l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> More than an illustration (Yuki's Love Song), More than an illustration (Yuki's Love Song)
LainEverliving
Posted: Jan 14 2003, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 8655

*With the wood which AncestralHamster knawed, the Minstrel of Megatokyo now built a nice, clean and hazard free stage. As the next song was about to begin, the sounds of Dreagos and Nightwalker AK attempting to drop buildings on each other distracted him. With a sigh, the minstrel puts down his Stratocaster, and instead pulls out 1966 custom guitar, with the symbols of hearts carved into it. Slowly strumming on the guitar, the Minstrel of Megatokyo began another kind of song, a song of love, to settle the conflict, and dispell the hate.*

It all began in a manga shop
In the corner of the store.
A shy blonde stranger was reading 'bout
Some little schoolgirls on the floor.
That's when I found him.
That's when I saw his face.
And pretty soon he left the place
But his sketchbook stayed behind.

Love is more than just an illustration.
Love is more than just a feeling.
It always has been and it always will be
A sort of thing with lots of meaning.

From that book I saw his spirit
Coming through on to the paper.
I saw the doubt, I saw the longing
And I wanted to ease his pain.
That's when I found him.
And pretty soon I left the place
But I couldn't leave that sketchbook behind.

I'll tell you now that it wasn't easy
Giving back that book of his.
With my tauning friends behind me
And infront of me, just his shyness.
That's when I found him.
And pretty soon I had to leave the place
But I left his sketchbook behind.

These days I just sit and daydream
For that shy boy and his sketches.
My friends and parents don't see my longing
They don't know I'm taking lessons.
That's when I'll find him.
That's when I'll see his face.
And pretty soon we'll both leave this place
But my love will stay behind.

And the sketchbook stays with him.
It doesn't matter anymore.
I've gone beyond those simple feelings
When I first saw it...
On the floor.

LainSaysSupportTheMegatokyoPeaceMovement
PMEmail Poster
LordVetinari
Posted: Jan 14 2003, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 3357

*once again clapping enthusiastically. Once the song is finished, Vetinari the dreadnought takes advantage of his tall size (about 4 meters) to carry the MegaTokyo Minstrel in triumph everywhere around the forum boards and promises he'll bring whatever help he can for future shows*

This one's wonderful. Second best song after the Fanboy War Song !
PMEmail Poster
Spiff
Posted: Jan 14 2003, 12:19 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 302

What to say... what to say? Ah... heck. *Cries* That was sweet.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
KawaiiPing-chan
Posted: Jan 14 2003, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

Resident Tifa & Magical Girl Rinoa

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 705

In these dark times, you are a light, and if you weren't so talented, I would crush that light, but hey, even demonic fangirls like to listen to some good music!

Perhaps, if I may, request a song about Ping?
LainEverliving
Posted: Jan 14 2003, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Local

A song about Ping, eh? I'll see what I can do.
I eventually want to try and write songs for all of the Megatokyo characters that I can. So far, I've got Miho, Asmodeus, and Yuki (The Bungalo Bill parody doesn't count, since it isn't original), as well as important forum events (such as the Fanboy War). I am planning to try and turn out at least three songs each week, perhaps on the days of the comic... In addition, I will do parodies on Saturdays, whenever I can. Obviously, I can't always come up with material, but when I can, I will.
Other than that, thanks a lot! I really don't deserve any of your praise. But so long as you're sending it my way, I guess I'll bask in my undeserved glory! Once again, thank you! I hope I can continue to deliver songs which you will all enjoy. The Minstrel of Megatokyo will return...
PMEmail Poster
peropero
Posted: Jan 14 2003, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 2916

hmmm. it seems that you are the first one I saw trying to stop the conflict. nice song.
PMEmail Poster
Derian Hatcheter
Posted: Jan 14 2003, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 496

:::waves a lighter in the air:::

Oh yeah, man. That was good.
PMEmail Poster
Draegos
Posted: Jan 14 2003, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 300

* At the YLF's "Beta Site" on Na Pali, the YLF freedom-fighters are all crying openly and embracing their comrades (Bob in particular is so caught up in emotion that he doesn't even realize that the Nali worker he's hugging has been snapped neatly in two by his gigantic arms). The plightful sobs of the noble soldiers echo out over the lush green forests of the beta site. *

"It's so... true!!"

"We must redouble our efforts!"

"Poor Yuki!"

"I've never felt closer to her than I do right now..!"

"I feel like I want to just give her a great big hug!!"

(sniff)

"Ah-bu-di-!"

* As one, without a single word, the entire Beta Site team heads towards the newly-excavated Stargate, and sets the DHD to the Megatokyo gate that's been sitting in the vacant lot behind Anna Miller's (no, really). They arrive and head immediately for Anna Millers to begin drowning their sorrows in pie. Draegos, just having finished recieving a clean bill of health from Meagen at the UFL Field Hospital, saunters in lethargically, tears of paternal aching in his eyes, and joins his forces without a word. *

Draegos: "They are so right, man. All this war and hate is pointless. Our love of Yuki is all that should matter."

* The troops nod, clutching their CNMDs for comfort.*

Draegos: "So let's go beat up ravers at the Cave of Evil to prove our love for Yuki!!"

* The commandos roar, and storm out of the restaraunt to the supportive cries of the Anna Miller's staff ("Good luck!" and "Get those deadies!" and "Hey, who's paying for all this?!" and the like), un-shouldering their flak cannons and link guns. They march across the street and immediately begin laying seige to the building. Draegos stops firing just long enough to turn to the camera with a lop-sided smile. *

"Well, what did you expect us to do?"

* With that, he returned to his work, creating chaos from reason while the world cried. *

[And just in case you jokers get any ideas, the DHD address for the YLF's Beta Site is secret; only Draegos and Bob know the combination.]
Nightwalker AK
Posted: Jan 14 2003, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 541

Excellent as always Lain. I think the Poets of MT have some serious competition in you.

*The assault on the building overhead is reduced to a dull rumble by a hundred-odd feet of rock. Deep in the Chruch's control center, the staff is watching the YLF forces on the main monitor. Nightwalker enters wearing a headache-inducint Hawiian shirt and slacks, absently flexing his cybered arm.*

Initiate: "Um, Sir, there's a YLF assault team laying siege to the building..."

Nightwalker: "Is there. Well, we're not in the building, so what's the problem?"

Initiate: "How should we respond sir? I can have the defensive Autocannons shred the lot in about three seconds."

*Nightwalker shakes his head with a 'damn kids' look on his face.*

Nightwalker: "No need Initiate. They're merely doing what we would do, inspired by such a song. It's hard to imagine, after what they're teaching you about Yuki in training, but our two groups are not unlike each other. Our methods differ, but our motivations are largely the same. Evacuate whoever's left in the Cathedral, and reset the teleport pads for somewhere in low orbit over Russia."

Initiate: "We're not going to fight them sir?"

Nightwalker: "Let them take the Cathedral if they really want it that badly. They'll get bored after they smash everything and raid the bar. It's not like we can't rebuild the place in an hour or so."
PMEmail Poster
masamage
Posted: Jan 14 2003, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 639

That...is beautiful, and amazing.
AncestralHamster
Posted: Jan 14 2003, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 8984

Nice work. Do you you actually write music for these songs, or do they only exist as set of lyrics?

LainEverliving
Posted: Jan 14 2003, 10:13 PM
Quote Post

Local

Well, I'm not exactly a composer per see, but I do come up with music in my head for the songs. I assume that if I knew a bit more about notation and such, I could probably write music, but at the moment, they are just lyrics to everyone other than me.
If any of you hear any beat or rhythm that you think would go with these songs, and you feel like writing and recording it, feel free! I would love to hear an MP3 of any of these little songs that I've written. Really, they're just my way of rollplaying, but if you like them so much...
PMEmail Poster
akanethebluerose
Posted: Jan 14 2003, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 8543

*cheers* WAI!! WAI!! *applaudes*Kawaii, happy.gif too too cute....
PMEmail Poster
Derian Hatcheter
Posted: Jan 15 2003, 12:40 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 496

ROFLOL at Draegos and Nightwalker.
PMEmail Poster
-snow-
Posted: Jan 15 2003, 12:47 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

excellent work my man.....

--------------------------------------------------

"why the hell am i always in the wrong place at the wrong time......"

snow had to wonder. Now he was across the street from waring fanboys. the initial screams of vengance had of course, caused the cute waitress to spill his cappichino, and if snow hated two things it was wasted coffee and upset waitresses.

snow reassured the waitress he was going to try to take care of the unruly mob.... and then gave her his number and a smile.

Snow walked across the street from the ORAZ cathedral...

"HEY FUCKERS - QUIT THIS. I WAS TRYING TO ENJOY MY CAPPUCHINO, AND A REALLY NICE WAITRESS, BUT YOU HAD TO GO AND RUIN IT WITH YOUR FSCKING LITTLE FANBOY WAR!!!!!"

everyone looked at the lone figure in the middle of the street.

and then went back to the battle.

"well, at least i tried....."

snow walked back inside and closed the door. then he went to find asimov.

"yo - asimov..... we have a fanboy war brewing in the streets. you wanna close up shop or just lower the blinds and put up a "closed" sign?"
asimovforever1
Posted: Jan 15 2003, 06:26 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 2511

[Asimov POV]

I was headed towards the bar, noticing the Hatcheter seemed to be having a conversation with Irving when suddenly and rather loudly Snow began to scream at the top of his lungs.

I turned quickly on my heel and headed towards the front exit of the OCSB. It had been Snows break period and rather than drink a *Ye Beste Cappuccino in Towne* he had headed across the street to one of those yuppie coffee shops. It wasn't that their coffee was all that good but the waitresses (who I had already attempted to hire away from my competition) wore very kawaii outfits.

That made me worry about something...I hadn't seen Durden in a while.

Snow met me directly inside the door...

"Yo - Asimov...We have a fanboy war brewing in the streets. You wanna close up shop or just lower the blinds and put up a 'closed' sign?"

"It's on days like these that we get our best business...and ingredients. Isn't your break period over? Back to the Kitchen with you."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
Psieye
Posted: Jan 15 2003, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Speculator & Lore Hunter

Member No.: 5841

Extract from my full post in The Miho Files:

In reply to:

With that the Researcher warped away with the Stargate, leaving behind a hole in the vacant lot.

{I still can't believe they just did that...}

After stunned thoughts and planning, Psieye decided to return to OCSB.

{I hope that siege goes on for some time. I need to think. And I'm sure I heard someone mention CNMDs in there - from the Bar...}

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
Confused_one
Posted: Jan 15 2003, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9959

very good indeed...no more to say really...keep it up i guess
PMEmail Poster
KawaiiPing-chan
Posted: Jan 15 2003, 11:25 AM
Quote Post

Resident Tifa & Magical Girl Rinoa

Member No.: 705

I can hear in my head the songs being sung, and I could probably sing em, but my only means of recording it would be with a tape recorder. I know a little bit (very little) about notation, and I have a computer program at home that allows me to compose music (and play it with different instruments and/or sound effects), but I don't know NEARLY enough to be successful.
Meagen
Posted: Jan 15 2003, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 501

I relaxed in my chair, listening to the familiar buzz of the city: traffic honking, Martians blowing things up, hapless customers of the ORAZ snack-bar moaning in angony (nothing some beer won't cure), a police mech denting the sidewalk as it ran by, a lovely voice singing songs on the Idols of the Fanboys, the YLF pillaging and burning the CoM cathedral (let's hope they remeber to pillage first, burn later this time).

Reading the files Mephasis sent me on the dolls they made of me (an all-around sucess. who knew?) I wondered idly wether Draegos had caught up to Nightwalker yet. Those two were always blowing each other up in inventive ways.

Suddenly, I found myself wondering if Draegos was hurt. The thought was alarming and yet... appealing. 'Oh, come on', I told myslef, 'You only released him half an hour ago after fixing the last hammer imprings on his skull. And he's a big and tough guy who can survive an orbital strike. You won't be seeing him very soon.

'Pity...

'No, good riddance. There are other patients to take care of...

'...none so cute, though...

'...especially since that new snack bar opened. No, you won't be seeing him for a while, so you better just forget the whole thing...

'...that's right...
'

I leaned back with a sigh, wiping at my eyes with the back of a hand. 'I'm just tired. Time to go to bed... It's been a long day.'

Meagen
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Draegos
Posted: Jan 15 2003, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

[History-making post - Draegos gives in and abandons the asterisk/scipt style for straight prose! Mark your calendar!]

With a cheer, the job was officially done. Victorious, the YLF comandos lowered their...

...Tools.

They'd spent twelve hours slowly destroying the Cave Of Evil with small-arms fire. And then they spent the next twelve hours rebuilding it. Bob had just finished the final coat of paint, and the cement from the new faux-mountain cave exterior at the entrance was finally dry.

"Yeah," Draegos said. "Let's see a bunch of deadies rebuilding something. All they can do is destroy."

"I still think we should have at least left a few observation cameras," offered a white-skinned Necris commando. "I mean, what a golden opportunity."

Draegos shrugged. "Wouldn't be right. We rebuilt the joint as a gesture of fair-play, so we wouldn't taint the purity of Yuki's Love Song by leaving on a note of destruction. Besides, they'd just find them all and remove them." He grinned to himself. "The pie boobytrap in Nightwalker's chamber's enough of a parting shot for me."

He waved a hand. "YLF, we are leaving! Form up and single-file it back to the gate!"

Ten minutes later...

Roughly fifty assorted commandos stood motionless in the vacant lot behind Anna Millers.

Draegos blinked. "Uh... Where's the Gate?"

He walked up to a circular impression on the ground, a small, extremely shallow crater. "Where's the Dial-Home Device?"

Draegos unshouldered his Link Gun and loaded a fresh plasma pack. "I smell a rat. A big, commie rat."

"Actually, I think it's probably just Psieye."

"Oh. Right. Or that. Could be that, too."

[Blunter, funnier, easier-for-others-to-read-quickly asterisk/script posts will return next time! Or not! You never do know, do'd you?!]
HitotsuDake
Posted: Jan 15 2003, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 8464

any plans on recording it?
PMEmail Poster
LainEverliving
Posted: Jan 15 2003, 07:58 PM
Quote Post

Local

*The following is an official message from the Minstrel of Megatokyo:

I'mSorry!I'mSorry!I'mSorry!I'mSorry!I'mSorry! <deep breath> I'mSorry!I'mSorry!I'mSorry!...

Sorry, but no new song today. I had one all finished for Ping, but my computer decided to crash, so I lost it just before I could post. I'll try and get a new Ping song done by the end of the week. It's too bad, the song was really nice... Ah well. Such is life.

By the way, at the moment there is only one Minstrel of Megatokyo, but here's the chance for that the change! I have a beautiful knawed wood stage, created by AncestralHamster, plus a large collection of guitars. If anyone is interested in joining up with the Minstrels of Megatokyo, please let me know. Anyway, I have to go. Once again,

I'mSorry!I'mSorry!I'mSorry!I'mSorry!I'mSorry!

This has been an official message from the Minstrel of Megatokyo.*
PMEmail Poster
Draegos
Posted: Jan 16 2003, 02:54 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

No worries, Lain! We'll wait!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options   Reply to this topicStart new topic