l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (2) All 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [1473] I'd Love To Hear Your Story, "I should probably be killing you now"
'zilla
Posted: Apr 16 2017, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 53970

QUOTE (Ningen @ Apr 15 2017, 03:15 PM)
I think 'Zilla has it right. Dippy gabby teenager. I'd say a bit younger though, probably around Yuki's age.

Not to be pervy but I was going by her breasts, as shown in panel 5. She's better developed than Yuki and her friends, which suggests she's older. For reference, check out Yuki's profile in [1312, panel 4]. IIRC, there are about 4 or 5 years age difference between Yuki and Junko so sis is closer to Junko than Yuki. Some people retain that "gee whiz!" talk-a-mile-a-minute vibe so she could easily be in her mid to late teens.

QUOTE (Small Pink Mouse @ Apr 16 2017, 02:34 AM)
Heh. That could almost be a Silver Age DC comic. Complete with lipstick tips in the inside section where the letter column would normally be. smile.gif

Yeah, I could see that. I was into comics back during the Silver Age and it sounds about like something I'd expect to see in Supergirl or Wonder Woman.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Sheharazade
Posted: Apr 17 2017, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 37623

/unlurk
golly! Gee! Wow!
Alla boys are now in love again instantly
yay! new story happening!
/relurk
PMEmail Poster
S1arburst
Posted: Apr 17 2017, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 78100

Looks like the cute little sister DrunkenSailor was talking about a couple pages back is now finally visible!

If I was someone who'd just had CPR followed by heart surgery, getting my chest slammed against the floor would be something I'd kinda try to avoid. I think the bowing thing is "ouch ouch ouch". Looks like the pacemaker is working though! It didn't send Miho into cardiac arrest again.

This post has been edited by S1arburst on Apr 17 2017, 08:27 AM
PMEmail Poster
iffy
Posted: Apr 17 2017, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 67265

Yes very fast, but no, not so experienced.

Aside from Junpei being the last one there, there really isn't anything pointing to him aside from perception and lack of visible substitute. Nothing that directly suggests he changed her clothing. More suggests he didn't. Given that he's male it wouldn't be acceptable, and he'd have to have fibbed about actually leaving. The only precedent is the last time he did something anywhere near this, and it was to button up a shirt and with others around.

Miho has however clearly (now) done a reach up and grab somebody move, by the time of 1272 panel 9, like in 1332 panel 7 (except we saw Yuki in panel 6). So panel 9 here could apparently only be grabbing the one who changed the clothing. Which move started before the panel but after the clothing had been put on.

That Junpei's sister (or trainee or friend of the family or exchange student) did the swapout would be more how things are done properly (if there is ever a proper way to ninja-switch somebody else's outfit) and fits the timeline. Junpei leaves (has left) in 5, Miho stands and mopes in 6, squeezes her arms and looks down in 7, and not paying attention got clothes ninjaed off between 7 and 8 and ninjaed on between 8 and 9. But the culprit doesn't get away because Miho is still far too fast, or the equivalent to observers. Like little to no time passes from scene to scene. Moving at relativistic speeds. Etc.

Last panel here, it could be either Miho talking to herself narrating out loud again (of course it was a female ninja) or agreeing that's what she is (she's more ninja than ninja often after all). Both, as an answer that fits how, for the sake of simplicity, and for not explaining anything. Agreeing with the other person's expectations fits perceptions well. Who is faster than a fast ninja? A faster ninja. And hey, new story or good cover or logical path too. It's as true or as lie or neither as what Miho told Kimiko about the real Kotone story. Ninja girl in ninja compound, healing up after an epic battle gone wrong and what have you. Even if it's not so much a new story, or anything like how things used to be, and is just one of the many subterfuges taken along the way towards whatever is in store for the future.

Must be nice for her meeting somebody who doesn't know who she is. Which again shows things are going according to the Miho is 'dead again according to plan' plans. Off the radar. Off the grid. Out of sight, out of mind. Having her lifeless form being carried around by Piro though the gaps. Let the emotional purge commence! Well, soon.
PMEmail Poster
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Apr 17 2017, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

The one true Green Lantern of sector SD!

Member No.: 39158

Poor Nabiki... Miho now has the chance to devour her life force and soul now...

RUN NABIKI!

NINJA FAST RUN!!

This post has been edited by Teddy-Werebear on Apr 17 2017, 11:49 AM
PMEmail Poster
BetaCygnus
Posted: Apr 17 2017, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 48735

Woohah! laugh.gif

<silent rattle> ó especially one translated from Japanese to English.

happy.gif

By the way, I thought it was Junpei who had come back for his hoodie, and this new ninja girl who put the kimono on Miho ó only to be caught by her.

smile.gif

(Edit: donít kill me over the square bracket thingy. Forum bias, I presume.)

This post has been edited by BetaCygnus on Apr 17 2017, 02:10 PM
PMEmail Poster
Xavon
Posted: Apr 17 2017, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 69089

Junpei has an imouto.

And she's a fujoshi.

Hmmm....
PMEmail Poster
4'33"
Posted: Apr 17 2017, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 54054

I expect Junpei has a closet full of identical hoodies. He may still be there trying to decide which one to put on.

PMEmail Poster
Initial B
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 16323

Okay, no fourth wall breakdown, but a new character to dissect. First impression: bouncy naive innocent ninja girl.

I'm guessing that Miho is used to creating new personas on the fly, so this shouldn't be too much of a stretch. I'm curious to see how she rolls with this.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Roborat
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 66228

OMG, she is so cute! I am going to go with kid sister, until proven otherwise. I really hope she gets together with Yuki and her friends.
PMEmail Poster
Patty Acer
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 30812

My God...ninja Miho? Because she sure looks like Miho...Junpei's sister then?

PMEmail Poster
iffy
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 67265

I haven't decided if she looks more like Sayuri, Junko, Erika, Megumi, Ping, Yuki, Kimiko, Meimi or Miho.

Well anyways Junpei could have returned to take back this hoodie and left Miho with about nothing on. He'd have to have left even quicker, before she arrived to put something back on Miho though. Even at ninja speed they might have slammed into each other or something, as he left with his clothes and she arrived with what she put on Miho. Although they could have went in and out different ways.

ninjanatsD.gif

Seems simpler and more aligned with the flow if she's the one who did both, after he left and a few panels went by. Yet in MT, who can tell for sure.

emot-iiamjp.gif

PMEmail Poster
'zilla
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

QUOTE (Roborat @ Apr 18 2017, 12:46 PM)
OMG, she is so cute! I am going to go with kid sister, until proven otherwise. I really hope she gets together with Yuki and her friends.

Once again, take a good look at panel 5. She's more developed--more curvy--than Yuki and her friends. That means she's probably older and might not have as much in common as you'd think. She's probably closer to Junko's age, chronologically if not emotionally.
'zilla
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

QUOTE (Patty Acer @ Apr 18 2017, 01:40 PM)
My God...ninja Miho? Because she sure looks like Miho...Junpei's sister then?

That seems to be the general consensus, although there's still some debate.
Patty Acer
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 30812

Weird thought: could she be a newly activated Miho, triggered by Miho's failure to 'die' in the hospital and end this particular story, in much the same way as all the proto-Slayers were triggered by Buffy dying, in the last season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer? I mean, at this point I could totally see it.

This post has been edited by Patty Acer on Apr 18 2017, 09:01 PM
PMEmail Poster
GouryG
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 12:09 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 47794

QUOTE (Teddy-Werebear @ Apr 16 2017, 03:05 AM)
Junpei's sister has Nabiki's hair style...
IMMA CALLIN HER NABIKI FROM NOW ON!

Nabiki is a chatter-box... not a good quality in a ninja.

Now the big question is how many of our younger members picked up on the Ranma reference.
PMEmail Poster
chemi
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 06:56 AM
Quote Post

Addict
Group Icon

Group: Fake Mods
Member No.: 37563

QUOTE (Roborat @ Apr 18 2017, 12:46 PM)

What's funny is that you assume she hasn't already.

I mean, Asako's idiom is, "I'll do anyone twice! Uh... I mean... anyTHING! Yeah... anyTHING."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (GouryG @ Apr 19 2017, 12:09 AM)
Now the big question is how many of our younger members picked up on the Ranma reference.

Precious few, unfortunately.
PMEmail Poster
Ningen
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 55780

QUOTE (GouryG @ Apr 19 2017, 07:09 AM)

I'm by no stretch a "younger" member, but it passed me by.
PMEmail Poster
Mamma Peach
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 76699

Nabiki? Akane Tendo's money hungry sister? blink.gif Not much in common there, except the hair style, sort of, and one that a lot of characters other than that have...
PMUsers Website
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Apr 21 2017, 02:50 AM
Quote Post

You rather I call her Linna?

Also, looking at frame 2 and 3...
Ls this reanimation of foul Miho packin more junk in the trunk?

This post has been edited by Teddy-Werebear on Apr 21 2017, 02:53 AM
PMEmail Poster
Mamma Peach
Posted: Apr 21 2017, 11:24 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Lina Inverse? Well... she's more talkative than Nabiki, but in the "I'm the best and you're dead!" kind of way, and she's a magic user, not a ninja, and has long red hair... not a match either.
PMUsers Website
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Apr 21 2017, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

Linna is from BGC.

I like the sound of the name Nabiki better for a ninja girl though. Love both characters, but Nabiki rolls of the tongue tossing a shurikan in yer face!
PMEmail Poster
Mamma Peach
Posted: Apr 22 2017, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

Addict

From Bubblegum Crisis? (I got something else when I first googled BGC. dry.gif ) I haven't seen that series, but from pics I'd say the hair style was close, but Major Motoko Kusanagi's from Ghost in the Shell is closer.
PMUsers Website
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Apr 27 2017, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

I both want and do not want to know what you saw... simultaniously.

I have named her NABIKI!

NABIKI!!

Final answer!
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) All 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topic