l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (6) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [disc]: The Current Games On Mt: Rp, Discuss and Pimp your RPs!
wapa
Posted: Dec 1 2004, 10:33 PM
Quote Post

Inquisitor

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 19585

Quite a while ago, E-l337 posted a topic in which to talk about the current games on the MT RP forums. As he said,

Got any other cool games on the boards you want to talk about or is looking for more players? Talk about it in here. After all... a simple title for a game can sometimes be what drives a person away, but the game itself may be truly interesting...

Now, that thread may have died, but the principle is sound. We could use a place to put more info about our games, garner interest for an upcoming idea, or even simply pimp a game that's losing players for whatever reason. The last thread was quickly gone from the all-important First Page, and so sunk to wherever the hell it is now. So, I propose we get this stickied, like Andy's Guide to The Forums.

Now, to provide some actual content, would anyone be interested in an old-school Sword and Sorcery-type RP, in which the magic is (mostly) subtle, and the players are out to fulfill prophecies devised by both the GM and themselves?

Simply enough, the Overplot will be preplanned, just like in Opposing Forces - taking the form of ye olde standard tricksy Prophecy. The players would make up a prophecy of their own, which would have been given to them at some point - whether at birth, adulthood, just ten minutes ago by that crazy blind peasant woman, or what have you, and each one would entwine together somehow with the other players. As before, I'll be keeping my overplot general and interpretable, so you could wind up with any number of Whys and Hows - and given that it's prophecy, quite a few whats as well.
PM
Fricative
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 03:28 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 13037

I don't feel like pimping right now, but I will say that I'm interested in your idea. Depending on how my schedule plays out and whether or not I retreat due to being unable to think of an original idea, if your ideas gets off the ground (I hope so and do not doubt that it will), you'll either have a player or a lurking fan.
PMEmail Poster
Phagin
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 34014

I was wondering why there wasn't a thread like this already stuck to the top. You will have to be careful to keep it cleaned up with only the current games in it, or unsticky it and create a new one every so often. I wouldn't suggest having discussions about the games themselves here. Just a short description and a link to the [disc/rec] thread for more info or asking questions would be best.

I also think that having a separate thread for players looking for a game is a good idea. You never know if 6 people have the itch to play the same kind of game a GM may arise from the mists.
PMEmail Poster
yalborap
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

roleplaying postwhore extraordinare

Member No.: 26515

hurray! pimpage time!

My new RP hell's flame has just recently started. It is a sequel to fei's RP, rain of fire. Essentially, the idea is that evil has taken over, and all have been left as mere demons, serving satan himself. A small group have regained a sliver of humanity, and now must tear through the forces of evil and destroy satan. It's kinda cool.
http://forums.megatokyo.com/index.php?showtopic=1689422

We need more people!
PMAOL
E-l337
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 09:34 AM
Quote Post

Father of Death

Member No.: 2719

On another board, well over a year ago, many people cried out for a Futuristic Fantasy game... and I gave it to them. It went great, till I realized that particular board didn't have dedicated players like we do. That, and internet problems killed it.

Why do I say this? Well... because I just wanted to point out that, sometimes, when people say "I want this kind of game to be run!!" sometimes a GM CAN arise from the mists.

Refer to my sig. Though I've got one more game I'm currently considering running, I haven't recieved any info on it lately, and if it doesn't get off soon, I might be tempted to take on another game project (along with the one I'm already running).
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
wapa
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Inquisitor

I was wondering why there wasn't a thread like this already stuck to the top. You will have to be careful to keep it cleaned up with only the current games in it, or unsticky it and create a new one every so often.

Well, really, you'd just need to hit "Last page" to get to the most current ideas.

I wouldn't suggest having discussions about the games themselves here. Just a short description and a link to the [disc/rec] thread for more info or asking questions would be best.

Well, that's true. I guess it should have been [rec], but [disc] seems the standard tag for this sort of thing.

I also think that having a separate thread for players looking for a game is a good idea. You never know if 6 people have the itch to play the same kind of game a GM may arise from the mists.

Hmmm...now there's another good idea that wouldn't really work outside a sticky, and E-l337 makes a good point...

[editus maximus]

I think that that's actually why TBA restarted Fallen World, actually.

Well, I'll give Charchar a PM then.

This post has been edited by wapa on Dec 2 2004, 04:20 PM
PM
Char
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

♪So I got married♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 803

hmm..stickied.
PMEmail PosterIntegrity Messenger IMICQAOLYahooMSN
Fei
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 05:04 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 21417

Allright. The RP that I started is "Rain of Fire". It's about the end of the world and whatnot. It has not started yet and is still in the [Disc] phase. There are already some experinced RPers in there and should be cool.

I as the GM will have minimal control over the RP. That means that it is almost completely character run. The side that wins is completely based on the character's actions. There is no preset winner.

Check it out, Rain of Fire.

Will you usher the war forward, or bring it to an end?
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IMICQAOLYahooMSN
KhanProject
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Lvl 21 Stoopid Slayer

Member No.: 21579

New Tide series.

Basically, lots of water, orks and bling bling items. Oh yah, i try to find pictures whenever possible
PMEmail PosterAOL
Context
Posted: Dec 2 2004, 09:51 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 16193

I had an idea.

Why not create a "Game Card"?

It would be like a character sheet but for games....

Something like this:

Title: ((This section is for the title of the game. The current Story thread could be linked.))
Chapters: ((This is for the names and numbers of the different Chapters. The chapter titles could also be linked.))
Start Date: ((This is when the game started))
Currently Active Players: ((This is where you list your currently active players. If you were feeling really insane one could theoretically link their profiles but I think that would probably be excessive.))

Genre: ((Is it sci-fi? Action? Fantasy? Romance? Put that here))
Mood: ((This is a general mood of the game. Is it light-hearted? Brooding? Scary? Fun?))
Power Level: ((This is how powerful the characters are in comparison to regular people. Are they gods? heroes? normal people? The power level of the average player should be defined here.))

Overview: ((A general overview of what the game is about and what the goals of the game are. This should probably touch on setting and incorporate things like themes.))
History: ((A very general and brief look at what has happened so far in the game. Who did what where, basically))
Current Status: ((This is where one summarizes the current state of things within the game. Are players dropping out? Is everything going fine? Has nobody posted for weeks.... Put that here.))

And that's it.

As an example I am going to fill out Zoan: Aftermath's GameCard

I know it's Silver's game but it's close to me heart...

Title: Zoan: Aftermath
Chapters: Prologue, Chapter 1 – Beyond the Dome
Start Date: Jun 16 2004, 09:05 PM
Currently Active Players: SilverSeraph, Roku, Kinkou, Deadeye, GameStar

Genre: Science Fiction - Mystery
Mood: Paranoid
Power Level: Significantly powerful. The characters are hero’s of significantly superior ability. While not absurd the power level of this game is high.

Overview: Zoan takes place in the post apocalyptic city of Psynestria, a massive floating goliath sitting over the blasted rubble of what once might have been Japan. Within it’s environs live over 150 million human inhabitants, all that remains of humanity.

The world of Psynestria is controlled by the Military, a quazi-government that retains power through the simple expedient of killing those who threaten the city. The actual governing is done by five super-corporations, their names are Cortosis, Psynestetics, The Tao, Hodei Kaido, and ShadowCorp.

Within the sky city technology thrives. Nano-tech and cybernetic engineering have reached pinnacle levels. Anti-gravity has become so refined as to be capable of being carried in one hand. The only banned technology is that of biological engineering. There are no geneticists in Psynestria, the Military disappears all those who try it.

The game revolves around the actions of a small den of Stalkers, semi-legal mercenaries used in espionage and terrorism work by the Corporations. The game follows these Stalkers as they uncover mysterious plots and explore the strange and deadly world of the floating city.

History: Two Stalkers, Synth (SilverSeraph) and Wolf (Roku4), friends and fellow students of an elderly warrior, take a simple job to dispose of a murderer who apparently has some corporate sponsorship. With the help of their friend Glitch (Context), a victim of a childhood accident that left her biological body dead and her brain living within a cybernetically replicated shell, they quickly find their target but are put into great danger when the degree of protection is insanely high. Despite several near misses the three stalkers do manage to kill the murderer but are unable to ascertain the identity of the mysterious corporate backer. During this conflict Wolf fights and defeats a man named Chief, an intelligent guard of the mysterious corporate Boss.

A strange young woman named alternately Matricks, D. Moness, and Diz (Kinkou) steals her way into a banking headquarters and steals some data for the Tao. The young woman has something akin to voluntary multiple personalities resulting from a traumatic experience from her childhood.

Some days later Synth, Wolf and Glitch find themselves hired to dispatch a band of hover-cycle thugs named the Hawk-Bats. These brutes have stolen several experimental druids from Cortosis and the Stalkers must retrieve these droids before they can be sold on the open market. During their raid on the Hawk-Bat’s base Synth finds himself confronted by a strangely armed woman with the unlikely name of M120. She, armed with a powerful energy weapon, succeeds in almost killing Synth but with a last bold stroke Synth overheats her energy cannon, almost killing her in the process. Rather then dispatching his foe Synth shows mercy and injects her with a nano-tech medpack, saving her life. Glitch herself runs into the powerful cyborg Jimbo Climber and by playing possum gets close enough to disembowel him wit her bare hands.

The Hawk-bats defeated the Stalkers gather the droids but find that one of them is missing. Defeated, the Stalkers return the droids and are paid their much-reduced reward. While they are doing this an entity named Sylus, a massive man with a ShadowCorp corporate tattoo on his head was retrieving this still living remains of M120.

While this is happening the Military grants Corporations the rights to mount surface scavenging operations; the first such operations to happen since the apocalypse. A Hodei Kaido employee code-named Rhythm (GameStar) is part of the first one of these. She encounters and defeats and retrieves a bizarre genetic mutation, proof that life survives beyond the dome.

Synth, who’s real name is Zeo Valentine, rents the night club the Abbyss for a private party and calls his many friends from the Mecha Nation (a group of teenaged, cybernetic addicted, drug addicts) to drop by. As he prepairs for the Rave, Glitch is contacted by an old friend called Frankie, a man she has sworn that she will kill for reasons dealing with a prior contract. Frankie has a job for her. She is to return a small briefcase, unopened, to the Tao. In exchange she will be paid more then many Stalkers make in a year. Glitch agrees.

The briefcase is being held by a man dying of Pynth 7, a disease that eventually causes spontaneous combustion but prior to that gives immense psychic strength. The man gives Glitch the briefcase after ensuring that she will not tell anyone that he had managed to determine what was inside. He tells Glitch what it is: A single perfect cell. Proof of illegal genetic research. Glitch returns the briefcase and gets paid.

At Zeo’s rave things go badly wrong. ShadowCorp, the employers of Sylus and M120 attack the Rave just as something horrible happens to the network known as the Zoan, a strange signal causes all those connected to it to experience horrible nausia and vertigo along with something akin to spiritual pain.

While this is going on Zeo is almost killed by the resurrected M120, and his cybernetic assailant inserts something into his wounds. He falls unconscious where he hears a strange mantra. Three words, repeated ad infinitum, “Confound, Unfound, Define.” The meaning for these words are a mystery.

Wolf and Glitch manage to save their friend but Glitch is unable to find any traces of what was placed into his wounds. She does recognize that he is now infected with some kind of lymphatic virus. Something that bears a startling similarity to Psynth Seven. During Zeo’s convalescence his old lover Jordan shows up. She had been thought dead but was, instead, simply captured. She had apparently been used for medical testing which had left her almost dead. Glitch healed her as best she could and put her to sleep.

Along with several dozen other Stalkers, Lance (Deadeye), a young and upcoming stalker looking for his missing father, takes part in a disastrous mission to remove a rogue AI from control of a factory. Many of the Stalkers are killed but Lance survives and takes down the AI with a virus designed by Matricks. Lances eye patch, a powerful piece of cybernetics, is damaged. He managed to get some information from one of the factories employees about one of the men who might have been involved in his fathers disappearance, a man called Rewind.

Rhythm, who’s real name is Kimi, is given information about a group called the Vec Tir'nar. A secret society that lives in tunnels underneath the main living areas of the flying city. They are a strange group of thinkers and spies, but powerful. They offer to take care of Kimi’s badly wounded comatose son in exchange for her allegiance. She accepts.

Using the stolen eyes of the bouncers at the Abbyss Glitch and Wolf track one of M120’s henchmen to the underground fighting tournament called Bloodfist, a competition in which Wolf was once a champion. While investigating Wolf receives a transmission from his old Mentor Zen, a man no-one has heard from in many months. He follows the instructions and meets his mentor in his old Dojo where he finds him changed. His mentor attacks him, apparently unable to control his own actions, and Wolf kills him when his master recovers control at the last possible second.

Glitch meanwhile has her own problems. She is abducted by the same corporate employee whom she and her friends almost killed at the beginning of this story. He seems intimidating but non-threatening. He seems to know much about them but gives nothing away. He gives glitch a small envelope to give to Zeo. A gift, he says, free of charge. She enters her store to find Zeo slumped over a table unconscious and Jordan gone. She was apparently under some kind of hypnotic compulsion. Now someone who knows their secrets is out and about. The stalkers are naturally quite concerned.

Kimi arrives, having been asked by the Vec to investigate these three Stalkers, about whom many events seem to be unfolding. She knows Glitch, who used to be a friend of her son. There is some discussion and Kimi is sent off to the Ghettysburg where her questions about Stalkers can be more clearly answerer. On her way there she is contacted by a Hodei Kaido employee who offers her the opportunity to return to the surface, this searching for the remains of a previous salvage team. She accepts and heads off to the Ghettysburg.

D.Moness and Lance, along with several of their friends, have been hired to move some sensitive materials through the city. After many near misses and an all out firefight with the man called “Rewind”, they do finally manage to succeed in their mission. They are currently recuperating while Lance searches for some way to track Rewind down.

Several days pass and Zeo and Wolf’s wounds heal. They accept a contract for some light work involving recovering some data from a hacked computer system. The track of the thief leads them into the Warrens, a honeycomb of ancient housing blocks, where they are currently being chased by thousands of drug addled Dwellers.

((That took WAY more time then I though it would. I hope I didn't miss anything important.))

Current Status: Slow. We desperately need more players. The momentum of this game is lethargic despite the near fanaticism of our love for it. We need more players to keep things rolling. Zoan needs YOU! A new disc thread will likely to be thrown up when the current chapter ends.

Anyone else want to try?
PMEmail Poster
E-l337
Posted: Dec 3 2004, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Father of Death

Member No.: 2719

The only problem with cards like that is that you might accidentally scare away the new people, or bore away the guys that regularly play. The best way to get someone hooked is to give a brief description. Think of pimping your game as posting an ad for it in the paper. It must be short, concise, and to-the-point.

For example:

Name: Megatokyo: Death and Rebirth (Currently on chapter 2)
Genre: Action/Mystery/Whatever you make of it
Currently Active Players: About 4, including Jargon, DragonWarrior, and a few other oldbies.

MT DnR is set in the Megatokyo Universe, slightly in the future. If you've followed the previous games (Megatokyo: Zombie Attack, Megatokyo: Rebirth), then you'll see a little bit in here for you, as this is a continuation of those games. And if you're not... well, you're in for a hell of a ride.

So what's the basis of the game? Well, kill zombies, fight for truth and justice (or just some hot apple pie [wai for pie!]), and unravel the events that are slowly beginning to unfold around the city. Piro and company appear to be out of town, and you know what they say: When the cat's away, the mice will play. And these mice enjoy playing rough.

In a world that is slowly being overcome by zombie hoards, demonic armies, and faction wars, you must decide who and what you fight for. Is it yourself? For family? Or just the almighty dollar?

Lock and load. Because no matter who or what you fight for, you're in for a hell of a ride.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
Llewin
Posted: Dec 3 2004, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 33829

QUOTE (Phagin @ Dec 2 2004, 06:59 AM)

I really like that idea. When I say "like". I mean that someone should really do something about it. Since it's not my idea and dont really know how to introduce it, I'll ask that someone else try.

As for why I'm here. Raiders of the Lost Age is in dire need of more players. I'll post a game card but this is a very open RP.

Title: Raiders of the Lost Age
Chapters: Chapter 1, Find your courage... Make your legend...
Start Date: Idea started a long time ago, refreshed Nov 29 2004, 02:31 PM
Currently Active Players: Llewin, Leos, and Keith.

Genre: This is a modern fantasy game. The time is now but we use swords.
Mood: Very brooding, alot of mystery is involved.
Power Level:On a scale, 1 lowest, 10 gods, our characters are a 6. A bit above normal.

Overview: We are simply travelers in Great Briton, drawn together by fate. We are to band together and stampout myths that have arisen. Currently we intend to go after King Arthur. When I say stampout, it isnt limited to brute force.
History: Basically, we all started in the town of England, drawn together for no apperent reason. This game just started so it doesnt have a long history.
Current Status: Right now it is extremely slow. People dont post very much, probably once every four days. We havent had anything. Im serious when I say anything. No one has even bothered to come in and burn the thread. Or complement the idea or anything. It's weird.

This post has been edited by Llewin on Dec 3 2004, 10:49 AM
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
DragonWarrior
Posted: Dec 3 2004, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 5229

Well, might as well pimp mine out...

Name: Demon Hunters
Chapters: 1 & 2
Started: Damned if I know.
Active Players: DragonWarrior, Cyberlance, Jack, Yalborap, Femalefox66, ThatGuy, ugh...I hope I'm not leaving any ACTIVE players out...
Inactive players: Shadowcat, Philopsychoanthro, Rare_Heroine

Genre: Fantasy
Mood: Light hearted fun with lots of serious parts.
Power Level: Varies. Different characters, different power amount. Those interested in making an ultrapowerful unstoppable force, please apply elsewhere.

Overview: Demons infested the human world, 200 years ago. Human society still exists, but mainly in walled off cities, and small villages near those large cities. Humans, demons, half-demons. They all exist in this world, though Half's have the hardest lot of them all, rarely accepted anywhere. The game is relatively freeform, but noone is really doing that, so I'm having to set a few rails.

History: Long story short: We're kinda hunted by a powerful demonlord. Not that everything else ignores us though

Current status: Less active then I would prefer. But still active.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Redkun
Posted: Dec 3 2004, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 19630

Wouldn't be a current games thread without this. happy.gif

Right now we're pretty active, but we are always open to new players. The more players, the better the game.

Title: Scavenger Plains [disc] [story] [official guide]

Chapters: Each "chapter" covers one day. Currently we are on Day 3
Start Date: June 16, 2004
Currently Active Players: TracerBullet, Kreoss, Luki_Dimension, wapa, DolceVita, Samu, E-l33t, Kawaii Catboy, The_Blind_Artist & R41d3n.

Set in a desert world surrounded by a sea of vicious sandstorms named "The Void", Scavengers roam the dunes searching for fame, fortune or whatever they desire while living off the numerous treasures hidden deep in the sands of Incuria.

Believe it or not, it really is as simple as that. You play the role of a Scavenger, and you have an entire world as your playground. Each of the six Oasis Towns that form the cornerstones of Incuria's civilisation has its own background and culture that give you plenty of creative freedom in deciding the story of your character.

You can choose to get swept up in the big events that are rocking Incuria, such as the underground war between a political leader looking to make all Scavengers obsolete and the tiny mercenary group opposing him. You can choose to make your own adventure, and find your own rewards. You can choose to hunt legendary creatures, play a high-octane sport, follow religion, sell your services as a mercenary, research the history of Incuria, or just hang out and shoot the breeze.

Incuria is a place where you create your own legend. And your legend begins here.

This post has been edited by Andrew I on Dec 3 2004, 03:06 PM
PMEmail Poster
Samu
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 08:21 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I'd like to pimp Scavenger Plains even further.

One of the coolest things about it is all the little stuff Andy works in. If you leave the current group and go to a certain Oasis town on a certain day, you might still find work(hint hint). If you get a certain number [disc] post, you can find yourself the owner of a powerful new weapon mailed to where you were going for absolutely no apparent reason.

We've got ex-thieves, misunderstood demons, religous zealots, blasphemers, unsung heroes, rich kids run away from home, the occult, and, if you're interested in joining my sub-plots, a cataclysmic clash of good against evil threatening to tip the balance of power in Incuria toward a freaky little gnome commanding armies of desert warriors just asking to be slaughtered.
Nestor
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

~Debauchery Tea Party~

Member No.: 24897

Title: Cybernetic Nilhism
Chapters: Cyberntic Nilhism: Sanguine- Meet the boss.
Start Date: Idea started a long time ago, implemented a few days ago.
Currently Active Players: ThatGuy1079, Last of Fallen, TormentedSoul, katanacowboy777.
Genre: This is a dystopian cyberpunk world.
Mood: Very brooding, alot of plot twists are to be expected.
Power Level: If you judged on a scale of 1-10, we're at 3 or 4. strong enough to be fearsome to normal people, but limited by technology, society, and circumstance.
Overview: A team of promising thugs is recruited by a high and powerful exec to forge into a useful fighting team. His goal is to play the corporations off each other enough to keep their center of power destabilized. If they're worrying about each other, the governments may have a chance to reassert themselves.
History: Not much history, we're about a week old.
Current Status: Right now it is extremely slow, but I'm hoping it'll pick up.
GMs: Last of Fallen, ThatGuy1079

This post has been edited by ThatGuy1079 on Dec 4 2004, 03:00 PM
PMEmail Poster
Samu
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Currently Active Players: ThatGuy1079, Last of Fallen, TormentedSoul, katanacowboy777.

Oh...that hurts.
Last of Fallen
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Joy! Runner baffles gonad.

Member No.: 19695

Oh...that hurts.

But TG and I would like it if you made a post *hint hint*.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Wonder Chicken
Posted: Dec 5 2004, 02:22 AM
Quote Post

~Makoto's Way~

Member No.: 33190

I'd just like to say that you don't need colossal amounts of players for an rp game, that's something I didn't realize, but a stable core of at 3-5 folks who post good written work and spend time making it a fun read. I think I'd like a few more voluntteers for my RP, but for the most part I think I could only handle ten people at the most. I have no intention of cheapening my material for the wandering masses.

Viva Quality!
PM
Fei
Posted: Dec 5 2004, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 21417

I would like to point out that we are in a desperate need of players for the Rain of Fire RP.

Current Players: E-l33t, Samu, Keyo, Fei, Yalborap, (maybe Wapa: hasn't decided yet), and...Is that it?

This RP calls for alot of people. Those who like the freedom of Scavenger Plains will like the freedom allowed in this RP.

Please join!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IMICQAOLYahooMSN
Mooseman
Posted: Dec 5 2004, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

mrowrrrt

Member No.: 15197

Hm...Why not..

Title: The Teen Titans
Chapters: #1 Titans Atlast?
Start Date: November 5th
Currently Active Players: RavenDrake, Kawaii Catboy, PhilWeasel, Llewin, Keyoooooh!, Fei'd, Yalboraparoiticastimation...Eh Yal, S(h)amu edit: forgot the ol' switch but won't link XD

Genre: Old school Comic nerd..genre
Mood: From Opinions of others, they prolly don't know. But it's basically a Teen Angst Horror action story. And bygones I hope they atleast pretend to have fun.
Power Level: They Probably all feel like gods, but I plan to aid in smacking them down to reality every now and then like a caring parent would.

Overview: Setting concepts of interaction between kids who all live isolated lives and are intended to gather together to find other isolated soul that they must learn to work together with. One big Drama, perfect for the Gilmore Girls or One True Hill side of ya :D
History: Kids meet, angst shout and scream. Thrown on crash course in training, one gets hurt and makes big fuss, another goes through puberty in about 3 pages of posts. Soon in Future threads will DEPART for super fun action ride(no one has heard this HOT gossip before XD), while the others eat breakfast. A grim day for Cap'n Crunch.
Current Status: All the ladies are totally over me-...oh, you mean...the game, right. The game is actually being viewed and posted LIKE FREAKING HOT CAKES!!! So yeah, it might be bragging, but this is one sucess I never saw coming...

SUPREME LINKAGE!!! Anyone Jealous? :P

This post has been edited by Mooseman on Dec 5 2004, 08:28 PM
PMICQAOLYahooMSN
Samu
Posted: Dec 6 2004, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Is your "o" key broken or something? It's SHAMOO DAMMIT!!!11

For those who are interested, I'm thinking of starting a fantasy RP after all the games I'm in now die out. I can see some of them gone within six months, but Scavenger Plains will be hard to kill. I'm going to spend the time between now and then fleshing a load of shit out, doing the math to figure out where stuff is and how far you'd need to walk to get there, and what exactly the difference between a Samu and a Shamoo (Mooseman!) is. It'd be ambitious, so I wouldn't be joining a whole lot of other games. I'd probably need an assistant GM, and I'm deciding who I'm going to ask.
Mooseman
Posted: Dec 6 2004, 12:25 PM
Quote Post

mrowrrrt

Member No.: 15197

QUOTE (Samu @ Dec 6 2004, 11:06 AM)
Is your "o" key broken or something? It's SHAMOO DAMMIT!!!11

No one likes Seaworld jokes these days ¬¬

I'd probably need an assistant GM, and I'm deciding who I'm going to ask.

I wouldn't mind helping, I've been an assistant GM before and it kinda just got me yelled at by people for being a bossy ass, when I was unofficially one.
PMICQAOLYahooMSN
PaoRou-sama
Posted: Dec 7 2004, 12:35 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 32048

uhh... I'm going to start an RP thread...

Title: 'Requiem: Universal Rebirth'

Story: The world has ended in an event somewhere in the pacific ocean known only as 'the event'. The few human survivors find themselves in a world filled with wandering spirits and demons of mythologies once untrue. However, another miracle occurs, and the human survivors each gain a link to a spirit/demon who in turn grants them powers. Now, a new war is being waged as beacons for creation
shine in many parts of the world. The few Human survivors race to these beacons carrying their hopes and dreams to create a new world. Allies will be made, foes will be vanquished, and the world will be reborn, or destroyed, depending on the outcome of this battle.

Players: none yet... I have a few players who may or may not play, though.

System: More on story passing... if 2(or any number) players decide to fight each other, they will recieve a PM from me telling them who should win or lose. it's up to them how they want to do it.

Characters: Each player has 1 character only. he/she must describe that character in detail, as well as the spirit/demon the character has a link to. If the player decides to use a deity, he must choose from existing mythologies here:
Greek/Roman, Egyptian, Norse, Chinese, Japanese, Hindu.

pimping done.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
wapa
Posted: Dec 21 2004, 05:45 AM
Quote Post

Inquisitor

Well, here's a belated further pimping.

I've just posted my Sword-&-Sorcery attempt, The Prophecies of Arrath.

It's somewhere between freeform and preplanned saga, with an emphasis on player creativity...but a rather large and detailed opening post all the same. Complete with Map! ZomG!
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic