mafia.

The story begins after the creation of prohibition and the start of the first generation of organized crime. There are two major families that are up and coming- the Cortivetta Family and the Veneritzi Family. Both families have been taking part in the creation of speakeasies, horse betting, and gambling. The two families have become rivals, and are consumed with competition.

Each person takes a role in either one of the families (mob bosses will be decided later). There are numerous possibilities in each family such as creating a casino, floating craps game, speakeasy, or anything else of the like. As well, one character may decide to double-cross his family, and join the other, or possibly form a family of their own by recruiting other people from either mob, or do anything else that they desire. Yet the families can't expect to be left alone to thrive. They both must deal with the heat, the police have been cracking down more and more since the re-creation of the mafia. As well, they must deal with the other family's competition.

If a family or character do not deal well with the police or are not careful enough with their business, they may get arrested and sent to prison where the story may continue where they can plan an escape or possibly pay off the guards to "accidentally forget to lock one door." Also, someone may need to go to court, and possibly skip prison by winning honestly or paying off the judge. The possibilities are vast.

Useful Information:
~Each family must keep up with the other by creating events to gain them popularity and respect.
~The families must both deal with the police smoothly so as not to be arrested.
~If arrested, the story continues, and the person must find a way out. (Guards and prison characters may be created if needed, and perhaps I will control some people for prisoners to interact with if they get arrested alone.)
~Any realistic mafia-like activity is allowed
~If anyone needs some characters to be created for their plot to work out, I will gladly control one if it is absolutely needed, as long as they don't add up to an unreasonable amount (PM me)
~Any police activity will be added by myself, how others deal with it is their choice.
~Anything may happen to your family, such as hospitalization and things of the like, in which case that character cannot do very much from a hospital room.
~Anything can happen to either family, so be prepared (nothing really stupid though like an Earthquake that kills everyone).
~Money spending can’t be unreasonable, people may borrow money from mob bosses if they need a lot though, such as for paying off judges or prison guards.
~You can have multiple characters as long as you keep up with the posting.

This post has been edited by RatPack Fiend on May 1 2005, 01:37 AM
PMEmail PosterAOL
Kage
Posted: May 12 2005, 01:59 PM
Quote Post

Victory Donut!

Title: Clique Wars: The Reckoning
Start Date: Sometime within the next two weeks for the DISC and maybe another week after that for the story itself.
Currently Active Players: No one dedicated as of yet.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy (Both magic and science exist). These are merely the primary genres, and the RP may expand farther as it goes on.
Mood: Generally fairly serious, but not without the potential for humor (it is, after all, a game based on exaggerated stereotypes).
GM: Kage, but there may eventually be more.
GMing: The GMing will focus on the world itself for the most part. Wars will start, and nations will go through tragedies and windfalls. Your characters will not always be the cause of these happenings (and some things may go completely unnoticed by anyone until your characters stumble upon it). That said, I might interfere directly with the lives of your characters if I feel that it proves necessary.
Who you are: Mercenaries, scientists, mages, blacksmiths, explorers, soldiers… with the exception of overly-powerful characters, you can have whatever occupation you please.
Power Level: Medium-Low. Characters have special abilities based on their race, but most won’t be able to stand against, say, a group of five moderately well-prepared soldiers.
Overview: After the Great Wars laid waste to much of the world several thousand years previous, the human race split into several different sub-species, based on the fact that people tend to associate with those who hold similar interests to their own. The races never seemed to forget the animosities carried over from even before the Great Wars, and several border disputes and wars of attrition were fought for these reasons. Due to this, the world has not been fully re-discovered, and a few brave explorers have gone off in search of a more peaceful existence, but few have ever returned.
Note: This RP does not take place on Earth but in a sort of paralell dimension where the main difference is geography (The histories are even fairly close, but only a few broken bits of historical reference made it through the Great Wars). Just thought I’d let you potential explorers know so you won’t go making assumptions about what you will find.
Transportation: Depending on the race, airships, cars, summoned creatures, mobile colonies, horses, and even running are acceptable forms of long-range transportation.
History of the Game: None (New game)
Current Status: If I get the number of players I want, this is going to be a very large endeavor. As such, I am currently collaborating with other RPers to build the world more completely before launching the DISC thread. The Pre-Disc is up though.

RACES
Nerds: Knowledge of Electronics/Cybernetics/Slight Telepathic and Telekinetic ability
Goths: Necromancy/Misc. 'Dark' Magic/Summoning/Offensive Poetry
Dorks: Elemental Magic/Summoning
Jocks: Super strength (think 'the Incredible Hulk')
Hippies: Ability to control their environment/can understand the language of other living things.
Gearheads: Much skill in 'basic' science/Innate ability to fix or jury-rig anything mechanical or electrical
Preps: Innate ability to haggle, barter, and otherwise persuade/Usually rich, resourceful, and cunning

IDEOLOGIES: (Ideologies recruit based on the recruit's ability to understand and act in the name of that ideology)

Monks (Seeking to know all about everything): Innate curiosity/Knowledge on several different subjects/Self mastery (in the form of Ki/Martial Arts)

NOTE: Monks are a ‘locked’ group as of the beginning of the game. This is because no one (save for myself) knows the location of their city, and to become a Monk, your character must prove themselves worthy of it.

The Coalition of Righteousness (Seeking to understand a single deity): Perform defensive 'miracles' (and despise all other metaphysical powers)/Believe that there is only one true ideology, as passed down in a book.

Punks (Seeking to keep the balance): Come to the aid of any race losing a war to keep the balance (hate authority)/Large information network/Good spies and assassins/the best bards in the land.

RULES:
Please use a spell/grammar-checker. I won’t berate you for innocent mistakes, but if your post makes my head hurt, you will get a warning. If you refuse to listen, I will make a giant dictionary fall from the sky, crushing the life out of your character (exceptions may be made to this rule in extremely unusual circumstances, but I doubt there will be any of those).

No God-modding. I am not above puppet-mastering your character if you do so.

No Deus Ex Machina unless it is exceedingly clever. If you don’t know what that means, look it up.

Please try to make all posts two paragraphs long. If you are in a dialogue and are waiting for another character to reply, don’t be afraid to write a synopsis of what your character is thinking at the time.

I don’t care what person or tense you write in. That said, if you take this to mean you can write in second-person future-tense, you may end up annoying the other players and the GM.

I don’t care if you take control of another person’s character for the sake of establishing a dialogue or some other such. If, however, the other player has a problem with the way you played their character, you will be asked to change the post. If that is not possible, the second party will re-post that part of the story, with changes in bold.

The Golden Rule: Have fun with this. That's what it's here for.

---------------------------------------------------------

These are the basics. When the Main Disc thread comes up, I will explain in more detail.

This post has been edited by Kage on May 12 2005, 06:56 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN
DolceVita
Posted: May 14 2005, 10:13 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 29445

Did you read much of this thread before posting? The title of the thread is "The Current Games on MT", meaning this is a place to pimp forum games on these boards only. People don't take very kindly to pimping games on other websites, so I don't suggest doing it.

Also, there are little "Edit" and "Delete" buttons on the top right-hand corner of your posts so you can make changes and not have to double post.
PMEmail Poster
Fei
Posted: May 15 2005, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Heh, I've got one: Poke'Mon RP

If anyone has been in one of my RP's or been one that I've been in then you probably know I'm not a big "planner", and the Poke'Mon world seemed like the perfect setting for my free-form kind of style.

It's pretty fun, actually. There is a loose storyline involving team rocket, and the overall goal for the player is to compete in tournaments and win Gym badges. (Me and Keyo are the GM's and gym leaders)

But other than that you are free to do as you please. Start off with a basic poke'mon and catch some more, rarer, ones. Check it out if you sound interested.
zthroo
  Posted: May 17 2005, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 39083

sorry I just don't like Poke'mon
D&D rox
PMEmail Poster
Falgor the Half Demon
Posted: May 17 2005, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 36361

Poke'mon sucks... I had to break away from the cutesy stuff and get real. Real strategic that is.

Title: Starcraft: Hybrid War
Genre: Sci-Fi
Currently Joined: Llewin and Shadowform
Technology: Futuristic blow-the-shit-out-of-everything stuff
Who thou art: The Terrans, Protoss, or Zergs, and each team has four, repeat it, FOUR classes to choose from. However, I'm changing that soon, but you'll have to bear with me on that.
GM: Falgor the Half Demon (just Falgor though), and I'm looking for a GOOD GM who'll help, not someone who wants to suck up.

Advice: Choose someone that best suits you. If you are unsure of something, don't be afraid to ask the GM about any of the class explanations. Surely, the GM WILL answer you, if not, the other players will be quick to help, and the GM'll explain more thoroughly.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Samu
Posted: May 18 2005, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

sorry I just don't like Poke'mon
D&D rox

Poke'mon sucks...

Nobody cares. Keep it clean and stick to your own games (ones that are playable on these boards). That is all.
E-l337
Posted: May 18 2005, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

Father of Death

Now, in the interest of keeping this thread somewhat on-track (and to possibly kill myself in the process), I give you The Terrafel Conflict.

Title: The Terrafel Conflict
Starting Date: Hopefully by the end of the week, if all else fails, by next monday (May 23)
Currently active players: None (several have signed up however)
Genre: Science Fiction Fantasy

Who you are: Either an offworlder of the planet Terrafel, or the Inhabitant of the planet

The story thus far: Planet Terrafel, a world of mystery. A newly discovered planet, where things are not as they seem. This world is supposedly underdeveloped, and yet, strange energy emanations that should not exist on the planet's surface radiate from it.

You are either one of those individuals already living on the planet's surface, or those who were unlucky enough to fall to the planet. For on Terrafel, not everything makes sense.

The Inhabitants have access to a strange magic they call "Emblems", and through these emblems, impossible things can occur: jets of water can erupt at the user's command, fireballs fly from their palms, and lightning can crackle at their fingertips. But what is really going on in this world?

Take on the role of your character, be it Inhabitant, Pirate, or Researcher, and make your destiny. Unveil the mystery of the planet... or create an easy life for yourself. It's all up to you. For in this world of Terrafel... you decide what to do with your life.

Style of GMing: Strict, yet loose. I give you the freedoms to help develop the world you live in, but on the other hand, there are certain plot implements I won't let you interfere with, as it would disrupt the game. I try to be as fair as possible, however. happy.gif

See you around...
ShadowForm
Posted: May 23 2005, 12:07 AM
Quote Post

3400 non-Central posts!

Member No.: 2496

QUOTE (Falgor the Half Demon @ May 18 2005, 02:36 AM)
and I'm looking for a GOOD GM who'll help, not someone who wants to suck up.

I would be willing either to co-GM, or to usurp your control if you dissappear.

Hello there. I can see that you would like to know who am, so I will begin by introducing myself. I am the Storyteller. Certainly I've been called other things in my life, but this seems to fit better than any other I've yet to hear. Yes, I know I look familiar to you. Maybe you have seen me before, sometime, somewhere. But no, you do not know me. Suffice it to say that I've been watching you for quite some time.

Now, what would you say if I were to tell you with a great deal of certainty that there were indeed other realities? I won't go into the details about this - truthfully, I'm not entirely sure how it works myself - but I can say for a fact that they do exist.
Now imagine, if you will, a world much like your own. The sun shines in the sky, the moon circles Earth, the tide rises and falls, and life continues much as it might here. There is, really, only one difference between these two worlds. In that world, the human subspecies with supernatural powers, colloquially known as 'Mutants' in the media, does not exist.

What? No no, don't misunderstand. You're still very much in your home reality. The only reason I tell you of this alternate world is to emphasize the fact that your powers are indeed a very special thing. Not everyone has them.

Yes, your powers. It's time for you to wake up, now, time to face a new day just like any other. Like any other, with just one difference...

Title: Of Mutants And Men (disc)
Genre: Superhero/Modern
Currently Joined:
Camala, Lancier, lunatix, Elcampbello, Dukat, Matev Kenas, Hell Wrath, katanacowboy777, RavenxDrake, <3
DolceVita, Ratpack Fiend, Ayane112, and SilverSeraph
Technology: Next year
Superpowers: ~Marvel universe level
Powers of the world:
Who you are: You are newly manifested mutants, still coming to terms with a life enhanced by your new powers.
GM: ShadowForm, naturally.

This post has been edited by ShadowForm on May 23 2005, 12:08 AM
PMEmail PosterAOL
Katana Cowboy
Posted: May 23 2005, 11:10 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 34218

http://forums.megatokyo.com/index.php?showtopic=1699082]Pirates[/URL]

Title: Pirates
Chapters: Zero, as of yet.
Start Date: None.
Currently Active Players: None.

Genre: Swashbuckling Adventure Fun!
Mood: Scary/Lighthearted. I'm hoping for Pirates of the Caribbean here.
Power Level: Combat-trained Sailors, mostly.

"Ay, me boy! Ye'll love it! Huntin' down scallawags, layin' down wenches, and chasin' down booty! There's no downside!"

And thus were many tricked into entering the world of piracy. The recruiters didn't explain the brutality, the long loneliness, or the danger. The babes and bucks were all they talked about. Some young lads joined and found they hated it, and soon left the business. Others couldn't leave. And others took to it like they were born to be pirates.

Yarr.

Oh, and by the way, no matter if Poke'mon in general sucks, the Poke'mon RP is just about the coolest thing since Poke'mon Snap. AND DO NOT TELL ME YOU DIDN'T LOVE IT BECAUSE THEN YOU ARE LYING!!

Wai~!

This post has been edited by katanacowboy777 on May 23 2005, 11:15 PM
PMEmail Poster
Crain
Posted: May 26 2005, 10:39 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 23688

RP:Mt summer beach party, At the (temporary) Mt summer beach house
What:Free form RP.
special notes:Timestamped untill saturday(05/27/05, 10:00pm EST.); untill then it's a pre-party set up.

Promoting the Mt summer beach party thread. feel like a free form RP to relax from all the rule laden and story driven RP's you've done lately. Well come on over to the beach house and have some fun with your fellow forumites. development and set up till saturday.
lunatix
Posted: Jun 13 2005, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

Returns

Member No.: 19639

Name: For Sale!
Chapters: None
Start Date: N/A
Currently active players: Manual, I think.

Genre: Intergalactic Hitchhiking
Mood: Comedic/lighthearted
Power Level: Hitchhikers
The Discussion Thread!

This is one of many stories about a book. In fact, it's the most remarkable book to ever come out of the great publishing corporations of Ursa Minor. Not only it it a wholly remarkable book, it is also a highly successfull one-more popular than the Celestial Home Care Omnibus, better selling than Fifty three more things to do in zero gravity, and more controversial than Oolon Colluphid's trilogy of philosophical blockbusters, Where God Went Wrong, Some More of God's Greatest Mistakes, and Who Is This God Person Anyway? In many of the more relaxed civilizations on the outer eastern rim of the galaxy, the Hitchhiker's Guide has already supplanted the great Encyclopedia Galactica as the standard repository of all knoledge and wisdom, for though it has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least wildly innaccurate, it scores over the older, more pedestrian work in two important respects. First, it is slightly cheaper; and second, it has the words DON'T PANIC inscribed in large friendly letters on it's cover.

It is also the story of one of it's researchers, a band of comrades in hitchhiking, a mismatched and potentially disasterous romance, and real estate agents, which all begins on a beautifull ocean world of sprawling beaches, extensive archipelagos, and crystal clear water in the Orion Nebula.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Cyberwolfe
Posted: Jun 15 2005, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 42169

Well I am told that "Pimping" my game here might help me find the players I need.

It is called "The Rouge Trder Incident"

Here is the begining
The place: Tau/Imperial border
The time: Post Damocles Gulf War
The Plot: All inclusive Invite to any and All Mercs By Certain Rouge Traders:

Mercenaries needed for Item Reclamation, Search and Destroy, Sabotage, and Shipment Protection Duties. Hazardous Duty Pay plus benefits and supply. Must be willing to participate in Boarding actions and Long Distance Warp Travel. If Interested contact Reginald Spotswood, Rouge Trader.

I can Take 1-4 more players before I just say fuck it and start. happy.gif
RPF Reborn
Posted: Jun 20 2005, 12:11 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 39791

Name: Falcon City
Chapters: starting Chapter 1
Start Date: June 19th for the story

Currently Active Players:
Dr. Fugitive
I-Be-Rahu
Llewin
Katanacowboy777
RavenXDrake
Wapa
Arsenal121
Keign
Ratpack Fiend (obviously me)

Status: There are enough people now, but you can never have too many. wink.gif

Genre: Hero/Villain
Mood: Pretty much everything
Power Level: Based on inhuman Powers (superpowers)

Falcon City [story]

[disc] Falcon City

Short Description (Longer Description in the Disc Thread):
Falcon City is the home of havok, heroes, and villains. Become a hero or villain your choice and help protect the city you love or wish to take over by fighting off and killing the monster and things of the like that attack Falcon City. Any powers are allowed, as long as there are no repeats, also small minions are allowed for each hero/villain. The twist in the game is that each week (every Saturday), a name is drawn at random and killed, or leaves the city, or any other way of leaving. Once your char is dead or gone, you may pm me and post as monster and city threats as I am doing as the GM. I'm not an asshole GM, so I promise this won't suck.

More people would be cool!

This post has been edited by RatPack Fiend on Jun 20 2005, 12:13 AM
PMEmail PosterAOL
Eela6
Posted: Jul 1 2005, 02:46 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 41903

I'd like to take a short moment to pimp Manuals...

The Exchange

GM: Manual

Currently Active People:

Manual

Panzeh

DragonWarrior

Cyberlance

Context

Kieth_Starwind

Eela6

Brief Description:

Think major politics, with dune-esque elements, hungry alien dragons, symbotic bacteria who specalize in nano-technology, human-hungry komonid, and... well, just read the intro post on the disc thread. Best of all, it's currently open for more players!

Genre: Sci Fi (space), light fantasty, politics.

Mood: Serious, but not dark. Light Humor.

Power level: This isn't an action thing. If there are fights... well, depends on who you are. Humans are going to get eaten alive (literally) by some races, but... in cases like that, you bring backup.
PMEmail Poster
RavenxDrake
Posted: Jul 9 2005, 12:48 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Title: Empyrean Veil
Discussion Thread: Empyren Veil: Beyond the 7th Seal Lies Destiny
Chapters and History: This is the First Chapter of a New World
Start Date: Not Set, Actively Recruiting
Game Master: RavenxDrake, though I'm more of a Guide, really.

Genre: Modern Earth Fantasy (Or Theological Fiction, if you prefer)
Mood: Serious
Powerlevel: High (Somewhere just above The Prophesy, to ballpark it)

Description:
Behold, mate, tha earth.
Fair sorry li'l mudball, i'n it.
I'm Virgil, yer guide to tha seedier parts 'o tha city an' to tha depths o' tha human soul. Yer a good bloke, I c'n tell. But ye'll need more than good looks an' a quick righ' hook. Well, yes, tha whole 'lobbing ruddy gread bits o' flaming death' helps, mate, but it's nae tha simple. There's more to what's goin' on than even you can deal with.
See, mate, you're wha' we call a Nerf... bit of a joke, really. Yer actually a Nephilim, bairn of a normal an' an etherial. Tha' means you've got whole "Phenominal Cosmic Power" thing goin' fer ya, which is a plus no matter how you look at it.
But... Ye've been flashy of late, mate. Sure it's great, hop through walls, peek in the ladies lou, that sort of thing. But ye've got to be careful. Cause we're not supposed to let the materials know abou' us. We're supposed to play it cool see.
No, actually, I don' think ye ken what I'm saying, see, cause I'm nae askin', mate. I'm tellin'. It's a long night ahead, and you don' want ter be makin' enemies this early in the game.
Ha ha, that's the ticket, me bucko. It's nice to see a man wi' a good head on his shoulders... So, let me be yer guide... Cause tonight, Sin is In. And so we begin...

Here is the earth, much as you know it. And here is New Arcadia, a city much like any other in the Middle of America. And here's the secret. Played out behind a Veil of secrecy, a veil that hides the truth from mortal eyes, the Etherial forces vie for the souls of men. The Elohim, heavenly agents of redemption, seek to preserve the Freedom of men, and to interceed on thier behaf against the forces of hell. The Daeva, ancestral tempters of man and demonic spawn, endeavour to drive mankind to it's darkest, reveling in each soul they bring to thier master's aid.

Here, in the Confines of New Arcadia, the battle for all mankind plays out amoung the very mortals it concearns, blissfully unaware of that thier Souls hang in the balance of a war they know nothing about.

The Veil of the Empyrean is parting...
Will you step through?
PMEmail PosterAOL
Marrowmeld
Posted: Jul 9 2005, 08:13 PM
Quote Post

Philosopher Koala

Member No.: 14390

Well, I decided that this would be a good place to advertise, so here's my advertisement. smile.gif

Title: Redemption Is A Choice

Discussion Thread: Click this!

Start Date: Not defined yet, still recruiting

GM: Me! (Marrowmeld)

Genre: Fantasy/survival/action

Mood: Serious, but with opportunities for comic relief

Committed Players:
Outlaw JT
Tormented_Soul

Awaiting Characters From:
breakdown1
redemptionofsouls

Power Level: Medium, most characters would be able to handle themselves fairly well in a one-on-one or two-on-one fight, but if there were to face a squad of well-trained soldiers, the soldiers would definitely win

Short Description: Imagine that the world's problems had just escalated to dire proportions and things were not looking too good. All of a sudden nuclear missiles are flying across the world and panic hits the streets. In the face of this impending disaster you decide to face your fate on your feet with dignity. Or maybe you don't. The next thing you know, you're quickly losing consciousness. Then everything goes black.

When you wake up, you find yourself face first on a forested floor. Standing up, you find yourself surrounded by at least a hundred people who in turn are circled by a group of men and women in robes. You begin to wonder where you are. Are you dead? You don't feel dead. A woman walks forward and begins to talk. You have no idea what she's saying and it doesn't sound even similar to anything you've ever heard. You have found yourself in the world of Menoria.

This RP takes places 20 years after the arrival of the Earth Humans. The Earth Humans have all been slowly losing contact with eachother, it is now at the point where any given Earth Human only knows where a handful of other Earth Humans are. In essence, if something happened to a hundred of the other Earth Humans, the rest still would not know. All the remaining Earth Humans have been called to the Menorian capital, Galladel, to meet with the Council. Many things have happened and it is time for the Earth Humans to learn about them.

This post has been edited by Marrowmeld on Jul 9 2005, 08:14 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Tormented_Soul
Posted: Jul 13 2005, 10:13 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 19265

Here's my newest game for the racks around here.

GM: Tormetned_Soul

Title: The Better Mouse Trap[disc/rec] and [story]

Chapters: 1] Forest of Raiders

Start Date: July 13, 2005

Currently Active Players: ZakDelaO, Phagin, redemptionofsouls, Morbidicum, (and the possible players: SilverSheraph, SalusSpade_PPAS, and Marrowmeld)

Genre: Fantasy, D&D based.

Mood: generally it will have a dark mood to it, but will have periods of light hearted rejoicing.

Power Level: well this is D&D, so he character will start out just a little stronger than average people, but will grow in power as things progress.

Overview: It is starting out with pest control, and milder themes, but can extend to overthrowing the corrupt government, or starting wars, or climbing the social ladder to take a strangle hold on the kingdom of Liethnaught. It is really up to the decisions of the players as to what goes on in the game. I have the background plot in mind, and working cleanly, but the players can change things in time.

History: It has just started today.

Current Status: It just started today.
PMAOL
Ryth
Posted: Jul 21 2005, 09:55 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 42209

I think it would be a good idea to pimp my RPG here since it already sunk into the 2nd page the first day I created the disc thread.

GM: Ryth
Title: Kay’goss
Start Date: Not yet, waiting for people to get hooked at the recruiting thread.
Currently Active Players: None even interested yet.
Genre: Sci-fi warfare with a supernatural element (not quite fantasy).
Mood: May became an amalgamation of serious, dramatic and comedic (or at least lighthearted). I plan it perhaps to be a little slow in intervals between battles to encourage character development.
Power Level: Special Forces soldiers possessing near superheroish abilities.
Description: As I posted in the disc/rec thread:
This is a sci-fi warfare RPG set in a quasi-fantasy world setting with opposing forces each possessing certain supernatural powers. You will take the role of one (or possibly more) representative(s) of a race and battle against your enemy. At first I, the GM, will give missions to each opposing force and join in with a character or more to guide you through. However, as the plot progresses, I look forward to give space to each of your characters for their own personal storylines that will go parallel with the main one.

The discussion thread also includes an intro.

It’s not all done yet and perhaps by the look of the thread’s 1st post I may not seem like such a good writer but I would like to say that, if people do get interested, I am ready to dedicate myself on developing and guiding this RPG till the very end of the story.
And I already stated various reasons why I didn’t include all the information to the thread yet, so all I got left to say is that, if it doesn’t get appreciated by enough people, I guess all I’m currently writing for it won’t be worth the effort at all, so please give it a shot and at least read it through.
PMEmail PosterAOL
DragonMan
Posted: Jul 23 2005, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 40195

This is my third attempt of getting an RP started here, and I just got the story thread up.

[party] laugh.gif WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT!!! laugh.gif [/party]

Ahem, anyways.

DM: DragonMan.
Title: The Mansion
Story start date: Today
Active players: None currently, the story thread just started.
Genra: Horror
Style: Weird-shit-happening scary, slowly escalating into "get-me-the-fuck-out-of-here".
Power level: Unrealized powers becoming blatantly obvios, so scaling.
Description: People, who are broke, get invites to a study going on in a 16th century mansion. The problem is: the House is huanted.
PMEmail Poster
yalborap
Posted: Jul 25 2005, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

roleplaying postwhore extraordinare

Member No.: 26515

Well, I suppose now is the time to pimp my own game.

Name: Nosgoth- The Razielim's revenge.

Setting/genre: Fantasy, Soul Reaver universe.

Active players: Not a damn one at the moment.

Plot overview: The short version, a razielim wants Kain dead after his clan's leader was killed, and all but a lucky few of the clan were struck down as well.

Style: Relatively freeform with a focus, lots of potential killing.

Power level: Medium, I suppose. The characters are vampires, so they can do a hell of a lot, but they don't really have magic or anything.

So, anybody interested?
PMAOL
Wonder Chicken
Posted: Jul 26 2005, 01:05 AM
Quote Post

~Makoto's Way~

Guess it's time to pimp my game too!

Title: Terra Complex - World's Collide

Genre: Paranormal/Hi-Fi Universe - Plenty of Magic and Mysticism.
Setting: Earth and Esercia; nations, creeds, and ideologies at war.
Players: ???
Story: While the worlds are at war and heroes are made, the players begin to learn of sinister plots fermenting on both worlds. The sinister plots ultimately lead to something much more dangerous - and threatens to destroy all.
RP Style: Freeform with important focus for major events.

Power Level: The GM is God. You are mortal despite all your abilities. You've been warned.

If anybody want's to help me run the show, let me know.
PM
redemptionofsouls
Posted: Jul 27 2005, 10:10 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 42788

Title: Magic the gathering rpg

Genre: fantasy with a twist.
Setting: Tinoth
Players: ????
Summary:In the struggle for power there are those that fail and are forever forgotten and there are those that succeed and live forever. which will you be in Tinoth?
RP Style:freeform, close to max. player control

GM: Redemption of souls
GM power level: total.
PMEmail Poster
Last of Fallen
Posted: Jul 29 2005, 08:01 PM
Quote Post

Title: Seeds For You And Me [disc/rec]
Start Date: As soon as enough players join up.
Currently Active Players: Context, Redemptionofsouls, Last of Fallen

Genre: Horror, philosophy.
Mood: Frightening, thoughtful.
Power Level: 5

Overview: Something has happened. Is it evolution, or revolution?
History: Your character has come to a precipitous moment in their life, and part of their soul's been eaten.
Current Status: Very promising.

This post has been edited by Last of Fallen on Jul 29 2005, 11:32 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN
Kage
Posted: Aug 7 2005, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Victory Donut!

Title: A.H.S. (Revenge)
Start Date: 5 Aug.
Currently Active Players: Elcampbello, Wonder Chicken, Tormented_Soul, Madogu Abuser, Last of Fallen, PaoRou-sama, Arsenal 121, Lunatix, viciv (Formerly Known as KunojiLym), Eela6, Ryth
People Who Might Play: Context, CyberLance, Yalborap, Samu, Ghoti_Ghreye, TracerBullet, Fei, ChaoticAtomBomb, Zeth

Genre: Crazy anime-cliche based fun at a high school. Mages, mercenaries, mad scientists, ninja, magical girls, soldiers, mech pilots, etc. welcome.
Mood: Lighthearted fun, at least for now.
Power level: We don't have any Gods attending this school... yet.

Overview: Learn what it takes to survive in the Anime world. Occult studies, Mech Piloting, Alchemy, and Improbable (mad) Science are just a few of the classes taught. Now, due to popular request, the A.H.S. students live in dorms.

History of the Game: This is the third iteration of A.H.S. The first was run by Kieth_Starwind, who tried to force his players to do things they didn't want to do. The second was run by me, overloaded on characters, and collapsed under its own weight. This one is running at a much saner pace, which is good.

Current status: Promising, and not as insanely large and fast as last time.

This post has been edited by Kage on Aug 7 2005, 07:28 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN
Marrowmeld
Posted: Aug 25 2005, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

Philosopher Koala

Title: Artoka's Restoration
[DISC] Thread: Artoka's Restoration
[STORY] Thread: Hasn't been posted yet.
GM: Keign
Current players: PaoRou-Sama, Marrowmeld, Context
Power Level: At the moment, we are at a relatively low power level. A bit more powerful than the average person, but seemingly not a whole lot more.
Story: Ages upon ages ago, the world was filled with magic, a power given to the world by a set of magical stones. Eventually, havoc was wreaked upon the world by this magic. The stones disappeared and so did magic. About a hundred years ago, magic resurfaces, bringing about a new generation of Mages. The government of the known world eventually developed a set of its own powers and bestowed them upon those that the Government chose. They were called the Hunters. What did they hunt? Mages. Most, if not all, of the Hunters carry a deep disregard for magic and those who use it. It is their goal to eradicate all Mages from the face of the Earth. Choose a side: Embrace great power and risk it all, or pledge yourself to the end of apocalyptic danger.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Majeh
Posted: Aug 25 2005, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 44175

That sounds fun marrrowmeld ill play!
PMEmail PosterYahoo
wapa
Posted: Aug 27 2005, 12:06 AM
Quote Post

Inquisitor

That sounds fun marrrowmeld ill play!

...in which case you should go into the [disc] thread. There's really no need to post anything other than pimps in this thread and we don't want it to become cluttered.

Remember: Before every post, think twice. This isn't MTC tongue.gif
PM
Darshendros
Posted: Aug 30 2005, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 44324

Title: The Island
Thread: [disc/rep] / [story] (not created yet)
Genre: Modern RP
Requirements: A sense of humor.

Summary: You're a passenger on a cruise ship called The Minnow taking a week-long cruise around the Caribbean. If you're one of the five prize winners, you're in for an extra treat.

This RP is a Gilligan's Island parody, and is meant to be fun. Check out the [disc/rep] thread if you're interetsed.
PMEmail Poster
Fei
Posted: Sep 17 2005, 10:29 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

HarHar! Atomic Vinegar HarHar!

Genre: ...Comedy?
Requirments: A working knowledge of American and/or Japanese and/or British icons.

Story: There is none! Not that I didn't make one, but because I'll never make one!

Check it out.
Agent Smith
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 08:15 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 44240

Title: The Eternium
Thread :(disc) The Eternium
genre: modern rp but with old school fighting
Requirements: the ability to DO AS I SAY! lol and good writing style aswell.
GM:Me!
Summary: there is a world, and on that world, one continent, and on that continent, two nations. these nations have been warring on and off for over a millenia with death tolls in the millions. Both sides want to end it, with the other utterly destroyed. One is the Kingdom of Light, an almost carefree kingdom, if not for the wars, and the Empire of the Eternium, a hard, very militaristic nation with the dread mage the Dark Wraith ruling the people with an iron fist. check it out if it works the way i want it to, it'll be great!
power level: pretty high each choice of character has some great skills.
people playing:animegirlhowdy, Anersal 121, Bobsagat and i need one person more at least to be the tough-as-nails princesses finace.

This post has been edited by Agent Smith on Sep 18 2005, 08:16 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
PaoRou-sama
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 32048

My mistake for not putting a [disc] in the thread name.
Requiem: Chaos Undivided

genre: occult, post-apocalyptic world with mythologies and spirits coming back to life, quite pessimistic and disturbing. suggested for players who can stand disturbing mental images.

Requirements: Your imagination, joining in, and knowledge of basic arithmetics for the essence pool system.

Summary: The old world of earth is gone. After a ritual simply known as 'The Event', the apiritual and material realm have fused together quite violently. Now that the world is pretty much destroyed, the surviving humans face immortal spirits who only see them as a source of energy. They however, have gained their own powers, being able to summon virtual entities which resemble man's old lore to fight daemons, cultists and divine spirits who now fight the eternal war here on destroyed earth. As one of the mortal survivors, what do you do now? As one of the immortal warriors, will you last?

syste: Uses the essence pool system to give everyone an equal fighting chance against each other. Quite wordy, but the rules really only require basic arithmetics.

power level: depends on how much essence pool you'll attain. essence is your 'life' or your 'mana' in this rp. GMs and Arbiters have strict rules against instigating fights against players. Anyone who wishes to apply as an Arbiter pm me.

people playing: Me, niohsama, xzlashed. I seriously need more people for this grim RP.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
RavenxDrake
Posted: Oct 16 2005, 12:54 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Title: Empyrean Veil
Discussion Thread: Empyren Veil: Beyond the 7th Seal Lies Destiny
Chapters and History: This is the First Chapter of a New World
Start Date: October 17, Actively Recruiting atm
Game Master: RavenxDrake, though I'm more of a Guide, really.

Genre: Modern Earth Fantasy (Or Theological Fiction, if you prefer)
Powerlevel: High (Somewhere just above The Prophesy, to ballpark it)

Description:
Behold, mate, tha earth.
Fair sorry li'l mudball, i'n it.
I'm Virgil, yer guide to tha seedier parts 'o tha city an' to tha depths o' tha human soul. Yer a good bloke, I c'n tell. But ye'll need more than good looks an' a quick righ' hook. Well, yes, tha whole 'lobbing ruddy gread bits o' flaming death' helps, mate, but it's nae tha simple. There's more to what's goin' on than even you can deal with.
See, mate, you're wha' we call a Nerf... bit of a joke, really. Yer actually a Nephilim, bairn of a normal an' an etherial. Tha' means you've got whole "Phenominal Cosmic Power" thing goin' fer ya, which is a plus no matter how you look at it.
But... Ye've been flashy of late, mate. Sure it's great, hop through walls, peek in the ladies lou, that sort of thing. But ye've got to be careful. Cause we're not supposed to let the materials know abou' us. We're supposed to play it cool see.
No, actually, I don' think ye ken what I'm saying, see, cause I'm nae askin', mate. I'm tellin'. It's a long night ahead, and you don' want ter be makin' enemies this early in the game.
Ha ha, that's the ticket, me bucko. It's nice to see a man wi' a good head on his shoulders... So, let me be yer guide... Cause tonight, Sin is In. And so we begin...

Here is the earth, much as you know it. And here is New Arcadia, a city much like any other in the Middle of America. And here's the secret. Played out behind a Veil of secrecy, a veil that hides the truth from mortal eyes, the Etherial forces vie for the souls of men. The Elohim, heavenly agents of redemption, seek to preserve the Freedom of men, and to interceed on thier behaf against the forces of hell. The Daeva, ancestral tempters of man and demonic spawn, endeavour to drive mankind to it's darkest, reveling in each soul they bring to thier master's aid.

Here, in the Confines of New Arcadia, the battle for all mankind plays out amoung the very mortals it concearns, blissfully unaware of that thier Souls hang in the balance of a war they know nothing about.

The Veil of the Empyrean is parting...
Will you step through?

This post has been edited by RavenxDrake on Oct 16 2005, 12:55 AM
PMEmail PosterAOL
jargon
Posted: Oct 19 2005, 04:54 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 2331

Title: Errantos
Discussion Thread:Here
Start Date:Oct 11 2005
Power level: Low

It is hard to explain, describe or summerise this Rp. The characters, who were lost at sea and now find themselves on a strange shore have no idea where they are or what is going and that is how I want to keep the players. I'm holding back information so it will not bias character design or how the character acts in the opening posts.
The characters will meet other characters and incounter various fantasy beasts and monsters but they don't know that is going to happen. I will explain things as needed in the Disc.

The character's will also disover that they have gained power's, these will be important o the story.

Though it may seem like it at first this is not some 'Lost' rip off.
PMEmail Poster
Keita-chan
Posted: Oct 19 2005, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 13438

RPG Title: FLCL - A Return to Mabase
Link: DISC and RECR thread
Start Date: We'll start when we have enough players.
Genre: Sci-Fi / Fantasy
Mood: Not very serious
Power Level: Anywhere between 40 and 60, maybe a bit higher. (This assuming 50 is "Average.")

Description / Storyline:

Nothing amazing happens here. Everything is ordinary.

Mabase is an ordinary town, with ordinary people, living ordinary lives. But maybe...just maybe...something can happen to some of those ordinary people. Something extrordinary.

(Lame tagline I know, but it's FLCL...how much of a storyline do you really need?)

This post has been edited by Keita-chan on Oct 19 2005, 12:33 PM
skedy
Posted: Oct 24 2005, 01:28 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 45562

Title: War of Nations

Composer: TBA

Status: Well established but some more players would be nice

Genre: er...I'll call it Speculative Fiction minus the social commentary

Comments:
Can't fathom why nobody has 'pimped' TBA's War of Nations yet. Really it's just another two nations, epic war overly dramatic war fanfic...well that's what the players have made it newaiz. That's not a bad thing that's just my way of describing it. Really it one of those things where you have the GM, TBA, who presents a nicely detailed setting for his players and proceeds to manage it. The GM runs the big plot that sculpts the future of his world and the players have to get permission to interact with this plot but the beauty of this thread is the freedom.

Players are free to concieve and develope their own plots that will take their characters through the world and explore all its details and the things that make it fun and interesting to play in. The twist in War of Nations is magic. It's a WWI to WWII style techonology between two nations, there are planes and machine guns but they are rare and kinda new. The difference from all those WW fanfic style RPs is the fact the magic has become a corrupted weapon employed by specialist soldiers. The power of the magi has decreased significantly with the rise in technology but it still provides a much needed twist to the thread that provides a hint of fantasy in the war torn world.

So yeh, that's my attempt to talk up the RP a little bit. I'm not one to comment on how good I think something is, quite the contrary, but I think this thread has some serious potential and is desperately in need of some new players. But I must say it requires a commitment and you would be wasting your own and everbody else's time if you sign up and aren't prepared to put that in. Hehe, TBA's gonna want to hit me...teehee.

War of Nations - Disc/Rec. Thread

This post has been edited by skedy on Oct 24 2005, 01:29 AM
PMEmail PosterMSN
Wonder Chicken
Posted: Oct 25 2005, 09:59 PM
Quote Post

~Makoto's Way~

Title: Nations of Ellandrose
Genre: High Fantasy nation building RP
Start: When enough folks have showed up
Link:Nations of Ellandrose Disc/Rec Thread

Description:

The Colonian Empire that once ruled much the known of Ellandrose has fallen. 200 years have passed and now the world is up for grabs!

The survivors have come out of two hundred years of shock and darkness to emerge in a new world where they must lead their nation to newfound glory, or follow the ancient Empire to the grave. This is a game for running a nation - building roads, gathering resources, recruiting soldiers and joining the great game of international diplomacy (whether by words or arms).

Build alliances and enemies, send your armies rolling over that neighbor with a shiny mine brimming with gold or arrange clever marriage alliances that result in an expanding kingdom.

So, will you continue to be a lowly peasent?

Or will you make an empire that espouses of wealth and power?

It's up to you now.
PM
wolfboy
Posted: Oct 26 2005, 02:39 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 39871

oh blast it wonder chicken, i was hoping your wing commander game could kick back off, ah well

PMEmail Poster
Katana Cowboy
Posted: Oct 26 2005, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 34218

Um, wolfboy, don't post in this thread unless you're actually pimping. Otherwise, look, don't touch.

Thank you!

Wai~!
PMEmail Poster
Marrowmeld
Posted: Jan 5 2006, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Philosopher Koala

Title: Old Blood
Discussion/Recruitment Thread: [Disc/Rec] Old Blood
Genre: Dark Fiction
Power Level: Above Average, but most non-human things encountered will be at least as powerful as each individual character.
Start Date: No official start date as of yet. Waiting for at least 5 players.
Brief Summary: There are few places which are safe from the Creatures of the Dark. The ages, however, have been enlightening. They have taught Humankind one valuable lesson which has safeguarded them or centuries: Ignorance. But what happens when the very device which has kept you alive then turns its face? That's when the Creatures of the Dark discover you.

This RP takes place in the modern day world with one exception: dark things are walking the night. Your characters will be newly risen vampires who are, for the first time, experiencing a world thought only to exist in legend.

Come and join the fun. cool.gif
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Kage
Posted: Jan 30 2006, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Victory Donut!

Title: Welcome to Hogwarts
Disc/rec thread: Here.
Genre: Fantasy/School/Shameless fan-RP
Mood: Wherever the story takes us.
Power level: Medium-Low. You begin as first-year students of magic, so you won't be able to do that much damage... yet.
Start Date/Status: I WANT MORE PLAYERS! (But if I don't get any, it'll probably start this weekend. Feel free to join up after the Story thread starts.)
Brief Summary: This RP takes place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Our story takes place ten years before Harry Potter attended the school, but it does move in general continuity with the series. You are students. I don't think I really need to explain in depth.
GMing: I will occasionally harass you if you think you can be good at everything, and I will take care of some of the bigger plot twists. I might also yell at you if you blatantly break the rules of RP in general. Feel free to add stuff to the plot though. I know I don't have everything planned.
Current Players: Drake nalio, Dr.Fugitive, Elcampbello, PaoRou-sama, Beta Version X, Last of Fallen, AsianHobo7
PMEmail PosterMSN
Nightbird
Posted: Mar 11 2006, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 38159

Name: Raiders of a Lost Age

Players Needed: 3-5 more

Story: The world has come to a crashing end, technology is obsolete, civilization in ruins. The gods of all the ancient civilizations have arisen anew to claim the world as their own. The Earth is their battle field, humanity their chess peices. Now, 30 years later, a group of recruits with a mutual interest in the "why" search for answers in a God ridden, myth infested, land of swords, sorcery, and cookies!

Disc Thread: Here!

Genre: Fantasy with a technological twist here and there

Mood: Happy for the most part, but may get darker as things progress.

Current Players: Nightbird, Blank_Gravity, Greanor, Strike5, Aratar, Wolf_Spirit, Keign.

I am a fairly new GM and I am co-gming with Blank_Gravity, a much more capable GM then me, but lazier. We will be supervising this thread and we are VERY picky with our players. Giving us a BS character sheet WILL get you on our bad side very quick.
Cliche characters will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.
PMEmail PosterMSN
death_despair
Posted: Mar 16 2006, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 49373

Title: Project Slipstream

Start Date: Depends on if people bite. Hopefully soon.

Currently Active Players: Right now, only the_new_guy and the humble grasshopper.

Genre: Sci-Fi, Horror, Action

Mood:Suspensful, scary

Power Level: Above average

Overview: A colony on some far away planet is suspected of coming under attack by terrorists while testing a prototype teleportation device. You're squad (an elite anti-terrorist group) is sent to kill the terrorists and recover the device. However, upon arriving, they discover that the colony sure as hell wasn't attacked by terrorists. This game doesn't take any crap from the characters. You screw up, you die.
History: Since it hasn't started, not much.
Current Status: Recruiting

This post has been edited by death_despair on Mar 16 2006, 07:32 PM
PMEmail Poster
Dr.Fugitive
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 19053

Title: PSYCHE
Discussion/Recruitment Thread: [Disc] PSYCHE
Genre: Varies
Mood: Varies
Power Level: Varies
Start Date/Status: Waiting on a couple more players before specifics are unvieled.
Brief Summary: The game takes place with in Psyche, the imaginary world of the GM. The location stays the same, changing the setting and characters to how the GM sees it. Each Chapter is designed to be a short, self contained story the completion of which leads to the next chapter and a new GM.
It should prove to be an interesting experience, getting to see how many GMs work in little snippets. A GM magazine if you will.
Current Players: Dr.Fugitive (first GM), Kage, Kawaii Catboy, Last of Fallen, TracerBullet.

Interested? Give it a look.
Not interested? Give it a look anyway. Probably a better explaination in the Disc.
PMEmail Poster
akirasfriend
Posted: May 14 2006, 06:43 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 50029

Title: True Colours
Discussion/Recruitment Thread: Linkage
Genre: Future world/Political
Mood: Apocalyptic Sci-fi
Power Level: I are God. Remember that.
Start Date/Status: Start date- Tuesday 16th May (Subject to change)
Brief Summary: Four world superpowers are on the verge of nuclear war.
The fate of the world is in your hands. Who wins, who loses, who survives?
You must decide!
Remember kids, this ain't a zombie-hacker, or a warlocks & wizards thing.
Your character is a normal guy. How they affect the world around them...
Well, its up to me, you and fate.
Interested? Then sign up! Your faction needs you!
Current Players:
-russianwolf
-Spine Transfer
-St. Jim
PMEmail PosterAOL
CraigtheCommie
Posted: May 20 2006, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 50942

Title: Eye of the beholder
Genre: Modern
Power Level: Low (you're only humans...)

Waiting for people to join.
PMEmail Poster
Dark Assassin
Posted: Jul 3 2006, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 50632

Name: Flames of Sorrow
Power Level: Will begin low but I will tell when there can be advances of power in the story at appropriate times.
Start Date: Let me get some people first, then we'll talk.
Summary: In the world there are four empires. One month ago, tension between the empires snapped and now they set out to crush one another...but is there something else going on that no one else sees? Pick your side. Pick you friends, foes, and maybe even lover. The war has begun...and it might end in tragedy.
PMEmail PosterMSN
SilverSeraph
Posted: Jul 4 2006, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 22082

Well. Here I am again, lol. I suppose some sort of explaination is needed since I said I wouldnt be truly active yet.

This is a short preview/teaser to give you an idea of what ive been working on in my brief retirement from this place. (As you can see, I am incapable of escaping my addiction to this place. Even self imposed exile wasnt enough.)

The following game proposal is a work in progress, and is submitted for the sake of my own sanity and in the comming weeks/days? I will attempt to gather myself enough time to actually get a disc thread up. I have no internet connection of my own yet, but once again I managed to find an Internet cafe within close enough distance that I may find myself active again sooner than I anticipated.

Thanks ahead of time for understanding and bearing with me. I hope this idea is worthy of the imagination the people here impress me with on a daily basis.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Maveric Hunters: Viral Genesis

Genre: This is not the megaman world you remember. The setting is the futuristic world of 25XX, where Human, Robot and Reploid exist together in strained harmony.

Mood: Dark and Serious. This isnt a Nintendo game.

Power Level: Medium. Although the players will have significant power, they will also have significant drawbacks... and their enemies are just as powerful. Not to mention that the Maveric Hunters are accountable for destruction caused in the pursuit of their mission, meaning intelligent use of tactics will be more important than who has the biggest gun.

Start Date: Tentatively unknown, but hopefully within the next 2 weeks.

Summary: The world is a marvel of technology. Advanced in almost every field of study and science, the world of today is amazing and frightening. Humans pursue art, language, and more cerebral/intellectual pursuits while the hard labor or tedious tasks are handled by the less intelligent, but specially designed Robot work force. Highly advanced Artificial beings known as Reploids are produced in massive numbers to fill the grey areas in between the two, and are more human than Robots, but mechanical in nature.

Plot: The story revolves around the Maveric Hunters. A group of Reploids commissioned and designed for the express purpose of capturing or destroying any Reploids or Robots that for whatever reason begin disobeying their programming, otherwise known as "Maverics". Although primarily Reploids, the Maveric Hunters Employ specialized Robots and highly trained humans as well. Most times the cause of a Robot or Reploid going Maveric is traced back to a deadly entity known as a Living Virus. These beings were once Reploids, but some unknown effect alters their programming and abilities, enabling them to override the Operating system of other Robots or Reploids and infect them with their will.

It has been over 10 years since the last Living Virus rose to threaten the peace, and the Maveric Hunters have grown to enjoy the relative quiet. All of that is about to change.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it. From the twisted inner workings of my mind, to the auspicious forums of Megatokyo, I will once again attempt to stamp my insanity into the minds of a few more unknowing players. Perhaps my own virus will spread... who knows.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments about this proposal, since PM is really the only way Im going to get the message for now.

GAME ON!

This post has been edited by SilverSeraph on Jul 4 2006, 11:50 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
Hell Wrath
Posted: Jul 4 2006, 11:40 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 39084

Name: HellZone: Invasion

is up. Need more players to start this thing up.

Genre: Futuristic SciFi

Mood: Mildly Serious

Power Level: Medium. Players will have a considerable amount of control. People woll be able to be powered past that of an avrage human and will be able to make their own weapns. Tactic and choices will play a big role with what one chooses can effect everyone.. Death can and may happen though.

Start Date: When ever i get around 5-10 players. I'm hopefully looking for it to begin in about a week or less time. It really all just depends.

Summary: Ok here we go! The year is 2567. Man has been colinizing the planets and moons of other world for the past three centuries. A race of human beings that once were thought to have been killed in a war has returned, with a vengence. They have began a campaign that will rid the universe of the lower beings of man as they say. The first part of the rp will take place on an outer colony of Epsilon.

Well there we go. Hope you enjoy!
PMEmail PosterYahoo
RPGpsycho
  Posted: Jul 7 2006, 02:35 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I don't understand what's going on, will someone explain it in a way that a "retard" would understand it?
Keyo
Posted: Jul 7 2006, 04:12 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 12979

Rabid Monkeys have taken over the International Space station and are plotting to use the Hubble Telescope as a super lazer and destroy all of Greenland.

However, an elite task force has been deployed to stop them, consisting of Hugh Heffner, Hillary Clinton, a pot of clotted cream, and Dick Van Dyke. They are to be lead by David Hasselhoff and will hopefull be able to stop the Monkeys.

However, the Monkeys unfortunatly keep playing their music, even worse now that they are Rabid, and the team's Spaceship is having problems getting past 'Hey Hey We're the Monkeys'.

We're trying to figure out how to get by it.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
russianwolf
Posted: Jul 11 2006, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 49164

I never thought I would be doing this for this Rp, it is one of the oldest RP's in the RPG forum, it was made before this disc of Current Rp's in the forum. please in joy the story. happy.gif

Name: Welcome to Dead World [Chapter 1]

Genre: Sci-Fi/ Horror

Mood: Mildly Serious

Power Level: Medium to High. Players will have a considerable amount of control/power of abilities. People will be able to be powered past that of an average human and will be able to make their own weapons of choosing, the weapons have to be approve by the Gm, Death can happen at any time. Orbs are a power source in the story from defeating evil daemons they can increase your physical power and mental power of the human ora.

Start Date: when we have 5 to 9 players

Summary: The year is 2009 three years after the plague. Man has been infected and turned, the planet is in chaos and darkness has engulfed the earth. it seems that nothing can do any good, then suddenly a group forms to defeat this evil my have die you are in America Upstate New York that small group has formed from international soldiers from Russian, National Guard, civilians and a priests little did the group know in the beginning that the preacher was a fallen God from hell his brothers have caused Earth to become hell with endless zombies and daemons to consume the once peaceful people of the world. The Gods of Meldar have grown worried that the darkness will stay so they acted by awaking the Legendary Earth and Flame spirits, they have the power to destroy a god but have acted as the hand of god instead. They have chosen two body’s a human and a animal to destroy the evil of the planet.

I part to the players fall upon a city that they sense it has an evil ora of deaf they have meet one person that is from the city, he hasn’t seen living people in 3 years and has shifted through the city from the zombies and daemons. This may be the resting place of the fallen one of the eastern United States of America if the Fallen one be their and be destroyed there may be a chance of life returning to the eastern US.

This post has been edited by russianwolf on Jul 11 2006, 11:48 AM
Unyin
Posted: Jul 11 2006, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 52551

Now, I haven't posted anything on this campaign, but if you guys think it's cool, then i'll carry it out.

Constructive criticism very welcome!

Name: Scarred: Vengeance

Genre: Supernatural/hell/technomage/horror

Mood: Very dark (think rated MA for extreme violence and adult themes)

Power level: starting very low (average human), by the end the characters should be more or less mortal gods.

Start date: when we have at least 3 players (I'm hoping for 5, but more are acceptable...)

Summary: This takes place in an alternate reality, set about 20 - 30 years into the future. The barrier between the third and fourth realms (hell and our world) is much weaker than it would seem. This allows demons (yes... that includes the tentacle kind and everything that goes with them), supernatural entities, and other strange creatures (i.e. vampires, lycanthropes, etc.) to pass through to our world, if only for a short time. The characters hold a grudge against the extremely powerful tentacle demon, La-tha'intos. A series of events has brought them together (I'll figure something out once I've assembled the party), and now they hunt the demon as a team.

umm, yeah - that's about it, for now...
PMEmail Poster
The Humble Grasshopper
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

KOTOKO says, "Ohayou~"

Group: Mafiosi
Member No.: 49114

Unyin - We don't 'approve' or 'disapprove' with any story in these forums. Post a preview and I'll be glad to offer as much input as I can. It seems fairly genaric, but you never know; you might get unexpected support.
PMEmail Poster
cranston
Posted: Jul 13 2006, 02:34 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 43588

I'm currently sourcing for one, and only one, additional player for the Total War RP. Interested players are invited to post a character sheet in the discussion thread at Total War Disc/Recr after reading through the disc, preview and story threads. Interested players should note that the RP is heavy on technical details and will grow even more so as it progresses. There's no helping that. I will select one person to join based on criterias I will not mention so as to avoid arguments.
PMEmail Poster
BlackLiger
Posted: Aug 21 2006, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 45432

Title: 2090: Hold the line
Chapters: Chapter 1: Opening Salvo
Start Date: ((This is when the game started))

Genre: Modernistic Scifi, but with Swords and stuff also...
Mood: Cyberpunk and Gothic mixture, with a frantic military pace
Power Level: About normal, some psychics, normal humans otherwise...

Overview: Its 2090+ and the third world war is going on. There are 3 sides, and you choose who to fight for. Go out there and win the war....
History: Nothing yet, still in DISC phase.
Current Status: Still in DISC phase...
Last of Fallen
Posted: Sep 6 2006, 01:47 AM
Quote Post

Name: Caché Noir

Genre: Mildly Pulp Noir, horror.

Mood: Dark, paranoid.

Power Level: Medium-high. Your character is Wyrd, and as such possesses powers greater than those of a normal mortal, or skills so honed as to be near to powers.

Start Date: Hopefully within two weeks.

Summary: You are a vigilante in the city of Caché Noir, and something is happening. Something big. However, Caché Noir is a big, powerful place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
fantum Phere
Posted: Oct 25 2006, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 48558

Hey All MTRPer's! I was just wondering if any one knew what ever ended up happening to that old Mercenary Force Zero campaign SilverSereph was running. I was really enjoying it, and it was so short lived. We never even got done with the initial training mission. It was sad. I know Silver retired adn now seems to be back. Just wondering if maybe we'd have a chance at returning to that game.

Anyway, have a nice day all!

PhERE
PMEmail PosterAOL
Dr.Fugitive
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 19053

Name: Dystopia Remix

Status: Disc thread is up, more players would be nice (just realised I didn't put '[disc]' in the title, that might be why it's been a bit slow...)

Genre: Sci Fi/Horror Remix

Mood: Dark though light

Power Level: Fairly high

Start Date: Soon, with any luck

Summary: It's a bit like Cluedo, except you have to figure out how to kill each other in a futuristic totalitarian dystopia. And there's vampires. Could actually prove to be a very clever game if we get some good players on board.
PMEmail Poster
femalefox66
Posted: Dec 1 2006, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

I don't even know you and I hate you.

Member No.: 22069

Alright. Pimping my own RP (for the first time evah, yo!). The Sword and Shield [disc] thread is up. Looking for players. You can find a summary there. The basics of the basics:
Serious players only. I need committment, people! This game gives you the chance to work with several characters. Let me explain that-- the environment constantly changes; we'll be visiting several different alternate worlds and your character will need to change accordingly. Think Tsubasa Chronicles.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
krickett
Posted: Dec 6 2006, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 32468

Name: The Rusted Talons (2nd attempt)

Genre: Sci-Fi/Space Cowboy akin to Firefly, Cowboy Bebop, etc. Has mechas, therefore it's related to Mechwarrior/Battletech as well.

Mood: Dark, Isolated Frontiers in the macroscopic sense... Light, whimsical microcosms (relations between characters).

Power Level: Medium

Start Date: Hopefully in a week or two.

Summary: In the Outer Reaches of space, humans have established lawless colonies that are outside the influence of the Federations. You are a mech pilot with a mercenary group known as the 'Rusted Talons.' The Talons fly from planet to planet aboard their ship, the Hyperion, providing their services to those that can afford it.
PM
Kemindul
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 48778

I would like to introduce my preview for Youji's Curse. I would answer anymore questions and then recruit some serious players for play.

Name: Youji's Curse

Status: [Preview] thread is up. After questions, will accept players.

Genre: Old school war/medieval with magic. Has ninjas, barbarians, knights, monks, and open to suggestions.

Mood: Pessimistic, doom's day nearing feeling among people. Greed, and noble hope are two opposing feelings towards the goal.

Power Level: Civilian power to low, later medium, and then one person at extreme

Start Date: When I have a decent amount of willing players.

Summary: A curse has covered the "old country" since the death of the emperor, Youji. It causes the feat of living past 19 years of age to be quite difficult. With the emperor's death, the country split up in to several warring factions, all attempting to find and control the Receptor of Will, the emperor's magic band. With it, a person would become god/demon like. It can't be found without the prophets, innocent children who are iggnorant to the role they will play in everyone's fate. Their will be several opposing forces. Good guys (possible allies) who protect the prophets, evil people who are usually backstabbing power mongers (temporary allies), and the seperate country affiliations, and of course the prophets themselves hold no alliance quite yet.

I would be very grateful for those who at least check it out. Thank you. Happy New Year!

Youji's Curse

PMEmail PosterMSN
Codenametrigger
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 08:08 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 57328

Name: Desprate Times...
Genre: Post-Apocalypse
Mood: Dark, Serious, and War-time
Power Level: Low to medium
Start Date: In two weeks or when i feel we have enought people to start

Summary: This is the worst case senario for anyone. The Enemies of America dropped Nukes on us after realizing that they couldn't beat us fairly. The Nukes completly wiped out Washinton DC, Hollywood, Chicago, and Detroit. New York was hit too, with three, but the sheer amount of buildings and concrete made the damage minimal (for a nuke). Due to treaties pertaining to nuclear weapons, the nukes were low yield, but the damage was done.

Hundreds of thousands dead across the country, millions more effected. But the comm blackout following the blast isolated the cities, knocking out power for a year. Anarchy broke out everywhere. No one was safe, no one could hide from each other. Fortunatly, loose governments were formed in each city, turning the great Super-Nation of America into nothing more than a bunch of city-states.

You live in New York City, 5 years after Zero Hour. Clans rule the streets, loose alliances keeping all of the nations from killing each other outright. Cars are the preffered weapon of choice, as long as you have the gas to run it. In a city where gas is God, bullets are protection, and lives are wroth nothing, you strive to live.

Welcome to Hell.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Siarelyne
Posted: Mar 19 2007, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 58509

~*~ Lapis Ephermeral ~*~

Style
Prose
Atmospheric
Philosofical
Artistic

Point of View
1st Person

Genre
Fantasy, Drama, Romance

Audience
All Role-Players

Certificate
PG-13

Contains (depending on wthin RP)
Moderate violence, mild language, and romance (romance is to be at a PG-13 certificate)

Power Level
Starts at low but progresses throughout the adventure.

Start Date
Would've posted info topic today but my PC keeps crashing. Hopefully by the end of this week.

Summary
Whether Humai, Elvari, Misraha, Birubiru or Grui, the world of Lazuli is a place of adventure, mysticism and danger. Thirty years ago, the forces of darkness came together and the races of light could not win all of their battles. Many people fell to the beastmen, magic and seige weapons of a distant, dark master. Yet life and resistance continued. Years later, a new generation has risen. As the darkness is pushed away, driven into the most remote corners of the world, peace can reign once again... or so it seems.

But what lies on the horizon for the heroes of Lazuli? The greatest strength of the darkness is that it is tenacious! A tentative peace has led the great nations to loosen the bonds that held them together during the worst times. The men of Lakolo argue with representatives of Rinkuri over how best to use the land and its resources, while Hakkuru's dream of their glory days returning. As new evils spawn across the world, will those who understand be able to bring leaders to their senses? Or, will they have to go against the shadows with only their clostest friends at their sides? It is an age of great decisions and of terrible consequences for those who fear to act!

The story of Lazuli is told through the histories of her greatest cities. Throughout the best and worst times of recent generations, people have flocked to these places of power, knowledge, and safety. Beyond the city walls, monsters and creatures of the wild hold dominion. Yet, the power of the crystals that are strewn throughout Lazuli infuses people with strength and hope. Using the energy of the crystals, citizens have forged many tools to ward themselves from harm.

The four nations of Lazuli have divided the settled lands amongst themselves, and their majesty is seldom rivaled by any kingdom or empire that survives today. However, there is much more to find! What of the port towns of Ojha and Raamimi? Does Paytah fight for a living out of the desert as distant travellers have said? And more must be shown of far-away Ohuru and the mysterious Kuoh. There is always another valley, a deeper dungeon, and more to see for the percipient adventurer.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Rapidwhirl
Posted: Mar 29 2007, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 52529

I'm currently building an RP. The backbone was finished two days ago (I'm editing it constantly), and I just finished the first map today. Here is the preview:

Title: Fractures in Space... Just because I can.
Start Date: When the story line is done.
Genre: Fantasy. It's Scifi with medieval-fantasy and a splash of modernism. Your goal is to win the war. Yay vagueness!
Mood: There is time for gags, despite there being another war going on and all.
Power Level: Medium-high. Your power level depends on your choices.

Overview: I hate to reveal too much so: There is an earth shattering event (not literally) people are just starting to get used to all the new things, when, WAR! Yeah, I know it's not too original, but you can choose if it will be an open war or a "covert" war.

Current Status: The story line (1/6th of the way done) is going to be there, but it will be open. I'm going to make several maps that must have the main objective completed before moving on.

Comments and criticism will be welcome, just ask me to pm you the backbone before you submit any. I am willing to consider changing things if someone suggests it.

Edit: Scratch that, it will only be open warfare.

This post has been edited by Rapidwhirl on Mar 29 2007, 08:19 PM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
TracerBullet
Posted: Jul 2 2007, 09:38 PM
Quote Post

Here (in spirit).

*tap, tap*

Does anybody even read this thread anymore? In any case...here is my creation in the making!

Title: A Flaw In Creation

Status: [disc] thread up here. Story should be starting soon.

Genre: A cocktail of futuristic military and fantasy with a splash of religion and a little tiny "politics" cherry floating in it.

Mood: "Okay, so who's fucking with us the least?" (skepticism? pessimism?)

Power Level: Medium-High, combining futuristic military tech with volatile magic, and that's not even getting into the good stuff yet.

Start Date: As I said above, soon...

Summary: On our world in the future, after narrowly averting a global disaster sparked by global warming, the UN was disbanded and reformed into separate organizations of countries with their own agendas: the technocratic Alliance of Free Nations, the authoritarian Russian Federation, and the Mid-East Caliphate. The three organizations are mainly fighting for the support of several uncommitted nations around the world and the various natural resources they contain.

However. a new variable is about to be introduced when a unique being from another world somehow manages to jump from a world where humans are able to use magic.

An omnipresent Creator, afraid that one of his creations could create such a huge flaw in his design, ends up drafting heroes from both worlds to destroy this self-proclaimed demigod before he is forced to destroy both worlds in order to contain the threat.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Kemindul
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Ok, it was suggested that I put this here...so here it is.

Title: Closure

Start Date: This week.

Currently Active Players: Kemindul, Rapidwhirl, Codenametrigger, and Dr. Fugitive.

Genre: All- Only using characters from previous threads.

Mood: Surreal, scary, epic.

Power Level: Whatever the character had previously.

Overview: Two demons are fighting for their father's power. They have decided to take part in an ancient duel, the rules set. The battle will cause them to become temporary gods, and all time, everywhere and everywhen, will halt for these two to decide who will die.

Seperated across random amounts of realms, planes, worlds, and universes, these two demon gods will come across player characters from all walks of life. These characters will find that they are unaffected by the time freeze, and will be targeted to share power with the demons.

Two forces will be gathered, one will win, and the other will pay the ultimate price.

Current Status: Recruiting.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Chaosilver
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 60737

Title: Dammerung (Norse mythology for the end of the world)
Genre: Medieval/fantasy type
Mood: Mildly serious (with some jokes thrown in.)
Power level: medium...I guess. you get to control Guardian beasts (If you choose to be human) and other races have lots of magic and such.
(Still waiting for replies)
Start: when I have a good strong cast to start with.
Summary: Alaria is once again torn with war. You must choose to aid the Templars, Humans and their allies who use the power of Guardians to enforce laws and uphold peace, or the Blood Knights, hordes of dark creatures and undead raised by necromancy, led by Lucien, and his Guardian, the great dragon Nox.
strictness: low. I'll explain what can and cant be done, but I have said that I want the players to control the story direction for the most part, as long as it ends in victory for one side or another.

Kemindul
Posted: Jun 17 2008, 08:15 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Title: Mist (Give the story a good read through...it's good tongue.gif )

Disc/Rec

The interesting Wiki for Mist = Mist Wiki (Read the 'Events' section to get caught up)

Start Date: April 18th

Currently Active Players: 6 + GM

Shawn Ryans
Chase Miller
Rasp Naught
Jake Hunt
Canzone Della-Sabbia (Cahn-Zoh-Nay)
Quinn Granite

Genre: Ordinary small town school life by day, fantasy/sci-fi/horror/mystery by night.

Mood: Seen Higurashi? Kinda like that. Except with 33 students…all with their own problems and secrets. Each of the kids, adults, and even the town itself…has a secret that is yours to find out.

Power Level: Before students are accepted to the school they must fill out a profile sheet describing themselves. And the strange guardian of the town, a strange girl known as the ‘Keeper’, knows all the secrets.

Secrets are PM’d to me and approved by me, both immoral, strange, and inhuman ones.

Overview: It’s a sandbox game…so no real rules. Your transfer is placed in the middle of this village and must cope with their new life, their classmates, and the increasing weirdness of it all.

History: So far, two days have passed in the game. The 6 transfers were introduced to their new home, the differing personalities and quirks of their classmates, and during their first night they met their new colleague…

The Keeper. The guardian of the village, the ‘God’ of Mist.

She asked, or blackmailed, each of them to work for her, warning them of an impending danger to the town and villagers she protects. A danger that one of the transfers experienced first hand and that she simply calls, the ‘Unspeakables’. She explained to them that she needed their help and gave them a device to keep in contact with one another before disappearing in the night.

And unknown to them, blood has already been spilt.

And to make things even stranger, the transfers are experiencing weird dreams of Mist’s past, events from a mysterious murder that apparently happened years ago.

What they do next…is yet to be written.

Current Status: Quite Active
PMEmail PosterMSN
TracerBullet
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

Here (in spirit).

I don't know if anyone pays attention to this thing anymore, but four potential GMs have stepped forward and proposed some interesting ideas. In the interest of public service, I will now give a quick rundown of the proposed RPGs:

Title: NGE: Revival [disc/rec thread]
Creator: Dunerat

Set in the universe of Neon Genesis Evangelion, using the anime as canon and the manga as semi-canon.

Quality: Tier 5-6
Control: Tier 7
Survivability: Tier 5-6
Technicality: Tier 7

All right, the basic concept of this game is post-Second Impact survival and reconstruction in Japan. It is meant to be fairly free form, though there will be some underlying plot issues that will occasionally crop up. Most things will be pretty open, but please PM me if you have any questions. Please get an ok from me if you want anything special for your characters. i am not completely opposed to it, but there will be some limits. You can best reach me by PM here.

Currently pledged (not including GM): One confirmed maybe

Title: Ours Is But To Do And Die [disc thread]
Creator: Codenametrigger

The basis is a Pen and Paper RPG called 'Godlike', a WW2 action game based on the fact that people's minds became so twisted under stress that they started to impose the reality they saw onto the reality the rest of us saw. They called these talents, and they range everywhere from levetating off of the ground, but only 3 inches, to shooting fire, to having imaginary dragons that ate people, to pretty much anything else.

The basis of this RP is Talent Operation Group (TOG) #125, the Demon Spawn. Called so because their commander, Sergeant Devon Masters, has the ability to Morph into a Demon when hurt. Returning from a brief stint in Northern Africa, the Sgt is now recruiting more members to replace the ones he lost in combat.

Currently Pledged: Two yes, one unknown.

Title: One Foot In Front Of The Other [preview thread]
Creator: Arreksu

The rough premise is this; Every street corner is monitored and most people can't move anywhere without being ID-tagged every three metres, and the only routes open to people with a yearning for freedom are network of backstreets, sewers and the rooftops, known as the "Slipstream" in street slang. Incidentally, those with a need to transport sensitive packages can't take them through the official channels, so the Slipstream is the ideal backdoor. That's where the Runners (and the player) come in; a select, talented group of individuals that have banded together in a near-future, dystopian, totalitarian city-state to create a confidential courier service.

Players will take on one of two roles in the courier service;
1) Runner - Pretty self-explanatory; the Runners are the ones who actually do the running, transporting the parcels.
2) Contractor - These guys move secretly in the upper echelons of society, around the people who have the need and the money for Runners. They find the jobs, write up the contracts, ensure that everyone gets what they wanted and get away happy.

Currently Pledged: Three tentative yes.

Title: For A Song [disc/rec thread]
Creator: Shilane

The world is very much the same, but much changed by the Last War and the War of Wyrding. Vampires are now the largest demographic, having taken over most of Asia, claiming the ancient cities of China as their own. The sidhe have riddled the American Empire’s midwest with their faerie mounds. Merfolk have established their hold on the tropics, found anywhere between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn. As for humes… Humes were relegated to whatever the others did not want, left to have the ruins of Europe and the barrens of Africa. Shilane allows for refugees to enter her domain, but the sidhe are much less forgiving of how they were once marginalized. The merfolk do not treat with anyone at all, preferring to be left very much alone.

After much strife and four-hundred years of war, the world has settled into a relative peace. It has held firm for the last thirty years and the humes are optimistic. The others are less so but accept the peace as a new beginning for the human race where each mutation might have an equal right to the world and all its gifts. Such is the world Shilane Mische Delani strove to create for her son. But the others are long-sighted and are waiting for the first ill omens.

Currently Pledged: one "sure, why not?"

If anyone out there feels like diversifying from the glut of mafia-ing that has hit this section, then feel free to help get one or more of these off of their feet.

That is all.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Phalmy
Posted: Nov 29 2008, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 52489

Title: Mars!
Genre: Hard sci-fi / colonization
Mood: Minefield Ballet
Power Level: Only Human (and in hostile conditions to boot)
Overview: Soon (in twenty, maybe thirty years) the Earth will cave in and everyone dies. As a hand-picked member of a top scientist crew, develop, construct and execute a colonization program bound for Mars, in a desperate attempt to save mankind from extinction. Try not to neglect anything -- Houston won't be there to order a paradrop of extra tools to Mars if you happen to run out, and everything from the human condition to the void of space to Mars itself (aka the collective effort of me) seems to be trying to kill you in every possible way.
Current Status: Looking for players
PMEmail PosterMSN
maldrul
Posted: Oct 21 2009, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

wandering idiot kitsune

Member No.: 23343

There's a new game in town!

MegaTokyo Campfire 2: School Days

We have 'graduated' from the Story Discussion/ Fanworks subforum and have been deposited here in Forum RPG

Backdrop: MegaTokyo
Focus: Shiritsu Daitou High School and Daitou Gakuen Attached Middle School

Check this link for guidelines for character developement:

MegaTokyo Campfire Stories

The GM, Grimmblaze is looking for more middle school students at this time, but any character is welcome as long as they can be plausibly injected into the storyline.

It is recommneded that you read the story from the beginning before you try to post.

Part 1
Part 2

School is in session, so grab your #2 pencils and notebooks and be prepared to study hard and play hard!

PMEmail Poster
repair1
Posted: Oct 27 2009, 04:20 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 67855

Why do I say this? Well... because I just wanted to point out that, sometimes, when people say "I want this kind of game to be run!!" sometimes a GM CAN arise from the mists.

ipod repair solutions

cheap apple-ipod service

xbox 360 repair
PMEmail Poster
Fullmetalsca
Posted: Jan 2 2010, 12:37 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 66227

QUOTE (lucifereacention @ Jan 31 2005, 02:08 PM)
Seeing as the person blamed for it's existance has left for the time being, I'll fill in a little on MT:tC.

Title: Megatokyo: The Clans

Is this game still running? If so, is it closed to new characters? If not, where do I submit?
PMEmail PosterAOL
HiddenThunder221
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 12:56 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 68834

Am I the only one that's intensly shocked there's no Endgames parody rp on this board?
PMEmail Poster
DB_Explorer
Posted: Mar 11 2011, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 64806

QUOTE (HiddenThunder221 @ Feb 22 2010, 01:56 AM)
Am I the only one that's intensly shocked there's no Endgames parody rp on this board?

no

thought about, realized i needed to make an entire fantasy realm and made

Megatokyo Campfire Stories 3 instead, which is like a WAY less crazy version of Campfire Story 2, and no russians

or 5 threads to read through.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Strike5
Posted: Apr 21 2011, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 34945

I walk away for like, five years, and when I return, practically all the RP's in this thread are this "Mafia" thing. I'll have to see if I can whip something up...
PMEmail Poster
John_234
Posted: Oct 14 2011, 11:13 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 67922

One on the way that ISN'T Mafia. Sci-fi / fantasy, preview should be up in a week hopefully.
PMEmail Poster
Rapierman
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Militant Warrior for Intelligence

Member No.: 33370

Okay, just to try to revive MT:tC

Rapierman's Game:

TITLE: MegaTokyo: The Clans - New Beginnings
START DATE: This chapter started May 25, 2011
CURRENTLY ACTIVE PLAYERS: Rapierman, RedWolf4, Wolfboy, MM007, Zekki and DarkTan

GENRE: Comedy
MOOD: Silly
POWER LEVEL: Low to moderate. Anything is possible, though.

OVERVIEW:

The membership within the Clans has been greatly reduced as a result of the Demonic Invasion. Many have died defending Earth..and, specifically, MegaTokyo. The Clans have called for a temporary truce to allow for recruitment to occur. A convention is held to facilitate this activity. However, this is not limited to the current factions.

Also waiting in the wings is any group that is willing to form and recruit. Old factions may die, New factions may rise. You, the dear reader, have the opportunity to remake MegaTokyo: the Clans in your own image. The only plots that exist are what you make. You hold the keys to the future. What will it look like? Do you dare to dream of what should be? Who do you support? The only way to answer these and other questions is to take the brave plunge and write.

HISTORY:

The Convention has opened. The current factions are here, but other new groups are joining the fray. ISS has made its presentation and call to arms. A new group, The Judicious Prophets of the Piro, has begun its call, led by the Reverend Joseph Robert "Joe Bob" Simmons. Other groups have yet to announce their presence and intentions. Who is next? Who will you join? That is for you to decide.

CURRENT STATUS: Currently idling, waiting for new posts and/or new recruits. Come help!

Erden's Game:

TITLE: MegaTokyo: the Clans - Gaiden
START DATE: This game began June 28, 2011
CURRENTLY ACTIVE PLAYERS: Erden, Rapierman, Jubai the Kensai, Arsenal 121 and Wolfboy.

GENRE: Science Fiction
MOOD: Dark
Power Level: Currently low, may change.

OVERVIEW:

In this alternate timeline of the future, the Demonic Horde succeeded in taking over Tokyo, but the rest of the world stopped them cold. As a result, the Clans were banished and driven underground, as were all things anime-related. Moods are monitored, and anything that can be remotely upsetting are dealt with swiftly. All of Japan is watched, as is most of the world. Planet Earth enjoys an artificial bliss.

However, something may not be completely snuffed out. Something is waiting down below, waiting for the right moment. What will happen? Come and find out.

HISTORY:

The new MegaTokyo is being established. There is a faint drumbeat or rythym that hasn't been heard except for perhaps a select few. Where is it? Also, one man goes on a treasure hunt to find out what secrets exist. A soldier and his mech prepare for new missions.

CURRENT STATUS: Idling. New posts and/or new people need to come. Help the GM out!

No restrictions: You can write in both if you wish (and, in fact, I encourage this).

This post has been edited by Rapierman on Dec 28 2011, 12:12 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
S1arburst
Posted: Oct 4 2015, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 78100

Would anybody care to explain to me why was Dier committing suicide by lynching SeraphimEden the 'safe' option for last day phase? Thanks to bringerofcats, people totally saw it coming both that she had escape artist prepped, and that Dier would die. It looked like there were plenty enough people suspicious of Alex to get a lynch going for him instead, or possibly someone else if work was put into it.

I would think that a possible mafia lynch would be preferable to a very probable town death.

I am very confused, and was so before the hammer hit and the phase resolved wacko.gif

Edit: Sky's flavor text is awesome.

This post has been edited by S1arburst on Oct 4 2015, 01:05 PM
PMEmail Poster
Wave Master
Posted: Oct 4 2015, 02:31 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Group: Mafiosi
Member No.: 41507

Hi! I don't know if anyone else will see this here as the members of Mafia aren't historically RPers (generally).

I don't expect any of the players will be willing to discuss the game while it is ongoing. Feel free to post in the game thread once the game has ended and we are doing post-game discussions. Please consider playing if you are interested!
PM
S1arburst
Posted: Oct 4 2015, 03:24 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Thanks! I am honored to be spoken to be the great Wave Master.
PMEmail Poster
bringerofcats
Posted: Oct 7 2015, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

upupu~

Group: ❤❤❤❤
Member No.: 4778

w0w wave, starting a new cult over here
PMEmail Poster
S1arburst
Posted: Oct 8 2015, 10:50 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Unfortunately, nobody loves the fuzzy cat bringer. catcatcat.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) [All] 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic