l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (2) All [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [1473] I'd Love To Hear Your Story, "I should probably be killing you now"
Piro
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 05:55 AM
Quote Post

seraphim fanboy
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

New comic posted. 2nd one for this month, I need to really push hard to get two more done, goal is three more. smile.gif Plus side, all these are really fun

hope the forums stay up.

fredrin
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
paarfi
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 05:58 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 67417

laugh.gif NinjaGirl is hilarious.

Also, as a wise person pointed out in a patreon comment, Miho was pirate. happy.gif
llynarian
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 06:09 AM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 67456

Is that Junpei's mom, grandmother, or sister? I could see any of the choices being true...Even a fellow ninja student dropping by for pizza and commiseration over teachers

Neat! Whoever she is is nearly good enough at speculating to participate in the forums.😎
PMEmail Poster
garapagosu
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 06:50 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 15903

<silent rattle>

Best sound effect.
PMEmail Poster
DrunkenSailor
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 48029

Ok, this is NOT the personality I was expecting from the Ninja girl as I watched Fred draw her on Twitch. But I like it. I hope that that mask of hers has some sort of smooth silk or satin lining else her lips are going to get chapped talking that fast.

And is Miho saying she's a Ninja in that last panel. Little white lie. She kinda might just be talking to herself as in, "so the thing that stripped me naked and Yakata'd me up is a Ninja, yep a Ninja." But it sounds like she's claiming to be a Ninja. That might fool little sister here, but what happens when she meets grandma? Lies always backfire eventually.

DS
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
'zilla
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 07:55 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 53970

QUOTE (llynarian @ Apr 15 2017, 06:09 AM)
Is that Junpei's mom, grandmother, or sister? I could see any of the choices being true...Even a fellow ninja student dropping by for pizza and commiseration over teachers

Neat! Whoever she is is nearly good enough at speculating to participate in the forums.😎

I'm guessing his sister. Specifically his younger sister. The "OMG! Are you a ninja too?" dialogue indicates someone young but not as young as Yuki, maybe Junko's age? Not Ninja Grandma™ for sure. We don't know much about Junpei's family except he has a mom and a grandma who are still living. If he's in his early 20's he could have a sis who's in her late teens. Say hello to Teen Ninja Girl™. Meanwhile, Miho's "Yes, a ninja" line suggests she doesn't want to talk, least of all to a stranger she just met.
Invisigoth
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

Group: Fake Mods
Member No.: 63090

Singing "Junpei's mom.."to the tune...of Stacey's mom...
PMEmail Poster
Mamma Peach
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 76699

Miho the ninja! laugh.gif I think she's going with a new story here, why not? She was Miho the zombie princess a short time ago. At least it's a good cover for hiding what she actually is. Though the whole assumption of forbidden love of a rival clan member might get someone in trouble.
PMUsers Website
DracMonster
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 63943

QUOTE (paarfi @ Apr 15 2017, 05:58 AM)
Also, as a wise person pointed out in a patreon comment, Miho was pirate.  happy.gif

Obviously, she's biding her time, gathering her strength for the inevitable epic confrontation. biggrin.gif

Now... is this girl the one that changed Miho's clothes? I'd still like it to have been Grandma.

This post has been edited by DracMonster on Apr 15 2017, 01:08 PM
PMEmail Poster
Stefan R
  Posted: Apr 15 2017, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 67962

Heh. Ninja-girl made me an instant fan of hers.
Love the wide-eyed wonder. Pretty hair, too ... wub.gif
PMEmail Poster
Rapierman
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 02:40 PM
Quote Post

Militant Warrior for Intelligence

Member No.: 33370

We expect Ninja-mom. We get Valley Girl...

....for sure. sleep.gif dry.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Rapierman on Apr 15 2017, 02:41 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Greybeard
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 03:00 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 46055

I just find it fascinating that this girl is faster than Junpei, but Miho is faster than both of them. One more piece in the ever-expanding puzzle of who and what Miho is.
PMEmail Poster
Ningen
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 55780

I think 'Zilla has it right. Dippy gabby teenager. I'd say a bit younger though, probably around Yuki's age.

PMEmail Poster
Invisigoth
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

Miho's tragedy is that she is a reflection of a shadow. Her story is now paused and she has no story that she can tell. Her interlocutor is correct in her being unable to tell her story but not for the "If I told you I would have to kill you" reason of the ninja.

Perhaps she will have a new story to tell in the future. Perhaps the Pirate Miho story is done and there's a new Miho ...a deadly little Miho....
PMEmail Poster
Skorpion
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Why can't everything be rocket-propelled?

Member No.: 13191

QUOTE (Invisigoth @ Apr 15 2017, 03:24 PM)
Singing "Junpei's mom.."to the tune...of Stacey's mom...

Isn't it Yuki's mom that's got it goin' on, though?
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Wonderduck
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 49436

I feel like we missed a page somewhere... first Junpei is changing Miho out of his sweatshirt into something a little more comfortable, then Miho is tripping a ninja (that'd be a good name for a band: Tripping Ninjas). No obvious time has passed, and I'm all cornfuzled.

Just a thought, is all.
Olba
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 67068

QUOTE (Wonderduck @ Apr 16 2017, 12:59 AM)
I feel like we missed a page somewhere... first Junpei is changing Miho out of his sweatshirt into something a little more comfortable, then Miho is tripping a ninja (that'd be a good name for a band: Tripping Ninjas).  No obvious time has passed, and I'm all cornfuzled.

Just a thought, is all.

You're missing the part where it wasn't Junpei who was doing the changing. In 1472, Junpei leaves the room in panel 5.

This post has been edited by Olba on Apr 15 2017, 05:23 PM
PMEmail Poster
shadowrider
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 42717

QUOTE (Invisigoth @ Apr 15 2017, 05:39 PM)
Miho's tragedy is that she is a reflection of a shadow.  Her story is now paused and she has no story that she can tell.  Her interlocutor is correct in her being unable to tell her story but not for the "If I told you I would have to kill you" reason of the ninja. 

Perhaps she will have a new story to tell in the future.  Perhaps the Pirate Miho story is done and there's a new Miho ...a deadly little Miho....

I agree.
For what it's worth, Miho's 'story', she's nothing more that a shade, a shell that goes with whatever story-line set out for her.
That's now changed with Piro interrupting her various stories.
Thus, the new role Miho took on as cover. Because now that she's in the pause stage, she's left with an open blank page before her to work with.
I suppose it must have been the ninja girl that changes Miho's clothes on her then. Probably Junpei's younger sister, I think. Now we only need to meet Grandma Ninja, and Mom too.ninjanatsD.gif

~shadowrider
PM
Heywulf
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 68356

There always seem to be pleasant surprises in this story of a story.

The comments are helpful and thought-generating.

In the previous page, I had also thought that it was Junpei coming back to reclaim his hoodie off of Miho's back, and that he made the 'courtesy' exchange of clothing - to dress Miho in the Japanese ninja-compound-guest's house-dress. Looked like Miho can be surprised. I thought she was flailing her arms in frustration in that last panel of the previous page.

Nope.

We now see on this page, even in her recovering health condition, Miho was reaching out (at speed) to grab an impudent ninja. And she did make the grab. And hung on, too. Even if it hurt. "Owww..."

The [silent rattle] was probably a lot of things happening very quickly. Ninja attempting to land without breaking self and/or furniture (and letting grandma know where she was from the noise). Also quick attempts to get out of Miho's grip. It wasn't possible.

Miho is the Best Miho. She's maybe had a very long series of stories to gain experience in what she could do with her gifts.
PMEmail Poster
Heywulf
Posted: Apr 15 2017, 10:23 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 68356

Gifts.

Miho's expressions in panel 3 and panel 5. From the early sketches, I thought this was an expression of guarded defense, having been immediately caught in the 'secret safe hideout'.

Since Miho seems to have a control grip on this new female ninja, now I see this as Miho's looks of assessment and preparing to exercise her options. Is this an enemy? A ninja-compound guard? A rival ninja bounty assassin who has found Miho?

Miho seems to be able to use her abilities very well, when she is focused. Miho looks focused.

I think one of her ultimate options is dispensing Death, if she has to protect herself. I'm of the opinion that many of the versions of Miho's story histories did not have very pleasant and civilized settings. Miho may not have this as a well-practiced skill, but I believe it always has been one of her options, perhaps seen in a story near you.... ("Have I changed?")

Then the ninja threat speaks.

In the course of the next couple of sentences, Miho lets go of her hold on the ninja's ankle. (In panel 6, Miho's hand is shown touching the collar of the house dress... also a reminder where the dress came from.

I thought Miho might have been bowing in submission, but now... maybe Miho doesn't want the ninja-girl to see her face. The expressions might be very raw. A lot could have happened in a fraction of a second, just seconds before. It isn't polite to kill a hostess, and one that's brought Miho at least 3 gifts: A house-dress, Ninja Play, & Ninja Innocence.

Miho gets a 4th hostess-gift: A reminder of Ninja-story culture, and a reminder that the former Miho story is paused.

PMEmail Poster
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Apr 16 2017, 02:05 AM
Quote Post

The one true Green Lantern of sector SD!

Member No.: 39158

Junpei's sister has Nabiki's hair style...
IMMA CALLIN HER NABIKI FROM NOW ON!

Nabiki is a chatter-box... not a good quality in a ninja.
PMEmail Poster
Small Pink Mouse
Posted: Apr 16 2017, 02:34 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 33461

QUOTE ('zilla @ Apr 15 2017, 07:55 AM)
Say hello to Teen Ninja Girl™.

Heh. That could almost be a Silver Age DC comic. Complete with lipstick tips in the inside section where the letter column would normally be. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
eomdal
Posted: Apr 16 2017, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 56906

QUOTE (Skorpion @ Apr 15 2017, 01:40 PM)
Isn't it Yuki's mom that's got it goin' on, though?

Yes, and Kobayashi's mom. And Junko's mom. And Yaku's mom and Mugi's mom.

Seeing a pattern here, Fred. Not that I'm complaining. If this trend continues, and if little sister (assuming) is any indication, then NinjaMom is smoookin'.

This comic is a lot of fun, Fred. Can't wait to see how this situation turns out!

This post has been edited by eomdal on Apr 16 2017, 12:35 PM
PMEmail Poster
Wonderduck
Posted: Apr 16 2017, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 49436

QUOTE (Olba @ Apr 15 2017, 05:21 PM)
You're missing the part where it wasn't Junpei who was doing the changing. In 1472, Junpei leaves the room in panel 5.

No, I missed nothing. He says he's leaving in panel 5 of 1472, panel 6 Miho is alone immediately... ninja disappearance!

My way of thinking was that between Panels 7 and 8 Junpei ninjas back in, takes back his sweatshirt, then ninjas Miho into what she's wearing between Panels 8 and 9.

Next thing we know, Teen Ninja is on the ground after being grabbed by Miho. Please note there's no evidence visible that Teen Ninja is the one responsible for taking the sweatshirt. So if Teen Ninja entered the room in Panel 1 of 1473 ("silent rattle")... I still feel like we skipped a page.
Invisigoth
Posted: Apr 16 2017, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

QUOTE (Wonderduck @ Apr 16 2017, 01:07 PM)
No, I missed nothing. He says he's leaving in panel 5 of 1472, panel 6 Miho is alone immediately... ninja disappearance!

My way of thinking was that between Panels 7 and 8 Junpei ninjas back in, takes back his sweatshirt, then ninjas Miho into what she's wearing between Panels 8 and 9.

Next thing we know, Teen Ninja is on the ground after being grabbed by Miho. Please note there's no evidence visible that Teen Ninja is the one responsible for taking the sweatshirt. So if Teen Ninja entered the room in Panel 1 of 1473 ("silent rattle")... I still feel like we skipped a page.

Miho was momentarily surprised when the hoodie was whisked off. And really stealing a hoodie isn't that tricky. She caught ninja-girl in the act
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) All [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic