l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (4) All 1 [2] 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> The Creative Writing Forum Challenge Thread, The pen is mightier than the sword
DJROC
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 40773

QUOTE (Kenogeth321)
what does it mean to PM? It says to PM your story to the Arbiter once your done.

Private Message.

It's direct contact (an inter-forum e-mail system) rather than public posting.

This post has been edited by DJROC on Mar 26 2008, 01:54 PM
PMEmail Poster
&ru
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 06:52 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 64248

This seems like a sad little neglected thread. Stickied, but alone, like the rich kid at school who's embarrased about being rich and eats lunch all by himself and gets his mom to drop him off 3 blocks away from school so the kids won't see she drives some grotesquely expensive automobile built by the same engineers who build the space shuttle, but of course all the kids know anyway and whisper questions wondering just how wealthy Mr. Richey McRichypants is, and sometimes they don't even bother to stop talking when then see him walking by and they know, they know (and he knows they know), that he can hear them.

That's what this thread is like, isn't it?

I have insomnia sometimes and do not sleep at all for all night. Last night was one of those nights. So I end up making silly posts in dead threads.

OK, but now that I'm here, how about making use of this thread? Would someone care to make a challenge to some other one here? Hmmm?

If not, I will be forced to do so myself. And I don't think any of you COCKY MOTHERFUCKERS wants to test your mettle against me.

Yeah, that's right. I'm looking at you Irony Brew. Irony Brew! What does that even mean? You know the kind of people who pick user names like Irony Brew? The kind of people I LIKE TO KICK THE ASSES OF...I mean, OF WHICH I LIKE THE ASSES OF TO BE KICKED! (by me).

And how about our MIA mods? Since you can't even do the simple jobs you've been given by actually posting here once a millenium, hows about trying some actual writing, eh? This is a writing board, is it not? But don't challange me, BECAUSE YOU WILL LOSE MOTHERFUCKERS, HAHAHAHAHA!!! THEY WILL PROBABLY TAKE AWAY YOUR MODSHIP BECAUSE THAT IS JUST HOW BAD YOU WILL LOSE SO THAT EVEN THOUGH THOSE THINGS ARENT RELATED YOU WOULD STILL BE DE-MODDED BECAUSE NO ONE WOULD EVEN WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH YOU. PROBABALY NOT EVEN YOUR MOM. I BANGED HER IN A TACO BELL HANDICAPPED TOILET ONCE BTW. I JIZZED IN YOUR SOUR CREAM, LOL!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and don't think I've forgotten about you, Duck boy. "Mega" indeed! Hah! The only "mega" thing about you will be the circumference of your asshole once I'm done REAMING YOU OUT!! (metaphorically, in a literary sense).

Oh, and the rest of you fuckers, don't think I've forgotten about you just b/c I don't remember your names or anything about you. I KNOW motherfuckers. I. k n o w .

Peace out.

This post has been edited by &ru on Apr 30 2009, 07:05 AM
PMEmail Poster
&ru
Posted: May 2 2009, 10:54 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

OK, you guys are pussies. So I hereby challenge: Megaduck, Irony Brew, missedtarget, Silk, and Umino to a literary duel. You have one week from today to accept and a month from then to finish. Final draft posting only, though you can edit it for as long as the board will still let you (no cheating w/special mod powers smile.gif ).

A story b/t 500-1000 words (a little under or over is ok tho). The topic: betrayal.

The only other rule is that you have to critique everyone else's story (doesn't have to be really long, but not just a couple of sentences either), and rate the stories (other than your own). People who don't participate can rate (and critique, tho they don't have to) the stories as well. Rating will be on an X point scale. X=the amount of people in the contest. Highest avg score wins.

I picked out people who have actually posted material here lately and who I know can write decently. If I didn't mention you it's probably b/c you haven't posted here lately or I just forgot, so if you want in, PM me.

This post has been edited by &ru on May 2 2009, 10:55 PM
PMEmail Poster
missedtarget
Posted: May 2 2009, 11:53 PM
Quote Post

The Baron

Member No.: 48577

Accepted.

Bitch.
PMEmail PosterAOL
&ru
Posted: May 3 2009, 03:46 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

QUOTE (missedtarget @ May 2 2009, 11:53 PM)
Accepted.

Bitch.

Bitch? Bitch! Oh, it's on motherfucker. IT. IS. ON. cool.gif

Edit: qugopudding asked to join the contest, so he's in too. Anyone else, just PM me. The more the merrier.

This post has been edited by &ru on May 3 2009, 03:49 AM
PMEmail Poster
&ru
Posted: May 10 2009, 04:31 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

OK, time's up. I'll wait till the end of the day for any latecomers, but other than that it's closed.

For the 2 with balls who accepted, you have a month. Dazzle me. smile.gif

This post has been edited by &ru on May 10 2009, 04:32 AM
PMEmail Poster
&ru
Posted: May 10 2009, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

We have one more entrant, T3h Br0th3r.

It's an hour to midnight here in the U.S. Central Daylight Savings Timezone, so if anyone else is interested, you've got 60 minutes to reply.
PMEmail Poster
T3h Br0th3r
Posted: May 11 2009, 12:03 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 58182

BRING EM OUT, BRING EM OUT!

but for real though, good luck everyone.
PMEmail PosterAOL
wenewe32
Posted: Mar 16 2010, 01:25 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 69045

There is also a smile once in my life, but eventually dissipated as Wuban, but that smile, became buried deep in my mind a rushing river, not crossing the river and that voice has become my daily night singing of despair.
PMEmail Poster
Terresa Yen
Posted: Jul 31 2010, 05:09 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 70339

Hi,
Great job! These tips are just amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Terresa (topqualityessays.com)
PMEmail Poster
Cyrialis
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 73771

So ,I alway wanted to try a challenge and I have nothing to do also why not happy.gif
also this ideas is just floating around me for a couple of months now and I just want to see what others would do with this kind of concept.

So here is my Writing Challenge:
The Duel:

Itīs a Open Duel

The challengeīs Theme will be :

soul collecting for the Devil, everything else shall be at your imagination......

Word Count:

100-1000 could be a reasonable shape.

One Week to accept
Four Weeks to write

This post has been edited by Cyrialis on Jun 23 2011, 02:28 PM
PMEmail Poster
Xelfixtheimmortal
Posted: May 2 2014, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: Mafiosi
Member No.: 78120

Okay I'm sort of a noob to this, so if I get something wrong please don't eat me.tongue.gif

Open Group Challenge
Challenge: Poetry. Any poetry. Doesn't have to have any form or structure, only restriction is the word count.
Word count:At least 500 words. Bear with me people, I don't want to write that much either.
Have fun!

This post has been edited by Xelfixtheimmortal on May 2 2014, 09:05 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Alexanzer
Posted: May 10 2014, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 78060

I'll bite, I would love to see an active writing forum on Megatokyo. Looking through the older posts makes it look like a lot of fun. I also definitely need to refresh my writing skills...

Oh, and you should probably set a date when contestants won't be accepted anymore. Or make it a continuous challenge that never ends. Anything like that should be addressed sooner rather than later.

This post has been edited by Alexanzer on May 10 2014, 01:01 PM
PMEmail Poster
Xelfixtheimmortal
Posted: May 16 2014, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Continuous challenge it is. Who's the arbiter?
Alexanzer
Posted: May 17 2014, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

I have no idea, I'll ask around the mafia crowd if one of the old arbiters would be willing to put up with some newbies throwing poetical stones at each other.

Now that I am thinking about it, a continuous challenge is very unfair to the arbiter, I doubt anyone would accept that position. You may want to consider a 2 week deadline or something similar. It would be easier to find someone then.

This post has been edited by Alexanzer on May 17 2014, 03:23 PM
PMEmail Poster
Xelfixtheimmortal
Posted: May 21 2014, 08:55 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Alright. If no one else responds by this friday (5/23/14) then it's just you and me. This has been up long enough for people who want to to see.
Alexanzer
Posted: May 22 2014, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Sounds good, no reply from the person I was going to have judge, but finals are almost over so I will have more time soon to beg and plead somebody else, hypothetically.
PMEmail Poster
Alexanzer
Posted: May 26 2014, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Alright, still no response from the lead. I'm considering it might be better for the forum for us to just create a thread and post our finished poems there. Better for the forum I mean, it could use some more life. I'm still looking for more options on arbiters though too. Figured I should give an update.
PMEmail Poster
Sky_Paladin
Posted: May 27 2014, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Reliable and trustworthy~

Member No.: 50545

I volunteer myself as arbiter.

How may I help?
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IM
Alexanzer
Posted: May 28 2014, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

I'm pretty sure this means we can set a due date for the 500+ word poem (Maybe Friday or Saturday?) and then you arbitrate. I'm guessing that means judge, but honestly I haven't read what they meant by that in a while. Also, you make sure they are both over 500 words, y'know. Xelfix, you ready to go then?
PMEmail Poster
Xelfixtheimmortal
Posted: May 29 2014, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Alright, the due date is June 10th, if there are no objections. Also, your poem is not limited byrhyme scheme or any other sort of structure, so have fun with that. Thanks for answering!
Alexanzer
Posted: May 29 2014, 07:29 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Agreed, may the writing block begin in earnest.
PMEmail Poster
Xelfixtheimmortal
Posted: Jun 4 2014, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Okay, I've got mine done and I'll PM it to Sky_Paladin once I've stopped being too lazy to get it typed.
Alexanzer
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 02:32 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Sorry I've been absent, I have mine 50% done (and typed). I will send mine in to Sky today or tomorrow.
PMEmail Poster
Xelfixtheimmortal
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 06:59 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Still haven't started typing...
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) All 1 [2] 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topic