l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (2) All [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> My Final houghts..., My Final houghts...
Erden
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 10:18 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 8631

Well Ladies and Gents, it seems as if I've rubbed off on some of you, as a bit of a character. An asshole, if you will. I'll say this, because I truly believe I was an outright asshole in my most recent thread. I don't HONESTLY mean to offend anyone, and if that's how I came off, then I sincerely apologize to those whom I have offended. And yes, I'll admit, you all probably took it exactly as you were supposed to take it (Without my conscious intent of thus), as one big verbal assault on Roleplaying fanatics, and Factionists. I was outright appauling in my maner and words, and I wish only that what I said could be erased. I was a n00bish little dipshit, basically.

What I really wanted to say was, I just don't like watching certain parts of MT be butchered by the fans. I'll personally keep my mouth shut from now on in lieue of such events, as not to offend those particiating, or their supporters. I love reading Megatokyo, and being a part of it's fanbase, but it just doesn't rub me right when something fishy goes down within the forums. I assume we've all had at least ONE thead with our name on it, in which we were total assgoblins, a I correct? Just please, oh god, please, allow me to forget my shortcomings on my first weekm so I may move o and become l33t....
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
StriderZero
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 9040

Ph34r n0t my ex-assholish friend. I too am known for my asshole qualities. I have yet to show them in MT forums, but I think I'm probably about due. Anyways, anyone can change. Great first impression though .
PMEmail Poster
l33t n1n94
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 10:42 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 807

Listen, you voiced your opinion like any other would, exept for it just happened to be against all others. Its the equivelent of going into the religeous forums or chat rooms and saying all that they belive in is total crap and should give up on it. I found your comments to be a little exessive, its just that we like to play our little games, we like to pick the story apart, you may even come to like it also if you choose to stay.

So dont leave because of a rocky start. If it bothers you that much start a new username and start a fresh. Hope for your input in future, hopefully a little lower key
PMEmail Poster
Nightwalker AK
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 541

Hey dude, the fans of MT are nothing if not diverse, and sometimes stuff happens that we wish we could go back and delete. Things are said that start fires, people get offended, mistakes are made. That's just the nature of putting such a large and varied group all in the same place. Because of that I think, we're generally a pretty forgiving bunch.

I'll be blunt, yes, that was really stupid. But you did something most of the dumbass n00bs never do: you realized how stupid it was. That thought never occours to most people, and I think, that puts you above those kinds.

One of the conventions about this Forum, that I find sorely lacking in most others, is that people aren't rated by their postcount, but by their words. There are Tourists who were never n00bs, and there are l33t 0n3s who still are. The difference between a contributing and liked member and a flamebait n00b is a simple one; the contributing member is willing to listen to others, realize and admit his mistakes, and apologise for them.

Now, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm fairly certain I do when I say I'm willing to forgive and forget.

In return, I only ask that you keep a mind open to new ideas, and always be willing to try something diffrent -you never know when you're going to discover something you like.
PMEmail Poster
Erden
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 10:52 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

I still don't feel like roleplaying...maybe when I have som e caffeine in my system, I'll sit down and give it a chance...
l33t n1n94
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 10:54 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Am i n00b?
PMEmail Poster
Erden
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 10:57 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

It's possible, but I doubt it, ninja man
Nightwalker AK
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

If you have to ask, then chances are pretty good the answer is 'no'.
PMEmail Poster
Psieye
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 11:00 PM
Quote Post

Speculator & Lore Hunter

Member No.: 5841

This day we have witnessed one of the most rarest events on the forums - the (re)birth of an ex-n00b. Perhaps we can add one condition in the drinking game to celebrate this wonderful event:

Empty the bottle/mug/glass when someone sincerely apologises for several n00bish posts he/she made.

May your forum experiences be happy from now on!

Edit: Oh and l33t n1nj4: I don't recall n00bish behaviour committed by you. N00bs tend to stick in one's mind.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
l33t n1n94
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 11:02 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Wha!

ooo, and soon the official opening of NINJ4 will be official. Soon... Very soon...
PMEmail Poster
directedition
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 11:02 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 9214

I'm a n00b and proud of it! (not in the ex-erdon sense)

I can forgive and forget so long as the other side keeps up their side.
PMEmail Poster
mlamdin
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 11:15 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 303

*sigh*

Thank you. You have now proved that rational thought exists in the minds of even the most foolish... okay, that's stretching it, maybe not Jerry Falwell.

Anyway, I'll let it go. Admittedly, I've sent you a couple of rather, er, flaming hot PMs, but that was because you insulted WoK, who's my online adopted little sister.

Anyway - enjoy the rest of your stay at MT. And one of these days, go read one of the MegaTokyo: the Clans RP threads. You may find yourself pleasantly surprised.
PMEmail Poster
Erden
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 11:24 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

I'm going to bed, it's 10:30 and I've been up on me feet all day. Give me something interesting to read tomorrow.....I is odd like this...^-^ My sincere apologies go out to the Xellos fan who's WoK's adopted brother(I hate it when I forge names at the last second), and WoK herself....and Draegos, SOME ICE may help that ....broken...internal...organ..I think o.o
mlamdin
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 11:28 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Hey, no problem. And around here I'm BGMaster - that was my name on the OLD boards, and the name of my RP character, who ran the Church of Miho for a while. I've still got a bit of an, er, reputation around here.

Get some sleep. Perhaps by doing so you show yourself more rational than me - it's 12:30 AM here, and I'm still up.

Ah well. Back to goofing off.

Edit: Okay, large reputation. Nightwalker has reminded me of this over AIM.
PMEmail Poster
wizardofkitty
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 11:38 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 388

happy.gif; I'm definately willing to forgive since I was having fun laughing. But that's just me. happy.gif;;

Maybe I should get less involved in things like this, BG Master wouldn't have go through all these angry rantage modes then. ._.;;
mlamdin
Posted: Jan 2 2003, 11:42 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Hey, I hadn't had a good rant in awhile. 'Sides, gotta keep up the rep somehow.

*hugs WoK-chan and gives her skittles*

But I'm all cheerful again, see?
PMEmail Poster
Linden Rathan
Posted: Jan 3 2003, 02:08 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 7703

hhhmmm first can you forgive me for whacking you in the eye with a rubber chicken?? Then is Ragnarok a fun game. I heard about it on the bus while talking about other m-porgs and the idea sounded interesting.....
PMEmail Poster
Meagen
Posted: Jan 3 2003, 04:15 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 501

Group hug everyone! happy.gif

No, really, it's cool that you finally discovered the "Live and let live" rule. May your posts be filled with interesting non-RP story discussion, and may your example shine as a guiding light to other n00bs!

Meagen
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
l33t n1n94
Posted: Jan 3 2003, 04:21 AM
Quote Post

Addict

|>|=|33|_ [)4 |_|_|2/3!!!!!
PMEmail Poster
Meagen
Posted: Jan 3 2003, 04:37 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 501

Okay, first of all it's

|> |-| 3 3 |_ [) 4 |_ |_| |2 / 3!!!!!

Second, you need a subtitle for the unl337 masses. Like this:

[Subtitle: Let us all rejoice and cast away our differences!]

Meagen
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
l33t n1n94
Posted: Jan 3 2003, 04:58 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Will make a note of it

*whips out ninja note pad and scribbles some quick scriblings*
PMEmail Poster
Nightwalker AK
Posted: Jan 3 2003, 05:17 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

j4 |)[]0I). j00 60774 5|_|8 |)4 //4|) 5|<i11Z 4 |)4 |_ |_|Z3|2Z |)4+ |)0|/|7 5|>33|< 1337.

[My colleague is correct. One must remain aware that not all who frequent these boards are fluent in the beautiful language.]

|}/ 5|_|8^21N6 1z |<1|/||)4 |>-|_|N^23 700.

[The nature of the language also provides entertaining translations if one takes the time to read both the subtitles and the literal translation of the words. This is due to both the meaning of the words as translated, and the length of the original in comparison to the length of the translations.]

5w33t?

[Do you understand the lesson?]

5w33t.|/|16|-|7//|_ |<3|2 0|_|7.

[Carry on.]
PMEmail Poster
StriderZero
Posted: Jan 3 2003, 01:52 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 9040

!F j00 D0N'7 W4NN4 5U8 411 7H4 7!M3 4ND H31P TH4 L355 1337, j00 C4N U53 B45!C 1337, 1!K3 M3.

Besides, while I love and overuse 1337, I sometimes get headaches from trying to interpret th4 U83R-1337
PMEmail Poster
Erden
Posted: Jan 3 2003, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Answering a previous post(yeah, this is off-subject, but I love RO, and it's part of my psychy, so lemme have my fun ^-^):

Ragnarok Online is indeed a very entertaining MMORPG. It's beta testing now, and it's installation package is avaialble at RagnarokOnline.com. Only problem is, I haven't played it since July, as it went down for a 3-MONTH SERVER MAINTENANCE. Now it's back up, but it's ten bucks a month to play(instead of free download, free play, free account, like back in the Beta 1 and 2 days...*sigh*). ALL the characters look like something out of FF Tactics, and the backgrounds are polygonal. Giving the whole thing an anime feel to it is what is givning it so much drive and attention from the online community. It's very entertaining, and based on the lead artist's Manwha(it's a korean game gone international), entitled Ragnarok, available through TokyoPop manga, most likely to be found at your local Barnes and Noble o.o.

As far as my Bapho quote, Whenever the Moderators feel like it, they will release Baphomet, the STRONGEST creature in the game, into a random city. This is what they pass for an event, but it's still fun. Merchants have the ability to set up little shops wherever they want, and they stand outside(or sit down), and sell stuff out of a chat applet. Whenever Bapho comes to town, and there are a large amount of Merchants who left their keyboard(since the whole market thingy is computer-controlled and requires no interactivity from anyone except the buyer), you WILL see masses of dead merchants EVERYWHERE!!!

My avatar is my RO character in a wedding tux, one of the new features planned for 2K3. Coincidentally, he's named Erden ^-^
masamage
Posted: Jan 3 2003, 11:51 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 639

You're forgiven, dude. Welcome to the boards. happy.gif

(Oh, and Nightwalker, your 'lesson' was hilarious.)

[Edited for illegal use of a paren.]
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) All [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic