l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [1470] Her Heart, Only MOSTLY dead.
chemi
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Addict
Group Icon

Group: Fake Mods
Member No.: 37563

Oi. Been a while, hasn't it folks?

Discuss in the thirty seconds you've got before the hamster runs off the wheel again.

GO!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
S1arburst
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 78100

Okay, what I've really wanted to say for the last three strips is that I'm excited Piro found the gaps again! What I'm curious about is whether he found them himself, or due to Kimiko taking on Miho's story (at least temporarily).

I think he's doing very well. He noticed the horde watching in the distance in this latest page, and he's playing along to the best of his ability, regardless of how much he actually understands. He realizes something important is going on, and that's enough for right now. He's trying to get Kimiko to somewhere "safe" while supporting her act that she's dead Miho.

I also find it interesting that Piro didn't object to Largo shooting a missile at the horde. At some level he realizes that they aren't currently people, in a sense. They dissolve, they can reform, they aren't actually killed by things such as flamethrowers. Just shadowy observers that might happen to rip you to shreds.
PMEmail Poster
Mamma Peach
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 76699

My 30 seconds, finally???
I agree, all of it. I also like how Sawatari was involved, and how Largo and Erica work together. Hopefully I will also like being able to see what everyone else wrote about the last couple of comics, if there was any, and if my connection holds out...
PMUsers Website
Mamma Peach
Posted: Mar 24 2017, 11:03 AM
Quote Post

Addict

My 30 seconds, finally???
I agree, all of it. I also like how Sawatari was involved, and how Largo and Erica work together. Hopefully I will also like being able to see what everyone else wrote about the last couple of comics, if there was any, and if my connection holds out...
PMUsers Website
richvh
Posted: Mar 25 2017, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 19795

I hope Sawatori hasn't let the cat out of the bag by shouting Kimiko's name.
PMEmail Poster
Rapierman
Posted: Mar 25 2017, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Militant Warrior for Intelligence

Member No.: 33370

Okay, obviously, Sawatari knowing that it's Kimiko and she's still alive does complicate things. Here's hoping that Piro can recruit her into the plot.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
HakuRyoku
Posted: Mar 25 2017, 03:02 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 65599

I still stand by what I said on the facebook page.... but enough of that, time to curse this thing by shouting....

YAY! THE FORUMS ARE UP AGAIN!!! happy.gif happy.gif *dances*
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Patty Acer
Posted: Mar 26 2017, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 30812

:enter Megumi: Megumi Sawatari is now an active player

Well, this is getting interesting, isn't it? Looks like whatever process it was that allowed Piro to use the gaps that were formerly available only to Miho is not fully complete because here come the z0mbi3s aka Miho's horde....

How is it that Kimiko 'can't play dead even if she were dead' in Erika's eyes, but can fool Megumi so well, even up close, that Megumi needs to check her pulse to make sure?

PMEmail Poster
Ningen
Posted: Mar 26 2017, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 55780

Yay forumz!

Teary-eyed maiden is becoming a thing!

I agree - Piro is doing well. Let's hope it keeps on that way.
PMEmail Poster
S1arburst
Posted: Mar 26 2017, 04:39 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 78100

QUOTE (Patty Acer @ Mar 26 2017, 08:30 AM)
Well, this is getting interesting, isn't it? Looks like whatever process it was that allowed Piro to use the gaps that were formerly available only to Miho is not fully complete because here come the z0mbi3s aka Miho's horde....

Watch the arrows in the previous pages. I think those show (at least sometimes) when you're in the gaps. In this page, there's an X rather than an arrow above Megumi. I believe that marks exiting or partially exiting the gaps into a scene. Perhaps if Piro follows more arrows away from this scene it will leave the horde again.

I think Megumi is becoming a player, but she may not be tipping off the horde right away by calling Kimiko by name. Megumi doesn't know Miho at all, so the horde probably doesn't recognize her as a protagonist or player at this point. Just some crazy lady that came up to Miho and started yelling random things. I don't think it's as damaging to the act as if someone who knows Miho and the horde knows called Kimi by name or said, "She's not dead." At least she's supported the act so far by believing the death part.

By the way, it's pretty impressive that Megumi was able to recognize Kimiko right away when she was collapsed on the trash pile, despite being at a distance, in different clothes, and with dyed hair.

This post has been edited by S1arburst on Mar 26 2017, 04:45 PM
PMEmail Poster
mistersaxon
Posted: Mar 27 2017, 01:19 AM
Quote Post

Purveyor of High Class Weaponry

Member No.: 60230

I'm just going to say yay for new comics at a rate of one peer week! This is . . . almost unprecedented?

And I''m not being rude to say that, since when the comic launched the art was a great deal less developed than now (dare I say it was simpler?). This is a near-commercial level of production IMO - many comics at this level of production have an inker and a colourist so the drawings don't need to be anywhere near as finished as Fred's are - I'm suitably impressed.

THEN I'm going to say that Megumi(n) might cause a significant explosion of her own if she doesn't hush up fast smile.gif

This post has been edited by mistersaxon on Mar 27 2017, 01:20 AM
PMEmail Poster
GouryG
Posted: Mar 27 2017, 02:02 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 47794

Hopefully Megumi will realize that there is more going on than she is aware of. Let's see if she spoils everything or actually helps with the ruse.
PMEmail Poster
Greybeard
Posted: Mar 27 2017, 05:07 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 46055

I'm just astonished that I actually wondered three or four strips ago whether Megumi would be the X factor in this scenario. First time I've been right since about 2007.
PMEmail Poster
iffy
Posted: Mar 27 2017, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 67265

Yes as far as we know, Megumi doesn't know Miho personally. Unless through being related to Mugi means Megumi and she have discussed or interacted with Miho at some point. Maybe instantly fully recognizing the in-disguise in-character Kimiko, and believing she was being told about Kimiko herself, shows Megumi is pretty fully unaware of Miho to begin with.

Piro appears to have quelled any major damage from interacting with Megumi by distracting her saying anything clear and problematic. Which regardless might be better than just leaving her alone. Clearly though, Megumi is an insider, a participant, in-the-know, even though she clearly isn't aware of anything that's been going on. Fast learner, we hope.

So. As Miho once essentially said, if you need the gaps you'll find them. Not necessarily deterministically. I'm not fully convinced it's all random either. As in, we know sometimes it's not, or at least when Yuki found them it was because she was following directions from Miho herself. Either way, Piro isn't so much really finding them, but bumping into them and falling through them. Which in that situation, there really wasn't anywhere else to go anyway.

In Megatokyo, gaps sometimes find you.
PMEmail Poster
Initial B
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 16323

Wait a sec, Piro just stumbled upon that escape route. He didn't find a gap, someone made that ahead of time (Yuki, perhaps?). And they're not out of the woods yet - just look at the couple of horde members in the background just waiting for confirmation that something isn't right with the narrative. Let's hope Megumi is a smart cookie.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Mamma Peach
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Addict

I think Piro stumble upon that gap because he could (and somehow Megumi did the same or something, anyway she's where he is). As to who made the gaps? I dunno, the Fates?
PMUsers Website
Invisigoth
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

Group: Fake Mods
Member No.: 63090

Piro made the gap...he's just not that good at making them. Nonetheless he was able to go straight to Sawatori which doubtless was the best place for him to go.
PMEmail Poster
Patty Acer
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 30812

QUOTE (Invisigoth @ Mar 28 2017, 01:36 PM)
Piro made the gap...he's just not that good at making them. Nonetheless he was able to go straight to Sawatori which doubtless was the best place for him to go.

Half agreed. I'm not 100% convinced Piro made the gap, but I do think it is there on purpose for him and no one else.
PMEmail Poster
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

The one true Green Lantern of sector SD!

Member No.: 39158

Poor Megumi... this one gave me the serious feels for her. Scoop her up in a big ole fuzzy bear hug and tell her everything will be alright.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options   Reply to this topicStart new topic