l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (3) All [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Forget Piro gettin storylines outta the forums..., Forget Piro gettin storylines outta the forums...
DaManRando
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 12:29 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 3421

A thought occured to me, do you suppose piro ever reads through the forums and giggles evily as we speculate questions that the comic raises, and then strings us along on one path, while he goes and supprises us with somethin else, forcin us to re-evaluate our theroies....

*glances around nervously* the eyes.......

*blinks and goes and finds somethin else to reply to*
PMEmail PosterAOL
Mordain
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 12:36 AM
Quote Post

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 7699

Hmm the "Piro is an evil sadistic bastard" theory is new to me...sounds like a plan. I guess he must look through some of the posts where we speculate on the upcoming storylines but I can't see him going out of his way to torment us. This isnt Dom we're talking about.
PMEmail Poster
Nightwalker AK
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 12:40 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 541

Some of us who have been here a little longer know; Piro reads more of the forums than we realize. The Fanboy Wars oficially scared him, Latency may have been borrowed, and he is well aware of the unique factions and opinions that populate this place, as well as what theories come of it (how else do you explain the Evil Minion shirts?).

In fact, he's probably watching us right now... *shifty eyes*

</paranoid>
PMEmail Poster
DaManRando
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 01:12 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 3421

Fanboy wars huh?

Somehow, I don't want to know..... and the Factions are no big supprise, they happen everywhere *reminded of all the lame factions on that RP chat I hang out at*
PMEmail PosterAOL
Nightwalker AK
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 01:29 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Heh. You have NO idea... If you want info on them, PM me.
PMEmail Poster
JRandomLurker
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 02:11 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 409

"Latency may have been borrowed"

Nani? What makes you say that?

Also, I just had to namedrop DietWaterCzar's MegaTokyo: The Clans official resource page, complete with a listing of All The Fanboy War Threads There Ever Were (more or less) on the site's about page.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOL
ViolentChemistry
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 7565

I read the header about the fanboy wars, and then I wept for seven days and seven nights. I mean, I can see where some people would go Ford or Chevy, or even choose one gaming platform over another, but of all things you'd think they could agree that it's ok to like both girls!
PMEmail Poster
Piro
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 10:19 AM
Quote Post

seraphim fanboy
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

In fact, he's probably watching us right now... *shifty eyes*

hey, dom, i think they're on to us. tongue.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Piro
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

seraphim fanboy
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

actually, since this seems to be a real topic of discussion over the past week or so, let me clarify things on how i read and use the forums.

I read the forums, this on in particular, to see what the reactions are to what I am doing. It's facinating to see how close and how far off people tend to guess or 'get' things. This is something most print comic people don't have - instant feedback.

Do i take ideas from the story prediction threads? no. I have most of MT planned out, and I also would never use an idea found here for one simple reason - i would never use someone elses idea without giving them credit. Now, that doesnt mean that the discussions i read here don't effect me or the story - it does, mainly because the forums are like a weather vein - it makes me feel confident that people really DO read into the stories the way i hope they do.

Part of the fun, of course, with writing a good story, is avoiding predictability. If you knew what was going to happen, there would be no interest in reading. It's the fact that things might not turn out the way you really want them to that keeps people reading.

An example of me seeing that people sometimes really do get things - in another thread some people picked up on the Dark Knight / Monty Python tribute gag in the 4th panel today. It's not blatant, but people picked up on it. Good stuff.

As far as all the theorising about all the characters, Miho, Erika, etc - taken as a whole over the past few years, it makes you think. Based on what people seem to think at certain part of the stories, it helps me fine tune what i need to do next.

Anyways, thought you all might find that interesting. tongue.gif

piro
\v/r41th
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Piro, I must say, you are l33t.

Write on Piro! Write on!
Nightwalker AK
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

"Gah! He radiates l33t! I must bow!"

(I love Under Power)

Yanno, I think when you can get an audience this big, all of this audience, feeling exactly what you want them to, when you want them to, I'd call that quite an accomplishment.

As an example, I bring up Strip ID# 0236, "Falling Darkly." I don't think anyone was prepared for that one or the response it generated (sorry about that!). When you can get several thousand people up in arms with an empty panel, you know you've got something good going.

Now if only there were a way to use the power for evil... ask Dom, he may have some advice on that.

And in all honesty Piro, I don't think any of us would really care if you borrowed bits from us. Hell, we'd probably think it was the coolest thing since Linux.
PMEmail Poster
K4w411 N3k0
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 11:44 AM
Quote Post

mTLu Leader

Member No.: 6109

Now I know how he does it, I must take notes for later on. Plan on having a webcomic up in a few years. Most likely will not be this successful, but it shall be fun.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Larom
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 12:00 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 6888

The greatest part is that some of us are getting close every once in a while, and he COULD use some ideas from people that are like his and we wouldn't know. Not that he WOULD, he said that already, but he could take part of an idea from somewhere that was similar to his own, call it his own and that person would merely think "Well, I guessed right for once." It would be greatly flattering in my opinion.
Or..... (now that I think about it) Piro could have already told someone that he likes their idea and asked permission to use it in secret. If they never tell, then how are we to know?
How-ever it is brainstormed, or by who, the weaving of the story still belongs to Piro and his "Gr34t L33tn33s" and for that I bow down to him in reverence.

Keep up the great work!
PMEmail Poster
catmaneatscoffee
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 7804

i used to be spekkio, but i forgot my password and changed my email address... aww...

i just wanted to comment that piro is 1337. üb3|2 1337. more 1337 as 74c05.
PMEmail Poster
Rhonstet
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 6969

Not using the forum for idea is truly the mark of an artist, while using the forum for feedback is the mark of an entertainer. Bravo on both counts.

If one of us wants to take a crack at a fanstrip, I'd rather see that then the actual author use someone else's idea. What's the worst that could happen, aside from being publically mocked by an authority figure we seek to emulate?
PMEmail Poster
Psieye
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Speculator & Lore Hunter

Member No.: 5841

So what would you do if you were finalising the next strip when someone suddenly posts a speculation that fits almost perfectly? I guess it depends on when the speculation goes up but would you ever change your short-term plans if someone by chance speculated correctly in detail? Of course, the chances of that happening are almost 0...

Must be fun teasing/torturing us with what you might come up with, especially as you try (and succeed) to avoid predictability... Seeing all of us get it wrong sometimes... But this is one area where I enjoy being wrong! How else can I find the drive to continue doing 'Speculation for [xxx]' threads? Keep it up!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
plufim
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 387

In reply to:

An example of me seeing that people sometimes really do get things - in another thread some people picked up on the Dark Knight / Monty Python tribute gag in the 4th panel today. It's not blatant, but people picked up on it. Good stuff.

I missed that. Silly me. Perhaps if Largo had said "have at you" I might have... heh.

Funnily, your attitude to readers discussions is somewhat similar to mine (sure, on a much, much smaller scale, but still, that's not the point). Similarly, my comic also has an overall plot direction, but I have allowed it to be flexible. And by paying attention to the attitudes of the readers I have been able to work out what has worked, and what hasn't and change anything if required. Plus, it helped me throw in a plot twist that absolutley no-one was ready for. And I laughed evilly. Bwa ha ha!
Oh, and then there's the plot holes I managed to patch up by having them pointed out to me... but I don't speak of those...
Izuko
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Emperor of the Americas

Member No.: 615

I always kind of thought that you got ideas for how to portray things from the fourm. While the story may stay the same, it seems you pick up things like "this needs to be explained a bit more, they didn't quite catch it" or "they're going on about where Erika's costume is from, so I'll have Piro specifically mention it."
Ray Kremer
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Fanmod #1
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3418

In reply to:

"they're going on about where Erika's costume is from, so I'll have Piro specifically mention it."

Naw. That whole thing about Piro "noticing" Erika was rather dependant on Erika wearing a fuku from a ren'ai game, and Piro knowing that it was a fuku from a ren'ai game. Fred didn't need to mention it just to appease us, we'd matched it to pictures from Clannad within days of its first appearance. (Though of course that doesn't prevent others from asking again once the initial thread rolls off the first page.) Besides, if there's some in-joke that Fred wants us to know about, he usually puts it in the rant column.
Rancid Fish
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 175

Piro... though you may think that you don't take people's ideas without crediting them, do you ever consider that you might do so unintentionally? Many times I've come up with something new that, as soon as someone points it out, is just something I'd seen/heard before and forgotten that I hadn't come up with it myself.

However, you do say that you have Megatokyo planned far out in advance, and most people speculate short-term, so it probably doesn't affect you much.

Still, it's food for thought.
PMEmail Poster
peropero
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 2916

hush! you might disappear too like the others
<runs over to his own little corner of the world and shudders....actually more like spasms....>
and the little alien-like blackish-white kitty said "moo, i will kill j00....and that internet personality of yours t00!"

seriously though, piro might actually be getting ideas from us so that we will be interested even more. imagine what could have happened if there was a great negative reaction to Miho for example....she might not exist in the MT world of that path of reality as to where we are now....
PMEmail Poster
Aiken
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 7695

gahhh!! The l337n355 of Piro overwelms me!! lol, I really do think that Fred is very cool, and that MT is beyond the realm of normal l337, it has reached the ultimate form of l337. If I were Fred (I can only wish (not in a sick way, in admiration)), I would love to read the forums and see what the fans think is going on.
PMEmail Poster
Shock
Posted: Dec 2 2002, 10:00 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 4769

I'm sure that Fred is quite busy, so I have no idea how much time he has left over between MT and Seraphim. It seems from his rants that he doesn't even have enough for Seraphim, which means I'm glad that he spends it with her instead of reading our posts, no matter how well thought out they are.
PMEmail Poster
peropero
Posted: Dec 3 2002, 01:39 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 2916

...what if they read together?
<runs away>
<veryveryveryvery far away>

I didn't mean anything by it!
PMEmail Poster
Telliamed
Posted: Dec 3 2002, 01:50 AM
Quote Post

Delusional Fool

Member No.: 343

Idunno about Fred&Sarah, and Dom doesn't drink, but I'm sure Wing has his own little "MegaTokyo Forum Drinking Game"

Take a drink when...
... Someone says strip #44 is foreshadowing.
... Someone asks what happened to Rod.
... Someone doesn't know that "Miho" and "Tohya" are the same person.
... Two drinks if they think "Kimiko" and "Nanasawa" are different people.
... Someone thinks Erika and Kimiko are sisters.
... Someone mentions the fanboy war.
... Someone asks how to pronounce "Piro"
And finish the bottle whenever someone compares MT to LH.
PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) All [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topic