l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (11) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> What Are You Playing Now?, English Edition
VasHtheStampede
Posted: Apr 8 2013, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

Ultimate Old One

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 118

Lazy mods are lazy so I guess I'll restart it for this season

I've recently posted my recent gaming update via my shitty MAL blog site but just some quickies from it:

Currently playing:
- Bioshock Infinite - Maybe just a bit "theme park ride"-ish for my interest but still a fun as hell shooter with surpurb visuals, although it doesn't really feel like a Bioshock game.
- God of War: Ascension - Jumping quicktime actions = Kratos greatest enemy. The prequel seems just more of the same as the last game but I'm having a fun time with it.
- Dead Space 3 - Metal boot stomping never gets old. It's just a bit better than DS 2 but not by much.
- Ni no Kuni - I'm way behind on this, I last finished the volcano

Just finished:
- Tomb Raider (2013) - Every enviroment seems like one big leapers and climbers playground and lots of fun "oh shit!" moments but it's a bit on the easy side.
- Skyrim: Dragonborn - Not bad for an addon and a new island to explore but it still just seemed more of the same stuff from the main game.

No games planned to buy for April.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
DaRk_KnIgHt
Posted: Apr 9 2013, 04:56 AM
Quote Post

blaarghlebleeeergh--

Member No.: 3729

Hosed through Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm campaign. I just... I don't know. The feeling's not there. There were some interesting missions(lawl Aliens shoutout) here and there, but Kerrigan just wasn't a particularly interesting person and her adventures were pretty campy. Also the missions tend to hold your hand way too much.

PMEmail Poster
-sam
Posted: Apr 9 2013, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

Trapped by paradoxes

Member No.: 3659

Speaking of Blizzard shitting the bed, we're now what, six months plus into Mists of Pandaria, and I can safely say it's the worst expansion in the history of WoW. They leaned way too hard on dailies, the raids are twitchy crap, and the lore feels confused to the previous two. I can pretty confidently say this is my last Warcraft expansion.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Xavon
Posted: Apr 13 2013, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 69089

Let's see. Still playing SW:TOR. Always playing SW:TOR.

Just ragequit Tomb Raider. Moving on to White Knight Chronicle II. I know, I'm way behind on my backlog.
PMEmail Poster
Char
Posted: Apr 13 2013, 11:03 PM
Quote Post

♪So I got married♪
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 803

Bioshock Infinite~ it's so shiny!
PMEmail PosterIntegrity Messenger IMICQAOLYahooMSN
DaRk_KnIgHt
Posted: Apr 14 2013, 05:07 AM
Quote Post

blaarghlebleeeergh--

Revisited Skyrim for Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

Dawnguard was pretty fun. I kinda became a Vampire a bit, messed around, decided I didn't like my lack of regeneration in the sun(granted I could have obtained endless arrows of sky blotting) and went back to being a werewolf. Also any alternate forms are weaksauce when your enchanted equips doubles the damage you do with weapon of choice.

Returning to Soltsheim(?) was pretty cool. Double cool to see that Raven Rock is now a Dunmer settlement full of Morrowind architecture and bonemold armoured guards. The main questline was pretty weaksauce ultimately, pretty short and Hiraak was pretty lame. But Hermaeus Mora's realm made for some interesting places to looksee. Pretty much nostalgiagasm-ed when that Morrowind theme music played as I trekked through an ash storm. Kinda disappointed overall though. I kinda made a Stahlrim sword for the heck of it and swung it around a bit but most equipment/item additions won't mean a thing to you if you're already geared up in Daedric/Dragon.

PMEmail Poster
Char
Posted: Apr 22 2013, 11:43 PM
Quote Post

♪So I got married♪
Group Icon

Pretty late to the game, but now I'm playing the Ballad of Gay Tony after completing the Lost and Damned over a weekend~
omoikane
Posted: Apr 25 2013, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

♪mojimoji shite kimoi ne♪
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

shiny festa "rhythmic record" for iOS
which is just another way of saying I didn't buy the psp game for that one, so yay.
Tech Knight
Posted: May 3 2013, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 56221

Anyone here played Dark Gate?

I wa curious to know if the different job classes hhad different vidsuals associated with them, or were just sets of abilities with a fancy name attatcched.
PMEmail Poster
VasHtheStampede
Posted: May 4 2013, 10:31 PM
Quote Post

Ultimate Old One

My May gaming update has been posted with two final impression posts but just a quick skinny of the one's I've finished:

- Bioshock Infinite - It's again not better than the original Bioshock but defiantely well worth playing. The gameplay seems to loose a bunch of steam during the 2nd half of the game but once you get to the final battle on Comstock's airship then it goes back to super fun time. The ending was a bit of a head scratcher but it got it's point across.
- God of War: Ascension - AKA: God of War: The Scrapped Ideas Collection. It had some fun areas and battles but not nearly as good as from the other three main titles. The final battle was all full of quicktime weaksauce. The multiplayer is kind of fun, albeit chaotic, and can have some decent potential if they add more arenas and content. Only play this if you have finished the other games.

Still trying to finish:
- Dead Space 3 which I should later this month, I need to get back to my alien boot stompin'.
- Tales of Graces F now that Tales of Xillia will be coming out to the states later this year.
- L.A. Noire another game that has been on the backburner for a really long time and eventually like to finish before the newest Grand Theft Auto game comes out later this year.

Games to buy this month:
*Nothing on target but there are couple to maybe consider:
- Resident Evil: Revelations (05/21) - A HD remake of a previous 3DS game which got a lot better reviews than the last major release of RE6 and if the reviews of this are good then will place my money on it.
- Fuse (05/28) - The newest game from the Ratchet & Clank and Resistance people over at Insomniac Games but it seems to more go for a four-player online co-op experience. So practually it's their version of Gears of War 3. Again will see how the reviews fair over this.
Jason Rox
Posted: May 5 2013, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 77424

I've finally gotten around to playing Tales of Vesperia and, god damn, that Gattuso boss battle/secret mission achievement nearly sent me into gamer rage. I can't remember the last time there was a boss that tough so early on in an RPG. I finally beat him and got the secret achievement last night, after spending about 3 hours leveling up. I'm seriously digging the game, though. The soundtrack is on point, too; It's one of the few these days that I'll actually buy a physical copy of.
PMEmail Poster
DaRk_KnIgHt
Posted: May 7 2013, 05:39 AM
Quote Post

blaarghlebleeeergh--

Checked out Ragnarok Online 2. Oh boy it is pretty horrible. Pretty much your generic MMORPG, except it doesn't even quite match up. Localization is horrible.. but then it was horrible in the first game too so what's new? Clusterfuck UI, somehow worse than Dragon Age 2 camera controls. Missing textures everywhere. And nobody checked Prontera's scale when they put it in the game, for it is like double the size it should be with railings being taller than characters. Combat is the same auto-attack fest, I played a swordsman and the game basically expected me to mash the shortcut for Bash endlessly.

Uninstalled.

Also rolling around in the stupidity that is Borderlands 2. Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is pretty retarded. But well I got friends to revel in the silliness with, probably the only reason I've sunk so many hours into it.

This post has been edited by DaRk_KnIgHt on May 7 2013, 05:48 AM
PMEmail Poster
DaRk_KnIgHt
Posted: May 9 2013, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

blaarghlebleeeergh--

Just beat Farcry 3 Blood Dragon.

Silly fun, cornball max. Best tutorial ever. Pretty dope all around. Ending it by firing my lazors everywhere was great.
PMEmail Poster
omoikane
Posted: May 9 2013, 02:26 PM
Quote Post

♪mojimoji shite kimoi ne♪
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

i think these are the only kind of ios games I buy: from japan, or from the world of tabletop games ported to ios.

Eclipse is a pretty okay port of a fairly popular tabletop game. works out pretty well if i want 30 minutes of 4X entertainment at a time.
DaRk_KnIgHt
Posted: May 13 2013, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

blaarghlebleeeergh--

Just Cause 2. It was pretty cheap on Steam some time ago, 3 bucks. Only just got it installed.

Pretty fun. Grappling hooks and South East Asian accents galore. My name is Bolooo Santosiiiii.

PMEmail Poster
Dark Schneider
Posted: May 18 2013, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 73149

I started playing Persona 4 Golden today. Well, playing it for real instead of just checking it out a little. I've had the game for a while now but wanted to get through some of my backlog before putting real time into it. This marks my first game in the series. Not sure why I'm just now diving into these games but I gotta say I'm thoroughly enjoying the everliving hell out of it.
PMEmail Poster
DaRk_KnIgHt
Posted: May 19 2013, 01:51 AM
Quote Post

blaarghlebleeeergh--

Just beat Metro Last Light. All the fun, less of the old frustration. Like no amoebas for one.

Though the game sure is a smarmy bastard. It drowns you in ammo at the early stages, then just when you get complacent about ammo usage, it dumps you into monster filled environments. And suddenly you are lacking ammo and unable to get more. Though I didn't know you could stealth throwing knife instakill certain monsters then, so I probably could have used less ammo if I knew earlier.
PMEmail Poster
moot
Posted: May 22 2013, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

In bad company

Member No.: 883

I've been on sort of an East Asian cultural tour of sorts on my PS3.

Okami HD: Okami was one of the titles I missed playing in the PS2 era, and really welcomed when it arrived on PS3. Great visual style, and easily platinum-able.

Asura's Wrath: Quicktime events galore, but man are the visuals gorgeous. Someone finally did Buddhist cosmology justice in CG.

Uncharted 2: Can't remember if I mentioned this one on this forum before. I stopped playing on my last console when it YLOD'd--on the penultimate chapter. >_> I can finally move on to Uncharted 3.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Genshie
Posted: May 31 2013, 01:06 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 59919

Working on Pokemon 3D indie game project with testing and such. It is free and it is awesome and you can mod it as well

Borderlands 2 playing as Krieg and will complete the two extra runs and getting read for the last dlc campaign to be released in June.

Need to finish 1999 mode of Bioshock Infinite.

ME1 through ME3 playthroughs plus multiplayer.

Dragon Age Origins: Need to set up and get ready for the eventual DA3:Inquisition.

Playing some handhelds games on some simulators and ect...

Finally screwing around with Minecraft since I now know how to mod everything correctly.

This post has been edited by Genshie on May 31 2013, 01:06 AM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Random Wanderer
Posted: Jun 4 2013, 11:39 PM
Quote Post

Magical Girl

Member No.: 51878

QUOTE (Genshie @ May 31 2013, 03:06 AM)
Dragon Age Origins: Need to set up and get ready for the eventual DA3:Inquisition.

Meh. I'm going to wait until it's out and I've heard some playthrough reviews from folks who aren't paid to do reviews before I buy a new Bioware game. ...Kind of sad, because I used to trust them implicitly.

I've just been replaying stuff, since nothing new and interesting that I'm aware of has been coming out any time recently. Torchlight 2 is what I'm back to currently.
PMEmail Poster
VasHtheStampede
Posted: Jun 4 2013, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

Ultimate Old One

Finally finished Dead Space 3. Definately was the easiest game of the whole series but definately wasn't the worst one. Normal difficulty was a pure cakewalk with the massive amount of health items and ammo you get (plus all ammo is universal). I've yet to play the bonus epiloge although even after the main's story ending it's almost crazy to have Issac and Carver *spoiler* after *spoilers*.

Other than that I didn't really play anything else all too much.

Games to buy for June:
- The Last of Us (06/14) - Naughty Dog's non-Uncharted Uncharted game, seriously it looks just like Uncharted except instead of tomb raiding you raid collapsed buildings for supplies and food, and you fight crazy people and plant-infested mutants, and you have a kid that kicks baddies in their crotches. I'm sure this will still be freaking awesome though.
- Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (06/25) - The final DLC mission pack of the current "season" (and possibly the final DLC of the game) where our racist explosives girl plays dungeon master and plops you into her own random medival fantasy world. Gearbox says this is their largest DLC to date and it's still an awesome deal for only $10 (or free if you have the "season pass"). The last two mission packs of Torgue's Battledome and Sir Hammerlock's Safari didn't really interest me all that much but this one really looks like a huge blast to play through.
- Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (sometime in June) - Consists two of Capcom's classic arcade fantasy brawlers Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom and its sequel Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara. Unfortunately it's not "Knights of the Round" (the greatest Capcom 2D brawler EVER!!) but these will do just nicely (especially with Dragon's Crown coming out just around the corner). The XB360 arcade version already has a set release date of June 18th so I would hope the PS3 version will be out around the same time (there is no set date of that version)
Char
Posted: Jun 22 2013, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

♪So I got married♪
Group Icon

Enjoying the Last of Us~
Jaquel
Posted: Jun 24 2013, 12:36 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 77519

Currently and as have been for the past 6 years World of Warcraft

Xbox 360 -Skyrim Dragonborn Addon
The Last Remnant
Assasin's Creed III
Dead Space 3

3Ds- Tales of the Abyss
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop

Iphone 5- Secret of Mana (Square Enix Remake)
Crono Trigger (Square Enix Remake)

I run a Speedway's Night shift and have a little bit of spare time at work for hand helds if you can't tell.
PMEmail Poster
Rukku529
  Posted: Jun 25 2013, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 77514

I know this is quite for most of you to know this game, Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast, I been getting into a lot of old school gaming and recently got a dreamcast on ebay. This is going to keep me for a while.
PMEmail PosterICQ
moot
Posted: Jun 27 2013, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

In bad company

Member No.: 883

The Amazing Spider-man: Most underrated open-world game since The Saboteur. Fantastic swinging action, nice use of interactive cinematics in the plot. It's sad how people compare it infavourably to Batman Arkham City, rather than see it as a fun, Spider-man game in its own right.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (11) All [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topic