l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> I dont remmeber previous storylines (ed related), I dont remmeber previous storylines (ed related)
turtlehx2
Posted: Oct 7 2003, 10:32 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 19235

what happend to him? isnt he the Sony agent thats friends with Piro and largo? why is his face changed? so whats gonna happen now?
PMEmail Poster
Ryo-san13
Posted: Oct 7 2003, 10:35 PM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 9891

Ed was blown up by being punch out of the school... he then hit a gas tank...
later he was wrapped in bandages and donned a happy face paper bag
he was then unfortunately in the path of the flung gameru...
his face was reconstructed to look like this... that is how Bishie-Ed was created...
what's gonna happen now is he's going to try to get to Ping...
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Aree
Posted: Oct 7 2003, 10:53 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 15930

Yes. Ed is the Sony guy. The one Dom locked in a trunk. You see, Ed was bashed and Battered until finnally, he was hit in the face with a turtle. Most of his face structure was destoryed, so he had to get plasic surgery. This is the result.

You know, the Ed's face thing should be on the Drinking Game...
PMEmail Poster
CountAlpicola
Posted: Oct 7 2003, 11:02 PM
Quote Post

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10078

In reply to:

No. It should not.

What we're getting right now is a bunch of questions about something going on with a very specific set of strips (read: the most recent one). We don't need to be adding junk to the drinking game which will pass the forum by in a couple days anyway. That's not what the Drinking Game is meant for.

Just watch, first strip without Ed in it and none of these questions will show up anymore. It's just not that big a deal that it's gonna be a recurring theme.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Ray Kremer
Posted: Oct 8 2003, 02:51 AM
Quote Post

Fanmod #1
Group Icon

Member No.: 3418

Yeah, no drinking rules for short term stuff. However, just for the heck of it, I'm going to invoke Drink #9 for the general lack of a clue about the storyline.

I don't know, maybe for some people it really is that hard to keep track of everything that's going on. Ah well.
Silent_Rogue
Posted: Oct 8 2003, 03:59 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 18476

Actually, it's closer to #26, but hey, a drink's a drink.
PM
Karma_B
Posted: Oct 8 2003, 04:10 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 15944

In reply to:

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. It should not.

Maybe there should be an item added along the lines of:

Take a drink when someone suggests that something should be added to the Drinking Game. Drain the bottle if it's something that's actually worth adding.

That might discourage spurious addition requests. On the other hand, it might just get us all very drunk.
PMEmail Poster
dartax
Posted: Oct 8 2003, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 19168

I think the poster at the start of thread had a decent question. Krud, they started off the thread mentioning a lack of memory regarding the previous storyline as far as Ed goes.

Let me see if I remember correctly. Ed and Dom followed Piro and Largo to Japan, although Ed and Dom work for rival companies (or was it that one pulled a cheap trick to get a desirable job over the other). Either way, they're friends and enemies that can/will work together. Anyways, Ed is sent to retrieve/capture Ping and she throws him through a school wall and he hits the explosive tank far away (he sure can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'). Largo, Ed, and Dom fight an unsheduled zombie invasion. Later, Ed shows up all bandaged going around in several strips like a mummy, except he's not undead or anything like that (I think....). When Largo takes on the giant, drunk turtle, or rather gets Ping to battle it, we see Ed again with a big gun--and it looks like he's sighting in Ping from the top of a skyscraper. Well, Ping throws Mr. Turtle right through were Ed is and he takes a nasty nose dive into the concrete many stories below (he takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'). The next we see of Ed, I think, is when he's getting his face reconstructed. It looks sort of like the Joker scene in the Batman movie, except imagine the Joker in a fancy, well-kept lab. This is top-notch. Okay, it turns out the lady who reconstructed Ed's face also works for Sony (at least, I think Ed works for Sony). She says something about his new face helping with his mission, but that's about all we know at that point. We only see the back of Ed's head, so there has been some anticipation as to what his face will look like. There was even one of those "Dom strips" that poked at this.

Well, now we know what his face looks like, but what does it have to do with his mission? And since his mission usually seems to deal with Ping in some way, how does this relate to Ping?

Personally, I don't care if his character is rounded out a bit more than just the guy who carries big guns and chainsaws (was he the one with the chainsaw, or was that Dom?). Still, this man should scare us. If Dom and Ed aren't being their "normal" selves, then we should be very, very scared.
PMEmail Poster
Twiler
Posted: Oct 8 2003, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 19621

Am I the only one who can see the truth? Sorry, that sounded a little arrogent. Why don't I edit it out? Because I like the sound of this whole paragraph.

Anyway, Ed's new face is probably to allow him to take advantage of Ping's dating sim tendancies, and trick her into trusting and adoring him. Then, he can trick her into returning to Sony labs, where they can subdue her. They have found force to be inappropriate, so they're using other methods.
PMEmail Poster
Aree
Posted: Oct 8 2003, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 15930

I have a good idea then. How about. Take a drink when there are at least 5 threads about the lastest stip floating around.
PMEmail Poster
OceanSoul
Posted: Oct 9 2003, 04:32 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 2572

I wonder if Ed would be capable of holding his destructive instincts for more than 30 seconds, especially considered his face WAS Ping's fault. No offense to Ed fans, but although he could take a whole tank batallion by himself, i think he wont be able to fake friendship with Ping for more than a few seconds.

Keep in mind a few seconds are enough to close in unsuspected and make the killing blow.. of course I am against it and i expect to see him hospitalized again before anything happens to Ping
PMEmail Poster
Twiler
Posted: Oct 10 2003, 08:39 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 19621

Ha, from the looks of 472, I was right. I didn't think of him going through specific lines of dialogue with her though. I wonder if whatever changes have occurred to her recently will make her immune?
PMEmail Poster
dark_()n3
Posted: Oct 10 2003, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 2084

Lol yah, i wanna see Ed trying to sugartalk ping... im pretty sure he'll mess up at some point. >.<

I wuz Bishie ed tho...lol he looks kinda skary yes..but facinating at the same time. O.O
PMEmail Poster
Ray Kremer
Posted: Oct 10 2003, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Fanmod #1
Group Icon

Member No.: 3418

In reply to:

How about. Take a drink when there are at least 5 threads about the lastest stip floating around.

I suggested something similar a few days back:
In reply to:

Maybe that should be a new drink. Every time something in a strip prompts several people to start separate threads on the same topic.

Since the motion seems to be seconded I'll take it to be a good idea and add it to the list.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options   Reply to this topicStart new topic