l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (2) All [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> *arches eyebrows* Erika and Largo?, *arches eyebrows* Erika and Largo?
WakateDesen
Posted: Dec 27 2002, 11:56 PM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 9117

When Largo, Piro, Kimiko, and Erika went to the beer gardens, I was wondering if Erika & Largo were going to get together...she even listened to his ravings about the zombies in Tokyo! But after she broke his arm, I kinda lost hope. But I still think it would be funny if Fred put it in there for a plot twist happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
C*Foxtrot
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 12:04 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 337

>I was wondering if Erika & Largo were going to get together...

That is the generally accepted theory, though I'm sure there are plenty of folks who think otherwise.
PMAOL
WakateDesen
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 12:10 AM
Quote Post

Local

//007!!! I got the new newtype!! Varrry nice... mmm chocolate chip cookies
PMEmail Poster
Student Of L4rg0
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 12:16 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 9140

I geuss that everyone has there own ideas about who likes who, but the only one who truly knows all is the author, eh?
PMEmail Poster
Psieye
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Speculator & Lore Hunter

Member No.: 5841

Nope. Not even Fred knows for sure. He's not certain whether Kimiko will get together with Piro now, though it still seems most likely (albeit, after maturing on both parts). The characters are 'alive' and Fred doesn't have absolute control over them. He certainly doesn't want to tell them what to do and is happy to draw what they want to do.

Largo-Erika is popular, but so is Largo-Miho too. Then we have (Neo)Piro-(Neo)Kimiko followed by Piro-Erika. Note that relationships don't have to involve romance at all. This is one concept people find hard to grasp - at least I don't see signs of people assimilating it after I explain it several times in multiple threads...

Edit: raykremer? Do you think this sort of thing should also be included in the drinking game?

Take a drink when someone (new) argues for a certain relationship with no new arguements. Especially if it's a popular relationship (e.g. those I've listed above).
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
WakateDesen
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Local

I (obveoleously) have heard a lot about the whole Largo/Miho thing too....but I don't like it because she is so underaged. I think if Miho turns out to be not-evil, just weird, (which I find more likely than a vampire chick or whatnot) then she should just get some friends...

I wasn't 'arguing' for Largo and Erika, I just wondered if anyone else (like me) lost a certain amount of hope when she broke his arm...
PMEmail Poster
masamage
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 639

Lately, I've been going back through the comic from the beginning, this time reading all the rants along the way, and it certainly seems so. Look at some of the old rants, and in particular some of the really old Fredart drawings. It seems that Kimiko and Erika were pretty definately intended to match up with Piro and Largo. In fact, before Erika had a name Fred once referred to her as 'Largoko'.

Doesn't necessarily mean a romanitic pairup, I suppose...but something really important, for certain.

Also in those old rants and drawings, Fred implied that he already knew what awful things he was going to put these characters through. And he's certainly following through with that.

I think he really does have this planned out, better than we may think. I mean, all the details aren't there (that would be a dumb idea; flexibility is important)...but hey, he got his characters into this mess. I'm sure he can get them out.

Of course, it'll probably take a long time. Or, let's hope it does. ^_^_v
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
OceanSoul
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 2572

Honestly speaking, i wish that Largo never got togheter with anyone in the common sense of the word. Id only accepted a very twisted, out-of-common-sense, unusual relationship

As i said b4 and repeat again: is an invasion of the l33t aspects of MT by the shoujo aspects.
PMEmail Poster
masamage
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

In reply to:

As i said b4 and repeat again: is an invasion of the l33t aspects of MT by the shoujo aspects.

My dear OceanSoul, what did you think this comic was about? =)
WakateDesen
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Local

I think it would be really interesting, and funny if Largo and Erika got together, because first of all, Largo is so...Largo, deffinately NOT the 'ladies man' if you will...and Erika is the complete opposite, having to break men's limbs and all...I just think it would be hilarious
PMEmail Poster
Izuko
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

Emperor of the Americas

Member No.: 615

In reply to:

It seems that Kimiko and Erika were pretty definately intended to match up with Piro and Largo. In fact, before Erika had a name Fred once referred to her as 'Largoko'.

For the love of Richover, noooo..... Anything but that.

/sobs uncontrollably.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOL
Meagen
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 501

In reply to:

though I'm sure there are plenty of folks who think otherwise

::hides her Largo+Kimiko banner::

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Meagen
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Psieye
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Speculator & Lore Hunter

In reply to:

I just wondered if anyone else (like me) lost a certain amount of hope when she broke his arm...

No one has said it directly, but people have put that forth as an arguement against a Largo-Erika relationship (at least a romantic one). But, some people have used that to support the Largo-Erika arguement.

I have a headache right now so the only way they used that as 'evidence' was displaying Largo's complete honesty and persistence, something Erika may not have come across in would-be 'suitors'.
WakateDesen
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 06:47 PM
Quote Post

Local

actually..I wouldn't be surprised if some idiot told her she was 'racked' before
PMEmail Poster
masamage
Posted: Dec 28 2002, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

In reply to:

No one has said it directly, but people have put that forth as an arguement against a Largo-Erika relationship (at least a romantic one). But, some people have used that to support the Largo-Erika arguement.

Well, sure! I mean, look at Ranma and Akane!
Psieye
Posted: Dec 29 2002, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Speculator & Lore Hunter

But how many idiots KEEP telling her? From her point of view, that's a maximum of 3 times so far - [23], [296], [329]
StriderZero
Posted: Dec 29 2002, 12:56 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 9040

I could see Largo and Erika in kind of a love-hate relationship. That or some twisted version of what Keitaro and Narusegawa have in Love Hina, before they admitted that they loved each other.
PMEmail Poster
Macabre
Posted: Dec 29 2002, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I would never forgive Fred if Largo got romantically involved with anyone.
Sorwen
Posted: Dec 29 2002, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 6859

I think of the arm breaking like this (since she has been doing it from the moment she showed up in the comic)...You know how little kids will often pick on some they like? They might do something that hurts them, but it is out of likeing them. Maybe not the best example, but.... I think she breaking his arm to tell him where the limits are. Doesn't mean she doesn't like him just that he crossed the line. BTW my vote is for the two of the. The Miho thing is ok, but IMO Largo and Erika just make a great combo.
PMUsers Website
Superguy87
Posted: Dec 29 2002, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 9197

I don't see why they shouldn't get together, but it probably wouldn't happen 'cause Largo's an idiot.
OceanSoul
Posted: Dec 29 2002, 10:11 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 2572

In reply to:

I would never forgive Fred if Largo got romantically involved with anyone.

In reply to:

I don't see why they shouldn't get together, but it probably wouldn't happen 'cause Largo's an idiot.

Whew, im least im not alone in this

Superguy (2nd quote), you put my rant in a few words!!
PMEmail Poster
brite_pink_happy
Posted: Dec 30 2002, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 5905

I'll go along with Psieye- I don't see butterflies-and-flowers romances for anyone in MT at this point.

Does this mean that most of the MT cast is destined for heartbreak? I don't think so. There may be plenty of grief and pain along the way, but when it's all over, I think everyone will be a little wiser, a little stronger, a little more capable of dealing with the opportunities that tomorrow will bring.
PMEmail Poster
Psieye
Posted: Dec 30 2002, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Speculator & Lore Hunter

In reply to:

I'll go along with Psieye- I don't see butterflies-and-flowers romances for anyone in MT at this point.

Emphasis - "at this point". In other words, "Yet". Wonder how many months/years in Real Time we'll have to wait for the first proper romantic MT relationship...
machyne
Posted: Dec 30 2002, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 8986

I could see some weird plot twist between Miho and Largo, but Erika and Largo doesn't come across as nearly as likely. Erika seems to have been developed to interact with the rest of the world but live mostly in her own. Its difficult to see Erika ever even taking a second look at him. Additionally, Largo appears to enjoy living in his own zombies-invading-Tokyo world.
PMEmail Poster
Solidus84
Posted: Dec 30 2002, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 8954

Havenīt Erika broken Largos arm twice?
It would fit though, Largo would need someone like Erika to keep him out of trouble, and I donīt think Largo would get boring. But I donīt think Miho and Largo will end up togehter, that would be an surprise.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) All [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic