l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (2) All [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [1474] Cool Story, "dont know much about Ninjas, do you?"
Piro
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

seraphim fanboy
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Yay, more comics

Feel like im really starting to get deeper into doing more fun and also more interesting comics and having the story start to really move along again.

Fredrin
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Invisigoth
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

Group: Fake Mods
Member No.: 63090

This Kunoichi exhibits indomitable spirit. Miho will take a bath and get her hair fixed and be appropriately dressed and it doesn't matter how tired she is
PMEmail Poster
Mamma Peach
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 07:52 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 76699

Also not as ignorant as she sounds. She picked up on Miho not really being a ninja, but is cool with it and seems to be able to get information without bluntly asking (even if she did just bluntly ask). She also has a bad habit here of wanting to treat Miho as a dress up doll, and now write her story. ...Maybe her chatter is a distraction.
PMUsers Website
Invisigoth
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

Oh she knows exactly what she's doing (which among other things is determining what's going on in Junpei's love life it would seem)
PMEmail Poster
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

The one true Green Lantern of sector SD!

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 39158

A ninja slumber party with big evil?
Not very wise.
Youth is wasted on the young.
PMEmail Poster
Tiger
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 57318

I like this Ninja girl smile.gif. Miho needs a friend like this
PMEmail Poster
HakuRyoku
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 65599

Junpei was so worried about grandma finding out I guess he considered his sister a non-threat..... it'd be interesting to see how long that holds up...
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Roborat
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 66228

This girl isn't a ninja, she is more like an unstoppable force of nature. Miho is going to have a new friend, if she wants one or not.
PMEmail Poster
Invisigoth
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

l33t One
Group Icon

QUOTE (Teddy-Werebear @ Apr 19 2017, 11:16 AM)
A ninja slumber party with big evil?
Not very wise.
Youth is wasted on the young.

Our intrepid kunoichi is braver, more capable and more perceptive than are you my timid bear
PMEmail Poster
Tiger
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 02:34 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 57318

QUOTE (HakuRyoku @ Apr 19 2017, 12:08 PM)
Junpei was so worried about grandma finding out I guess he considered his sister a non-threat..... it'd be interesting to see how long that holds up...

What if that IS his grandmother? ohmy.gif ph34r.gif
PMEmail Poster
Patty Acer
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 30812

Good gracious. Is Miho actually going to have a...female friend? For realz? Whether she wants one or not?

I like this.
PMEmail Poster
'zilla
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 12:53 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 53970

QUOTE (Patty Acer @ Apr 19 2017, 02:54 PM)
Good gracious. Is Miho actually going to have a...female friend? For realz? Whether she wants one or not?

I like this.

What about Ping [277]? I know she considers Miho her friend. Whether it's mutual is debatable but now that I think about it Ping kinda came on a little strong at first too.
paarfi
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 05:14 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 67417

NinjaGirl is fun. happy.gif

Yet another example of how things have changed for Miho. She's out of her element, unsure of what to do, worried, tired, and not a little afraid. She tries to spin a story, but she's in unfamiliar waters and off her game. NinjaGirl sees right through her.

There was a time, not too long ago, when things would have been very different. Miho had been in her gilded cage for a long time, and she knew the rules better than anyone. It didn't make her happy, but it did give her confidence and a feeling of security and being somewhat in control. Now that's all gone.

Miho's life wasn't going to get any better the way she was going. This change, scary and uncertain though it may be, was very much needed. But there is a lot more that needs to be done to make it turn out well.

Piro, Kimiko, and the rest of Miho's friends are trying to help, but they are going to need Miho too. In spite of the shock this has been, Miho needs to get her sh*t together. She's not a damsel in distress to be saved by the heroes. She's a heroine who just needs a little help from the people who care about her. Maybe talking to NinjaGirl will get her back on her game.
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 05:21 AM
Quote Post

The one true Green Lantern of sector SD!

Member No.: 39158

QUOTE ('zilla @ Apr 20 2017, 12:53 AM)
What about Ping [277]?

She is Junko's sidekick now!
They are team curvy!
ROAWR!!
PMEmail Poster
BetaCygnus
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 05:47 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 48735

QUOTE (paarfi @ Apr 20 2017, 01:14 PM)
NinjaGirl is fun. happy.gif

I totally agree. happy.gif

And Fred? Congrats on finding Da Flow again.

smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
garapagosu
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 15903

QUOTE (Tiger @ Apr 20 2017, 05:34 AM)
What if that IS his grandmother? ohmy.gif ph34r.gif

This. Thisthisthis.

Everyone wins.
PMEmail Poster
Heywulf
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 68356

I think I'm changing my mind. This is not quite the Innocent Game-playing Ninjagirl I thought she was. Maybe *I* don't know that much about ninjas. Or MegaTokyo-region ninjas. Maybe the local ninjas are very much game-players?

Both of these female entities seem to be acting like they are used to being treated with a lot of deference. If the ninja one is as young as some of her inclinations, one might think she was acting 'spoiled'. Or maybe from a very different culture. Maybe I *don't* know that much about ninjas.

rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster
Patty Acer
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 12:34 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 30812

QUOTE ('zilla @ Apr 20 2017, 12:53 AM)
What about Ping [277]? I know she considers Miho her friend. Whether it's mutual is debatable but now that I think about it Ping kinda came on a little strong at first too.

It always seemed to me that while Ping treated Miho as a friend, Miho was using Ping.

@ paarfi:

Interesting thoughts there. I've always felt that one of Miho's chief griefs about her situation was the fact that her choices weren't really choices at all - they were inevitabilities she was compelled to by the demands of her 'story'. But right now, in this interval that's been given to her, there are no inevitabilities and so her choices are actually just that - her choices. They may or may not work out the way she expects them to. For example, in this interaction with NinjaGirl, Miho has started out by doing what she's always done - i.e. suss out what the 'story' wants of her ('Ninja?...yes I'm a ninja...I guess...') and act accordingly. But since it's not a 'story' but a real interaction, it doesn't go according to script (' nice try....I'll help you work on a believable story')

So yeah, right now, Miho's off the map without GPS, to coin a phrase. None of her usual methods will work here. She can't play a role right now, she'll have to be herself. Could be interesting.

This post has been edited by Patty Acer on Apr 20 2017, 12:42 PM
PMEmail Poster
Ningen
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 55780

QUOTE (Patty Acer @ Apr 20 2017, 07:34 PM)
It always seemed to me that while Ping treated Miho as a friend, Miho was using Ping.

IIRC , Miho was "playing" PIng. That seems to be (/have been) her standard MO.

There seems to be a common theme of self-actualization for many of the characters. Ping discovers her humanity. Largo gets a job, Erica gives up hiding at MegaGamers and gets back into the action. Piro stops dithering and starts to show some backbone, Junpei pursues the way of 1337, and defies his head ninja...

Miho's arc has been longer and deeper than most. "Have I changed?" [1122]
PMEmail Poster
infidel
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 56314

QUOTE (Tiger @ Apr 19 2017, 02:34 PM)
What if that IS his grandmother?  ohmy.gif  ph34r.gif

Yea, I came on to make the same point. The level of perception and the treating Miho like a doll, and how Junpei mentioned his Grandmother and not a sister...

And how it's pretty common for female Ninjas to make themselves look youthful... Probably plays the chatty airhead teen because it is so effective for getting people to let down their guard.

This post has been edited by infidel on Apr 20 2017, 08:44 PM
PMEmail Poster
'zilla
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 11:59 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 53970

QUOTE (Patty Acer @ Apr 20 2017, 12:34 PM)
It always seemed to me that while Ping treated Miho as a friend, Miho was using Ping. . . .

. . . So yeah, right now, Miho's off the map without GPS, to coin a phrase. None of her usual methods will work here. She can't play a role right now, she'll have to be herself. Could be interesting.

You asked originally if Miho might be going to have a female friend. Ping wanted to be that friend but Miho wasn't ready for a friend. Plus, I think Ping may have affected her more deeply than she was willing to admit. whether she's "ready" now is debatable but she's probably closer than she was back in strip [261]. It depends on how far "off the map" she is and how willing she is to be herself.
mistersaxon
Posted: Apr 21 2017, 02:44 AM
Quote Post

Purveyor of High Class Weaponry

Member No.: 60230

Or maybe Ninja-girl is also not very used to having actual friends and spent most of her childhood with either wizened masters or toy dolls...

PMEmail Poster
Ningen
Posted: Apr 21 2017, 04:14 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 55780

The grandma theory might help to explain why the first choice of outfit was traditional.
PMEmail Poster
Zahooee
Posted: Apr 21 2017, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 51663

QUOTE (Mamma Peach @ Apr 19 2017, 08:52 AM)
...<snip>  and now write her story. ...Maybe her chatter is a distraction.

This idea intrigues me. Considering how important a plot point Miho's "story" has been to this point.

Miho's story has been a key aspect of her existence, both blessing and a curse. It drives her horde by tapping into their emotions and appears to literally give her life. Just the attempt to deviate from the oh-so-carefully preserved plot line has the consequence of causing great destruction.

While we are all driven by our own stories, Miho's has become a nearly tangible force of nature. It almost reminds me of so many "time travel, must avoid a paradox" tales.

That said, I love how--no matter how much she tries--Miho can't really deny her own story. As devious as she is, she can't seem to make herself spin a convincing alternate tale. I mean, she's always been a little less-than-truthfull when discussing herself, but I don't know that she's every out-and-out lied, outside of that time with Piro on-line...and look at how that turned out.

She starts out with "Yeah, I'm a ninja-girl" and quickly turns the story to "but, I'm not one anymore." This is so obvious that Junpei's sister doesn't even need to be as perceptive as she obviously is to see through it.

So much so that she gives Miho 2/3 of a "Cool story, bro" before she continues on as the force of nature she obviously is.

She may just have the power to help Miho craft that new story. While I doubt anybody can rewrite the past, one can certainly change the ending before the book closes.
PMEmail Poster
Mamma Peach
Posted: Apr 21 2017, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 76699

QUOTE (mistersaxon @ Apr 21 2017, 04:44 AM)
Or maybe Ninja-girl is also not very used to having actual friends and spent most of her childhood with either wizened masters or toy dolls...

True. Given the "kill rival clan" she probably doesn't have other ninja-girl friends, and how many same age kids are there in one family? Usually not many. If she goes to school outside of her ninja world she probably can't tell then about her life either.
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) All [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic