l33t hosting - our bandwidth pimps.  these guys r0x0rz
megatokyo - relax, we understand j00 what the hell is going on here?
who are these people?
please buy stuff or kimiko will cry...
rant and rave, tell everyone what you think.
comming soon - MT fan links and other stuff
fredart studios - the process behind the madness

Pages: (2) All [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [1467] Making Mayh3m, "yes, this will do"
Piro
Posted: Feb 27 2017, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

seraphim fanboy
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Ok! here is the comic - posted yesterday to patreon, and now posted here for all. I could make these two banter all day...
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
HakuRyoku
Posted: Feb 27 2017, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 65599

Lol OMG Largo... you are amazing.... I don't think I've ever said anything like that about him, but the boy ain't dumb.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
maldrul
Posted: Feb 27 2017, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

wandering idiot kitsune

Member No.: 23343

But it's evident that FPSs have spoiled Largo since in an FPS any new weapon you come across, you already know how to hold and deploy.
PMEmail Poster
garapagosu
Posted: Feb 27 2017, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Local

Group: -Members-
Member No.: 15903

i may need to update my signature with an image from this comic.
PMEmail Poster
Liminaut
Posted: Feb 27 2017, 10:55 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 64363

Erika is saving her onboard weapons systems for "other targets of opportunity". Does that means we'll actually get to see them unleashed?
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
'zilla
Posted: Feb 28 2017, 12:29 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 53970

Not sure but I think we're about so see Erika channel Moeko-Chan, given the way she's brandishing that pipe like a hammer.
teejayhoward
Posted: Feb 28 2017, 02:21 AM
Quote Post

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 6447

That last panel.

My god, Largo feels like Largo again. It's been so long!
PMEmail Poster
mistersaxon
Posted: Feb 28 2017, 02:34 AM
Quote Post

Purveyor of High Class Weaponry

Member No.: 60230

It's like Nisekoi: they're all Best Girls (for someone). But I think we can agree that right here and right now Erika is Best Girl In A Pinch.

I'd definitely rather have her by my side or covering my back than in my way... ohmy.gif
PMEmail Poster
paarfi
Posted: Feb 28 2017, 05:46 AM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 67417

@teejayhoward:
Registered here since 2002 and this is your first post? That deserves and internet cookie. happy.gif

Like some others have said, Largo maybe be crazy, but he's not dumb. Nice to see that again. Largo and Erika make a great couple.

I also like how this shows how much Largo and Piro are friends. Largo understands Piro -- not all the time and not completely. But he gets him in the way that real friends do. Same kind of thing here with Erika. She can make a crack about Kimiko's acting abilities and you can feel the affection behind it.

Thanks for the comic, Fred. happy.gif
Dragonix
Posted: Feb 28 2017, 05:50 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 78119

This one is definitely added to my favorite pages list. I love seeing these two interact this way. They're both serious without being gloomy, they're down to Earth, and they both just understand one another. I can't say that Erika or Largo are two of my favorite characters, but their relationship is my favorite interaction between any two characters in this story. happy.gif

Great page, Fred. Definitely worth the wait.
PMEmail Poster
Dragonix
Posted: Feb 28 2017, 06:03 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 78119

QUOTE (paarfi @ Feb 28 2017, 05:46 AM)
Like some others have said, Largo maybe be crazy, but he's not dumb. Nice to see that again. Largo and Erika make a great couple.

I also like how this shows how much Largo and Piro are friends. Largo understands Piro -- not all the time and not completely. But he gets him in the way that real friends do. Same kind of thing here with Erika. She can make a crack about Kimiko's acting abilities and you can feel the affection behind it.

I couldn't have said it better myself, paarfi. Piro and Largo are true friends, even when they don't always agree with each other. Largo always seems to understand what's going on around him more than he lets on. He's a lot Pinkie Pie, Beast Boy, and other characters of that sort. The "comic relief" act isn't really a facade, but it is definitely masking a critical thinker. Largo is smarter than people seem to see or give him credit for. I honestly love his interactions with the other characters more than anyone else's, because they always seem so genuine. He may be a nut job, but he is a caring guy who gets people to a degree. I think that's why him and Erika work out so well. He can make her smile and laugh when many people can't seem to, and in return she can handle his particular type of crazy and still find him endearing. He can be a bit much at times, but seeing him one on one with another character like this is definitely redeeming for him. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
iffy
Posted: Feb 28 2017, 09:59 AM
Quote Post

Senior l33t One

Member No.: 67265

Erika knows how to rein Largo in when he's a bit much, it's part of the charm for her, he helps her do it, and it seems to make them both happy. Adventures for the princess with somebody who takes her for who she is. They get the situation and know they are participants as much as they know who the other participants are.

It will be curious to see if the same thing develops with Piro and either of the two potential companions, or if indeed he does not win or lose.

So, Kimiko was the 'seriously bad acting' Erika mentioned. Although walking around looking dazed isn't all that particularly masterful either, but there you are.

It looks like Erika makes the pipe larger after Largo gives it to her. Moeko on the way, with the onboards held in reserve.

Of course everyone savvy knows how to use a weapon when they pick it up. After all, there's not terribly much to the ones made for beings with two arms and ten digits on the attached hands.
PMEmail Poster
eomdal
Posted: Feb 28 2017, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 56906

Ex idols are WMD. Largo loves WMD. Largo loves Erika.

And Erika looks like she is about to go into Adult Swim version of Moeko.

Love the dynamic between these two, Fred. This is a good scene.
PMEmail Poster
Patty Acer
Posted: Feb 28 2017, 02:43 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Member No.: 30812

'Kimiko couldn't play dead believably even if she were dead." Wow, harsh, Erika.

My favorite Couple of Mass Destruction is about to unleash...I love it. But I can't help but spare some sympathy for poor Inspector Sonoda. You just know he's going to be the one stuck cleaning up the mess....

PMEmail Poster
Patty Acer
Posted: Feb 28 2017, 02:46 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

QUOTE (Piro @ Feb 27 2017, 08:06 PM)
I could make these two banter all day...

Yes please!
PMEmail Poster
wordwarrior
Posted: Mar 1 2017, 02:53 AM
Quote Post

~Super☆Affection~

Member No.: 57076

So Erika needed a magic wand with a little more weight to swing. "In the name of love ... take THAT!" happy.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
GouryG
Posted: Mar 1 2017, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 47794

Now things are getting very interesting. Glad to see that Largo saw through the ruse, it just goes to show he isn't as dense as some think he is. Now let's see what Erika and Largo unleash on the horde.
PMEmail Poster
Yl33 D4 N00b
Posted: Mar 1 2017, 10:59 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 77929

Another new comic! Yay! Sonoda's fears have just been realized.... laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
Roborat
Posted: Mar 2 2017, 01:26 PM
Quote Post

Local

Member No.: 66228

Last time I tried to post, the forum crashed. Retyping from memory.

I love the interplay between these two. I am interested to see what type of target Erika decides it is worth unleashing the "onboard weapons systems" on. And what is that Largo has in the last panel? Is that an air to ground bomb? If it is and it was dropped, it is a dud, and if it wasn't dropped, it won't have armed yet. And how is he even carrying it, it looks like a 250 or 500 pound bomb.
PMEmail Poster
Patty Acer
Posted: Mar 2 2017, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

l33t One

Has anyone else noticed how Boo is flitting back and forth between Erika and largo now? Like he can't figure out whose conscience he needs to be?

And in the last panel, t3h l33t, into Erika's speech it has crept, yes?

PMEmail Poster
arimareiji
Posted: Mar 3 2017, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 64987

QUOTE (Patty Acer @ Mar 2 2017, 03:54 PM)
Has anyone else noticed how Boo is flitting back and forth between Erika and largo now? Like he can't figure out whose conscience he needs to be?

This is a beautiful observation, thank you. happy.gif

QUOTE (Patty Acer @ Feb 28 2017, 01:43 PM)
'Kimiko couldn't play dead believably even if she were dead." Wow, harsh, Erika.

Thank you... I wondered if I were the only one who actually winced with that line. Imo, it's manifestly untrue since Kimiko's good enough to land a major VA role. (At least wrt vocal expression, which strongly implies ability to control one's mental state and thus demeanor.)

I half-wonder if our favorite mega-ka's Self-talk persona snuck out of the control room, and doodled on a script at the MT set while none of Self-talk's coworkers (or an external cat editor) were looking. (^_~)
PMEmail Poster
infidel
Posted: Mar 3 2017, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

Addict

Member No.: 56314

Ya, That bothered me too. Kimiko is obviously fooling someone. So her acting isn't THAT bad. Erika comes off as one of those people who badmouth a movie while watching it.

SHHH.
PMEmail Poster
Calaron
Posted: Mar 3 2017, 09:16 PM
Quote Post

Tourist

Member No.: 78850

QUOTE (wordwarrior @ Mar 1 2017, 02:53 AM)
So Erika needed a magic wand with a little more weight to swing. "In the name of love ... take THAT!"  happy.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought she's wielding that thing like a wand or a scepter. I'm just not sure how exactly she's planning to utilize it.

Shooting sparkles and rainbows is probably out of the question...

This post has been edited by Calaron on Mar 3 2017, 09:19 PM
PMEmail Poster
Ningen
Posted: Mar 26 2017, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Veteran

Member No.: 55780

QUOTE (infidel @ Mar 4 2017, 01:51 AM)
Ya, That bothered me too. Kimiko is obviously fooling someone. So her acting isn't THAT bad. Erika comes off as one of those people who badmouth a movie while watching it.

SHHH.

To be fair, once you know how to do something you often pick up on flaws that the general audience wouldn't be aware of.
PMEmail Poster
Teddy-Werebear
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

The one true Green Lantern of sector SD!

Member No.: 39158

Lead pipe became a fairy wand? huh.gif
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) All [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic