l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (2) All [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [1472] A Pause, "would miss like lay down?"
Piro
Posted: Apr 8 2017, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

seraphim fanboy
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Forums have been up and down, but for some reason seem to be working right now so... here we go.

Fredrin
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
S1arburst
Posted: Apr 8 2017, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 78100

Now Junpei, THAT was rude! I think buttoning up girl's shirts is fine, but stripping them is not!

I was wondering if he was going to stick around to keep Miho out of trouble or go back.

"Now dear, no poking into locked closets with bloodstained keys, no exploring the west wing, and no summoning the horde while I'm gone."

Like that's going to work.

At least he got her something to eat and drink.
PMEmail Poster
strider714
Posted: Apr 8 2017, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 50011

QUOTE (S1arburst @ Apr 8 2017, 08:34 AM)
Now Junpei, THAT was rude! I think buttoning up girl's shirts is fine, but stripping them is not!

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it wasn't Junpei but rather the earlier mentioned Mother or Grandmother that pulled the !NINJA Wardrobe change.

My bets are on it being Grandma. Given Junpei's previous statements, it sounds like something she would do.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
DracMonster
Posted: Apr 8 2017, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 63943

QUOTE (strider714 @ Apr 8 2017, 10:40 AM)

My bets are on it being Grandma. Given Junpei's previous statements, it sounds like something she would do.

Yuki's a possible outlier, too. I gotta go with Grandma, though.
PMEmail Poster
garapagosu
Posted: Apr 8 2017, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 15903

At this rate, the forum should replace Miho in the comic. The death/ressurection rate is impressive.

I also vote for Grandma. Very stylish kimono.
PMEmail Poster
Xavon
Posted: Apr 8 2017, 05:52 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 69089

Ninja mom or granny changed her, but didn't bother to take the heart monitors off. Seems a little rude.
PMEmail Poster
maldrul
Posted: Apr 8 2017, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

wandering idiot kitsune

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 23343

QUOTE (DracMonster @ Apr 8 2017, 04:09 PM)
Yuki's a possible outlier, too. I gotta go with Grandma, though.

Miho has already proven that she is faster than Yuki.
PMEmail Poster
Caineth
Posted: Apr 8 2017, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 69954

Those heart monitor thingies can be quite firmly attached... (at super speeds, that would leave very nice skin holes). So I'm still leaning towards the grandma.
PMEmail Poster
DrunkenSailor
Posted: Apr 8 2017, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 48029

I don't know why Yuki would do this. Or be here without stopping to slowdown to say hi. I bet grandma or mom or even little sister or something.

And In the last frame I think Miho has caught the culprit. Perhaps by the ankle as she lept away. It looks like that and she caught Yuki when she tried to jump away with Kobi in the bath house. A rude member of the Ninja's family might not know how fast Miho is. I think they just caught her off guard.

DS
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
paarfi
Posted: Apr 8 2017, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 67417

Yeah, I have to agree that it was somebody other than Junpei. Junpei said he was leaving, then there was a pause, indicating that he'd left. Besides, Junpei is an honorable ninja. I don't think undressing Miho without her permission is really his style.

As weird as it sounds, it's nice to see Miho mad again in that last panel. Maybe she needed that clothing change to break her out of the moping and worry

I'm curious to meet whomever it was who did the clothing change. Family is always interesting in MT. happy.gif
Xavon
Posted: Apr 9 2017, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Addict

QUOTE (DrunkenSailor @ Apr 8 2017, 06:07 PM)
And In the last frame I think Miho has caught the culprit. Perhaps by the ankle as she lept away. It looks like that and she caught Yuki when she tried to jump away with Kobi in the bath house. A rude member of the Ninja's family might not know how fast Miho is. I think they just caught her off guard.

I though it was more of her pointing or waving a fist, than catching the culprit. But we will see in the next comic (unless Fred does another scene shift).
PMEmail Poster
Patty Acer
Posted: Apr 9 2017, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 30812

QUOTE (strider714 @ Apr 8 2017, 10:40 AM)
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it wasn't Junpei but rather the earlier mentioned Mother or Grandmother that pulled the !NINJA Wardrobe change.

My thoughts also. Traditional kimono application in an instant? Gotta be ninja granny.
PMEmail Poster
Xavon
Posted: Apr 10 2017, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Addict

I just noticed that whoever changed Miho, also took her bottled beverage...
PMEmail Poster
'zilla
Posted: Apr 10 2017, 11:48 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 53970

I wonder if we'll get to see "granny ninja" (Fred should totally copyright/trademark that)? It would be interesting to see a lady who can make Junpei ill at ease. IIRC, the last one was Sonoda Meimi back in [684].
Yl33 D4 N00b
Posted: Apr 11 2017, 12:30 AM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 77929

QUOTE (Xavon @ Apr 10 2017, 05:00 PM)

Perhaps granny will give Miho a cup of relaxing hot green tea.... happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
mistersaxon
Posted: Apr 11 2017, 04:59 AM
Quote Post

Purveyor of High Class Weaponry

Member No.: 60230

QUOTE (Xavon @ Apr 10 2017, 11:00 PM)

And nicked her onigiri... Naughty.
PMEmail Poster
richvh
Posted: Apr 11 2017, 05:08 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 19795

QUOTE (Xavon @ Apr 10 2017, 07:00 PM)

Not just the drinks, but the tray of snacks.
PMEmail Poster
paarfi
Posted: Apr 11 2017, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 67417

Yay forums back up again. happy.gif Fred is working on things to try to fix this, but it's likely going to take a while. Hopefully it stays up for a while this time.

Fred started on the next comic last night. You can watch him draw it live on Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/fredrin
'zilla
Posted: Apr 11 2017, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 53970

Maybe not. It couldn't be easy to get Miho out of the hoodie and into the kimono with her hands full so whoever did it put the drink and snack on the table where they would be out of panel. Last comic, Junpei said his mom "probably" knew he was bringing Miho so she would be prepared to receive a guest. For that matter, "ninja granny™" could be a figment of our collective imagination and the wardrobe change was accomplished by Junpei himself.
Roborat
Posted: Apr 11 2017, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 66228

Well, I was assuming it was Junpei retrieving his jacket. But now you have me wondering. Nice job on the stealth kimono dressing, whoever did it.
PMEmail Poster
S1arburst
Posted: Apr 11 2017, 07:52 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 78100

Oh, yeah, I'm probably wrong. The rest of you are probably right and it's some female ninja undressing Miho. It's still rude though. I could see Junpei doing it if he decided that for some reason he REALLY couldn't do without that particular hoodie for a few hours, and wanted to get back to the action fast.

For a female ninja, okay it's not a male checking Miho out while she's nekkid, but really! She's not a baby, why is there such a hurry they can't let Miho dress herself? This is a great excuse to put her in a fancy kimono though biggrin.gif Can't let a chance like that go by while she's at an old-fashioned Japanese estate.

Speaking of being patient and trusting others, there's been something bothering me in retrospect. in [1455] Miho finally explains to Kimiko what she's worried about. Why couldn't she have told Piro that in [1437]?

Rather than "You idiot! You're not supposed to save me!! No one is supposed to save me!! How could you do this to me?? This didn't happen!! This can't happen!! What's going to happen to me now??"

How about answer her own question? For instance,

"Piro you idiot! You're not supposed to save me! Now the horde is going to hunt me down and kill me because I didn't die!"

If Miho knows what's going to happen to her, there's no reason for her to have an abject freak-out over uncertainty about who knows what's going to happen to her. I am going to assume that being killed by the horde is significantly more unpleasant than dying of cardiac arrest, but she was very cool about challenging Piro with that possibility in [1336].

Furthermore, the idea of the horde hunting Miho down to kill her is something Piro is quite ready to accept. That's what he thought she was telling him her story was about in [1330]. She was trying to tell him at the time that that's not quite how things USUALLY go, but now that she IS in that situation, why not tell him?! Especially since she's developing the habit of checking up on Piro whenever she starts a new game. Even if she dies this time, if she's going to keep hanging out with him, he needs to know WHY certain actions are 'idiotic' so he won't do them again. All she accomplished with her unjustified freak-out was to get herself tied down, and her potential defender against the horde, Piro, chased out of the room. Trust issues, smh. At least this time she wasn't being deliberately mysterious just for the sake of being a bitch, but if she's going to have allies, she's got to learn to actually talk to them.

Now Piro's still in the situation where he's not up to date on what others think is going on, and having to wing things even more madly in some respects than Kimiko did.
PMEmail Poster
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Apr 12 2017, 02:56 AM
Quote Post

The one true Green Lantern of sector SD!

Member No.: 39158

BOOM!
Miho done got owned by ninja tailors... foul evil and all!!
PMEmail Poster
Initial B
Posted: Apr 12 2017, 11:10 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 16323

Ah, forums are up again. It's a bit like a roller coaster.

I wonder, Since Miho is an analogue, could the story itself have changed her wardrobe for her to match the new setting? Look at the way she appears to be looking out of the page. I'm reminded of that Looney Tunes episode where Daffy Duck is getting messed around by the animator, who turns out to be Bugs Bunny. Are we starting to see the 4th wall breaking down?

This post has been edited by Initial B on Apr 12 2017, 11:10 AM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Zandra
Posted: Apr 12 2017, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 67343

CLOTHES SWITCHING JUTSU!!!
PMEmail Poster
Con
Posted: Apr 12 2017, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 58078

*Uses a ribbon from her hair to lasso and hog tie the forums* That'll do... for now. ninjanatsD.gif

Wow, so many things here... I'm guessing this is a little bit of a jump forward, given the first panel shot of her standing alone, looking uneasy... Probably trying to not notice the hot-bod ninja showering in the other room, which I doubt is too difficult given everything going on in her head right now...

Wet haired Junpei is weird... kinda like it though. He also brings convenience store onigiri (rice balls) and... water? tea? (tea in bottles is common in Japan). Probably has a stock there, or in the compound.

Miho is looking super adorbs with her forlorn looks, stylish messy hair, and baggy clothes here. I think coming to the wrong conclusion would be easy here... And let's not forget Junpei is not immune to her cuteness: 231 .... I sense the long forsaken MihoxJunpei ship has found new sails. Especially if that was Junpei doing the wardrobe change! 0_0

Speaking of... I noticed they got the arm restraints too, so probably the leg restraints too. At least they left the thumb rings. I'm not sure if the tilt is 4th wall breaking going on, or just implies that the person doing the changing is so fast they're tilting the panel... 4th wall tilting? Hm.... Megatokyo Pinball would be interesting...mind the gaps. Anyway, whoever did the changing left the kimono collar suspisciously loose... either that or they had to flee before they could finish to (try?) to avoid being grabbed by Miho.

Junpei's room in not what I would expect... an exposed CRT TV, and I guess an electronics shelf? The weirdly simple 一 (いち, ichi, one) calligraphy is amusing~ and I guess the japanese armor set is kinda cool but weird for a ninja. It looks like Junpei had a variety of interests before he discovered the way of l33t. I guess he was the black sheep of the family already?

The conversation is intereting... Miho is concerned for Kimiko, understandably... We still don't know why Miho even agreed to it... caught up in Kimiko's momentum? Just that desperate? And then there's the idea of the story being "paused", a new idea from Junpei here... is this a thing that happens that he's referring to, or is this the best way he can express what he thinks is happening?

Either way, since he left (maybe?) he might be the savior Piro/Kimiko needs from their situation, eventually. He does do a lot of saving of the protagonists, doesn't he? Particularly Largo...

"As long stay quiet and hide, no one bother." ... "Hey!" Welp, there went that plan! X3
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) All [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic