l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (19) All « First ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [1125] - Something Very Sad, chapter 9 - end
Tangent
Posted: May 27 2008, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

Annoying Forums Since 2000

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 60328

QUOTE (DrunkenSailor @ May 27 2008, 10:53 AM)
Miho is really dead. Not only that but really most sincerely dead. Dead as a door nail. Six feet under, pushing up daisies. deceased. demised. She will not be joining us for the rest of her life. Removed from command with extreme prejudice. Not just undead or mostly dead, all we can do now is go through her pockets for loose change.

Actually, in all fairness that is not confirmed. It could be that Tohya was badly hurt or that she's "gone over to the Dark Side" or any of a number of things. It may also be that while Tohya was killed, she may reappear in a spiritual form.

There are a number of reasons for Tohya to still be alive. There are far fewer for her to be dead, at least permanently so. And I'm one of those who is saying it's likely she's dead on account of Sonoda Meimi's reaction. (I also don't think she went to the Dark Side because that wouldn't be "sad" but rather "monstrous" in my opinion.)

As the Denial-embroiled Tohya fans have succinctly stated, we've not seen a body, and we've seen no actual statement that Tohya is dead. Thus, while likely, we can no more state that Tohya is definitively dead than we can tell a certain presidential candidate to give up because the nomination is in the bag. (Though you have to hand it to Ron Paul, he's running more for the message now than to become President. happy.gif)

And as has been stated by characters in more than one story, death is just the beginning. Just because Tohya Miho is (probably) dead doesn't mean that she won't be making another appearance in the comic.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
swtrooper42
Posted: May 27 2008, 11:34 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 54600

QUOTE (Tangent @ May 27 2008, 12:27 PM)
And as has been stated by characters in more than one story, death is just the beginning. Just because Tohya Miho is (probably) dead doesn't mean that she won't be making another appearance in the comic.

Why am I again reminded of Star Wars?

Strike me down and I will become more powerful then you can possibly imagine.

Speaking of Star Wars, that might explain Meimi's reaction. A master and an apprentice share a very strong bond even after they separate and the apprenticeship is over. They can detect changes in moods, and yes, even deaths.
Maybe Meimi is just surprised to see that the connection is still open. She never stated that she was aware of Miho being "up". That might cause a backlash of some kind.

EDIT: Here I'm assuming Meimi and Miho were Master and Apprentice.

This post has been edited by swtrooper42 on May 27 2008, 11:35 AM
PMEmail Poster
Tangent
Posted: May 27 2008, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Annoying Forums Since 2000

Member No.: 60328

Damn. Now we need someone to do a fan-comic with Sonoda Meimi and Tohya Miho in it together so we can do a rescript...

Tohya Miho: We meet again. But where before you were the Master and I the Apprentice, now I am the Master.
Sonoda Meimi: Only a Master of Gothiness!
Philweasel
Posted: May 27 2008, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

Not a Pedophile

Member No.: 27356

You know, I'm wondering if Miho isn't planning on pulling a Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic 2). Think about it, she could have returned to the Zombie's dimension and taken up her Queen of the Dead thing again, thus why she went to see the Zombies in the first place.

Meimi is so devastated because she's disappointed. After all that character development, after all that self reflection... Miho just went straight back to a path she knows will lead to self destruction?

But I'm not so sure. Maybe Miho's still playing a game, maybe she knows that for Yuki to truly grow into her role, for Piro and Kimiko to trust each other with their worries and hearts, for Largo to choose between fighting evil and Erika... they need an antagonist. And she will be that antagonist, so that everyone else gets to be the hero.

She has changed. She has a purpose, and a will to see the boys succeed. Even at her own expense.
After all, Endgames was Piro and Largo's finest hour. Piro worked the emotional statistics, knew what Miho was thinking and how to use that. Largo won against Evil, his iron will proving successful. And they achieved both because Miho stood against them.

This post has been edited by Philweasel on May 27 2008, 12:13 PM
PM
BinaryTears
Posted: May 27 2008, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 54878

user posted image
My favourite Miho image - pen by Fred, color by Caramalette.

Packets fly, seeking
Overloaded Miho's fate.
She died, withdrew, or...?

Rumors of her death
Are somewhat overdue; she'd
Already died once.

Epitaph perhaps.
Many love her darkly cute.
Few know her secret.

Miho may return
Morphed to some wild new form, but
Still a hug magnet.

(No, I'd rather this wasn't mod-moved to fanarts, thanks very much.)
hime-kubiwa-kamome
Posted: May 27 2008, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 34431

QUOTE (DrunkenSailor @ May 27 2008, 10:53 AM)
Miho is really dead. Not only that but really most sincerely dead.  Dead as a door nail.  Six feet under, pushing up daisies. deceased. demised.  She will not be joining us for the rest of her life.  Removed from command with extreme prejudice.  Not just undead or mostly dead, all we can do now is go through her pockets for loose change.

DS

I hope you don't mind my taking this and holding onto it for future use should you actually be proven wrong? Not that you are, but your certainty in the face of classical pop culture plotting devices is remarkable. I guess it must be your confidence in Fred's overwhelming desire to run away from all of the cliches in an attempt to be "original". Sorry, can't be done with a character's death in a story, there are no original approaches, just a menu of cliches.

This isn't the first time Fred has pulled the plug on a storyline leaving lots of dangling threads with no clear recourse for tying-up a large percentage of them. This is not quite as graceless a maneuver as the (non-)end of the Conscience Arc, but it has many of the earmarks including the feeling that Fred decided to terminate Miho before he had even one more loose thread hanging off of her character. I also feel he's said something nasty about Miho's fans (they=zombies) and his (and her) attitude toward them, and if that is so I'm insulted as well.
PMEmail Poster
roaming_cat
Posted: May 27 2008, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 62579

BinaryTears - Love the poem. Exquisite.

For Fred, Miho had completed her mission - she had influenced every person and their direction in the story . Kimiko - after what she did for her today Kimiko can't help but think of her as a friend.

Now we get to see how she and the others deal with her death. This will influence everyone - How do you think Masamichi is going to respond to the fact that Ed has proven that he can kill a magical girl? When Miho helped bring it out?

It's Fred's story. I think the characters influence him inside his head, and the fans do the same in the forums and at Cons, but in the end it's his decisions. Miho has been dominating the story and peoples attention - when was the last time you saw Boo?

There's a new magical girl in town, and she'll be just as influential.

Huh. Maybe Yuki's crush on Piro is what Miho was thinking about when she clenched her fist and said he wouldn't win. It would be hard to focus on someone else with a magical girl all over you.

If she is dead, I want to strangle him a little for killing our little mistress of the dark.

But I applaud fred for his bravery in doing this.
PMEmail Poster
Big Hed
Posted: May 27 2008, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 53141

QUOTE (hime-kubiwa-kamome @ May 27 2008, 10:59 PM)
Prediction for next big plot development: Largo goes to the beach and goes water skiing. He jumps over a very large shark...

Please refer to:

QUOTE (Stanislao Moulinsky @ May 27 2008, 10:36 PM)

Truefacts, Miho's Death =/= End of Megatokyo, and other good things

Wow, and I see the Star Wars references are still going strong laugh.gif I suppose it was inevitable though, given the nature of Miho's character.

This post has been edited by Big Hed on May 27 2008, 12:52 PM
PMEmail Poster
Master Chibi
Posted: May 27 2008, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

~ It's that serious ~

Member No.: 36791

I DO NOT like that face on my milf.

Not at all.

And if Miho's dead, then hooway.
M@r\/1n
Posted: May 27 2008, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 60346

QUOTE (hime-kubiwa-kamome @ May 27 2008, 12:29 PM)
I also feel he's said something nasty about Miho's fans (they=zombies) and his (and her) attitude toward them, and if that is so I'm insulted as well.

Oh, surely Fred isn't saying or implying anything like that! Fred's put an enormous amount of effort into making Miho a character that can be loved and despised, respected and feared, and someone the readers wants to protect and to flee (sometimes at the same time).

Why would anyone bother to create a character like than and then blow her up just to spite a segment of the fan base? I feel and suspect that someone who first seemed peripheral to affairs will now prove by her absence to be even more central and critical to all concerned than we could have surmised.
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Surely some revelation is at hand....

The ceremony of innocence is drowned. ohmy.gif
The ceremony of innocence is drowned. mad.gif
The ceremony of innocence is drowned. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
Ray Kremer
Posted: May 27 2008, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

Fanmod #1
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3418

The most amusing part of this thread is the handful of people who are genuinely glad to see Miho exit the stage.

QUOTE (Tangent @ May 26 2008, 08:25 PM)
Next, in respect for the suspected death of Tohya Miho, the Catgirl Hunt is being put on hiatus. That is correct, I am no longer capturing or killing catgirls because of what has happened with Tohya Miho.

So at least some good has come of this already. wink.gif

QUOTE (Haldane @ May 27 2008, 07:50 AM)
Now behold...
From the depths of darkness, she returns... Miho the Bright!!!
http://plaza.ufl.edu/stanclif/take2.jpg

Oh my! laugh.gif
Stanislao Moulinsky
Posted: May 27 2008, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 46105

QUOTE (Philweasel @ May 27 2008, 12:11 PM)
But I'm not so sure. Maybe Miho's still playing a game, maybe she knows that for Yuki to truly grow into her role, for Piro and Kimiko to trust each other with their worries and hearts, for Largo to choose between fighting evil and Erika... they need an antagonist. And she will be that antagonist, so that everyone else gets to be the hero.

She has changed. She has a purpose, and a will to see the boys succeed. Even at her own expense.
After all, Endgames was Piro and Largo's finest hour. Piro worked the emotional statistics, knew what Miho was thinking and how to use that. Largo won against Evil, his iron will proving successful. And they achieved both because Miho stood against them.

Hey!!! That's MY theory!!
http://forums.megatokyo.com/index.php?show...0&#entry4733352

You, mister, will hear from my lawyers!!!
user posted image
tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: May 27 2008, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

The one true Green Lantern of sector SD!

Member No.: 39158

Teddy knows for sure that she is destroyed.
For last night I wished upon a shooting star.
Twas Mihos' fire wreathed head, struggling to reach low orbit.
tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
TheRumor
Posted: May 27 2008, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 64346

if she does survive, i expect her to become more of a protragonist, the antagonist is going to be replaced indefinately by ed and dom, two opposing forces with a similar goal is bound to cause problems as they reek havoc, trying to get to kimiko, erika, and ping.

watch as the dominoes fall
PMEmail Poster
Patty Acer
Posted: May 27 2008, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 30812

QUOTE (Haldane @ May 27 2008, 06:50 AM)

Now behold...
From the depths of darkness, she returns... Miho the Bright!!!
Bright Miho

ooh, ahhh! Ooohhh...so pretty! So bright! So shiny'n'sparkly'n'soft-huggy-bunnyish!

And yet somehow, soooo terribly much more scary than the original ph34r.gif . wub.gif

This post has been edited by Patty Acer on May 27 2008, 02:32 PM
PMEmail Poster
TibbyMSTie
Posted: May 27 2008, 02:34 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 40337

By the way this would be a horribly frustrating and therefore perfectly good point for Fred to put the regular MT story on hiatus until Labor Day.

Hey, don't give him any ideas! tongue.gif
Seriously though, I didn't even bother checking yesterday (what with the holiday and all), so I'd say Fred is more on top of things than I'd expect him to be!

Also how will all the other characters perceive Miho's death?

This has already been touched on a bit, but how would they find out? There's no way for them to know what happened to her, other than she's just not in school the next day..
I don't think Waltah or Kenji would be likely to search them out and tell them.

This is not the first time Miho's stared death in the face. She's come back before. And she'll come back again. Although, if her condition during the comic is what happened after the first incident, her condition after this little episode...well, if Meimi's face is anything to go by, I don't look forward to it.

Hmmm, very good observation - it's definitely scary to think about a "real evil" Miho, that'd be one less thing to debate over!

On a side note, I really wish we knew how much her family knew about Meimi's past. I get the feeling Masamichi knows quite a bit, even though he doesn't really talk about it (even when the situation clearly relates to those past events) but Yuki and Yuji have a right to know. Family should be honest with each other, I think.

I think he's been 'protecting' his family by NOT telling them about all the evil that has been going on around them. I felt the same way about not letting my 4 yr-old stepson watch 'Cops'.. There's already enough bad stuff in the world that they will discover, do we have to bring it into the living room?
Of course, if he finds out that Yuki already has 'connected' with Miho to the extent that she has - it will probably be wiser for him to explain things to her.

heh Miho hate
Death must be the only reward she deserves for all that evil she had done
(which was ...what...exactly?)

Sheesh, do we have to run thru the list AGAIN? I don't think she deserved to die, but let's face it - Miho is anything but an innocent schoolgirl. Give her some credit.
dry.gif

Miho seems to be treated as "3v1|_", but has she ever actually done anything evil? Far from it. Of all the things she's done, the only "unethical" (if you can call it that) thing she's done in the story was in Endgames - basically, cheating to take over the game. On the contrary, she's done her best to help Piro, Largo, Ping, Yuki, just about everyone at one point or another.

The best example of that was ~690-710 when she arranged for Ping and herself to take Piro and Largo's minds off the rejection she thought they'd suffered.

Auugh! Here we go again, COME ON PEOPLE! I wasn't going to bother listing all her evil deeds before, but now I'm getting irate.
Miho brought Piro to that club to manipulate him. This is what she does. She "plays to hurt." If Largo hadn't shown up, who knows what she might have done? She did seem to like the idea of Ping seducing him (telling Piro what she's seen of her in the showers) so she might've gone that route.
Either way - she was NOT "trying to help" anyone but herself!
MIHO IS EVIL. Delicously so. Get over it.
The question now, is whether or not that EVIL has been killed.. ninjanatsD.gif

It takes great courage to kill off a character one has spent many hours, days, weeks building up.

YEARS, try YEARS

on whose word do we know that Miho was ever in the hospital? That might well be a cover story, it's noted that the good Inspector was very surprised to see her up and about. Indeed he specifically uses the word 'up', a rather clumsy turn of phrase. Kenji states that ‘we almost lost her’, another example of ambiguous wording that obscures the nature of Miho’s injuries.

I think the use of the word "up" was more to push forth the Queen-of-the-dead theory than anything else.. If you think about it, it's very appropriate if you're talking like Miho is some kind of vampire (who is now "up" - the line is almost comically perfect in that context) and well, she did admit to 'feeding' on emotions...

Kimiko - after what she did for her today Kimiko can't help but think of her as a friend.

I don't know if you can even say that with full certainty. She barely knows Miho, after all. I think they only got on as well as they did because Kimiko is so nice.. I mean, if it was anyone else..
Think of things from Kimi's point of view -
Strange girl shows up in a cafe, pretends she knows me, but won't explain what's going on.. Takes me outside forcibly, making me leave my coat and cell phone behind! Suck. Now she tells me she knows Piro and that they were lovers. Hmm, that's subtle. Not how I would've introduced myself. She says she saved me, but I'm not quite sure from what - she's probably overreacting.. Had a confrontation with some strange guy - seems she already knows him.. Good thing I can take care of myself - still, she maybe seemed like she wanted to help there, I'm not sure. Now she wants me to come back to her place? Okay, odd, but okay.. I've showered and changed, we talk a bit - she seems unusually emotional for a goth girl who lives in a dance club.. She said she'll help me get to work at least - cool. Maybe she's not so creepy, after all. Pity about the decor, though.

Anyway, I guess you can put me in the camp of those who won't believe Miho is dead until they see a body. It just makes more sense to me that she'd be able to avoid Ed, based on what we know about her and her actions right before he fired the killballs.
I don't see any reason for a sudden suicide - especially not with Miho - she's too clever to let something like that go unnoticed - it doesn't have as much effect that way. And what would be the point right now? Better that she would kill herself after getting rejected by Piro openly, or in a way that she could implicate someone else as her murderer.. Something like this just seems too - mundane - for such a "bold" (okay, overly dramatic) personality such as hers..
woeisme.gif
PM
Philweasel
Posted: May 27 2008, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Not a Pedophile

Member No.: 27356

QUOTE (Stanislao Moulinsky @ May 27 2008, 02:12 PM)
Hey!!! That's MY theory!!
http://forums.megatokyo.com/index.php?show...0&#entry4733352

You, mister, will hear from my lawyers!!!

Great minds? wink.gif

Seriously though, Miho is overexposed but cool none the less. I look forward to the end of her arc, wherever she ends up.
PM
Stanislao Moulinsky
Posted: May 27 2008, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 46105

QUOTE (TibbyMSTie @ May 27 2008, 02:34 PM)
Sheesh, do we have to run thru the list AGAIN? I don't think she deserved to die, but let's face it - Miho is anything but an innocent schoolgirl. Give her some credit.
dry.gif

Auugh! Here we go again, COME ON PEOPLE! I wasn't going to bother listing all her evil deeds before, but now I'm getting irate.
Miho brought Piro to that club to manipulate him. This is what she does. She "plays to hurt." If Largo hadn't shown up, who knows what she might have done? She did seem to like the idea of Ping seducing him (telling Piro what she's seen of her in the showers) so she might've gone that route.
Either way - she was NOT "trying to help" anyone but herself!
MIHO IS EVIL. Delicously so. Get over it.

Just... uhm... WHY we should do so?

I mean... it is pretty plain, boring and uninteresting making of Miho an "evil" character.
Because she was a little more complex than that, you know.

Her "evil deeds" are actually questionable and more certain to see in the "before MegaTokyo" era (EndGames) than after Piro and Largo got to know her physically.

I'm pretty tired, you know, to see a "one way" reading of the COE incident. Miho "played to hurt"... of course so, not that Largo had been polite to her all the time, no?

And WHICH character did not "play to hurt", exactly?
Kimiko had been pretty rough on Piro, after the "Anna Miller's Scandal". Rough and unfair, as she recognized lately. She wanted to hurt him and to hurt him bad.
Erika was none the gentler with Largo... she, in Miho word, "crushed his pride". Willingly.
We also could mention Piro, that was so harsh with her when she saved Kimiko from Dom that afterwards he had to apologize.

Miho is not evil... or is not ONLY evil. Fact is that the most part of her "evil deeds" brought the other characters something good, while she continued to get wounded and lonely.

If she was only "evil"... man! She would have been REALLY BORING!!
PMEmail Poster
uncreative
Posted: May 27 2008, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Endlessly looping, never updating.

Group: Mafiosi
Member No.: 54034

QUOTE (Eternal Density @ May 26 2008, 03:43 AM)
two words:
ohmy.gif sad.gif

One word:
pancakes-small.jpg

I was wondering how long it would be before something like this happened.
PM
M@r\/1n
Posted: May 27 2008, 03:41 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 60346

Apologies if this was mentioned already.

But doesn't this comic show that Masamichi Sonoda approved -- in the manner of a preoccupied bureaucrat failing to attend to details -- Ed's hit on Miho?

Or did Masamichi perform due diligence, and was he simply hoodwinked by Ed's lies? (I suppose we'd have to examine the paperwork to know if the threat to intellectual property argument was credible on its face.)

Maybe he was just confirming that somebody else in TPCD had authorized the permit for the use of unrestricted excessive force....

In any case, what will be the repercussions if the rest of the Sonoda family learns of this? Could Yuki and Meimi blame Mr. Sonoda?

Might Mr. Sonoda have to lead his police-mech army in battle against a phalanx of Sony Killballs in order to redeem himself? <drool VOLUME="massive" />
PMEmail Poster
m!ke
Posted: May 27 2008, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 58723

No ... no ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I really hope this doesn't mean what I think it does. I'll have to wait and see but I so hope not.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
evenhead
Posted: May 27 2008, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 63559

My first thought along with a lot of peoples probably is crap nooooo, personally I was all with the idea that Miho probably easily dodged that, but from meimi's reaction I think that even if Miho was able to dodge that it's more than likely that she was seriously injured. My question about this episode is if Meimi reacted to Miho getting hurt or killed, why didn't Yuki react also? another thing is it me or does Meimi seem years older in the last scene that she has throughout the comic
PMEmail Poster
Brigid
Posted: May 27 2008, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 63363

Meimi and Miho theories? Whether Miho is dead, mostly dead, or quite-all-right-thank-you?

This makes me want to do a fan art. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Rainfall
Posted: May 27 2008, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 21323

Personnally I really hope Miho's gone. Don't get me wrong, she's a great character, cute and cool but I just can't stand her anymore. She knows everything, she's smarter than everyone, she's got superspeed, magic and l33t kung-fu skillz, she's become an annoying little Mary Sue who's mission in life is to ponder the emptyness of her existence, while showing off how much everyone else sucks.

But I just don't believe for a single second she's dead, even if she was indeed killed (yeah right) being the UNDEAD queen pretty much means she can come back as soon a Fred feels like it. My guess is that she'll be brought back by Ping through the power of FRIENDSHIP! happy.gif

First, the way she's been 'killed' means Piro and the other norms can't even be aware she's gone. To Piro and Kimiko plasma cannons don't exist. Hence they won't be touched by it, at all.

Second, Fred has been grafting plot treads to her like there's no tomorrow, there's literally no answers about her million mysteries. Just leaving those treads hanging would be really weak writing. And Fred isn't THAT bad.

Third, Ed. The guy is about as dangerous as pollen. He talks a good game, but he's been owned by everythiong he met in the story.

I'm mildly curious to see what Fred intends to do with this little plot twist, but I'm not exactly excited at the prospect...
PMEmail Poster
uncreative
Posted: May 27 2008, 05:17 PM
Quote Post

Endlessly looping, never updating.

Group: Mafiosi
Member No.: 54034

QUOTE (Rainfall @ May 27 2008, 03:12 PM)
Ping

Oh crap.

We haven't seen her all day and she has a way of finding her way into these sort of situations, doesn't she? Even if she's not there, we don't know what her evil Sony programming would do if presented with the death of a friend.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (19) All « First ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic