l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (2) All 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [1471] Somewhere Safe, "does your mom know?"
iffy
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 67265

QUOTE (Wonderduck @ Mar 28 2017, 01:34 AM)
You're overthinking it. 
Nah, just like the usual, making a bunch of random offhand comments on observations of a number of things things that the comic brought out.

But, I'm not entirely convinced she didn't expect an answer, or that he isn't at least somewhat doing so on purpose. Heck as far as we know, there is neither mother nor grandmother and he's making it all up. I don't think so, but you never know. Doesn't really matter. We'll see which, or not, at some point.

So also, a great kind of camaraderie for two non-normals (and perhaps even non-humans) who we don't know who is the more powerful of, but that we do know were just in a situation where he'd been sent to kill her and she physically hurt him in a way he doesn't seem to have thought possible or that he was surprised she was going to go to the extent of. We can ponder the things that we can't answer because they didn't happen all day long though, and never come to a conclusion (or even agreement). Either way, he's taken her someplace safe, even though he was supposed to remove/kill/neutralize her. If the head ninja (or whoever gave the orders to whoever) is okay with this turn of events we do not know. Although she is neutralized, and given the situation with Kimiko, the effect is the same as if Miho had died, so far. So perhaps everyone is/will be okay with how it's worked out so far; we'll see if the result is too, if we ever get there.

The way she quips (snarks? sarcasms?) and he takes it literally; just like him. As is that he lives at home or at least has it available. Tropes without tropes within tropes but none too serious. Regardless of how much what we see is what really is.

Oh, as I also thought but didn't mention -- it's so nice to see her back to her usual self once again.
PMEmail Poster
mistersaxon
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 04:34 AM
Quote Post

Purveyor of High Class Weaponry

Member No.: 60230

It's nice to see the forums back to their usual selves too, and the usual crowd of . . . whatever the heck we are, all here again smile.gif

And wow, barely time to comment on a strip before another is out, let alone obsess over the details. Long may this continue!
PMEmail Poster
Wonderduck
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 49436

QUOTE (Invisigoth @ Mar 28 2017, 01:41 PM)
Isn't deadly little Miho a bit out of your league?

If she starts throwing swastika-shaped shuriken, I'm outta here.

This post has been edited by Wonderduck on Mar 29 2017, 07:09 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

The one true Green Lantern of sector SD!

Member No.: 39158

A ninja family clan? Are we making a U-turn into Narutoland?
Does Junpei have to keep his bedroom door open when he has a girl over? It is a standard rule I had to follow when I was growing up. Did we ever get an age on Junpei? I always figured him at early to mid twenties, but could he be in his late teens instead?

OH! And foolish Junpei!! Never invite evil into your home! You may have just doomed your clan courting the favor of Foxie Biggins! ohmy.gif
PMEmail Poster
Dragonix
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 78119

These strips are coming out rapid fire, and with no lack for quality to boot! This Patreon support was a wonderful idea. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Roborat
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 66228

Well, I am a bit nervous, the last two times I tried to post, the forums crashed, so we will see. Good to see the strips are coming at an increasing rate.

I assumed that he would take her to his apartment, not the family estate. So, he brought a (half naked) girl to his room, I am looking forward to seeing what take Fred has on this standard anime/manga trope.
PMEmail Poster
Patty Acer
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 30812

Not just a half-naked girl, but one with (the remains of ) restraints still on her ankles...his granny may scold him, not just tease him. You never know.
PMEmail Poster
iffy
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

She's just not wearing any shoes or undergarments, otherwise not at all naked. Well no more naked than anyone is without clothes, which she is wearing. Right, just sort of. Has a hoodie on. Okay, more like scantily-clad, but she is an Analogue, and he is a Ninja, and this is a rescue.

I foresee lots of great and funny dialog and situations.

QUOTE (Teddy-Werebear @ Mar 29 2017, 09:57 AM)
  You may have just doomed your clan courting the favor of Foxie Biggins!  ohmy.gif
Except Foxie is the one who asked him to go rescue Miho.
PMEmail Poster
Con
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 58078

*She glomps the forums, squeezing them tightly* You're back~<3 ^o^

*She realizes the forums are turning purple and gets off them* Oh! Sorry! I forgot you've been feeling bad. ^~^;

Really though, it's been a while. It's so strange. I feel like I'm meeting a friend I haven't seen in several months! TuT

I'm not sure I have much more to add to what's already been said... just excited to see the comic move forward so quickly, and curious to see how this scene plays out! Will we get to learn more about Junpei's family? About Miho's situation, from a ninja and/or 'stability' viewpoint? Or are we going to quickly switch back to Piro/Kimiho/Megumi and their plight? Or maybe the Largo/Erika mayhem? There's so much going on... with just a fraction of the know players involved. Mr. Sonoda is gonna flip his lid! ^u^
PM
HakuRyoku
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 65599

QUOTE (iffy @ Mar 29 2017, 12:59 PM)

Except Foxie is the one who asked him to go rescue Miho.

But that's exactly what the were-bear is saying.... he is saying that Junpei has doomed his entire ninja clan because he is doing this favor (of 'saving' Miho) for Mugi.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Zandra
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 67343

QUOTE (HakuRyoku @ Mar 29 2017, 04:01 PM)
But that's exactly what the were-bear is saying.... he is saying that Junpei has doomed his entire ninja clan because he is doing this favor (of 'saving' Miho) for Mugi.

When a ninja loves a woman....... cant keep their mind on nothing else. Turn their back on his clan..if they put her down.

LOL. that was hard enough,now to try and write a whole song. O.O
PMEmail Poster
iffy
Posted: Mar 30 2017, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

QUOTE (HakuRyoku @ Mar 29 2017, 05:01 PM)

Ah, yes.

ninjanatsD.gif
PMEmail Poster
mistersaxon
Posted: Mar 31 2017, 01:51 AM
Quote Post

Purveyor of High Class Weaponry

Member No.: 60230

We need to know what Ed and Dom are up to in this situation... After all Dom bought into the "Sight" production just so he could "own" Kotori (and hence Miho's latest avatar?).

Did his investment just tank badly? Will the plot for "Sight" undergo a major revision now at the behest of The Great Story? Will the CA baton pass to Kimiko now, in spite of all that she or Piro could do about it? Will Largo try to kill Kimiko if it does?

And, most importantly, is the reason Largo called Miho "T3h Gr34t 3v1l" simply that he hates the effect those sad games have on his buddy Piro, with no more depth to it than that? He's hinted strongly that he considers these situations to be "life threatening" to Piro before so if Miho is the root "cause" of them then she's the Big Bad in his eyes, no?
PMEmail Poster
Mamma Peach
Posted: Apr 1 2017, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 76699

I'm pretty sure that Endgames looms pretty large in Largo's mind when he thinks of Miho, at least until recently. Maybe her death story cycle had also made her morose to the point of contemplating (or even doing) evil... Maybe he felt that too.
PMUsers Website
Invisigoth
Posted: Apr 1 2017, 01:50 PM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

Group: Fake Mods
Member No.: 63090

The thing that causes Largo's real anger is that he, Dom and Ed were running a massive gold farming operation that generated millions in revenue every month.

Miho's "EVIL" was simply that her effect on the game world resulted in massive losses for their operation.

So Miho's crime was accidentally shutting down a real criminal enterprise
PMEmail Poster
maldrul
Posted: Apr 1 2017, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

wandering idiot kitsune

Member No.: 23343

QUOTE (Invisigoth @ Apr 1 2017, 01:50 PM)
The thing that causes Largo's real anger is that he,  Dom and Ed were running a massive gold farming operation that generated millions in revenue every month. 

Miho's "EVIL" was simply that her effect on the game world resulted in massive losses for their operation.

"accidentally"? huh.gif
PMEmail Poster
Sheharazade
Posted: Apr 2 2017, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 37623

/unlurk
preparing to activate forum timebomb
activating bomb: What if Miho is already known to this household?
insert cherry on top: What if Miho is actually related?
and whipped cream: What if she is actually A SISTER? or better yet, A KISSING COUSIN??!!!
My work here is finished
/relurk ph34r.gif
PMEmail Poster
Sheharazade
Posted: Apr 2 2017, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 37623

/unlurk
and whipped cream: What if she is actually A SISTER? or better yet, A KISSING COUSIN??!!!
My work here is finished
/relurk ph34r.gif
PMEmail Poster
Invisigoth
Posted: Apr 3 2017, 04:28 AM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

Group: Fake Mods
Member No.: 63090

QUOTE (Sheharazade @ Apr 2 2017, 10:11 PM)
/unlurk
My work here is finished
/relurk ph34r.gif

Miho is Irish

PMEmail Poster
Patty Acer
Posted: Apr 3 2017, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 30812

QUOTE (Invisigoth @ Apr 1 2017, 01:50 PM)
The thing that causes Largo's real anger is that he, Dom and Ed were running a massive gold farming operation that generated millions in revenue every month.

There's nothing in the story to indicate that this happened. However, there are many places in the story where Largo has lamented the effect girls with sob stories have on Piro.

On the other hand, I would not put this past Dom and Ed.
PMEmail Poster
Mamma Peach
Posted: Apr 4 2017, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

Addict

In the case of Ed it would be "kill it with fire" or a nuclear blast, but Dom wants to own it. Dom's always wanting to make a deal.
PMUsers Website
Mamma Peach
Posted: Apr 4 2017, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

Addict

In the case of Ed it would be "kill it with fire" or a nuclear blast, but Dom wants to own it. Dom's always wanting to make a deal.
PMUsers Website
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Apr 4 2017, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

The one true Green Lantern of sector SD!

Member No.: 39158

I would legit not complain about Miho's evil and the horror that she is if McDonalds would bring back the Mulan promo szechuan dipping sauce for mcnuggets!
PMEmail Poster
Ningen
Posted: Apr 4 2017, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 55780

QUOTE (Invisigoth @ Apr 3 2017, 11:28 AM)
Miho is Irish

I don't consider that established.

She swore in Irish once. Her current incarnation is clearly oriental. The attempt to hijack Kotone's background was all "what if".
PMEmail Poster
Zandra
Posted: Apr 4 2017, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 67343

QUOTE (Teddy-Werebear @ Apr 4 2017, 10:48 AM)
I would legit not complain about Miho's evil and the horror that she is if McDonalds would bring back the Mulan promo szechuan dipping sauce for mcnuggets!

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) All 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topic