l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (6) All 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [disc]: The Current Games On Mt: Rp, Discuss and Pimp your RPs!
Elcampbello
Posted: Dec 22 2004, 06:25 AM
Quote Post

Do you find youself looking at me?

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 25096

I'd like to Pimp Gray: Conflicts.

Kio Pimps it better than me.

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
RavenxDrake
Posted: Dec 25 2004, 01:16 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 33518

You know, as much as I've been working in the forums, I didn't even connect this sticky with advertising for my RP.

Some days I'm just not real bright. I stuck it in my Sig, but nobody reads sigs anyway so...

For those who've never seen it:

The SAC Wants YOU!

A Bale of Distant Suns: A far future Science Fiction Roleplay.

Everything you need to know (and then some, thanks to the Inquisition. Hey guys. smile.gif) is covered in the Descritption and Recruitment thread above. I'm about to move into a new section of the story, and situtations are Ideal to include new players at this time, should anyone wish to join. Thank you.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Wonder Chicken
Posted: Dec 26 2004, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

~Makoto's Way~

Member No.: 33190

Wing Commander: Task Force 112 (Finally Updated)

Heh. Why not?
I guess I'll blab then.

Wing Commander: Task Force 112 is a side story based on Wing Commander 3 and the Freespace 2 mod Wing Commander saga. The story revolves around the carrier TCS Hornet and its crew. Unlike other carriers in the Confed Fleet, the Hornet's task force is assigned to clear out the Kilrathi (large bipedal felines) from occupied systems. Only one problem - the Kats are slowly winning.

Not only can players be pilots and flight leaders, but they can also command the majority fo the capital ships in the Task Force. Also, players can help create their NPC wingmen, the idea being that the NPC will evolve from a callsign (their name in combat) to either a buddy or nemesis of the players.

TF 112 is a space combat RP, where your actions at the flight stick or interactions with pilots and fellow crew members will affect the outcome of your story. And people need to keep a tally of all their Kitty kills.

I've got the core of the game done and after a few minor revisions, gonna get it underway.

Well, since I've now gotten underway with more updates and such, I'm proud to say that even more updates are coming. Due to many technical problems (kicks computer for a good measure), I had some trouble with RPing and posting in the forums, but those have been happily fixed. If some viewers have noticed, I've been working on a steady (yeah right) update of ships and other materials for players. Pics Included. I've got more in store, such as a good galactic map to explain the Terran-Kilrathi War and a bigger and badder ship list of Confed and Kilrathi forces.

So anyhow, here are the links and enjoy some space combat fun.

(Disc/Rec) Join Confed and fry some Kilrathi TODAY!

(Story) WC: TF 112, How many kitties have you dusted today?

This post has been edited by Wonder Chicken on Dec 26 2004, 09:50 PM
PM
AirTperrec
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 36930

As a complete and utter newbie to these forums i'm probably commiting some kind of heresy to even trying to create something on here never the less promote it.

The 19th century fantasy.

Industrial revolution type setting but with magic as well as technology. Based off the game Arcanum. Various races, magics, and technologies. Characters gain skill levels in their jobs and technical/magical skills. Also cultural differences between difference races and groups like dwarf clans and localized human city states.

I left it rather open on rules and limits for people to be creative if anyone ever decided to join.

This post has been edited by AirTperrec on Jan 2 2005, 02:05 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Astorite
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 10806

Severance - The Landing

The short version:

What - A freeform RP full of goodness and yumtasticity.

The Who - You are one of 200 colonists.

The Where - You've traveled to the nearest habitable star, 1.4 lightyears away. The ship you came on was the Hope's Launch, Earth's largest object ever put into space at its time.

The Why - After World War III the Earth's population has greatly declined, large portions of the planet is unhospitable, and a rich bunch of corporations need their stocks to rise.

The When - The Ship left in the year 2060, passengers and crew going into a cold sleep procedure with programmed wake cycles. You now have awoken in the year 2132, the shuttles have landed, man walks on a different star system's planet for the first time ever.

The How - Try to help colonize the planet, kill off your fellow passengers, or maybe just go take a swim at the beach; all any way possible. Characters must be submitted and approved.

Does anyone actually read this, I wonder?

The Long Version:

Title: Severance - The Landing Story Thread

Chapters: We're on our first one: The Landing If We get far enough further chapters will come

Start Date: Our Disc went up Dec 10, 2004. The Story thread started rolling Dec 17, 2004.

Currently Active Players:
Ayane112
SilverSeraph
Last of Fallen
Shinomori
TBA
Lunatix
HamHam
TheDivineWind
Stageninja
Wapa
Guitar (He hasn't replied in a while though, so I'm not quite sure.)

Genre: Science Fiction/Fantasy

Mood: A strange mix of Light-hearted and Demented

Power Level: Humans are pretty mcuh the same in this game, the only difference is that they have a telepathic ability of 1 to 2 miles.

Overview: You are part of a colonization effort of the planet Haven, Earth-type and fourth body from its sun, Rigel Kentaurus (IE: Alpha Centauri.) The planet is somewhat colder than Earth due to a greater orbital distance. Life does exist in varying forms, several types categorized and spotted from long-range satellite/probe lander system that reached orbit halfway through the Colonial Ship's passage. Also reported by satellite are no signs of humanoid intelligence. The planet is made up of two continents, a chain of islands the two's only connection. Names have yet to be decided on, one dubbed Westland, the other Eastland.

Current plans for the primary settlement are on an island the colonists have dubbed playfully, "New Hawaii." The ship's computer, Miranda, has already sent down several payloads via parachute and Remote Guided Aircraft containing needed supplies to build up the area. Those listed as most skilled and needed have gone down to the planet in the first shuttle, part of a Rotation of three others that will bring down the rest of the crew. The greater part of the Colonial ship Hope will be left in orbit to act as satellite and data gatherer, only a skeleton crew left to be rotated out via Shuttle once the settlement is established.

History: The first shuttle has made its historic flight down onto the surface of Haven. Sliding in using the island's watery surroundings as a landing pad, the shuttle moved far up onto the golden sands of an uninhabited beach. The Captain was up and out first, claiming the title as the first human to step foot on the planet's grounds. Then he went swimming.

The first order of business for the colonists is to get a couple of the main utility systems up and running. From a prefabricated factory to the needs of transportation, everyone is doing their part so they can begin building a home and start exploring. Soon enough the next three shuttles will come down and add more of the crew, freeing up those with specialities that allow for exploration and data gathering.

So far one of the colonists has been involved in an accident. Cid, the demolitions expert, ran into a problem with an unknown ore, blowing the drillbit arm off of the workMech. In the event of the explosion several things happened, one being the death of Khan, a gerbil meant to experiment local inclusion to wildlife. Also, the drillbit's landing was near the form of one Aaron McMahon, only saved from meeting the gerbil's fate by a telepathic shout from Jasper.

Furious at the incompetence he sees in Cid, Aaron gets into a brief argument, then turns and stalks off down the beach by himself. The rest of the colonists either ignore the spat or try to soothe it, most continuing to work on their personal areas of expertise. Captain Drekkar spends a moment trying to keep the argument settled, then lets them alone as he moves to set up some airborne transportation; small two-man helicopters called hoppers.

Meanwhile, down the beach, Aaron sudden finds some new wildlife, the experience seemingly hazardous to his health. His current status is unknown. Back at camp, Jasper finds that the local fauna is returning to the landing site, apparently having been spooked by the crashing and rumbling. Some sort of creature lands on the scientist's arm, its intent not quite clear.

Current Status: We're rolling along decently, overall with a good number of posts for its start. We've just started, so people are still getting into their characters, getting themselves into plots, trying to find ways to kill each other. Still, everyone seems enthusiastic and seem to at least enjoy what's going on.

This post has been edited by Astorite on Jan 2 2005, 05:42 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
Halconnen
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 26620

Does anyone actually read this, I wonder?

I do.

May not really fit (as only RPG ads are in here), but I read em and hereby encourage the GMs (or players) to keep pimping their RPGs.

EDIT: Oh and if you pimp, do it detailed. I won't read the disc, if the ad doesn't get my attention. Context made a good one. As did everyone else who used the 'game card sheet' *hint* *pokes wapa, Khan and Elcampbello with stick*

Scavenger Plains will be hard to kill.

Don't tell me you're trying to kill it >_>.

This post has been edited by Halconnen on Jan 2 2005, 12:42 PM
PMEmail PosterICQMSN
Elcampbello
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Do you find youself looking at me?

Member No.: 25096

I would have used one but I didn't know the entire history etc.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
BobJones
Posted: Jan 6 2005, 11:43 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 29208

Hey... I'm not sure if I should be posting this, since I don't host my game on the megatokyo forums, and I haven't been big on playing in the forums here (although I do read a lot of the topics). Still, this is right up your alley if you're into free-form gaming.

Title: Freedom City
Start Date: About a year ago, but we just changed where it's hosted so it's like a brand new start.

Genre: Modern Free-form (ultra-free; very little moderation)

Mood: Whatever you want it to be. So far, it's been a lot of simple day-to-day drama with lots of undercurrents of secrecy.

Power Level: Most people seem to be going for your average-joe type people. The god-like characters don't seem to last long unless they're quite well done.

Overview: Freedom City is a world filled with gangsters, the supernatural, and really bad traffic jams. With a guy named "Lucifer" and a bar filled with wenches, you can expect anything and everything from this game.

History: It was originally hosted on Yahoo, but it's only picked up since we've moved to the new forum.

Current Status: New but growing fast.

The site is http://s7.invisionfree.com/Freedom_City in case you don't want to click on the title.

Anyway, don't flame me for posting here, i'm just making it available in case anyone's interested.

PMEmail Poster
RavenTW
Posted: Jan 24 2005, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 13031

Gundam: Evolution

Chapters: Chapter 1 - From the Depths (Link gone), Chapter 2 - Baptism by Fire, Chapter 3 - Rest and Restitution, Chapter 4 - Crucible of Loss, Chapter 5 - Insert Curse Here.

Start Date: August 13, 2004.

Characters: RavenTW, Keyo, SilverSeraph, Switchblade1701, yalborap, Cyberlance, Drake nailo, Joy (whom I'd like to thank for using her first post on this RP), 6Shooter, Totobear.

Genre: Sci-fi/Mecha

Mood: Varies between fast-paced and philosophical.

Power Level: Like traditional Gundam, the characters are young adults. They are more powerful than most civilians. There are also a few middle-agers that are stronger mentally than physically. The mecha they pilot are stronger than most human made mecha, but depending on they enemy they face (Mobile Suit or Gundam), their strength varies.

Overview: After exile from Earth for their own follies, the human race lives in orbital colonies, trying to ressurect the wanton destruction they caused that left their home planet barren. Eventually, they discover an alien device that allows them to create powerful mecha, codenamed Gundam. After trying to create a sentient Gundam, their experiment goes horribly wrong, and the result strikes a holy war against the human race. No, pre-generation Gundams have been designed to battle against this monstrosity, in hopes that humanity will be able to avoid another catastrophe like Earth.

History: Orbital colony Florida has fallen. A defeated Gundam team decides to get the thought of failure of their minds by heading to Louisiana for Mardis Gras. The partygoers welcome the pilots, and soon, another pair of pilots are added to their roster, Sage and Sloan. Conner is performing his jet acrobatics for the crowd as Azrael and Roy prepare to duel...

Current Status: We are in the perfect place to recieve more characters. Our major problem is not really people but consistency of posting. Keyo has a hard time getting to the forums and his character is in the spotlight at the moment. So basically, this is to advertise the RP.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Kage
Posted: Jan 24 2005, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Victory Donut!

Member No.: 15747

AHS (Remix)

Title: AHS (Remix)
Start Date: As soon as I feel like I have enough players
Currently Active Players: TIA (formerly known as Black Rose Tears), Chantler, Morpheus1684, Tormented_Soul, l33tm0nk3y
Currently Thinking About Joining: ShadowForm, wapa, yalborap, Ayane112, Elcampbello, DolceVita, Aeuna, CyberLance, Ghoti_Ghreye, SilverSeraph, stageninja. (I'll have one hell of an all-star cast if this gets off the ground...)
GM type people: Kage, Zephear
Genre: General Fiction... Magic and superscience both exist in places, but it takes place in a modern-day high school
Mood: Despite the people signing up as drug dealers and assassins, I plan on this being a light-hearted game until all the characters are firmly established and I (or the other people playing) think of a good plot twist to take the series in a new direction.
Power Level: Fairly low. However, everyone has their own unique skills that make them people you wouldn't want to piss off. From information dealers to shape shifters to assassins to drug-peddling chemists to ex-military gym teachers.

Overview: AHS originally stood for Anime High School. It was a place where cliches abounded, and much fun was had. Unfortunately, due to mod/player conflict, the series was dropped and lay dormant for some time. Why Anime High School in particular? Because the fact that you could play with anime stereotypes meant that you could create any type of character you wanted (Anthropomorphs, mech pilots, magical girls, etc.), and throw them into a high school setting with a bunch of other crazies. And that's really the point right now. Once the characters get settled in, we'll throw them an ancient evil, a prophesy that needs fulfilled, or some such to keep them occupied.
History: This is a fresh start for AHS.
Current Status: Hasn't yet begun... but feel free to sign up at any time.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Kage
Posted: Jan 26 2005, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

Victory Donut!

Member No.: 15747

OK... a few things have changed in the past couple of days (Corrections bolded).

Title: AHS (Remix)
Start Date: Will be Jan. 28/29 2005
Currently Active Players: Kage, TIA (formerly known as Black Rose Tears), Chantler, Tormented_Soul, l33tm0nk3y, ShadowForm, yalborap, Ayane112, Elcampbello, AntiAngstNinja, Aeuna, SilverSeraph, stageninja.
Currently In the Process of Joining: DolceVita, Morpheus1684, CyberLance, Ghoti_Ghreye, R41d3n, wapa.
GM type people: Kage, Zephear
Genre: General Fiction... Magic and superscience both exist in places, but it takes place in a modern-day high school
Mood: Despite the people signing up as drug dealers and assassins, I plan on this being a light-hearted game until all the characters are firmly established and I (or the other people playing) think of a good plot twist to take the series in a new direction.
Power Level: Moderate. From the power of information to the power of science to the power of magic, this RP has it all. Some characters are more powerful than others, but all have their own unique skills. Oh, and I'm a mod who doesn't mind powerful characters, but if you're a jerk about it, rest assured that you will be crushed in a most painful and humiliating manner
Overview: AHS originally stood for Anime High School. It was a place where cliches abounded, and much fun was had. Unfortunately, due to mod/player conflict, the series was dropped and lay dormant for some time. Why Anime High School in particular? Because the fact that you could play with anime stereotypes meant that you could create any type of character you wanted (Anthropomorphs, mech pilots, magical girls, etc.), and throw them into a high school setting with a bunch of other crazies. And that's really the point right now. Once the characters get settled in, we'll throw them an ancient evil, a prophesy that needs fulfilled, or some such to keep them occupied.
History: This is a fresh start for AHS.
Current Status: Starting soon... but feel free to sign up at any time.

This post has been edited by Kage on Jan 26 2005, 08:08 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN
Gnome
Posted: Jan 27 2005, 12:47 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 24553

Trying to get this RP a little more interest...so Iíll try filling out one of these here game cards.

Title: Project: Atlantis
Chapters: Well, it is on the harder side of life to have chapters finished before it the RP has started, isn't it?
Start Date: How about not yet.
Currently Active Players: Those who play are needed in the greatest manner. Currently interested are: Wapa, Panzeh, and (?)j4d3d_1nk

Genre: A blend of modern-day with fantasy and sci-fi. Stirred, not shaken.
Mood: Semi-horror, Semi-brooding, All survival.
Power Level: Average to Moderate. Four races possible for PC's, each with their own quirks.

Overview: Several meteors struck the earth in mid-California. The force of the 'landing' disturbed the tectonic balance in the crust of the earth. It had caused a great earthquake and most of California had fallen into the ocean. The resulting tidal wave destroyed everything up to the Rocky Mountains. If that was not bad enough, the tectonic movements pushed up an island from the depths of the Pacific Ocean. On this island are all the horrors that man has only thought of as myth. Now the remainder of mankind has to struggle to keep what little land is left. Maybe there are secrets on this island itself, or within the meteors that have landed, but the long treacherous journey across barren wastelands and vast seas just for some small glimmer of hope is too much to ask anyone. Maybe other creatures more favorable to man have also arisen from the depth of the ocean. No one knows. Everyone is just trying to survive and hold onto what they have.

History: Read the [Disc/Rec] thread for more information. The RP is yet to start.
Current Status: Did I tell you that it hasn't started yet? In need of players.
PMUsers Website
lucifereacention
Posted: Jan 31 2005, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 17364

Seeing as the person blamed for it's existance has left for the time being, I'll fill in a little on MT:tC.

Title: Megatokyo: The Clans

Chapters:
Yet ANOTHER Announcement (AKA:The Great Fanboy War)
Church of Miho (fake) Bulletin
A Normal Day in Megatokyo
Church of Miho: New Blood
The Miho Files
War of the Last Stick Figures
Of Light, Shadow, and Love
Battle for Continuity
Us Versus Them
Rise of the Dark Goddess
A New Confusion in Megatokyo

Start Date: October 13, 2001(approx)

Currently Active Players: DWCs site (linked below) has an outdated list, but current players are around 20-50, depending on how many are caught up that week.

Genre: Fantasy/Sci-fi/Action. Anything and everything goes.

Mood: Variable, Scenes range from Hilarity bordering on stupidity, and deathly serious. It all depends on who you interact with.

Power Level: Characters range in ability, due to respect, and writing ability of their authors. Characters can be anything from Charles Fox, a rather normal man with no more than an Engineering degree, and a lab to work in, to the tC Monk, who rends and repairs reality on a daily basis.

Overview: Living life in a city filled with factions of idol obsessed mad men (and women), And surviving from day to day under the watchful eye of various forces.

History: http://dietwaterempire.8k.com/mtrp/archives.html

This website has up through the current story arc: A New Confusion in Megatokyo, which are as follows

[mt:tc] A New Confusion In Megatokyo., Episode 1: A Fork in the Future

[mt:tc] A New Confusion In Megatokyo, Episode 2: Making New Friends, Part 1

[mt:tc] A New Confusion In Megatokyo, Episode 3: Making New Friends, Part 2

[mt:tc]a New Confusion In Megatokyo, Episode 4: A Line in the Sand

Current Status: Running strong, and always looking for more players.

This post has been edited by lucifereacention on Jan 31 2005, 02:10 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
MothaFus
Posted: Feb 14 2005, 01:49 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 38225

lolz. because of the registering thingy i lost my copied text.

I had an idea about a RPG. I posted a link to some online recruitiing thingy and I'm banned
PMEmail Poster
MothaFus
Posted: Feb 14 2005, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 38225

http://www.herowar.com/recruit.phtml?id= Simple is attractive biggrin.gif

no it isn't
PMEmail Poster
Char
Posted: Feb 14 2005, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

♪So I got married♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 803

QUOTE (MothaFus @ Feb 15 2005, 03:51 AM)
http://www.herowar.com/recruit.phtml?id= Simple is attractive biggrin.gif

even by the looks of that link you can tell it's one of those annoying recruiting thingies.

No. (p.s. thanks for the report)
PMEmail PosterIntegrity Messenger IMICQAOLYahooMSN
MT ninja-pirate
Posted: Feb 24 2005, 01:58 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 33538

NOW PIMPING: Empire of the Stars
PMEmail Poster
Tormented_Soul
Posted: Feb 25 2005, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 19265

I currently have two RPs running, and both have really good players, so I would suggest at least checking them out at least for their tallent if not for the plot setup for them...

Title: Devil Don't Care

Start Date: I restarted it on Jul 8 2004, 09:35 PM

Chapter: 1, neo-genisus

Current Players: Silver Seraph, Kinkou, Marrowmeld, Ghoti_Ghreye, Tormented_Soul.

Power Level: moderate, but will eventually become heros.

Overview: Demons have taken over the world, and have enslaved the human race. the free clans that fled the demon rule kingdoms have sent forth some of their people to partisipate in a tourniment to fidn the most skilled for the job of ridding the world of the demons and the lords they serve. Magic is ever present, and modern day tech is found in hidden locations since it has been taken by the demon to help make sure an uprising doesn't happen.

History: the PCs have prooved their places in the profisised tourniment that has chosen them as the champions of the human race, and now they are fighting in the first city because of a demonstorm striking at their cerimony to see the PCs on their way.

Current Status: slowly moving, but with good quality in every post.

Side Note: most of the actions the PCs take will affect tohe plot line, I have big ideas that can happen for almost anyhting you can choose. Good or Evil? you must shape the future of the world, since no one else can.

Title: Doomed!

Start Date: Feb 7 2005, 07:39 PM

Chapter: 1 (there won't be a second most likely)

Current Players: Silver Seraph, Kinkou, katanacowboy777, stageninja, Marrowmeld, fei, TheDivineWind, Ghoti_Ghreye, Totobear, Keign, Tormented_Soul.

Power Level: weak, the PCs are just a little more able than the average NPC, but not in combat or strength, just the way they will react to the situation.

Overview: End of the world. A strange event has triggered the appocolypse. A gateway to an infernal demension has opened in china, and will open others around the world. through these gateways, demons will pour out and take the human race by storm, killing most and enslaving the remains. it is basically a prequil to DDC. Modern day, no high tech, no magic.

History: everyone woke up, some NPCs are blabbering on about the end of the world, but the PCs aren't paying attention to them. day to day life so far, just to set up relationships between the characters.

Current Status: just starting, but you can alway join in late if you want to.

Side Note: this is most likely goign to be a 1 chapter game, so you almost definately will die in this game.

This post has been edited by Tormented_Soul on Feb 25 2005, 10:32 AM
PMAOL
richvh
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 19795

Now playing in Story Discussions: [url]http://forums.megatokyo.com/index.php?showtopic=1693915]Kidnapped by Zombies Piro Day[/url]

Scenario: Fred Gallagher, webcomic artist, has been kidnapped by zombies. An intrepid band of heroes attempts to rescue him.

Currently active heroes: richvh, Elcampbello, -=Spanners=-, WolfenKahlon, Shotoman, rapierman, reblekid2003, SpyderGreywolf, stsparky, Kerwing, UserError, roastpuff

Villains: umhyuk, TheGreatHibiki, NightStrife, Artemi, Shinmeko

We have sufficient villains. If you want to join our band of heroes, please:
  • No power playing
  • No more dropping through plotholes ™ to join the group or move around
  • We have a stock of anonymous NPCs that can be customized to your PC specifications if you don't want to write a complicated intro

This post has been edited by richvh on Feb 27 2005, 08:57 AM
PMEmail Poster
wapa
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 05:42 AM
Quote Post

Inquisitor

Member No.: 19585

I'd just like to step in and mention Gnome's latest game idea, that being the Great RP contest. It's in tentative stages now to say the least, but it's developing into a very unique looking game.

Players join and create a character in a similar fashion to most other RPs - though with a lot more detail than those. Not so big a departure there. However in-game, things get a little different. Instead of each player writing their one character, players will either swap characters, or switch characters from post to post, a major aim being to write a post as in character as possible with someone they have not created themselves. I should point out that this solves the perennial problem of abandonment faced by most games in this forum - or at least minimises it.

The setting and scenario has yet to be decided - however it seems to be leaning towards a realistic setting rather than the standard SF and Fantasy fare of the boards. The game has already attracted interest from some of the more talented players of the board such as Last of Fallen, Samu and Kage, and is shaping up to be one of the more arthouse-style games - but I should point out that this is an extremely early stage of the design period.

If, like myself, you've been feeling that there's a staleness to most rpgs of the moment, I suggest you take a look and see what there is to see. I'm naive enough to hope that this game sparks a bunch of fresh new RPGs. Variety is the spice of life, after all, and while I'm a massive fan of SF/F and anime (these make up most of my books and most of my DVDs, respectively) there's more to this pastime than that. There'll always be room for the freeform scifi, but I'd like to think there's also room for drama, westerns, comedy or even pirates in here, and I think this game gives us an excuse. And again, for more than just scenarios and the occasional advance like Contexts relationship system. You may remember a little game called Opposing Forces...

In any case, I like this game, and urge you with all my illusory authority to try to make it happen.
PM
Last of Fallen
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Joy! Runner baffles gonad.

Member No.: 19695

Currently pimping Ghost World.

Title: Ghost World
Chapters: Ch. 1; Ghost World: Transfer (this has not yet started)
Start Date: Frebruary 27
Currently Active Players: - Wapa, SilverSeraph, ToToBear, Kreoss and Kinkou have expressed interest.

Genre: Fantasy/SciFi
Mood: Cataclysm/times of change
Power Level: Moderate - right now

Overview: Tourists: To explore Ghost World and have the time of their life.
Natives: Each have their own seperate goals, however there seems to be some political upheaval in Korenna.
History: This is a revival of Ghost World, it trailed off to a halt sometime last June or July.
Current Status: So far people are perusing and figuring out if they can get in.
PMEmail PosterMSN
X_The Nameless
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Hey could anyone "pimp" my RPG? I've been working on it for a while:

Name: Dream Life
Genre:Fantasy
Characters:
Races: Dwarfs, Humans, Elves, Dragon-halves (half dragon, half human), Pixies, Fairies (there is a differnec between pixies and fairies.)
Powers:Magic (six types: Dark, Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Light)
Weapons:Swords, Knifes, Bows, Axes, Crosbows, Small Firearms, Staffs & Rods
Jobs: Warrior, Fencer, Miner, Magister, Wizard, Ranger (Rangers being like law enforcement) Theif, Healer (Healers being like preists) & Knight
I was thinking about adding immortality, being you can't die by age, sickness, hunger or thirst but decided against it.
Setting:
In the world of Imagice, In the kingdom of Drangaria
Drangaria is like a vast mountain range with many lakes, forests and plains.

This is what I have so far could some one give me some advice since I'm new?

This post has been edited by X_The Nameless on Mar 31 2005, 09:27 PM
wapa
Posted: Apr 1 2005, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Inquisitor

Member No.: 19585

The most important thing to do when designing an RP, or worldbuilding in general, is to constantly ask yourself questions like "Why?" "How?" and "And then what?". About everything.

You gave an okay amount of information for a threadpimp, but make sure you include much more in your discussion/recruitment thread, obtained by asking yourself those sort of questions. When you do something like this, it's amazing how much you can get - a whole world can be grown from a single phrase. And it only gets better when other people start asking you questions which you haven't thought about, because your gameworld may start going in entirely different directions to what you intended. That's the entire reason we have the C.I.S, otherwise known as the Inquisition.

Read Red's guide to the forum if you haven't already as well.

If your game attracts players enough to start, then keep yourself involved with it. If the GM isn't involved, then the players have a tendency to lose their enthusiasm. Not always, but it's only fair.

If your game doesn't attract many people, try to work out why it didn't succeed, fix the problems and try again. In the meantime, join some other games and play a while to build up your skills and reputation.

I don't need a reply by the way - post up your [disc/rec] thread and I'll see about Inquiring there.
PM
pirokorayje
Posted: Apr 1 2005, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 33263

Here, since it's just starting out. We need more people in order to get it running. Character sheets are on the first post in the thread. Information about the world is one the third post in the thread, not the first.

Title: Starfox Generations
Chapters: Mission 1 - Oikonney Returns
Start Date: March 31
Currently Active Players: Strike5(GM), Falgor the Half Demon, Pirokorayje, kaine_tonaki

Genre: SciFi/Action
Power Level: Not sure, as it is just starting. Assume slightly above average.

Starfox Generations is an RP based of off the video game Starfox. Unfortunately, not much is known for the game's future, as only four people have decided to even comment. Come and share your opinions. Refer to Strike5 for all matters regarding gameplay if you decide to reply and show interest.
PMUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
Akatsu
Posted: Apr 2 2005, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 39698

Here is mine, I'm new to the forums, so let me now if I made any mistakes.

Name: Imagilife
Genre: Fantasy
Story summary: The King of Dardurin has sent armies of soldeirs to invade countries that the king is friends with, why would he do that? so many people are sneaking in to the palace, following the soldiers, and doing the general stuff that's gonna anger the king. You and a group of people troubled by this are busting into the palace, but you don't know how to get in. How are you gonna do this?
Characters:
Races: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Fairy, Catalor (<-- cat person), Kanatal (<-- dog person), Phyner (<-- bird person) & Snalson (<-- snake person)
Weapons: The midevil stuff tongue.gif
Magic: Plently of magic types, Fire, Thunder, Water, Ice, Earth, Plant, Dark, Light, Wind & Time. You get more magic when your character learns a new skill, levels up, etc.
Setting
The country of Dardurin, a vast country much like Ireland, with lakes, mountains, caves and lots of fun places to explore!
Technology
The midevil stuff, swords, bows & arrows, axes, catapults... But a few magisters have inveted the clockworks which are basicly robots, but very flimsey and breakable, some of theses machines are said to have emotions.

That's mine lete me know what you think.

This post has been edited by Akatsu on Apr 2 2005, 10:30 AM
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) All 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic