l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (5) All 1 2 [3] 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Free Games And Stuff [feb 15, 07 Updated], MMORPGs, MUDs, etc your suggestions
scotty7
Posted: Dec 1 2006, 03:29 AM
Quote Post

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 52304

From the Publishers of "Fly for Fun" and "Space Cowboy Online":

Rappelz - An Epic of the Ultimate Creature. A F2P MMORPG (with a $-Shop too) but easy to play without pay. Featuring 3 Races with each 3 Classes, lots of skills. Pretty good 3D-Graphics, runs also on older machines. Leveling or Skilling is possible as Solo or in a Party. Lots of People playing, lots from Germany too. The Game has a total cool Pet System. You can tame 1 of 8 Types of Monsters to gain a pet. The Pet Levels with you and gets also Skills so it will always fight with you smile.gif

@Mods: Feel free to edit my bad spelling. Sorry

edit: forgot the Pets ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by scotty7 on Dec 1 2006, 03:33 AM
PMEmail Poster
darkone8752
Posted: Dec 26 2006, 11:45 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 56866

sorta suprised noones mentioned Shadowbane(it wasnt on the master list) (btw, this is the main site, theres also a north american one but i don't know anything about it) its a, as of about 3/4 of a year ago, free 3d mmorpg.
its mostly PvP based but theres a heavy lore storyline behind it. its pretty large amount of variety, 12 races (all with certain restrictions and advantages disadvantages such as nephilims and aracoix being able to fly, and vampires using HP to cast spells instead of mana) 22 mostly unique proffessions (some like prelates and priests are a bit alike) more if you count the fact that some proffessions can be chosen from different base "classes" (fighter,mage,healer,rogue) like doomsayers can be either healer based or mage based. 47 disciplines (i may of counted wrong, im counting off site here) like werebear and bladeweaver (they grant powers and sometimes have a huge effect on a characters build, like the difference between a elf archmage wizard, and nephilim wizard) all my love and boasting aside the main cons--
fairly large client and alot of patch time on slower conns (i dont know exact client size, i have the original disc)
hellish learning curve at first.... much easier on the "test server" and the easiest i know is a nephilim wizard, cause wizzyz get sweet pets ^^
during a bane (war on a city) it tends to bog down even high end computers

both a pro and a con is almost unrestricted PvP, the only safe places being "noob island" and NPC citys like aeldreth and sea dogs rest, other then that anyone can atatck anyone anywhere though a small group of maybe 3 or 4 level 30's with at least some competance can take down a 75 (max level) as i was killing level 60-70 people on my level 40 doomsayer (hes now 60 btw) erk.... ive been rambling too long... i need to get my avatar set up... lol.. so i guess try it, my internets been acting up so i can't play (its not fun running into a mine fight with about 20 people on each side, and having your connection drop....) but when i do im on test server
PMEmail Poster
Maverick Pete
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 12:28 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 57047

Knytt
A fun little platformer ^^
btw shadowbane sounds quite fun but all mmorpg's are 3vil so yeah, i wont be playing it T.T
PMEmail Poster
Inconsistent at Mastering
Posted: Jan 8 2007, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 46557

ABA Games.

A site that contains lots of small games of the shmup variety, and they're all rather varied. They're all developed by someone who calls himself Kenta Cho (kinda like ZUN, except his style was inspired by Rez). You can even mess around with BulletML, an application that simulates bullet patterns found in existing shmups and allows you can create your own.

He even had an MTV interview too. He's had more coverage than ZUN!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Eggnoggy
Posted: Jan 13 2007, 05:34 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 57240

Does anyone play Ragnarok?

Can they help me?
PMEmail Poster
Aengu
Posted: Jan 13 2007, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 55756

Cyber Nations

Create a nation anywhere in the world and decide how you will rule your people by choosing a government type, a national religion, ethnicity, tax rate, currency type, and more in this new geo-political, nation, and government simulator. Wage war, build up your defense forces, build up to nuclear weapons. Be a banker, a trader, let money and technology pass through your hands. It's up to you.
PMEmail Poster
Deek the Pirate
Posted: Jan 25 2007, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 41945

Endless-online

Its an anime based MMORPG. It hasn't been developed all too much, but still is being updated very often. There are many items to get, and craft. Quests were just implemented, so they arent that deep quite yet.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSN
Gamemaster_ca_2003
Posted: Feb 3 2007, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 48791

Jet Set Willy Online

Fun Remake of a Popular British Computer Game from the 1980's Now with online Multiplayer.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Malagate
Posted: Feb 4 2007, 03:17 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 21677

Cave Story

Freeware sidescrolling action/adventure/platformer, surprisingly good, with some really hard to get secrets.
PMEmail Poster
Wonder Chicken
Posted: Feb 12 2007, 01:53 AM
Quote Post

~Makoto's Way~

Member No.: 33190

New Space Combat sim. Wing Commander Saga, a Freespace 2 mod, finally came out.

It currently stands at the Prologue to give player a taste for what's to come.

Link: WC Saga Release
PM
liubei
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 52169

QUOTE (Haru-kun @ May 11 2006, 07:38 PM)
Hehe, I got one you guys haven't mentioned yet:
Gunz Online

It's a really neat game that combines melee, shooting, and RPG action into a chaotic piece of gamer's heaven! It's basically a tournament style shooting game... kind of like Unreal Tournament. However, the element of melee combat has been added. There are pistols, SMGs, shotguns, rifles, rocket launchers, katanas, dual kodachis, explosives, and all sorts of other goodies! You also get the whole action-dodge thing where you can tumble and shoot, and there is actually a levelling system, though it's mainly used so that you can wear better equipment. All in all, it's a great game!

I second that happy.gif .

I'm currently lvl. 12 and I play on Match Server 1. What's your name on there?
PMEmail Poster
Char
Posted: Feb 15 2007, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

♪So I got married♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 803

games up to this post have been added, except for those whose promotional free periods have ended
PMEmail PosterIntegrity Messenger IMICQAOLYahooMSN
Manmankyle-Nauchi
Posted: Mar 10 2007, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Scions of Fate (Yulgang) http://yulgang.netgame.com/

The cute characters, the beautiful pastel-tone character pics, the diverse range of emoticons, the deadly but beautiful combat skills, all contribute to the Scions of Fate game experience. Even more precious are the communal experiences that players share together as they’re battling monsters, growing together like a family.
The scope of this original work is complex, yet light and entertaining. From the conflict between The Order and Chaos, to the blossoming romance that takes place in the midst of this world, all the elements of the story mesh together to form a very unique and emotional journey for all players.
If you’re ready for a new, richer online gaming experience, let’s log-in to the game.(from their description)

a so called popular game that just went global dling now tongue.gif (on punishment boo parents i need game and pc i otaku)

Rakion http://rakion.softnyx.net/

kind of like Gunz but mortal kombatish or w/e it is decent i like it a little

Shot Online http://www.shot-online.com/

golf mmo it is suprisingly ok. but only if u like to say w00t and like to see a ball fly far and say OWNAGE

This post has been edited by Manmankyle-Nauchi on Mar 10 2007, 03:38 PM
2010digitalboy
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 12:25 AM
Quote Post

DANGEROUS BOY

Member No.: 57037

I have no idea how to get any of these games to work. My brother want some of them, but he has a mac and it's confusing and scary and I have no idea what I'm doing. Someone please guide me.
PMEmail Poster
Jeffu
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 12:30 AM
Quote Post

stop poking me :(
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 33958

QUOTE (Manmankyle-Nauchi @ Mar 10 2007, 03:34 PM)
Rakion http://rakion.softnyx.net/

kind of like Gunz but mortal kombatish or w/e it is decent i like it a little

... Mortal Combat? That has to be the worst way I've ever heard anyone describe Rakion. There is no resemblance, at all.

Gunz is only similar to Rakion in the sense that you can buy items for your character that give you a slight edge in combat.

Really man, if you can't give a good description, don't.
PMEmail Poster
Yoko-Ryushenshi
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 12:35 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 31387

QUOTE (2007digitalboy @ Mar 11 2007, 12:25 AM)
I have no idea how to get any of these games to work. My brother want some of them, but he has a mac and it's confusing and scary and I have no idea what I'm doing. Someone please guide me.

uh, maybe the games arent mac compatible? there is a big difference between windows and mac. why does he own one if he doesnt know that difference.

the problem i have with rakion is that i can never connect to a fucking server. it always has the latency at like 1k or some shit.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
marmolargentinadude
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 01:41 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 57946

I play avendar urban dead and argentum online
pretty simple games, but addictive
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Deek the Pirate
Posted: Mar 29 2007, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 41945

Links Please? ^^^
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSN
fishyfish777
Posted: Mar 31 2007, 04:57 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

WarRock.

Such an awesome game with a poor currency system. Also get used to using air vehicles because if you don't laugh.gif you're dead.

Soldier Front
Awesome game, kinda like Counter Strike simplified and free. but CS is still better.

Wolfenstein ET
Be sure to stick to a server that r35p3c75 you. Or else...

Thats.. well 3 free FPSs to enjoy!

Also check out Trackmania ESWC
Empo
Posted: Apr 12 2007, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Maybe you could add unification wars. smile.gif
Char
Posted: Apr 18 2007, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

♪So I got married♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 803

some information would be appreciated.
PMEmail PosterIntegrity Messenger IMICQAOLYahooMSN
tunginobi
Posted: Apr 18 2007, 11:03 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 14946

La-Mulana is an action/adventure platformer in which you play the whip-wielding Prof. Lemeza Kosugi, an archaelogist trying to one-up his father to discover the secret of the ruins of La-Mulana. It's Castlevania (of old) meets Castlevania (of new) meets Indiana Jones. The game is challenging, you'll need your wits about you as you solve the riddles within the ruins, so read those tablets and the skeletons of fallen adventurers before you. You'll need your reflexes too, because some of the places you need to go are very tricky to get to without fancy fingerwork.

400+ screens, 50+ chip-tune retro music tracks, about a dozen weapons and subweapons, 40+ key items and powerups, 70-80 collectibles... this game is long. There are about 18 different parts to the ruins, and they're all very different.

This game is very much inspired by old-school stylings, so that'll suit you better or worse depending on what you like in games.

A bunch of tips for starters:

1. Read the readme file. If you can be bothered, read the 20-something page HTML manual as well.

2. You need to talk to the village chief to be able to enter the ruins. Press down to enter tents and doors.

3. Those can-looking things are weights. Press down when you're at a pedestal to put a weight on it. This can solve puzzles, but it can also trigger traps.

4. If you whip "sacred" things, you'll be struck by lightning, which hurts. A lot.

5. You'll need the Handy Scanner to read skeletons and tablets. You'll also need the pricey Glyph Reader. And grab the 10xCatridge if you want to save. Look for money in pots in the overworld and within the ruins. Don't bother grinding enemies for coins; they only give you 1 a piece.

6. The function keys are your friends.

7. To save, press F3 to bring up the MSX cartridge screen, equip the 10xCartridge, and talk to the chief.

8. This game will NOT hold your hand or give obvious directions on where to go. If you're an average gamer, don't be afraid to search online for guidance. If you're hardcore, solve the riddles yourself, but be prepared to take notes and even screenshots.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Sekoku
Posted: Apr 20 2007, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Olf is a sad, sad, little man.

Member No.: 20528

Fire Emblem and Advance Wars by web. Not too sure how well they are (as I don't play these versions), but they should hold your interest for a few hours if you're a hardcore fan? huh.gif
PMEmail Poster
darkone8752
Posted: May 22 2007, 02:51 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 56866

BTW char, and anyone else who was confused, shadowbane IS free.

basicly, you sign up for an "account" (just regular username password input email, ect ect, type thing). note that it doesnt ask for a cd key, this was abck when it was P2P.
When done with that, click the subscription options or whatever it is button once, youll notice it puts you with both expansions, and all characters unlocked as though you played three months. (i havn't done this in a while... i have like 3 or 4 accounts lol tongue.gif)
Done, now you have to find out where the fuck they keep the game client, i have my CD from back when i bought it XD
PMEmail Poster
Zaxser
Posted: Jun 2 2007, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

After 5 years, I finally found the place to edit my member title

Member No.: 21530

Why isn't Shattered Galaxy on the list? I'm way too lazy to post my own, but here's a rather in depth explaination of game play.

This post has been edited by Zaxser on Jun 2 2007, 10:10 PM
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) All 1 2 [3] 4 5  Reply to this topicStart new topic